I recently read the first Bionicle books and began thinking the final form of Tahu provided by Lego did not do him justice, so I made one that I thought did a better job, Golden armor and all. I also wanted to keep it in a way that would still be affordable and fit Lego's recent building system.CIMG0322.jpgCIMG0323.jpgCIMG0324.jpgCIMG0325.jpgHero Factory recruited the Toa!CIMG0326.jpgCIMG0327.jpgC&C welcome :)I recently bought Raw Jaw, so I may be making another version soon ;)

zero_x4c.gif

"A high-minded man must care more for the truth than for what people think"

- Aristotle

A nice canister-sized redux of Tahu. It's easily imaginable as a set.I would like to address an issue of color. I'm not really digging the fact that he's got red on his lower half and gold on the upper. I'd try for a gold-on-red-on-black color layering. It'd be a lot more Tahu-like.I also feel like something is missing on the lower torso. Tahu shouldn't be wearing a corset - beef him up! (I like the part usage for the chest, however. That part's stocky-looking.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

A nice canister-sized redux of Tahu. It's easily imaginable as a set.I would like to address an issue of color. I'm not really digging the fact that he's got red on his lower half and gold on the upper. I'd try for a gold-on-red-on-black color layering. It'd be a lot more Tahu-like.I also feel like something is missing on the lower torso. Tahu shouldn't be wearing a corset - beef him up! (I like the part usage for the chest, however. That part's stocky-looking.)

The gold coloring is due to him having the Golden Armor (which I assume he still has on?). I agree about the lower torso lacking something, and I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix it! (I was stumped with the pieces I have)

Wow! That is some design! But there's too much black. Overall, that's impressive! Try making the other Toa Mata!

I need some colored limb pieces if it is to be less black, and I've yet to get any :/ Stores around here have the newest sets (Though the Lego store only had Furno left and tbh I abhor the set >_>. <3 Breez though!) so I may be changing that soon. I'd love to make a Lewa, but he'd be light green colored :/

zero_x4c.gif

- Aristotle

I like it I have been wanting to make an HF Tahu for some time, but I judt don't know what to use for the head. I dont have any mastks that will work and I don't want to get of off of Bricklink... I'm worknig on a Bohatu and Kopaka, I just need some armor and heads.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I agree completely with Sumiki, though I really like the custom hilt for the sword. And boy does Rocka's lionhead look good as a hand! Well done, if it weren't for the uneven color scheme.Oh and one more thing: you should probably try to improve your photography a bit, since sometimes even the best of MOCs looks horrible under unsuitable lighting and poor picture quality. :tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks for the critique! I added more armor to the torso and some more red as per advised and I must say he looks pretty cool. I'll get some pics up when I can, as well as an update to the Biyera moc too.

zero_x4c.gif

- Aristotle