Bionicle in 19th century Earth

Alexander123

The year is 1865. Queen Victoria is ruler of England, which is at the time the most powerful country on Earth, The American Civil War is ending, the Matterhorn was first ascended, and Gregor Mendel formulated the concept of heredity. Also, all the islands of the Matoran Universe are placed in the Atlantic Ocean as  of one year before the 2004 story. How does 19th century Earth react to this arrival. Is there a boom in scientific knowledge, or is there a massive war that ignites the globe? Well what do you think.

well since you put them in the 19th century the time of the European powers not wanting to give up their empires, I say war happens as the European monarchy's try to colonize the MU islands for its tech and for more land. this is also about 6 years from the formation of the German Empire which supplanted England as the most powerful nation after defeating France who also had the most powerful army at the time. so I imagine German unification happening a lot quicker as the various German states realize they have a common enemy in the MU residents. I don't think contact stays peaceful for long since Europe was... less than tolerant to people that were not Protestant/Catholic/European. America is also reacts the same way as Europe I think as we were also not that tolerant to people that weren't Protestant or had European origins. that may be getting a little to real though. have you heard of spacebattles by chance?

though Africa might be spared from the colonization and oppression of the 1880s so that's good. history will change alright. I think the MU residents also do good here as there not so technologically out matched and this is still the time when armies would still use infantry charges and Calvary. forgive me if my comments break some rules here. 

Keep in mind America is still going through a civil war. I could see the confederacy trying to get MU powers to assist them as a last ditch effort to win the war. Also, the MU islands could turn the attention from the West and give the Native Americans a chance to better organize (like what Tecumseh wanted to do). What does Teridax and the Brotherhood do, their not inside Mata Nui anymore, which ruins their plan.

I don't think the MU islands (at least the Matoran and Toa) would help the south as I am pretty sure Slavery and racism are against the three virtues. The order of Mata Nui would also not want to interfere in Human affairs while fighting the brotherhood and dark hunters. the only ones that I think would consider helping the south would be the skaldi, the dark hunters and the Brotherhood. the west aside from America and Mexico really didn't care about the natives anymore since the Europeans were booted out of the New world. also like I said Europe was at war during this time as well so they really wouldn't care about the natives the natives are a non factor in your scenario. the Polynesian cultures probably rejoice though. If America is still fighting they probably wouldn't be able to do or interact much with the new islands. the Makuta probably alter their plan and try to take control of the world from the European Powers. This is getting a little to real world history for this forum though.  

Edited by Gzstg