Happy 10th anniversary, Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! You every heard of Lego’s first direct-to-video Lego minifigure movie called Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers. It’s 3-D animated, rather than stop-motion, like The Lego Movie in 2014. It’s like an explorer named Clutch Powers going on an adventure to stop an evil wizard, who escaped from prison and is threatening a medieval world. It’s 10 years and a day ago, on February 23, 2010. It’s a good movie. :) Wished The Lego Movie could have been 3-D animated because it’s better to have bendable limbs. I also wish that there is a sequel to Clutch Powers because there are some unresolved stuff. :( However, we see Clutch in Ninjago’s Season 11 in 2019, but that is not the same Clutch because he doesn’t get split apart. Lol. :) 

Any memories from the movie?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the movie as a kid when it came out. I remember vaguely liking it, more so than the Bionicle movies at least. I can still remember the line "Do you want a red thingy or a blue thingy?"

While it obviously set up a trilogy and had a ton of unresolved plot points, I can totally understand why it never got a sequel. The Lego Movies did pretty much everything Clutch wanted to do, but better. And I have to disagree with you on the animation. The fact that the movies limited themselves to the general real physical limitations of minifigures and imitated stop motion was one of my favorite parts of the films and a cool homage to a part of the LEGO fanbase.

The movie may be a relic of the past at this point, but I really love the Clutch Powers figure Ninjago gave us last year and just the fact that it exists. Definitely up there as one of my favorite figures of all time.

• 11 months later...

Hey @Sailor Wah!, please remember to check the date of the last post in a topic before adding a reply. The post before yours was made in March 2020—almost a year ago! This counts as topic revival, so this topic will be closed.

If you would like to continue the discussion, feel free to start a new topic. In the meantime, please take a look at the BZPower Forum Revival Reference. It's a handy guide that will help you avoid reviving topics. :) 

• Eyru locked this topic