LEGO and Nintendo Finally Team Up

I feel like this partnership is about 35 years overdue, or at least 20, since that's when LEGO first really opened up the doors on licensing. Today is Mario Day (Mar10 - get it?) and LEGO posted this video on their Facebook page, apparently teasing a LEGO Super Mario theme. Not only is that awesome, it opens the doors for so many other potential themes - Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid, Splatoon, Star Fox - the list just goes on. I can't wait to learn more about this theme and see what they've dreamed up.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Valendale said:

Lego has really been supporting gamers lately. The fig in series 19, the 2020 Ninjago stuff, and now this. I'll wait to see what we get before making a final judgement, but I will say I hope we get some more traditional figs in addition to the blocky Mario.

Don’t forget Sonic the Hedgehog in 2016 for Lego Dimensions, Minecraft, Overwatch, and Prince of Persia in 2010 (well, the movie adaption).

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

19 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Don’t forget Sonic the Hedgehog in 2016 for Lego Dimensions, Minecraft, Overwatch, and Prince of Persia in 2010 (well, the movie adaption).

Besides Overwatch and I guess the most recent couple waves of Minecraft stuff, I wouldn't really count any of that as "lately". But I will say it's kinda funny that Sonic received an official Lego figure before Mario did. Says something about society, but i'm not sure what.

Well, they finally revealed it...and it sucks. Mario's just a giant electronic block, and the set's basically a board game with not much in the way of new parts. Not impressed. Just making Mario a generic electronic toy seems to defeat the whole point of Lego.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"