Did you like TLM2?

Master Inika

No one seems to talk about it. I approximately know (and agree with) the fan consensus that TLM was great and the next two films were progressively worse, but no one on here seems to talk about whether or not TLM2 was a return to form or not. I personally enjoyed it very much and would rank it on par with LEGO Batman.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

So, my boss and coworkers and I discuss this every so often, and I've got it down to where I rank the LEGO Movies in this order:

1. Batman Movie--it felt more streamlined and amusing and easier to follow than TLM
  2. The LEGO Movie--it was the first in the series and established a style and form that the others would follow, albeit with some aspects f it feeling jumbled (which makes sense, as it follows the play patterns of a child's mind, so it's expected to be a bit odd) but I otherwise loved it.
  3. TLM2--Like the Batman Movie, it was more streamlined and consistent, but it has the downside of being slightly less memorable and feels very much like a regular movie sequel in that the world and characters have already been established and the plot unfortunately makes it too similar to the original to be memorable on its own. It has it's moments, but not enough to measure up to the original. Though maybe I have to watch it a few more times in order to appreciate it more. 
  4. The next movie they will produce.
  5. And the movie after that.
  6. And maybe the third one a few years after that, should be pretty good.
  7. The LEGO Ninjago Movie--Unfortunately, I really didn't like this one as much as I hoped to. It had none of the charm of the original LEGO Movie or the Ninjago series and most of the jokes were really forced and felt kinda bland in execution. Story was consistent, but wasn't engaging enough for me to care about it all that much. It gave us some fun new sets, but that was about it. It butchered the characters' personalities in all the wrong ways and, while I get that it was supposed to be its own thing, it just fell flat on its face and no amount of star power or my loyalty to the Ninjago brand could save it in my eyes.

Yeah, there's my two cents. Don't spend it all in one place. :P

• Like 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

11 minutes ago, The 1st Shadow said:

So, my boss and coworkers and I discuss this every so often, and I've got it down to where I rank the LEGO Movies in this order:

1. Batman Movie--it felt more streamlined and amusing and easier to follow than TLM
  2. The LEGO Movie--it was the first in the series and established a style and form that the others would follow, albeit with some aspects f it feeling jumbled (which makes sense, as it follows the play patterns of a child's mind, so it's expected to be a bit odd) but I otherwise loved it.
  3. TLM2--Like the Batman Movie, it was more streamlined and consistent, but it has the downside of being slightly less memorable and feels very much like a regular movie sequel in that the world and characters have already been established and the plot unfortunately makes it too similar to the original to be memorable on its own. It has it's moments, but not enough to measure up to the original. Though maybe I have to watch it a few more times in order to appreciate it more. 
  4. The next movie they will produce.
  5. And the movie after that.
  6. And maybe the third one a few years after that, should be pretty good.
  7. The LEGO Ninjago Movie--Unfortunately, I really didn't like this one as much as I hoped to. It had none of the charm of the original LEGO Movie or the Ninjago series and most of the jokes were really forced and felt kinda bland in execution. Story was consistent, but wasn't engaging enough for me to care about it all that much. It gave us some fun new sets, but that was about it. It butchered the characters' personalities in all the wrong ways and, while I get that it was supposed to be its own thing, it just fell flat on its face and no amount of star power or my loyalty to the Ninjago brand could save it in my eyes.

Yeah, there's my two cents. Don't spend it all in one place. :P

I wish I had a boss and coworkers I could talk about LEGO with...

I think you're the first person I've heard put Batman over the original. I wouldn't necessarily, but they are both close in quality.

TLM2 does feel a lot like just another movie sequel. Same problem I had with Wreck-It Ralph 2 and some others--they're good, they just have a slightly cheaper sequel feel I can't put my finger on.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I say it ranks about equal with the original. I've only watched it once, so I still have yet to fully nitpick it.

I do like the post-apocalyptic "facelift" that Bricksburg and its residents got, so much so that I redesigned my sigfig to match it (see profile photo).

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

Well, if I were to rank the Lego Movies, it would be: 

1. The Lego Movie - the originals are the best, so yeah. I like that it has a picture of Bionicle in a split second. 
2. The Lego Batman Movie - this one is reasonable, but Batman never talked about Emmet or their friends. Plus, the Joker summoned non-DC Comics villains, but it is just unnecessarily random. 
3. The Lego Movie 2 - For some reason, it doesn’t have some people from the first movie. It’s interesting that Alfred from the Batman movie appeared in there, but I wish more people, like ones from the first Lego movie, the Batman movie, the Lego Ninjago Movie, Bionicle, Marvel, Star Wars, and other Disney could’ve appeared in there to make things more interesting, too. The part when Emmet destroyed the cake-like podium, which caused the whole universe to collapse, is something that I’m am not 100% fond of. 
4. The Lego Ninjago Movie - This movie is randomly bonkers. The realistic car was the main problem in the movie, Lord Garmadon was never cured, the Ninja’s personalities and looks are sort of twisted (same with Wu, Lord Garmadon, and Misako, who is nicknamed Koko in there for some reason), and there are not much references to the main Lego Movies or the Batman movie (I’m surprised that Ninjago never talked about Bionicle, which is sort of similar to it, either). 

So, there. I really hope that if there were to be The Lego Movie 3, it should be much more reasonable (things since The Lego Movie has more too silly lately) and include Bionicle, Marvel, Star Wars, and other Disney stuff. Plus, I hope for a Marvel movie, like Iron Man or Spider-Man, because people want that. Marvel is a successful Lego theme, so yes. If there were to be a Ninjago sequel, it should have more vibe from the TV show, like including other villains over there and cure Lord Garmadon. If there were a Batman sequel, well, I don’t mind, but I like to see a few more Batman villains, like Ra’s al Ghul, Hush, Firefly and the Mad Hatter. If there were The Lego Bionicle Movie, well, I 50% hope for it, but Bionicle is not famous for minifigures, and it would be hard to move their mouths or masks. Better give Bionicle (and Hero Factory) it’s own cinematic universe, which is either actually 3-D animated, like the Bionicle direct-to-video movies, or live-action (it’s sort of like the Marvel Cinematic Universe). 

I heard that Lego is planning to make a movie called The Billion Brick Race, but we don’t know anything about it.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)