Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

Unreliable Narrator

Letter From The GM:

Big week. We had so much happen. We went from page 19 to 33. We had a raid on Po-Koro (thanks @Harvali for being a champ in that), we had the show of force from Sans and the ultimatum from Zaliyah, we had several exploratory parties finding new things throughout the known world, and we even (today) had a suva opened by @Nato the Traveler with his character Sidra. See below for the rules on Suvas. They will of course be added into the Character Creation and Rules post, but they're here too to make it easy in the moment. I'm stoked for where we're going next. One of the biggest things I'm always conscious of is how we all make the story together. Our characters actions, and the larger effects they have on other players, are often imperceptible in the moment, but the impact is felt months later. This was a big week for the plot of SKR, and I'm excited to see what's coming in the next week. :D

~U.N.

Suva:

A registered user of a suva may withdraw an item from a suva using their mind by depositing an equivalent item (mask for mask, etc.) from their person in a suva while within a suva’s regional range. A registered user is aware of the contents within the suva at all times. More than one user may be registered with a suva. A user may be registered with only a single suva, and it should be noted on their character profile. Registering with a different suva temple ends any ongoing suva registrations elsewhere.

Last Week Summary:

• Several groups of refugees began to explore the Western side of Zakaz. The newly reassembled Odd Company set out North shortly after the speedy bois Vent and Providence. Both groups discovered broken mountains flattened by the force of the Great Spirit Skull’s crash. The Speed Bros™ went below ground and encountered a suit of sentient exo-toa armor and a deranged Mesi who worshipped the armor as an Aspect. Odd Company stayed above ground heading further North, discovering a ruined fort hanging over the toxic lake. 
  • Waveahk and his team continued South, playing I Spy on the way and stopping at the edge of the Fau Swamps.
  • Gnabol and Mazor continued to follow the trail of rain from the Aqua Sphere, stumbling upon a skakdi camp caught in the rain storm’s path with six skaklets, seven adult sized bedrolls, and no parents to be seen.
  • Xane and Enra fled the Nightmare Pools, choosing to keep their lives intact rather than sate their curiosity.
  • The village of Po-Koro was raided by Boss and his warskaks from the deserts. Po-Koro suffered moderate losses, but the warskaks quickly retreated after Boss saw the approaching Taku piloted by Knichou. Now, Po-Koro must recover from the violence of having lost several loved members of their community, Vakama notable among them. In the mountains nearby the matoran Kanohi led several volunteers on a desperate, and successful, rescue mission to find an injured matoran.
  • The parlay delegation from the League to Metru-Koro requested Sans give them the Mask of Creation in order to begin peace talks. Sans denied their request, threatening Zaliyah personal injury if she were to return to Metru-Koro. Angered and ashamed, Zaliyah was talked down by the rest of the delegation from bombing the town. Instead, she gave a new ultimatum: deliver the Mask of Creation to Barraki Pridak in Metru-Nui in the next two days… Or Die.
  • Speaking of the League, NU-8020S continued hot on the trail of the missing Barraki Takadox, following the footprints and linger smoke into a desert canyon.
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

Just for the record, if anyone in Metru-Koro is looking for interactions, Rek's sort of... passing through there. She doesn't mean harm to anyone yet; but as a Wasteland Skakdi she's likely to draw some unfriendly attention, and I'm up for wherever that leads ^^

If not, I'll just have her arrive at Sans' hut with her 'offer' in a page or so's time; but I wanted to put out that the opportunity was there if anyone wants to take it :D (Her post is near the top of page 33 ^^)

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hey all, I just went through and updated the Approved Character list on the first post of Characters and Rules, and I also updated the Spreadsheet. Funny bit of trivia: we have 30 players and 90 approved characters.

EDIT:

In the time it took me to update the list @Mr. House joined SKR and added two new characters! Welcome back Mr. House. Our new trivia total is 31 players and 92 approved characters. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
updated
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

• 2 weeks later...

GM Note:

Last week @The UltimoScorp started a Halo text-based RPG in OTC. If you like Halo, check it Halo Excursion! It looks to be a fun adventure with all the classic Halo trappings. 

We broke 50 pages in May for SKR, and generated almost two pages per day during the month of April. With five more months to go, I can only imagine what adventures await. It’s been awesome to read all of the stories you are creating! 

I know the region expansions haven’t come out beyond the Fau Swamp, and I apologize for the delay. I will put no time estimate on them, but I will say I am going to get them posted as soon as I can.

Please not the game summaries are not in the usual faction-based order I like to do. I’ve been rather pressed for time. If I have a moment in the future I will come back and edit them a bit more neatly. Thanks for understanding. :)

~UN

Game Summary 04/20/2020 - 04/26/2020

• A new challenger approaches! Knichou and Nale shared a moment of intimacy aboard the Taku as they talked about their shared traumas and their perspectives in the wake of the fall of Metru-Nui. Behold, the newest ship to set sail: Knale. Will Knale overthrow Narkius? Only time will tell!
  • The Aspect Ulkarr desecrated the matoran Bode. The weeds Bode sprouted became food for the mahi goats in the village, even as Bode himself became ostracised. 
  • The Aspect Whisper desecrated Taja using the toa’s own heartlight. What resulted was something no one could have expected: a toa of shadow. In the aftermath of the experiment, many converged on the alley and brought Taja and Whisper to the Taku to discuss what occurred.
  • Po-Koro attempted to build new defenses in the wake of the warskak raid, adding large metal caltrops around the walls, constructing a radio tower to one day communicate with Metru-Koro, and even considering moving underground.
  • Sidra unlocked the suva in the Ice Temple. Inside she discovered a mask of X-Ray vision, made by a Forgemaster Dume, and a sword capable of limited control over the element of ice.
  • Mega, Yaushe, and Zsann arrived at Mega’s garage in the wastes only to find the place claimed by Boss and his warskak gang. After a brief attempt at regaining control, Mega left with nothing but an oil can. After Mega departed, Barius presented Boss with his broken ACR. Boss rewarded Barius with asking a question of Miserix.
  • The Cargo Hauler expedition encountered Giruga, the gargantuan manas crab, upon entering the Fau Swamp’s northern bogs. After an intense skirmish, Keitara unleashed a deadly radiation attack in a last ditch attempt to survive. Giruga retreated in pain to die, and the rest of the Cargo Hauler expedition began suffering from Acute Radiation Sickness (ARS) as they drove back to Metru-Koro.

Game Summary 04/27/2020 - 05/03/2020

• The Taku crew and assembled adventurers continued to discuss what Whisper did. Stannis finally broke his silence, and began a debate with Whisper. Taja, finally feeling well enough to stand, joined the debate on the bridge of the airship.
  • The Aspect Tuakana desecrated the vindictive toa Fahl.
  • At the newly claimed Warskak Garage, Barius fought and brutally murdered his hostage, Reson, in one on one combat. The Aspect Parnassus desecrated Barius. Boss fixed his ACR, the E Street Wagon, and the warskaks prepared to head for Irnakk’s Tooth.
  • The Tactical Panda II flew once more as Yumiwak and her loving crew took off for business and pleasure.
  • Enra, Xane, and their new friend Rangi found the Ruins of Fire deep within the Dead Forest.
  • In the tunnels of the Mesi under Zakaz, Providence, Vent, Varian, Zak-Yak, and Rufus engaged upon the Mesi shaman and his tribe to try and save the life of a tall blue figure. Unknown to them, the blue man was Takadox formerly of the Barraki. NU-8020S and her companions the Mahryo Bros. found their trail of clues led to the same cavern and joined the fray in an attempt to capture Takadox.
  • Gnabol and Mazor found the final skaklet poking at the corpse of the gargantuan manas crab Giruga.
  • Ostrox and Zaliyah returned to Metru-Nui and sought an audience with Pridak. Zaliyah shared what Turaga Sans said, but didn’t mention the ultimatum she gave.

I'd love to start something new! On Mondays, after the game summary is up, I'd love to hear all your favorite moments and scenes from the past week!

• Like 3

Happy chat.

My favorite moment had to be when Sorilax finally left the Fau Swamp. Wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen. I thought he would be stuck there wandering around aimlessly for 5 months and eventually run into Yoda. The pair would muse and ruminate with each other so vaguely and mysteriously that everyone would get too confused and stop reading the posts, even me.

But for real, it's a hard tie between Ardoku waking up, Tuakana's Desecration, and Uraborask's adventures.

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

I enjoyed the moment with Barius and the general tension that happened at Mega's Scrapyard. Also the desecrations and everyone's unique interpretation of the ritual is really fun to read. Also thanks, Kal for liking Uraborask and his hijinks.

Also, Ardoku's intro was really strong and well made, keep it up.

• Like 3

Hey! My first top of a new page! Alright.

Here's my single question:

Spoiler

What in the world is going on with SK:R? Like, every time I think I know something, nope the Matoran actually are racist. Nope, there were no Makuta but all the bad stuff they were going to do (in the future after the League War) took place before the war (i.e. Skakdi). There is a Red Star but nope no souls are you silly? Are there even Great Beings? Is below Mata-Nui's neck even humanoid?

How are there Skaklets if this is Bionicle? Whats creating all the life? How can there be any new beings or Rahi? Do they just show up out of nowhere? Surely someone would notice if a new Vortixx or Skakdi popped up from nothingness fully formed.

Where's Teridax please don't I want to live forget I asked. What's the extent of powers that you can have? What is the extent of mental control? Is there even a canon answer to that? Can you create several walls of your element while also attacking with it or just make and sustain one thing at a time?

Is there even a moral Balance of Light like in canon (It's mentioned with the Makuta (being made with less Light than other beings) and I'm also pulling from the draining of inner Light and its effects as mentioned in the BS01 page on elemental Light)?

Basically, how (in as great of detail as possible) does SK:R deviate from canon? Is there some type of list I can reference? Because it feels like everyone from last game knows this stuff.

Yes I'm joking around. The questions are legitimate, but I don't expect anyone to answer them. I can just roll with things as they come up no problem. I just wish I didn't feel dumb when stuff is different from canon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

How are there Skaklets if this is Bionicle? Whats creating all the life? How can there be any new beings or Rahi? Do they just show up out of nowhere? Surely someone would notice if a new Vortixx or Skakdi popped up from nothingness fully formed.

Given that characters are played as bit more human-like in these games, one can generally assume that some manner of biological reproduction is taking place.

Save yourself some pain and don't think too hard about it works. 

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Humans? In YOUR Bionicle RPG? It's more likely than you think.

I don't mind any humanization, since we are humans and hence think of everything through that lens, but I like thinking of my characters as a cross between the sets and the movie characters. The least biological you can get while still being slightly "bio".

When someone mentions skin or family or Mata-Nui forbid, eating with your mouth, I'm sorry but you are FACTUALLY wrong and I'm not listening la la la. :P

As much as babies blow my canon mind, I can't get over how much I love the term "Skaklet". An absolute genius came up with that one. Greg is probably looking down on us and smiling contentedly with pride.

i'm not sure i'd call myself an "absolute genius" by any stretch of the imagination but i appreciate immensely everyone latching onto "skaklet" as a term.

its a dumb and stupid thing but it feels like i made some sort of a contribution in addition to erratic and poorly written characters.

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 3

Just a heads up. Personal stuff going on means I'm not going to be able to post as my characters in this game for maybe a week. Everyone related to them has full permission to bunny them wherever (none of them are going anywhere important particularly).

This may well extend further depending on how things go.

Mega's group in particular I encourage to find other things to do in Metru-Koro whilst I'm gone. I don't want to break the flow.

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 2

Um... WOW I fell out of this and totally lost the plot, didn't I? I'm really sorry; I've just been busy with other things (not Bionicle-related, but a comic I'm working on, mostly), and kept putting off checking in here until, um... I am way, WAY behind now xD;;

I've looked over the game summary for the last couple of weeks, so I might just skip ahead to the present, IC time, and see if I can stay on top of things better now. Has anything significant involved my characters while I've been preoccupied, though?

• Like 2

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Le real life has finally opened up for me.  The League is gonna have a bad time huhuhuhuhu

• Like 4

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

GM Notes:

First off, welcome @Toa Fanixe to SKR! Also welcome back @Azibo, nice to see you jumping back in. :) 

The past week has been a bit quieter, which is great. I think we're all getting a chance to pause and think about the next course of action for many characters. A couple puzzle ruins have already been started, and a few more look like they've on the way to beginning as well. 

Not too much to report from this side of the game. Vezok's Friend and myself have been busy working on future content. Keep an eye out for the next Google Form survey sometime this month. ;) 

Ciao,

UN

Weekly Summary 05/03/2020-05/10/2020:

• Ruins of Fire began.
  • Ruins of Ice began.
  • League soldiers visited Ehlek to prepare for the decimation of Metru-Koro.
  • The fight in the caverns of the Mesi over Takadox continued. NU-8020S and her vahki attempted to stop the group of refugees from getting away with the traitorous barraki, but their attention became divided dealing with the hundreds of Mesi.
  • The Cargo Hauler sent out by Metru-Koro returned worse for wear. Pardehi began healing the victims as best he could, but it was the arrival of Sorilax that truly spared the lives of the irradiated adventurers.
  • Odd Company deliberated on how to bury the corpses they found at the ruined fortress.
  • The council of judgement on the Taku finally ended. Stannis left to speak with Kanohi, Whisper remained a passenger, and the others went back to their respective tasks. The Taku then left Po-Koro for Metru-Koro.
  • Po-Koro experienced political turmoil and Stannis told Kanohi he should become leader of the village.
  • Nektann’s Warskaks encountered the great sandworm Shagrak on their drive to Irnakk’s Tooth.
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

Since it may come up in the near future...

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL POWER OF THE MASK OF CREATION IN SIX KINGDOMS

When presented with raw materials, the mask offers an impressive and never ending array of creations made from those materials. For example, when presented with bread and peanut butter the mask may offer that a hat, or a bed, or a book cover are suitable creations. It may be several hours before the concept of a sandwich is presented. Patience is a virtue when using the mask in this way. If the wearer of the mask knows how to properly construct something and all of the materials needed to do so, the mask of creation pulls the item as they think of it from a collapsing paradox where it exists into the current plane. Please do note that the game of SK:R is set in a collapsing paradox itself, as revealed by Tuyet in SK:E.

You cannot create living things with this mask. 

This legendary mask takes an incredible toll on the user, requiring the most absolute focus or something may go terribly wrong. If a single misguided thought enters the wearer’s mind while the mask is active, those thoughts affect the creation. Making an submarine and then a friend asks about lunch? Congratulations you have a “meatball sub” now. The mask of creation is also easily accessible when asleep. What terrors come from our dreams?

Destroying the mask of creation is no easy feat, but if the mask were to be shattered notify a GM and wait for them to write what happens. Spoiler free version: not a good thing.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

Little info regarding the weaponry Ehlek gave the League Metru Koro Raiding Party: They are based in the official canon and are versions of Garan's Pulse Bolt Generators, except they look different, since they aren't handheld and mounted on turrets, so whatever mechanism triggers the generators is built into a casing to gives them a bit of a railgun look.

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

GM Note:

Hey all, it’s been a great week in SKR. I’ve seen some awesome character driven storytelling, and I’ve seen some cool curve balls thrown for upcoming events. It’s always so cool to see players collaborating on ideas and then running with them.

Weekly Recap: 05/11/2020 - 05/17/2020

• Odd Company began the entry puzzle for the Ruins of Stone (5,8). The ruins of Air (7,13), Fire (8,10), and Ice (5,11) are still active as well. Enra rang the gong on the top of Ruins of Fire, summoning aspects from across the island. 
  • Two matoran, one from Metru-Nui and the other from Zakaz, found the Suva of Stone (7,8). 
  • The Speed Team successfully escaped the clutches of the Mesi with new friends and new enemies. NU-8020S and her team continued to pursue after the traitorous ex-barraki [(6,9) or (6,8)].
  • Yumiwak and her crew continued their flight.
  • Boss and his warskaks outran Shagrak of The Sands, narrowly avoided an encounter with the aspect Apex, and began their ascent on foot to the Nightmare Pits inside Irnakk’s Tooth.
  • In League controlled Metru-Nui, four airships were outfitted with new long-range weaponry for the upcoming assault on Metru-Koro. 
  • Metru-Koro (6,10) became the center of debate for how to prepare for the inevitable assault in two days by the League. After Turaga Sans quelled outright opposition, disagreeing parties took matters into their own hands and continued the debates elsewhere.
  • Aurax and his newfound volunteers prepared to depart Metru-Koro (6,10) on their mission to assassinate Barraki Pridak.
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

I'm in a bit of a good position here so I'll say that I won't be able to post for maybe less than a week (better than forever, I guess). Do not wait for me in any interactions, feel free to bunny. Luckily for me none of my characters are particularly pivotal to anything right now.

• Like 1

GM Notes:

Happy Monday everyone! As this month is coming to a close soon, it's time for a staple of Unreliable Narrator GMing: a google survey! Please follow the LINK PROVIDED BY CLICKING HERE to complete the survey. As always, these surveys help me help you. <3 

giphy.gif

Weekly Summary for 05/17/2020- 05/24/2020:

Check back soon!

• Like 1

Happy chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Tuesday! I know the weekly recaps haven't gone up the past.. 3 weeks (holy moly)! Vezok's Friend and I will be working on getting those up asap. I just accepted and started a new position this week, so I've been exceedingly busy with work life. I apologize for the delays, and will continue to be as available as I can. 

Things to look forward to in June: 

1. Weekly Recaps getting back to current gameplay state
  2. A mid-game survey looking towards SK3
  3. A longer SKR themed lore quiz

Happy chat.