Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Master Inika

Anyone else remember those books/movies? My biggest memory is reading the original webcomic on Poptropica after school. I was in middle school at the time, so, ideal age demographic, and it captured the way it worked oddly well.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I read the original webcomic on a website called Funbrain or something like that when I was in elementary school.

I only got the first of the books when it came out, but I remember being very disappointed with it compared to the webcomic. Most of the content was left for later books and some names and such were changed. Looking back, I can understand that it's impossible to fit the whole story into a book that size, but kid me just felt like a bunch of stuff was "left out".

25 minutes ago, Valendale said:

I read the original webcomic on a website called Funbrain or something like that when I was in elementary school.

I only got the first of the books when it came out, but I remember being very disappointed with it compared to the webcomic. Most of the content was left for later books and some names and such were changed. Looking back, I can understand that it's impossible to fit the whole story into a book that size, but kid me just felt like a bunch of stuff was "left out".

Agreed. Nothing hit the highs of the original webcomic. Also, apparently FunBrain is owned by Poptropica. I just had to look that up. I remembered both names for some reason.

Imagine: Diary of a Matoran of Wimpiness

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Been reading them since the second book came out. Saw the first three movies and refuse to see the fourth. 21 years old and I still get the new book every year and read it within a day or two. While not perfect, they're enjoyable reads even today and I always look forward to seeing what Greg Heffley's up to next. If there's a fifteenth book coming out this year, I'll be getting that one for sure!

mindeth the cobwebs