What Lego themes do you want to bring back?

Lenny7092

How do you want your Lego themes to be brought back?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last decade, we encountered a lot of good themes that got wasted potentials by ending prematurely. No joke. It’s a cruel world that we live in. Of course, many fans do want their favorite themes, including, of course, Bionicle, to be brought back for the sake of their happiness. We, the Bionicle fans, want that, too. Anyway, for me, well, here are my themes that I want to come back and be either re-continued or rebooted: 

Re-continuation (like how Star Wars’ sequel trilogy, and Transformers: Age of Extinction and Bumblebee): 

1. Lego Dimensions - Needs to include more popular stuff, like Bionicle, Marvel, and Star Wars. I want a sequel or two. Plus, there’s a clone of Lord Vortech on the loose. 
2. Nexo Knights - That poor theme never had a fifth TV season based on its 2018 set wave, with the small green spider drones. Plus, a loose continuation would be nice, and I would like to see NK being one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms for its own sake. 
3. A sequel for The Lego Batman Movie (I would like to see Ra’s al Ghul and the Mad Hatter). 

4. A sequel for The Lego Ninjago Movie where Lord Garmadon gets cured and the Ninja fight more familiar villains, like the Overlord and Master Chen. 
5. Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers in 2010 - needs a sequel to see Clutch Powers and his gang capture other villains who escaped from prison. 
6. Lego City Undercover in 2013 - The game’s lovable. Needs a sequel. 

Rebooted (like The Amazing Spider-Man movies in 2012 and 2014): 

1. Slizers/Throwbots - it doesn’t have a real story. 

2. RoboRiders - Same as Slizers/Throwbots. 

Rebooted and re-continuation: 

1. Lego Atlantis, Lego Phaorah’s Quest, Lego Alien Conquest, Lego Power Miners, and Lego Dino Attack in 2012 - according to the Lego Atlantis website and a November 2011 Lego Magazine, they share the same universe, but they never had another magazine issue to continue it. Wasted. Better finish it and then reboot it with a TV show. 
2. Lego Monster Fighters and Lego Galaxy Squad - again, according to the November 2012 Lego Magazine, they share the same universe, but never continued. Better finish it and then reboot it with a TV show. 
3. Bionicle - obviously. First, re-continue the G1 story for 6-12 months to end it for our sake. Probably re-continue G2 for at least another year with a much more reasonable ending to keep us satisfied, too (and probably do a crossover of G1 and G2 to make things interesting). Then, a G3 with a much more reasonable story much more similar to and with much more faithfulness to G1 would be nice. A TV show similar to Ninjago and a cinematic universe (either 3-D animated or live-action with humans and planet Earth because I am wonder where were the Great Beings when their planet was destroyed) would be nice. 
4. Hero Factory - Pretty much the same as Bionicle. I mean, first, re-continue the story with a much more reasonable ending. Then, do a reasonable G2. A TV show that acts much more like a TV show, like Ninjago, rather than a bunch of specials, would be nice. I would also like Hero Factory to share the same universe with Bionicle because both of them are very familiar and I would like to know where were the Great Beings when their planet is destroyed, too. It could happen as long as Bionicle could sell well again, as I heard from a TTV conversation with Greg Farshtey in December 27, 2017. They would and could do a cinematic universe together as well to make things interesting. 
5. Exo-Force - It’s not my favorite theme, but I pity it for having a cliffhanger in its story, according to the comics, like how I pity Bionicle G1 for its cliffhanger problem. It’s best to do a loose re-continuation and then do a reboot. 

6. Mixels - A lot of characters are uneven to each other in many ways. It would be cool to re-continue the story for a year because Major Nixel is still on the loose. Then, do a reboot and a TV show similar to Ninjago or shorts with a much more reasonable story.

So, yeah. Everything that I mentioned needs to have a second chance. What themes do you want to bring back, and do you want to either re-continue or reboot them and how?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Of course Bionicle's return would be nice, but I would also like to see Chima come back. It had potential, which needs to be tapped instead of being left to die.

The theme could potentially undergo a soft reboot, which would focus on the world beyond Chima proper (which we saw at the end of the final episode). Many stories could be told in those lands, and focus may or may not be shifted back to the main "island" if need be.

Anyway, now you have my thoughts on this.

• Like 2
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I want a reboot of Lego Rock Raiders and a modernized version of that old game for it! I used to spend HOURS playing 3 games as a kid: Zoo Tycoon, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Lego Rock Raiders. But I had to stop plalying it in '06 cause that's when I got a computer too new/fancy to run that game :(

I'd also like a reboot of either the Adventurers and/or Lego Island (doesn't have to be Extreme Stunts, but yeah). Those were my favorite themes/games to play outside of the 3 aforementioned ones. I also did have a fair amount of the sets for both of these themes as well.

But yeah, I think these themes are timeless enough to do well even in today's Lego catalogue (and still strong enough to warrant more than just a gimmick app game).

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

A return to some of the old 90's Space themes would be cool. I miss the insane builds of the UFO and Insectoids lines, though the Whites, Blues, Blacks, and Trans Neon Greens of the Exploriens would be a welcomed return. I know I'm not the only one here that would love that.

Exo Force would be great too, maybe get Studio Mir to do a show for it in the vein of their updated Voltron series.

Edited by AZBlue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBlue said:

A return to some of the old 90's Space themes would be cool. I miss the insane builds of the UFO and Insectoids lines, though the Whites, Blues, Blacks, and Trans Neon Greens of the Exploriens would be a welcomed return. I know I'm not the only one here that would love that.

Dude! The Life on Mars UFO sets looked so freakin' cool! I totally forgot about those! They could honestly mix that concept and Rock Raiders and be successful! Yes!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

My own wish list:

• Bionicle (G1 or G2 continuation, G3... you know)
  • Classic Space
  • Western
  • Trains

Obviously there are hurdles to all of those, I think the ideas of Bionicle G3 have been debated enough there isn't really enough to hash about it... but the other two run into their own issues. Classic Space has got plenty of love from Lego Ideas and The Lego Movie films. But I don't know if it has enough appeal to run alongside Star Wars without competing internally with it. Western is a bit more of a tricky bundle to unravel, the original theme didn't exactly give the American Indians a realistic depiction; instead something more cartoony like the other 'natives' in other Lego themes of that era (Adventurers, Pirates, etc). But the Western genre has such a unique style, and the fact it keeps creeping into the Collectible Minifigures, Lego Movie series and even short lived licensed themes such as Lone Ranger give me hope someday we might see Fort Legorado again. 

Trains, we get a few new ones every few years with City. But I miss the days of a dedicated Trains theme. The early 9V era was neat, in that there were dozens of sets for different trains, railcars, industries, MOW equipment and so on. It was really diverse, and something we don't get in the current "stuff all our Train releases into a bi-annual dual pack for City" model. I hear rumors though the switch to all plastic wheels, removing the third party metal axle in the old train wheels, could be Lego setting it up so its cheaper to manufacture train sets. I hope we get more soon then. I would love to see a re-release or remake of a set such as the Emerald Knight or just a continuation of the Creator Expert trains. I am just trying to imagine the glory of a 4-8-8-4 Big Boy in Lego with the same detail as the Saturn V set got... 

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

i also wouldn't mind a return ov Rock Raiders, Island (Extreme or otherwise), and Ninja from the late 90's/early 2000's! gotta love the classics! :) 

but please don't bring back Galidor! i mean, the sets are kinda cool but mocing is borderline-impossible and the 2002 TV show sucked bollocks beyond the tenth degree! sorry but that's the truth! don't like it? tough! -_- 

2 hours ago, TheZOMBIEJ said:

i also wouldn't mind a return ov Rock Raiders, Island (Extreme or otherwise), and Ninja from the late 90's/early 2000's! gotta love the classics! :) 

but please don't bring back Galidor! i mean, the sets are kinda cool but mocing is borderline-impossible and the 2002 TV show sucked bollocks beyond the tenth degree! sorry but that's the truth! don't like it? tough! -_- 

No offense, but who likes Galidor? They look a little cool, to be honest, but they look kind of weird, so I am not thinking about bringing them back. I’m not a fan of them much, anyway. 

It’s a good thing that no one said Galidor, so you’re fine. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

4 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

No offense, but who likes Galidor? They look a little cool, to be honest, but they look kind of weird, so I am not thinking about bringing them back. I’m not a fan of them much, anyway. 

It’s a good thing that no one said Galidor, so you’re fine. :)

...oh yeah I totally forgot to mention Galidor! Bring that back right now!

(But actually, please don't...ever. Not even in the original magazines)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

17 hours ago, Evergrey: Toa of Music said:

Dude! The Life on Mars UFO sets looked so freakin' cool! I totally forgot about those! They could honestly mix that concept and Rock Raiders and be successful! Yes!

The Life on Mars sets were great, but the ones I'm referring to came out in 1997.6979_a1.jpg

They were a cross between Star Trek and Star Wars, with a good bit of retro Sci-Fi mixed in. The set in the picture was the largest set I owned until Vezon and Kardas in 2006.

Is the Galidor show available anywhere? I remember really enjoying it when it was on, and I'd love to relive it with nostalgia glasses on.

Edited by AZBlue

3 hours ago, AZBlue said:

The Life on Mars sets were great, but the ones I'm referring to came out in 1997.6979_a1.jpg

They were a cross between Star Trek and Star Wars, with a good bit of retro Sci-Fi mixed in. The set in the picture was the largest set I owned until Vezon and Kardas in 2006.

Is the Galidor show available anywhere? I remember really enjoying it when it was on, and I'd love to relive it with nostalgia glasses on.

dude! i think my uncle Gary had something similar to that! yes please bring Life On Mars back as well! 

also a remaster ov Lego Backlot would be a nice thing to happen! somebody fix Backlot, Remaster it and and let the nostalgia spread like the plague (lol)! :) 

I would like to see Lego introduce a theme I'd like to call "Throwback", which would take concepts and styles from older themes and have them built with more recent parts and building techniques. A good example of how that would work is something like how Benny's Spaceship from the Lego Movie theme was clearly meant to resemble the Classic Space sets, but is obviously a much more sophisticated build thanks to the wider range of available parts in recent years. Just try to imagine some of your favorite sets from the 80s and 90s, and put a modern twist on them. This would allow today's kids to have a chance to have sets that are similar to what their parents might have gotten back when they were kids.

• Like 3

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

16 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I would like to see Lego introduce a theme I'd like to call "Throwback", which would take concepts and styles from older themes and have them built with more recent parts and building techniques. A good example of how that would work is something like how Benny's Spaceship from the Lego Movie theme was clearly meant to resemble the Classic Space sets, but is obviously a much more sophisticated build thanks to the wider range of available parts in recent years. Just try to imagine some of your favorite sets from the 80s and 90s, and put a modern twist on them. This would allow today's kids to have a chance to have sets that are similar to what their parents might have gotten back when they were kids.

When LEGO did the last Space Police line the 5974 Galactic Enforcer in particular seemed very reminiscent of the Explorien's largest set, 6982 Explorien Starship. I've seen other sets where they've referenced older designs, but that one in particular seemed like a modern remake of one of my white whales.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 2:36 AM, Chronicler06 said:

I feel like this would be a great way of clearing out a lot of Lego Ideas requests that boil down to "Make another set from my childhood favorite theme pretty please". 

Jaller Inika looks like C-3PO and I hate it.