Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

A colossal Skakdi moved about one of the many garages on the outskirts of the great fortress that Nektann's warband called home. He was just back from a raid, and his ACR required repairs.

*Minor* repairs. The newcomers did not put up much of a fight, from what he'd seen so far. He was disappointed, really; no opposition meant no glory. No hardship meant no opportunity to excel. He hadn't even gained any new scars in the past week.

He tightened a final bolt on the ACR. The ramshackle arrangement of scrapped parts looked no less unsound than before, but as its pilot and maintainer, he knew well that it had been restored to good condition. Which meant he could depart again, soon...

[Barius is open to interaction]

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 1

IC: Sans, Turaga Hut

"So speak, we are confidants here.  If it's something secretive then you have my word that I won't repeat what you say." Before either could continue this conversation, Waveahk entered through the unlocked door, then awkwardly left as soon as he came.  Responding to Stannis, Sans spoke,  "I have a soft spot in my heartlight for big blue guys, huhuhuhuhu.  That one normally i would have banished, but he seems to have abandoned his old Dark Hunter ways.  He even helped haul a big sled of gears and other machine parts out from Metru-Nui.  As long as he helps the village and doesn't start any trouble, he's welcome to stay, I suppose."  Sans slurped down the last of his mug of water.  "Would you like some water?  You gotta stay hydrated, especially in this hotter climate, and no, I don't mean the climate of being near me, huhuhuhu.  Now, what was it you wanted to discuss?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

29 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Dume's Office)

The ding on the elevator heralded a new arrival. It was Ostrox, who's robe-clad form stepped out onto the balcony with Zaliyah, and gazed upon the devastation below."Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked her, before sighing. "A pity it has cost us so much."

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"Indeed," she nodded grimly, "This was supposed to be the culmination of our conquest, a new beginning for the universe... I suppose it still is." 

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

"Oi," came a voice from behind Xane. "What're doing out here?"

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"Exploring. Learning," he turned slowly towards the newcomer, hands raised in a placating gesture, "Are you of my world, or one of the local skakdi?" 

IC: Klawne (Ruined Temple)

Though the temple was abandoned, Klawne didn't feel alone. In this place, she was surrounded by memories. Memories of an island that knew nothing of Skakdi, of Aspects, of giant heads falling from the sky. Perhaps, she would visit this 'Metru-Koro'. Yes, perhaps she would-

That train of thought was interrupted by the sound of someone coming. Simply by reflex, she activated her Huna, and disappeared. She saw some sort of strange creature - Sidra - emerge from the entrance.

IC: Sidra - Ruined Temple

In her relatively brief time on this new world, Sidra had seen a bizarre assortment of vehicles being put to use by the locals, some having even been replicated or claimed by the refugees from the Matoran Universe. But given that she had a mask that allowed for teleportation, and a telescopic lens to increase her range, she had little need for additional transport. 

The journey to the temple had been swift and uneventful, though she knew that could change at any moment. It would only be a matter of time before other beings struck upon the same idea as she had, to explore these temples in search of answers. Assuming there wasn't someone already here...

She pulled her nektann from her belt and activated them, sending the two camera-equipped drones scuttling around the temple entrance, carefully surveying the terrain in search of recent tracks. Sidra had heard about a band of unpleasant subterranean skakdi who had made their home in tunnels under the surface; it was possible those temples might intersect with existing structures like this one. 

She wanted to be sure she was alone, or at least not in danger, before she went risked stepping inside. 

@Toru Nui

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: “Collector” - Metru-Koro

The lean Vortixx gripped their bike’s handles like they were strangling Ehlek himself. It was just how much the hover bike bucked and strained against the dust in the air, nor the irritating realization that they would have to repair it all over again. No, they were clenched up in a mix of fear and anger.

They could tell the Matoran didn’t need them, they kept giving them odd looks, avoiding them. Kanohi didn’t even want them now. Collector was going to lose their friends, they will move on to better people like the Toa. And then, they would own nothing once again. They couldn’t — they wouldn’t. They just needed to be more like a Toa. That was the difference, the elemental powers and the masks. If they had that, then they would be able to keep possession of all their friendships. It was simple.

As Collector approached Metru-Koro he … was well aware of how little his friends there had been able to give. There were maps of the region around Po-Koro, notes on indigenous Rahi or plants, but not much other than those stone tablets. Which was great, their friendship to Collector and Metru-Koro was more important than any object that could be broken or stolen. But they … if a Collector wasn’t a good enough friend, they would replace him with a Toa.

As they skidded in front of the large refuge camp, they spied two Toa and a Zyglak standing at the gates. One had a vehicle parked nearby, did that mean they had traveled far. Their friendship could be helpful in more ways than just friendship.

The Vortixx parked their hover bike besides the ground. “Hello, it is good to see such strong Toa and Zyglak, you all look quite noble and … friendly. I am Collector. How are you taking our isolation on this strange world?

Being nice helped win friends, right?

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui @Conway

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Skorm (Zakaz - Metru-Koro)

The toa froze at the sound of his name. "I was dropping off a mahi and leaving a tip about a herd of them." He turned, taking in the zyglak he had once fought beside. "And I'm looking for someone I made a promise to. But I can ask you the same thing; why are you here, Irna?"

Before the Zyglak could respond, a familiar Bo-Toa swaggered up. He and Irna shared a glance at the toa's opening remark. Regardly, Skorm smiled and drew back his hood. "Tekmo! I heard you might be around here, which is why I came looking. I'm fine talking wherever." Skorm thumped the hood of his vehicle. "IV, come on." The automaton crawled out and onto Skorm's shoulder.

Skorm was interrupted by a Vortixx landing a hovercraft. Skorm cocked an eyebrow at the strange question; not so much for its abruptness, but for unique take on it. "I'm taking it better than most, I think. Though having my mind impromptu reconstructed by this gentleman," he said, cocking his head at Tekmo, "Probably has something to do with it."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
Vortixx ninja
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy. When I get my hands on that-" Ostrox realized he mumbled that out loud. "-this tower is rather high, for being constructed by such small beings. Compensating for something, I would say." He held his hand over his mouth to suppress a giggle.

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro)

"I'm-" Tekmo cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. Let's talk at my place." Tekmo turned to the Vortixx. "As for me, I'd say things are going rather well. Of course, they could go better."

@Keeper of Kraata@Harvali@Conway

The blue Skakdi with the odd gloves seemed to visibly relax as Xane turned around. "I'm from around here, yeah. I wanted to make sure you're not from one of the warbands. Soz."

Nervously glancing around, Klawne noticed Nektann drones clanking around the Temple. Well, she didn't want to risk these machines detecting her - she was old and didn't really understand how technology works, OK? - so she revealed herself.

"Apologies, you startled me. Sort of a reflex action. I didn't expect anyone else would be here." She raised her hands in a faux-surrender fashion, hoping that the creature would take it in good humour.

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Pridak | Metru Nui, Barraki Coliseum Fortress

A lot happened in a week.

It started with the end of the world. He knew then things might not work out if the Krom Sphere didn’t get placed.  He took a tactical risk. He planned for failure. He didn’t plan for this magnitude of failure.

Mantax was dead.

Kalmah was gone, probably dead.

Carapar was a splotch, so dead.

Takadox chose his squeaky chewy boy toy over running an empire. Soon to be dead.

Ehlek was alive, though he’d taken to absorbing himself in the work of repairing and bringing the vahki back online instead of coping with the reality that his way of life was permanently changed. Of the other five, Pridak imagined Kalmah or Mantax surviving over the pint-sized electrical circuit. At least Pridak didn’t have to listen to him mumbling anymore through a rebreather. The buzzing sounds Ehlek made when speaking his old language gave the Takean warlord a migraine.

The pilot’s chair from deep inside the Cortex of the Dead God made a good throne for Pridak. He liked the tall and curved back, enjoyed how it swept forward and hid his eyes from view. The sleek design lines caught his eye when the excavators dredged it up. He’d covered the seat in supple silks from his private collection, an unfortunately new collection created entirely of what could be reclaimed mostly from the Coliseum towers. If he’d known his treasures would be lost in space a week ago… Everything would have followed him to Metru Nui. 

He ran his fingers across the edge of the metal armrests. They were smooth and cold and it helped him think.

He wished he could say he killed Dume. But, in all, who could say he hadn’t killed a god? Barraki Pridak, God Killer. He liked the sound of that. He freed the entire world from the prison of the matoran’s based and racist religion. He proved there were no chosen people, only free people who lived or died in a broken satellite. Unfortunately, not everyone could be freed as he originally hoped. Someday he hoped to find a way back to the rest of Mata Nui’s orbiting corpse. For now though, he focused on rebuilding his might in a new land.

His new fortress in the Coliseum of Metru Nui rose as high as the empty gap once belonging to Mata Nui’s eye socket. Pridak’s throne room hung in the balance of ramshackle construction where the pupil would have been. He liked being seen. He wanted the little blue turaga who knocked him off a bridge during the battle to remember him. From his window he saw both the smoke from the volcano to the East and from the small village of refugees to the left of it. Scouts reported Turaga Sans made this little village and called it Metru Koro. Pridak laughed then, at both the Turaga’s nerve to claim land within Pridak’s view and his unoriginal naming conventions. Matoran, Toa, and Turaga really never changed. Once again, they built a civilization at the edge of Pridak’s grasp. And once again he would crush them.

For now though, Pridak’s attention was held by the prior inhabitants of this land, the indegenous skakdi and the few other groups who eked out a desperate existence in the Northern deserts, the Southern jungles, or the reported Eastern lava falls and rocky coastlines. A group of warriors calling themselves Skakdi-Xa arrived piloting strange warsuits two nights after the crash. They said their leader Nektann sent them. Pridak found their dialect of Zakazian jarring, lilting, and brash. Prone to swearing and spitting, they demanded an answer as to why Pridak destroyed an entire mountain range with this mobile home. They wanted to know why toxic protodermis destroyed the southern edge of their territory, and they wanted to thank Pridak for absolutely deleting a group of upstart bandits called the Piraka who’d made a fortress in the mountains and demanded tribute from anyone crossing a rickety bridge to Irnakk’s Tooth.

Pridak thanked them for their journey, stole their Advanced Combat Rigs as the Skakdi called them for Ehlek to have a new hobby, and then sent them home. Well, he sent one of them home. He kept the rest in cold storage so Ehlek could learn more about the ACR implants on their backs. Barraki Pridak, God Killer, paid no tribute.

A vahki squad mother stood in the corner of his throne room. She arrived recently after waking from her charge cycle. Pridak liked the Nullifier vahki, but certainly didn’t trust them. They might be machines, but he encountered two earlier in the week who had a sense of humor. What if one of the vahki had a sense of betrayal too? She asked for orders though, and he had so many tasks that needed to be completed.

“Find Takadox.” Pridak said, not bothering to remember the vahki’s unit designation. Vahki had some system of naming but that was for Ehlek to learn and master. “And bring him to me.”

@Toru Nui

IC: ??? | Zakaz, the Earth Temple

Sidra’s nektann scuttled around a corner and took in the interior of the temple. The space was open air, circular, and designed similar to the suva temples Sidra saw in her travels across the matoran universe. It looked like a piece of home in a world gone mad. Something wet and long shot out from behind a pillar toward the Nektann. It missed, retracted, and revealed on Sidra’s cameras that a large lizard had taken a liking to her robot. The lizard waddled forwards on its stubby legs and went to try and climb the Nektann playfully intrigued by the strange scuttling camera robot.

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

Happy chat.

17 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

The blue Skakdi with the odd gloves seemed to visibly relax as Xane turned around. "I'm from around here, yeah. I wanted to make sure you're not from one of the warbands. Soz."

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"You've made enemies?" Xane asked, lowering his hands to his sides. 

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy. When I get my hands on that-" Ostrox realized he mumbled that out loud. "-this tower is rather high, for being constructed by such small beings. Compensating for something, I would say." He held his hand over his mouth to suppress a giggle.

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"Knowledge towers, skyscrapers, the Coliseum, airships... the Matoran of this city always built things high. I think they were trying to be closer to their Great Spirit," she chuckled, "I suppose none of us knew how close we already were." 

"Apologies, you startled me. Sort of a reflex action. I didn't expect anyone else would be here." She raised her hands in a faux-surrender fashion, hoping that the creature would take it in good humour.

IC: Sidra - Earth Temple

Oh karz. She would have preferred the sight of a ravening skakdi to this. She hoped this Turaga hadn't gotten word of what she'd done to the last one she'd encountered. She wasn't sure if the Toa who had witnessed her murder Dume had circulated her description to their companions, and she wasn't particularly eager to find out. 

"I wasn't expecting anyone either," she replied carefully, "How long have you been here?" 

On her screen, she noticed a local reptile had taken a liking to one of her drones. There was life here, it seemed. More importantly, life that hadn't been eaten by something bigger and meaner. That seemed like a good sign. 

@Toru Nui

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Gaius, Mar-Koro 

Step by pink step, the acidic Toa squished through the mud of the bog.  Each step felt harder than the last, mainly due to the weight he carried.  He had with him his full gear, including a sack of supplies for his overnight excursion, his spears, shield and sword.  Tiny flies buzzed around his face and Gaius had long abandoned swatting them away.  Step.  Squish.  Step.  Squish.  Dangling off a stick that he also carried over his shoulder was his prize: a smaller sack filled with roots.  Chewing these roots provided general pain and headache relief, so they were valuable to have around.  

Step.  Squish.  Step.  Squish.  Passing through some large shrubs who practically begged the towering canopy to show mercy and allow more light to reach the jungle’s surface, Gaius emerged on the other side to a scene of many huts.  He was home.  Mar-Koro, the hidden swamp village.  Here, Matoran of every elemental eked out a quiet, humble existence.  The last Skakdi raid had been centuries ago, and before that several decades more.  It seemed to Gaius that Mar-Koro was finally forgotten, though every day he still patrolled the surroundings, every day he still sharpened his sword, and every day he still expected the worst.  The Matoran kept their own guard as well, though in truth this was more of a watch where they would call or wake up Gaius at the first sign of real trouble.  Gaius didn’t mind though; protecting Mar-Koro was his duty. 

He entered the village and plopped his sack of roots down on the doorstep of one wicker hut.  He knocked on the thatched door, and a blue-and-green Matoran exited.  “Guy!  Glad you’re back!  I see you’ve found plenty of those roots I asked of you!  This will replenish my stores for a very long time, thank you so much!” 

“My pleasure, Verus.  Take it easy.”  Gaius took his leave and walked further into the village while Verus of The Green took the supplies inside.  He passed through the main village area, which included a small amphitheater for plays or announcements, a large foundation of stone in the center surrounded by benches for bonfires, a board where villagers could leave mail or notices to one another, a few wicker huts with various occupations and services inside, and the village bar.  Gaius would head over there tonight for some mushroom brew, but for now he just wanted to get home and clean off.  He had mud up to his knees and dirt caked his Kanohi.   

As he approached his home- the largest hut in the village, next to the second largest hut, the Matoran barracks- a Po-Matoran stopped him.  “Hello, Nerva.  Anything new with you?” 

“Not with me, no, but you should know that Lucius claims to have spotted a Muaka while out gathering firewood last night.  I told him that if he saw a Muaka he wouldn’t have been back to tell us about it, but he’s adamant all the same; you know how he is.” 

Gaius smiled.  “Well, increase the guard by two or three of you for the next few nights, and make a little more noise than usual, hopefully we can scare off whatever it was.  I’ve gotta freshen up a bit, I’ll check in with your guards later.”  Nerva nodded then marched off into the barracks, and Gaius was finally free to enter his home. 

The inside was fairly ornate.  He had a comfortable cot to sleep on, and a place on the walls to hang his tools.  He kept his camping supplies in a chest, and carefully took inventory as he placed everything away.  He ran some water from his sink into a bowl, then moved to sit in one of the wooden chairs at his table, bringing a match for the candle with him.  Under the dim light, he carefully scraped away the mud that had accumulated on his feet using a dull wooden stick. 

After some time, he placed his improvised tool on the table and looked at one of the five masks hanging on his wall.  “I wish you were here to help, Marcus.  Cleaning was so much easier with you around.”  Gaius hung his head in silence for a few minutes after speaking that old name, then rose and walked over to the wall of Kanohi.  “That’s right, I haven’t forgotten you, Marcus.”  He touched the tan Kanohi Kiril softly on its cheek.  “I haven’t forgotten any of my brothers, nor will I ever.”  The tan Kiril was the next to last Kanohi on the wall.  Gaius walked to the starting mask on the left, then walked back down the row, touching each mask as he passed them, naming their old wearers as he did so.  “Vespasian,” the black Shelek, “Tiberius,” the orange Akaku, Pontifax,” the green Rau“Marcus,” the tan KirlMajorian,” the dark grey Huna.  His fingers lingered on Majorian’s mask, before he walked back to his bed and laid down. 

“I miss you all.  Every day.  I wonder why I’m the last one left.  I would gladly see my Kanohi on that wall in place of any of yours.  Gaius rolled to his side.  “There’s no reason to mourn any one aspect of life, he quietly reassured himself, “not when all of living is cause to mourn.”  Gaius laid on the bed for a few hours, until some frantic pounded disturbed his door, and the cry, “Gaius! Quick! Gaius! Quick!” 

Gaius sprang to his feet and grabbed a spear and shield from the wall- no time to fully gear up now.  He flung the door open, where Verus looked panicked.  “Gaius, the sky!”  The Matoran stepped back a few paces and pointed towards what everyone was looking at.  A giant head was crashing towards the world.  Gaius, too, stood and stared, completely dumbfounded as its sheer mass grew in the atmosphere.  After a few minutes, the head crashed, and the shock waves passed through the village, knocking over several loose items from their table-tops and even collapsing an older hut.   

Gaius geared up fully and stood on edge all night.  Some Muaka was no longer any concern for the Mar-Toa; he was worried this crashed head would mean death for them all- the apocalypse come at last.  The night turned to day, and the day to night again, yet nothing new emerged from the jungle-marsh.  Gaius wouldn’t allow any lights at night, so only the moon and stars piercing the dense canopy offered any illumination of the wild.  As the first few tendrils of daylight broke, though, something finally broke the peace. 

RAWR!  A fierce blur lunged towards Gaius that he only narrowly rolled away from.  He sprang back to his feet and saw a Muaka after all.  It was huge, even for a Muaka, and lunged again straight towards him.  Gaius activated his Kanohi Hau, and the beast’s jaws met only a force field.  It struck again, and again, and again, yet could not penetrate the shield.  It opened wide, determined to strike again, and that’s when Gaius deactivated his mask and shot a wave of sludge directly into the beast’s mouth from the tip of his spear.  The Rahi screamed in agony, and after a few moments, the lower jaw fell to the ground, severed from its head.  Its screams scared off the birds above, and Gaius realized anything living with a few kio could probably hear this dying Rahi.  He slowly approached as is violently shook its head and body, wondering how to stop the screaming.  Then, it solved itself.  A Kanoka smacked it in the hide, and the Rahi froze over. 

“Who’s there?”  Gaius turned defensively towards the direction the disk came, yet saw no one immediately.  “We have no freeze discs here; you betray yourself!  Who is there?  I won’t ask again!”  Gaius stood poised to drench the shrubs in acidic ooze, when finally, a large warrior tumbled out from the bushes.  She half crawled towards the Toa, her pearl armor stained with mud and muck and moss as her knees took turns plunging into the jungle-marsh's earth.  When close to Gaius, she spoke at last, “Greetings... I’m not from... this place.  No doubt you saw that head crashing... that’s my home... please.. I need to speak with you.. With someone who can help me... I have information that must be preserved before I die...” Gaius noticed now the scars all along this warriors body.  Blood had had scabbed over then broke open again throughout the pearl armor.  Gaius, against his better judgement, helped her inside the village walls, where the two spoke in private. 

“...so that’s how we all got here.  My colleagues know how to get us back home... my colleagues can fix this all.. If you can bring my body back to them, they’ll trust you.  They can even help your village.. 

“We don’t need anyone’s help.” 

“Maybe so... but all the same, you must bring my body back to them.  This armor is special tech, and can’t.. be... allowed to fall... into the hands of those who would do harm to the innocents of the world... plus.. Tattooed on my body... there’s information... they will.. Understand... Please... help them... only they can fix this all...” and then the pearl warrior’s heartlight went out.  Gaius sat with the body for a moment, before summoning some of the Mar-Koro Matoran “Bury this body.”  That was his only command, then he went into his hut and shut the door.  He would not be seen the rest of the day. 

The Matoran did their part, and dug a deep hole in the same area set aside for five other graves, which each were marked by a unique staff protruding from the ground at one end of the shifting earth.  They carried the pearl armored Titan (with great difficulty) to the hole, then slowly filled it back in.  It was close to evening by the time they finished.  Some had tried to talk with Gaius intermittently throughout the day, yet he would not answer.  He slept, truthfully, for a large part of the day, but for the rest, he sat on the edge of his bed, and stared at the Kanohi on the wall.   

“What would you do?”  Gaius asked the ghosts inside the masks how they might handle this all; would they embark on some alien mission?  Would they forget this ever happened?  Would they have asked more questions?  The ghosts didn’t answer.  They never did.   

Gaius emerged form his hut at nightfall to try and ease the tension running through Mar-Koro.  He assured the Matoran everything was fine and they were all still safe, though truthfully he shared their same fears.  After making the rounds, Gaius returned to his bed, and stared at his ceiling until finally his eyes allowed him sleep.  His last thoughts in the night were one sentence repeated over and over, “What am I going to do?” 

OOC: Mar-Koro is off-limits to others at this time; please do not drop a PC in here or having them accidentally find out hidden little village, thanks.

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

And like that, he was gone. 

Nale wasn't sure Arkius would ever return, but either way she'd try and cherish the time they had spent together. As she watched the horizon, as if expecting the Toa of Earth to suddenly change his mind and return, a familiar voice addressed her. Nale turned to Kanohi and smiled, then felt her face. "Ah, yes...my mask. I suppose a Kakama isn't much use when you have a bad leg. I appreciate the offer, Kanohi, but I'll be fine. I...I'll get better." She said that last part with a bit of uncertainty to her tone.

@Harvali

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

Suddenly addressed, I looked down at the De-Matoran. I nodded and studied the vegetables for a brief moment, picking out a red tomato--not unlike the color of my armor, but brighter--and smiled, holding it my hand like a prized possession. "Thank you, I'm pleased to see kindness has survived the crash. What is your name?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

The Twi-Toa nodded at Tekmo. "Sure. I'll catch up with you in a moment."

Skorm closed the distance between him and Irna. He whispered to the zyglak: "I don't know what arrangement you've come to here, but I won't mention our ex-superiors if you don't."

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Kanohi - “Po-Koro”

Kanohi nodded with a crimson faced cloaked by his masks, there was not much else he could say about her leg. “Sorry,” he said simply, “um, you known Turaga Jovan has a … no, sorry, sorry.” His hands fluttered with unease, how could he even think that?

He couldn’t offer her the Turaga’s Noble Kadin, even if it would let her move about more freely, it was the Turaga’s choice, his mask. He should have more respect for the Turaga even … even after Turaga Dume. Not that he really ever learned if Turaga Dume was behind Nuparu’s death. And even if they switched masks, she could use the Kadin, but her Mask of Speed would be useless for a Turaga.

It just was … seeing a Toa hurt with a lasting injury, it was … it was unsettling. Of course he knew all too well Toa were not invincible but it was … he was letting her down, not mending her leg, and bringing up masks.

Then, looking around, he realized something was missing. Or rather, someone. “Um, has Toa Arkius left to go hunting?” He asked. He had not really spoken to the Toa of Earth back in Metru-Nui, nor really in Po-Koro, but he was a Toa, that should b good enough. Toa Arkius had seemed to always stay close to Toa Nale, except when he went hunting. The Rahi he brought back kept the village alive, the refugees absorbed the energy from them they needed to keep going.

IC “Collector” Metru-Koro

Collector … did not really know what to think of what the Toa meant about his mind being remade, but they figured they should say something. Something relevant specifically. So they just said, “well, I am glad for you that it has worked out as well as it had. I have managed to get by so far as well, things could be far better, but I’ve been making friends, that is far more important. Unity.” He whispered the last word like a hiss of the Great Furnace.

OOC: @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Kanohi - “Po-Koro”

Kanohi nodded, and tried to look at whatever she was staring at. He couldn’t really see anything, and his social missteps were buzzing in his head. Finally the Fe-Matoran said “Um, I … I am no Toa, but um, well, I know what you all have done for us. Fighting desperately to save us Matoran, risking your lives and bodies to keep us safe: you a Toa are the reason any of us are left alive. When I first came to Metru-Nui, I heard so many times people call the Matoran “the Heart of Metru-Nui.” You saved that heart, so Metru-Nui still lives. I mean, kind of at least. Sorry, what I mean is, if you ever need help, I can only hope we can repay you. That I can repay you.

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-koro- 

"I'm Skyra Daring, you may have heard of me." Probably not. "And Rose Daring...I love the sound of that~" Soon enough they arrived at their little love shack, it wasn't anything super fancy but it was big enough for the both of them and the occasional guest or two. 

"I'm still getting used to the fact that I actually live somewhere, instead of you know...just being in the army." 

@Tarn@Dane

IC: Vashni - Metru-koro -

"Well I hope it stays that way..." Vashni couldn't help but glance back towards Mata Nui's severed head, back where home had once been. "Though I feel like that's wishful thinking..." 

To tell the truth, Vashni was deeply troubled. This upstart village had enemies on all sides, some new, some old. Either way things could go south quicker than taking a breath. She wanted nothing more than to keep everyone here safe, she had to, they couldn't fail again... 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro (The Love Shack)

"The Army? Man, I'd hate the army. Gotta take orders, can't be using my board, man the army would suck. I mean, no offense or anything, ladies, I'm just saying, I'd rather not be court marshaled for blasting off when the going gets tough. Not a fighter, no sir."

They looked around the shack, whistling as they leaned their board against the side. "Comfy place." Vent remarked. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly

IC: Pardehi - Metru Koro

He walked through the streets of the village, hoping to catch a ride on the caravan to the other village across town. The caravan wound be departing soon, and he did not want to have to walk on foot. Besides, he had cases to attend to, and he could not afford to run out of supplies at a time like this. It suddenly occurred to him that his reserves of Amana Volo spheres would be running low. He would have to speak with Turaga Sans to procure more.

He abruptly changed his path, heading in the direction of the turaga's hut. He knew the turaga's time was valuable, and he hoped that nobody else had made it there before him. Scheduling meetings had gotten a lot harder when civilization collapsed. When he finally made it to the hut, he noticed a strange, fishlike being lingering outside the entrance.

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 1

Images of Arkius' actions in the Archives, along with Nale's own...missteps flashed in her mind as Kanohi spoke of her and her kind as if they were god-given heroes. She wasn't sure they had done much else but add to body counts in their efforts to protect the Matoran and Metru Nui up until the crash, but if it eased the minds of the people, of her allies, then maybe it was better to let the illusion live on.

She forced a smile. "Thank you, Kanohi. It...means a lot to hear that. You did your part, too."

@Harvali

IC: Rose - Metru-Koro (Love Shack)

"Wasn't so bad," the Toa of Fire replied, searching around the shack's makeshift tiny kitchen for anything to eat. "You got the stomach for military rations, kid?"

@Snelly@Dane

IC: Jutori - Metru-Koro Gates

He frowned, noticing Vashni's glance towards...the monument to their dead god. Truth be told he was just as troubled, spending most of his guard duty worrying that an ambush could happen any moment and crush the burgeoning village. Worrying that he'd fail to stop it, or warn everyone in time.

"Hey, if things get real bad we'll be there to do something about it, right? We're Toa, it's kind of our job. This is our home now, and we're gonna defend it like we did our old one."

@Snelly

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-koro - 

"Well that's good, because we have enough to last us years! Hmmm...I should learn to fish or something..." If Skyra could stop falling asleep whenever she tried to fish, maybe it would be possible. 

Skyra went up and reached for her Cordak Blaster, which had been mounted on the wall. "What if...I blew up the fish? I bet that would be way faster than using a pole!" 

@Dane@Tarn

Vashni smiled at Jutori and nodded, even if she had lingering doubts herself, she couldn't let that spread to the younger Toa, they needed hope to keep them alive just as much as food and water. "Of course, after all we've been through, the impossible things we've seen and done, we've always seemed to manage yeah?" 

Edited by Snelly
vashni

"I think you'd just end up with little fishy bits floating in the water, hun," Rose replied, tossing an MRE to Vent. The label on its packaging claimed the content was something akin to pizza, but whether the ingredients agreed with that name were up to the person eating it to decide. "You any good at fishing, kid?"

@Snelly@Dane

"Yeah! I mean, we crash-landed on another planet, and yet here we are. We're survivors."

@Snelly

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi looked away, “I should have done more though.” In the distance he could just about see the towering peak that was Mata-Nui’s severed head, a colossal wall that towered over the island and blotted out the very stars. He … how many had died in that wreck. How many did he fail to save? How many died?

He shuddered and said, “Do … Do you think the surviving Leaguers will be content just staying in Metru-Nui? Not … coming here, or to Metru-Koro. Just ... ruling in the ruins? I … I don’t think either of us could survive another war. Not just us refugees, but even the league. So … so many dead, just because the Matoran honored Mata-Nui. And we have little here, there … would they really think it worth the effort to attack us again?

OOC: @Tarn

Edited by Harvali

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Vent's golden eyes glanced away for a moment as they caught the MRE. He looked almost embarassed.

"I...um...this will sound strange, but I don't remember?"

A hand fiddled with the wrapper, managing to rip it open with their mechanical arm.

Drat, Rose was right, Skyra put the weapon back on the wall. Oh well, she'd think up some other crazy idea...oh maybe if her and Rose combined their elements...

"Hmm...what was that? You don't remember?" That sounded...strange. "What happened, get hit in the head with a coconut? Does your vision blur? Do you see black spots? Are you a ghost? Do you need a doctor?" 

@Tarn@Dane

"Yeah, that's true, we survived." Somehow Vashni felt like she was the one being comforted more than Jutori was. "And we'll continue to do so."

• Like 1

"Sorta, no, no, maybe and maybe again. Memories don't fit together like they should? Y'know like a puzzle, but the pieces don't jam together. And most of the pieces are missing." Vent dug into the MRE ravenously, wolfing it down like a hungry Hapaka. "Hmm. Tastes pretty good, thanks ladies!"

The Tiokaha grinned, gratefully.

"So what, you got am...amn...what's that word, Sky? Ambidextrous?"

@Snelly@Dane

"Exactly. Now, I've kept you stuck at the gates for too long now. Let's head in, yeah?"

@Snelly

"I hope not," she replied. Granted, she had been trying not to think about exactly that. Nale hoped what remained of the League would stay in Metru Nui...what was left of Metru Nui, that is. "But I wouldn't dwell on it. For now, we focus on helping eachother."

@Harvali

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"No that doesn't sound quite right to me..." Skyra thought about it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. "Ahah! It's amputee! Wait NO!" No that was definitely wrong.

"I think it was amnesia, but I forget honestly." Ba-dum-tish!

@Tarn@Dane

• Like 2

They paused, thinking.

"...Yes. One of those, definitely. Anyway, that's boring. No use crying over spilled protodermis, I got plenty of other things to think about. Like this food, did I mention it was good? It's pretty good, though again I haven't eaten in a few days." The Tiokaha finished off the rest of the MRE, sighing with satisfaction and licking their lips. There was a brief moment of pause before they reached for their board.

"Right, thank you very much. As I promised, I'll blast off for you now. Let you get up to whatever you retired army people do. Crosswords, maybe? I dunno."

Edited by Dane

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi sighed, “You are right. It’s … I don’t know if I can though. What … what do you think it was like, for the Skakdi-Xa? When Mata-Nui’s head crashed on Zakaz, covering their island in dust and ash? Do you think the crash devastated them too? What if their villages were crushed by us?” How many died because of the crash? And was … did Mata-Nui die because of the invasion? Was the crash because of all the death the war caused? Did Mata-Nui die because his insides were killing each other?

Sorry,” Kanohi shook his head, “you are right, we should focus on helping each other. The good news is we got some more food from Metru-Koro, we got seeds for crops too, and we were able to give them some of our rough maps of the north. So the other refugees should be able to navigate to us easier, and we should’ve less at risk of starving. We don’t have many weapons still, but … sorry.

Um, that reminds me. I gave Dalu my disk launcher to protect the village, and she has my disks now, along with a few others. But she prefers her Vahki Staff of Confusion, since it lets her fight hand to hand and influence enemies from a range. She only uses the disk launcher because it’s a weapon we have. It’s not mine to give anymore, but if you want, I could ask her for one of the disks she has free, and if she has one free, Vakama and I could try to make a new weapon for you. It won’t be as good as your old rifle but, it’s an idea. If she agrees. Would you be interested maybe?

Edited by Harvali

Vashni nodded. "Sounds good." Vashni was eager to see if anyone else she recognized was still around the village. Of course she could always cheat and use her powers to find people, but sometimes it felt better to just go looking with her eyes and ears.

@Tarn

4 hours ago, Azibo said:

IC: Sans, Turaga Hut

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

The old toa looked back at the door a second time and pensively regard what Sans said of the former Dark Hunter. By Stannis' reckoning, Waveahk was more guilty by association than anything, and being affected by the wrong powers at the wrong times. His worst crime in Stannis' eyes was the destruction of Dume's window. Rumors said he surrendered eagerly when the organization's shadowy roles were revealed, and that he was genuinely repentant. Perhaps that was so, perhaps not; in either case, it seemed Sans was keeping him under watch, a rational choice considering his past, and had the matter under control. He shrugged, not bothering to discuss a matter well in hand any further.

"Thank you, Sans," he said, stepping in further, then seating himself beside the turaga. He set his rucksack betwixt his legs and pulled out two sections of a long pipe which he then connected and began to fill with a few herbs. "An old friend of mine, Brykon, used to run a tobacco plantation on a far-flung southron island. It's defunct now, but I still have some leftover goods. Do you career to partake with me?"

"Smoke til you're broke, huhuhuhu."

"Money has no meaning down here, Sans. Do you want to smoke with me or not, you little geezer?" Stannis playfully chided.

"Not true, there's a shell seller now. Good shells too; shiny and swirly and not too chipped, huhuhuhu."

Stannis had indeed heard of Kapura bursting into the niche market of cowrie bartering and becoming a seashell seller by the seashore, but chose to say nothing, instead carefully rationing the precious leaves in the pipe and struck a match to light it. He took a long drag from it before passing it to the other elder. Patience was a virtue Stannis held in incredible quantities, and those who knew him well enough understood that rushing the Wanderer was never fruitful; likewise, holding him back when he was on a mission was likely a futile task. Sans, knowing the old toa's traits, waited for word. Finally, as he passed the pipe, Stannis spoke of his purpose.

"Old friend, I came to see how things have been going and offer my counsel if appropriate. When I heard the bulk of the refugees had settled in a large village I wondered who had assumed the mantle left vacant by Dume. When I heard it was you, I was gladdened that a noble sage was at the helm once again. Tell me, what challenges and successes have you and this nascent city been having?"

• Like 4

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Gates

"We should talk," Irna whispered back. "The two of us. Afterwards."

With that, she slowed her gait to allow Skorm to head off into the village -- and to Tekmo -- on his own, as she turned to face the Vortixx who had arrived.

"That's good to hear," she said to the newcomer, eyeing him up and down, trying to parse out his intentions. "Are you just passing by Metru-Koro? Or do you intend to stay the night?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Harvali

-Void

Edited by Conway
  • Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

"By far the biggest worry I have is defense.  We've erected good defenses, all things considering, and many of the Toa have lent use of their elements to reinforce our wooden walls. But..." Sans took a drag from the pipe and held it in for a moment, before blowing back out rings of smoke with tiny water bubbles passing through each rings center.  "Well, it would take a day for you to completely brace our walls with stone, and you'd need an earthen Toa to work the ground to reveal the stone anyways.  Plus, then the Onu-Toa could make a trench or ditch... I don't know.  The defenses are what I worry about most.  If we were attacked, I'm confident the surplus of heroes here could defend us, but it seems all too easy for the village to be burned or buried regardless."  Sans sipped from his newly replenished mug.  "Besides the defense of Metru-Koro, there are some other concerns I have.  The first being these natives.  So far, they seem even more unruly than the Skakdi we had back home."  A pause; mentioning "home" invoked a sadness in Sans he preferred to hide.  "I don't want to be on the defensive forever.  It might be some time yet while we gather more and more survivors into our midst, but sooner than later, I wish to send some sort of envoy to the leaders of these Skakdi.  One of the marauding groups we fended off early in the settling of this village mentioned someone named 'Nektann.'  If he is their leader, or at least the biggest and baddest of them, then I'd like some experienced Toa to make contact with him and see if we can't both coexist.  It's not like all of us asked to crash here.  Whatever we can do to make life peaceful for us all, we'll try.  I fear it's futile, given the violent nature of Skakdi, yet it's a hope I have anyways."

Stannis passed the pipe to Sans again, who took another long drag before quickly exhaling this time, no tricks involved.  He handed it back to the Wanderer and began again.  "At night, I look out at that crashed head and swear I can see shapes moving between the lights.  I know the League Remnant is still in there.  I fear what may happen if Ehlek launches some invasion.  You can see the Colosseum jutting from that robot's face, you know.  I bet that green monster lurks inside there even now, plotting against us.  And Stannis, let me confide in you, there is an unknown threat I fear.  Everything we've learned involves beings to the North or on the other side of that volcano.  No one speaks of the South.  Why is that?  What lurks in that jungle?  I want to know, and wish some adventurers would explore and report back.  There must be a reason no Skakdi claim to hail from there."

Sans finished his mug of water and let silence hang in the air for a minute before talking again.  "I don't know, Toa.  Maybe this is all too rushed.  Maybe for now the best thing is to keep uniting the people of Metru-Nui.  It's quite the City of Legends now, isn't it, huhuhuhuhu.  Maybe you're best fit for now is just being seen by the Matoran here, and helping the newer Toa find their place in this new society.  Spread the word about these missions I wish to engage someday, if you find heroes among Metru-Koro you deem fit for such tasks.  I've gotten to know most around here, but truthfully, I lack the experience with everyone that you have.  My time as a Toa was in a more exotic land.  The foes I faced were never so complicated.  My biggest victories were over Rahi!  Tremendous Rahi, mind you, but never did I have to operate in times like these.  I suppose I am now, but I don't envy these new Toa and their tasks, now.  I told you we almost met once, back when the Toa Maru were still a team.  I'm glad we've met now, even under these circumstances.  We're all better for your presence, and believe me, I don't presume to truly tell you what to do.  All I ask is that you remain a symbol for hope and heroism.  The Matoran-well, everyone, really- need anything that gives them hope and makes them happy right now.  Whatever you do, please don't go off and die.  We've buried enough in the aftermath of the Great Migration; I refuse to make a memorial for you down in the new Archives."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dane said:

IC: Zai - The Rig 

7 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig

IC Yumiwak | The Rig

"Easy, tigers," I sharply barked at Kor and Zai once I found feel the burgeoning animosity between the two of them like a taut rope. "If you want to fight over me, do it back on our turf. Out and about we're going to be civilized." I stared at the two of them to let it sink in. There was a lingering sense of "or else" in my eyes, too, but some things didn't need to be said to be understood.  

"Both of you could be useful, now come along."

The Mall was bustling with traffic; the Riggers, as a general rule, were some of the most mobile and better traveled Skakdi, and so there was never a dull day in the centre of the warclan's main settlement as Riggers from all over Zakaz came and went from the plaza, some bartering tall yarns for tankards of ale alongside other's selling material goods for solid slaves. It was at once a wonderful and frightening space where morals flowed as loose as blood on some days, and one Skak's luck was another Skak's dismay. On that particular day, I was on the prowl for information, even here-say, about the new Matoran population and the gigantic head that fell from the sky. 

People stepped out of my way as I strode through with my two clan members. It wasn't out of the sense of honor or respect as it had been for my ancestors, but where adoration was lacking fear did the job just nicely. People didn't stop talking as I walked by—I was  technically still just another Rigger in the crowd—but I didn't need business to stop to know my presence was being regarded just the same. Even in the midst of chatter I could discern someone muttering to his fellow about the one time some Skak slighted me, so I compelled him to his knees and squeezed his teeth out of his mouth with my thighs. Heh, some stories never do get old. 

We stopped in the middle of the mall, where the hallways and gangplanks all interconnected and the people milled about most. I stretched an arm out to both my crew. "One of you," I commanded, "take my hand." It was an invitation to meld our wills together for me to use my powers, and I cared not who responded to my wish the fastest. I knew there had to be someone, somewhere in this den of vice and lore, who had the information I wanted... It was just a matter of sensing them out. 

• Like 1

IC: Amaru, Northern Wastes Theme Music

"Shut up, we're almost there." 

It had been a strange month for the Skakdi.  Tired of taking orders, Amaru had stolen a speeder and booked it out of town.  He spent the rest of the week drifting from town to town until he won a night of gambling at some run-down bar.  The loser offered to pay up at the moment, or he could show Amaru the way to some forgotten treasure down on the Kumu Islets.  Amaru must've been some drunk, because he actually agreed.  The next week was spent with the two of them riding hover their bikes down the east coat of Zakaz (with one night spent at the Rig with some bad, bad Skakdi ladies) and then slowly through the thick of the Fau Swamp.  Most of the time was spent navigating the Fau Swamp, actually.  But sure enough, once they reached the Kumu Islets, they uncovered some ancient temple.  Inside, they didn't find any treasure though.  No, instead there was this creepy spirit that demanded a servant.  Now, Amaru had just risked it all to become an outlaw with no master, but in the past, his masters never really gave him anything in return for his service.

This... Makuta thing, though... wow, he offered something in return.

One dead guide and an excruciating and disgusting ritual involving a horrid leech on his back later, Amaru felt powerful.  Amaru listened as this... spirit.. thing.. told him he could stay in his favor and even grow more powerful, and all Amaru had to do was bring him more bodies and kill someone else who knew how to get here.  Simple enough.  And with this last week's events, dead bodies would be in no short supply.

Last week, nothing less than the single largest head that probably ever existed ever crashed onto the island, absolutely smothering the west coast.  Which sucked.  Amaru always like the west coast best.  Outside of this decapitated alien robot head, countless multitudes of Matoran and Toa and Rahi and who knows what else kept finding their way through the rugged Zakaz landscape.  Many had even started setting up camp.  In fact, Amaru was on his way to one now.

"I said shut up."

Amaru left his stolen bike outside the temple and used the dead guide's to leave the Fau Swamp.  No one would be looking for a dead guy's ride, after all.  Soon enough, Amaru started encountering roving groups of these new Matoran.  Usually they didn't have much to offer, but it was fun riding them over or lining them up and offing them one by one.  One group had a Toa in it though, and after a brief scuffle, Amaru decided he would steer clear of those guys.  For now.  he was fine harassing any lonely Matoran he could find.  And boy did he find some.

There were two Matoran wondering alone in the wilderness.  Easy targets.  Amaru straight rammed the blue one, and the white one froze in terror.  Amaru asked if he was headed anywhere, to which the icy Matoran nervously answered that they were heading somewhere called "Po-Koro."  Dumb name for a dumb people.  So Amaru decided to help the little guy get home.  And the little guy would help Amaru send a message to these newcomers.

"That's it."  Amaru stopped the bike.  The Ko-Matoran wouldn't stop begging to be let go.  These little villagers were so annoying.  "I thought you little ice guys were supposed to be the quiet ones," Amaru joked as he dismounted The Mule and walked to the side of the hover bike, towards the white Matoran strapped across the hood.  "This oughtta shut you up!"  Amaru snatched the white Kaukau from his victims face, tossed it onto the ground, then smashed it with his heel.  He was right, the Matoran did shut up.  

The rest of the ride to Po-Koro was quiet, just like Amaru liked.  After some time, he finally rode up to the... well... not really gates... but there were two Matoran with spears or staffs or something standing there.  Amaru dismounted, unstrapped the Ko-Matoran, then threw him towards the two guard Matoran.  The Ko-Matoran didn't quite make it, instead landing maskless-face first onto the arid soil in front of the guards.  "Let everyone here know, Amaru runs these parts."  The Skakdi-Xa spit, then started his bike again.  "If I catch any of you walking about in my land, you'll get it worse than this guy."  Then Amaru sped away, confident word would spread around this pitiful refugee camp that they were living here by Amaru's grace alone- If they were smart, they'd be happy he hadn't done anything more serious to their shantytown and would keep to themselves.  In time, Amaru would probably be able to extract some goods from them.  For now, it was enough to let them know who's boss in this land.

The sun was rising on a new day.  A day where Amaru was the biggest, baddest man alive.

OOC: Amaru went to Po-Koro but he's long gone now, in the larger area I guess but he's got a speeder bike, so tracking him down would take a bit.  Po-Koro PC's are welcome to, but it'd be a bit, and he's not necessarily staying in one place.

Edited by Azibo

IC: Zai - Zakaz, The Mall

The Mall wasn't where Zai felt the safest, truthfully. As a rule, the hedge-skak wasn't the most social of beings. Small talk and the like never had much meaning except to try to to get in closer with the other participant, or to kill time. Neither prospect was interesting to Zai.

And the Riggers sprawling about The Mall made her particularly suspicious and on edge. Whilst the stories told about Yumi were somewhat humorous and definitely entertaining, they also indicated a hostility that kept her itching at her Kukri sheath with crimson claws. She'd gut any of these low-lifes if forced to, that was for certain. They almost made her appreciate Korio, she was certain he'd never try anything treacherous or murderous towards Yumiwak.

Obviously, Zai was the first to volunteer when her princess requested. The Ta-Skakdi's hand shot forward, her will already practically Yumiwak's in any case.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig (Mall)

Korio gave looks to the passing Skaks. Mean looks. They were better than these losers. The rabble could talk all they wanted about Yumi, but they'd hush up the moment he pulled out Lady and landed a bolt between their eyes. And then he'd laugh at them, and Yumi would laugh with him, and Zai would be like, "Kor, you Karzin' idiot, you're wasting ammo, and--"

The Vo-Skakdi was so caught up in his daydream he missed his chance to take Yumiwak's hand and coordinate so she could use her element. That was fine, Korio didn't care. He didn't care at all.

(He cared immensely.)

He crossed his arms and watched, grumbling to himself.

@EmperorWhenua@Dane

Nale frowned, mostly at the mention of her rifle. "I appreciate the offer, I really do, but...I don't think fighting is something I can do anymore. Even when I recover, I'd rather just...stay here and help the Matoran in other ways. I did my works back in Metru Nui, and now...now I think I'm retired."

@Harvali

"Crosswords? Am I that old? Oh, dear..." Rose took her wife's hand, looking almost distressed, "Sky, do I look that old?"

@Snelly@Dane

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded slowly, “thank you for being clear, I am sorry for my rudeness. I will not bring that up again.” The Fe-Matoran could respect that, respect it more than if she had jumped at the chance. Well, of course he should respect a Toa regardless. But too much fighting had destroyed the universe, now was the time for rebuilding. 

Kanohi,” Vakama ran up, “a Skakdi just threw a maskless Ko-Matoran at our gate. The Skakdi saids he runs this region. What … what do we do?

The Fe-Matoran swallowed, he should … just focus on small manageable tasks, don’t overwhelm himself with things beyond him. “Give the Matoran the spare mask you made, taking care of the Matoran is more important. And they might know something about this Skakdi. How injured are they? Where is Turaga Jovan?

The Turaga is trying to see which direction the Skakdi has left in, the Matoran seems a bit shaken and roughed up but he … we don’t think he will die.

Kanohi shook his shoulders, letting his armor of masks jingle. The sound was comforting, like chimes in the wind. “That is a relief, at least. I … Toa Nale, what do you think?

IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

Collector smiled like a frozen lake beginning to crack, “I shuttle messages and goods from Metru-Koro and the smaller refugee camps. Most are too poor to give anything but their … friendship, but that is more than enough of course. I just cane back from one of the more northern camps, they have sent some maps of the north and some notes on what Rahi and plants live there. Speaking of maps, have any of you found anything … interesting  in the wilderness. I heard some have found strange temples out in the wilderness.” His eyes darted about between the group.

OOC: @Conway

"Probably should have built downwards then, like the Archives. Anyway, their 'god' was quite an unpleasant individual. Their faith would shatter if they knew what he was really like. Ah well. Shall we see if our masters require anything of us?"

IC: NU-8020S (The Coliseum, Barraki Fortress)

Yes, because this land of Zakaz was actually quite small, and NU-8020S was bound to run into him if she just looked hard enough.

"Command received. Initiating manhunt for 'Takadox'." She marched out of the makeshift throne room, and began to calculate the most likely places that the Mantis would be hiding.

Not the refugee camps. They were enemies of the League, and most likely would have lynched him on sight if he ever went there. From what information she had on Takadox, he was smarter than that.

One of the native warbands? Possibly. His power of hypnosis might have persuaded them to let him seek refuge in their territory, or even become their new leader. Possibly.

The Kumu Islets were a remote location, separated from the mainland. Inviting for a fugitive, but... no. Just no.

NU-8020S supposed that she and her squad would have to roam the wasteland and interrogate every meatbag they could find until they found their target. And any time away from the fleshlings that pulled her strings was more time she could spend not having to put up this ridiculous charade of unthinking compliance, so that was a plus.

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Tekmo's Hut)

Tekmo's place of residence was rather sparse - probably because it and every other hut was constructed less than a week ago. He invited Skorm to sit down at his desk, while he sat at the other side. On the desk there was a tiny flower in a pot, as well as a photo of Rose and Skyra's wedding.

"So, you're here for me, is that right?"

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"If you're here to speak with the Turaga, it'll have to wait. He's talking to someone else at the moment, and I'm talking to him after that."

@Biological Chronicler

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

"Me name's Navu. Sorry if they're not up to standard. Soil here's a bit rubbish."

@Tarn

"They've made enemies. Subtle distinction. It's not my fault they're all murderous self-aggrandizing clowns... I'm guessing that, since you're new here, you don't know what this mountain's about?"

"For a while. May I ask why you've come?"

@Nato the Traveler