Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

Unreliable Narrator

It's so hard not to do everything at once. So much to learn and discover and solve!

EDIT: My Sorilax post had been rushed, so I just edited it to flesh it out a bit more, just so everyone is aware.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
My Sorilax post had been rushed, so I just edited it to flesh it out a bit more.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Elemental Alteration taboo added to the taboo list in the Rules and Character Profiles topic. 

I'm excited to announce that the Player's Guidebook for SK3 is still underway and should be ready in time for the new year start of SK3. :D It's been a lot of work so far, and there's a lot more to go, but I'm confident the new guidebook will be a super helpful gameplay resource. Here's a teaser at some of the things you'll find in the guidebook:

• Story so far synopsis
  • Character Creation with clarified, reorganized, and expanded rules
  • A new Character type known as Followers
  • Location descriptions
  • Faction descriptions
  • Terms
  • Resources
  • And more!

P.S. Happy N7 day

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

That poem was superb. And the star realm description was great.

Although it's very suspicious how fast all the plants are decaying. Something else is afoot there.

At least trees harden when they die, so Le-Metru Nuva should be good for a few years.

• Like 1

Wait... did we... actually win? No way!

I know it's not over over yet, but wow. That was some powerful writing in Le-Metru Nuva. Good job, everyone!

Now we just need to figure what that orb is. Potentially the Krom Sphere from SKE, whatever that was.

• Like 1

That was absolutely crazy @Unreliable Narrator.

Thank you for making this whole insane, confusing, emotional experience possible. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Congrats on overcoming the Le-Metru Nuva challenge!

I'll have ruins of water and kini-nui posts up tomorrow hopefully. :) I spent all day working on some things for the game. :) 

p.S. stay tuned for LOOT. You didn't think you'd go through all that and not get LOOT did you?!

• Like 2

Happy chat.

Actually, I did think we wouldn't get loot. I thought that the Taboo, puzzle sphere, and time skip were loot enough. Man, now I'm getting hyped up. I already was super happy we were able to complete the challenge and now we're getting even more!

Typo.

Items recovered from the sinkhole where the Grand Untethered was defeated, along with various other items that rose out of the swamp from the flooding caused by the tahtorak:

• 3 Kanoka Disks (your choice) of power level 6
  • 2 zamor launchers, heavily battered. With a little fixing up they should be good as knew.
  • 15 cans of heavily processed meat. The expiration date was from several decades ago. The outside of the cans are covered in swamp water. What could possibly go wrong?
  • A vahki staff of erasing
  • a rahkshi staff of hunger
  • A seismic pickaxe that can slice through almost anything. It seems to have a hard time cutting through any sort of cheese.
  • A lute. Out of tune, rusty, and filled with swamp water.
  • A surfboard
  • 3 sealed canisters of defiled Energetic Protodermis, collected the sink hole where the Grand Untethered was defeated. Each canister contains enough EP to be used for one taboo.
  • a rusty panini press
  • Several dozen toa teeth
  • a poorly designed nektann drone that refuses to do any task but sweep floors.
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

41 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

3 sealed canisters of defiled Energetic Protodermis, collected the sink hole where the Grand Untethered was defeated. Each canister contains enough purified EP to be used for one taboo.

Are the canisters defiled or purified? Or are there 3 of each type?

Also, is this an official ruling that EP gets used up when you do a Taboo that requires it?

Typo.

3 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

• a rahkshi staff of hunger
  •  
  • a poorly designed nektann drone that refuses to do any task but sweep floors.

I'm assuming only stage 4 powers for the Rahkshi staff?

To everyone, does anyone know how big mobile Nektann drones are? I know Sidra has small ones, but what's the normal size.

Back to the GMs, what is the original designation for the mobile Nektann drone?

There are:

Scout Nektann
Black Nektann
Debuff Nektann
Combat Nektann
Repair Nektann
Master Nektann
Guardian Nektann
Key Master Nektann
Defense Nektann

And I have absolutely no idea what makes them different other than their names and colors. The images for them on BS01 makes it seem like they were part of some video game maybe.

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

A seismic pickaxe that can slice through almost anything. It seems to have a hard time cutting through any sort of cheese.

Just to clarify, does this one just slice through stuff (except cheese), or does it have the full suite of jackhammer, pickaxe, welding torch, and the ability to fire "devastating energy blasts"? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Gosh I need to replay the Voya-Nui Online Game. Hope I remember my BioMedia password.

Fun fact about my latest post, I had written Collector’s suggestion About where to resettle first, and then right before posting I realized I could tie a vision prompt into it. 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

7 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

I'm assuming only stage 4 powers for the Rahkshi staff?

To everyone, does anyone know how big mobile Nektann drones are? I know Sidra has small ones, but what's the normal size.

Back to the GMs, what is the original designation for the mobile Nektann drone?

There are:

Scout Nektann
Black Nektann
Debuff Nektann
Combat Nektann
Repair Nektann
Master Nektann
Guardian Nektann
Key Master Nektann
Defense Nektann

And I have absolutely no idea what makes them different other than their names and colors. The images for them on BS01 makes it seem like they were part of some video game maybe.

Yes, the rahkshi staff is stage 4. 

I dunno, maybe a scout? It's a roomba with legs. A rumba capable roomba. Please go play VNOG. :)

7 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

Just to clarify, does this one just slice through stuff (except cheese), or does it have the full suite of jackhammer, pickaxe, welding torch, and the ability to fire "devastating energy blasts"? 

It's a seismic pickaxe like the one I linked. 

6 hours ago, Burnmad said:

6f4.jpg

I felt this

Happy chat.

Far Shore Expansion: Unlocked November, 2020

This expansion was unlocked by opening the portal to the Far Shore. The hunt is on for the Far Shore Makoki Stone! Find it by going on player focused "dungeon runs" with your friends in an ever-changing location full of as much mystery and excitement as you can imagine. These expansion rules for the Far Shore have been added to the Gameplay topic's first post as well. The Far Shore is part of the game's content that will continue into SK3.

~Unreliable Narrator

The Far Shore, New Location:

The Far Shore is a location beyond the reality of the multiverse. It’s a realm where the universe verifies the resolution of all possible realities. Buildings fade in and out of focus and time, being both decayed and built simultaneously. Untold horrors stalk the landscape. Stars and constellations swirl within everything. Colors of objects and locations blend and change, never quite settling on a permanent appearance. What matters most in this realm is your will. Rather than physics, the strength of one’s will can overcome all possibilities.

There are two solidified timelines within the Far Shore accessible via the portal in Kini-Nui. Speak with Nuju near the portal for more information about his hunt for the Makoki Stones.

Timeline "A" Available Optional Prompts:

• Destiny
  • Prosperity
  • Strength

Timeline "B" Available Optional Prompts:

• Purity
  • Creation
  • Willpower

Running Far Shore Adventures:

Entering the Far Shore changes its reality, meaning each time you visit is different!

Each short adventure in the Far Shore has a selection of randomly determined prompts. A Game Master determines the timeline, the central conflict, and the twist by using random tables. Players who’ve returned from an adventure in the opposite timeline can provide three optional prompts as well. You and everyone else who entered the Far Shore with you use the combined prompts to construct a short adventure. As long as the core conflict is resolved, there is no minimum adventure length. Game Masters will determine if the story is fairly concluded in cases of obvious system abuse.

Tag a Game Master in the post where you enter the portal to the Far Shore. There are four parts of each adventure in the Far Shore determined by Game Masters using random tables: 

• The Timeline: determines A or B
  • The Element: determines the primary element of the region.
  • The Conflict: determines what must be overcome
  • The Twist: determines what complicates the resolution

Once you’ve been assigned your prompts, it’s up to you and your friends to create the short adventure in the Far Shore!

Need a suggestion on combining prompts? Feel free to contact a Game Master in the OOC topic if you need assistance.

The Timeline:

This fifty-fifty chance places you randomly in timeline A or timeline B. The same timeline can only be run twice in a row before the opposite timeline if chosen. You are only able to interact with other Player Characters that entered at the same time as you and in the same timeline.

The Element:

This table determines the primary elemental alignment of the region. You determine how this affects the region of the adventure. You and your fellow players decide the details of your adventure’s setting. Characters with the same element as the one rolled for the adventure gain a temporary boost to their elemental-based abilities during the adventure.

The Conflict: 

This table determines what must be overcome. There are a few core conflicts, which can be interpreted as you wish during your adventure, but must be resolved to conclude your adventure. These conflicts are the six forms of conflict in Western literary fiction:

• Character vs Self
  • Character vs Character
  • Character vs Nature
  • Character vs Supernatural
  • Character vs Technology
  • Character vs Society

The antagonizing force, or the villain, of your adventure in the Far Shore is based on this central conflict. You may choose how these conflicts are approached, explored, and resolved while keeping the final prompt in mind.

The Twist:

This final random prompt determines what complicates the central conflict of your adventure in the Far Shore. This complication changes how you view the conflict, as well as perhaps how to resolve it. Work the twist into how you resolve the central conflict of your adventure in the Far Shore. 

• Be careful what you wish for
  • The cake is a lie
  • Genuine Imposter
  • The story that never was
  • Yank the dog’s chain
  • Random twist from TV Tropes

Ending Your Adventure:

Once the conflict is resolved, your adventure in the Far Shore comes to an end. Your characters travel through a portal back into the Time Between Time at the end of your adventure. They cannot bring anything from the Far Shore back to the Time Between Time except the loot they are rewarded after the adventure. 

Tag a Game Master in your final post for the adventure. A Game Master will read the adventure to make sure all the required prompts were used. If everything is concluded properly, a Game Master will post in the OOC topic regarding your rewards. You will receive awesome loot equal to the number of Player Characters that participated plus the number of optional player prompts used based on a random loot table.

At the end of your adventure as a group, pick three matoran principles charms that have been unused (used is indicated by the strikethrough effect) in the opposite timeline you were assigned. Provide the list of three matoran principles to a Game Master so they can properly update the available optional prompts for the correct timeline. If the same timeline is run multiple times in a row, do not choose new charms at the end of the adventure. A certain timeline cannot be run more than twice in a row. If GMs roll the A or B timeline more than twice in a row, they will assign the other less played timeline in order to balance charms across both timelines.

The next adventuring group may choose to use up to three of the currently available matoran principle charms for their respective timeline (A or B) during their next short adventure. Once all fifteen optional prompts are used in a given timeline, the next short adventure will be run by a Game Master and will guarantee the Far Shore Makoki Stone as a reward.

List of Optional Matoran Principles Prompts:

Spoiler
  • Duty 
  • Courage 
  • Strength
  • Unity 
  • Speed
  • Purity
  • Faith 
  • Accuracy
  • Strategy 
  • Creation
  • Destiny
  • Prosperity
  • Stamina
  • Peace
  • Willpower

• Like 4

Happy chat.

MIRACLE CACTUS

A small, spindly succulent plant that resembles a miniature saguaro cactus that grows in clusters of prime numbers, the miraculum vivificantem, colloquially known as “miracle cactus,” can only be found in truly verdant and pure regions and is cultivated with incredible difficulty. Once a start finds its root, however, it becomes almost impossible to eradicate by natural causes, considered one of the many fantastic properties of the diminutive plant. It grows continually at a terribly slow rate, resulting in a plant of dense flesh and stems that reach only a bio in height. 

Each stem is covered in razor-sharp bristles, and at the top of each stem is a crown of lush red leaves. The leaves in particular are the reason the plant is cultivated as they possess likewise “miraculous” properties. They can be ground up and used as a poultice, dried and used as an herbal smoking alternative, or taken orally and masticated. The effects in each of these cases are the same, though with varying degrees of intensity:

Action: Roll a d8
1, 8 — Everything looks slightly more shiny than it actually is. You feel a pleasant buzz. 
2, 7 — The world seems to flow at a different pace around you and you perceive things a split second before they transpire. You cannot be saddened, angered, or made afraid. 
3, 6 — You can perceive souls and their alignments relative to yours and can sense malicious intents towards you as their opinions of you shift. Pain means nothing to you and injuries quickly mend themselves. 
4, 5 — Nothing and nobody can hurt you, but you can’t hurt anyone. You have a lovely chat with a therapist named Joan or John who explains in meticulous detail how your mind works and assists you in processing your emotions. The stars come alive and befriend you, helping you understand your place in the universe. The world is viewed in ultraviolet and everything tastes like your favorite desserts. You can have any desserts you want. Things are just… they're just... right

All effects last until the next high noon. Aspects of Makuta and any beings with affinity to Antidermis, such as Brutaka's, can roll twice. Desecrated beings feel the effects more potently and vividly.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
I missed a whole dang paragraph, smh
  • Like 4

Hey just realized, if the main topic grows two more pages before the end we would have doubled the pages of SKE. Nice.

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Two pages?

That's not an if. ;)

Quick heads up: things have been a little busy here and I'm still reading up from page 121. I'm posting as I can, but if you've been waiting for a little while, I hope this helps shine some clarity. :)

EDIT: I caught up.

Apparently ya'll just like offices?

• Like 2

Happy chat.