Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

Owning Mega? Now that was a strange idea.

Zsann's eyebrows wandered up a little, but then she offered an apologetic smile and shrugged.
"S-sorry. Sh-she h-hi-hired me." This was one of those occasions where the stutter bothered her. Being seen as weak was never a good look.

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Triki, abandoned camp

It took Triki a while to notice that he had been left behind by the others, given that he was busy humming to himself instead of paying attention to his surroundings.  He decides to try and follow the others into the holes... he'd probably pick the right one...

@Toru Nui @Jakura Nuva @Edelgard

:music: 

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro)

Klawne saw that a Toa was lying on the floor, clearly exhausted from something, next to strange beast she had never seen before. Another Toa was offering to help her up, and there was Kanohi, clearly as confused as she was.

Ulkarr saw something he would've rather not have seen. Competition, and rather unscrupulous competition at that.

"Whisper."

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@The UltimoScorp@Harvali@Onaku

IC: NU-8020S (Tunnels)

NU-8020S transmitted the order for the two Squad Members accompanying them to activate the flashlights in their mandibles as she did the same, which they've most certainly always had by the way. They proceeded to go further into the tunnels, their lights keeping track of the, well, tracks.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"Oh, it's rather far I would say. Near the colossal decapitated head on the horizon, there." Tekmo dramatically pointed towards the place in question.

@Burnmad@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

"WHAT?! I AIN'T-"

And then Zsann spoke up. Stuttering, but still speaking up. Not only did it stop Mega from attempting to hop up the raiseladder and slapping the Skakdi upside the head for that comment, it also gave her some inch of authority, as false as it may be. A Skakdi bodyguard wasn't the worst thing to have when your garage was infested with raiders.

She took another smoke from her cigarette, gesturing to Zsann with a renewed grin.

"I ain't leaving." She affirmed, holding her gun by the carry handle with one gold hand. "Not until ya tell me this place is gonna be fine and dandy once you and ya overgrown Skaklets are fixin' to be done with it. Y'ain't scaring me off!"

7 hours ago, A-tak-nid said:

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC: Iradra - Po-Koro

Turning a corner, the strange scene came into view. A Toa, clad in immensely dark colours, lay on the ground before a strange creature. Looking at the strange Toa, she oddly felt like she somehow recognised her, though she couldn't quite place it. At least not until she heard the voice coming from her. "Taja?!"

Frantically, she ran to the Shadow Toa's side as a Toa of Fire approached them, kneeling next to Taja and looking her over with a mixture of dread and fascination. She then looked up at the strange creature next to her, recognising the intellect present inside it. "What happened to her?! Did you do this?!"

@Eyru @The UltimoScorp @Harvali 

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius looked upon the scene from behind his cover, furrowing his brows. "What in the world is this village coming to?" He spoke quietly so that only his two fellow toa could hear. A strange creature and a toa clad in immensely dark colours. Hearing the toa he recognised as Iradra call out the name 'Taja' gave him a start as he recalled the name belonging to the Toa of Sonics that had arrived in Po-Koro with them. "Taja? But... How??"

@Tarn @BULiK

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

"Zoyks! Guys, there's a reason why I don't pass through here if I can help it. Like, I'm pretty sure this place is haunted, man." Indeed, Rangi seemed no more at ease about the situation than his two skakdi companions, and were anyone to pay attention to his hound steed, they might recognise the tell-tale signs of unease upon its features and in its body language.

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Mahryo - Tunnels

"It smells awful in here," Mahryo mumbles, plugging his nose with one hand and trying to breathe in with his mouth. It doesn't do very much to help. "But this must be the right way to go! This is clearly the stench of villainy!"

@Toru Nui@xccj@Jakura Nuva@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro plaza

Knichou was just as confused as Arkius was as to what happened. The ex-Ghost may not have known Taja long, but she was part of his crew, and he knew he couldn't leave any of them behind. As a captain, Knichou had a responsibility for the safety of his crew, and so Knichou knew he had to act like a leader and confront this creature, even if he worried of retaliation from the strange beast.

The Toa of iron began slowly walking over to where Taja and Whisper were.

"What did you do to her?" Knichou addressed the aspect, slowly speaking in a loud, stern tone that everyone in the plaza could hear.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Irna | Fau Swamp

"Here," Irna said, holding out another bula leaf to Keitara. It had barely done anything for her -- but there wasn't much else she could do. Not until they could get back to Metru-Koro and find a healer. Assuming that there was a healer there who was even capable of fixing this.

"Kei," she said. "What happened? What did you ... do back there?"

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

"Heh," Parnassus said. They clasped Barius' hand -- and, as they did so, wisps of shadow seemed to climb up from the Aspect's forearm, down their hand before tangling themselves around the warskak's own arm. Both Parnassus and Barius would have felt the tendrils squeeze, softly, swiftly, before they seemed to evaporate into thin air.

"I believe we have a deal," they said, grinning.

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC [Abandoned Camp - Into the tunnels]:

With the lack of light now solved, they started the long trek into the darkness. Luckily for Triki, the Vahki’s LEDs were easy enough to follow and he soon caught up to the rest of the group. While they could see where they were going now, the smell wasn’t getting any better.

The tunnels stretched on for what felt like the length of the island and it became clear there was an entire network of them stretching below the surface. If it weren’t for the tracks they were following, they would most certainly have gotten lost or worse with all the possible wrong turns, and what looked like signs of Rahi activity.

And then, they hit a wall. Right in front of them, the passage was blocked. They looked around, to see if they’d lost the tracks somehow, but they were right there, leading in the same direction they had before, until being abruptly stopped by the foot of the wall. In fact, some of the footsteps were cut off mid-step. Nu-8020s memory core pulled up comparisons of the tracks to bad holograms often found back in Metru Nui, with clipping objects. Their quarry had definitely come this way. Somehow.

OOC: @Toru Nui @xccj @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Ah old friends. Used to have many of those. Most of them dead now.”

McGrokk shrugged, then adjusted his collar. “Oh well. Less old friends means less people to stab you in the back.”

He began to rummage around in the inside pockets of his robe and produced a small wooden token with a symbol etched into it.

“I may have...something. Well, if you can offer something in return. Got any ideas?”

He smiled, gold teeth flashing. 

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

As he skidded to a halt, Kanohi rubbed his optics, he … he must have been mistaken, with those dark colors it was probably Toa of Earth or Magnetism. Why had he though she was the light gray of a Toa of Sonics? Or even a Toa with a element like the one Ulkarr possessed. In fact, the darkness, it was like his shadows. 

It didn’t matter, she was in distress, barely speaking, laying limp. And if a T-Toa was in distress, he had a duty to try to help her. Well, not help, but support. Help lift her up. He grappled over to her, where a Toa of Light and a Toa of Fire stood. “Is there a-anything I can do to help?” He managed, getting ready to led what strength he had to help the Toa of Fire lift her.

OOC: @The UltimoScorp @Eyru @Onaku @Tarn @BULiK @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Boss’ Garage

“You pulling my frill?” Boss said to the grey armored skakdi and then chuckled, visibly humored by the possibility of a skakdi working for a matoran. Sighing, he took a puff and flicked his tongue around his molars while he tasted the lingering flavors of bad coffee. “You’re one of those new skaks. Well, don’t matter. Move along, newcomer.”

OOC: @Dane-gerous, @A-tak-nid, @ZippyWharrgarbl, @Burnmad, @Conway, @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

Nale reached a hand out in vain towards her companions and sighed. From around the corner she could now see this wasn't a Toa of Sonics--at least, not any more. 

Cautiously, she stepped out and followed Arkius and Knichou, keeping a few paces back. She didn't want to alarm...whatever it was floating before them. She was far more concerned about Arkius and how he'd react, though.

And there was Kanohi, bringing this very odd Taku reunion closer to completion.

Now they just needed...

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

Iradra was right, but the medic still would've rather not rounded the corner to see a floating black, many-limbed thing (if that was the one in need of medical attention, he wouldn't know where to begin) and a crowd of Toa hanging out.

His gaze travelled down towards Taja as Iradra moved to help her. Was...that Taja?

"I'm...I'm a medic," he said quietly as he stepped closer, showing off his satchel.

@Onaku@BULiK@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@Harvali

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zsann, The Scrapshop

Zsann recognised a lost cause when she saw one. They had to get out of there if they valued their lives.

She stepped closer to Mega, and put a hand on the matoran's shoulder, her grip gentle but firm.
"L-l-let's g-go." she said, keeping her voice just a little bit lower than usual. It should be clear from her tone that she would personally drag Mega out of the scrapshop, should the necessity arise.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Unreliable Narrator , @ZippyWharrgarbl, @Burnmad, @Conway, @Nato the Traveler

Edited by A-tak-nid
fixed a typo
  • Like 3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

6 hours ago, Onaku said:

"What happened to her?! Did you do this?!" 

4 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro plaza

"What did you do to her?" Knichou addressed the aspect, slowly speaking in a loud, stern tone that everyone in the plaza could hear.

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"We made an accord, she and I," Whisper replied. She was unused to questions, displeased by all of the attention she was getting now, but she had little choice. "I gave her power... though it would seem to be more power than I intended." 

OOC: @Onaku @BULiK

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Iradra, concerned, looked back to Taja. "Taja, are you... alright?" 

From the tone of her voice, the toa of light seemed uncertain about even asking the question. As she looked the new Toa of Shadows over, her eyes came to a rest on- "Your heartlight. It's... broken." There was a horrified tone to her voice as she made the observation, a trembling hand slowly reaching for the darkened and cracked circle.

@Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @BULiK @Harvali @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Uraborask (Uraborask's Hunting Shack)

What was meant to be a few hours nap dragged out to a full fifteen hour hibernation, and probably of grown to be even longer if it wasn't for the singing cries of a bunch of dermis turtles.

Lurching off of his couch, nearly knocking over a week old cup of grog, Uraborask surveyed the inside of his cabin. The walls were lined with numerous trophies, whether they were racks of horns, taxidermized heads, or even masks of rahi and toa alike. Making his way to his open kitchen, Uraborask looked into his fridge, hoping that there was food left in there before he left. With a sigh, Uraborask shut his fridge, the last bottle of...something...in his hands, "Guess I'll need to go shopping, although the muaka might till be good...Naw, no way that's the case unfortunately."

Downing the bottle, a harsh taste lingering on his tongue and throat, Uraborask grabbed his machete, his few bits, an empty satchel, and made his way out the door. Heading for the Rig to find the trader who hired him. "Where did that trader say he was going to drink out his sorrows? Yoshimak's Hotspot'n'Sushi, I'm sure I can figure out where that is without any help."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro

Knichou had now arrived at where Iradra, Kat, and Kanohi (?!?) were checking on a stunned Taja. With Nale and Arkius on his flanks, Knichou felt more confident standing in front of this strange creature. The booze from earlier didn't hurt, either.

Knichou continued his questioning.

"What power? Why give it to her? What was this agreement?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"I gave her the power of Adaptation, in exchange for a simple favour. It's a simple-" she broke off, making note of Ulkarr's presence. If he had been drawn to the scene, other Aspects would likely be nearby as well. "Taja needs time to recover. I suggest you relocate her somewhere sheltered, away from prying eyes. I will answer any questions you have once that is done."

OOC: @BULiK

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Knichou wasn't sure what to make of this being. It was cooperating, but for how long, Knichou did not know. Taja was clearly too weak to confirm anything this strange life form said, the former Toa of sonics seemingly struggling to keep breathing. Knichou had to know more, and he felt he had to respond quickly in case Arkius or the locals were to grow impatient with this potential enemy. There had already been one attack this afternoon, and war was on everyone's minds.

"Taja is a member of my airship's crew. We can take her on that ship to rest, and our doctors can ensure she's stabilized. Will you come aboard and answer our questions there?"

It was a risk inviting one of the strange new beings of this land - one who had access to unknown magics and with unknown intentions - aboard the Taku, but Knichou needed to know what strange ailment was befalling Taja, and how his allies could help her. If this creature truly did hurt Taja unprovoked, then at least on Knichou's ship, there was a chance of capturing this flying creature.

Edited by BULiK

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Po-Koro

Adaptation...? 

Nale just looked over the form of Taja, listening to Knichou's questioning and Whisper's answers. Eventually she noticed, out of the corner of her optic, Ulkarr standing nearby and observing. Was this related to what Arkius had said? The ritual he had supposedly spoken of to the Toa of Earth?

Just what was going on in Po-Koro that they didn't know about?

"I think we should follow that advice," Triage said, then placed a hand in the way of Iradra's. "I...don't think that's a good idea. We should take her back to the Taku first or something. There's...a crowd here."

@Onaku@BULiK@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@Toru Nui

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Unless any of her fellow Aspects had grown wings lately, that sounded like an ideal suggestion. "I will."

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - NPC Toa of Fire (Torch) and NPC Le-Matoran (Wing)

A Brakas screamed and hollered as the giant centipede sprung upon it, spewing poison from its mouth. The poison covered the Brakas and suddenly it completely stopped moving. Stuck in place as surely as if he were flash frozen. The giant insect opened up its mouth, mandibles reaching. The beast looked like it was large enough to eat the muddy Brakas whole, the Brakas itself being about the size of a Matoran. But then the giant centipede paused, forgoing his meal as he heard water splashing. He looked up, eyes settling on the approaching Toa.

Torch ran, eyes full of rage. Mud squelched as he tramped through the muck, small globs of murky water splashing with each step. His simple sword glowed a bright orange, the metal somehow retaining integrity. The mists of the Fau Swamp dissolved around him as he passed.

Sorilax quickly dropped his backpack, securing it in the hollow of a decaying tree, ignoring the insects that were consuming the tree from within. The Aspect turned back to Torch, a few precious moments of battle already lost due to Torch’s inability to wait and ambush the giant centipede. Due to a righteous wrath for friends lost, perhaps.

The insect paused as Torch continued running towards it and then it sprung to meet him. Torch raised his sword, preparing to strike. He remained silent, but his sword seemed to glow brighter. The centipede pulled up short, spewing globules of poison onto the Toa of Fire. The largest amount went onto his sword arm, and Torch gasped in surprise as his arm become paralyzed. His sword dropped from his hand, lost to the large puddle he was currently in.

Torch looked up and lifted his left hand in a desperate attempt to use his element when the giant centipede moved the last few feet and bit his left arm off in one smooth motion. The centipede kept moving, its sharp legs piercing the Toa and knocking him into the water. The giant insect spotted Sorilax in the distance as it clambered up into one of the trees, momentarily out of view.

Sorilax started, frozen in the horror of the moment. How easily Torch had been defeated! He was no fighter, what hope did he have, then? No, I’ve already been forced to kill plenty of Rahi and insects in this swamp. I must continue. Wing has those Kanoka Disks to help me. He was brought back to reality when Wing screamed from the branches above. There was a great deal of rustling and breaking branches as the Le-Matoran fell from the tree, a bog snake wrapped around her. She hit a large root with a crack, and Sorilax rushed to her.

Holding the bog snake’s head in place with a Shadow arm, Sorilax hastily stabbed it with one of his knives, killing the beast. He started to untwist-

Pierce.

BAM!

Sorilax was thrown back into a tree, feeling himself start seeping out of two new holes in his armor given to him by one clean insertion of the insect’s legs through the front and back of his chest. The centipede made a loud clicking noise as it ran past and up into another tree. Sorilax furtively glanced about, in the moment forgetting he could use his control over Shadow to search for the flighty attacker. The Aspect covered one of the holes with his hand. He couldn’t lose another body right now. He needed to be here for his friends.

Wing groaned, and Sorilax got distracted by her and turned his head in her direction. Then he thought of Torch still in the water, fully submerged! Sorilax pushed himself to his feet and ran for where he had last seen the Toa. More noise reached Sorilax, the centipede was coming from the branches above. Sorilax turned around to counter attack but wasn’t fast enough. He got crushed into the mud, chitinous armor scraping over him and pushing him deeper into the foul smelling muck of the Fau Swamp. The Aspect stabbed with his right hand, his left arm pinned beneath him. As the centipede scurried above him, Sorilax felt one of his stabs go through. But the chitin armor around the knife held fast and it was ripped from his grasp.

Sorilax tried to rise, yet the mud of the swamp held fast. After a few precious moments of thought, he created a block of Shadow underneath himself which he expanded upwards, lifting him free of the dangerously semi-solid swamp floor. I should have spent more time in combat instead of studying! Oh, cruel fate, my friends are going to die!

Wing rose to her knees, shakily trying to stand. Sorilax reached out a warning hand to her, “Don’t, Wing! Hide! You must- NO!

The centipede curled around and down from the tree Wing was by. Before the Matoran of Air could react, the centipede rushed forward, its gaping maw wide. It didn’t even use its mandibles, letting momentum carry the Matoran down its throat.

The five Toa long beast now eyed down Sorilax as the Aspect stared in momentary shock. His underling, gone. His shock turned to anger and his affinity to Light wavered as he yelled, “YOU JUST ATE MY PROPERTY, YOU OVERGROWN SLUG!

Sorilax’s mind suddenly was taken aback from the moment. What had he just said? Was that how he really thought? I really am no better than the other Aspects.

The giant centipede rushed forward and bit into Sorilax’s chest, its mandibles chewing and crushing and piercing. This close, Sorilax could see that there were many tiny dark green mushrooms growing out of every crack in the insect’s chitin armor. No, Sorilax thought in defiance, I am my own being and I follow the Light. This little insect has eaten my friends and I will kill it to defend and avenge them.You are dead, old chap.

Shadows burst from Sorilax’s body, piercing through the natural armor of the centipede. The attack ran into the mouth and out of the head at every angle, shredding the beast from the inside with many stabs of Shadow. As the attack subsided, the centipede somehow remained alive, continuing to crush Sorilax’s chest. Sorilax gasped inwardly as he lost control of his body. Too much of him had left the armor. The foul creature continued to chew, its blood flowing from uncountable wounds. Sorilax had failed…

It was then that the giant centipede started to move away. But Torch was behind him somewhere! He couldn’t let him be stepped on and killed, if he hadn’t already died from drowning. Re-entering his vessel, the Aspect willed himself to stay in his body as long as possible. Sorilax stretched his Shadows to grab the surrounding trees, holding himself and the giant insect in place. It was the last thing he could do for his friends.

Just then the Brakas from earlier rushed past, quickly lost to the tops of the trees. Its hooping and grunts lost to Sorilax as he concentrated. The paralyzing poison that it had been sprayed with must have finally worn off.

Sorilax finally lost full control of his body once more, his green essence floating free, yet the young insect didn’t move. Instead, the center of the centipede’s head started to bubble and undulate. Sorilax grew confused, then joyous as a glowing orange sword pierced through from underneath. The natural armor peeled away from the heat and the eyes of the centipede slowly grew dim. Sorilax’s body fell from its mandibles as the great giant beast splattered into the muck. Dead.

Sorilax floated there in gaseous form as Torch stepped away from the insect’s body, the organic part of his left arm scorched to stop the bleeding. There was a crackling sound and then the sound of ice shattering. Wing stumbled from the centipede’s stomach, clutching a Kanoka Disk of Freezing which she had pulled from the pack on her back. In her hands she also held Torch’s left arm.

The Toa rushed to Wing with a choking laugh. He hugged the Matoran, overjoyed that she still lived. Then he remembered Sorilax and carefully made his way over, avoiding the many sharp legs of the recently deceased centipede. Sorilax’s body had its chest completely shredded and mashed. “No…” Torch said, his mood flipping to distressed and unbelieving.

I’m quite alright,” Sorilax responded in mist form.

Torch jumped in fright, taking notice of the displacement of color Sorilax’s green gaseous body made in the already foggy swamp. He grimly looked back at the armor, “Oh yeah, I forgot you’re weird.” The Toa dropped to one knee, not exhausted but feeling emotionally drained, “Sorry about charging in like that. I… well I shouldn’t have done that. I just couldn’t let it get away from justice after so many of my friends are already dead.”

Sorilax mentally nodded. This must be about much more than just the past week to the Fire Toa. “Yes, yes, you are forgiven. I suppose this outcome is still favorable. But still, the hardest part is yet to come. Getting back home while inside the Fau Swamp. It is not an easy task, as you now well know. Even more so now that I have no body.

Wing stepped up next to the Toa of Fire, “Actually, I have an idea about getting home.”

Her idea was using a levitation Kanoka and hiding underneath the body of the giant centipede as they walked back to camp. Torch agreed and grabbed Sorilax’s backpack and knives. They used Sorilax’s body’s long arms to tie him around the neck of the giant insect and began their trek home in the dark of night. There were many, many close calls without Sorilax's Silence to help them. One time Sorilax had to distract a Muaka with his gaseous body for Torch and Wing to escape. It took even longer than finding the giant centipede, but about midday they finally arrived back at Le-Metru Nuva, bodies in tow.

Sorilax entered his Second Skin in gaseous form, inhabiting it like a body. Using his Rhotuka, he mended Torch’s arm and Wing’s back, which had been injured in her fall. In fact he realized there were many diseases in the Fau Swamp which went unseen for years, so he made sure to hit all the other members of the village as well, making sure they were up to snuff.

Now Sorilax had a new task. He had to leave Le-Metru Nuva, relying on his friends to take care of themselves. Torch certainly had proved himself, in a way. Sorilax needed someone to fix his real body. Torch had carefully melted Sorilax’s chest so that it was sealed again, but the neck didn’t rotate, nor did the shoulder sockets function properly any more. Not to mention the overall integrity of the chest armor was shot. A Matoran with a stick could probably pierce the messy patchwork. Second Skin worked fine as an alternative, but he didn’t want to have a body which needed a constant supply of power from a Heartlight.

Yes, Sorilax knew that unfortunately he would have to put off exploring the ruins to an even later date. He needed to find someone who could fix his body. Right now he wasn’t even safe in Le-Metru Nuva if something else attacked them. But where could he find the skill needed to mend his body? Hopefully he could find someone else from the giant robot head who had the expertise. Surely they would be a better alternative than going to the Skakdi-Xa again. Getting this body the first time had been a nightmare.

As Sorilax eventually got around to gathering his Midak blaster from the green Vortixx and his scrolls from their lock box, he paused. Where’s Sala? He didn’t come for healing when I hit everyone with my Rhotuka. Where could he be?

Sorilax walked over to a wooden railing and looked down at the swamp floor where Matoran were taking apart the various mechanical pieces that made up the giant centipede. The armor was to be repurposed as roofing since it was resistant to acid rain and the other pieces (gears, pistons, connectors, and the like) also had a high demand due to the village’s few resources. Torch had cleansed the giant insect with his flame, inside and out, removing all traces of the small green mushrooms and other mutations and diseases. At least Sorilax didn’t have to worry about that.

Still, the Matoran of Plasma was nowhere to be seen. Sorilax frowned, silently rejoicing that his facial functions still worked. I hope Sala’s okay.

OOC: @Sparticus147

As the group arrived home, Torch and Wing were absorbed by the writhing mass that is the old god NPC, never to make an actual decision again. Their names soon to be forgotten by all, absorbed into the NPC collective from which they came. Their characteristics undone as quickly as they had been created, unwoven and tangled around the form of the old god.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Knichou touched the side of his kanohi, the gesture activating his armor's communications package.

"Taku, this is Knichou, requesting exfil on the other side of the village, over."

A few moments later, a Le-Matoran responded over the radio.

"Ok Captain, home-locking on your wind-signal now."

Berys raised the Taku's anchor and began increasing levitation power, slowly turning the ship in the direction of Knichou's radio broadcast. The engines hummed online, and the Taku began flying low above the village, moving at a low speed out of caution.

"My ship will be overhead in a few moments... is there any more you wish to say openly before we board?" Knichou asked the aspect.

"Only that this is not what I expected," she replied, choosing her words carefully. 

She wanted to assure the Toa that she hadn't meant to hurt Taja, but that was a lie, one that she couldn't bring herself to utter. This had been an experiment, and she'd had little regard for the possible consequences. But now... she'd somehow made the Toa more like her, and that left her feeling... responsible? 

• Like 2

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi suddenly swerved to the mysterious silver and red Toa, he had been focusing on the injured Toa, but had this silver and red Toa just mentioned the Taku and KnichouHe … he seemed to be in contact with the airship, maybe had some leadership there. If he was in contact with Knichou Kanohi could meet up with him and warn him about—

Oh no. He had forgotten. 

Kanohi swallowed and stammered, “l-listen, I … Kn-Nicholas needs to know, the T-Turaga need to know, and the Toa need to know. Metru-Koro — the L-League sent a Toa to try to make peace with the village. She wanted the Mask of Creation. The Turaga of Metru-Koro mocked her and tensions flared and then she left, but announced to the city from her airship that they had two days to give up the mask or they would die. Toa Stannis teleported us here immediately to warn Po-Koro, and to help prepare. Only … only the village is already damaged. We knew there was an emergency but we didn’t know … how many were … were…

He trembled and managed, “W-we have to stop the war. Or none of us will be left alive. And there are already so many dead. I … we need to … to do something.”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @Onaku @BULiK @The UltimoScorp @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius furrowed his brow. "A League envoy talking diplomacy? And our turaga refused them? Mocked them? I won't lie, normally I'd have called for an even harsher response, but considering our situation, and the fact that Metru-Koro was supposed to be the only safe place now that Po-Koro has proven vulnerable to Skakdi raiders, this puts everyone at risk... Looks like evacuating Po-Koro to Metru-Koro is no longer as safe an option as I previously thought. Two days until a League attack... If there's anyone that needs to evacuate now, it's Metru-Koro."

The earthen toa grimaced, before turning to Kanohi. "You said Stannis teleported you here. Where is he right now?"

@BULiK @Harvali @Tarn

IC Hiripaki | The Archives

"I told you you knew it! :bowdown:" the voice praised Oreius. "Access: Granted. And, my! You look just like in the holos! :afro:"

The outer vault door opened up smoother than it had before, revealing Okuo standing in the cleansing chamber that served as a vestibule, and as soon as Oreius stepped inside the door shut behind him as well. 

"Now then, any other toa coming, too? This is twice as much company as I've had in over a thousand years! :bigsmile:"

@Eyru

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"It may not have been but Fate's hand does not excuse you for yours," a voice said from the edges of the assembled populace, and out from behind a hut stepped the cloaked figure of Stannis. His great cloak, with its hood drawn up over his face, fluttered wildly as he walked quickly forward and made his visage look almost akin to the mangled tangle of the Aspect's tendrils, only his persona was much more recognized. The throng stepped aside to admit him entry to the near center, and he looked first to Toa Taja and then his eyes settled on Whisper. "I know what you are, shade," he said simply, and while it sounded disdainful in truth the subtleties of his tone were lost to all. 

Taja. She was one of the toa created by Dume's gambit, was she not? he wondered. Yes, yes—and how quickly and suddenly that gamble had failed to produce a winning hand. She possessed a good heart in life, Stannis knew, and this was a turn of events even he could not have predicted to happen. He knew this particular result could only have been made so by the twisting and manipulation of the Aspect, and yet it was no ritual he had seen noted on the walls of the temples he visited. Whatever was done was as much a curiosity as a concern. His eyes narrowed on Whisper. Unlike most denizens, Stannis knew of the destructive potential these beings held in their presence, and while destroying the Aspect then and there would never have been allowed he needed to maintain a vigilant watch on her to glean and protect as much as he could. 

"Hello again, Brother Arkius. Knichou. Nale," he said, looking to each as he named them and smiling briefly. "All, Kanohi speaks the truth. Lieutenant Zaliyah of the League met with Turaga Sans and was rebuffed entirely, and passionate words of fear and hatred prevailed where calm reason should have been used—I was there for the parlay-that-wasn't. Metru Koro has two days to deliver the Mask of Creation top them... or else it will face Pridak's wrath once again. We must be wise in our choices and hasten in our motions as we haven't much of either, I fear."

But Stannis held back the knowledge he held that the shark king wasn't the only threat the Matoran faced...

... nor was it even the greatest.

OOC: posting from mobile, so forgive me if I miss anything or anyone.

IC: Taja | Po-Koro

As Iradra reached for her cracked heartlight, Taja suddenly shrank back, her exhaustion overshadowed by the need to get away.

"No," she whispered. "Don't... don't touch me."

Her strength seemed to slowly be returning, and she managed to tilt her head off the ground. A small crowd surrounded her. Some beings she recognized, some she didn't. She saw Knichou and Triage and... was that Stannis?

She felt a rush of shame. What had she agreed to? She had let her fear control her--so unbecoming of a Toa. It was obvious now. But she knew with an unfounded certainty that whatever she had agreed to was irreversible. The Aspect's gift was irrevocable. 

"Don't look at me," she begged to no one in particular. "Please. Don't... don't look at me."

Daylight itself seemed to dim around them, as if acquiescing to her wishes.

IC: Oreius | The Archives, Onu-Metru

Oreius stepped inside. He saw another Toa waiting there--this must be the source of the other voice he'd heard earlier. 

"Hello," he said cautiously. "I'm Oreius, a servant of Mata Nui. Who are you?"

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

...Stannis. 

As if on cue, the Toa of Stone appeared. Under different circumstances, seeing all her friends together like this would've made Nale happy, and she did return a smile to Stannis as he addressed them (which quickly faded as he continued), but given the current situation...

Bad things continued to happen everywhere.

"So, what then?" she asked. "If we were to evacuate the people of Metru-Koro somewhere, where would they go? This village is no safer at the moment. Do we just make good on their request, and deliver the mask?" Nale then looked towards the ground, her expression darkening.

"...or does the war continue, and we lose even more...?"

All questions that probably served better to be answered within the walls of the Taku, rather than the public forum Po-Koro was becoming.

@Onaku@BULiK@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IIC Kathrine of the Flame - Po-Koro:
Distracted momentarily, Kat tuned in to the others just enough to catch something about a mask, an ultimatum, and someone called Pridak.

"Who's Pridak?" She asked, still offering a hand  to Taja.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Knichou silently processed Kanohi's announcement. He had hoped that the war was one of the many things that was destroyed by Mata Nui's death, but it nonetheless hastened towards the struggling refugees, who were now surrounded on all sides by danger. Knichou was glad at the very least that his decision to leave the Ripple alone in Metru-Koro had not cost any lives. That news was one less reason why Knichou wanted to return to Metru-Koro so quickly, but the news of impending war was twice as important a new reason to quickly go there.

Knichou would have addressed Kanohi, who had yet to realize Knichou's new form, but his attention was cut off by Arkius's response and Stannis theatrically revealing himself. The ex-Ghost was both glad and worried to have both other former teammates back. It was good to see allies, but Knichou did not know if he was ready to tell Stannis of his failure in those final hours. He was immediately reminded of Nale's hesitance to tell Stannis of her breaking the Toa Code in Po-Metru. Knichou wondered if perhaps speaking with her about this may help matters, especially given he had already confided that story to her. He would have to ask her this later, perhaps while they worked together on her new equipment... assuming there would still be time, given all these recent developments.

Knichou gave Stannis a nod of acknowledgement in return. The ancient Toa's revelations were intriguing in ways much more personal to Knichou. The fact that negotiations had broken down so quickly was worrying, but the words that stuck out much more to Knichou were about the one bargaining chip that Metru Koro allegedly had to negotiate with.

The mask of creation.

It was true then, as Knichou feared. Artakha had been overwhelmed by the league before the end of the war. The master of creation himself had been dethroned, presumably slain. This was horrible news for Knichou, who had spent most of his years post-exile on Artakha's eponymous island. Another living legend passed into the legend. The patron saint of creation - destroyed.

Perhaps Artakha's death was not in vain...

Perhaps in death, the last gift of Artakha could be the savior to the matoran that the being was rumored to be for matoran across the universe...

With that mask... Knichou could build anything. Not just the weapons that brute Pridak wanted it for (Although Knichou had no doubts that he would need to rely on his knowledge of the old Nynran tradition of weaponsmithing), but could Knichou build the right tools to rebuild a peace, and perhaps even a peace built on a foundation of widgets instead of blood.

If Metru-Koro truly did have this artifact, giving it to Pridak would only spell doom. For one of the few times in that week, Knichou had a hope to believe in. He could only pray it would not end like the last time he thought he could singlehandedly end the war.

Shadow cast over those assembled in the plaza as the Taku arrived overhead. Knichou held back his questions, and instead began issuing orders to the crew. Exuze and Suhaku attached a stretcher to the crane, which descended from the open cargo bay doors. Iradra, Kat, and Triage carefully picked up Taja, despite her protestations to be left alone, and strapped her on the stretcher. After a thumbs up to Arnex, who was at the crane controls, the cargo crane slowly lifted up the writhing Toa of shadow inside the ship's vast cargo bay. The doctors began climbing the rope ladder that hung below the cargo bay opening, while Kat used her powers over flame to quickly blast herself through the large opening, doing an agile roll to soften the fall onto the lower deck. Shortly after the three Toa were aboard, they detached the stretcher from the cargo crane and carried Taja over to a row of similar makeshift beds where various injured matoran from the earlier attack were recovering.

Knichou began climbing the rope ladder next, stopping for a moment in the middle of his ascent to address those below.

"All aboard!"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Whisper - The Taku

Unfurling her wings, Whisper flapped floppily up to onto the airship, perching herself atop a crate once she was inside. 

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Po-Metru

The Wanderer approached Kanohi, ostensibly the reason he came to Po-Koro, and once again placed his hand reassuringly on the matoran's shoulder. "I must go on the Taku to address the presence of the Aspect, but there will likely be a conference on the matter of the League's threat. I can take you with me, if you want," he offered.

@Harvali

Edited by EmperorWhenua