Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Pardehi - Po - Koro @Harvali@Toru Nui

"I just took a taxi crab, I don't have an ussal of my own." he said. "But I did see an ussal merchant moving in on my way here. He had a lot of ussals left I saw. If we hurry we might be able to rent a few for ourselves." He turned to look up to Ulkar, squinting his eyes. He was not used to having to look up at someone like that. "Are you okay to ride with just one crab?"

IC: Tugarak - Coliseum @Nato the Traveler

"Make yourselves comfortable, this might be a while. "

His crewmen saulted him as he stepped onboard. He took his seat without a word, and ordered them to start the takeoff sequence. The cables and ramp retracted. An aperature appeared at the end of the chamber to the prow of the ship, flooding the bridge with light. There was a low hum as the Ripple ascended into the air, sending vibrations throughout the ship. He gave the word and they rushed forward, exciting the aperature into the world of heat and light beyond. The Ripple was airborn again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Temple

Sidra pushed against the suva towards the left, and to her surprise it groaned with the internal churning of gears. Slowly, and with an obstinance born of centuries of disuse, the white marble suva turned. It took all the strength she had to move it even an inch, but it turned.

IC: Sidra - Ice Temple

"Haha, yes!" Sidra cheered, though of course there was no one there to hear it. She kept pushing until the painted panels were aligned with the nearest of the twelve columns, hoping to hear some kind of click that might indicate she had activated something. 

There were, theoretically, six possible numbers to be gleaned from the panels. She was going to try them in sequence from left-to-right. If that was incorrect, it was going to take a lot of arduous trial-and-error to see how this worked out. 

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth)

Oh good. Because she did not want to have to deal with those guys. Again.

"Alright. We just have to follow the river of lava, which will take us into the horrible volcano of ritualistic sacrifice." Her vision returned to normal, and she turned to Xane with a questioning look. "You really sure 'bout this?"

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth. 

"I'm sure," he nodded, "No one's making you come with me, though. I would welcome company, but I won't force you." 

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S's reaction time - as a machine, superior to organics in every way - was quick. But not quick enough to stop Triki. Even as she tried to grab hold of the hearing-impaired sack of organs and yank him away from the window, said window was changing before her optic sensors - into acid.

IC: Whisper - Northern Desert

Her tendril recoiled as the window suddenly dissolved into something that steamed and hissed. She wasn't entirely sure if it was an intentional attack, or a particularly impractical attempt to open the window. 

"That was rude," she hissed.  

4 minutes ago, Biological Chronicler said:

IC: Tugarak - Coliseum @Nato the Traveler

There was a low hum as the Ripple ascended into the air, sending vibrations throughout the ship. He gave the word and they rushed forward, exciting the aperature into the world of heat and light beyond. The Ripple was airborn again.

IC: Zaliyah - The Ripple

"Put us down outside the camp boundary," Zaliyah called to Tugarak, "We don't want them mistaking this for an attack." 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Ghost Thom parts courtesy of Dane.

IC: Nale Vella and an old acquaintance - "Po-Koro"

Nale's eyes snapped open, and she found the room was dark as if it were the dead of night. There was the distinct feeling someone else was there. "Heya, sweetheart." A familiar voice spoke, from the darkness. An amber eye glowed, and an uncanny, yet instantly recognizable shade revealed himself to Nale. "How ya doin'?"

"Did I die in my sleep?" Nale asked the apparition, shoving her face into the cot. She prayed this was another nightmare.

A mango seemingly appeared from nowhere in his hand, and the Skakdi bit into it gleefully. His trademark eyepatch sat on his face, though oddly misaligned. "Well, been a minute, 'asn't it? Ya 'aven't forgotten about me, that's comfortin'."

"Hard to forget," the Toa of Magnetism replied, muffled. She raised her head again, blinking a few times as her eyes adjusted to the shadows. The apparition of Thom wasn't going away. "You followed me into the Archives, tried to fight me, and then when it seemed like we'd reached some kind of understanding you died." She got out of bed and stepped closer. Yep, that was Thom, looking just as...Skak-y as ever. "What are you doing here? Why haunt me?"

"This ain't about me. Wish it was. Ah'm jus' a memory, you got real issues goin' on. Like ya boyfriend.” A gleaming grin. She frowned. “'Ave to say, sweetheart, terrible taste in men." He said those last words in a joking manner, but Nale might have been able pick up an odd feeling buried beneath. "Ah mean, bloody karz, ah thought ya were just unlucky with One-Eye, but clearly there's a pattern goin' on. Karvan musta kissed bloody good, cuz his personality didn’t loo-"

Nale's palm met with the Ko-Skakdi's face with a satisfying SMACK. A flood of images flashed in the Fa-Toa's mind, and the sound of a razor whale breaching echoed outside the shack. "You...you shouldn't know who that is. And you don't have any right to say his name around me. He's dead, and if he isn't dead, I hope I never see him again." Thom recoiled just a bit from the slap. A chuckle, and the former Hunter's trademark grin. "Sorry. Ah am tryin' ta help ya. Just...ya know."

The Ko-Skakdi flexed the few muscles on his biceps that he had, before looking back at Nale. "Look, Nale, tha gunshot's gonna keep ya housebound for a few more days. But after that, what's ya plan? Ya just gonna sit around? Ya became a Toa for a reason, love. Don't reckon it was to be taken outta commission by a devillishly handsome Ko-Skakdi. Well, and tha apocalypse, but…" 

He trailed off. Nale was looking at the floor, apparently avoiding eye contact with the apparition.

"Think it over, Nale. Ah died ta save ya, don't waste ya life. Reckon ya owe me that much for ditchin' the duel." 

And with that, the shade disappeared.

The Toa of Magnetism was alone again.

Nale returned to bed, and almost instantly her eyes opened again. It was day. She still couldn't tell if what she experienced was a dream, or a ghost, or...whatever. But it was certainly odd. The Fa-Toa rolled over to look at the wall. Outside, the world continued without her.

"Karz it."

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru Koro:

Hours stretched into days stretched into weeks. Or maybe months? Kat didn't know really. She wasn't really big on time management or one to keep track beyond, 'will it be dark soon?' What the Toa of Fire did know was that her blood and spirit were boiling. Every part of her yearned for a fight, for a challenge, for the heat and thrill of battle. But here in this new place it was hard to know who was friend or foe. So she wandered around the only place she knew was friendly, her spirit blazing with no outlet and lost among people she did not know.

Even the Toa here in this place were strange, at least to her. They felt wrong, disconnected to the elements. She found it difficult to get a read on them. At least the food was good, though she'd never been a particularly picky eater. Barbeque sauce was a new favorite for her. Mukau had never been so flavorful as this before. As she wandered the roads, she munched away at her meal.

OOC: OFI

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

Stannis? The name sounded almost familiar. I turned to the oddly-colored Toa who was scratching his arm, raising an eyebrow. "Is there a problem, friend?"

@Onaku@Smudge8@Biological Chronicler

IC: Korio Karasha - The Rig (Mall)

The Vo-Skakdi rushed out of the store with a set of curtains over his shoulder, the shopkeeper shouting at him. "Right away, Miss Yumi, right away!"

He began to drag the deceased away, humming a tune he'd first heard when he was just a Skaklet. Good times, those were. Violent times. When he reached the edge of the platform, he gave a mock salute, followed by Kor crossing himself. The tune he was humming now a dirge, the Vo-Skakdi tossed the dead man overboard, then spit into the water where he landed. Korio returned to Yumi and Zai.

"Cool dude taken care of, love."

@Dane@EmperorWhenua

IC: Rose - Love Shack

Rose answered, finding an odd-looking Steltian holding a drunk Skyra. "Oh, hun. Guess she got plastered. Thank you for bringing her home, uh...? What's your name?"

The man reminded her of a mermaid.

@Toru Nui@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro)

Ulkarr moved his head slightly to face Pardehi. "If there's enough room, certainly."

Klawne still wasn't entirely sure about what Ulkarr was. He thought at first these new Matoran, Toa and Turaga just had strange new masks, but Kanohi and Pardehi both had ones she recognized. And he seemed to be confused by Kanohi asking what his was. Still, he was offering to help someone he didn't know just like her, so who was she to pry?

"Alright then. I don't have money, so, uh, you'll be able to afford this, right?"

@Biological Chronicler@Harvali

IC: Ostrox (Metru Nui Airspace, The Ripple)

Ostrox looked somberly over the ruined landscape of skyscrapers they passed over. Not for the immense loss of life, of course. The Matoran had to pay the price for their arrogance. But this place - this place birthed from decadence and zealotry was now his new home. His old home was floating around in space somewhere, at best. All because of him - that worthless, rotting carcass.

What had Pridak been thinking when he assigned that obviously treacherous creature the most important device in the universe?! Of course, he couldn't exactly ask Pridak. Not only would he likely be killed for it, Pridak didn't remember Mazor. Nobody did. Except him. Why? Was it his resistance to psionic attacks? Or was he spared on purpose, as a means to torment him? He couldn't exactly seek vengeance on Mazor without permission from his masters.

Mantax might have been willing to listen, but they had centuries of rapport with each other, whereas he had only been serving under Pridak for seven days. It wasn't as if he had any physical proof of Mazor's existence to begin with. All the paperwork on him was in the old Fortress - which, again, was adrift in space, where he couldn't get to it. And if Mazor ever showed up, Ostrox couldn't just kill him as soon as he saw him - nobody knew of his crime. Nobody knew he was a traitor, not even Irna, who had witnessed him sell out the universe to the false god. Who, by the way, was also missing. How convenient.

And now, he was going to make peace with their eternal enemy. He wasn't sure if Arkius and Nale - the killers of Mantax - were part of the 'Metru-Koro' settlement. But if they were, he would be denied vengeance on them, as well.

His lord was dead. He was not loyal to the League. He was loyal to his lord. His lord was part of the League. Without his lord, the League...

Thoughts for later. For now, he would at least have the opportunity to enjoy the inevitable train wreck that would be negotiating with insane, self-righteous xenophobes.

@Biological Chronicler@Nato the Traveler

So. It was intelligent. That meant it could be reasoned with. Maybe.

"We apologize. The reconstitution of the window was-" She glared at Triki. "-unauthorized." She shifted focus back to the creature. "What is it you require from us?"

@Nato the Traveler@xccj@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Love Shack)

"Waveahk." He came inside the house, and laid Skyra calmly on the sofa.

"She was loitering around the Turaga's hut, if you were worried. Speaking of which, he has invited you two to help me on a mission, to perform reconnaissance on a potential threat to this settlement. Interested?

@Tarn@Snelly

"I'm not gonna leave you to go in that place alone. You seem like a nice bloke. Plus, I, uh..." Enra stroked her frills with her hands. "...don't have much going on, right now."

@Nato the Traveler

7 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"I'm not gonna leave you to go in that place alone. You seem like a nice bloke. Plus, I, uh..." Enra stroked her frills with her hands. "...don't have much going on, right now."

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"As I said, I welcome the company. Let's go." 

7 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"We apologize. The reconstitution of the window was-" She glared at Triki. "-unauthorized." She shifted focus back to the creature. "What is it you require from us?"

"I require satiation," she replied, ceasing her flight to carefully cling to the side of the transport, "Of my curiosity." 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"...What are your questions?"

@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Love Shack)

"We'll meet outside the Turaga's residence next morning. I need you well-rested, you understand." Waveahk left the two's house, and began to make the walk to his own hut.

@Tarn@Snelly

Enra and Xane made their way, following the lava stream at a safe distance, to find the access point to Irnakk's Molar.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

3 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"...What are your questions?"

"What are you all?" She crooned, "I have spent years roaming these wastes, and never met anything like you." 

• Like 1

IC: Lueiji - Northern Desert

Lueiji flips a finger upwards, ready to answer Whisper (whom he had deemed currently not planning on eating them); but it's not long before that finger starts scratching at his head in befuddlement instead.

"That'sa good question," he mumbles aside to Mahryo. "What are we?"

@xccj @Edelgard @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Like 1

"Purely mechanical?" Whisper whispered, "Intriguing." 

The beings of this new world were clearly far more technological advanced than the skakdi of the wasteland. It seemed unlikely that a kraata would be able to bond with a machine, though, so there was little chance of her being able to perform rites with this being.

Still, it was being quite forthcoming with information, so she continued her questioning.

"Law and order... curious concepts in a place such as this," she mused, "Whose laws do you intend to uphold?" 

• Like 1

IC: Providence - Out on the Wastes

Providence moved his legs like pistons, developing a great forward lean in order to make himself more aerodynamic. Eventually, with Vent slowing slightly, he was able to catch up and keep pace with his newfound friend. The moving of his legs became automatic, and with no need to breathe, he was able to speak with them.

"So, are we just going to run around until we find something interesting?" He asked.

OOC: @Dane

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-Koro - Love Shack -

Skyra groaned a bit as she stirred in the couch, her head was killing her...what the heck was this? "Ughh...why does it feel like a woodpecker drilled into my head?" The Toa of Air looked around from the couch, confused. 

"Weird...I don't remember coming home...wasn't I talking to Stannis? Erk...I feel sick..." 

@Tarn

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

Arkius glanced at Falh for a moment with an unreadable expression, before looking back to Stannis. "We're going after the Skakdi marauder who attacked this settlement. We're going to track him down to those bandits he belongs to that murdered the scouting party before that, and we're going to make sure they don't cause our people any more grief."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Mahryo - Northern Deserts

"We are heroes, brother mine!" Mahryo clenched his fist with determination, lifting it to the sky - and bumping it on the roof of the transport. "Adventurers, seeking out villainy to stomp it out! And... also mechanics, of some kind...."

He trailed off, scratching the back of his head as he became lost in thought.

@Toru Nui@Jakura Nuva@Nato the Traveler@xccj@ZippyWharrgarbl

• Like 1

IC: Rose - Outside Sans' Hut

The next morning, Rose packed some MREs and donned her mechsuit for the first time since they'd made landfall on Zakaz, and Skyra had a hangover. The pair of military lovebirds walked hand-in-hand to Sans' hut, where the larger Ta-Toa proceeded to lean against it with one hand. "Now...where's fishboy?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-Koro -

Skyra's head hurt, she had a canteen of water in her hand that she was steadily drinking, hoping that it would help cure her hangover quickly. She'd just have to tough it out for a bit. Much like Rose, Skyra was donning equipment she hadn't bothered with since they arrived on Zakaz. She had her jetpack, along with her two guns and various sharp objects she carried around with her. She looked more ready to start a small scale war than a simple reconnaissance mission, but she never went out unprepared. 

Especially on an island like this, full of unknown dangerous. Shoot first ask later would always be words to live by! As long as she didn't get spooked by a surprise bunny...she felt really bad for what happened to the last bunny... 

"He's late...that means we have to haze him.""

@Tarn@Toru Nui

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Zai - Zakaz, The Rig

Cool pants?

She didn't question Yumiwak, and only barely acknowledged Korio with an eyebrow raise. 

"As you say, Lady Yumiwak." The spiky Ta-Skakdi replied. Were her interrogation tactics needed, she'd be happy to oblige.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

A now characteristic grunt at Arkius' confirmation of the plan, but followed by a more suspicious, and maybe paranoid stare from Falh at Datrox's question. He'd not spotted him, had he? No. 

"I'm just fine, firespitter." Falh assured Datrox, breathing in and exhaling in an attempt to try and focus off the scratchy feeling. He was the ultimate. The ideal. It would pass. 

OOC: @Tarn @Smudge8 @Biological Chronicler @Onaku

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Wastes

"Looks like it! Hopefully we'll find one of these places before we run into any Skak warbands. Hate those guys, total bummer when they start trying to kill you!"

The two were currently heading North from Metru-Koro, at considerable speeds due to Providence's newfound ability to leap and Vent's board.

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Dane

IC: Providence - The Wastes

"Bah! The Skakdi are harmless," Prov countered. "If they try anything, they can be pacified easily."

He wasn't lying; however, his perspective on the Skakdi was formed by his never having left the Kumu Islets before now (and, indeed, never having met a Skakdi), and so he had a much more subservient image of them than most.

OOC: @Dane @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

"Haven't been called 'firespitter' in a while," I replied. Falh seemed on edge, but other than that...he was an ally here, I had nothing to be suspicious of. Did I? "As long as you're fine."

I turned to Arkius, trying to simply ask a question and not interrupt the discussion between him and Stannis. "Are we heading off soon?"

@Dane@Onaku@Smudge8@Biological Chronicler@EmperorWhenua

IC: Rose - Outside Sans' Hut

Rose grinned at the suggestion. "Heh, that'd be fun. Poor guy didn't know what he was signin' up for when he got picked to do recon with Rose and Skyra."

@Snelly@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Metru-Koro

The Ba-Toa did his best to inform Kilo of their plans. "We're going to do some exploring and check out some temples the scouts reported, look around and see if we find anything interesting. A bit like the disk hunts back in Metru Nui, only...well, there's no disks to find, just...whatever is in those temples. Would that be stealing?"

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Onaku@Harvali@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - Le-Metru

Saybo cleared the debris of the Archives, letting himself float in the air, taking in his surroundings. It didn’t look much better above ground either. He took a stab and guessed he was in Le-Metru, what with all the broken Chutes around him. He absentmindedly lifted up a hand to block the sun to get a better view and…

There was a giant, gaping… HOLE IN THE SKY.

Saybo’s entire worldview shook around inside his head and he lost concentration, falling to the ground in a heap as his Miru deactivated. He laid there, vision growing slightly dim as he tried to just keep breathing. His aches and pains from the slight fall not even registering.

The sky… was torn open. There was a mountain outside. A world… outside the world. What’s happening? Saybo tried to rationalize what he saw. It’s an illusion, a trick. No, I must still be in stasis, dreaming.

Continuing to stare in dumbstruck wonder, Saybo laid on the ground for a good half hour, waiting for the illusion to fade. But it didn’t. It didn’t.

Impossible.

Saybo looked to the ground for a few minutes, surprise and shock fading away into the distance as if he had never experienced them. Okay. Fine. That’s life now.

Standing up, Saybo calmly brushed himself off. He reactivated his Miru, rose up a few yards by tugging on the water in his containers, and looked out on the horizon, ignoring the gaping hole in the sky. Well, everything looks destroyed in some way. Whatever happened must have been quite intense. At least the Coliseum seems intact. I’ll head there and see if anyone is still around.

Letting himself float to the ground, Saybo removed his mask, letting it dangle on its chain. The world felt as if it was suddenly cut off from him. Sensations felt distant, the slight confusion returned. Even his limbs were now stiff and slightly sluggish. He could still feel the water around him, but it too was muted, a drab, thin coat of color compared to what had moments before been so vibrant and lush.

He began to walk, crawling over rubble and buildings that had lost their footing and fallen. Along the way, he did run into several inhabitants and gathered some information. The Six Kingdoms had devastated Metru-Nui. There was some new island called Zakaz. And now Pridak was the rightful ruler of the known universe, or apparently what was left of it.

The biggest shock came when he was told the Dark Hunters had been disbanded. In that moment his heart did stutter, stopping for a fraction of a second. That… now that was worse than seeing a hole in the sky. His whole world revolved around the Shadowed One and his Dark Hunter brothers. Without them, he had no purpose, no one to protect and provide for. He was lost, adrift in nothingness. Lost to the Field of Shadows, never to see his way again. He was certain a breeze would come and he would simply fall apart, organics dried up and drifting away like ashes.

His mind, however, would not allow it. The Dark Hunter programming that had been implanted to trick his mind away from Mata Nui and his real home island quickly reacted to the news, and along with help from his brain, thought up a solution right quick. The League was now his home island; his family. Pridak was his Great Being; his leader and guide. Just as he had forgotten Mata Nui and his real home island, so too did he put behind his role as Dark Hunter. It was his past, yes, but Pridak was his future, and his mind assured him that Pridak somehow always had been.

Saybo smiled and patted the Vortixx that had told him this news on the back, thanking him for his help with a laugh. After all, Saybo did still have an image to uphold, no matter how much he didn’t feel. As he walked away, still heading for the Coliseum, Saybo figured he should be glad. Today had been full of faint and fleeting emotions so far. More than he had had in years. The tastes were invigorating and gave a small spring to his step as he clambered over broken Chutes and ruined vehicles.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - A week ago - Fau Swamps

Sorilax was busy creating more papyrus for new scrolls on the fringes of the Fau Swamps. He had spent most of his life traveling to his fellow Aspects’ temples, getting kicked out before he could document their homes. He had traveled Zakaz extensively, avoiding the natives whenever possible, as they tended to muddy up any investigation with all of their murder and greed, not too unlike his own kind. He had even just finished documenting the outsides and above ground structures of all the ruins on the island. A decade well spent if he did say so himself.

Now it was time to take a peek inside those ruins, figure out where they came from and what they could teach him. That’s why he was here at his little hidden Fau Swamp house on the outer edge of the island, where the reeds grew strong and thick and where the dangers of the swamp were slim. He was going to create several more scrolls so that he didn’t have to interrupt his work at all.

Why scrolls, you ask? Don’t worry, it’s fine. Ask away. It’s because they were much lighter than stone tablets, and they certainly didn’t add stress to Sorilax’s armor. He didn’t want to have to find another body again. That was always such a headache. And even worse, it distracted from his calling.

The Aspect was no fool, however, and many a year were spent transcribing his notes and studies onto stone tablets, hidden away in his temple for safe keeping.

He was almost finished up with his last new scroll when the giant head had impacted the earth, sending out a shock wave that ruined what he had been working on. It was… fascinating. Sorilax quickly pulled out one of the new scrolls he had finished the day before and began to jot down everything he could remember of the arrival, moving on to describing the head itself.

Its size, its shape, even the way the insides appeared to spew forth like some organic slurry waterfall. The coloration and texture would have to wait for later upon closer inspection, as atmospheric distortion was probably ruining a true view of either.

Oh the joy that filled his gaseous form. Unlimited possibilities awaited him now. Several more decades could probably be spent on a project this large. He could acquire all of the knowledge waiting to be his. He would even perhaps uncover some hidden mechanic of the universe in which they all lived.

BwaHaHaHa!” Sorilax laughed deeply, gathering his things. He had a journey to embark on.

---------

It was about a day later when Sorilax came upon his first pieces of wreckage, amazed at his find of the Midak Skyblaster. When he discovered that it shot spheres of light, he knew it had to be his and remain his. He quickly secreted it away in his backpack. He would study it later, that was for sure.

That day also revealed the undead in the new liquid protodermis lake. That encounter hadn’t been fun. In fact it was downright dreadful. Sorilax had been forced to retreat for fear of the thing ruining his armor and his ARC suit.

However, that curse had led to a blessing. Deeper in the Fau Swamps (while still being on the fringes as far as the worst dangers of the swamp were concerned), Sorilax had heard a cry for help. His immediate thought had been one of mental conquest, but he slowly worked through that and reasoned he needed to help simply because he was able to do so.

The trouble had turned out to be a strangely colored Matoran stuck in quicksand. Sorilax exited his ARC suit and chuckled, “You know this swamp is very dangerous.

The look the orange Matoran gave Sorilax probably would have caused some lesser being to drop dead. Sorilax cringed at his thoughts. Different sentient creatures weren’t lesser, just different from him, or so he had proposed to his fellow Aspects. Yeah they didn’t like that and pretty much stopped talking to him, now only asking about things that would help themselves and that they knew he would tell them.

“Are you going to help me?” the Matoran asked.

Sorilax blinked a couple of times as he was ripped from his thoughts. He rubbed his chin with one of his long reaching hands, “Sorry about that, old chap. One moment.

Pulling from the Matoran’s own shadow, Sorilax morphed the shadow to wrap around the smaller being and lift him to safety. The Matoran didn’t seem too thrilled at the mode of saving and yelled out in fear, dashing away. Probably some innate fear of Shadow, Sorilax reasoned.

It was some time later when the Matoran actually returned, interrupting Sorilax from finishing writing in a scroll about the encounter. And apparently he had friends. A red Toa pointed a sword at him, harshly demanding answers, “Who are you and what do you want?”

Sorilax pondered that question for a moment, rolling it around in his mind before speaking about a minute later. “I am Sorilax, an Aspect of Makuta. But really, who are we amidst the stars? What gives us consciousness? Why are we different from the Rahi? I’ve pondered this many a night and still no answer truly satisfies me.

And what do I want? I do wish I knew that. I truly do. I seek knowledge, yes. But at the same time that is something I do not necessarily long for. For the long term I think all I really want is to spend each day following what little Light I possess and helping others with the knowledge I have gained.

The Toa seemed to relax slightly and opened his mouth to speak, but Sorilax continued.

But is that truly what I want? In this moment it may be knowledge and the spreading of it, but what is my ultimate destiny? And who will I be in a hundred or a thousand years? Will I still feel the same way? Take, for example, the Fikou spider. Primarily living…” Sorilax went on like that until dusk, never noticing that the Toa of fire actually fell asleep halfway through, and the orange Matoran had left and returned with other Matoran (amongst other beings), some who started investigating his Second Skin.

His ramblings eventually turned to the swamp as a whole, describing the various dangers, both Rahi, insect, and fauna, that it possessed.

During this, the assembled Matoran had gathered some wood and had the recently awakened Toa start a bonfire as the day descended into night. Every time Sorilax slowed down, the Toa of fire would ask some other question about the island or the swamp and get Sorilax revved up again, spewing forth his knowledge and experience. The happiness Sorilax was feeling at that moment was even better than seeing the giant head crash into the island. And slowly he realized teaching beings who actually cared was just as enjoyable as his gathering of knowledge. Oh how he wished just one of his fellow Aspects had been more like himself.

Although that thought in and of itself was also very selfish of him. Wait… where was he? Oh yes, Muaka calls. “The strange thing about the Muaka is that they will…

Sorilax paused and looked around, not really seeing so much as feeling the shadow around him. They were all asleep. Only then did he consider that they were actual Toa and Matoran and… there seemed to be several other species here as well. That meant…

That meant that the giant head had been housing them all somehow, and they were now all destitute in a new land. Forsaken by their home like he was by his brethren. That did begin to explain all the wreckage he had been seeing that wasn’t just pieces of a giant head.

Sorilax tallied the gathered beings, surprised that he hadn’t noticed them moving about before. He must have been really zoned out while talking. 45 sentient beings sat below him. NO, he told himself. They rest with me. I am no better than them. In fact, I think they have more Light than I do.

Humming softly to himself, Sorilax kept guard in the dark, not needing sleep, rest, nor respite. What possibilities did the future hold?

---------

The next few days were spent building and scouting, with Sorilax taking notes half the time. Pretty soon he would need to create more ink, but that was always a good problem to have, as it meant he was engrossed in the pursuit of knowledge.

A small village formed in a spot Sorilax had found nearby that had several large trees capable of holding tree houses. As Sorilax had told his new friends, the Fau Swamp was one of the deadliest places on the island, home to a myriad of dangerous Rahi, insects, and fauna. Many that could kill with a touch. Living above ground was much safer than the jungle floor.

It pleased Sorilax to no end how easily this new group had accepted him and integrated him into their lives. They treated him almost like he was some Toa of Shadow. Truly their old world must have been full of only peace and happiness.

Yeah that dream died pretty quickly. It was day five when he asked about their old home, as they gathered in the largest tree house they had built yet, affixing a wooden bridge to a flat platform nearby. Their old world sounded only slightly not as bad as Zakaz. That was a real shame if he ever heard one.

It was day eight when Sorilax mentioned leaving to study the various ruins of Zakaz. Apparently no one wanted him to leave. That left him shocked. No one had ever wanted him to stay before. He agreed, but only for a while. He would help them find others from this “Metru-Nui”, and then he would continue his studies. Although he wasn’t sure he did want to leave anymore.

He would see when the time came what he would do. In the meantime, he was somewhat reluctantly teaching several of the Matoran how to drive his ARC suit. The suit had cost him so much, and it was purely his, but at the same time the Matoran needed to be able to take care of themselves out on patrols and scouting missions. It was a dual edged sword of selfishness and kindness that he wrestled with.

Sorilax did think of offering them Kraata, but he hadn’t tested out his modified version of the Desecration Rites. Plus, they were called the Desecration Rites. He wasn’t ever sure he could make a Kraata that was purely beneficial. So he simply didn’t bring it up.

The sun had just set one evening (OOC: Roughly current time now) when a Matoran came up to him, pulling his long arm as the Matoran led him somewhere. Several dozen beings were gathering on the central platform around a wooden bulletin board. Above it was a new sign Sorilax hadn’t seen before. It read: Le-Metru Nuva.

Curious. Sorilax wrote it down. He would add it to his island map the next time he went home to his temple. Le-Metru Nuva, a village founded by new friends. His joy was on par with his worry. He couldn’t let any Aspects find out it existed.

OOC: Of course, if Sorilax's post infringes on anything, just let me know and I'll change it.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Varxii - Outskirts of Metru-Koro

Well.

Looked like she had drawn some unexpected company.

The being who she had seen under that distant tree had suddenly come alive, moving her way in great, slow strides. Unusual-looking, Varxii couldn't help but think as she took in the other's hunched posture and moss-covered form, and her guard raised instinctively as their deliberate lope carried them towards her. Though she made no immediate move against this stranger, the tensing of her shoulders betrayed her unease... after being at war for so long, it was impossible not to go defensive on instinct when someone of unknown ability and intention approached her.

Her fingers twitched slightly, but she restrained herself from summoning any defensive lightning.

She didn't know who or what this being was, granted; but she couldn't immediately assume that they were hostile. They weren't one of the local Skakdi, that was plain enough... did that make them another local species? Or perhaps, like her, a native of the old universe who wasn't happy around the Metru Nui crowd?

A threat? She supposed there was only one way to find out, and raised her voice to the other.

"Can I help you? Where do you come from?"

@Eyru

IC: Rek - Passing by Metru-Koro, far side

It didn't look like much.

Not that she'd expected it to, either. The town was, what, a collection of scrap from some giant robot's brain that had been thrown together and called barely-tolerable living conditions... or that was what it looked like to this Skak, at least. If she'd thought the Rig was a dump - not someplace she was welcome often, but occasionally a rigger would want to deal for her services - this made it look like a luxury beachside getaway in comparison; still, as Backstabber stomped its way past the walls, Rek's smouldering red gaze trailed across the unsightly settlement. Call it morbid curiosity... because she didn't care about them, or their giant head, one way or the other. Zakaz had hardly been a model of beauty even before their arrival had smashed the western shore into rubble, so it was hardly like anyone would even notice another blot on the landscape.

Besides. Someone, somewhere was inevitably going to hire some kind of hit against these guys. If she was passing anyway, why wouldn't she give a glance over in the name of reconnaissance?

Toa and Matoran, mostly, she could see. That was hardly surprising; Rek had never stopped to chat with one in person - although she and her sister had claimed a pesky survivor's head, back when they'd been younger girls - but she knew that they'd had a colony here on Zakaz, long before her time, and a few still lingered in the most forgotten corners of the island. Didn't bother her whether they lived or died, honestly... unless she was paid to make sure the latter happened. Then they definitely died. The memory of she and her sister, inseparable youngsters that they had been, hunting down a Toa who'd been making a nuisance of themself almost brought a smile--

--Was quickly crushed.

It wasn't the hunt, or the violence, that made her smile; it was the memory of times gone by, when the one sister had been two and they'd faced everything together. But those days were long gone, and it did no good to dwell on them. Still, one hand idly, unthinkingly, brushed against the heartlight powering her mech, the very, very familiar heartlight--

Enough of that.

She refocused. Backstabber was fast nearing one of the settlements gates, where she could see a handful of Toa - and at least one species she didn't recognise - who seemed to be just hanging out, but were probably on guard duty... as if their ramshackle town was even worth guarding. Though, when you had next-to-nothing, even Rek could see that anything, no matter how shoddy, was probably worth protecting. It wasn't as if she and her sister hadn't lived that same kind of life for a while.

They'd pulled through it. Only time, she figured, would tell whether these strangers were competent enough do the same.

Finally focusing on directing Backstabber's steps, Rek veered abruptly away from the guardpost. She didn't believe she had anything to fear from them, but she also wasn't looking for a fight, and there was no point riling them unnecessarily. Even so, she wasn't making any effort to actually hide; and a mech piloted by a distinctively orange-hued Skak lady was quite the distinctive sight, even if it was just passing by.

((ooc: @Onaku & co. - Rek's passing close to where Arkius' group currently is, so if anyone wants to mistake her for one of the marauders that they're planning to go after, you're welcome to do so! Or if you've got other plans, then no worries, feel free to ignore her; I'm good whichever way you'd prefer ^^))

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi winced, “I … do not exactly have money either. I … I hate to bother. I am okay with walking if we need to though.” Though given how long it would take to walk, if Voka had been still alive, by the time they walked to her, she probably would not be. But he couldn’t just take resources from the Matoran here. Even the ones in this rescue group.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler 

… 

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector eyed this Kilo. It was clearly a machine, and it’s responses were fairly simplistic, but … the way the Toa spoke to them, they were almost casual. And Kilo did not seem confused by their answers, despite how irregular and personal they were. Most Vahki would struggle to understand these words, but Kilo seemed to follow the emotional speech of the Toa well enough. Of course, Collector themself was no expert of reading g Toa, let alone machines. But it still struck them as … odd.

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @Snelly @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Reliable Narrator | North of Metru-Koro, Road Trip With Providence and Vent

The two youngsters traveled due North, or as close as they could imagine was due North, while skirting the border of the toxic lake slowly pouring out of Mata-Nui’s skull. Time passed peacefully for them. Small rahi darted from their path. One particularly excited mahi calf tried racing Vent, then settled for hopping alongside Providence as the devil-child sprinted without tiring in his recently upgraded armor.

As afternoon turned to early evening, the two found themselves at the base of a blasted out mountain range. The mountains were all angled like a fang, with the concave depression in their now low summits and sides facing the direction of the fractured and bleeding skull of the old world. Vent realized the force of his world coming down onto this alien landscape did more than end his past: it ended everyone’s past, regardless of home. The arrival of his world marked a new epoch in the Time Between Time, not that the speed demon could possibly know the metaphysical landscape of where he now lived.

Early evening gave way to late evening, twilight, and then twinkling stars above as night set in fully before the two found anything odder than the lake and the skull. They saw small tunnels dug out of the mountains, big enough for them to squeeze into but small enough to feel claustrophobic trying, and the soft rush of a wind from deep beneath the earth poured out like in a droning whistle. Upon investigating further they would realize the tunnels looked like tools made them rather than dug by hand, and the fresh earth piled up around them had been packed into semi-circular stairs around the base of each.

OOC: @Dane, @Burnmad

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk’s Tooth

The pair of skakdi, one new one native, made their way around the North Eastern side of the base of Irnakk’s Tooth. Any time they looked up the steep mountainside of the volcano they could see the telltale plume of dark smoke softly drifting from its broken summit. The afternoon turned to late evening, and then nightfall by the time they arrived at the fields and wide rivers of cooling lava marking the border between the Northern Wastes and the Dead Forest.

In the rising moonlight and the red glow of the cooling lava Xane and Enra saw the petrified trees covering the visible distance across a wide lake of lava. Enra remembered hearing of pilgrims visiting the Nightmare Pits summiting a violent path up the mountain on the far side of the wide river of lava before them that started at an obsidian boulder deep in the Dead Forest. Dark glowing boulders floated downstream to the coast over a day’s journey to the East in the process of melting in the fiery stream. They could wander for a bridge, attempt to carve a new path up the side of the volcano following the lava to its source, or find a creative way to cross the distance. 

OOC:

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC, Atamai: Metru-Koro

"We don't know yet if it would be stealing, Jutori," Atamai said. "It depends on what the temple actually looks like and what we find. If the temple was clearly built by Matoran, then it wouldn't be stealing since there apparently aren't Matoran here."

Atamai turned toward the village gates. "Alright, let's head off and see what we can find." With that, Atamai began heading to the entrance of the village, curious as to what secrets the island was hiding.

OOC: Apologies for my absence, it's been a hectic few days for me. @Snelly @Harvali @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Onaku

Edited by ~Xemnas~

IC: Mahryo - Northern Deserts

"If you don't mind my asking, what are you?" Mahryo asked the creature hanging outside. "I have never seen anything like you before. Well, in truth, I don't remember seeing much of anything these days! But I have the strangest feeling, as though I truly have not see something like you until now."

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Vent - Zakaz, Unknown Mountains

As Vent disembarked from their air gear and looked upon the strange tunnels into the mountain in awe, the Mahi from before stopped running as well, curiously coming over to Vent. With an odd look, the Tiokaha gingerly petted it.

"Baa."

They shrugged, and looked to Providence. "Look, Provvie! Tunnels, that means someone's definitely been here!"

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Waveahk soon arrived outside the Turaga's residence, driving a cargo hauler vehicle with really big tires that was used back in Metru Nui, before being brought here during the exodus. He poked his head out the window to address the married couple. "Eager, aren't we?"

Tekmo and Skorm showed up at that moment. "Excellent! Our chariot awaits!"

@Tarn@Snelly@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Lava River)

"Well, unless we wanna climb a new path up the mountain - which is a bad idea - we'll have to cross this river... you think that if we work our powers together, you can make us float to the other side?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector followed after Atamai, eyeing the Toa. Why would the structures possibly be Matoran? Yes the island resembled Metru-Nui, and yes they planned to check for a temple in the spot that the Great Disk of Onu-Metru would lie, but this land was ruled clearly by the Skakdi. Unless those Skakdi killed the native Matoran, but there was no evidence that Matoran had ever lived here before the Impact

As Collector followed Atamai they started to speak, “But the machine, was any part of it—” And then they stopped, clearly this Toa found the device uncomfortable, he had hoped it was destroyed, and avoiding going into details. He likely would not be much help. Maybe because with the machine, a Vortixx could effectively be a Toa too. Could be beloved to Matoran too. So instead they said to Atamai, “Toa Atamai, you have been a Toa only a week, yes? What was it like, trying to use your element for the first time? Did it come easy?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @~Xemnas~

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

"Your chariot, maybe,"  Skorm said, jerking his thumb back at where he had parked the Muaka. "I have my own ride."

Sleeping under a roof for the first time in a week (and for the first time in this new world) had been a change that Skorm was still getting used to, but it looked like he couldn't get too comfortable with it.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Gaius, Mar-Koro

The Mar-Toa rolled lazily out of bed and fixed himself a bowl of porridge.  He solemnly ate, alone with his thoughts.  He hadn't yet figured out the answer to his current conundrum.  Any sort of sled or wagon or anything would be too hard to drag through the Fau Swamp.  He didn't even know where this destination was; he only some point on a map in his memory.  Maybe he should draw it all out sometime...

"How can I accomplish this?  How can I continue to protect my people?  I should've just sent this stranger on her way."  Gaius dropped his porridge spoon and gasped.  "Could this really be the answer?  Could I really walk her out?"  Gaius rose, and departed his home with purpose.  He paid no attention to the villagers bustling around him.  He went directly to the blacksmith's quarters again.  there, he found Ollodor still tidying his workstations.  "Ollodor!  I've found a way to rid Mar-Koro of this outsider's corpse!  Tell me, how skilled are you at mask making?"

"Best around, technically.  What do you have in mind?"

"Have you ever heard of the Kanohi Tryna?  It's the one that reanimates the dead.  If we can forge one, I can walk the corpse back to her old masters."

"Hmm..." the Fe-Matoran paced. "I could... mayhaps... I've never made such a Kanohi before.  Truthfully, that's one of the harder ones to forge.  I... I don't believe I know the exact recipe... I can guess some components; I imagine a regeneration disk and an illusion disk are involved, but... hmm.  I will do it, just give me time to read through my texts and see if I can't figure this out.  I know you don't want to hear this, Guy, but you may need to go... outside.. and see if any of these newcomers might be able to share some knowledge... you'll have to go outside anyways, just to acquire all the materials needed."

"Hmm."

"My thoughts exactly.  It would be enough for you to head out into the mine and gather some more protodermis for now.  We'll be burning through a lot while making this."

"I'll head out soon enough, then.  Thank you, Ollodor, and good luck."  Gaius left the hut with a smirk on his face.  As reluctant as he was to leave Mar-Koro, this was exciting, he could not deny.  The Swamp Toa swung by Apus' place again, to cancel his request, then returned home.  He finished his cold porridge, cleaned his dishes, then prepared a pack with mining supplies.  Tonight, he would go out and mine some ores and ponder more what needed to be done.  This pearl-armored warrior would be raised and she would walk herself out, if all went well.  Gaius only hoped that for once, all things truly went well.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes