BIONICLE Lego Ideas project discussion

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! I’m surprised that no one is talking about those Bionicle projects in Lego Ideas. Well, let’s talk about them here. You see, when a project gets 10,000 supports, Lego will review it before it can decided whether it can be sold as a Lego set or not. There are a lot fo Lego Ideas projects that became sets. There are some Bionicle Ideas projects that are used to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary (it’s a young adult. 2001-2021, right?). 

First, there’s one that has 10,000 supporters, and Lego reviewing it: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/9a9b428b-108e-43bd-8b9e-3fdc7e8ec54a . This one is a diorama that represents the 2001, 2007 and 2010 storylines. It’s amazing that this guy is able to have that much supporters. If this “3IO” stuff can’t make Bionicle come back again, this would a one-ticket way to get Bionicle back. 

There are other ones that are not in that level yet. Here are the list: 

1. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b68c92b0-6a0c-4264-a2dc-d4dd6ffba149 - It’s a statue of 2001 Tahu. 
2. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/76618127-4e4d-4d8f-a6f9-2d53a2618f33 - It’s the Toa Mata in brick form. 
3. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b2d13635-4c8d-41a8-930d-15b40e98293b - It’s the Toa Mata as Brickheadz. 
4. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/37e80913-962b-47c3-9d57-464c4b358030 - That’s a revamp of 2010 Takanuva, whose has a gear system. 
5. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4fe87789-0310-4955-bee8-109a7d7034ff - A temple with Toa and Matoran. 

I’m hoping for numbers 2, 4, and 5 to become sets because they look awesome. I wish Hero Factory can have this kind of treatment for its 10th anniversary this year. 

So, yeah. Let’s discuss this. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Coulda sworn we had a topic for Sokoda's project, but whatever. That submission is old news, and it's the only good idea that'll actually have a shot.

1. This one just sucks. The proportions are all wrong, and I can't see it being reasonably-priced.

2. This will never get approved. It's just a bunch of bog-standard Mata revamps that require pieces Lego doesn't use anymore.

3. Bionicle deserves a better comeback than a bunch of Brickheadz.

4. Again, a fairly generic revamp that's literally impossible atm.

5. The only good thing about this one is the giant McToran head. Not only does everything else require pieces Lego can't use, but it's all pretty bad.

And none of this can bring Bionicle back. There's not a whole lot to say about these subs other than they're all trash and/or impossible. Sokoda's was the only one we can really get behind.

HF will get nothing for its anniversary because not nearly enough people care, including within Lego's own ranks. It's a dead theme that didn't really make much of an impact, whoop-dee-do.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

The reason I think Sokoda's got through and has a chance of becoming a real set, is Sokoda's project understood current Lego constraints and part availability. Lego isn't going to bring back the 2001 era parts even if those molds still existed in storage somewhere. 

• Like 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

9 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

Lego isn't going to bring back the 2001 era parts even if those molds still existed in storage somewhere. 

Definitely-some of those parts haven't been made in 20 years, so they aren't gonna make an exception for one set. 

Even aside from the fact that none of the others are feasible, Sokoda's model is the most visually appealing. Another thing to consider is, let's be honest, all the other models are trying for a Bionicle reboot (which is frankly just desperate at this point). Sokoda's model is much more of a tribute piece (a much better tribute than the Stars I might add). From a business standpoint, it makes sense to make this model. With the AFOL/Bionicle fanbase, they could literally charge $200 for this (relatively) small set and we would pay! 

On the other hand, if they do make it, Lego Ideas would get so clogged up with Bionicle projects and people trolling for a reboot.

I'm not holding my breath on any of the other projects, but I'm genuinely curious to see if Lego makes Sokoda's.       

• Like 1

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

13 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

Definitely-some of those parts haven't been made in 20 years, so they aren't gonna make an exception for one set. 

I mean if I could have my type of dreams come true... I'd want Lego to bring back all the original 12 Kanohi molds and just churn out all the masks we never got in all the original colors (the Mata colors, the Turaga colors... the Tohunga/Matoran/Rahi colors...). Then I'd want a full set of the 12 Kanohi in Maersk blue and all the trans-neon colors and all the weird pastels Lego Friends and Elves introduced and all the green and blue variations and the...  

But... its a ridiculous dream. Chances are, all the original Kahoni molds are trapped in the concrete foundation of some building in Billund; forever damaged and out of reach... not to mention some of the original colors (the two old grays, Pohatu's brown, Onepu's violet, etc.) are retired and aren't in production anymore. Even in 2010, when Tahu Mata returned in the Stars wave, his Hau was a completely new mold suggesting the original masks molds had already been retired before then... and its less likely in the 10+ years since 2010 that even Tahu Star's Hau is even available in the molding catalog anymore. I'd be shocked if the masks from the 2015/2016 reboot are still around! 

To tie it back into Lego Ideas... yeah I have fingers crossed big time for Sokoda's project. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 4 weeks later...

The one already at 10k is the only one I see as viable, and as a pessimist I see even that as a longshot as just about any bonk tribute would get overshadowed by a more mass-market property like Flintstones or Friends.

Jaller Inika looks like C-3PO and I hate it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys. We got a new Bionicle Ideas Project, which is a map of Mata Nui called “Micro Mata Nui”: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8b81cdb6-59de-4eb0-9245-8db1b1789b2b 

It’s quite cute. :)

Anyway, I am surprised that the numbers of voters in the projects that I mentioned are not increasing much. :(

If you can make a Bionicle project, then what would it be? Just asking.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)