Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-Koro -

"Alright, I'll be back soon~" Skyra waved as she walked off, grabbing a bottle of something out of the shack on the way out. 

As she walked through Metru-Koro, Skyra opened the bottle and took a swig of it before making a face. "The heck even is this stuff? Tastes weird..." She drank some more. 

It didn't take long before she could see Sans' hut in the distance, this drink was weird, but it was starting to make her feel pretty good! Skyra gasped as she saw a familiar figure coming out of the hut. "Hmmm? Is that Stannis?" Now Skyra didn't really know Stannis personally, but she was well aware of who he was. Back when she was still a Matoran the Toa had saved her from falling to her death. She'd uh, drove a vehicle right out of a chute that day if she recalled correctly. 

"Yooooooo Stannis! Heyheyhey!" Skyra started yelling from a distance at the Wanderer, started to run towards him before she tripped and fell flat on her face. "Ow." She promptly got back up and kept going like nothing happened. 

"Hiiiiiiii~" Skyra said as she reached the hut. "You probably don't remember me but like uhhhh...you met me when I was...shorter...like down hereeeeee..." She put a hand roughly at the height of a matoran. "Anywhooooo...what up Stan? I'm Skyra Daring! You may have heard of me...me and my wifey Rose cooked Carapar into roasted crab~" She took a long swig of her bottle. "What the heck even IS this stuff?" 

@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@Azibo

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Rose - Metru-Koro (Love Shack)

"Bye hun," Rose said, waving. She turned to Vent and looked around the room.

"Sure. Sky and I do anyways! Here."

The Toa of Fire grabbed a spare blanket and tossed it to them.

@Dane

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig (Mall)

Zai was being a little scary. The blast of fire made the Vo-Skakdi jump, but he quickly regained his tough appearance. A little fire didn't scare this bloke.

"You havin' fun over there, mate?" Kor asked her, but she didn't seem to notice. He shuddered and looked to Yumiwak. "Noshimak's, is that right? Then let's get movin', love. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat while we're out an' about."

@EmperorWhenua@Dane

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

The Tiokaha caught the blanket, the fabric warm against their hands. Already, it beat sleeping rough in the cold wastes.

Vent suddenly laid down on the floor, covering themself in the blanket and getting comfy. Even with the wooden floor, the warmth made it nice enough. What a nice couple!

"How'd you two meet, anyway? Was it on the battlefield? Did you guys nearly kill each other?" Vent asked, removing their mask to get fully comfortable.

OOC: @Tarn

"Kill eachother?" Rose echoed, then shook her head. "No, no, nothing like that. We were on the same side. Emotions are high when you're out there fighting, and one thing lead to another...and now we're here."

She leaned against the tiny kitchen's shabby counter. "We got married, our world ended, and now we're having honeymoon in this...lovely place."

@Dane

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"He is, but I believe there is a line now. Perhaps I can help instead?"

IC Yumiwak | The Rig

"Maybe," was all I said to Korio's point as I got up and got to getting. 

Noshimak's was a sushi bar on a far-flung section of the Mall, just overlooking a plunging wave generator and one of the new matoran foundry-tech waste dumps. Ghastly views, if you'd ask me, but first-rate fish—though the occasional complaint of toxins in the catch was brought up to management from time to time. Armed with the knowledge that the person I wanted to talk to was eating yellowtail and was chatting with a drummer, info I shared with my crew along the way whether Zai heard me or not, I strode in, planted my boot on the plank floors with authority, and surveyed the space.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked right back at me. One of the patrons groaned. There was a drummed next to him on the bar. "Ohhhh, ye must've been the funny feeling' I had a m'm'nt ago."

"Him," I said, pointing at the Skak. "Consider his tab paid. I want to have a chat with him. Come along now," I cheerily instructed. There was no cheer in my eyes. I turned on my heels and walked right back out. 

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

They looked at Rose with a brief twinkle of curiosity, before yawning and nodding. "Ah. Well, good night Miss!"

And with that, the Tiokaha laid their head on the wooden floor, and almost instantly fell asleep.

OOC: @Tarn 

IC: Zai - The Rig

The spiky Ta-Skakdi did little but enforce her lady's instruction, glowering at the mark. 

"You heard her."

OOC: @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Dane

IC Kilo-M9 - Metru-koro:

Scanning for threats...

No threats detected.

Beginning night patrol in 2.6 hours.

Atop the main wall of Metru-Koro, a metal guardian stood alone, staring out across the wasteland of Zakaz. By now the single sun was beginning to set, casting an orange glow upon the dusty expanse. For the machine known to most as Kilo-M9, it was the latest in a series of identical days. For the past few days, the mechanical enforcer had been acting as a guard for the newly-constructed Metru-Koro. After escaping the archives with Nale and Arkius the trio had found what shelter they could from their universe’s rocky arrival on Zakaz. Joining the exodus of former Metru Nui citizens was deemed to be the logical choice for the trio, leading them to assist with bringing supplies into the wasteland that was their new home. It was in those salvaging runs that the machine had obtained the new solar panel that was now mounted on its back. After all, there wasn’t going to be power where the refugees set up civilization, and the area near the fallen head was too dangerous to stay near when low on energy.

When setting up the foundations of what would be the new village, some of the refugees had expressed concern at their new robotic companion. After living under the Vahki for so long, some citizens were less than thrilled about having another robot overseeing them, let alone an obsolete model that had rebelled against the cities attempt to destroy it. The positive testimony of its former companions and the obvious strength at moving objects and willingness to help started to turn public opinion to something that might eventually be positive. With the initial construction complete, it was logical for the former law enforcer to take up a position in the villages rudimentary guard forces. The machine’s abilities and lack of boredom or tiredness made it ideal for the role.

Now, it would soon be time for the machine to leave its stationary guard post and begin patrolling the boundary of the makeshift town, as it had done the last few days. The solar panel meant that it could be always active in some way, though it also meant that the guardian had not entered sleep mode since before the cataclysm.

Scanning for threats...

No threats detected.

Beginning night patrol in 2.5 hours.

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Snelly@Tarn Feel free to come recruit Kilo for the treasure hunt.

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

8 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC “Collector” - Metru-Koro

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro gates

"Ah, so that's where they all ended up. I'll have to visit someday," Knichou replied, beginning to walk towards the gates. He turned to look at the vortixx. "Do they need me for something or were they just wondering if I survived?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro)

Ulkarr had not moved from where he was standing. Not even a little.

@Harvali

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Tekmo's Hut)

"Excellent! I'll introduce you to Turaga Sans. Don't worry, there's an ex-Dark Hunter wandering around, so I'm sure he'll let you stay here, even if its only temporary."

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Waveahk briskly answered both Stannis's and Irna's questions. "I am Waveahk, and yes, I am to see the Turaga. Right now, as it happens." And with that, he entered the Turaga's hut, rather quickly so he didn't have to be in Stannis's presence any longer than necessary.

"Turaga Sans. I need to talk to you about the slug in my arm. I believe I now know where it comes from."

@Azibo@EmperorWhenua@Conway@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

Navu's eyes widen. "Stay? With me? Not sure why you'd want to, my place's a mess and so am I."

@Tarn

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

"Even if you really do get something in return, throwing somebody into a pit just isn't good manners, you know? Me name's Enra, by the way. What's yours?"

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

Gnabol lowered his blade and relaxed a little. "Sorry. Just... just a little on edge, recently. I'm called Gnabol, by the way."

@Smudge8

IC: Klawne (Ruined Temple)

"Yes. We did. But that was... a long time ago."

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Gaius, Mar-Koro

The Swamp Toa woke up feeling no better than when he had gone to bed.  He laid between his sheets longer than usual, reveling in the dark as he contemplated his new circumstances.  Some strange warrior had aided him in defending his village only to die unceremoniously within the hour.  She had asked a favor of him both impossible on several levels and for reasons he didn't understand.  If it was a trap, it was a pretty bad trap.  

Sometime before noon, Gaius finally rolled out of bed and emerged from his home to the sight of a village busy with the work of avoiding the dead guy they buried out back.  Everyone was bustling about, too busy for small talk.  That suited Gaius just fine; he wasn't sure he wanted to talk about what happened.  Instead of chatter, Gaius walked towards the back of the village, towards an area of the settlement he avoided under normal circumstances.  Before he reached the graveyard, he stopped at a brick and clay building when he heard a loud crash escape from within.  While probably nothing, Gaius felt compelled to ensure a Matoran hadn't fallen into the furnace or something just as messy.  So Gaius stepped in, unannounced and slightly uncaring, where he saw the town's resident blacksmith half-buried under a pile of postmodernist ores.  

"Hard at work, as always, Ollodor?"  Finally, a smile stretched across the stoic Toa's visage.  "As always," the Fe-Matoran sarcastically answered.  Once standing, Ollodor kicked a few ores back towards the larger pile before working his way over to Gaius by the door.  "Believe it or not, I was organizing.  It's getting to be that time of the year where we start crafting some Kanoka again to restock the surplus, and I thought it might be easier to visualize where to begin if the ores were organized.  That's all out the window now, I suppose."  The two laughed together before Gaius made his way for the door once again.  "I'll leave you to your work, then.  I hope the others are as well-to-do as you, Ollodor." 

The streets were still busy as ever inside the walls of the forgotten, marshy hamlet, yet Gaius walked alone through the far-side gate.  Outside the walls, he stopped at the edge of several graves, each marked by a staff and shield protruding from the earth.  Across these five graves were many more, marked in their own unique way, but it was the freshly fondled soil beside the five graves that drew Gaius's gaze.  He approached the fresh burial mound and stared down at the dirt.  Maybe an hour passed as he stood there like a sad sentinel,  until finally he shook his head and turned back towards the village.  The Ta-Matoran on guard never looked his way as he walked back through the stone walls.

Gaius noticed many Matoran outside eating, and deduced it must be about lunch time.  He walked through the streets back to his home and prepared a simple lunch of roast lizard.  While the meat cooked, Gaius pondered his conundrum.  "If I take that body anywhere, we'd have to dig it up, which is fine, but still some work to be done.  There's no harm in leaving it buried for now; it's easier to just store it in the earth, anyways.  I don't need images of death lying around Mar-Koro."  Gaius shifted the pan in his kitchen oven's fire, exposing the lizard meat to different streams of heat. "She insisted I bring her body back to her team, though.  What secrets could a newcomer truly harbor?  What about her set her life above the lives of my Matoran?  Above my own life?"  A pop in the pan let Gaius know his lunch was ready.

The Mar-Toa prepared a plate and ate at a leisurely pace.  "Maybe this body is a curse, or some open-invitation for trouble.  If I don't bring her corpse back to her home, then maybe her comrades would seek it out themselves.  It'd only be a matter of time, then, before they found Mar-Koro.  And once that knowledge is out there that's the end of our seclusion.  Maybe the end of us all."  The rest of lunch was spent in silence.  Gaius cleaned his plate and went back to bed.  Only in the afternoon did he get back up and venture out into the village once more. 

This time, Gaius sought out Apus, one of the leading engineers of Mar-Koro.  He interrupted some business the Ba-Matoran had with two Ga-Matoran to discuss the feasibility of a large sled.  "It's no trouble, sir," the purple-and-grey Matoran assured the pink Toa.  His noble Rode's telescopic eye fixed itself on Gaius once the pair of customers left.  "What do you need?"

"That Titan who died inside our walls last night, I think I have to follow through with her dying wishes.  That body can't be laid to rest in Mar-Koro forever.  Its presence invites trouble. I think I need your help in finding a way to get it out of here." 

"That shouldn't be an issue."

"No, I don't think you understand me.  I'm talking, way out of here.  Like, I need to take that thing outside the Fau Swamp and over a hill or two."

"Oh... Well, I see how that's a bit more complicated, sir."  The Matoran paced behind his counter.  "Let me get back to you in a few hours.  After supper time, does that sound good?"

"That sounds good.  Thank you Apus.  If we can figure this out, I'll owe you something big."

Gaius left the engineer's shack and nodded to the Ga-Matoran who were waiting outside, indicating they were free to resume their business inside.  Thankfully, Gaius was left alone as he returned to his home once more.  He was fine talking with his friends and neighbors, normally,  but today wasn't normal.  No, today was of the kind where Gaius locked the front door behind him,  reached into his cupboard and took a swig of 'shine straight from the jar before lying back down in bed for second time before supper.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

"Even if you really do get something in return, throwing somebody into a pit just isn't good manners, you know? Me name's Enra, by the way. What's yours?"

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"I am Xane," he replied, "Pleased to meet you, Enra. I was begining to fear all of the locals were unhinged savages. I'm glad to see that is not the case." 

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

"Yes. We did. But that was... a long time ago."

IC: Sidra - Earth Temple

"Interesting." Evidently the history of this place was more complicated than it had first appeared, "How many of you are left?" 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Metru-Koro, outskirts

IC:

A lone figure strode, as unobtrusively as possible, toward the impromptu settlement she has been pointed toward. Behind the mouth guard of her mask Keitara pursed her lips as a mix of emotions roiled through her. There was excitement at seeing such a community of matoran working together, and a glowing pride in her people for their resourcefulness. But there was also an undercurrent of pain as well. The people of the once legendary city of Metru Nui had been reduced to living in what, despite all its trappings, was a glorified shantytown.

She shifted her glance towards her pack, which weighed heavy against her back. She attempted to adjust the bundle against her shield, wishing its collapsing feature hadn't seemed to have been rendered completely non-functional. And to boot she could not risk using her one intact weapon, its rhotuka,  for fear of the attention a geyser of light might bring her. If being a Toa of Light had made you a target in her old home, then here there was a good chance it would sign you a death warrant.

Looking down at herself, she checked for the hundredth time that the disguise of faded brown and tan was still intact. She had used the trick several times before, like... such as... 

She grunted in exasperation. Her memories had been muzzy ever since she awoke on this island.

She adjusted her pack once more. She must have injured herself beneath her armor during her mysterious "trip" to this island. The small of her back was far more sensitive than she ever remembered it being before. Perhaps there was a healer or surgeon of some kind she could consult here.

Well, no time like the present! She straightened her back, adjusted the rough travelling cloak across her shoulders, and strode into the settlement.

(OOC: if anything/one would have attempted to stop me before this point, please let me know. I'll amend/rewrite/replace this section if so.)

IC:

Never underestimate the spirit of matoran. Everywhere she looked Keitara saw Metru-Korans fixing their homes, trading goods, or simply standing around talking. She smiled behind her mask. 

Oh, that reminded her. She reached up to the side of her mask and gave it a hardy whack. The mechanism, which seemed to have gotten sand or grit in it during her arrival, finally freed itself. She felt the slight coolness of a breeze upon the exposed portion of her face and smiled even wider.

The local Matoran seemed as trusting of strangers as one might expect in such a situation, but eventually she managed to get a full response from someone.

Apparently the settlement was overseen by a Turaga of Water named Sans. Fitting, as aside from this she was mostly berift of context for this individual. 

Still, a settlement like this must have a toa team. And, well, toa stood head and shoulders above the average matoran.

She flushed slightly. Most did, at any rate. She had always been slight, even as a matoran, and it had likewise always been of mild embarassment. Putting this thought out of her mind, she began her search for the trees amongst the shrubbery.

All in all the search didn't take as long as it might have. She saw a small knot of toa standing outside a rather more salubrious hut, engaged in conversation with a diminutive figure she immediately pegged as a Turaga of Water. A grin spread across her face.

Attempting to look as non-threatening as possible she walked towards the group. They seemed to be in conversation, and while it felt rude to interrupt the idea of lurking at their edges waiting for an opening seemed an even greater faux pas.

"Hello! Hi!" she called as she approached the group. "Forgive my intrusion siblings, Wise One."

(OOC: @Azibo@EmperorWhenua@Conway@Snelly, I beleive? Sorry if I missed anyone/anything! Also apologies if I'm being rude, I assure you it is not intentional...) 

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

I … I believe our friends were just wondering if you survived. I … I will inform them when I return to Po-Koro,” Collector answered, staring after this Toa Knichou. Did … shouldn’t he be more excited? His friends were alive, and still wanted to be friends. Why … why did he not see the value in this? He still possessed more than just his airship, and that ship could be sunk by a mere Skakdi’s eye beams. Might it not be Knichou?

…No, even in the gloom and under the graffiti, Collector could see words the Taku written on the ship. It was Knichou, and he was wearing adaptive armor, the Vortixx knew the look. The late Nynrah Ghosts of Xia had always been agreeable with them, unlike the other Vortixx. Maybe they could have been friends…

Collector was a bit lost with how to feel about this Toa, but still thru returned to their bike, locked it, and then headed into the refuge camp of Metru-Koro. Personally they thought the name was silly and redundant, “city-village” was the translation, and that was … why? Why not Metru-Nuva: “new city?” Still, it was up to the Matoran to name their new town whatever they wanted. Even if it was a poor name.

As they walked towards Turaga Sam’s’s office, Collector could see a board erected in the city. They glanced at it, a Toa was asking others to join in hunting down Skakdi-Xa? That was … well, it probably would do the Matoran good to be more proactive, and with less Toa in town, Collector might seem more useful as a friend. But if the Toa died, and Metru-Koro fell without them…

This refuge camp of a village still felt too fragile. But maybe things had changed since they were last here? They wandered about, looks like the green house was a lot bigger now. Oh, and there appear to be Toa in front of it. So many gathered, but there was a Skakdi here too?

Hello, Toa-Heroes,” the Vortixx greeted them, eyeing the Skakdi, “You would not be here for the Skakdi hunt, yes?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Mazor-Wilderness @Toru Nui

Mazor nodded, He began to approach again, his body language was friendly. "Are you from around here, can you tell me where I am?"

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro Gate @Onaku

Jephro returned the gesture. "Thank's. I'm Jephro, Toa of Gravity. Although, I'm still getting used to that title."

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Finally arriving at the gates of Metru-Koro, Knichou noticed a familiar Toa waiting there. The Fe-Toa hadn't been planning on seeking out old allies while he was here - there was a lot to talk about and Knichou didn't want to talk about it. Apparently destiny had other things in mind.

"Arkius? What are you doing here?," Knichou asked with a raised eyebrow.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Irna | Outside Sans' Hut

"Excuse me, ma'am," Irna said, stepping up to the strange new woman approaching. "I'm afraid there's a queue to speak with the Turaga right now."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"Friends, friends, there's no reason to fight over me," said Parnassus, who was very keen that people should fight over them.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

23 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Irna | Outside Sans' Hut

"Excuse me, ma'am," Irna said, stepping up to the strange new woman approaching. "I'm afraid there's a queue to speak with the Turaga right now."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"Friends, friends, there's no reason to fight over me," said Parnassus, who was very keen that people should fight over them.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

-Void

IC:

Keitara nodded, then stepped to the back of the queue.

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

Arkius smiled at the younger toa. "Yes, well I'm always-"

"Arkius? What are you doing here?"

The earthen toa turned to look at the adaptively armoured Toa of Iron, an expression of mild confusion on his face. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. You are-?"

@Smudge8 @BULiK

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro

Zadred turned and looked at the Vortixx with a mildly horrified expression. "D-did you just say... skakdi hunt??"

@Harvali @Tarn @Snelly

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra nodded. "I'll try to... though my use of it thus far has... drawn some attention." She sighed. "Not exactly negative attention, to be clear, but... it feels a bit uncomfortable all the same."

@~Xemnas~

Yes, from the sounds of it a Toa is trying to rally others to hunt down some of the native Skakdi who raided this village,” The Vortixx answered, “I must have not been here during the raid, I’ve been busy transporting messages between the different refugee camps. You know, a Zyglak friend pointed something out to me, based on some maps I had of this island, this land is quite similar to Metru-Nui in its general shape. Barring this island’s size and the impact site of course. I wonder why?

OOC: @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly

Edited by Harvali

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Ah yes, they are a bit … aggressive, though a friend I own wonders if it’s only because our impactful arrival smashed their west coast. Still, the Toa will be able to deal with them, they are … dependable to their friends.” Their voice quivered slightly. 

More importantly, this Skakdi was a fellow refugee, what did Kanohi call them, a Tobduk?

Regardless Collector continued, “I try to avoid the natives when I carry news, I can never tell if they have heat vision or the like, and that range is … dangerous. My bike is not well suited for this island as is, I would not need it melted. And some can even use their elements on their own.

…This Skakdi, she might have used her element. And she was not a Toa. That … that might be an idea. They suddenly swerved to face the Skakdi, their head inches from her teeth, “I am Collector, what is your name?

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Harvali

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Koro

A tiny lizard listening to the conversation between the vortixx and the others in the ramshackle shantytown built over the graves of their lizard people grew deeply concerned about the vortixx saying, "a friend I own."

But then, she was just a lizard. An educated lizard educated at a lizard school, but a she was still just a lizard.

Maybe the bigger you got, the more you lost sight of the fact that ownership is a system of conscious thought dependent on self-awareness and the concept of separation from other things. Maybe being closer to the great fluffy sky cotton the birds called clouds increased one's sense of self importance. 

"By becoming self-aware, you gain ownership of reality; in becoming real, you become the master of both inner and outer life," her mentor Deepak Chopra wrote in one of his self-help books. Perhaps the vortixx sought to own themselves and placed this desire into their friends?

She got distracted by a fly and wandered off into the grasses behind the boulder she'd been sunbathing on. She had more important educated lizard business to attend to anyways.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

"Riiiiiight... you haven't seen me since you and Nale left for the front lines. I've had a bit of a growth spurt since then - I've even had to make the pilot's seat on the Taku bigger in order to fit comfortably."

Edited by BULiK

The kid was asleep quicker than she expected. Rose looked out the window and waited for Skyra to return, humming a tune to herself as lightstones began to dot the village and the sky got darker.

@Snelly@Dane

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

"If it's a bother, I can find somewhere else. But it's just for the night. And the night is setting upon us quickly, it seems," I said, looking to the sky.

@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Metru-Koro

"Skakdi hunt?" Jutori chimed in, turning to the Bo-Skakdi and the Vortixx that had just arrived. "No, we're just going to be doing a bit of exploring, right, Atamai?"

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Kohara: Metru-Koro

"Well, us Toa don't exactly blend in," Kohara said, chuckling a little. "The more you use your power, the more attention you'll call to yourself. You'll get used to it eventually."

IC, Atamai: Metru-Koro

"What? Yeah, no, we're not doing any sort of... Skakdi hunt. We're just exploring. That's all."

"I know, I know, I've put on a fresh coat of paint. Unintentionally, of course. It's a... long... story, but to put it simply, things did not go to plan, and then when I made more plans they didn't work out that well either. I did survive at least, and apparently you and Nale did as well"

Edited by BULiK

OOC: @Snelly if you want to examine the weird suspicious Vortixx more closely, you have permission from me to mind read, I have an idea of what she would see.

Friends needed personal space from each other? Why? Oh, but Zadred was not their friend yet, of course. Silly Collector, getting too excited.

Collector stepped back and said, “Ah, apologies. I just … rarely have the chance to make friends with any Skakdi. Do you know if the tools you use to use your elements, could other breeds use them too?

Then they heard two of the Toa mentioning exploring, and Collector pivoted to them like a Rhotuka spinning. “Exploring? That sounds very fun, for friends to do. Where would you like to explore?

OOC: @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Onaku 

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

Arkius furrowed his brow and nodded. "Yes, survive is a word for it. Well, I'm glad to see you're still around as well, not to mention taller. I suppose I'm curious about the change in colouration, but that can be a question for another day. Now, you asked me what I'm doing here, and the answer is quite simple. There was an attack on the village, some Skakdi brute, one of the natives. I intend to track him down to his fellows and ensure those thugs don't mess with us again, and I'm inviting anyway interested in protecting the matoran to come with me. Would you be interested? Put those new powers of yours to the test for a good cause?"

@BULiK

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro

The diminutive skakdi blinked. "I... uh... don't know?"

@Harvali @Tarn @Snelly

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"I don't know... maybe... I suppose I'll trust that you are right."

@~Xemnas~

IC: NU-8020S (Wilderness, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S was self-aware, but she certainly wasn't the master of her life. Otherwise, she wouldn't be here, out in this miserable wasteland, nor would she have to take orders from those disgusting sacks of meat who called themselves 'kings'.

Thankfully, she did not have to expose her, nor her squad member's, perfectly-designed shells to the outer elements, at least not for long. She had taken one of the Vahki Transports that had been relatively undamaged by the... 'migration' to Zakaz. Two of the squad were at the controls, driving through a seemingly infinite horizon of nothingness, while the rest were in the hold in stand-by mode.

If Takadox was anywhere on this desolate island, the Vahki would find him. Even if it took an eternity.

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Tekmo's Hut)

"Opinions on... what? What's in the bag, Skorm?"

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

"Well, if you've really got no other options, I guess I can't refuse you. Follow me, or something." Navu began to lead Datrox to her home.

@Tarn

"Aw, that's kind of you. Well, if you wanna avoid the locals you're best sticking with me, mate. I know this island like the back of my hand. I can't actually see the back of my hand 'cause the gloves are on, so that's how you know I'm not fibbing."

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness)

"I arrived here in that giant metal head, so your guess is as good as mine. There's that floating giant bubble, though, so that's something."

@Smudge8

"I don't know. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one left, but that can't be true. Can't be. If I survived, it must therefore stand that others did as well."

@Nato the Traveler

Metru-Koro, outside Sans' hut

IC: Keitara shifted slightly from one foot to the other. Gods and Great Beings, she could walk up to a group as bold as brass but give her the attention of one being and her composure shattered.

"My name is Keitara, Toa of L...Stone. And, um, you're right, as it happens. I'm..." she looked to the side somewhat sherpishly. How could anybody expect her to help guard their people if she couldn't even keep composed in a conversation?

"...well, as it happens, at the moment I don't properly recall where I am from." It was a half lie, yes, but something held her back from playing her whole hand until her mind was in better order. There were still gaps in her memories, that much was true. Parts almost felt as though they had happened to other people. "I'm assuming my journey was unorthodox though. I feel like I've been struck by lightning." She chuckled nervously, and turned her eyes back towards the zyglak before her.

(OOC: @Conway)

20220406_234727.jpg

OOC: got some feedback on Collector, will try to write them a bit different now. I.e. less like Kanohi. Feel free to give me feedback on the adjustments.

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector hungered like a Avsa, looking at the Toa here. Look at these three, strong, able to use their elements naturally like the wind could use air, beloved by the Matoran. That was the key, the Toa could do no wrong in the optics of the Matoran. The adoration, the respect, they could never lose that, no matter their failures or their oddities. They would always possess the heartlights of the Matoran. 

Imagine, having that loyalty, that unity, that friendship. Something that could endure the destruction of the universe itself. Collector had lost too much, they couldn’t lose anything else. They needed the stability of a friendship between the Matoran and their Toa. They needed to be a Toa. Somehow. 

It is likely just a foolishness of mine, Tobduk Zadred,” admitted Collector, “Your species have their own elemental affinities, your weapons just can tap into it. Still, it would be interesting to carry that kind of power. What is it like? I have an elemental weapon of my own, but I suspect that they  not the same. After all, a freezing blade lacks true ice elemental energy.”’ They gestured to the Kanoka blade hanging to their side. It had been modified, so that the Lightstone in its pummel glowed cyan despite its owner’s lack of element.

I wonder, Toa,” they mused, “Since this island so resembles Metru-Nui in its shape, though not proportions, could this island’s greatest relics roughly be found on places corresponding to where the Great Disks were hidden in Metru-Nui?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Tarn @Onaku

Edited by Harvali