Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sans, Turaga Hut

"Dark times indeed, friend."  Sans paused to smoke again, then allowed the smokey atmosphere to slowly dissipate throughout the hut.  After a time, he spoke again, "Stannis, this worries me greatly.  To battle a concrete foe is one thing- would may capture or incapacitate such a foe.  But to fight something more sinister, more magical... that is a foe not so easily abated.  Please, keep this to yourself as much as you can.  I don't want the Matoran to worry about being plunged into a thousand years of darkness under some ominous, evil spirits." Sans stretched his arms then rested his old hands around his empty mug once again.  "Do you think these spirits know of us?  Do you think we are in danger?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Pardehi - On the Road to Po Koro

Pardehi rode across the desert, the sun lowering behind him. At this rate, it would close to midnight before he reached the outskirts of that small village tentatively called Po-Koro He had bought an Ussal Crab from the local Onu-Matoran stable days before, and he had come to depend on the creature for long trips through the desert like this. Even now, it almost seemed as if the crab were the one choosing were they went, and that he was just a passenger.

He had been to Po-Koro several times before to trade with the local merchants. He would bring them parts and equipment from Metru Koro, they would sell him any number of exotic herbs and salves with which he made his medicine. Very few of these herbs actually came from Po-Koro, of course; most of the place was a sparce desert. They had been brought here by traveling merchants from distant regions as goods to trade.

By the time he made it to the village, he was exhausted. He lay down in his cot, sinking into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The next morning he made his way to the village square. Last time we was here, the village windmill had been damaged, though now it seemed to be in perfect repair. That was a good sign, it probably meant there were regeneration disks he could buy.

OOC: Pardehi in Po-Koro. Open for interaction. @Harvali @Tarn

Edit:Fixed placement error, planning on having him meet Nale and Kanohi on the way out.

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

"I'm no medic," Nale replied, "I doubt I'd be of much use."

With that, Kanohi strode off, and the Toa of Magnetism sighed. Looking to the horizon again, she could see the sun was setting. Getting used to one sun had been a bit jarring, after spending all her life inside the giant robot. And those weren't even real suns to begin with.

She went inside. The place her and Arkius had been staying was hastily put together not long after they'd left Mata Nui's head, but for now it was home. Their home. The bed was little more than a cot in the floor, barely big enough to fit her and the Toa of Earth (especially at his size), and the entire structure creaked as if it would collapse at the slightest breeze. A single lightstone affixed to the ceiling was the only light source.

Nale rested her spear in the doorway and sat down on the edge of the bed, the sunlight outside continuing to disappear and bring darkness upon the village. Nighttime in this strange new land frightened her, truth be told, as she never knew what was lying just outside the reach of their lightstones.

She decided to lie down, but the Toa in her was telling her to stay alert and keep watch over these refugees. A Skakdi had harmed a Matoran and threatened Po-Koro, and she could do little about it except give advice. 

Nale shut her eyes.

And then opened them, upon realizing she had a returning visitor.

The Fa-Toa got up from her bed and returned to the shack's doorway, taking hold of her spear. Kanohi once again stood before her.

4 hours ago, Harvali said:

Kanohi swallowed, and then said “Toa Nale, um, the Ko-Matoran was traveling with another, a Vo-Matoran who was run over by that Skakdi. The Skakdi was the one who broke the Ko-Matoran’s mask too. The other Matoran may be alive, but either way we … we need to find her. And if she is … we need to let her rest. There is something else too, she was carrying a weapon that we might be able to use to grow a Knowledge Tower. That might mean a new shelter for Po-Koro, a sturdier one.“

I am going to try to find her and the weapon. Another Toa has come, I do not know their element or their mask, but they said they will help. But … would you be interested in coming too? The other Toa can fight for us, I would not ask you to fight. Otherwise … would you mind helping out at the camp while I am gone, to mend what tools and machines we have with your powers? I hate to bother.But it is your duty. 

"I...can't come," she replied, "but I'll see what I can do around here. Go along, Kanohi. You have a Matoran to find."

@Harvali

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

"Indeed. I suppose not many here knowing me is...a good thing. I feel as though I've been granted a new start, but by who..." I glanced off in the distance, towards the dead god, "...I do not know. Perhaps I have made my own destiny."

"Seems like it'll be dark, soon. Do you have a place to stay? I confess I have been wandering these streets since the Koro was constructed, going from place to place. It'd be nice to spend a night with a roof over my head."

@Toru Nui

OOC: @Biological Chronicler Nale is currently at her shack, not in the middle of the village.

Edited by Tarn
somehow deleted an entire paragraph describing the shack Nale and Arkius were living in
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 hour ago, Harvali said:

IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

IC: Knichou, approaching Metru-Koro gates

Knichou was surprised to see a vortixx rushing towards him as he approached the gates. I'm not parking illegally am I?

The vortixx appeared flustered as she explained that some matoran had been looking for a Nynrah Ghost who piloted an airship. Hmm I wonder who that could be...

"Former Nynrah Ghost, but yes, you're speaking to him," Knichou responded. "Airships are harder to come by these days, let alone a Nynran, so I think I'm the only one alive that fits that description. Who is this friend of yours?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

17 minutes ago, Azibo said:

IC: Sans, Turaga Hut

"Dark times indeed, friend."  Sans paused to smoke again, then allowed the smokey atmosphere to slowly dissipate throughout the hut.  After a time, he spoke again, "Stannis, this worries me greatly.  To battle a concrete foe is one thing- would may capture or incapacitate such a foe.  But to fight something more sinister, more magical... that is a foe not so easily abated.  Please, keep this to yourself as much as you can.  I don't want the Matoran to worry about being plunged into a thousand years of darkness under some ominous, evil spirits." Sans stretched his arms then rested his old hands around his empty mug once again.  "Do you think these spirits know of us?  Do you think we are in danger?"

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"They are as like to know of us as they are the crashed head of a massive robot that decimated this island, Sans," Stannis said humorlessly. "I will keep the knowledge of their presence a secret for now as you ask, but my mission to ensure protection of the Matoran culture has not changed—we must be prepared for when they come, however they do, and ignorance will not protect us. Eventually—not now but soon—I will want to mount a better exploration of the Fau Swamp to determine more about these ancient nemesis, and I will require the assistance of others to make up for the gaps in my skills. But furthermore, I can envision only one tool that we will be able to wield to safeguard against these Shadowspawn djinn, a weapon that can injure them and sustain our Faith at the same time.

"Sans, I speak of the Kanohi Avohkii—the Mask of Light. It must be found and recovered at all costs."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

For the first time … Kanohi verged on recognizing Toa Nale’s tone. The wariness, the beatness he had felt it, the Matoran here had all felt it. But for a Toa … but she had gone through the invasion same as he had, worse, she had needed to fight in it, he had just rescued people, she needed to risk her life. And now Mata-Nui was ... dead. Even a Toa would despair. And with so many Matoran dead, is it possible that to a Toa it might appear that they had failed?

Kanohi said quietly, “Toa Nale, I am sorry. Get some rest, you have more than earned it after everything. We might get close to Metru-Koro in this journey, is there anything you would like me to search for there?”

IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

The Vortixx smiled eagerly, might this be a new friend, and one with an airship? He spoke like a Cordak Blaster’s explosive barrage. “His name is Kanohi, he’s a Fe-Matoran who wears broken masks as armor. He’s one of the Matoran currently in the refugee camp Po-Koro, he’s been trying to track down his old friends. I believe a Toa Nale and a Toa Arkius live there too, I think they were companions of him too.

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

"I have heard of such a mask.  We have some Av-Toa among our ranks, and they could prove valuable assets in this struggle, but I do understand you.  A mask... The Mask of Light, is said to be a powerful Kanohi.  Stronger than any Av-Toa alone.  And incorrigible, unlike the hearts of men.  You have to accept there is a chance it's left behind and out in space, now.  But... well, Turaga Dume seemed to have hidden several powerful artifacts.  I wonder, if he was able to hide so much from everyone, could he have hid an Avohkii as well?  It's not like the Mask of Light would have helped in his fight against the Barraki, so I see no reason he should've unveiled it back then.  Of course, you know what this would mean, don't you?  Even if the Avohkii were somewhere in Metru-Nui... that place is cursed, now, a new Karzahni.  Any effort inside would be nearly suicidal.  We've had to halt our efforts in obtaining raw materials and spare Kanohi and Kanoka for the moment due to the dangers.  Maybe these new Skakdi have one they'd let us borrow, huhuhuhu."

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"You jest, but you are not wrong. Dume had no use for such a mask as it did not relate to the struggles of Metru Nui. The Avohkii is not on the old universe, it is here, and I sense we can find out more clues in the south. That is one of the reasons why I must explore the region more.

• Like 1

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro Greenhouses

Zadred sighed and nodded. "So long as we would be avoiding direct conflict and violence, I might be interested. I just need to make sure the crops are tended to while I'm away..." The small Bo-Skakdi turned around and picked her staff up off the table, fiddling with it in her arms as she looked over her shoulder. "When would we be setting off?"

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra nodded. So far she'd made great strides in mastering her power of the light, but she couldn't expect to master such advanced techniques in any short amount of time. "But Kohara, what of... the other thing? Is there anything you can tell me?" The 'other thing' Iradra referred to was the fact that her elemental light had healing properties, something she'd discovered shortly after becoming a Toa by saving the life of one Toa Datrox. Since then, she'd employed it where needed, mending wounds and curing ailments of those she came across like a some kind of a faith healer, only she was an actual healer. Slowly word of her gift had started to spread around the settlement, which meant she now drew some attention when out and about. Attention she wasn't necessarily comfortable with.

@~Xemnas~

IC: Barius - Fort Nektann

Barius ignored the other Skakdi as they scrambled to prepare themselves for 'Boss', hiding their drink and straightening their slouches. He never slouched, and did not drink in the garage; he had nothing to hide from Nektann except for his own murderous hunger for the older Skak's position.

He stayed where he was as the boss approached; and where he was, coincidentally, was in front of Parnassus, in just the position where Nektann would probably like to stand, if he intended to approach. If he did wish to stand there, he'd have to make Barius move.

• Like 1

"Well, in that case, I feel a bit better.  What are you thinking?  Night will fall soon; will you venture out alone under the cover of darkness?  Or will you sleep one night more then leave?  I can help you prepare however best I can, but I fear there's nothing I can truly give you.  You could sleep on my couch I guess, huhuhuhuhu."  Sans gestured to his makeshift couch- some hay under a repurposed curtain stretched over two or three pieces of scrap obtained from Metru-Nui.

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Parnassus glanced over at the first Skakdi to address them, and held up one finger as though to say, Gimme a minute here, my friend, before turning back to the Big Guy and grinning right back at him.

"You're not one of mine, are you?" they said, tilting their chin towards one of the many -- many-- kraata from this man's spine. "No offence or anything. It's not like I'm one to treat people like they're disposable or anything. But after enough people have come to you for a deal, some of them can, well, start to blend together a little."

The Aspect waved a hand to the rest of the Fort.

"You get it, right?" they continued. "Operation of this size, I can't imagine that you remember everyone you interact with on a daily basis."

With that, Parnassus slapped the side of their hoverbike.

"I've heard a lot about you folks as well, to be perfectly honest and reciprocal," they said. "Heard you folks are some of the best mechanics currently working. Now, my pride and joy right here is riding a little worse for wear nowadays, and I was hoping I might be able to bring it for a bit of once-over, you know? What that be all right, Mr...?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Gates

Irna, having been left holding both the map and new task, watched the Vortixx run off towards the airship for a moment. Then, looking over at the remaining sentry and giving them a shrug, she made her way back inside the town. Tucking the map underneath her arm, she slowly made her way over to Sans' hut where, waiting outside the door, she spotted ... what was his name again? Wave-something or other.

"Hello there," she said, giving the massive individual a small wave. "Are you waiting to see the Turaga as well?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC, Atamai: Metru-Koro

”We’ll head out as soon as we get some more people involved. C’mon, let’s see if we can recruit anyone else.”

Atamai and his newfound companion left the greenhouse, on the lookout for any potential explorers. 

Luckily, they didn’t have to look far; soon enough, Atamai spotted two familiar Toa.

”Jutori! Vashni!” he said. “I’m glad I ran into you. I’m putting together a team to join me in exploring the island, probably going to hit up those temples the scouts mentioned. Would you be interested? It’d be like when we were looking for the Great Disks.”

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly

IC, Kohara: Metru-Koro

”Well, I’m fairly sure that healing isn’t something I’m able to do myself, so I suppose the best advice I can give you is to use it as you wish. Our people need to be protected, so I could see you being able to help any injured people as well as help defend the village.”

OOC: @Onaku

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro

"One moment, please." Zadred said as she turned around and looked over one of the planters, searching for something between the plants until she seemed to spot it. "Kargon." She said, approaching a Kaukau wearing Bo-Matoran who was tending to a different crop, who turned to look at the Bo-Skakdi as she approached him. "I'll be leaving for a short while. Can I trust you to keep everything going in my absence?" The matoran nodded, putting away the tool he'd been using and standing half at attention. "Of course. I've been dealing with crops for most of my life. I can handle things here. And if I run into any trouble, I'm sure I can ask Tekmo or some other Toa of Plantlife to help out." The two smiled and nodded at each other, and then Zadred was off, following the Toa of Iron as he found two compatriots of his. While he spoke to the two toa, Zadred stood awkwardly off to the side, offering a small and polite wave to them before looking down and away, waiting for her newfound companion to finish his conversation.

@~Xemnas~ @Tarn @Snelly

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

"No, really, it's..." Nale paused, then sighed. "Good luck, Kanohi. And...perhaps a nicer bed, if possible."

@Harvali

IC: Jutori - Metru-Koro

"Atamai!"

Jutori smiled and fist-bumped the Toa of Iron, giving a nod to the Bo-Skakdi he'd brought with him. "The temples, eh? Sure. I'm a bit...braver since we went on the disk hunt. And taller."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

36 minutes ago, Azibo said:

"Well, in that case, I feel a bit better.  What are you thinking?  Night will fall soon; will you venture out alone under the cover of darkness?  Or will you sleep one night more then leave?  I can help you prepare however best I can, but I fear there's nothing I can truly give you.  You could sleep on my couch I guess, huhuhuhuhu."  Sans gestured to his makeshift couch- some hay under a repurposed curtain stretched over two or three pieces of scrap obtained from Metru-Nui.

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"I will leave when the time is right," Stannis answered, "and it is not right yet. I will stay a while, train the toa, 'inspire' as much as people care to be, and see what else I can do here. When I do go it will not be on my own—I already experienced how woefully ill-equipped I am to handle this quest by myself, and finding people willing to sojourn with me will take some effort. For now, I will rest, mingle, and share in the pyrrhic joys our people have in living to see another day."

He took another ponderous draw of his pipe, savoring the flavors of a world he may never see again and reminiscing of the adventures he had there, before sadly passing it back to Sans for one last imparting. "We have seen much, old friend. Does it scare you in any way that we do not know what is yet to come?"

• Like 1

OOC: and so a new quest begins for Kanohi: to get Toa Nale a better bed.

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded, bowed low with a jingling of broken masks, before stepping away. He unfolded his staff and began to walk through the camp, searching for anything else needing fixing. The staff would be missed from Po-Koro, but Vakama insisted he keep it, and the village had a number of regeneration disks, including a level six one. And he needed it to help the other refugees, and honestly? He still had a bit of a roughed up leg.

Still, he was less injured than Toa Nale, and if a Matoran needed help, he needed to be there. And there were many camps from what Collector said, and Kanohi had to be there for all of them. Duty and unity, even if destiny failed.

As Kanohi walked, he spotted a Bo-Matoran who did not seem familiar. “Um, hello Tobduk,” he greeted the Matoran as a survivor, after all, all Matoran were survivors now, “I do not think I have seen you before. What brings you to Po-Koro?

OOC: @Biological Chronicler Kanohi is speaking to Pardehi. For references Kanohi is a Matoran covered in layers of dangling broken masks, as makeshift armor. He has two silver gadgets built into his arms, and carries a staff that can fold up into the shape of a disk. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

17 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Rose - Metru-Koro (Love Shack)

"Crosswords? Am I that old? Oh, dear..." Rose took her wife's hand, looking almost distressed, "Sky, do I look that old?"

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-Koro -

Skyra waved as Vent took off, what a cute kid. She then looked at Rose. "What? No way! Leave the crosswords to some old geezer! As if we young people have time for crossing words, pfffft!" 

There was a long pause. "What the heck is Crosswords anyway?"

@Dane@Tarn

IC: Vashni - Metru-Koro -

Vashni nodded, "I think seeing Stannis is probably a good idea, I'm sure that he-" It was then that Atamai greeted them. "Ah Atamai, it's good to see you." She smiled warmly. 

"Exploring temples huh? No way I'm going to let you fresh Toa go alone..." Vashni blinked and then laughed. "...oh dear, I'm starting to sound like Stannis...I'm not that old..." 

@Xemnas

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Pardehi

"Greetings, tobduk." he replied in turn. "My name is Pardehi. I cam from the village to the west. We call ourselves Metru-Koro, you might have heard of us."

"I'm hoping I can buy some supplies for the infirmary Turaga Sans and I are running. Regeneration kanoka, Amana Volo spheres, bandages, that sort of thing. I knew I came to the right place when I saw that excellent repair job on the windmill. It looks a lot better than it the last time I came here."

"There is much that scares me, Stannis.  More than I care to admit."  He took a final, solemn drag from the pipe, and exhaled very slowly, savoring the taste.  "Thank you for sharing with me.  Maybe the Skakdi here have their own crops whose seeds we can buy and grow our own, huhuhuhu."  Sans passed the pipe back to the Wanderer.  "It makes me glad you will stay a minute more.  Your presence alone uplifts our humble community.  Do train the newer Toa; we seem to be confronted on all sides.  We need to be strong now, maybe stronger than ever before."  Sans looked towards the door, where he heard chatter outside.  "If that's all, then I'll let you leave.  It seems there's no shortage of business for me to conduct these days.  When I came to Metru-Nui, I dreamed that afterwards I could spend some time relaxing in a cabin on a hill far, far away, with some 'shine in my hand and a sweet sounding banjo on my lap.  Some dreams are worth the wait I guess.  Metru-Koro is nice, though.  As nice as can eb hoped for, I guess.  Here, at least we have each other."  Sans extended a hand to shake Stannis farewell.  "Thanks for dropping by.  I'll think over everything you shared with me.  Fare well, Toa Maru Stannis.  Through Unity, we'll fulfill our Duty, and one day reach our Destiny."

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Thank you for keeping our faith alive and well in the face of catastrophe. Maybe you can have your hilltop home some day; time will tell where and when. And do not hesitate to request me should my experiences or powers be necessitated more directly." The elder toa then got up, sucking at his pipe, and bade his farewell. "Mata Nui be with you, Turaga Sans."

He stepped out of the hut into the evening air and relished in the opportunity to stretch his back out at last. As expected, the former Dark Hunter waited to be admitted to the hut or, more specifically, for Stannis to leave. He looked to the blue-skinned Stelitan. "The turaga will see you now," he said surprisingly politely. "But—before you go in—what is your name?

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Oh um, we do have some disks, most of them are low level though,” Kanohi drummed his staff and looked away, “Sorry But they are from Ga-Metru so they are easier to aim. I can see if Dalu would be willing to spare some, she’s our sentry—

Yes, take them, there are like fifteen disks here, almost all of them duplicates,” a voice called from atop a hut. The two Matoran looked up to see a Ga-Matoran wielding a disk launcher in one hand and a Staff of Confusion on the other. A mound of disks surrounded her atop her perch, almost all of them from Ga-Metru. “Hey, Pardehi, you are a Bo-Matoran right? Give us some tips on what shrubs and cacti here are poisonous and which we can eat in a pinch, and you can have these.” 

She dropped a disk of remove poison and a disk of regeneration from the roof, the two of them rolling to the two Matoran. She rolled her eyes and huffed ”I swear to Mata-Nui, Kanohi, how the Karzahni did you carry all of them around? And why?

…I didn’t know you could reuse them at first,” Kanohi’s hands fluttered with unease, his armor jingling. “sorry. Oh, but Tobduk Pardehi, if you need anything regenerated in Metru-Koro, my staff can regenerate objects. Not like a Noble Kiril, but close. That’s how I fixed the windmill. I was already going to head down south with Toa Ulkarr, I could definitely visit Metru-Koro while I am there.

Kanohi’s optics lit up, though they were mostly hidden by the layers of broken masks, “Oh, maybe you can help us too. I was going south because a Vo-Matoran had been assaulted by a native Skakdi and was left in the wilderness. If you will journey with us, maybe you could help treat her if … her heartlight is still beating…

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

Edited by Harvali

12 hours ago, Dane said:

IC: Zai - Zakaz, The Mall

The Mall wasn't where Zai felt the safest, truthfully. As a rule, the hedge-skak wasn't the most social of beings. Small talk and the like never had much meaning except to try to to get in closer with the other participant, or to kill time. Neither prospect was interesting to Zai.

And the Riggers sprawling about The Mall made her particularly suspicious and on edge. Whilst the stories told about Yumi were somewhat humorous and definitely entertaining, they also indicated a hostility that kept her itching at her Kukri sheath with crimson claws. She'd gut any of these low-lifes if forced to, that was for certain. They almost made her appreciate Korio, she was certain he'd never try anything treacherous or murderous towards Yumiwak.

Obviously, Zai was the first to volunteer when her princess requested. The Ta-Skakdi's hand shot forward, her will already practically Yumiwak's in any case.

11 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig (Mall)

IC Yumiwak | The Rig

Immediately when Zai took my hand our wills doubled, and in doing so uncorked the bottles of elemental powers stowed in our bodies. With a mere thought, I could feel the minds of the crowd around me unravel. I sat down on a bench while I processed my ability and focused on its application to the people around me; I became lost in the wave of words and ideas that flowed by me like debris in a sandstorm. My people are a violent, sometimes debased bunch, and their thoughts run the gamut from wondering about the tides to carving spines with a spoon, but in a public space like the Mall people let their guards down in favor of communal tribalist behaviors, and in turn my psionic prying was unchecked... at least, at first.

Whatever it was Zai did with her flames I did not know, nor did I care to find out—though I would be angry if she accidentally immolated the people who's brains I picked.

I didn't have to press deeply at all to get a feedback, only the recently regurgitated memories and topmost thoughts along revealed a deluge without tipping people off to my shenanigan. Most of the people would feel a gentle breeze, maybe a momentary distraction or skipping of a brief thought, before it was all over. The words and images of the Skakdi in the Mall sounded off like the barks of a flock of gulls in my head, and I closed my eyes, thought about what to look for, and settled down to search for the puzzle pieces I needed. Everyone who thought of something associated it with other things, and the brain, a vast network of synapses and concepts, bridged one thing to another; if someone cared enough or recently about something, it could be sensed, directly or tangentially. As if plugging in a search engine, I could ping the thoughts that matched my keywords.

Toa. Matoran.

Of these, there were many. I should have expected as much; they were the talk of the town, and everyone seemed to have some thoughts relating to the scum from Mata Nui. Most of it was too much to rifle through and in fact rather inconsequential, or at least unhelpful, so I discarded it promptly. Adding further criteria narrowed things down considerably. 

Foreigner. Alien. 

I could spy out thoughts of the more mysterious people and happenings. Though some people still regarded toa and matoran under these terms, I could glean some memories of other beings. Walking eels, upright sharks, flying robotic enforcers, wraithlike undead howling for the coming of night. But there was at least a half a dozen who associated these words with something... someone... a big larger than a toa, and certainly unlike what people expected from the dead god's head. There was not enough to know why this was on people's minds, so I pressed a little more. 

Unknown. Frightening.

This brought up associated words that were flavor to my lips. Mesi, Warskaks, deaths, sensations of fear... music to my ears, and a sure sign that this was a tabloid story worth pursuing. One person's thoughts aligned best with this train, and a few more seconds let me determine who it was. No names, not even an appearance, just a general sense of where this particular Skakdi was. He was savoring yellowtail sushi, looking at a mounted takea trophy, and talking with a drummer. That was all I needed to know to begin my search in person.

My eyes snapped back open as I returned my senses to the flesh and took my hand back from Zai. "Noshimak's," I said bluntly. "I want to talk to someone who is at Noshimak's."

IC: Pardehi - Po Koro @Harvali

"You should avoid the bright-colored fruits as a general rule." He said. "That's their way of showing they're poisonous."

He pointed to a nearby bush. "Kofoharek roots are a good source of nutrition when you're out of food. Just dig up the roots and bite into them raw if you need to."

"You can also use their leaves as makeshift bandages. They are good for slowing blood loss."

He turned back to Kanohi. "A matoran in need, you say? I could hardly allow one of my brothers or sisters to suffer so cruelly in this place." He looked up at the sky. The sun shown warm and bright on his face. It was not even noon and it was already painfully warm. He had enormous sympathy for anyone stranded out here alone.

"I'll go with you. It sounds like you could use some help from a medical professional. I can drop off the supplies at my study."

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro.

Dalu grunted in thanks, before chucking another level one regeneration disk at him. “I swear he was a hoarder,” she muttered before shouting, “I’ll pass it along. You see anything on your trek here we can use to treat heatstroke? The only Matoran remotely comfortable here are Ta-Matoran, and Matoran of Plasma. Ugh, I swear to Mata-Nui why are there two regional names for those hot-heads? And why did that frost-bit idiot think making a Knowledge Tower here was smart? North doesn’t mean cold. No clouds, no shade.” She grumbled to herself, before adjusting in her perch and getting back to her post.

In the meantime Kanohi smiled breath his masks both broken and real, it was … it was good to see a new Matoran who wasn’t beaten yet. “Okay, together then. Oh, before we go, to Toa Ulkarr and leave, would you mind looking over a few of the injured here? Toa Nale has a limp, and a few of the Matoran are a bit ill.

Yeah, like you.” 

Kanohi blushed and avoided Pardehi’s gaze, “it’s … it’s nothing really, just a sprain at most. A lot of Matoran suffered worse during the Crash.”

OOC: @Biological Chronicler 

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Oh, you um, you don’t need to call me that,” Kanohi looked away, “You can call me Kanohi though, that is my name. I actually underwent naming day a few days ago.

And that was true, he may have gone by Kanohi for a while in Metru-Nui, but he had not undergone naming day to gain that name. But then some of the Matoran insisted and Turaga Jovan agreed and it, well, at least it was his real name now.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler feel free to just do a brief summery/montage of Pardehi treating some random NPCs, before having Pardehi go over to Nale and Kanohi to look at their injuries. 

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro (The Love Shack)

They hadn't thought of that. Travelling at night, even at the breakneck speeds they were used to, was quite dangerous. Vent sometimes caught the tail end of a raid aftermath when roaming the red sands of Zakaz, and it wasn't pretty. Danger was fun, though....

Vent looked to the both of them, and back to their board. 

"...Not exactly. I didn't mean anything by the crossword comment, by the way, I just dunno what you retired people get up to. But, no, not really. Can't tie myself down!" The Tiokaha grinned, although the prospect of staying in the shack rather than in whatever cave or ruin that they could find was very tempting.

Very tempting.

Another glance from their board to the couple.

"Well, I mean...do you think I could hang here for a few hours? Just for a bit of shuteye, I really will be out of your hair after that. I'm a light sleeper."

IC: Zai - The Rig (Mindfry)

Zai's eyes glowed as she felt the exchange of power between her and Yumiwak. It felt good. It felt too good! 

A blast of fire shot into the sky above them as she laughed, the rush of energy overpowering her senses. She'd almost wished she'd torched Korio, instead, but Yumi wouldn't have liked that.

The blast, combined with her spotty hearing, stopped her from hearing Yumiwak's conclusion.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

Edited by Dane

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

"Thanks, lady." Vent looked very happy at this. "Old man Sans? Sans is kind of a weird name. What are you gonna talk to him about? Is he a soldier too?"

Vent was tapping their foot again, their energy seemingly limitless.

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

"Oh." 

They hadn't even realised that the settlement might have a leader.

"Well, I'll stay here then. Don't want him to know there's a wanderer about. What's the word, vagrancy? Yeah, vagrancy, not allowed or something."

Vent paused. "Don't tell him I'm here either, actually."

Edited by Dane

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-Koro -

"I don't think he'll care, but alright then." Skyra said with a shrug. "Alright, I'mma head out." She gave them a wave as she started to walk out of the Love Shack. "You gonna stay here Rose or you wanna come to?" 

@Dane@Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nektann | Fort Nektann

He sniffed and spat, the phlegm becoming a glob of dirty and sand on the hangar floor. He nodded at Parnassus’ open ended question. “I know what you are, boogeyman. Everyone round here knows their place calls me Boss. You came all this way for a paint job? Don't see why you can't call me the same. You want a, a -- hold on just a moment.”

As Barius stood his ground and Parnassus spoke around him, Boss felt the angry physical challenge of his own henchman. He heard what the Aspect wanted. Just because Boss lost his eyes didn’t mean he couldn’t see. Miserix charged a hefty bargain. It was worth it. 

He could smell Barius’ stench and sweat from having been out in the dunes raiding in his ACR. The notes of grease from fixing his machine left a pungent stain in Boss’ nose. It almost smelled like his own boots after a day of hard work. Hard work for Boss meant lots of screaming and crying for others. One of his trash can lid sized hands clenched into a studded fist reflexively at Barius’ stubborn refusal to back down, then the fingers stretched out long and tight as Boss released his tension. He didn’t feel like fighting right now. Not now, not with a boogeyman under this roof. He wouldn’t mind demonstrating his power if he needed to though. He gave a diamond studded, toothy warning to Barius. There was a time and a place to challenge leadership, and in Boss’ mind now wasn’t it. He reached out to pat the upstart on the shoulder and remind him of his place.

"We got company, skaklet. Step aside, or I'll beat your hide and throw you into the Nightmare Pits myself. Lovely evening for making another tahtorak.”

The last skakdi to become a tahtorak didn’t live long. They met their end crushed by a falling skull from the sky. Who knew what might crush the next one.

OOC: @Conway, @Burnmad

For everyone else who's pinged me, please know I'm tracking those posts down and getting responses up. <3 It's been a lot of GM paperwork the couple days. We have over 53 PCs and almost half as many players. :br:

Happy chat.