[MOC-REVAMP] Admiral Jaldamir

Admiral Jaldamir

49608160556_96edba22a3_c.jpg

Admiral Jaldamir by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

"A noble and valiant commander whose sole purpose is to bring to justice anyone who dares to stand against the crown. Has a long-standing enmity towards criminals who fare the seas, especially Pirate Lord Dreadwind and his band of miscreants".

49608160496_817cb78f4d_c.jpg

Admiral Jaldamir by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

A reimagining of an old character I had built way back in 2015. Since the moment I lay eyes on the kanohi Iden I've always pictured it belonging to an elegant, gentlemanly-looking character. And I felt the same way about those Praetorian Guard cloth skitrts; as soon as I saw them, I knew I had to build a redcoat-wearing character. Revamping Jaldamir gave me the answer. Safe to say I managed to pull this aesthetic off? I'll let you all be the judge of that!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
Added a URL
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

5 hours ago, IvanisIvan said:

how do I create clothing as good as you do?

You flatter me! ^_^ I just look at the reference item and try to match its shaping and proportions on my character. The fact that LEGO has several fabric parts in different colours and shapes also helps a lot. There's no avoiding a large amount of trial and error until you get it right, though.

• Like 1

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

On 3/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, Unreliable Narrator said:

I love all the details and how the fabric components are integrated so well. 

Glad you like those! They were challenging to figure out, especially considering the fact that I had very brief glances at similar source material.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, Master Inika said:

I get a lot of Doctor Strange vibes from this.

I think it's a combination of the collar and the mask that gives these vibes off. I thought this MOC had them too tbh. I even debated doing a 180 with the concept and going full-steam ahead with a sorceror build instead of an Admiral.