Your Rotten Tomatoes Score for HF?

Lenny7092

Your Rotten Tomatoes Score for HF  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What it says here? How would you rate HF? For me, well, I’d say 70% because of the CCBS, the villains in 2010-2012, Stormer, Furno, Rocka, and Surge’s silly antics, and action scenes, which are the positives, but the negatives are that 2010 had non-bendable limbs for Heroes, absences of some heroes and villains at times, improper use of media, like the short number of TV episodes, the 2014 storyline, the unresolved stuff in the story, the fact that the scripts aren’t too great, and the cheapness of things, like animation errors and repeated animation models.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I voted below 50. For reference, on Rotten Tomatoes, MoL is 56%, LoMN and WoS are each 60%, and TLR is 53%. Those ratings are lower than I would put, but using them as a basis I can't justify rating HF in that ring.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 9:36 AM, Sir Keksalot said:

Rotten Tomatoes is absolute trash, so I'm not rating it at all. Film criticism shouldn't be boiled down to percentage ratings in the first place.

Well, Rotten Tomatoes is just an example of a film critic company. It’s just the title in my topic. There is Metacritic and etc. You can just say something like “On the scale of 1 to 10, it is what number”. I mean, how would you rate HF in your own way?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Looking back, my problem with Hero Factory was that it should have been a "build your own story" theme, but it was disguised as a spiritual successor to BIONICLE. The setting, lore, premise, etc. is open-ended enough for people to effectively create their own stories, complete with Heroes and villains that you can build yourself. Couple that with HERO Recon Team (R.I.P.; love the figure I bought off it), and there was a cool idea on the table. I think the problem lies in the fact that the lore became the primary focus. Hero Factory looked like it knew what it wanted to do, but didn't know how to do it. Something that helped BIONICLE along all those years was the lore, and Hero Factory's was so soulless and minuscule compared to it. The sets were cool, and that's it. I feel like there could have been a better way to push the "build your own story" envelope, but we didn't get to see that.

That's why I rated it below 50%. Great idea, forgettable execution.

Edited by Sybre
Forgot to answer the original question.

mindeth the cobwebs

On 3/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Well, Rotten Tomatoes is just an example of a film critic company. It’s just the title in my topic. There is Metacritic and etc. You can just say something like “On the scale of 1 to 10, it is what number”. I mean, how would you rate HF in your own way?

I would say what is strong and what is weak and leave it at that without giving numbers. Characters? Weak. Story? Weak. Writing? Weak. Action? Passable. Animation? Good. Acting? Passable. Score? Subpar. And so forth. It should be a matter of "does this work or does this not work, and why" rather than arbitrary numerical values.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, Lenny7092 said:

They're not even a film critic company.  They're an aggregate site that plucks a bunch of reviews from other critics' sites and boils them down to "Did you like it or dislike it?" for the sake of the percentage, which is ultimately just a glorified like/dislike ratio rather than an indicator of the movie's actual average score.

Edited by Makooti the Bionic Man
  • Like 1

mtmte.gif