Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui outskirts, upper deck of the Taku

"As you can see around you, there's plenty of room for cargo. It's a bit of a squeeze right now for the crew - we're going to need to convert the spare parts storage room below us to also be a place for crew to sleep, but that shouldn't take long, and until then we can always sleep in shifts. I can't exactly promise much as payment given the current state of the universe and all, but as long as you pitch in when necessary there will always be a place for you aboard the Taku."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Tugarak - Metru Koro @Toru Nui@Nato the Traveler

For hours, the vast desert of Zakaz had stretched out below them like an ocean of sand and dust. The only sights were migrating rahi and the occasion matoran or skakdi caravan,  tiny figures utterly subsumed their surroundings. Before long, the outskirts of the village known as Metru Koro came into veiw. It was a crude settlement, little more than a cluster of wooden shacks with corregated metal roofs, made all the more insignificant with the lofty veiwpoint of the airship travellers.

As soon as they had passed the village, Tugarak turned to his lieutenant, a squat, blue-armored axopakar. "Paxokar, open a general channel." he ordered. "Transmit the following message."

"Channel open, sir." said Paxokar.

"This is Captain Anugar Tugarak par Axomagi par Tugarak, captain of His Majesty's ship, the Ripple."

"We have come to your village on diplomatic mission. We are authorized representitves of the League of Six Kingdoms. Our Emmissaries will disembark shortly to enter your village. Any hostiles towards them will be met with retaliation."

"We are here on a diplomatic mission, we mean you no harm."

We haved his hand, prompting Paxokar to close the channel.

He reached for his intercom. "This is your captain speaking."

"We have arrived at our destination. Prepare to disembark in approximately 10 minutes."

He added under his breath, "and may the Great Beings preserve you."

OOC: Musichttps://www.invidio.us/watch?v=VSEPNe61ssg

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 2

IC: Zaliyah - The Ripple

Being back on the airship brought up mixed memories for Zaliyah. The last mission on this vessel hadn't exactly gone to plan. Her recollection of it felt fuzzy, like there was some important detail that had slipped her mind... something about the orb, and who had taken it.

Whatever it was, it was gone. 

But she remembered the Visorak flying airships, the dead rising to life, the storm and the dragons that had danced within it. She'd thought that was the strangest journey she would ever embark on, but here she was, stranded on an alien planet, living inside the skull of a dead spirit.

21 minutes ago, Biological Chronicler said:

IC: Tugarak - Metru Koro

"We have arrived at our destination. Prepare to disembark in approximately 10 minutes."

"Hopefully they won't try to blow us out of the sky," she muttered, rising to her feet. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui outskirts, upper deck of the Taku

Knichou's mask's hud popped up to notify him of a sudden increase in radio traffic. He pressed a specific spot of his gauntlet to tune in, and a second later pressed another button to play the broadcast over the Taku's PA system. Tugarak's voice echoed throughout the void of the cargo hold. All the crew members stopped to look at each other as the message played out.

"...Tugarak, captain of His Majesty's ship, the Ripple."

"We have come to your village on diplomatic mission. We are authorized representatives of the League of Six Kingdoms. Our Emissaries will disembark shortly to enter your village. Any hostiles towards them will be met with retaliation."

"We are here on a diplomatic mission, we mean you no harm."

Knichou didn't give the others a chance to try to talk to him, he was already walking to the bridge, where he sat in the pilot's seat. Once the message was over the Fe-Toa began to speak, his voice booming throughout the ship's intercom, as he began flipping a variety of switches.

"General quarters, all hands. Exuze, secure all cargo and wait in the bay, Arnex, get the cargo bay doors closed and get on the crane controls. Karai, I need you on the upper deck at the engines in the back. Suhaku, cargo bay. Berys, co-pilot seat. Everyone else get to the bridge. Tricky, there's an open box in my quarters underneath my bed, you'll know it when you see it. Grab a couple items from it, we might need them one way or another. Fasten your seatbelts, ########ers 'cuz this airship is taking off"

The engines hummed to life, and there was a clanging as the levitation engines began banging their kanoka to get the ship airborne. From the opposite side of the village from the Ripple, the Taku began to rise, with Knichou using engine thrust to rotate the ship towards the Ripple. The ex-Ghost had no trust in whatever pathetic excuse of a belief that was Pridak's sense of 'honor' - until proven otherwise, this was the first battle of the last war, and the Taku was one of few (if the only) comparable forces to send a show of strength to hopefully ward off the coming assault. Sure, there weren't any ship-to-ship weapons aboard, but the Ripple hopefully didn't know that there weren't any hidden cannons aboard this freighter, or bombs ready to deploy from the cargo bay.

"Cover your ears, sister!" Knichou said before he reached above him to yank the foghorn control, the bellow echoing throughout the city, thumping in the chests of the populace below. Once he had the entire population's attention, Knichou flipped his microphone over to broadcast publicly over the radio and through the ship's external speakers. It's not like Knichou had any formal authority to start acting like the admiral of Metru-Koro's airfleet, but Knichou didn't see any other airships up here, so as far as he was concerned he was the entire fleet for now.

"This is Knichou, captain of the airship Taku. Be advised that the airship Ripple is prohibited from flying over Metru-Koro. You may land and disembark any diplomats outside of the city walls. Do not overstay your welcome, any use of force will be reciprocated, over."

The toa switched off the microphone, and took a deep sigh.

"Well, now all we can do is pray they're actually here for diplomacy"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Triage - The Taku

Tricky?

Triage quickly ran to the captain's quarters and retrieved the box, expecting it to be some important wartime device meant for exactly this kind of situation--that is, an airship from the League currently menacing the village under the pretense of diplomacy--only to realize what he was really holding as he returned to Knichou with it: drinks meant for exactly this kind of situation. He was tempted to take one.

"Here...you are, Cap," he said, "and it's Tri--"

The foghorn drowned out the medic's correction.

@BULiK

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zai - Zakaz, McGrokk's

Grumble, grumble.

She wanted to slap Korio very hard.

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

"Oh. I can do that as well, actually." Vent chimed in. "Something about the Aeta mark? I dunno. Don't like usin' it, though!"

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

The loud foghorn and announcement from both the Ripple and Taku made Falh groan as the nausea that had been slowly but surely fading flared up again.

"League." He growled, staring up at the Ripple. "Deserve about as much diplomacy as my longsword can afford them."

Falh felt tense, the urge to be sick was there but the inner rage at his former enemies showing up at his doorstep was stronger. It was looking like he'd have to ditch his current crusade to put this Captain Tugarak's head on an ice pike.

"What say you, firespitter?"

OOC: @Tarn

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui outskirts, bridge of the Taku

"Thank you, you're a scholar and a gentleman," Knichou replied, grabbing a random bottle of amber liquid out of the box, opening it, and taking a drink.

"This one's either for celebration, or in case I need to be extra brave and do something extra stupid. We'll find out in a minute here which it is."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

"Hmmmm...." The Exo-Toa thought for a moment. "No, I don't believe I have this function."

@Dane @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"Hey look Rose, it's Toa Stannis! Hi Stannis!" The Toa of Air waved at the wanderer. 

Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @EmperorWhenua @Conway 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Providence - Strange Tunnel

"...Intriguing, Vent." He hadn't expected a fleshy to be able to do something like that. Maybe they could trade bodies sometime! That might be fun.

"That's a shame, Varian. How do you reckon you might have been put into a different body, then? If that is, indeed, what happened."

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

IC [Vahki Transport]:

NU-8020S’s optical sensors scanned the landscape. It truly was desolate. Rocks and shrubs as far as one could see. One the horizon, craggy hills were visible. And there, somewhere behind the ridgeline, a thin plume of grey smoke twirled into the sky.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Well, you can’t choose family, at least not the one you’re born into. But later on...”

The Skakdi trader trailed off, nodded towards Yumi, then Zai and shot the latter a big wink. 

OOC: @Dane @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Tugarak - Metru Koro @BULiK @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

"Take us down, helm." he said to the two vortixx pilots.

The Ripple slowly descended, coming to a halt outside of Metru Koro's gates. They were now ready to disembark. "Axogami," he said to the third axopakar. "Follow our passengers outside. Make sure the cargo hold is secured when they leave."

"Aye, sire." said Axogami.

He picked up his intercom. "This is Tugarak, commander of the Ripple, addressing Knichou, captain of the Taku."  He transmitted over the general channel.

"We have made landfall outside of the Metru Koro gate, as per your request."

"I repeat, we are here for a diplomatic mission. We mean you no harm."

After a moment's hesitation he added, "Besides, it would be against my honor to fire upon a helpless foe such as yourself."

IC: Karai - The Taku

At the sound of the alarm, he immediately rushed to his feet. "A league airship? Here? I thought we sent all those sons-of-burnaks straight to Karzahni already!"

Before Exuze could respond, another message came over the intercom.

11 hours ago, BULiK said:

"General quarters, all hands. Exuze, secure all cargo and wait in the bay, Arnex, get the cargo bay doors closed and get on the crane controls. Karai, I need you on the upper deck at the engines in the back. Suhaku, cargo bay. Berys, co-pilot seat. Everyone else get to the bridge. Tricky, there's an open box in my quarters underneath my bed, you'll know it when you see it. Grab a couple items from it, we might need them one way or another. Fasten your seatbelts, ########ers 'cuz this airship is taking off"

"Talk to you later." he tried to say, but his reply was drowned out by the sound of the foghorn.

He rushed upstairs, making his way to the engine room. If anything went wrong, he would need to be there to repair any damage.

IC: Changua - Outside Metru Koro @Tarn@Dane

Was had happened seemed impossibly lucky. After taking such pains to hide her past, her past had come to her. The Ripple was here in Metru Koro, ostentatiously on a diplomatic mission. Captain Tugarak and the others would be there. Would they see through her disguise, and recognize her for who she was?

Instinctively, her hand went to the trigger on her rhoutuka launcher. If it came to fighting, she would prove her loyalty to Metru Nui, even if it killing, or dying at the hands of, her former comrades.

"Let them come." She announced defiantly. "If they are telling the truth, we having nothing to fear from them."

"If their intentions are hostile, we will teach them the meaning of hostility."

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro airspace, bridge of the Taku

Knichou was clearly irritated, and took a second before he disabled the Taku's loudspeakers and switched on the microphone to transmit over the radio again.

"Ripple, this is Taku actual, we will continue our overwatch of Metru-Koro airspace until you leave, over."

A moment later he began broadcasting again.

"And I'll be sure to trust your sense of honor only after you do something more honorable than contributing to destroying the universe. If you're on a diplomatic mission I suggest keeping the taunting to a minimum, I'd really hate to do all the paperwork to explain why we would do a bombing run this close to the village, over"

It may have been a bluff, but even though Tugarak didn't see any external weapons, there was no way for him to know what secret weapons Knichou had installed inside the ship.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Varian searched his memory banks, but then it shook it's massive head. "My memory banks appear to be incomplete, I do not know how I ended up in my current vessel, or if I ever had another to begin with." The Exo-Toa began to survey the tunnel, sweeping the entire area with it's various sensors, heat sensors and the like. 

"This tunnel...is not familiar to me either..."

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

The League had reared their ugly head sooner than I expected.

"I say this one is right," I replied, pointing to Changua. "I despise the League as much as you do, Falh," and I remembered my meeting with Navu as I spoke, "but I'm not about to start another war just yet, especially not here in this village with all these civilians around. I want to see how this goes. Just be prepared." With that, I placed a hand on the hilt of my blade in preparation and turned to watch the two airships face off above us.

@Dane@Biological Chronicler

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

Korio wrapped his arm around Zai's neck and grinned that Skakdi grin, feigning camaraderie, seeing this as an opening to annoy her. "Oi, come now, we're basically family, ain't we? I mean, me folks are dead and gone, but I've got you and Miss Yumi! What more could an orphan Skaklet ask for, eh?"

@Dane@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

As Datrox and Changua gave their views, Falh turned his head in thought. As the Ta-Toa in particular talked, Falh noticed he had an odd grace to him despite the obvious replacement prosthetic. Clean, brand new. Not unlike himself. Though his snarky comment earlier had soured Falh's opinion of the firespitter earlier, Falh found himself almost...admiring Datrox. 

Odd.

His nausea had mostly faded, the more overpowering growing tension at the thought of a fight perhaps having an effect on this. He hoped it would stay gone for a while. Not that he couldn't handle a brief relapse.

"If you know the League as I do, you understand that compassion is the last thing they deserve." Falh muttered. "Your logic would follow...otherwise, though." He coldly admitted.

"So be it then, brother. We wait."

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Tarn

That was just the right button to press for Korio.

Instinctively, Zai's feelings kicked her into fight-or-flight as she shoved Korio off her violently, a clawed hand flew to the large Skakdi's face in a furious but reflexive backhand slap.

OOC: @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Vezok's Friend

OOC Waveahk courtesy of Toru Nui. Also, note that this conversation happens in the morning, while Stannis is still among the group with Arkius the night before. Basically, I broke time. Sorry.

Other character posts coming later today. Also sorry.

IC Stannis (with Waveahk) | Metru Koro

Hello Toa Skyra! 

"Waveahk, despite what you saw of me yesterday I do not want you to fail in your journey,” Stannis said honestly. “I cannot go with you, but there are things I know about what dwells to the south that may help you, or at least better prepare you for what you will face.

"...Alright then.”

The old toa took a moment to weigh the Steltian's response. He hesitated; the man was a former Dark Hunter and in his retinue were others who once served the League; but despite what Waveahk had seen of him before, Stannis was not a cruel man or a murderer. All life had purpose, all who lived and died did so under the eye of Mata Nui's destiny. He was a wanderer, not an angel of death. He would share information because it could help people live to tell what they saw. "I do not intend to waste your time telling you what you may already know. Aside from what you shared to the others yesterday, what more have you gathered?"

"That their reach spreads further than this island. In the hours before our 'arrival' here, I wished internally for a drink of water, and one appeared before me. Apparently, this meant that I 'owed' them - despite the deal being made without my knowledge or consent - and they put a slug in my arm and told me to kill Mata Nui and someone called 'Korruhn'. I do not know who the latter is, and, well... the former's existence is questionable, at best."

Stannis chuckled at the suggestion. "Oh, Mata Nui has been real, all right," he said, "though your doubt is not unfounded. But regardless, be aware, the Fau Swamp is rife with noxious fumes, trap-laden temples, and heathen shrines. You must not linger anywhere!" he gravely warned. "Darkness lingers around every corner there. I sojourned there in the days after our impact, seeking answers, and barely left with my life. My hope is you'll have better success because you'll have a purpose, whereas I did not.

"But these beings who dwell on the Islets," he said, and his voice grew more hushed, emphasizing the sensitivity of the information. "I know you seek to reason with and learn more about them, and just perhaps your... condition may help in that regard, but the temples speak about them on the walls. I could not understand much of the language, but the pictures tell many more words. These are a species of Shadow, Waveahk—and while Shadow need not be evil it is sinewy and deceitful, and never what it seems. They are dangerous both to the Skakdi and to us, perhaps not physically but surely in the contrast in ideology. If word of their dark legacy were to spread without the right tools to defend against them and their natures, our refugees may become too fearful and strike out in paranoia. That is what I seek to prevent, and why I spoke as I did yesterday.

"The reality is I am undertaking my own quest to the Fau Swamp—though no further south—in the coming weeks. Sans may have mentioned it. I hope you succeed, and I hope you all return with your souls no less intact. Please seek me out when you do, as I should like to hear what you discover. There is a war coming again, and it is my goal that we be more prepared for this one than we were the last. Even slightly." He winced at that statement; the loss of Metru Nui stung him incredibly, not simply from the setback that it was but because it went to show just how little the Matoran civilization knew about their enemy's real abilities, even with Stannis doing all that he could to stop them. And the Wanderer knew—he felt it in his bones—that the threat of the Aspects cult was quite different and much more deadly than the Barraki were.

"So, you should hear what we have to report back, but not the people actually at risk from this threat? I will tell the Turaga everything he needs to hear. If he decides to warn the people of this settlement about it, well..."

Turaga Sans’ responsibility is for the welfare of this refugee city, and what he decides to share is his prerogative. The coming war with the southron beings is mine. I will never think that I can tell you what to do, Waveahk, but I ask that you tell me what you find once you return.

He paused again in momentary consternation. He was at a disadvantage with Waveahk and he knew he would have to work to earn any respect. The steltian was not a Matoran citizen, he did not know of Stannis as a wandering prophet or valiant protector, only as a former target and once almost-executioner. Finally, he added, “Your lack of trust in me does not prevent me from trusting you. Sans speaks well of your time here among the other refugees and regards you as an ally and ‘big help,’ I think it was. You are not Matoran, but you are one of us now, and that means I’ll fight for you when the time comes, too.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

Stannis shook his head a moment, then switched to nodding. "It will."

• Like 3

OOC: Forgot a quick Rose last post.

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

Rose waved. "Hey, I don't really know you!"

The Ta-Toa leaned back in her seat while Stannis and Waveahk conversed. When are we gonna get this thing moving...?

@Snelly@Toru Nui

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

Zai's hand connected and Kor reeled back, rubbing his cheek. Instead of appearing angry, he was still grinning, letting out a little chuckle even as his dark blue face started to change shade at the point of impact. His other hand had instinctively gone for one of his combat knives, but he let his fingers go limp on it.

"Heh. Crikey."

@Dane@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zaliyah - Metru Koro

Disembarking from the Ripple, Zaliyah detached her Herding Blade and left the weapon on board, before stalking towards the makeshift entrance of the refugee camp. A part of her was impressed that the Matoran had managed to build so much in so little time. They were diligent workers, when it suited them.

She could feel their stares boring into her as she approached. Even without being able to read their minds, she knew what they were feeling - revulsion, hatred, rage - the reciprocation of every feeling she had for them. But she had to rise above it, for now. Against all odds, the League had almost been defeated at Metru Nui. For the sake of those who remained, there needed to be peace, before they and the refugees ended up wiping each other out. 

There was a very real possibility that these negotiations would break down into violence and bloodshed, but Zaliyah was going to try her hardest to ensure it wasn't her side that took the first shot. 

She stopped at the camp entrance, where some do-gooder was no doubt waiting to confront her.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rek - Gates of Metru-Koro

Well, okay. She certainly hadn't seen that coming.

The Skak scratched the side of her neck, where it joined her skull, a gesture that was far more affected than real; to look as if she was buying time to answer, even though she already knew exactly what she was going to say. She had standards, of course, and there were certain prices that she would absolutely NOT accept less than; but when all her other opportunities recently had been lousy jobs for lousy money, it wasn't like those standards were as high as she'd like them to be.

So, the needless gesture completed, she looked straight at the Toa and unabashedly named a figure in the local Skakdi currency; one high enough to be better than the last few jobs she'd taken, but not so high as to put it completely out of Earthy's reach.

"Or that's my baseline, least. Subject to change if you tell me what the actual job will be."

Still, it did seem to be they were going to do business. Ignoring Firey who was approaching, and the airship scene overhead - hey, not her problems, not her concern - Rek shrugged to herself.

"If you still want it, name's Rek. Girl to go to for all-around merc work, as long as the pay is good."

@Onaku

IC: Varxii - Outskirts of Metru-Koro

Well, she meant... they weren't wrong.

Varxii had almost given up hope of receiving an answer at all. Apparently, this was a being who demanded a lot of patience; the Vo-Toa felt a spark of irritation burning within her, quashed it as best she could. It wasn't like she had anything better to do, and she could keep watch on the Matoran settlement just as well while talking to the other being as she could otherwise; and, in fact, her gaze frequently did dart over her unlikely companion's shoulder to make sure nothing was disturbing the city-village. So far, nothing seemed to be amiss - although a vaguely-familiar speck on the horizon moving steadily closer was mildly concerning - and her attention returned to the aspect just in time to catch their next words.

She couldn't tell if they were being serious or making a joke.

If the former, they were apparently very literal? Or else very particular about word choice?

Varxii actually wasn't sure what to make of it. She simply... stared unflatteringly, trying to understand the inscrutable.

At least, until the words were joined by that low rumble that could only have been laughter. In hindsight, Varxii supposed as they elaborated, it couldn't have been anything but a joke at her expense; still, she felt herself colour a little with the embarrassment of failing to catch that fact sooner. The being was just so other to her that it was proving hard for the Toa to discern their intent... Varxii shook her head, chagrined.

Still, she had her answer. For as much as it told her.

"Well... huh. Good to know."

Natives who weren't vicious Skakdi? That was unexpected; but while Varxii would have loved to poke that subject further, she had a feeling it was going to be a long process if she tried pressing for every answer she could. Instead, then, she settled on a more immediate question.

"So, what brings you around here? As in, here, the village. Just seeing the sights?"

The clarification of here might not have been necessary; but after her previous question, Varxii rather thought it was better to be clear than to feel like she had been chided again for imprecise word choice.

@Eyru

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

It occurred to Ulkarr that with all the meaningless conversation going on, perhaps he should get in on that action. He needed these creatures to trust him, after all. "Tell me, how exactly did you come to be in this savage land? What is the nature of the decapitated titan that heralded your arrival?"

Well, if Ulkarr hadn't asked, Klawne definitely would've.

@Harvali@Tarn@Biological Chronicler

IC: Ostrox (Outside Metru-Koro, The Ripple)

'Contributing to the destruction of the universe'... you know, this was exactly the problem with ridiculous concepts like 'free speech'. Idiots could say whatever nonsense they wanted and not receive immediate correction and punishment.

They'd never believe him, of course, their feeble brains couldn't comprehend the truth. But maybe it was better this way. When these peace talks inevitably broke down due to their treachery, they would all die, screaming for salvation from a dead deity who hated them having individual voices to scream with.

He had to hold his hand over his mouth to suppress his hysterics, as he followed Zaliyah off The Ripple. He'd let her take the reins, as she had made it very clear she thought of it as her mission. That way, it would be solely her fault when the time for recriminations arrived.

@Nato the Traveler@Biological Chronicler

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

The Squad Mother's optics zeroed in on the smoke. She wirelessly commanded the Vahki drivers to head towards it, but for the sake of clarity with the organics, did a dramatic finger point towards their destination. "Life-signs detected. Changing course."

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk turned away from Stannis and onto the road. Irna, Rose, Skyra and Tekmo were now all inside, and Skorm and Keitara would follow in their own vehicle, apparently. There was no longer any reason to delay this mission. He put the keys in the ignition and drove off towards the gates that led to the outside.

"So." Tekmo clasped his hands together. "Anyone know of any good games to play on a long journey?"

Waveahk tried to will his spirit to leave his body so that they would all be horribly injured in a crash. It did not work.

It was probably for the best that the nearest exit wasn't the one The Ripple had parked outside. Had Tekmo seen its occupants, it would have ended very badly.

@EmperorWhenua@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

Kanohi swallowed, before managing to squeak out, “that … for all our lives, all of us refugees had lived inside that giant. We did not know, we thought we lived in massive caverns and caves. At least, my island did. It was our whole universe. There were islands and continents, an ocean of liquid Protodermis, and so many villages. I lived on a remote one called Okoto, we rarely got any visits. We were … it was simple there.”

But in the wider universe, A number of warlords unified into a league, a league of six kingdoms. Their leaders were the Barraki. They … began to slaughter and conquer, wiping out villages of Matoran, enslaving the rest. A Toa I spoke to said it was because the Matoran believed in Mata-Nui. I might have said that already, sorry. My village … my island was … I ran. Ran as far away as I could. And the other Matoran of Okoto who survived the purge followed.”

I … I guess by the end the Barraki ruled everything but the head. And only one island was there, Metru-Nui. I guess it was sort of Mata-Nui’s brain. I … as attacks hit the island I tried to help, rescue Matoran, repair buildings, just do something to help.

Then … the invasion happened. The Barraki forces suddenly appeared in Metru-Nui out of nowhere, and they began their slaughter. The Toa and others fought them, but the city was torn apart. I did what I could but…

I don’t know if it was because of all the deaths, or the physical damage to Metru-Nui, or even something else but … Mata-Nui, our god, his head was ripped clean off. His … his body is probably still up there. But the head was sent hurtling down to this island, where it crashed and devastated this island. More suffering.”

Kanohi squeezed his Ussal’s reins tight, his heartlight a blur of flashing, “Toa, Turaga, I … so many died, and so few are left. The Barraki rule the ruined head, most of their leaders and soldiers dead, while the Matoran live in refugee camps, at least those who survived. We … we can’t survive another war. Neither us or them. So many dead. I-I think the only way either of us can survive is if the war has ended with Mata-Nui’s death. We can’t fight again. We can’t get revenge, and they can’t attack us. Or no one will survive.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro Outskirts

They turned their eyeless face slowly toward the village. They saw little beings moving. They saw larger beings moving. They saw blue smoke rising into the sky from stoves and campfires. It was alive, but small. Nothing compared to the Skakdi settlements in the north. It would be overrun.

"The sights," they mused. "Change too quickly. I wanted to see it... before it is gone."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

The Aspect hmmed at the great robot's reply. "Nor to us, I'm afraid. We only just discovered it, ourselves. Perhaps you would like to explore it with us? I don't think you'll fit out the way we came in, anyhow. It was quite tight, and you're... very large."

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Oreius | Onu-Metru

The Toa of Fire made his way carefully through the bowels of Onu-Metru. The once-grand Archives were now a mess of broken exhibits and powerless holding tanks, and any specimens that lived here before the cataclysm were now either dead or loose in the maze of tunnels. Knowing the reputation of some of the fiercer exhibits, Oreius hoped he wouldn't run into any of them. Evading League scouts was hard enough; fighting for his life against some ancient Rahi would take time and energy he didn't have to spare.

So he stole through the tunnels as quietly as he could, keeping a watchful eye on the shadows that lurked around every corner.

IC: Taja | The Taku, Metru-Koro Outskirts

The De-Toa obeyed Knichou's advice and throttled her hearing, although she could still feel the blast of the ship's horn shake the air as it passed by. She kept it that way as the two airship captains broadcast their messages, allowing only enough sound in so she could understand what they were saying. Unlike other, more blatant exercises of her new powers, reducing her sensitivity to noise was easy—almost instinctual. Like a built-in defense mechanism against her own element.

Once the necessary "pleasantries" were exchanged, Taja restored her hearing. Then she got an idea. She'd been practicing this technique for a few days now, so why not put it into practice?

Taking a deep breath, she focused on the Ripple and slowly extended her hearing towards the other airship, filtering out the noises between them. The rumbling of the Taku's machinery, the whistling of the wind, the curious voices of people on the ground—she bypassed them, trying to tune in on whatever the crew members of the League vessel were saying.

Edited by Eyru

"Hmmm..." Varian brought up his clawed glove to his head, as if in thought, before looking back at Vent and Providence. "This is acceptable, I will join you." 

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"Games? I know tons of games!" Skyra mentioned cheerfully. "One that is great for road trips is 'I spy'! Yup yup." 

Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

IC KAthrine of the Flame - Metru Koro:

As she asked her question, her attention was understandably pulled away by the arrival of an airship, claiming to be coming in peace, and under the lead of some..."League of Six Kingdoms"? Certainly nothing Kat had ever heard of. Well, she had overheard snippets of something like that before, but hadn't really paid much attention. now she wished she had, maybe these Six Kingdoms had some strong guys in 'em!

So it was that one particularly conspicuous Toa of Fire watched the disembarking crew of the Ripple not with disdain, anger, or fear, but with an air of curiosity and fascination.

Providence did another one of his exaggerated smiles. "Excellent! Our first objective, then, had ought to be locating the source of that rhythmic thumping sound. I feel fairly good about this draft; let us try this direction."

With that, he began walking down the path that was to the right from the fork, into the draft that was blowing from it.

OOC: @Dane @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

Vent gave the robot a thumbs up before following their gassy friend into the depths, Mahi trotting beside them excitedly.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

As realisation hit at what she'd done, Zai shrank, still irritated but also incredibly fearful. 

Please understand, Lady Yumiwak, please understand.

OOC: @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Vezok's Friend

IC: Yaushe - Northern Deserts

The robot having apparently forgotten she'd spoken, Yaushe settled on her suspension and waited for them to arrive.

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

Nale stared ahead at the horizon.

"I agree with you, Kanohi. At this point another war would be mutually assured destruction. But...I don't think everyone realizes that," and she thought about Arkius, and his hunt. "I think some will continue to fight because they think it's right, that it's Mata Nui's dying will or whatever...I think we should be very careful."

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

"I'll go first," Rose said, and then peered out the window. "I spy something...red."

@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Irna | Waveahk's Hauler

"Red?" Irna said, looking out the window herself. "The sun, perhaps?"

OOC: @Snelly @Toru Nui @Tarn

IC: Parnassus | Nektann's War Party

The Horizon's Call screamed across the Zakazian landscape before slowing down until it rumbled next to an ACR walking near the head of the war party.

"She's handling like a dream there, my friend," Parnassus called up to the walker pilot, the Skakdi-Xa that they had first encountered at Fort Nektann. "Wonderful work there, Mr...."

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Skorm led Keitara to where he had parked the Muaka. As the two toa approached the vehicle, mechanical beeps and chirps emanated from inside as IV poked its head up from inside.

"Oh, right. Keitara, this is IV. It's a fohrok-va drone I found back when I was fighting inside the head. Helps me with tech stuff, probably would never have figured out how to work this thing without it." Pulling himself into the cab, Skorm shooed the automaton from the passenger seat and wiped dust from its surface.

She's going to ask what you did. Where you were fighting in the War. She's going to learn, and she's probably going to try to disintegrate you.

He powered up the vehicle. "You're actually the first Toa of Light I've encountered. I'm not sure if I can count myself, being half-and-half."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Fyura (Northern Wastes - Nektann's War Party)

The air stank of acrid motor fumes. Still, as Fyura felt the wind on her face aboard her buggy, she thought it to be better than the stench of decay around the Fau Swamps.

The fe-skakdi jammed the accelerator and her buggy shot to the front of the pack. She stuck her head out the window, fist raised in the air, whooping in excitement.

"WAAAAAAAAARGH!"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Conway

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Kanohi - trekkin’

He whispered, “I … I fear that. I know we can never know unity with the Barraki, and I … I do not know if I would be comfortable with unifying with them regardless, but we have to at least avoid one another. I fear … if the Barraki want to continue their purge, or if they want vengeance for their armies destruction. Or … or even maybe … refugees who want revenge.

He did not want to think about a Toa seeking to kill. Toa weren’t supposed to kill. But … Toa Arkius had confirmed that Mantax was dead and Toa Nale did not talk about what happened in the Archives much and that … left questions.

Kanohi stepped off his Ussal crab as they came to the base of a cliff. “I will try to scout ahead, see if the terrain might be damaged, try to fix it. It’s … it’s been a day, and I need to stay in practice.” He pointed up, and from his arm a ball of gravity was hurled into the cliff top. It hung there, before Kanohi was wrenched from the ground, hurtling up the mountain.  He scrambled onto the ledge, before looking about.

”…A telescopic lens might be useful,” he admitted quietly. He knew architecture faults and could recognize damaged terrain, up close. But on a mountain, the world stretching out in so many directions, it was hard to make out much. And with the skyscrapers of Metru-Nui gone, he would need to adjust to the landscape of … Tren-Nui.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler @Tarn

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Rose imitated a buzzer noise. "Anyone else wanna guess?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway

IC: Nale Vella - Zakazian Wilderness

Nale sat to rest her leg while Kanohi scouted ahead. She looked to Ulkarr and Klawne, curious. "So you two, you're both natives of this place? I think you're the first I've met."

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

It was an interesting device the one called 'Kanohi' used. A concentrated gravitational force... certainly, no Skakdi could ever develop such technology. He was right to disregard them.

"Well, that's not surprising," Klawne said to Nale, "the current population of the island was pretty much ninety-nine percent Skakdi before you came along... I know what it's like to have your home taken from you."

@Tarn@Biological Chronicler

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Cargo Hauler)

"Red, redredredredredredredred - Rose, is it you?"

Waveahk ignored this ridiculousness, keeping his eyes on the road. He looked through the rear window, and saw that Skorm and Keitara were not following them, as Tekmo had said. Well. They would just have to follow their tire tracks then, weren't they?

@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Navu's Hut)

Navu was awoken by the sound of activity outside. Rush hour functioned as a sort of naturally-occurring alarm clock for her. Datrox was gone - which made sense. Why would he want to be around her for any longer than absolutely necessary?

She wasn't getting paid for handing out food to people, and of course not. Was the obligation to prevent your fellows from starving really something you handed trophies out for? It wasn't even particularly good food, despite what the Toa had said. Still, there was no way she was going to keep up this enterprise forever. She'd been able to barter for what she needed so far, but 'so far' only encompassed six or seven days. This was not a sustainable business model.

As she made her way through town, handing out her 'goods' - in her opinion, they were more 'bads' than anything else - she heard whispers - because of course she did, couldn't stop eavesdropping even if she wanted to - that an airship had landed just outside the Koro. But that was none of her business, and she shouldn't poke her nose into it.

She was going to poke her nose into it. Why would an airship land outside, unless it came from somewhere else? What if... no, that wasn't possible. Inconceivable. She would go check just to be sure...