What Happened To Re-Skinning The Site?

Leg O'Brick

Why has there been no attempt to redesign BZP? I thought that was part of the plan for the update. I mean, no offense, but the homepage is looking REALLY dated. And the forums look... generic. When is this going to happen? I'm certain that among the many, many talented designers that haunt BZP there must be like one person that would relish the task of re-skinning the website. Can we hold a contest? Or something? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and I realize this isn't a full-time job for the admins, but wasn't this like one of the most important purposes of that year-long offline period we had? Heck, if they're too busy to modify the css, I'll do it! Let's hold a contest, pick a design, and get some volunteers to code it in. I think it'd be fun!

Edited by Leg O'Brick

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

During the downtime, a news story was posted, asking (in part) for skinners and PHP programmers to contact Black Six. When the forums returned, and after the initial euphoria subsided, some members' gripes over the generic feel of the site prompted Than the Moa to say something along the lines of "you do know that the skin is temporary, right?"I can sympathize, though. "Temporary", when said by the staff, can occasionally be a long time - especially when the issue in question is, I would imagine, fairly far down the priority list.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

During the downtime, a news story was posted, asking (in part) for skinners and PHP programmers to contact Black Six. When the forums returned, and after the initial euphoria subsided, some members' gripes over the generic feel of the site prompted Than the Moa to say something along the lines of "you do know that the skin is temporary, right?"I can sympathize, though. "Temporary", when said by the staff, can occasionally be a long time - especially when the issue in question is, I would imagine, fairly far down the priority list.

Ok... but what are the other things being done preventing this? It wouldn't require the staff to do anything extra, just get the members to do it. I don't understand why this can't be done. It'd be sooo easy.And BTW, I was one of the people that volunteered at that time, and I was never contacted. So again, I don't get it. Edited by Leg O'Brick

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

What are the other things being done preventing this? It wouldn't require the staff to do anything extra, just get the members to do it. I don't understand why this can't be done. It'd be sooo easy.

It requires the staff to actually implement the skins, and to make sure they work on BZPower with its custom hacks.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

If you were never contacted by Andrew, it is not a bad idea to try and PM him again and volunteer again. The skin is indeed temporary, we do indeed intend to replace it with something more "homey". But none of the staff, I believe, have the know-how on skinning this new version of IPB. Which is why we asked for volunteers, and as you say you did indeed volunteer, I can understand the frustration. I would contact Black Six again.It also might not be a bad idea to try and create a skin you think would work for BZP, and then send a sample to Black Six as well, just to say "hey, here's one, maybe this will work?" (Maybe at the very least, a header with Tohu in it)That said, the skin is indeed not our top priority right now. I think a front page redesign is in the pipeline eventually as well, though we're honestly just kind of thrilled that a button for blogs and the archives were finally added. We'll get to it, and hopefully if we can get some real volunteers for skins, we can get something rolling.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I hope we get I new skin, but I know that skinning is a real pain in the butt, so I'm patient.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg