Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kanohi - The Mountains

Kanohi suddenly felt … a ripple in the air, like the fumes of the Great Furnace. He turned to see the shadows of the Muaka shift and stand up shakily. He stared in shock as the Muaka growled at their shadows, before attempting to bite them. But the shadows bit back, the cats tumbling and scratching at each other viciously. Was … was this the work of Toa Ulkarr?

The Fe-Matoran let out a sigh of relief, before shuddering as realization set in. The Rahi and their shadows were vicious, clawing and chomping and strangling each other with their jaws. Kanohi shuddered it … the poor Rahi.

Then he spotted the plumes of smoke again. He shakily stood up, he did not have the luxury to mourn the Muaka. And it’s … it’s not like his people had never hunted Rahi. He swallowed, and to the Skakdi-Xa he quietly said, “thank you.” And then with a blast of a gravity ball, he grappled over to the trio of Ulkarr, Nale, and Pardehi.

Something has happened,” he managed to squeak out, pointing towards Po-Koro, where the smoke billowed into the sky like a scream echoing through the mountains.

In the meantime, the Muaka sniffed closely at Turaga Klawne, before rearing it’s head back as it turned to face another Muaka, tumbling as it crunched it’s jaws against its own shadow. The three beasts, both corporeal and intangible, fought as they rolled into a mound of dust, spraying debris everyone. Some struck the Turaga, not harming her, but now her outline was visible thanks to a layer of dust. 

OOC: @Tarn @Biological Chronicler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui Nale and Pardehi should know about the smoke signals.

IC Po-Koro - In the End…

Turaga Jovan flew in the air, landing onto a rooftop, his magnetism holding him in place. Shakily he clutching the disk launcher Kanohi had left them, aiming it at the invaders. From the launcher he fired a Le-Metru level five disk of freezing, aiming to try to freeze an ACR solid.

Vakama meanwhile continued to fan the flames, too terrified to even look at the shadow racing towards him. He … his eyes were all but welded shut as he continued to send the smoke signal skyward. Sure … surely Kanohi would be here soon, ready to rescue him and evacuate Po-Koro. R-right? 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator and others, feel free to decide which ACR Jovan has targeted

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Pardehi - Central Mountains @Harvali@Toru Nui@Tarn@Sparticus147

He had seen the signal too. It was a twisted, black colum of smoke, reaching into the sky like an energy tick's probiscus. He sighed in frustration. They were too far away to help now, even if there were not sparred the knowledge of its presence. Besides, they had came out here for a very good reason. One of their fellow matoran was in danger, probably even seriously hurt. As a doctor, Pardehi could not abandon his patients, no matter what the cost.

He looked up at Ulkarr again. "How long can you keep them occupied like that?"

IC: Changua - Po Koro @Unreliable Narrator

She brough herself down roughly half a mio outside the village, watching as the battle raged around her. Realizing that it would do her no good to remain ignorant, she activated her flight kanoka again, rising far above the village walls. She readied her rhotouka launcher, seeking out a target.

IC: Tugarak - Metru Koro @Dane-gerous

He rubbed his fingers nervously over his council. Ostrox and Zalyiah had been gone a long time, and he was beggining to fear for their safety. For importantly, he feared what would happen if the matoran had indeed chosen to betray them, and opened fire on the Ripple.

One of his lieutenants spoke up. "Captain, the enemy vessel is departing."

Indeed it was. The Taku had turned around, speeding off in the opposite direction.

"Most strange." said Tugarak. "They said they were going to keep an eye on us. What could possibly have changed their minds?"

"There appears to be some kind of primitve smoke signal emmanating from one of the nearby villages." said the lieutenant. "I believe they are under attack."

Tugarak sighed. It was almost certainly the work of skakdi raiders. As such beings were often poorly equipped and lacking in the military discipline so highly prised among league troops, he was sure that they would be repelled easily, and things would quickly return to normal. The matoran, paranoid fools that they were, might even blame Tugarak or his lords for the attack. Oh, well. He would deal with that later. For now, he could continue on supervising without interuption.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

"I don't know how much longer I can stay here, I don't want to have to fight any more rahi, or worse, get into a fight with League soldiers."

IC ???? | Archives

"I told you, I can protecc! :annoyed:" the tinny voice reminded Okuo. A holographic keypad lit up and emerged from the access console, wordlessly prompting the "Scavenger of Metru Nui" to enter the passcode. As if to cement the gesture, it added, "Like I said to you three hours, forty-seven minutes, and eleven seconds ago, you're a welcome one! And I take care of my guests! :bigsmile:"

7 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"And what of you, Toa?" She spat the title like an insult, "Your Great Spirit is dead, and it was never divine. Where does your faith reside now?" 

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Ah yes, Unity," Stannis said, tasting the word on his tongue. "Nothing quite unites like a common enemy, and yet nothing fans the flames of conflict like discordance. Ironic."

A Matoran messenger caught sight of their approach and scurried ahead to alert the only obvious person they were headed towards. "As for me, my faith still rests in Mata Nui—He who dies and yet lives. His Destiny is a cycle and we all float in its currents. All that is likely malarkey to you, as is my faith in the unseen God, but it is all the truth I know that has preserved me."

He came to stop in front of a small, unmarked hut—Sans' hut—and gestured to it. "This is our destination. After you, lieutenant.

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Death's Doorstep)

Feeling Xane's pull on her shoulder, Enra froze for a few seconds. She then began to walk as fast as she could in the opposite direction.

"Nopenopenopenopenopenope SO MUCH NOPE."

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

As he and Enra made their way out of the cavern of NOPE, he briefly considered bringing the roof crashing down and collapsing the wretched place in on itself. But that, he feared, might anger whatever dwelled here, and he didn't want to bring some supernatural curse down upon himself or Enra.

11 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Ah yes, Unity," Stannis said, tasting the word on his tongue. "Nothing quite unites like a common enemy, and yet nothing fans the flames of conflict like discordance. Ironic."

A Matoran messenger caught sight of their approach and scurried ahead to alert the only obvious person they were headed towards. "As for me, my faith still rests in Mata Nui—He who dies and yet lives. His Destiny is a cycle and we all float in its currents. All that is likely malarkey to you, as is my faith in the unseen God, but it is all the truth I know that has preserved me."

He came to stop in front of a small, unmarked hut—Sans' hut—and gestured to it. "This is our destination. After you, lieutenant.

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

Blind faith, in a nonexistent god, Zaliyah rolled her eyes, but didn't comment out loud this time.  

She stopped at the hut, and stepped inside. 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Falh followed behind, leaving the airship.

"The shady one. The one that almost looks like one of us." He pointed out to the Ta-Toa, in reference to Ostrox. "Our priorities are best spent on him. It seems our brothers have already greeted the other freak." 

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Okuo furrowed his brows, for a moment confused what the door meant by three hours ago. He was almost certain he hadn't been in front of this door for so long... His eyes then widened as his mind pieced together what the voice might be telling him. "Right... of course."

Hoping he was right, Okuo tried putting in the code 34711 on the keypad.

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

"What happened?"

While the Rahi were... fighting their own shadows? Whatever, Klawne tried to open up the earth beneath what she had sensed earlier.

@Harvali@Tarn@Biological Chronicler@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox and Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Stannis's devotion to a god that hated him tickled Ostrox, and he desperately tried to keep himself from chuckling as Zaliyah entered the Turaga's hut. He decided to wait outside in case Sans tried something funny.

Navu was still watching and listening from afar.

@EmperorWhenua@Nato the Traveler@Dane-gerous@Tarn

IC: NU-8020S (The Maze, Vahki Transport)

"Both hypotheses are extremely unlikely." And also really really dumb, but NU-8020S left that go unsaid. The Transport continued to traverse the maze.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Northern Desert, Cargo Hauler)

"The sand could be a vibrant pink for all I care. The journey won't be made any shorter by this nonsense."

Tekmo checked the rear mirrors to see if Skorm and Keitara were still following them.

@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Mountainside)

Enra and Xane ran out of the mountain, back to the entrance adorned from skulls were they came in. "So... you, uh... wanna go somewhere else?"

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Toru Nui

IC ???? | Archives

The toxic gasses were creeping closer to the vault's doors with every passing second. The vault's security system wouldn't be affected by the chemicals but also realized Toa Okuo would not fare as well. To compensate and "protecc" the squishy's life it activated the ventilation shafts and blew strong streams of air around the door in an attempt to prevent the gas from reaching him. It wasn't a foolproof strategy, but, well, the security systems were built to counter sentients and Rahi, not clouds.

"Input: Nuuuuupe, :annoyed:" the voice said. Although capable of incredible levels of patience it still possessed a dry sense of humor in the image of its creator's personalities. "I told you, you are a Welcome one, Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui. All you have to do is enter the passcode! ^_^"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

Enra and Xane ran out of the mountain, back to the entrance adorned from skulls were they came in. "So... you, uh... wanna go somewhere else?"

"Anywhere that isn't here," he replied, with a grim nod. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okuo was silent for a moment. He'd been barking up the wrong tree this whole time. For a moment he felt immensely stupid, but then decided not to dwell on that feeling. One more try. If this wasn't right, he wasn't sure what he would do.

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IC ???? | Archives

"Input: ACCEPTED! 658060143111700520.png?v=1"

The vault's heavy doors clicked, clanged, and finally yawned open, revealing a steel vestibule with several lights in the ceiling that flickered spastically to life. Another door loomed ahead, but notably did not feature a control panel like the exterior door. "Welcome, Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui, to... The Vault!"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
For those curious, the passcode was "Welcome1" which could either be entered as text or numerically. :)
  • Like 3

"... That took me way too long to figure out." Okuo lamented as he walked into The Vault, taking a couple steps toward the inner door before looking behind him at the exterior vault door. "Should... I close the door behind me? I should close the door behind me, shouldn't I?"

4 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"Well... I hear that there's a bunch of refugee camps for all of you that came in that giant head up north. Probably not gonna have any answers you're looking for. There's also some old temples lying around from the original inhabitants."

"Are they anything like this temple?"

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn and Leklo, outside of Metru Koro

Destiny has taken us far, far further than I'd ever imagined. Perhaps that wasn't a good thing. Doubt gnawed at the back of the Korruhn's mind like a rat, as it had the entirety of his time in this strange place.

From his perch high in the misty foothills surrounding Zakaz's central volcano, Korruhn could nearly make out the whole of the western half of the island, were it not for the dense miasma of a sickly acidic fog exhausting off of the growing lake surrounding the head of the Great Spirit Robot -- Korruhn's former home. Immeasurable in size, the immense remains of the Great Spirit could be made out even in the lowest of visibility; but much of the fine detail was washed out in the fog. As the wind howled around his ears, Korruhn could make out the dozens of fires raging out of control across the carcass of Metru Nui, swaying to the rhythm of Zakaz's breath and roaring in delight at the limitless supply of fuel they had to consume. His head lowered subconsciously, weighed down with the guilt of seeing the state of his home.

Although it had been little more than a week, Korruhn had already begun to feel unbound, devoid of the Destiny which he and his friends had wholly believed. Whether Destiny was not as rigid as Korruhn was led to believe, or whether their Destiny was yet unknown, Korruhn had no answer to. But without a sense of direction, the mapmaker from Ko-Metru now found himself lost in the deep fields of the mind.

A tap on the shoulder pulled Korruhn back from his deep introspection, and in the sudden snap back to reality he remembered he was not alone. Leaning forward on his right hand, Korruhn rose to his feet and turned to meet his companion.

"Look there," Leklo said, pointing to a faroff speck to the north that jutted from the wasted earth like some smoldering hill. "That must be the Skakdi citadel we've heard about." He held the indicative gesture a moment longer, frozen in thought, and then it dropped limply to his side. The former Alpinist sighed. 

Scantly over a week ago he happily climbed about his home of Ko-Metru and was incapable of even dreaming of the nightmarish events that had unfolded soon after. When he and the Cartographer teamed up and found their first Great Disc it felt like they were able to accomplish anything. Oh, he now lamented, how wrong he had been. He was a thrill-seeker by nature who drank adrenaline for breakfast and relished in the thrill of adventure, but the unfathomable tragedy he and the rest of the former denizens of Metru Nui found themselves in brought absolutely no joy, only sadness and defeat. Metru Nui had literally fallen from the sky, and Leklo feared falling.

At least there were new mountains to climb here on "Zakaz," the small consolation that was. 

"What quadrants do you have left?" Leklo asked hollowly. In the aftermath of the cataclysm their newly discovered heroic sense of Destiny had been ripped away from them and the inexperienced toa had reverted to their previous vocations, looking for a Duty as much as the simple comfort of the familiar. Unfortunately, all they had been able to accomplish as they pioneered the new, and yet ancient, world they found themselves on was feel the same pangs of depression as before.

"None," Korruhn replied, his voice seemingly distant and unaffected. "I've been done a while. You know, cartography seems a very trivial task now that I can scale mountains with ease and lift myself above the ground with me gravitational force."

Korruhn let out a deep sigh now, and his eyes turned to Leklo. He had nothing but pride for his great friend, and the accomplishments made since they met that fateful day in Ko-Metru. His friend carried a great attitude about him, a sentiment that Korruhn could not find himself feeling. Instead, his existence of late seemed to be occupied by thoughts of self-doubt, failure, and idleness.

"Do you think this surveying work is really where our talents are best used?" Korruhn turned his head toward Metru Nui's ruins in the distance again. "Sure, we've been mapmakers and explorers our whole lives, but that was before all of this, all of these changes. We were Matoran then. We're Toa now. These powers were supposed to help us save the world, and yet here we are: our home lies dying and desecrated by filthy invaders, our entire culture eradicated, our leader dead. And now we're out here, what, making maps? Shouldn't we be out there fighting for our home, our future, and all of those that rely on us?"

"Talents, yes," Leklo ventured carefully. "It's what we've become best at. But is that where we should stop?" he asked rhetorically and paused again, mulling over the answer he already knew he needed to say. 

They were toa, true; they were supposed to be heroes, yes; they were chosen by Destiny to be something more than matoran citizens, perhaps, but with everything they knew before ripped away by the same fate that gave them what pitiful power they possessed then it seemed they were given a new directive to grow to fit in their new world. Was there a way to make things as they were before? Leklo didn't know... but Turaga Dume certainly thought so. Korruhn was right, they didn't have to stay as surveyors and climbers any longer. What they made of themselves in the new world was up to them now. Why not try and be the heroes the matoran hoped they would become?

"No. We should be out there fighting to preserve our people, and we will be. But out pasts are not useless to us and now... we can know the land better to help fight on it. You know the watchwords of Ko-Metru as well as I do, friend: 'Progress Through Knowledge.' It brought us here somehow and let's not stop applying it just because we're not in the Towers."

Korruhn's eyes narrowed in the slightest as the quandary churned the annals of his thoughts. He knew the importance of the cartographic ventures in the region, even surveying for the construction of the Koro; but these tasks can be learned, unlike these newfound powers. He turned back to Leklo again, his face emoting conviction now.

"We must go speak with Sans at once."

---

By the time the two Toa had entered the roughshodden wooden walls of Metru Koro, night had befallen the island. The two strode with purpose through the emptying streets of the late evening, until they arrived at Sans' hut. Korruhn knocked.

"Sans? We need to speak with you."

OOC: @Azibo

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Uraborask (Central Mountains)

Mere moments from tearing into the hide of a nearby muaka, Uraborask was stopped by the sudden appearance of the muaka's own shadows tearing into them. With his beastial focus broken, Uraborask finally realized that their was more then just a matoran, but there was an entire company of matoran, turaga, toa, and...Wait?

Is that what Uraborask thinks it is. Although it looked similar to a toa in size, its wears an unfamiliar mask, and the shadows attacking the muakas. Uraborask sensed a familiar energy from this being but he will find out more about this in his own time but for now, all he desired was his prize.

Approaching the crippled muaka alpha, Uraborask quickly put it down with his machete, followed by him stripping the rahi of its masks and taking the treads he shot with his bow. After which, Uraborask, curious about the toa-like being but not wanting to engage with the lot, slunk over the nearby ridge and using his kraata of chameleon, blended into his surroundings, waiting to track his next quarry.

IC: @Toru Nui @Harvali @Biological Chronicler @Tarn Uraborask will proceed to remain hidden and follow the lot of you.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

Korio tried to hide a smirk as he rubbed his cheek, watching Zai cower before Yumiwak. It was like a parent scolding her problem children. He knew that Zai hated the idea of ever apologizing to him, it must have been positively nauseating just to say the words, but when Yumiwak orders you, you don't say no, thank you. Maybe if you wanted to shed your mortal coil sooner, and the Ta-Skakdi very clearly didn't want to upset her queen any further.

"I... I am sorry, Korio."

"All's forgiven, mate," he replied, placing a hand on his chest. "Won't happen again. Honest." It was really his own fault for provoking her, and he knew that. He'd almost gotten away with it, too, but then... "I don't ask you to love each other and I don't need you to consider each other family, but what I do require is you to respect each other like the civilized Skakdi I lead. That is my only rule." Yumi looked to Korio with eyes like daggers. He swallowed, the smirk gone.

"And the rule applies to you, too.

"Understood, Miss Yumi," Kor replied with a nod, his hand going from his chest to his head in a salute. He certainly didn't want to upset her either. Once his queen's attention returned to ol' McGrokk, the latter began to tell a tale, passing out refreshments to the trio. Kor took a sip as he listened in and got the gist of it: whole tribe of Mesi dead. Circumstances spooky. But maybe the work of their target, whom Korio had taken to calling "Cool Pants" in his head but not around his companions as a nickname. That was a good name someone could have, though. "Oi, what's your name?" some bloke would ask. "It's Cool Pants, mate," the person with a good name would reply, and the first bloke would have their mind blown. Especially if they weren't wearin' any pants.

He may have spaced out at that point.

The Vo-Skakdi was quickly brought back to reality by the sight of a gorgeous and big weapon, apparently left behind by whoever massacred the ol' Mesi. Kor's eyes lit up, and immediately the primal instinct to pick it up and dakka was activated. He was tempted to ask Yumi if he could have it, but chose not to speak up at the moment.

"It's a good story," he said, taking another sip of tea. "Real good story."

His crimson eyes were still on the weapon.

@Dane-gerous@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: On the western border of (5,8) or (6,8) on the hex map. Also, I don't know if I can possibly tag all of the players involved without missing someone, but here goes...

@Snelly, @~Xemnas~, @Tarn, @pokemonlover360, @Harvali, @Onaku... and the one person I definitely forgot.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Odd Company Journeys North from Metru-Koro

Reassembled, Odd Company and some new faces set out North from Metru-Koro. They traveled the first day in peaceful contemplation and exhaustive conversation, reconnecting after the time apart. It seemed no matter how long they talked there was still some new incite about the past, or the present, or the future for some members of the group. Vashni’s mind continued to brush against several wild rahi, none hostile. Zadred’s impressively good eyes helped them avoid any dangerous packs of kavinika in these strange foothills. 

A constant in the new land full of discovery was the silvery lake and the broken skull to their Western side. Kilo-M9 had a perfect sense of direction, but didn’t need to remind the group about which way to look to see their past. The silver lake emitted a constant grey miasma, thick as a coastal fog in the morning. It smelled like rotting flesh, a clear indication to not get close to the water’s edge. As night on the first day approached, and as they began to put the lake on their southwestern side, the group could choose to carry on or settle in for an evening among the rocky crags of the blasted out mountainside. 

As the thought of camping arrived with the beginning of evening, so too did a strange sight: the remains of a scrap-metal skakdi fort. It dangled off the side of a plateau, part of it extending out over the edge of the toxic lake, and bits of scrap being corroded in the waters. It once had several stories if the long steel beams sticking out of the torn off roof were any indication, but now it looked like an unfinished single story shanty town house after being hit by a bomb. 

Atamai’s foot bumped into something as the fort grew closer. Looking down he could see it was the recently deceased remains of a red skakdi. 

Or what was left of him, anyways.

Happy chat.

OOC: mobile

"Very well. You know this area better than I, where might we find one of these temples?"

• Like 1

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

“I see,” Pridak said as he sat back down in his throne and then immediately noticed yet another toa step through the elevator door. How did Ehlek avoid this constant bothering? He would have to ask. Pridak would also need to promote some soldiers to do the busy work. He had a few in mind already, but...

Back to the matter at hand ,should Pridak toss this new toa off the balcony for being the lucky winner of Pridak’s totally not rigged competition wrath? Should he end this -- oh what was this pitiful excuse for a sentient rahi called again, someone earlier in the week had said something about this individual -- Ohrash’s life before the inevitable hero complex that befell a toa could set in? This Seybo seemed more enraptured with Pridak than his own boot cleaners. This Ohrash seemed… 

Perfectly timed actually. 

“Dark Hunters used to work in pairs, and I’m sure you would appreciate me offering you a new partner in these… trying times… Seybo. So, here you go. Seybo, Ohrash. Ohrash, Seybo. I’ve recently accepted a request to try and have peace with the turaga Sans and his newly anointed hillside ghetto of Metru-Koro. I don’t think it will pan out, but here’s to hoping for the better days when his mask is in my armory. However, you two are going to help with another issue to the continued success of our safe growth in this new place we call home. Before everything collapsed, the Dark Hunters I’m told were hoping to kill a common enemy: Stannis. They stopped. I would like both of you to… finish the job. Bring me his mask when you’re done. And be quiet about it.”

He waved his hand dismissively. They were free to go.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~

IC: Reliable Narrator | plains and valleys south of Irnakk’s Tooth

Gnabol and Mazor were the proud adoptive fathers in this time of misfortune to six skaklets, seven adult sized bedrolls, and gear for seven raiding skakdi.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Smudge8

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Oreius | The Archives, Onu-Metru

Listening to the conversation, it seemed to Oreius that one was an outside and one was some kind of robotic gatekeeper. It appeared that neither were affiliated with the League.

He prepared to reveal himself, but was distracted by the appearance of a scarlet miasma that was beginning to creep along the floor, twisting and billowing in the dim light of his floating spark. A rush of wind from around the corner suggested that one of the beings had some control over air—enough, at least, to ward off this eerie mist. The Toa of Fire drew his sword just in case, then turned the corner and walked quickly towards the source of the voices—

—but all he found was a closed door. There was no one there.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

“I see,” Pridak said as he sat back down in his throne and then immediately noticed yet another toa step through the elevator door. How did Ehlek avoid this constant bothering? He would have to ask. Pridak would also need to promote some soldiers to do the busy work. He had a few in mind already, but...

Back to the matter at hand ,should Pridak toss this new toa off the balcony for being the lucky winner of Pridak’s totally not rigged competition wrath? Should he end this -- oh what was this pitiful excuse for a sentient rahi called again, someone earlier in the week had said something about this individual -- Ohrash’s life before the inevitable hero complex that befell a toa could set in? This Seybo seemed more enraptured with Pridak than his own boot cleaners. This Ohrash seemed… 

Perfectly timed actually. 

“Dark Hunters used to work in pairs, and I’m sure you would appreciate me offering you a new partner in these… trying times… Seybo. So, here you go. Seybo, Ohrash. Ohrash, Seybo. I’ve recently accepted a request to try and have peace with the turaga Sans and his newly anointed hillside ghetto of Metru-Koro. I don’t think it will pan out, but here’s to hoping for the better days when his mask is in my armory. However, you two are going to help with another issue to the continued success of our safe growth in this new place we call home. Before everything collapsed, the Dark Hunters I’m told were hoping to kill a common enemy: Stannis. They stopped. I would like both of you to… finish the job. Bring me his mask when you’re done. And be quiet about it.”

He waved his hand dismissively. They were free to go.

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - The Coliseum

With - Pridak and Aurax

Saybo heard and understood. The words gave him a more focused purpose than just protecting his village, the League. Poor Stannis, though. The Toa of Stone may have stopped Saybo from completing a couple of his jobs in the past, but it had all been in good fun. After all, Stannis had never tried to kill him before. Well, there was that one time with the giant statue of a Matoran, but Stannis had assured him immediately afterwards that that had been an accident.

Plus, Saybo had never really tried to kill him. He had always seen Stannis as a rock in a pond. Saybo could just swim around and still accomplish his task. The Toa of Stone was basically harmless.

Nodding in compliance, Saybo responded with a, “Yes, my lord,” and stood, striding back to the elevator and stepping inside after the door slid open. Only then did he lift his eyes, as he waited for this “Ohrash” to join him. He would obey all orders given to him by his Great Being. He needed to know no more and no less. Saybo was sure “Ohrash” would be able to fill him in on all the unimportant details, like where Metru-Koro was, and how they could possibly hope to begin searching for Toa Stannis. Plus there were even smaller details like how they were going to travel.

Pondering as he waited, Saybo wondered if Stannis knowing him from who knows how long ago would affect this mission. Nah, I got this. Stannis doesn’t know how I assassinate people. And he only met me those two times. And one of those times was in the dark. Oh and it was raining. And the other time I got stuck so far inside of that Matoran statue with my mask off that it took two days for those Po-Matoran to chizel me out after Stannis left. I kind of wish I could feel embarrassment about that one.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Le-Metru Nuva - On the Northwestern fringes of the Fau Swamp

With - NPC Toa of Fire (Torch) and NPC Le-Matoran (Wing)

Sunlight lazily fell through the ever present fog of the Fau Swamp, peeking through the thick overhead foliage and illuminating everything with a weakened light. Shadows abounded, strong and thick and bold. Many mushrooms hid under branches, craving the dark, their spores contributing to the fog and haze. Their vibrant yellows, greens, violets, and reds describing their danger to wizened inhabitants of the land.

Fleshy, brightly colored plants coated much of the ground and even wound up some trees, the larger ones having turned carnivorous at some unknown time in the past, as the swamp was wont to do. Their strangling vivid green vines hung there, their ability to spring to life and strangle conveniently hidden away behind the ignorance of those passing by.

Mist curled around the bogs and puddles, the acid pools slowly bubbling every time they caught an unfortunate insect or toad. The smells were almost as bad as the acid pools, attempting to strip muscle from armor via proxy. Many of the progressively mutated Rahi also gave off horrible smells, implying there was more at play than simply a toxic bog.

Many toads were croaking, heedless to the time of day and their own safety. Vicious roars and terrifying shrieks flew through the air occasionally like a phantom being rushing past you that you sensed one moment but lost the next. Many Rahi belted out their challenges, marking their territory and proclaiming their superiority. But what many who had survived the swamp would tell you is that the quiet beasts were the deadliest. Those Rahi and insects who deftly stalked their prey in silence, patiently awaiting the proper moment to attack and consume.

Various mutagens and diseases also made their home in the swamp, contentedly awaiting in various waterways and floating within the mists themselves. They traveled the swamp within Rahi or on the backs of insects, spreading without concern for those they destroyed.

A certain massive tree sat in the midst of it all, content to feed from the ground, growing for centuries as it denied sunlight to other trees in direct competition. It sat there, bark gnarled, yet strong. Many creatures had called it home over its centuries of life, yet it was aware of nothing and no one, not even the passage of time. It was located on a small rise, allowing more clever inhabitants of the swamp to survey the land below and navigate the disease and garbage ridden waterways.

Deep shadows were produced by the sheer mass of the tree, capable of almost perfectly hiding a being from sight even at full noon. In one of the crooks of the tree, betwixt two of its massive, raised roots, crouched Sorilax and his Toa of Fire companion. Ghekula could be heard moving about, though not in sight, and Sorilax spotted a rather large bog snake resting in the top of another tree, roughly half of it basking in what sunlight could be found above the canopy.

Studying the surrounding trees would have been hard work in the dim light, but for Sorilax it was easy, he simply reached out with his control over Shadow, mentally scanning the trees as if he was running his hand along their bark. There were gouges indicating where a giant centipede had passed through as it moved from tree to tree. So there is one in the area.

Mentally following the marks, the trail moved out of Sorilax’s range as he crouched stationary under the old tree. Sorilax extended his field of Silence and motioned for the Le-Matoran in the branches of the tree to climb down. Sorilax’s Silence field didn’t extend too far due to his control being such a low level, so for the most part the Le-Matoran had to remain quiet on her own.

She fell the last few feet to the ground, her sack of Kanoka Disks silently jostling against one another. Now there was a discovery. Disks with power? Purely fascinating. Sorilax was continually amazed by the technology of the inhabitants of the giant robot. He had quickly created a heading in one of his scrolls so that he could explore the topic in depth at some point in the future.

Speaking of his scrolls, Sorilax subconsciously reached for them and felt empty when they weren’t there. His scrolls, along with his Midak Skyblaster and his Second Skin ACR were back at Le-Metru Nuva, allowing the villagers there a better chance to defend themselves should they come under attack, whether by sentient creatures or non. Still, he felt almost lost without them. So much new information had already been written down about the Matoran and their old home, yet none of it had been transferred to stone tablets back at Sorilax’s Kumu Islet temple home. And so it felt as if they might be snatched away at any moment, irretrievable and forever out of reach. Like a choice you should have made, retreating far into the past, lost to everyone’s memory but yours.

The Le-Matoran smacked him and Sorilax’s wandering mind was brought back to the present. Right,” he said, “Thank you, Wing.” Sorilax turned to his two companions and spoke in a hushed voice, as his Silence only produced a field, not a bubble, so he couldn’t currently use it, “I definitely see the marks of a giant centipede that moved through here. We’re going to have to go farther into the swamp to find it, though. I’m sure it doesn’t spend too much time on the fringes; not enough food, I’m afraid.

Sorilax eyed the bog snake. It hadn’t moved. “Wing, try to follow Torch and I from the trees as quietly as you can, but be careful. Often the trees are far worse than the swamp floor. And watch out for Brakas. They can be quite loud and bring much unwanted attention. Also, never touch any part of a branch that has tall lavender mushrooms with hexagons cut out of them, remember that. The rest of the tree is fine, but not that branch.

Turning to Torch and putting a long arm on the crouching Toa of Fire’s shoulder, Sorilax asked, “Are you ready, old chap?

Torch nodded, squeezing his sword’s handle, “I will get revenge for those it consumed.” His Kanohi Rau was set, determined on what lay in store for the giant insect. “And I will protect those who remain.” Turning to the Matoran in the darkness of the crook of the tree, the Toa added, “And be careful, Wing, don’t throw those Kanoka unless you need to. Just be content to navigate us back home when this all is over.”

Wing eyed the larger being the best she could in the shadows, sizing him up in a way, “I will do my best for my new village.” And with that she scampered back up the tree, motioning to those below when she was ready for them to move.

Sorilax activated his field of Silence and began leading Torch and Wing along the tracks left behind by the culprit of the murders that had taken place early last night.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot to bold part of Sorilax's speech text.
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

11 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“But yes there I was, newly in love with this when I spotted a glint of something in the dark up ahead. And there she was: larger than life, striding through the wastes. Lost child of the stars, clad in splendid iridescence. Quite a sight to behold, believe you me. Only saw her for a second before she turned and disappeared into the dunes.”

IC Yumiwak | Ye Olde Shoppe

It delighted me to see that there were still people who embraced the culture of civility as much as my ancestors did and treated guests under their roof as welcome ones. Well, what was left of their roof, I supposed, but beggars can't choose and Kunok McGrokk was gracious enough with what he had. I took the cup of tea he provided with glee—mint? with lapsang souchong? and a hint of toasted hazelnut? It was an odd combination, but good, much like the tale the trader spun.

My mind went abuzz with the things he told and I was enraptured by the spectacularity of it all. I sipped only when he did because I was too captivated to do anything when he spoke. The man from Noshimak's told only the barest parts of the real story, if Kunok was to be believed, which I believed he was. Riggers move about quite liberally, and when we are not on a meandering warpath we still travel, trade, and pillage; Kunok firmly placed himself as as a trader without regard for allegiances, and was kept alive most peculiarly by his wit and keenness to not choose sides. It was partly why he set up shop this far from The Rig—he was a Rigger in name only, an outlier who cared more about his own livelihood and goals than the coalition's, and had carved a niche to his own specifications with quite a good mind. In short, he was nearly a kindred spirit of mine and someone I gave begrudging respect to and it was respect, not trust, that caused me to give his story credence. McGrokk was a storyteller, not a liar; untruth often begot a vengeful hatchet to the spine among the Skakdi of Zakaz. 

The gun he displayed was as fascinating to me as the rest of the story, a marvelous example of destructive technology that surely was more powerful than my carbine and awesome to behold. The fact that it didn't have any ammunition was a setback, sure, but still, for most people just staring down the barrel of the gun and hearing its hammer cock back would be a good deterrent. And if we could obtain ammunition, well, I'd love to take it on a test run against Mesi myself. 

But it was the clincher lines that sealed the deal for me. Whoever this warrior was she sounded ethereally powerful and fantastic to have. The gun was impressive and I could buy the gun, easy, but the person who wielded it... w o a h — the real prize was this warrior, whoever she was. The feeling that I could not be able to claim her didn't cross my mind, all I knew is that I needed to find her and make her my captive. If I could do that it would stand as proof of my power and grant me further license to splinter on my own. It would be another step on the path of reclaiming my ancestor's greatness and I would not have it any other way. My eyes must have been aglow with zeal because Kunok smiled knowingly at me, probably sensing what I was about to ask already. 

"Tell me, Kunok—where was this? Where was she headed? And how long ago?" I asked determinedly, almost desperately. I realized then that perhaps I looked a little flushed. The challenge, or perhaps just the warrior, had aroused my focus to no end. 

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Irna | Waveahk's Hauler

"Is it...."

Irna looked around the interior of the hauler, at her compatriots, even down at--

"...my armour?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn

IC: Parnassus | Po-Koro

"Well, well, well," Parnassus said, slowing their hover-bike to a stop in front of an alleyway that -- miraculously, the Aspect thought -- had managed to remain untouched in this war. An alleyway where a shambling machine of an individual stood in the darkness, who seemed to be ... waiting? Did individuals normally wait around in alleyways during a war? Parnassus didn't know. Parnassus had only ever heard of war, after all.

"Afternoon, my friend," the Aspect said. "Lovely day we're having here, don't you think?"

OOC: @The UltimoScorp

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sala (Le-Metru Nuva)

It has been a week since the crash, and already a new home like this has been formed, and to no small part thanks to their mysterious patron. But even with all the effort the matoran have put into this place, it is still not a safe place.

Sala had hoped to go along with Sorilax and Torch on their endeavor into the swamp to deal with whatever attacked them a day ago, but Sorilax made an extreme point for him to not go with. At least Sorilax gave him some form of task of recording what he knows no matter how off-handed the comment was. Unfortunately, Sala didn't know what he could use, as Sorilax didn't have any spare parchment and he kept his ink on him. Maybe...leaves? Plant pigment? Yes, with a triumphant look, Sala ran off to gather himself leaves and some plant pigment to write down all he knew. This surely will prove to Sorilax that he can be trusted to come along on adventures.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC Kilo-M9 - North, in the wilderness:

Environmental mapping in progress.

Constructing partial map of island.

Comparing to map of Metru Nui. Overlaying maps.

While the rest of the group exchanged stories of their adventures during their first week on the island that had become their home, the mechanical enforcer was processing data. Before the group had set out on their latest adventure, the machine had completed its nightly patrol before reporting its departure to the higher ups in the village defense staff. The guard staff would need to know to fill the gap in the night patrols while the machine was away. There were no supplies that needed to be gathered, so the machine took some time to scan all existing maps the Metru Koro scouts had created in the first week. On the day’s trip those maps would be combined with each other as well as the existing data that had been collected during the evacuation in order to create an overall map of the island. Once the group had a more complete picture of the new locale it would be easier to locate the temples.

Occasionally one of the group would ask a question to the steel sentinel. The answers that were returned were brief but efficient in conveying information. The machine had been guarding the matoran all week. Nothing more, nothing less. The only questions asked in return were about the capabilities of the Odd Company’s newest companions. It was important for each group member to know the capabilities of the people they would be relying on. If Collector’s odd behavior bothered the machine, there were no signs to be observed.

Structure found. Extensive damage observed. No immediate resemblance to known architectural styles.

Corpse detected. Skakdi, red coloration, deceased. Time of death: recent. Further analysis required.

Scanning body for cause of death, relative time of death, notable features or markings...

Increasing gain of audio receptors. Expanding range of checked sounds. Scanning for audio signals.

Analyzing companion capabilities. Assigning primary search roles accordingly...

This unit will investigate body,” the machine’s voice declared, quieter than usual. It had its blades out and tail raised, ready to attack any intruders. “Additionally, scanning incoming audio for hostiles. Ally Vashni, search for nearby organic signals. Companion Zadred, scan for entities and tracks in surrounding area. Others, maintain quiet, prepare for possible hostiles. This area may not be secure.”

OOC: @Tarn@Snelly@Onaku@~Xemnas~@Harvali@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic