Constraction in 2020

KingBoss

Continuing the Topic by Lenny. we... haven't seen Constraction in this year or the year Before, and we haven't seen any Parts being used in any of the New Sets. and while I like to keep Hopes up I... I feel like I can't, without Bionicle or Constraction I feel like I've become a Madman. and I have Grown to have a Extremely Ugly Unhealthy Mind Set. this is Truly a Cruel World, a Great Depression, a Dark Age...

(Anyways what do you guys think?)

• Upvote 1

Lego probably does want their old cash cow back; their behavior in 2016 suggests that they were pulling the plug to keep the brand from going under, just like with G1; they even said it was doing "average." Knowing this, and that pulling funding to un-end Ninjago likely contributed to G2's poor marketing, I imagine Lego would understand that the brand is not unviable, it simply didn't get a proper chance. Logic dictates that, while we can't know if they will, it'd be smart to try and bring it back; in fact, I recall there being an article from within Lego saying they'd like to try again.

If we assume that's what Lego plans to do, we have 2 possibilities: 1, Lego plans to scrap CCBS for a new, more versatile system to bring Bionicle back in earnest; 2, Lego has abandoned constraction and revive Bionicle as a System theme. While I'd like to have some good-old-fashioned constraction sets again, I'm also curious to see what Systemicle would be like.

• Like 3

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

14 hours ago, KingBoss said:

Continuing the Topic by Lenny. we... haven't seen Constraction in this year or the year Before, and we haven't seen any Parts being used in any of the New Sets. and while I like to keep Hopes up I... I feel like I can't, without Bionicle or Constraction I feel like I've become a Madman. and I have Grown to have a Extremely Ugly Unhealthy Mind Set. this is Truly a Cruel World, a Great Depression, a Dark Age...

(Anyways what do you guys think?)

I don’t know what topic of mine are you talking about, but I agree. It is unknown why Lego didn’t do constraction in 2019 or 2020, but constraction wasn’t doing too great in the 2010-2018. I think Lego was focusing on many other themes, some of them ended prematurely as well. Lego really needs to keep up its mind and give certain strong themes some quality, so we don’t have to see them being gone like withering plants. 

Of course, we do want constraction back, and obviously Bionicle. We always hope that it can come back in a much better way than in G2. Bionicle saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001, but ending it twice after it was famous and successful in 2001-2009 wasn’t fair. It was doing so well, but it happened. We believe that it has or had so much potential to do greater things, like a better video game, and a theatrical movie and/or a TV show similar to Ninjago. Many fans are complaining about Bionicle’s cancellations for years and years. 

Bionicle’s cancellations have really hit us all real hard. We fans love it so much that we are dedicated to keep it alive and want to support it. When Lego ended it twice, we are devastated. We are extremely depressed because Bionicle, and contraction in general, is the very big part of our hearts. I feel purposeless without it because building Bionicle sets and following the story are my hobbies whenever I am bored. How can we live with ourselves? I have no idea. We can’t be completely happy without Bionicle in our lives. :(  

I would agree with Kek said, but I’m more of a constraction person unless Lego would make brick-based action figures which are like Mixels and Nexo Knights’s mechs in 2017, but they’re people with actually bendable limbs. 

You guys don’t think that Bionicle looks bad or washed up because of G2, do you? Good thing that Kek said that Lego could possible bring Bionicle back. You know, you can’t get rid of a successful thing easily. I mean, Batman is DC Comics’ mascot, Marvel has Spider-Man, Hasbro has Transformers, Sega has Sonic the Hedgehog, and Calvin has Mega Man, so Bionicle is Lego’s mascot for constraction. Popularity would make Bionicle worthy of coming back, as at least I believe.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

27 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

constraction wasn’t doing too great in the 2010-2018

This is a myth AFAIK. HF apparently did fine-ish, and like I said, Lego made the rare confirmation that G2 was actually on par with the average theme.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I'm not confident Bionicle will come back before at least 2025, as I don't think the property would be as valuable as it could be until the original fans (people around 7 in 2001) are old enough to have kids in the proper age demo and as such could buy Bionicle as a nostalgia product to share with their kids. This is going off the launch of Transformers and the 2007 Michael Bay movie. If they do that, my bet is it'll be a constraction line based on Bionicle 2001.

Jaller Inika looks like C-3PO and I hate it.