Toy Fair 2020: Ninjago

TF20_Ninjago_teaser.jpg
Life! It keeps getting in the way of posting about Toy Fair. Fear not, we haven't forgotten about it, and are back to show of another playtheme. Ninjago returns this year with a new video game centric theme called Prime Empire, featuring a lot of sets that appear to be straight out of a video game. From mechs to dragons to arcade pods, there's a lot going on with the theme. Check out our full Toy Fair coverage of the sets below.

View the full article

I wonder if we will have another wave in the summer? It’s sad that we don’t see it. :( 

Anyway, I like the new tech stuff in the sets. They look quite authentic. They capture the video game vibe very well. The Golden set looks much cooler than the original in 2013. :)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The video game motif honestly warrants its own theme. Sucks that Ninjago had to take the idea for itself.

Edited by Sir Keksalot

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

On 3/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, Sir Keksalot said:

The video game motif honestly warrants its own theme. Sucks that Ninjago had to take the idea for itself.

I think Ninjago will take every motif it can get its hands on. That's kinda the way it's been.

Anyway, I do like the idea. And I love the fact that there is a set named "Gamer's Market".

On 3/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, Sir Keksalot said:

The video game motif honestly warrants its own theme.

Given that the Nintendo partnership is now a thing, it may warrant many themes. I'm not sure that you can make a generic "video game" theme. There's only so many sets of figs walking around in VR headsets or on couches that you can make. How do you envision this theme to be? I'm confused. 

In other things, I like the Golden Mech and the Empire Temple of Madness. I dig the maze design on the top of the mech and the evil temple's use of trans-red panels. 

you can call me boomie :D