Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

Unreliable Narrator

Hey GMs, I have a quick question: Do wholly mechanical beings such as Kilo and the Vahki PCs count as living beings for the purposes of taboos and desecration and such? Asking mostly about Tuakana's taboo at the moment but the clarity for future interactions with aspects would be nice.

@Unreliable Narrator@Vezok's Friend@Eyru

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

I figured it was the impure kind of EP, given that we've seen it mutate folks. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

14 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"I appreciate you waiting Sala, and I hope I answered all your questions Sorilax. But now I have a question of you both: with everything I said and you have learned, what are you going to do?”

Sorilax smiles, "We're going to Disney world!"

Sala's eyes sparkle and his jaw drops as sheer joy overcomes him.

Nuju nods sagely at an question well answered.

One friend stands up in the back of the classroom and claps. That was friend.... was Albert Einstein.

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

55 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

NUVA PROXIMA (Character Change)

Nuva Proxima occurs as a side effect of the Nuva process within the elemental temples. The closest individual to the source of the change receives the tiniest amount of what the disk-bearer experiences and receives the following benefits:

• All currently active psychological effects or powers are removed.
  • All diseases are removed.
  • You may share your element and breed quirks with one other willing creature you see within your elemental range.
  • The mask you were wearing is fused to your face and you require a new mask. The old mask is now considered one of your breed quirks. If you could not use kanohi masks before, you now gain a breed quirk that says: “you may wear kanohi masks and access their powers.”
  • While still within fair levels (think going from the punching down a house metaphor to punching down half a city block), your mastery of the elements you control have increased. If you previously did not have elemental powers, or if you needed a tool or another being to access your elemental powers, you gain the following breed quirk: “you may now use your own base element at toa level. If you did not have a base element, pick one element to be your base element.”

Specifically "your mastery of the elements you control have increased." Does this include the canon Nuva power of "...figured out how to start an elemental process and then leave it to function by itself, allowing him to create timed blasts..."?

Just now, Unreliable Narrator said:

This reminds me of the time I broke my glasses :P

I forgot this happened. This year's gone by like a blur

• Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I would like it to be known and established that Gore Fury hold the single greatest example of BZP-Time in SKR by making an entire feast to feed a fort of at least 100 Skakdi, as well a whole turkey substitute in roughly and reasonably two hours.

So either there is an active time anomaly in Fort Nektann's kitchen...Or Gore is just that good of a cook.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 1:10 PM, Sparticus147 said:

I have a question, does the Protodermis Lake, where all the Untethered are coming from. Does it count as Energized Protodermis for the sake of Taboos that requires the substance.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Nato the Traveler said:

I figured it was the impure kind of EP, given that we've seen it mutate folks. 

Correct, the silver lake is not a viable source of EP for taboos. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Update: the GMs have decided that the silver lake is a viable source of defiled Energized Protodermis, and can be used for Taboos.

Keep in mind that using defiled EP to create a kraata or a Rahkshi means their power is chosen at random. If you want to create a specific type of kraata, you will need to use purified EP.

• Like 3

Hello all,

I had a sudden change of schedule over the holiday weekend so I was away from the game. I'm back, catching up, and will read the 2 pages I missed asap! 

Also, ,@Sparticus147

Your far shore adventure prompts are as follows:

Timeline: B (choose up to three from the optional matoran principles prompts)

Element: Air

Conflict: Character vs Technology

Twist: The Story That Never Was

• Like 2

Happy chat.

4 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

"Sadly, each temple was created with the intention of only a single use when the time was right."

I'd heard that this might be the case in the lead-up to this, but I was really hoping it was a mistake/misunderstanding. 

Honestly, I'm disappointed. That disappointment lies less with the temples being one-offs, and more with the fact that a single character has been given a monopoly on all of the puzzle solutions. When the NUVA thing was first revealed, you encouraged us to get creative with methods to find/create Great Disks. That's what I tried to do by having Sidra learn Kanoka crafting, and that's what Atamai did on his time travel adventure. 

But because Atamai got a full set of disks, I feel like that has effectively locked anyone out of even trying to access the final rooms of the remaining temples. A dozen or so different characters from various different factions have contributed to unlocking the different puzzles and stages of the temples, but one character has beat all of them to the final step through a time travel adventure that would only have been possible for the small number of returning characters who knew the secret location of a specific NPC from SKE, and had the ability to teleport back there. From an OOC standpoint, everyone is aware of how much work I had to put into trying to create a single Great Disk, so why would they attempt something similar, knowing there's a group of characters who have a a full set of disks ready to go, and could snatch the reward out from under of them at any given time?

I'm sure there are reasons for the decision, and I'm not asking for anything to be retconned or changed at this late stage. I just had to get it off my chest that I find this turn of events to be unfair on the large number of characters who've been involved in unlocking temples thus far. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I believe you indicated at an earlier point in time that desecrated folks could learn Taboos. Will Barius also be gaining the 3 Taboos from Grime's song, or am I mistaken?

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this has been addressed previously, but are non-Aspects capable of utilizing Kraata creation in any way, and if so, how?

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 1

1. Desecration and Taboos

Great question! It depends on the method of desecration. If the way someone was desecrated provides them with the ability to learn and use taboos then yes, they would learn the three taboos from Grime's song. If not, then they do not learn the rites. 

Desecration with a beating heartlight that belonged to someone else does not grant the ability to learn and use taboos. 

Desecration using one's own heartlight has the possibility of granting the ability to learn and use taboos. It also has the possibility of turning you into a gibbering mash of organic and inorganic pieces (aka the small bits of lego in the corner of the bin mixed with some carpet fuzz).

Being Void Touched, while not Desecration by normal means, grants the ability to use and learn taboos. Spending time in the Far Shore is one possible way of becoming Void Touched. 

2. Kraata and non-aspects

Non-aspects who learn the rites to create/use kraata must find a source of antidermis as a substitution to an aspect's portion of themselves consumed during certain rites. In all other cases they should be good to use taboos so long as they have all the necessary components. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Interesting. Can't wait to see if Viltia getting one Taboo has allowed her to learn more or not. I'm sure Sorilax will be back in Le-Metru Nuva soon so we can see. Just as sure as I am that Sala hasn't jumped into another reality behind his back.

Hey, all. I've been turning this over in my head for a while now, and I've decided. I'll be retiring Legion from here on in. i initially made them as a port of a character from another game and in a rush to join in on new game mechanics, and it just hasn't really worked out.

I'm also offering Toku up for adoption. There's nothing wrong with the character, it's just not one I can write comfortably. I've always struggled with villainous characters, and Toku was intended to be about as scummy as one could get. As such every time I go to write him I just hit a wall. So he's free for anyone who wants this cowardly league goon in a mech suit!

Finally, I'm working on a new character that I'm looking forward to exploring more of the Xa-Skakdi traditions with!

• Like 1