LEGO Ideas 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay Press Release

21322_Pirates_of_Barracuda_Bay_Announce_
In addition to the usual product copy for the LEGO Ideas 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay, they also sent us a press release and some fancy images of it in the 'wild.' So I'm going to talk a little bit more about how awesome the set is. While it's certainly expensive at $200 in the US, the over 2500 pieces can build both an awesome shipwreck island and a full-fledged pirate ship that is clearly an homage to the classic Black Seas Barracuda. I can't get over how awesome that is and how that design choice took this from a set I was interested in to a must-buy. So let's go check out some more pictures of it and read the facts LEGO wants us to know about it.

View the full article

As a kid who was obsessed with pirates, I've always loved the LEGO Pirates line. In fact, I remember when I first came across the Barracuda as a kid. It was awe-inspiring. I purchased some of the later Pirates sets over the following years, but none of them seemed quite as awesome. I wrote it off as childhood nostalgia—after all, nothing is as cool as it was when you were a kid, right?

That's what I thought, but now I'm not so sure. This set really captures that same sense of wonder, especially with all the little details and play-ability. It looks incredible, and I love all the little touches that hearken back to those old Pirate sets of the 90s. I'm really tempted to splurge on it, even at that hefty price tag. There's no amount of money you can pay to recapture your childhood, but looking at this set kinda makes me feel like I'm six years old again.

• Like 2