Greetings, all! I recently decided to build the Toa Mata as LEGO BrickHeadz using LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), and then used Mecabrick's 3D-rendering software to create photo-realistic pictures of them. I've posted these as a project on LEGO Ideas, but I wanted to post them here as well for feedback. Thoughts?Gali.png.7386cd15189a57b69eaa3c410438458d.pngKopaka.png.bb58de6a12537639de6ac7597286ccda.pngLewa.png.5e72eb41dfc71681b341b71725dc5858.pngOnua.png.70d1dc527638aed5c5a76c3233e4593d.pngPohatu.png.194d41464bbd5ae385909a76faf774a4.pngTahu.png.9cfd081c447676e30c7570f472909410.png

• Like 8

:akaku: and :kaukau: literally perfect!

I think :hau: could be fixed by removing the 2*2 flat tile on his face with two curved 1*1 flat tiles and one 2*1 flat tile.

for :miru: move the plates on the side one stud back and with the 2*2 sloped piece on his face with four cheese slopes, bottom two with the highest side pointed down and the top two facing inwards to mimic the slanted shape of his nose area.

with, :pakari: i would completely restructure the kanohi, I'd have to moc up something of my own and send it to you but Idk. Same goes for :kakama:. They both could benefit from these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=77238#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

:kakama: could use them on the sides of his head, whereas :pakari: would have them on the front, replacing those grills under his eyes. Also, with :pakari:, I would raise the front of the face so it is level with the top vents and would slope the sides of his head less gradually.

Just my recommendations!

Hey! I'm Ivan and I love Bionicle, but I am sure yall do too. :P

http://www.moc-pages.com/home.php/128635

Awesome in all the right places! I particularly like Gali's claws.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

I think my favourite thing is the way you've recreated Kopaka's mask. I would have thought a rounded shape like the Akaku would be difficult to convert to the blocky Brickheadz form; but you've got it looking absolutely spot-on... the best out of all of them, I'd say, incorporating some really clever parts usage there :D

The way you've constructed the front of their torsos is neat, too; capturing a simplified version of the Toa torso shape is a really clever idea, and I particularly like the suggestion of the original gears displayed at the top too ^^

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hm, Onua looks more like a Turaga than Toa, with Pohatu being close behind. I don't know it's just the way the photos are stacked or if they look shorter side-by-side with the others.

(C)1984-2020 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

4 hours ago, Toaraga said:

Hm, Onua looks more like a Turaga than Toa, with Pohatu being close behind. I don't know it's just the way the photos are stacked or if they look shorter side-by-side with the others.

(C)1984-2020 Toaraga EAM

No, you're right.They really are shorter. In my attempt to replicate the "hunched-over" feature of Onua and Pohatu, I fear I may have miscalculated where to place their heads.

On the other hand, my Turaga models look like this:

Turaga Vakama-1.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merovinchi said:

No, you're right.They really are shorter. In my attempt to replicate the "hunched-over" feature of Onua and Pohatu, I fear I may have miscalculated where to place their heads.

On the other hand, my Turaga models look like this:

I didn't think Onua and Pohatu looked out of place compared to the actual models, but it might be at this scale just because I associate their masks and hands so much with the Toa. Vakama definitely looks taller than them.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

19 hours ago, Master Inika said:

I didn't think Onua and Pohatu looked out of place compared to the actual models, but it might be at this scale just because I associate their masks and hands so much with the Toa. Vakama definitely looks taller than them.

Hmm... You've got a point. I think I've got my scale-size off. I'll need to tinker with that a little bit more. :)

Since this is made out of system bricks, I think this has the best chance of becoming a Lego set of all the proposals floated so far. (But maybe doing the 2015 Toa would have a better chance of getting to the shelves?)

I also like your models, especially Kopaka. Pohatu looks a bit doglike and could use a bit more work on the mask. I suggest moving the outer portion of the mask back - remember that the Kakama is curved backwards - that should help. 

I really like the transparent orange tiles on Tahu's model. I like the transparent on Gali too, but am confused about the use of the black on the front of the mask. Perhaps a lighter blue would help? It looks black to me.

I'm confused about the canisters too - shouldn't they be bigger? There's no way that these Toa would fit in them.  

I seriously dig the Turaga model, though. Good work. Just keep it up, and you'll go far.

you can call me boomie :D

8 hours ago, 21Boomerangs said:

Since this is made out of system bricks, I think this has the best chance of becoming a Lego set of all the proposals floated so far. (But maybe doing the 2015 Toa would have a better chance of getting to the shelves?)

I also like your models, especially Kopaka. Pohatu looks a bit doglike and could use a bit more work on the mask. I suggest moving the outer portion of the mask back - remember that the Kakama is curved backwards - that should help. 

I really like the transparent orange tiles on Tahu's model. I like the transparent on Gali too, but am confused about the use of the black on the front of the mask. Perhaps a lighter blue would help? It looks black to me.

I'm confused about the canisters too - shouldn't they be bigger? There's no way that these Toa would fit in them.  

I seriously dig the Turaga model, though. Good work. Just keep it up, and you'll go far.

I hadn't thought of building the 2015 Toa. That's a pretty good idea! I'll get around to building them eventually, the way I've been designing.

I've tweaked Pohatu's mask a bit; hopefully he looks more like himself.

Pohatu.png.0b580e672f7cd3e54d6e1bbf230e2a78.png

The trans-orange on Tahu's model is supposed to represent lava, while the blue for Gali is water. I'm really glad to see you appreciate them. The "black" on Gali's Kaukau is a side-effect of using trans-blue bricks on top of other trans-blue bricks. I've revised her model to use trans-fluorescent light blue instead.Gali2.png.5f8812b454cd9d7171e647ea9fc51124.png

The Toa Canisters were a last-minute addition with my build. I felt that a full-scale canister was overdoing it, so I settled for a mini-build.

Currently I'm working on not only revising the Toa Mata, but finishing up the six Turaga and the 2001 Tohunga as well. Hopefully I'll have the final models done over the weekend and posted here next week. As always, thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

• Like 1