Six Kingdoms: Rebirth -- Out Of Character Topic

Unreliable Narrator

Congrats on the promotion, Eyru. :winner:

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"We are fond of our father"

"Finally, Great Builders, you return."

EDIT:

I updated the rahkshi taboo to be more specific as there was confusion about how many powers a rahkshi actually has. Check it out in the rules topic, or read what's in the following spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Rahkshi (8 pointed Star)

Goodbye

Tortured is the heart that lies empty

Full is the belly of the beast

A shell protects the broken yolk

Sleep is better than peace

Hello

Rahkshi Profile 

Profiles for rahkshi do not need GM approval before play with the exception of custom requests. 

• Name: what does the creator of the rahkshi call it?
  • Creator: Which character made the rahkshi?
  • Physical Description: a short description to assist players in imagining the rahkshi
  • Powerset: 
    • Kraata power from the kraata pilot and its stage
    • Kraata power from the armor suit (stage four minimum)
    • Able to see through most sensory illusions
    • Physical damage reduction: rahkshi armor is tough and can withstand many physical blows
    • Infectious Feeding: A rahkshi’s face may split open to reveal the kraata pilot within, allowing the kraata to infect a downed foe’s mask
  • Tools:
    • Rahkshi staff: the same power variation as the armor (stage four minimum). Stolen staves can be used with concentration to channel the same power of the rahkshi they came from. These staves usually have elaborate blades on either end.
  • Flaw: all rahkshi become immobile when left unpiloted by a kraata or their aspect. Provide one additional flaw or weakness for your rahkshi.

What Are Rahkshi

Rahkshi are bipedal terrors forged through the use of a taboo ritual to enact the will of their creator. Rahkshi are fiercely territorial, violently attacking anything they consider to have crossed into the bounds of their realm. Rahkshi are resistant to general physical harm, the shadows around them acting as a form of energetic buffer. To make matters worse, rahkshi are two as one: a living kraata pilots a biomechanical armor suit. The powers of a given rahkshi come from both the armor suit and the kraata piloting it. All rahkshi possess incredible innate senses of perception, able to see through most sensory illusions. A rahkshi’s face may split open to reveal the kraata pilot within, allowing the kraata to infect a downed foe. Think of them as Bionicle’s version of a xenomorph if that helps. Kraata themselves are worms that hunger constantly, demanding their rahkshi armor to constantly hunt for prey to eat or infect.

How to Create Rahkshi

Rahkshi refers to the armored suit with a kraata pilot. Otherwise, the armored suit will be referred to as armor and the kraata pilot will be referred to as a kraata. The armor has an innate kraata power assigned during the armor’s creation, and the kraata has a power as well. The rahkshi uses both powers at whatever power level is highest.

To create a rahkshi, your character breathes a portion of their gaseous antidermis self into a living creature, rahi or otherwise, and then dips the living creature into Energetic Protodermis (EP). If the EP is purified, you may choose what type of rahkshi is created of the 42 possible variations. If the EP is not purified, roll randomly from the table of 42 variations found here. The living creature used in the ritual undergoes a rapid and complete metamorphosis into a suit of armor while exposed to the EP. The armor loses all memories of its past self. The armor cannot move unless piloted by a kraata or their creator aspect. Rahkshi are wholly obedient to their creator, even at their own peril. The armor starts with its innate power at stage four on the kraata power variation stage chart.

Your character (probably an aspect) may use this taboo to create as many armor suits as they have grand wish narrative milestones completed. If your character is not an aspect, they may have one rahkshi at any given time. You may not have duplicate armor with the same innate power variations.

Rahkshi and their Creator

Rahkshi may communicate telepathically with their creator at any time, regardless of distance. This telepathic communication is audio only like a radio. A rahkshi may be possessed by their creator at any time, regardless of physical distance. When a creator possesses one of their rahkshi, they paracausally move their consciousness to the portion of antidermis used during the taboo ritual to form the physical rahkshi armor. While in this state the creator loses consciousness in their original body until control of the rahkshi is relinquished. 

When an aspect possesses a rahkshi they created, they may use all their powers as normal along with the rahkshi’s powers at whatever kraata stage is highest. For example: armor with stage four power and a kraata with stage one power piloted by an aspect with stage four power may use all three kraata abilities at stage four power as well as their innate control of shadow, their ability to desecrate others, and any other abilities the aspect possesses.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Dangit, I knew this was all building up to an Among Us joke. 

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

:superfunny:

Right now I'm thinking First Torch (with Viltia and Sidra) was imposter since he stopped himself from touching Sidra, then Spark was sus when he talked to Sidra, and then definitely Spark when he talked with Wing and touched her shoulder, which left her feeling "weird".

Current Torch and Wing are fine, since Viltia touched both Torch and Wing on their shoulders and was fine both times.

I believe it's some kind of weird disguised Untethered that can't stop itself from draining life through touch.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

From an OOC perspective, I'm definitely most suspicious of Spark, and am fully cognizant of the fact that Sidra is probably harassing the wrong person right now. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for the congratulations. I'll do my best to help out Kughii and VF wherever I can, and help make this game as fun as possible for everyone. :)

I also wanted to clarify some things. #1, I am now wearing multiple hats. As a co-GM, I'm partially responsible for the game. But as a Forum Assistant, I'm still responsible for things going on outside the game. If you have any concerns about member conduct or BZPower rules being broken, please be assured that you can come to me in confidence. My duties as an FA will always come before my duties as a co-GM. 

#2, I want to clarify that my personal characters are still PCs. Taja, Tuakana, Oreius, and Poroka (wherever he is) do not have plot armour, and they are on the same level as everyone else. You don't need to be afraid of them (well, any more than you were already).

See you in-game!

• Like 6

Hi all, 

Just want to clarify something for those in po-koro: Nektann moved on further south. You can say the rain ends whenever you want. It's been cool seeing how you all had your characters rise to the occasion. 

EDIT: @Harvali, tagging you to make sure you know since it's your village.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll consider the rain ending. If anyone else in the village wants to post the rain dying down feel free. Especially since Jovan still needs rescuing. 

Hope it was okay to have this mini event, thought it could be an opportunity to show just how terrifying Boss is even when he’s not targeting you. 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

No one has said this yet, so I'm going to be the first.

Kughii...That meta-post is the most solidified proof behind your ability to write amazing scenes and stories. My goodness, when you referred to me, in name, I was left stunned in what to think. It was an amazing post that made me feel noticed and truly, truly, feel like I was apart of the world.

It also made me realized something...The Untethered are more than just some undead...They are a true existential threat within SKR, they are probably the scariest aspect of the game itself, and I love it.

• Like 3

After a (month-long, oh dear) break, a new computer, and a vicious cold I haven't entirely kicked yet...I am back and actually filled with writing juice. Tasty.

7 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

It’s spooky day in the US so let’s really shake things up and make SK scary again. 

boo

scared ya

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

7 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

It’s spooky day in the US so let’s really shake things up and make SK scary again. 

Is the zombie apocalypse unfolding at Le-Metru Nuva not scary enough for you? 

• Like 3

On 10/31/2020 at 1:53 AM, Sparticus147 said:

No one has said this yet, so I'm going to be the first.

Kughii...That meta-post is the most solidified proof behind your ability to write amazing scenes and stories. My goodness, when you referred to me, in name, I was left stunned in what to think. It was an amazing post that made me feel noticed and truly, truly, feel like I was apart of the world.

It also made me realized something...The Untethered are more than just some undead...They are a true existential threat within SKR, they are probably the scariest aspect of the game itself, and I love it.

Thank you. I really appreciate this. I work really hard to make stuff with Vezok's Friend and Eyru you all enjoy, so I'm happy to hear you liked the post. 

• Like 2

Happy chat.

As Halloween is over, I can finally return to the land of the living!

Sorry for the inactivity, I had intended to get back regular posting as far back as 3 weeks ago, but that plan did not work out thanks to some very busy work weeks. Then last week the urge tow rite got strong but first I had to get through all the wonderful posts that appeared in the meantime. My goodness you have been busy! In a really good way. I am on the edge of my metaphorical seat watching the Le-Metru Nuva battle unfold and I'll echo what Sparticus said: the untethered are by far the scariest thing, even when you're privy to the other GMs thoughts at times. Speaking of, very happy to have Eyru on board this little triumvirate! =3

Quick Takadox post to get into the swing of things and hopefully more regular interaction from here on out again!

Cheers!

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Glad to have you back!

And I totally have agree. The Untethered are terrifying to try to deal with. Like Sparticus once said to me, this whole situation feels like a movie unfolding. There's something special to this whole thing. It's been so much fun to write, even if my poor little Toa isn't really cut out for it.

• Like 1

Hey all.

With the countdown to SK3 creeping closer, I’m becoming increasingly conscious of the fact we’ll have a character limit coming in, and I’ll need to trim down my roster. With that in mind, I’m trying to focus on eking as much development, exploration, etc. out of my characters as possible to help me figure out who’s worth keeping.

I’ve been reminded that Marrow is one of only two (three if you count Boss) named Mesi in the game, and we really haven’t explored what’s going on with these guys and their whole underground civilisation. I’d love to dig a little deeper into them before we wrap up on SKR, and since Marrow has been in limbo since Boss turned into Godzilla, I’m thinking now might be a good time for him to return to the tunnels and get involved in whatever’s going on down there.

So my questions are twofold:

• Are the GMs up for some Mesi tunnel exploration? I realise you guys have a lot on your plates at the moment, so if this is a plot point/location you’re not wanting to delve into at this late stage, I’m happy to change my plans and go have Marrow do something else.
  • Does anyone have any characters wandering in the vicinity of the Ash Barrens or Irnakk’s Tooth who might be interested in joining in on an underground adventure, if it happens?
  • Like 3

Hahvok is wandering around the Ash Barrens. Specifically the Valley of Bones. He has spent months waiting for a PC Kal post, but I'm happy to have him join up with Marrow so he can actually do something.

• Like 1

Depending on Marrow's disposition towards him - and especially towards Zak-Yak - Providence might be interested in seeing more of the Mesi's domain, especially given the knowledge he gained from the last trip. I'm not sure how Zak-Yak would feel about braving the subterranean halls of his kin, however.

I'm assuming that the journey would begin within the context of Marrow playing guide and host to his entourage, who would then be his protected guests. However, given the events of the aforementioned first delve into the underground, there would likely be some tension that would arise.

If you (and Spart) are interested, Prov & Zak-Yak are currently outside the Ruins of Fire, and could wander wherever would best facilitate a meeting.

@Snelly's character Varian is also with them, but as he hasn't gotten a post in some time I'm uncertain as to Snelly's desire to continue RPing him, with or apart from the group composed of Prov & Zak-Yak.

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 2

Alright, I'll get up a post of Marrow wandering in the direction of the Charred Forest, and perhaps someone will happen across his path...

• Like 1

This is fine. 

Everything is fine.

• Like 3