Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

Unreliable Narrator

Oh, jeez, there really was a TPK option.

I honestly thought you were kidding about that.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Quick question, but where would be a good place to put Rek right now? I don't want to butt her in where she's not wanted; but since she's a mercenary for hire she doesn't strictly belong in any of the camps, so I'm not quite sure where that leaves for her! ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

2 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Quick question, but where would be a good place to put Rek right now? I don't want to butt her in where she's not wanted; but since she's a mercenary for hire she doesn't strictly belong in any of the camps, so I'm not quite sure where that leaves for her! ^^

Arkius is setting up a crusade to chase after a Skakdi marauder if you'd like to join us.

• Like 1

@Biological Chronicler I considered that; but it's also what I've planned to do with Varxii in her part of the post, so I thought it wouldn't be great to have both my characters depending on others approaching them, rather than taking the initiative myself with one of them. Thanks, though! ^^

@Dane - I'm not sure Rek would be welcome there; she's one of the local Skakdi herself, so I suspect no-one around Metru-Koro would be happy to see her! Though I mean, I might have her just pass through the nearby area; if anyone wants to mistake her for one of the marauders in question and come after her, I'd be up for seeing where that might lead ^^

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

GM Note:

Hi everyone! Welcome to week two of SKR. We made 12 pages in seven days last week, and no I will not be attempting to bullet list this game if we keep that pace, and yes I am utterly astounded. As always, you the community continue to blow me away with the love you all share for not only Bionicle but this story and setting. I will write a faction based synopsis of events for each week! If the GMs create a weekly event I’ll make sure to include it in these weekly write ups. Consider this the “wow you wrote so much I have to change my approach” compliment. To get more details on information, reach out to fellow players or search the game thread by character name.

Not only did we have an unprecedented amount of gameplay, we had a large growth in our player base. I want to take this moment to say thank you to all the returning players and welcome to all the new. In this time of “no talk me I social disty” this community has grown and I think we’re all better for it. Speaking of growth…

For those who want to participate in SKR’s Discord scene, follow this link. We made the jump from a shared Discord server to a dedicated Discord server last week at the request of the other server’s staff. I think this is a good sign of our growth as a community. Please remember to have at least one active character approved in game before joining the Discord server.  What this does mean is I am personally having a growth spurt learning all the ins and outs of Discord server management, so I hope you will please bear with me as I made the inevitable mistakes.

I want to take a moment and talk about the amazing amount of characters (73!) we have in this game. So many of you have made some really interesting stuff, and in the past week I've done many customization approvals. Moving forward, I ask everyone to please try making their characters with the tools already on hand. The toolbox is vast and complicated, and I know many players are all too happy to help navigate the hyperlink rabbit hole of "bzprpg custom species". If you absolutely cannot make your character concept work with what's on hand already I will talk about custom stuff, but I'll want to see what you tried with what's available first. 

You’ve been wonderful. I’ll stop being sappy now, but thank you for being such an awesome community.

Happy Chat,

UN

Weekly Summary for 04/01/2020 to 04/06/2020:

The Zakazian warbands adjust to life and seek information after the western side of their island is decimated by a gargantuan skull from space. Initial contact between the Zakazian warbands and the refugees/barraki proves violent.

The Aspects of Makuta begin to seek answers regarding the new arrivals, plotting and scheming as always.

The refugees of Metru-Nui set up two new villages in the first week on their new island home: Po-Koro and Metru-Koro. Turaga Jovan leads Po-Koro, Turaga Sans leads Metru-Koro. Po-Koro is further to the North on the rocky foothills near the desert wastes while Metru-Koro is a stone’s throw away from the crashed skull of their dead god with only a toxic lake of mutagenic silver liquid and a few hours of walking through scrub brush between them. Many refugees make new friends, find old friends, and generally attempt to deal with the trauma of starting over. Turaga Sans appoints Waveahk responsible for a scouting mission to the South where Stannis reports dark entities live in secret.

The Barraki Pridak and Ehlek place a bounty on Takadox. The crew of the Ripple begins to reassemble as they head out on a diplomatic mission to Metru-Koro. The Archives hold dangerous wild rahi and a cantankerous locked door who speaks in emojis. Pridak questions his judgement, and Ehlek holes himself up in his workshops and new biological laboratories.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
hyperlinks
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

List of approved races so far.

Named:

Matoran(Canon): Passive abilties related to their elemental affiliation

Toa(Canon):One element, one mask power

Turaga(Canon): One diminshed elemental power, one noble mask power

Skakdi(Canon):One vision power, one 'other' power. One elemental power, can only be used with a tool in in conjunction with another skakdi

Skakdi-Xa(SKR Original):One Vision power, one Level 2 kraata power

Vortixx(Canon): Innate technical aptitude, superior strength. Can use kanohi

Aspects of Makuta(SKR Original): Elemental Shadow, one kraata power

Steltians(Canon): Superior strength. Flight for lower class, one mask power for upper class

Vahki(Canon): Stun staffs, disk launchers, flight

Fohrok(Canon): Elemental powers

Hordika(Canon): One elemental, one rhotouka

Titans(Canon): Superior strength, any other powers

Tiohaka(BZRPG): Alternative elemental  powers

Eakai(Fan-made):Void powers

Kekamaire(Fan-made): Alternative elemental powers

Lesterin(BZRPG): Limited elemental powers, can use kanohi

Zyglak(Canon): Elemental resistance

Valkyr(BZRPG):Flight, enhanced physical abilites, enchanced senses.

Krahka(Canon): Shapeshifting

Krahli(Canon): Stasis bubbles

Vahki(Canon):Stun Staffs, kanoka powers

Unamed species from canon:

Takadox's Breed:Hypnosis, can use kanohi

Carapar's Breed:Natural armor, superior strength

Mantax's Breed: Can use kanohi

Shadow One's Breed: Can use kanohi

Keetongu's Breed: Can perfectly distinguish between good and evil

Let me know if I missed anything!

Edit: vahki and krahla added as per @Harvali's suggestion/

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 2

@Conway Wanted to check before I did anything- did you have any sort of interaction between Irna and Kei planned? Inonly ask because it sounds like the others are preparing to move out & I don't know if I'm holding anybody up.

Sorry, still new to this and very anxious.

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

@Biological Chronicler there is a Kralhi and a Vahki in the cast too.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

GM Community Note:

Hi everyone! We've had a new player join us, @Sparticus147! Also welcome back to @Crimson Jester, it's nice to see Korruhn in the profiles page. I just want to to take a moment to communicate a couple of things. First, Veef and I are working on expanding the descriptions of playable locations and regions. I got the Fau Swamp up the other day, and I'll have the next region up ASAP. The goal is to have each region fully expanded by the end of this week, but that's not a hard deadline more of a "this should be done soon(tm)." There is also a hex map available in the first post of the IC topic. I hope it helps. The second thing is I want to be upfront on my reduced communication or involvement in the past week and the foreseeable future. With the current situation regarding COVID-19 I'm needing to make sure other aspects of my personal life get the attention they deserve. That said, I am still here and will be doing my best to stay up to date and respond to things in a timely manner. You are a great comm and you all bring me lots of joy. 

Alright, that's all from me this week. Play on!

Summary Week 4/6/2020 - 4/12/2020

The Aspects and Zakazians continue to search for answers and information about the new arrivals. Yumiwak and her posse interrogate McGrokk in his own home for further information. The Boss leads his warskaks from Fort Nektann on a raid.

Waveahk assembles a team of adventurers to explore the Fau Swamps, but Stannis warns him of the dangers he encountered there during a short excursion after their arrival on Zakaz one week prior. An unexpected party formed due to the efforts of Kanohi and Pardehi to find a missing matoran attacked by the gangster Amaru between Po-Koro and Metru-Koro. Sidra makes progress in solving a suva temple puzzle. Providence and Vent discover both a new friend and a strange region of underground tunnels to the North of Metru-Koro as night falls.

The diplomatic mission spearheaded by Zaliyah leaves Metru-Nui and arrives at the outskirts of Metru-Koro. After a tense moment of radio communications between Knichou on the Taku and Tugarak on the Ripple, Zaliyah and Ostrox disembarked to begin discussing terms with the refugee community. NU-8020S makes new companions and continues searching for the wanted Barraki Takadox.

Zakaz Hexmap Daily Hex.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy chat.

Thanks buddy, glad to be back! I dig the map, and I'm plenty ready to start work rearranging it.

Last mention I saw, Korruhn was out wandering outside Metru Koro. Can anyone confirm that? And is there anyone open for interaction right now?

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

:/ guys I specifically said in the discord not to start a major battle while I was asleep. And then right away, what do you do?

I’m joking. Still, rip Po-Koro, here’s hoping some folks manage to escape. Maybe they can hid in the van that’s coming to save them. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Hey everyone! As excited as this fight is I can already see where things are heading and so will be implementing a new temporary Initiative rule for this fight so that everyone gets a chance to post and get in on the action at the appropriate time. Any characters not interested in joining the fight in Po-Koro are exempt from this Initiative rule. 

Please wait for 1 post from a GM as Nektann (Boss) before continuing with a PC locally in Po-Koro. If you are about to introduce a new character into Po-Koro for the fight, you are welcome to make a single introductory post. 

Please wait for 2 posts from a GM as Nektann (Boss) before having a character arrive from Metru-Koro.

Initiative has been rolled. Please do not double post, and give others a chance to reply to your characters. 

• Like 3

Happy chat.

@Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Onaku what do you want the Odd Company to do? We might be able to see the smoke signals, but then the exploring would be delayed if we choose to head to Po-Kori. On the other hand, we could easily say it’s too cloudy where we are to see it. It’s up to you, Collector is just tagging along. 

I feel like at this point there's gonna be a lot going on with Po-Koro, and that we should just timeskip the Odd Company to be further along/where they were going since I'm pretty sure last time a member posted we were still just walking to the gates of Metru-Koro.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Sounds good. Before we go, anyone in the party need to react to Collector’s horrible attempt to comfort Zadred?

Project "Grand Wish" is now live! Please read the new and improved Desecration system, the Taboo system, the Grand Wish system, the currently unlocking Kanohi Crafting system, and  a few rules amendments. Those who already play an Aspect: I look forward to working with you on creating your character's Grand Wish.

As always, your feedback on game rules is appreciated!

With love,

UN and Veef

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Um, hey.

Just a heads-up that I might end up dropping out of this game. I'm really enjoying it and everything, I promise; but it's just currently moving at such a great pace that I'm afraid I simply can't keep up xD; I know in the first game I was often the one to hold up people I was interacting with, not deliberately but just because I'm really not fast at this, and I don't think it's fair for me to continue doing that to everyone here. It just might be best for everyone if I sit this one out, rather than continuing to slow other people down?

I'm not fully decided; but I thought I should give a bit of prior warning that I might, instead of just disappearing randomly.

In either case, a huge sorry to those who I'm already holding up! ^^;

• Like 4

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I think part of my difficulty is the time it takes me to stay consistently caught up on everything in the thread; by the time I've read it all for one day, I've run out of time to make a reply... and by the next day, there's the same amount again to get through before I'm caught up xD;

I suppose I don't technically need to read everything in the thread in order to reply, just the parts that are relevant to my characters? But at the same time, I don't want to miss anything important... but maybe I'll try and learn to skim-read instead, then I possibly won't have to take in so much all in one go ^^ I'll give that a try, then, before I decide for certain.

Thanks for the suggestion as well; I'll definitely see about doing that :D

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

15 minutes ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I suppose I don't technically need to read everything in the thread in order to reply, just the parts that are relevant to my characters? But at the same time, I don't want to miss anything important... but maybe I'll try and learn to skim-read instead, then I possibly won't have to take in so much all in one go ^^ I'll give that a try, then, before I decide for certain.

I would not be able to post ever if I was keeping up with everything in the thread - I barely know half of the side plots from SKE still, I only paid attention to stuff relating to my characters.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I think it certainly helps to have some idea of what's going on outside your characters so you get the full picture and don't tunnel vision, but yeah if I tried reading everything that gets posted, it'd be impossible for me to keep up with writing. I follow what's relevant to my characters and usually skim everything else so I understand what's going on in the game world in general. 

I also have a habit of writing truncated replies for when anything longer would just be fluff to keep the posting flow going. Some times, it's better to just get a post out so things can move from point A to point B.

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

For those of you not on the discord, the map has been updated. We now know roughly where Po-Koro and Metru-Koro are, along with the Riggers and Nektann’s Fort, and the traditional point of Desecration. 

I believe we will still need Le-Metru Nuva and Mar-Koro marked, but still, hopefully this will keep us vaguely aware of where most things are. For reference, I believe the Boss said to expect about a day’s worth of walking between hexes, so Po-Koro is about a day and a half from Metru-Koro if you walk there directly. Obviously the time zones are weird, don’t strain yourself too much over them, but it’s just a guideline.

Also sweet gosh Po-Koro is close to the Riggers. And man Nektann drove a long way to reach Po-Koro. Guess it was mostly flat country though. 

426C3CE6-A066-4BE2-A682-533C34CE37EF.thumb.jpeg.875c75361c33dbc4ce9946b1dfae7fc4.jpeg

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

To the people of Metru-Koro

"You have two days."

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 hour ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I think part of my difficulty is the time it takes me to stay consistently caught up on everything in the thread; by the time I've read it all for one day, I've run out of time to make a reply... and by the next day, there's the same amount again to get through before I'm caught up xD;

I definitely don't read everything! Anything that doesn't directly involve my characters, I skim. As much as I'd love to linger over every lovely word that everyone else posts, there's simply not enough time.

Another option (I'm revealing a trade secret here!) would be to just join the discord and ask people for a recap of whatever's happened that day. That way other people can do all that catching-up for you. :smeag:

• Like 2

@Nato the Traveler @ultimoscorp Um so, on the topic of not reading every post, I missed that Legion and Whisper were in Po-Koro. Would either of you want me to post reactions from the refugees?

Congrats @Nato the Traveler on unlocking the Suva.