Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC [Strange Tunnels]:

The tunnel led the group on, gradually sloping down. As it went deeper, they could feel the air getting warmer and as a result, the smell of the fungi and other slimy things covering the tunnel walls became more and more intense. The only one who didn’t notice was Zak-Yak, who was used to it. They talked and laughed. And in response to Providence’s laughter, another blood-curdling scream could be heard, much closer this time. They froze, staring ahead into the darkness, only to see it wasn’t dark anymore. The tunnel went around a bend up ahead, and coming from beyond was flickering, orange fire light, casting bizarrely dancing shadows onto the wall. 

The chittering that had guided them here was now a cacophony of voices shouting incoherently about death and rebirth and other metaphysical concepts. But how many exactly there were and what they were up to - they would have to get closer to find that out, at the risk of being discovered. Unless they could find another way that left them less exposed. The tunnels honeycombed down here, maybe there was an alternative approach -  they had a local with them after all.

OOC: Alright, time to sneak an Exo-Toa into a cult meeting =P Feel free to come up with approaches! @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Dane-gerous @Burnmad

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamp

"MY ###### EYES," screamed Rose, raising her arms to cover her optics and not have them get burned out of her skull. She moved to get behind the cargo hauler for cover, grumbling something about it being like having a flashbang thrown at you. "You guys are so intent on leaving--don't you wanna bring this thing down and tell the story?"

Meanwhile, Keitara was doing...something. And whatever it was, it didn't make Rose feel very good.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"Uh, well, Voka is...alright," Nale replied. Not exactly true, but the village was already in a sad situation, and she had hope for the Vo-Matoran. "Kanohi took her to Metru-Koro. But, if the village really needs the crystal launcher, then that's okay. Arkius can use his element for what we're planning."

@Harvali

IC: Triage - The Taku

"No, no! It's fine, we all have our doubts some times. Perfectly normal," Triage said, in a very doctorly way.

@Onaku

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

Korio boarded the Panda with the box of furs, whistling a tune to himself still. "Oi, you ladies havin' a bit of girl talk or somethin'? Ha! Just kiddin'...hey Yso!"

@Dane-gerous@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

"There is no risk. The only issue is that it requires a fresh, still-flashing heartlight to work. If I could change it so that it were literally anything else, I would. Like a rock. Or, if it had to be a part of the body, a tooth. As for using it for constructive purposes... Rahi Control could be used to tame beasts of burden in mere seconds. Adaptation can be used to learn new skills with great speed. Weather Control would supply rain during dry seasons."

@Harvali

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk clambered back inside the vehicle and began to start the engine. "WHAT PART OF 'THAT WAS AN ORDER' IS DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND?!"

Tekmo was at a loss for words. He wanted to do as Waveahk said and get out of there... but he didn't want to leave Keitara behind either, even though he could tell something was going wrong. He could feel the raw power that was coming from Keitara. He felt the surrounding moss and reeds become... tainted by this force he did not understand, emanating from her. What was she?

@TL01 NUVA@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

Navu stared defiantly for a few moments, before... running away.

@Dane-gerous@Tarn

IC Kanohi - Metru-Koro

Okay, and if possible, maybe share what Turaga Klawne told us of the Kaita. It … it might give the Matoran hope, if we could turn our unity into an avatar for a lesser spirit, make the virtues seem less shaky,” Kanohi then turned to Toa Stannis and said, “I can explain to you about that later, though Turaga Klawne would know more. For now, we should go.”

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

IC Po-Koro

”…You mentioned plants to Toa Arkius,” the De-Matoran swallowed, “Could … could we gain the power to grow plants? Then we might be able to make Po-Koro more fertile, or grow bamboo for tools. Or even just grow weeds for Mahi to eat? If we could feed those goats, then maybe we could keep a herd, have them for meat and milk, use their horns for tools, maybe even to haul things around the village.” He drummed his thigh with a growing eagerness, the clattering sound hurt his ears, but it was a good kind of hurt.

Elsewhere, the Ko-Matoran nodded and said, “thank you, I … I at least can work on modifying it now. And … thank you again. It’s a relief to know she is okay. She should be safe in Po-Koro.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

28 minutes ago, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Legion - Po-Koro:

"A cyclical thing. Power to you, favor to us, as the favor grows, so too does the power."

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"I'll leave this one in your capable hands," Whisper said, unfurling her twisted wings and beginning to flap off deeper into the village, flying low to the ground in search of more interesting prey. She wasn't a pack hunter. She preferred to do her own hunting. 

OOC: Whisper is OFI in Po-Koro.

48 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

"I couldn't help but notice your skills at negotiation earlier. With your hostage there" -- they nodded over to the figure still in the grip of the Skakdi's ACR -- "and with our dear friend, Boss."

IC: Reson - Scrapshop

Though his powers were significantly reduced without his mask, Reson's hearing was still plenty good enough to pick up that he was being talked about. He shifted his head, squinting to get a better look at the being talking about him. He frowned, though given he was still upside down it would likely look more like a smile at first glance. "Don't take this the wrong way, but, uh, what are you?" 

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Po-Koro

The Ce-Matoran felt her heartbeat steady a bit as the more terrifying of the pair flew away. Was … it possible to get the power to protect Po-Koro. To make up for her mistakes? But still, she knew she was gullible. Her servitude to the Order proved that. And they … they were so strange. But … her fear of others had led to so many Matoran dying. Maybe … maybe they would kill Matoran if she said no. But then they couldn’t be trusted. But they had not done anything wrong yet, had they?

She looked past the Legion, to Po-Koro. Still massive chunks of the wall was shattered, huts were still being mended, but worse than that; twenty five Matoran were dead, slaughtered and pulverized, their bodies dragged to a corner of the village, flies already picking at them, despite the attempts of an Onu-Matoran to drive them away.

All those dead, millions in Metru-Nui, and now a chunk of the few surviving refugees in Po-Koro. They were running out of Matoran. 

Finally she turned to Legion and said, “I … I will not betray Po-Koro. If I owe you a favor you … you cannot ask me to hurt the Matoran, or the village. I would rather die.

OOC: @ultimoscorp

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

A little perturbed, Vent looked to the others. "I think, uh...maybe we should be quiet?" 

OOC: @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Sparticus147

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

As Navu fled, Falh sighed after staring his nemesis down just a bit longer, before slowly and gently beginning to push the icy statue into Navu's home. 

She'd be back, soon enough, but for now he had some alone time with his nemesis. He wasn't sure yet what he'd do. Ideally, he'd haul him back to his own home, but the distance would make it far easier to be caught. No, clearly he'd have to either kill him, or force him to walk to his home under the pretense that he wouldn't be a living trophy for the rest of his life.

A hard debate.

He touched the face of Datrox's prison of ice as he slid him to face in front of Navu's bed, freeing up his mouth, nose and eyes for the time being. They'd speak briefly, and then it was back to forcible silence for the Ta-Toa. Or eternal sleep. It truthfully depended.

Falh sat on Navu's bed, elbows on his knees in contemplation.

"Your Matoran friend has made this difficult." Falh said, simply.

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, the Taku

The Toa of iron smirked with satisfaction as the makeshift radio transmitter began broadcasting and transmitting correctly. He switched it off and began work on the next component.

The radio needed power, and Knichou need to ensure that it would be online at all times. The best method he could think of was a rechargeable battery attached to a small windmill that he could build on the radio tower. The windmill itself would be easy enough to build when the tower was complete, but Knichou wanted to ensure that the electronics for storing that energy worked.

While Knichou attached a hand crank to the power system, he continued to contemplate. He had noticed he was slipping up a bit more than usual while trying to build this radio. Perhaps that was due to his stress, but the more likely explanation was all the alcohol. Was that also why he was acting so strange with Nale back in his quarters? Could she have thought all... that... was because of the drinking? Was Knichou himself trying to use that as an excuse for his unprofessional behavior? What about the smile, was that real?

"Captain, I think-feel the power-charger is working," Berys said from over Knichou's shoulder. The Toa had been playfully spinning the crank to test it, and had increased his speed while he lost focus. The battery status light shone a bright green.

"Just... endurance testing it, Berys," Knichou replied. "But thank you. I'll be back soon, tell the crew to make sure they're ready, once this is installed we'll be leaving this village."

Knichou left the strange piece of equipment on the floor, opting instead to first pick up the toolbox and place it back in his quarters. He walked in the room. It felt emptier. He placed the toolbox on a shelf, then crouched down to pull out a metallic suitcase from underneath his bunk. He placed it on top of the bed, knowing he'd need it soon.

As Knichou stood up, he took one last look at the room around him. He saw the reflection of his kakama in the washroom mirror at the end of the room. Through the mirror, a Toa of water stepped in front of Knichou's doppelganger. The look on her face was smug, as if she had seen a hapaka get outsmarted in a game of fetch by the thrower pretending to throw the ball without releasing it. A crude steel knife materialized in Knichou's hand as he raised his arm to up throw it at the apparition. The steel knife twirled through the air majestically as it completely missed the mirror, lodging itself in to the bulkhead wall a foot to the left of the open door to the washroom. Seething with frustration, Knichou used his control over iron to slam the door to the washroom shut. He growled and tried to calm himself down.

"Everything good-fine back there boss?" Knichou heard Berys ask him over the radio a moment later.

"Yes, it's nothing... I just dropped something... I'll be out in a minute..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut

I had expected Falh to kill me. I had expected him to take advantage of my distractedness, and strike me down, getting the one thing stopping him from going after the League out of the way. I underestimated how truly depraved he was. My mind had raced since the moment he'd frozen me, trying to figure a way out, but my lack of elemental control meant I was forced to stay put. Had this been a longer time ago, before the crash, I'd have melted my prison away and shown the Toa of Ice what it meant to be a firespitter.

"You're insane," was my reply. "Leave Navu out of this. She tried to help you, too, you know."

@Dane-gerous

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

She nodded to the Ko-Matoran and smiled. "Now," she said, turning to Arkius, "let's get to work."

@Onaku

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

"No, whilst I'm sure it would hurt you if I hurt her, she has no part in this. This is you and me, hmm?"

Falh smiled, but the room and what Datrox said reminded him that the two had quite possibly saved his life. It had genuinely hurt him, what Datrox had done.

"I am sorry." He said, quietly.

• Like 1

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Hut

"I wanted to spite you, make you suffer, as I said. But...the cravings, you helped. Had I succumbed, I'd never truly be at my peak, never truly have what it takes to take my enemies on. Maybe you are right." He looked him in the eyes. "You deserve death, not damnation."

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius nodded. "So... where to build a radio tower?"

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Iradra sighed deeply. Finally, after a moment of consideration, she stood up, her posture once more defined by grace as before as she approached the medic. "Alright. Tell me how I can help."

@Tarn

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

"Only my best buddy here." Rangi said, patting Clanka-Clunk's back before noticing he'd pricked a finger on one of the mane's blades. "Aside from him I don't really have much luck making friends."

@Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Barius - Mega's Scrapshop

The Skakdi grinned out at the captive from within his power armor. "This fella's an Aspect, Toa. You'll hear 'em called demons, boogeymen-- skaklets are scared of 'em." He looked into Parnassus' eyes, leaving the obvious unsaid: He was not. "Barius is right, stranger. And I reckon I'll get a chance to put those bargaining skills of mine to good use again, real soon." He nodded in the direction of the fleet of war rigs. Some of the skaks had gotten out to stretch their legs; others remained within their vehicles.

"Whaddaya say: First kill from our next stop, I rip their heartlight out, just for you?" He was annoyed that the Toa would gain an inkling of the rite of desecration, but he wasn't going to pass up this chance.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

It wasn't dark anymore... until it was. Providence pulled the shadows from up the tunnel and all around, twisting them around his party so that they could hide within them. "Here," he whispered. "I'll help us remain unseen."

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: ??? - Fau Swamp

Nearby, a figure squatted low, perched in a tree as he watched the giant crab shrug off all attacks. He'd seen this all before, several times in fact. He wasn't keen on getting involved, but he'd try and urge them away. And if the fight drifted near to the tree he was in... perhaps he would join the fray. He hated to see unwary travelers become the beast's dinner. Unless they were Skakdi, of course.

He reached out to the airborne being he'd felt earlier. "You and your companions must flee. You cannot hope to beat her..."

OOC: (That's Skyra, @Snelly)

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Wastes, Abandoned Campsite

While the vahki focused her attention on the digital technology available for sleuthing through, the others were left with the opportunity to explore the campsite as they saw fit.

As the cracked screen flickered with colors, NU-8020S determined the phone had approximately 15% battery life left because the little battery icon at the top right of the screen said 15%. An app used for SMS communication between a “layonme” and an “EyeCandy” was already open:

Received: Dume dark hunters new target. Advise on next move?

Sent: Let them. Where’s Nidhiki?

Received: Unknown. What is relevance? Also, position with rogue Dark Hunter group may be compromised.

Sent: He's supposed to open the portal to drop in. Find him now. He said he'd be somewhere cold, whatever that means.

Received: Affirmative. Will meet with Nidhiki, suspect he means Ko. Best wishes xx

Received: Door's up. Ready to see you whenever, xx

Sent: K

Outbound phone call, answered, 4:03. 

Incoming Video call, answered, 1:35.

Sent: Are u okay?

Sent:Hey

Sent: Ya Ded?

Sent: u not like the shades?

Sent: Leo?

Sent: ???

Sent: Please call me.

Sent: I miss you

OOC:

@xccj @Jakura Nuva, @Edelgard, @Toru Nui

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro Outskirts

They had heard younger beings refer to themselves with these strange little words before. If the same word was used long enough, they grudgingly accepted it. Like the Skakdi. They had called them young ones for a long time. Because they were young. Then, after a long time passed: finned-smiling-violent-fighting-machine-riding-two-legged-weapon-bearing-young ones. To differentiate from the other young ones. After another long time, the shorthand Skakdi was accepted among the Aspects to represent the younger species.

Even now, they did not like the word. It was short. Hasty. Two syllables was not enough. And they were meaningless syllables anyway. What did Skak mean? What about Di? They crunched in the mouth like shards of ice and then were gone. Melted away. Describing nothing.

"Varxii."

They repeated the name slowly, rolling the consonants around in their unseen mouth.

"Var... xii."

Another empty word. This being was young and blue and white and bore a weapon. What did Varxii have to do with that? Nothing.

They swung their head slowly from side to side, the locks of plant life swaying over their shadowed face.

"No. You are young."

A movement caught their unseen eye. They looked back towards the settlement.

Two young ones were fighting. Weapons gleamed in the sun. Crashed together. Then one being simply raised a hand and the other one froze. Ice crept up its frame. Looking around, the ice-wielding one dragged its opponent into a hut.

They were intrigued. Perhaps these were fighting-young ones. And where there was fighting... there was power.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

• Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Outside Fau Swamp -

The blinding light had been far enough away from Skyra that she'd had time to shield her eyes, though she stopped in the air for a moment to cover her eyes. "Geeze that's bright!" 

There was a lot of yelling down there, mostly Waveahk being angry from what Skyra could make out. But a few things ran pretty clear in her ears. 

"Skorm! Skyra!" she shouted. "Pull the crab's focus! Everyone else -- get the ###### into the hauler!"

"You guys are so intent on leaving--don't you wanna bring this thing down and tell the story?"

"WHAT PART OF 'THAT WAS AN ORDER' IS DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND?!"

"You and your companions must flee. You cannot hope to beat her..."

Skyra smirked, then she started to chuckle, and this chuckle became a more of a cackle as she finished. "Unbeatable huh!? Sounds like my kind of fight!" Skyra holstered her Cordak Blaster before rocketing down towards the crab, opening fire with her Midak Skyblaster at one of the crab's eyes as she landed on it's head with a slam. She kept firing with one hand as she drew a katana with the other and attempted to stab it into the manas' head. "IT'S SUSHI TIME!" 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

Vashni began to use telekinesis to help Jutori with the fortifications. 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

"Hmmm..." The Exo-Toa stopped, thinking. "My large size might make it difficult to approach quietly." Varian said as quietly as possible, his large size and the mechanical sounds his parts made as he moved would make it quite difficult indeed. 

Providence's shadows would certainly help though, and the Exo-Toa's sensors allowed him to see just fine even in the shadows. 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

IC: Taliesin - Fau Swamps -

Taliesin had begun to ride a giant lily pad that he'd created to transverse the swamp, still approaching the strange newcomers that were fighting Giruga. The druid knew the most likely outcome, the massive manas would most likely devour them. Taliesin would shed no tears if such a thing happened, such was the way of nature. 

What was really disturbing the druid however was the amount of chaos and disruption they were causing to the swamp. One way or the other he was going to have to restore order here...

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Half through towards bolting into a nearby tunnel and using his vision to turn himself ethereal, Zak-Yak was pulled back by the realization that he would be abandoning his newly awakened master and his friends? That was a weird concept Zak-Yak had to get his head around, but he at least knew that he needed to be useful.

"Wait master, Zak-Yak has biggest brainiest idea." Getting the attention of Varian, Zak-Yak began to press two of his fingers from his left hand against his temple has he sat down upon his hindquarters, gesturing towards Varian with his mechanical arm, before a beam of faint, ethereal light launched out of his eyes, hitting Varian dead center on his chest.

From the point of contact, a wave effect slowly spread across Varian's form, with the effect causing portions of his form to slowly fade in and out of an ethereal state, till at last, the entirety of Varian was incorporeal and impossible to see other than Zak-Yak's gaze...And unknowingly, Vent as well.

"See, Zak-Yak is useful master as you're now in-visi-ble."

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Burnmad said:

"Whaddaya say: First kill from our next stop, I rip their heartlight out, just for you?" He was annoyed that the Toa would gain an inkling of the rite of desecration, but he wasn't going to pass up this chance.

Reson just stared at the skakdi as if he were insane. "Rip out... their heartlight?" 

He suddenly felt far less confident in the likelihood of these skakdi keeping him alive. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Parnassus' chuckle grew from embarrassed to genuine -- perhaps, Barius may have noted, even a little sarcastic.

"Your generosity knows no bounds, Barius," the Aspect said, swinging a leg over their bike so that they were sitting side-saddle. They looked over at the figure in the warskak's clutches, and they continued, "You see, my upside-down friend, we Aspects like to receive heartlights -- the fresher, the better -- as tribute. For we are demons, and boogeymen, and gods amongst mortals; and what would such a being even be without tribute?"

A grin grew across Parnassus' face as they glanced over at Barius.

"And in return, an Aspect would give the tribute-bearer a gift," they said. "Isn't that right, my friend? You have some experience with this process already, don't you?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler

-Void

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skorm (Fau Swamps, Crab)

Pull it’s focus? Irna was insane. Then Keitara tackled Orm to the ground. The shadow entity was crawling to his feet when the gigantic crab swung its claw again, this time with Keitara meeting it. Then she started glowing... painfully. Orm could feel layers of his essence peeling away under the radiation. He collapsed to the ground, withering under the assault. With one shaking hand he reached out, summoning forth his own shadow. He extended it forward to protect himself from Keitara, enveloping him in a wedge of pure darkness. There he could only whimper as he smelled his own blistered armor and body.

Sko looked back from the Muaka, which he had turned around to begin an escape, when the wave of radiation hit him. He grimaced at the unpleasant feeling, then reached forth his hand, absorbing the light as it hit his body. Hopefully converting it to elemental energy would reduce its harmful effects on him. Leaping to the ground, Sko took off towards the radiation-spewing Av-Toa.

”Keitara! You’re cooking us alive!”

Sko looked at her. He had doubts she could stop. He glanced at his other half, no doubt quivering on the ground from being next to that assault. The light entity dashed towards the wedge of shadow, diving in.

Sko’s partial absorption did little to mend the damage that Orm had already sustained when they re-merged, and the sudden wave of fatigue kneecapped any chance of Skorm springing into action. He felt sick.

”Kei... you gotta stop.”

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Legion - Po-Koro:

They watched their fellow leave, a muttered, "Truly marvelous" escaping their rusted mouth parts as Whisper took flight. with a muffled clunk, their attention returned to the Matoran.  "How you choose to pursue power is your choice to make, not ours. Our favor shall never incur wrath upon subjects of our progeny."

A shiver ran through the Aspect, "There is one small matter of a physical trade. A life, for a life. Heart for child of night. If you or any of your people wish our power, and our favor, they must bring a beating heartlight. This heartlight is crucial in bringing to life the power that we provide."

The crimson eyes softened inside the hood. "It is not an easy thing to do. Do not answer us here, or now. Think, and spread word. We are Legion, for I am many. Go, small one. We shall be waiting.

@Harvali

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Po-Koro:

Catching the glance, the Toa of Fire grinned, "Pretty cool, huh? They let me ride here in that machine! the guy in charge said it works on some kind of.... gosh, what was it..... disks! yeah, he said it worked with disks! Well, and also 'magic' but uh.... I dunno what he meant by that."

@Onaku

OOC: Kat and Legion both OFI

• Like 1

Barius was annoyed that Parnassus was leaking so much about the desecration process, but he didn't let it show on his face. There was a certain degree of bowing to an Aspect's whims that was required in order to successfully broker a deal with one. "I do," Barius answered.

He caused his colossal power armor to open up, and part of the front side folded down to allow him out. He hopped out onto the ground, where the back of his neck, and the Kraata growing there, were plainly visible to Parnassus-- and somewhat visible to the distant, upside-down Reson.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler

2 hours ago, Conway said:

"For we are demons, and boogeymen, and gods amongst mortals; and what would such a being even be without tribute?"

A grin grew across Parnassus' face as they glanced over at Barius.

"And in return, an Aspect would give the tribute-bearer a gift," they said. "Isn't that right, my friend? You have some experience with this process already, don't you?"

"Ah'll take that with a grain of salt," Reson replied, growing several shades paler at the talk of ripping out hearts, "That big 'ol head out in the desert there... it used to be part of somethin' bigger, somethin' we called a god. But then his head fell off, and he didn't seem so godly."

OOC: @Conway @Burnmad

• Like 2

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda:

The target must be inland. Interesting,” the engineer replied. Any further discussion was interrupted by the arrival of Korio. She gave him a curt nod of acknowledgement. “Korio,” she greeted. “I’m just on my way to start up the flight engine. Seems we’re off on another trip. Make sure to get that crate secured before we take off. Wouldn’t be good if it fell overboard during transit.”

Excusing herself from the conversation, Ysocla briskly hobbled her way down the stairs to the lower decks. In earlier days she would have jumped over the railing to speed up travel. Unfortunately her current condition didn’t allow such thrills. Not that it had stopped her from trying shortly after her injury, but a couple hours clutching her leg in agony unable to move at all had taught her better. At least she could still take steps two at a time.

Below-decks Ysocla found the flight engine next to the main water jets. It truly was a marvel of engineering; even with her mechanical knowledge and x-ray vision the device was still a mystery to her. Fortunately she had been instructed on the operation of the engine enough times that the multiple steps had been committed to memory. The indigo skakdi began flipping switches on, adjusting levers, examining gauges. Various mechanisms began to pulse and hum, green lights glowed on the main control panel. With everything in place and operating within safe limits, the big main button on the panel lit up with green light. Ysocla gave it a firm press and the mixture of mechanical noises filling the room was replaced by the characteristic quiet hum of the Panda’s flight engine. The engineer flipped the big switch on the ceiling from “Sea” to “Air” to swap over primary propulsion controls to finish the process. Taking a moment to swap her work arpon with her duster hanging on the wall next to the engine room door, she hobbled back above-decks.

When everyone’s ready to go, we’re ready to fly,” she announced to everyone on board.

OOC: @Dane-gerous@Tarn@EmperorWhenua

Edited by pokemonlover360

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

"Very well then. Plant Control it is. Of course, the only problem is procuring the means necessary to begin the ritual - a heartlight."

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Wrecked Campsite)

If NU-8020S possessed a gag reflex, she'd have been using it. Such nauseating drivel, especially from someone who was supposed to be a merciless warlord. Repulsive.

She rummaged through her memory banks for this 'Nidhiki' - ah yes, one of the Toa Mangai, wanted for the murder of Toa Tuyet. He had evaded capture, and not been seen since his childish hijacked broadcast to the city. Apparently, he had aided the League in their invasion of Metru Nui via the mass-teleportation device. The moral integrity of the Toa, indeed. His current whereabouts, like Takadox's, were unknown.

'Leo' was a little harder to pin down - but it was safe to assume that this was... 'an associate' of Takadox, whom apparently was also a liaison with a rogue group of Dark Hunters. None of which helped her determine the Mantis's whereabouts.

She exited the communication app to see what else there was here. If the iPhone ran out of power, she could always recharge it using the Transport's battery, or even her own.

@Unreliable Narrator@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

Coward. Idiot. Weakling. Loser. Once again, running away from her problems. Saving her own skin. Abandoning Datrox, like she had abandoned everyone else when she escaped during the chaos seven days ago. They were all probably still in chains, slaving away in the ruins of that city - or worse. She didn't want to think about 'worse'.

She had taken in Falh into her house, and he had rewarded her with threats and betrayal. The farmer and the viper. An important lesson to be learned there.

"HELP! PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP! TOA DATROX IS IN DANGER!" She screamed out into the streets, hoping someone would care enough to answer.

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"That, uh, doesn't seem safe. You know, with all the sharp pointy bits around his neck."

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Yaushe - Ignorantly Blissful Of What Was To Come

"Hey," she greeted the newcomer. There was no fun or point pretending to not be a haunted van when Mega just up and addressed her like that. And, she was figuring out, maybe explaining the van thing didn't take nearly as long if she just said "ghost van". People typically got the gist of it.

That, and she was distracted by something in the sky. A storm was coming. She could see the signs, even if she wasn't sure how she knew them. Thunderstorm, by the looks of things. Even without her physical body, she felt weirdly attuned with those.

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Wastes

Zsann looked around very confused when she heard the other voice. There seemed to be nobody else there though, except for herself, the matoran, and... the van?

"H-h-hello there" she said slowly and stopped at the van door. Talking in general was not her thing. Talking to seemingly inanimate objects was definitely a new experience.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl@Dane-gerous

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Taja | Po-Koro

The De-Toa made her way through the ravaged village, doing what she could do help. She extinguished fires and moved rubble and sent battered Matoran in the direction of the Taku, where they could receive medical help. The one thing she had not done yet was fight. The Skakdi had come upon the village like a wind and left just as quickly. She was secretly relieved. Seeing the damage they had wrought in so little time... she doubted she could have held her own for long.

Turning a corner, she flinched in surprise. It was no Matoran she saw. A mass of writhing tendrils hung in the air, suspended by wings that flapped heavily, gracelessly. She raised her launcher, ready to defend herself if need be. Who knew what manner of creature this was?

"You," she called. "Who are you? Identify yourself."

She was afraid that her voice would betray her nerves, but it came forth strong and unwavering. It carried a boldness she didn't really feel. No need for the creature to know that, of course. That is, if it understood common speech at all...

OOC: Hello @Nato the Traveler

IC: Yaushe - lol

Well, at least the expression people got when she talked to them never got old. "Name's Yaushe. What's yours?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"That, uh, doesn't seem safe. You know, with all the sharp pointy bits around his neck."

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"I get the impression there's probably not much sense in trying to persuade him away from his life choices."

44 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Po-Koro

"You," she called. "Who are you? Identify yourself."

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

If Whisper were physically capable of smiling, she would have. It was rare for a being, even one who was familiar with her kind, to refer to her as a who rather than a what. Not that she had any qualms about being mistaken for an animal, of course, but it was still gratifying to encounter a being intelligent to recognise that she was something more. 

"I am known as Whisper," she ceased her flight, flopping into a tangled tussle of tendrils on the ground, her head raised at about the height of a Matoran. "There is no need for a weapon. I came here to help, not harm." 

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

IC: Zsann - van time

The slightest hint of a smile crept on Zsann's face. What a strange new world.

"Zs-zsa-zsann." she replied with a small nod while opening the door to the shotgun seat, carefully setting down her weapons, then sitting down swiftly.

OOC: @Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

"...Wait, I can still see him? And you. But you're both...fuzzy....you're not a...you're not a ghost, are you?" Vent's hands trembled just ever so slightly.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes, The Van

"I'm Mega." Mega replied, perhaps a little curt, as she climbed into the driver's seat again and put her rifle away. 

The stutter again. Was she genuinely anxious? 

"...You alright?" She asked, glancing to Zsann with a hint of curiosity. It was admittedly strange to see such an intimidating figure in a more...reserved position. Quiet Skakdi were few and far between.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda

Zai simply glared at Korio whilst Yso was gone, not even acknowledging him with conversation. He'd shown her up badly before. She'd repay him in the cold shoulder, now.

As Yso came back up, Zai nodded, traces of a smile emerging as something went right, for once. 

"Good." She said, almost murmuring. She dreaded the mission but still derived some pleasure from being able to carry out her Lady's wishes.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

IC: Yaushe - Wastes

Yaushe started up her engine after closing her doors. "We'd better get a move on. Nasty storm coming in. Don't wanna be out here when it hits."

She started to drive for Mega's workshop.

• Like 1

IC: Zsann - Wastes, the van

Zsann raised an eyebrow at Mega's question. She nodded slowly. "I-it's always b-been l-like this." she replied while vaguely gesturing towards herself.

Now that they were going, her posture was a lot more relaxed than before, and she allowed herself to sink back into the seat a little with a, hopefully, inaudible sigh.

OOC:@ZippyWharrgarbl@Dane-gerous

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes, The Van

"Yeah, ain't known anywhere else. I got a place out here in The Wastes, get by with fixin' people's rides. That's where we're goin' now, actually." Mega went on, laying her head against the headrest as they drove. "...Ya can get yourself some rest there if ya want, before ya head out. Wouldn't do to just send ya on your way with no food or shuteye." 

It felt odd offering this to her, but she'd do the same for any Matoran wanderer who needed help, wouldn't she?

OOC: @A-tak-nid