I'm Trying To Learn The Bionicle Story?

Well, i have been following the orignal main storyline, by reading comics and watching movies, playing with the toys, but...sometimes in fourms people are talking about things i havnt heard of in the bionicle universe storyline. I read the books some time ago, but dont remember them alot. So. what should i start of with. To start fresh from the storyline, should I read the bionicle chronicles first? Then Adventures, and then legends? Also what books come after the Legends books? And when should i start to read online stories, during the Mahri nui arc or something else? If this seems confusing, then just ask me. :) Edit: okay, that bs01 sector it is then, and ill read the books chronologically. Edit2: Also, can someone tell exactly how much I missed? I know that the toa mata landed on mata nui, colelcted amsks and defeated makuta, bohrak swarms came and they defeated them as well a gohdak and cahdok(or w/e their names are) and toa mata became toa nuva, bohrak kal came to revive their masters, toa nuva defeated them. Soon the mask of light arc happened, and takua became takanuva, defeated the rahkshi, and takanuva battled makuta, after victory the turaga told the bionicles of mata nui that they were toa before, the metru saga began, makuta disguised as dume defeated, toa metru to find mata nui, had some interference with Karzahni, and went back to metru nui, then the web of shadows arc began, they found keetangu and brought the matoran back by sacrificing their toa powers. then...yeah im not gonna write more right now, then the voya nui arc began, and mahri nui, then karda nui and awakening of mata nui, then glatoran saga, and final defeat of makuta. so yeah, I think i missed alot, cuz i dont know how the toa hagah came back to being toas and all, idk what happened to alot of bionicles too like if their dead or alive. but yeah.. Edit3:thanks guys, ill just start fresh with books then chronlogically like i said before, read the web serials and stuff like that probably during the mahri nui arc. Edit4: So you guys think bionicle ended because its story was complicated? I guess thats why, but still the sets couldve went at least. :( but for some reason i know it will come back one day.

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I'd recommend checking out the http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Saga_Guides

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

Based on your second edit, it seems like you got most of the 'main' storyline, i.e. the ones involving the sets, told via the Scholastic books, comics and movies. Most of what you missed (such as the de-mutation of the Hagah) are from what could tentatively be called 'supplemental' materials--mostly serials and the like from bioniclestory.com. Since that's actually colossal amount of information (roughly four years worth of serials), BS01 is definitely the war to go.

~ Renewal ~

The only books that came after the Legends are some Guide books, Raid on Vulcanus, and the Legend Reborn Novelization. Web serials, as everyone said, especially Destiny War, Reign of Shadows, and Journey's End.

Aswell, as Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna, and Makuta's Guide to the Universe. Both are pretty good, but general, reference books. But BS01 is still your best bet

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Well, when I started in '06, I was like 5 years behind, so all I did was read BS01, including the web serials. Then I read the books. Then I watched the movies. Oh, and I read Chronicles before I read anything else. Took me only like two days. But yah... it did get complicated every once and a while, but in my opinion, it was more interesting that way cuz you didn't just have to read the books to know the story.

It was all a lie. There's nothing wrong with you.

Nice of you to say. But you of all people should know:

there's plenty wrong with me.

If you have the time, I really would recommend reading the books over reading the saga guides on BS01.

The experience will be much more enjoyable and immersive this way.

I would go with this, the books are great at giving you more detail then the films or comics could ever bring. Plus they tell other in between events as well. TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Lol, no one, even Greg, could fully grasp the story of BIONICLE. Every year there were at least 6 new characters that must be put into the spotlight... besides different media (even by the same writer) shows the characters/unfolds the story in different ways. Also, in order to fill some plot holes, Greg sometimes goes back on his word... (Not that it is a bad thing, us fans are glad as long as the plot holes are filled :P) 10 years, man, 10 years. 10 years of putting numerous characters in and out of the spotlight, 10 years of plot holes, 10 years of Greg correcting what he said. The story undoubtly is confusing and complicated.....BS01 might be the most reliable way to follow the story as it strictly controls the canoncity of its contents. It must get everything confirmed from Greg even something is released officially....

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.