Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler @Tarn apologies for moving us along, but I think we are all wrapped up here, yes?

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

It was not long before they had recruited a few Ussal to their cause, and the group began their trek southward. The landscape of Zakaz was barren and covered in rocks, the only plants seemed to be small arid shrubs. But towering above that, even dwarfing the mountain at the center of Zakaz, was the severed head of Mata-Nui, his liquid Protodermis pooled around him like blood.

It was hard for Kanohi not to notice that skull, that gigantic corpse of the god he had once followed. That god that seemed to ignore the slaughter of so many Matoran, who did not stop the war, who offered no relief to his follower’s slaughtered in his name, who maybe possible eventually died from his neglect. The shadow of Mata-Nui consumed the island, like a Skakdi eating meat. And that reminded him of something.

Turaga Klawne,” he interrupted the group’s relative silence, “I was wondering, did your people believe in the Three Virtues? And Mata-Nui? Oh um, sorry, don’t mean to pry. It’s just … sorry.” 

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector grunted, they didn’t like this. Not just the uncertainty of what they will find, if anything, but the fact that they might be better off just diving into the corpse of Mata-Nui to look for that machine. Not that they would, they had idea where to look, and they knew very well the Barraki would have them killed for aligning with the Matoran, and they were not stealthy enough to make their way in. Though, perhaps they could risk it if they found a Mask of Stealth or Concealment. But again, that depends on what they find.

Karzahni, the Toa were unhelpful. But they didn’t need to struggle to become Toa did they? They had been Matoran, it was as easy as finding a vaguely special rock. And now all the power of an element was contained in their hands. And all the respect of the Matoran was theirs forever. Even as a Turaga they would be honored.

They finished mending their bike and stood back up, still walking it by now looking ahead of them. As they walked along, it occurred to them another in the group might almost understand. They shifted their position in the group to be closer to the Skakdi. “So, Zadred, was it? Why did you chose to live in Metru-Koro alongside Matoran?

OOC: @Onaku @pokemonlover360 @Snelly @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Triki - Northern Desert, Vahki Transport

"Can-not you hear the voices too?" Triki asked, not understanding the strangeness of Yaushe speaking up occasionally.  And this time she hadn't even been cursing him out; improvement!

@Toru Nui @ZippyWharrgarbl @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

:music: 

• Like 1

IC: Rek - Passing by Metru-Koro

It wasn't like she needed to stop. Rek wondered for a moment what this Toa would even do about it if she just refused and kept going; whether he'd have the sense to move, or whether he was so foolishly bold that he'd simply get stomped into the ground when Backstabber didn't slow its pace at all. It might, in all honesty, be amusing to find out, and the orange Skak had half a mind to do exactly that... but she held back on that impulse. If there was one good rule, out here in the wasteland, it was that you'd make enough enemies just going about your business normally, without deliberately going out of your way to make more of them. And besides, who knew? Not being a marked enemy of the makeshift settlement might work to her advantage one day.

Still, she let Backstabbed get within a pace's length of stepping on the Toa before she drew the mech to a stop. Leaning out of the ACR's pilot compartment, she leered down at the other.

"Hey, the second question's easy: my only affiliate is me." Leaning on one elbow, she jabbed a finger at her own chest for emphasis. It was true, as well; she worked for nobody - unless they paid her - and nobody worked for her. It was hardly a compromising fact; she was a loner Skak, and if not quite proud of it then at least confident in her place.

"As for the first..."

She scrutinised him, idly flicking from regular vision to thermal-imaging vision, and back. Not that the latter showed her anything new; but it paid to be thorough when examining anyone new to you.

"You don't need to know my name if we're not going to do business. But if we are going to do business, then I'm for hire."

She waited a beat longer.

"Are we going to do business?"

She doubted that, too. But she was between jobs right now, so on the unlikely chance that he could afford her services... she wasn't going to turn down an opportunity.

@Onaku

IC: Varxii - Outskirts of Metru-Koro

Well this was... unsettling.

Varxii wanted to say something, she really did; but the intensity of the other creature's attention, even though she couldn't see its eyes, robbed her of any thought of what she could say. At first, she had wondered if the other's voice was merely an echo; but it soon - or maybe not soon, as the other dragged their speech out slower than anything else Varxii had heard - started waxing philosophical. All she had wanted was a simple answer, whether they were a native to this land or a fellow refugee of the robot-universe, but that had either been lost in translation, or the creature was deliberately taking advantage of the vagueities of her question.

The Vo-Toa's mouth moved wordlessly as she tried, and failed, to formulate a response anywhere near so eloquent.

"I mean... I come from the giant head. Or, well... technically I come from another island down south that was probably in the giant body, but I'm... gonna be honest, I didn't even know there was a giant robot until a week ago."

The fact that she was almost rambling made her lack of eloquence seem even more pronounced. Distracting herself from that, she peered at the other being's face, trying to find a pair of eyes between the matted... hair? Fungus? She wasn't sure what to think of it as.

Whatever the case, the sight of any eyes continued to elude her.

"That must... make you a local?"

@Eyru

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Wilderness)

"Oh yes. We believed in Unity, Duty and Destiny. And Mata Nui. And Tren Krom. And the Kaita."

'Unity'. 'Duty'. 'Destiny'. These creatures seemed more orderly and civilized than the Skakdi. Not a particularly difficult achievement, but still. Would they be willing to embrace true Unity when the time came? Accept their true Duty and Destiny?

OOC: This information has been correlated with Unreliable Narrator.

@Harvali@Tarn@Biological Chronicler

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

"Do not attempt to deceive me, organic. One complication at a time, however." NU-8020S turned back to Whisper. "I repeat: if you are not willing to aid in the capture of the fugitive Takadox, please, exit the vehicle."

@Edelgard@Nato the Traveler@ZippyWharrgarbl@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail)

"Hm." Gnabol continued to follow the trail of the Aqua Sphere.

@Unreliable Narrator@Smudge8

Triki leaned over to Mahryo and Lueiji and whispered, "Vahki-head seems much-grumpy.  Must really want to find Tacky-dox guy."  He paused for a moment in thought, and then added, "Wonder if winged friend can grant us power to find-seek Tacky-dox in exchange for wish granting?

@Toru Nui@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Nato the Traveler@ZippyWharrgarbl

:music: 

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

Tren Krom?” Kanohi saw his heartlight flash in the corner of his optics, “I have never heard of such a deity, or Kaita. Would you mind telling me about them? Sorry to bring all this up but, it’s just…

He lowered his voice, hoping the others would excuse him, “It’s … it’s hard to explain, but after everything, I … I have a … well, I think that giant chunk we crashed here on, that massive skull, that was Mata-Nui’s head. I … I don’t know what to … to do.”  He gestured to the colossal head that blotted out the sun and stars.

He was pretty sure the others traveling here would hear that he was verging on blasphemy, but he needed to ask. And this Turaga … might not judge. Hopefully.

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Changua - Metru Koro

She landed outside the gates once again. "So, what did I miss?"

IC: Pardehi - Wilderness @Tarn@Harvali@Toru Nui

"While I was studying at Ga-Metru, I heard of a few theories about Mata Nui's true nature. Many scholars seemed to think of him as a kind of macro-organism, with normal beings like us living inside him as parasites or symbiotes."

He narrowed his eyes. He had to choose his next words carefully, as not to commit blasphmey.

"There were even a few who took this idea even farther. They believed we were not just symbiotes, we were part of the Spirit's body, more like phages or neurons than energy ticks. Now it seem certain that Mata Nui is, or at least was, a macroorganism of some kind. I hope they were right about us being part of his body too. It might not mean he's completely dead. As long as we live on, part of the Great Spirit lives on. That's our duty now, survival."

He lowered his eyes to the ground.

"Destiny, I'm not so sure of."

IC: Karai - The Taku @BULiK

Karai thanked Knichou and made his way to his quarters. After he had finished unloading his bare minimum of gear, he made his way to the commons area. "Good to see another old citizen of Ta-Metru around these parts." He said to Exuze, the lesterin factory worker.  "How's your supply of protodermis holding out? It's pretty scarce here in Metru Koro."

• Like 1

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

The Vo-Skakdi stood by Yumiwak, the curtains he'd absolutely purchased full price he had the receipt just ask him draped over his shoulders like a Turaga's fancy robes. He tried to cover his mouth to hide his snickering at Zai being told off by McGrokk, which was a difficult task when you had a mouth as big as Kor did, but at least he knew to respect his elders.

"Appreciate the warm greeting, Mr. McGrokk," he said, regaining enough composure to dramatically bow. A pain in his back forced him to quickly stand up again.

@Dane@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Right," Triage replied, heading up to the crew's quarters to drop his things off. While crouched next to the bunk that would apparently be his for the rest of his tenure on the ship, he debated whether leaving his satchel behind with the rest of his things. He turned it over in his hands a couple times, trying to be rational with himself that no one would snoop, but eventually his own anxieties won out and Triage replaced his satchel, sighing in a defeated way as he exited to the bridge. He could hear someone addressing the crew from outside, barely audible over the work being done.

"Uhhh, do you guys hear that too?" Knichou addressed nobody in particular.

"I...believe the ship's horn has disturbed a local. Unsurprisingly."

@BULiK

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

Nale stayed quiet, mostly, as the others discussed religious beliefs and such. 

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts, The Taku's parking spot

The Ta-Lesterin stood casually atop the final crate as Berys used the joystick on the upper deck to lift the box into the cargo hold. When the crate was on the floor of the cargo bay, he unhooked the crane and gave Berys a thumbs up to let him know he could move the crane freely. As this was happening, Exuze responded to the Ta-Matoran's questions. His accent was recognizable as originating from near the southern continent.

"Ta-Metru treated me well," the Lesterin replied with a sad smile. "Shame what 'appened to it."

"Cap is lucky he returned when he did - the Taku's protodermis tanks were runnin' pretty low. He found me in the Metru-Koro scrapyards, where a bunch of us have been disassembling wreckage from the city for parts. Cap had a supply of speed disks he was able to barter with so he could fill up the tank and get enough levitation kanoka to last us a couple more weeks. I was getting tired of cuttin' up the poor excuses for ships that the refugees used to get outta the city, so I decided to come with 'im. Besides, sooner or later we were gonna run outta scrap from the exodus to harvest, and would have to make larger scavenging runs to the city itself, and I'm not cut out for that much action. If you think protodermis levels are low now, once the protodermis we brought from the city runs out, people are gonna start gettin' real desparate, and I don't wanna be 'round when that happens."

Arnex entered the ship from the ladder hanging out of the cargo bay, and began preparations to secure the crates to the floor of the ship with cables so they wouldn't be sliding around when they took off. Back on the upper catwalks, Knichou turned to Triage as Suhaku placed her belongings in the crew quarters.

"Keen observation, Doc. At least a rude awakening is probably the least terrible thing to happen to these people in the past week."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

6 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Cargo Hauler)

"We're barely two minutes in and already I'm regretting this."

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"Huh? Why?" Skyra asked, confused why Waveahk would have regrets so soon, they hadn't even started yet! "You haven't even heard my singing voice yet! And I know the perfect song for a situation like this!" She took a breath. 

"Here I am, I am lost in your land, and I hope you will beeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA

IC: ??? - Strange Tunnels -

Vent and Providence were not only things in the tunnels, that much was clear, as the tunnel widened, they would come across an unusual formation on one of the tunnels walls, it was shaped like a...giant being? Indeed if they took a closer look, they could make out what appeared to be a machine that was leaning against the side of the tunnel, it was covered in dirt, rock, and moss, it clearly had been sitting here for a very, very long time. 

It sat there, appearing lifeless. Would they dare to approach it? 

@Dane @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

3 hours ago, xccj said:

Triki leaned over to Mahryo and Lueiji and whispered, "Vahki-head seems much-grumpy.  Must really want to find Tacky-dox guy."  He paused for a moment in thought, and then added, "Wonder if winged friend can grant us power to find-seek Tacky-dox in exchange for wish granting?

IC: Whisper - Northern Desert

"There are 42 different powers I can provide," Whisper replied, pointedly ignoring NU-8020S' instructions for her to leave, "I'm not sure that any could assist with tracking, but many could aid with capturing this prey you seek." 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Providence - Strange Tunnels

"Vent, there's something here," the Aspect pointed out. "Wow, look at that!" He left the Tiokahan's side for a moment, before remembering their effective blindness in the dark, and returning to guide them over.

The object, covered in the accumulated debris of many years though it was, clearly had once been some sort of humanoid-shaped machine. Providence described its properties for his companion as he examined it....

Also as he examined it, he began attempting to clear off some of the dirt, moss, and assorted gunk that obscured its form-- and no doubt hindered its movement, if it indeed was some sort of automaton.

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Wilderness)

"Yeah, I'm... I'm unclear on what our Destiny is now, too."

Ulkarr wasn't.

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Tarn

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S waited to see how the organics would respond to this offer before taking further action.

@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Cargo Hauler)

"Excellent. So we have a sonic weapon in our arsenal to destroy our enemies' earlobes with." Waveahk started flicking through the owner's manual for the hauler.

@Snelly@Tarn@TL01 NUVA

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

Kanohi tried to look away from the colossal severed head, but it and it’s shadow dominated the island. He swallowed, and squeaked out, “I-I talked to a Toa, during the invasion. They … they said the Matoran were being killed by the League for worshiping Mata-Nui. And Mata-Nui didn’t care that we were dying. They said that the whole war was pointless. I … I told them that if we couldn’t believe in Mata-Nui, then we could still believe in each other. And they seemed pleased. Thats kind of what I have been holding on to. Unity. That even if we have no Destiny anymore, we still are united, and that we have a Duty to each other.”

His face blossomed like a fiery rose, and he muttered ”Um, Toa Nale, um, please if it’s okay, don’t tell Toa Stannis I said that.

They continued to trek forward, drawing slowly closer to the mountains of Zakaz. At that thought Kanohi turned back to the Turaga. “Turaga Klawne, um, if it’s okay to ask, what did your people call this island? And if you are willing, I … I would like to hear about Tren Krom and Kaita. At least a little. If it would not be a trouble.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Tarn @Biological Chronicler imagine if the refugees converted to Tren Kromism. Mata-Nui is dead after all, faith has got to be waning. 

• Like 2

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro Outskirts

"Uhhh, do you guys hear that too?" 

Taja recognized that voice, although she couldn't place its owner's face. Since becoming a Toa, every sound she heard seemed to have a fingerprint, distinct and unique. So she knew she'd heard this sky-sailor talking before.Where and when? Not sure.

"Down here," she said, directing her own voice to the being who'd replied. "Permission to come aboard and... um... inspect that horn?"

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro Outskirts

They listened. The being said many things with many implications. They wanted to understand it.

A giant head? They saw it. But a giant body? Nowhere. They supposed it was above the sky, where the head had come from. Another island within the body? That suggested the existence of many islands. They knew of only this island, and it was not inside anything that they knew of. It floated on the surface of the vast ocean, and ripened under the unforgiving sun. At night, it shivered under the cold stars.

A land inside a machine? Curious.

They were silent for a while, digesting. The wind moved over the earth, rustling the sand and gently playing with the matted locks of plant life that hung from their body. Other beings always moved too quickly. Spoke too fast and swallowed lies. They would not. They would think about these things carefully. 

"Local?"

They chewed the word thoroughly.

"Yes."

They slowly extended a long finger and placed their fingertip on the sandy ground.

"We are here."

A pause.

"You are local." It was not a question. "All are local... to themselves. Tomorrow, we will be local... elsewhere."

A croaking, rumbling noise came from deep within them. It sounded almost like... laughter?

"But I have been local for longer."

OOC: @BULiK @That Matoran with a Vahi

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

"I...haven't seen Stannis in a while now, actually. Not since we were last on board the Taku, that is..."

That certainly felt like a much longer time ago. Nale found herself on a few occasions during her time in Po-Koro lamenting that the airship's crew had parted ways. The Fa-Toa had a feeling her comrades were fine, though. Hopefully.

"...but if I do see him, I won't mention it." 

The current conversation was a bit of bummer, honestly. But Nale felt like she agreed with Kanohi. They had eachother, Mata Nui or not, destiny or not. Unity is what built places like Po-Koro, and what kept them thriving even after the impact.

It was her duty she still had trouble with.

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

Rose began to read the manual over the Steltian's shoulder as Skyra sang. "You got a warranty on this thing?"

@Toru Nui@Snelly

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

Falh seemed to freeze up (pun not intended) and turn away as he spoke, as if something had suddenly stole his attention. "Everything alright?"

@Dane@The UltimoScorp

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

2 hours ago, Eyru said:

"Down here," she said, directing her own voice to the being who'd replied. "Permission to come aboard and... um... inspect that horn?

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts, the Taku's parking spot

The Fe-Toa looked down to see a figure standing below the massive doors to the cargo bay. He hadn't seen her before, she must have arrived after she threw her voice towards them. The ex-Ghost couldn't place why but this Toa was... vaguely familiar. This wasn't someone he had met last night, that was for sure, so she really must be one of the locals upset by Berys accidentally honking the horn while they were still in their makeshift port. An eyebrow was raised, out of a mix of confusion and amusement at the present situation and how this Toa introduced herself.

"Ah... yes... the local... horn... inspector. Of course. Permission to board: granted," Knichou responded, gaining confidence in his words throughout the statement, which he ended with a welcoming gesture to the rope ladder that descended from the giant open doors on the underside of the airship. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on but he doubted any harm would come of letting another stranger on his ship. Perhaps this was an expert airship crew member who knew someone was wrong with the ship by the tone of the horn. Stranger things have happened.

"I assure you this horn is fully compliant with local regulations, but obviously a manual inspection is warranted to ensure the horn is of adequate power for this class of airship and not an illegal variant stolen from a larger ship."

The Lesterin and Onu-Matoran in the cargo bay looked at each other with a confused expression.

"I must apologize for the disturbance so close to the city - I'm still trying to get my new crew trained, and it was an accidental discharge."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

"Hey, I see it!" Vent let go of Rufus for a moment, reaching a hand out to touch what was probably metal. 

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad 

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Falh found it very difficult to focus on Datrox's words, wanting to retch desperately but knowing that if he did so, the game was up. It could be handled. 

"Fine. Just like I said before." Lying through his teeth, Falh forced out a confident grunt, before subtly manifesting a small cube of ice in his hand. He slid it into his mouth, the cool and refreshing feel of the hard ice numbing some of the nausea. 

OOC: @Tarn @The UltimoScorp

Edited by Dane

IC: Zadred - Metru-Koro

Zadred had silently been observing the discussion on where this party would be headed, sipping her smoothie through the straw. Collector suddenly asking her about why she was here caught her by surprise, suddenly causing her to choke on her smoothie and sending her into a coughing fit. "I, uh, came here, well, I was actually on my way with some fellow Skakdi to Metru-Nui when... well, you know what happened. When I finally woke up in the middle of nowhere and saw that... big head looming over everything, I was lucky enough to find my way here and... well, seeing as I was already headed to Metru-Nui, settling down in Metru-Koro for the time being just made sense to me..."

Zadred sighed slightly, coughing up some residual smoothie from her windpipe, before groaning. "I don't know... I guess I've been lucky."

@Harvali

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"You don't see many of these around any more." Iradra commented to herself as she approached the airship she'd so clearly heard earlier as she left her training session with Kohara. Looking it over, she recalled her days in Le-Metru, trying to get by in a run down part of the district and stay out of the way of everyone else. Down there, she'd often seen an airship or two pass overhead, the massive metallic bulks defying her expectation for how the world worked. Back then she'd never known a whole lot about kanoka, and even now those magical disks were still an oddity in her mind. But never mind that. As she approached the airship, she saw the familiar visage of Toa Taja, one of the matoran along with whom she'd been transformed into a toa. It seemed she was boarding the vessel due to concerns about the airship's horn. Iradra supposed that made sense, considering the audio sensitivity of sound elementals.

In the end, she decided to approach the airship and find out what was going on, as well as potentially catch up with a fellow new toa in these strange times.

@Eyru @BULiK

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

"Alright, alright, so... since I'm here again for some reason, I guess I'll ask you this. You said you can 'protecc'. Does that mean you have defensive systems in place in this corridor? A mechanism to deter unwanted entry? And on that note, I think I caught you calling me a 'welcome one' earlier? Forgive me for being hopeful but does that mean I'm allowed entry or does it mean something else?" Aside from quietly asking the door his questions, Okuo was also frantically looking to either side, trying to stay as aware as possible in case something or someone was coming for him down these tunnels.

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro Gates

An independent mercenary, huh? Arkius didn't have much reason to trust this skak, but he didn't really have any good reason not to trust her either, so for now he supposed he'd have to give her the benefit of the doubt, though with a dash of incredulity just in case. Standing there in front of the imposing mech, Arkius folded his arms and raised an eyebrow. "I suppose that depends. What's your price?"

@That Matoran with a Vahi

• Like 1

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

As Skorm was walking up to the group, he took a moment to look over the cargo rig. It was carrying a boat that would carry their expedition to the Kumu Islets once they reached the coast. It looked to be big enough to store the Muaka if the boat was removed, useful once they had to leave the land vehicles behind.

"Hey," Skorm said, banging on the door to the cabin as he walked past. "I know we can all fit with in this one, but I have my own ride, I can run escort. There's room for a passenger, too." Skorm looked over the expedition members and took stock of what he knew and observed. The Le-Toa appeared to be no longer drunk (though possibly under the influence of other behavior-altering drugs, but there was a possibility it was just her), the large Ta-Toa was looking through a manual for the vehicle along with the Steltian. The Steltian just plain wouldn't fit, despite the Muaka being built for Skakdi. Tekmo was... being Tekmo. Irna could possibly fit, and having her close during the voyage wouldn't hurt. The last one, the Av-Toa...

"You're Keitara, right? I think I could use you riding second with me." The Twi-Toa cocked his head towards the edge of the Koro, where he had parked his interceptor. "The Muaka has a solar engine, runs off of sunlight or lightstones. I can charge it enough on my own, but having another toa of Light would make it a lot easier."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly @Conway @TL01 NUVA @Tarn

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Metru-Koro, cargo hauler

IC:

Keitara's face lit up with enthusiasm. Scootching and excusing herself around the other occupants she stepped up to the twi-toa slightly nervously.

"You've got it. I'll help out as much as I can" she said, preparing to follow Skorm to his smaller vehicle. As her back was turned, she quietly but still audibly added "and thank you for picking me even after the fiasco earlier." Then, as if nothing had happened, she began to walk towards the Muaka.

(OOC: @Keeper of Kraata)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Mahryo = Northern Deserts

"I don't believe any of us are interested in this deal, I'm afraid," Mahryo says to Whisper. He is, on some level, genuinely regretful; but at the same time, he wants nothing to do with anything that involves the use of 'hearts'. Sounds like villain business to him.

@Toru Nui@xccj@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: ??? - Strange Tunnel -

While the two poked and dusted off the mechanical humanoid, it merely sat there like a statue. At least at first. 

Earth fell to the ground, Vent and Providence may have assumed that it was them that caused it, but then an arm twitched. The head of the machine suddenly glowed, casting a bright red upon the two from what appeared to be it's eyes. It slowly whirled and started to move, the earth, dust, and moss rumbling and falling as it began to stand. 

Fully standing, Vent and Providence could see just how truly massive the machine was. It was easily twice the size of your average Toa, it's red eyes beamed and slowly began to look down at the two, staring at them. 

"Exo-Toa Unit D-6793...reactivated." A robotic voice chimed. It started to look from side to side, taking in it's surroundings. "Where...where is this?" While it had been acting very much like a robot at first, it's behavior had suddenly changed to one that was confused. Rather odd thing for a robot. 

"aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Vent jumped backwards, the Mahi right by them screaming similarly as the two were startled by the machine's sudden activation. 

"PROVVIE THERE'S A GHOST, LIKE NOT A ME GHOST BUT LIKE AN ACTUAL GHOST!" They screamed, uncharacteristically terrified by the hulking Exo-Toa.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Dane

IC: Providence - Strange Tunnels

A hanging "Uhm..." was the only response offered by Providence for a few moments, as he looked to where his companion had been moments ago. He started-- though not from the robot's movement, but rather from Vent's screams. For a moment he was worried that they had been harmed in some way, perhaps by surprise at the robot's activation? But they seemed fine. He looked up at the robot. "Um, I'm sorry, but I don't know where we are. We're kind of just exploring... we're on Zakaz, if that helps."

Wait, was Vent... scared of the robot? They were a fleshy person who was friends with a gas man. He had no idea why a metal person would be any scarier.

Maybe it was the size of said metal person. They were fairly large. Much bigger than either of them were.

OOC: @Dane @Snelly

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

The trader flashed the offended Skakdi his best smile again, ignoring her tantrum and turned to the other, draped in cloth.

“Oh that is some fine fabric you got there! Tell me, how is the rig these days?”

OOC: @Tarn

IC [Vent, Providence - Strange Tunnels]:

Vent's  scream echoed in the dark...and continued. Or was that another scream somewhere in the caverns, answering? The heartbeat like thumping continued.

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad @Dane

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

7 hours ago, Edelgard said:

IC: Mahryo = Northern Deserts

"I don't believe any of us are interested in this deal, I'm afraid," Mahryo says to Whisper. He is, on some level, genuinely regretful; but at the same time, he wants nothing to do with anything that involves the use of 'hearts'. Sounds like villain business to him.

IC: Whisper - Northern Deserts

"Suit yourselves," the Aspect huffed, flapping away from the transport, setting off across the sands once more. 

OOC: Whisper Open for Interaction, I guess. 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Taja boarded the ship, and soon came face to face with the person she'd been talking with from the ground. She recognized him now—one of the new Toa, like herself, who had come into their power in Dume's office before the world ended. She had forgotten his name.

"Hello," she said, extending a hand to shake. "Taja."

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Exo-Toa - Strange Tunnel -

The Exo-Toa was confused, before him were two very strange beings, three if it counted the Mahi. One of them was insisting on screaming, but at least the other was willing to answer it's inquiry, even if the answer was vague at best.

This couldn't be right...something was wrong, it was wrong, it brought up it's arms and looked at them. "Wrong...this body is wrong...I..."

It tried to remember, going through it's databanks, but it's memories were shattered and broken. Only bits and pieces remained. It's arms shook slightly as it tried to recall it's most recent memories. 

"Betrayed...I WAS BETRAYED!" It's clawed boxing gloves extended out and slammed into the tunnel wall, causing dirt and dust to stir.

Vent breathed in, calming down. "It's all good, Vent, it's just a bucket o' bolts. It's not a ghost. Not a ghost." They repeated to themselves, looking to Providence and then back to the Exo-Toa.

"Betrayed? What? Whaddya mean?" Vent turned to their Aspect friend. "What's it mean?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui outskirts, upper deck of the Taku

Knichou accepted the handshake.

"Knichou. Do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar, but I don't know why..."

Meanwhile, inside the cargo bay, Exuze spotted another Toa approaching the underside of the ship. The Ta-Lesterin turned downwards to Iradra and asked, "You 'ere to see the Cap too?"

OOC: @Eyru@Onaku

IC: Exo-Toa - Strange Tunnel -

The Exo-Toa slowly retracted it's arm, calming down as it tried to remember. 

"I...do not know." The mechanical being admitted. "My memory is fractured... incomplete. But I can remember much of what I felt..." It looked around, it's various scanners analysing where it was. Then it looked back at it's limbs once again. "This body feels both wrong and yet familiar at the same time, it is very strange..." 

After a moment of thought, it looked back at them. They were completely unfamiliar to it, so it was sure they were not the ones that betrayed it. "I am an Exo-Toa...Unit D-6793. However I also remember another name, Varian. You may call me that if you wish." 

Edited by Snelly