Metru Nui Matoran to Mata Nui Turaga

I can't believe this never occurred to me before, but here it is.

The Toa Metru, who of course became the Turaga of Mata Nui, used to be Matoran. This means that they were friends with other Matoran.

MATORAN WHO WOULD FORGET ALL ABOUT THEM!

Like I was just reading about Onepu and how he worked with Whenua in the Archives and was friends with him. And then he serves him on Mata Nui. This is the true tragedy of the BIONICLE.

Spoiler

I'm trying to bring BIONICLE on the big screen.

the Kohrakazi project.

The Legend Retold

Well, it’s because that Makuta Teridax put the pre-Turaga’s friends in Matoran Spheres, where their memories are wiped out. In Mata Nui, the Turaga never told anyone anything before Takanuva fought Teridax because Metru Nui was a dangerous and ruined place. I know it’s sad, but the Turaga were trying to protect them. Turaga could have made their Metru Nui friends as their right hand Matoran and left hand Matoran.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

20 hours ago, balljoint dog said:

It was probably even weirder for, say, Vhisola to be told how she felt about Nokama in a past lifetime. The memory wipe situation is truly fertile ground for angsty fanfic.

You know, I actually started writing a short story based on that very concept a bit ago, when I wanted to get back into practice at writing Bionicle stuff before the 2018 fanfic exchange. Never finished it, though... maybe I should pick that up again, now that I think of it.

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."