Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Keitara (Dazed and Confused) 

"Irrrr-na?" mumbled the av-toa. "Hehehe. Ir...na! Pretty name. Irna. Big Irna. Strong Irna. Pretty Irna."

Kei's eyes, still unfocused, grew vaguely troubled. "Irna. Sick Irna. Feels hot. Not like last time, no no. Nothing left but bones. Old bones, cold bones. Couldn't save those bones. Irna's bones still here." Kei's hand fell nervelessly across the zyglak's snout. "Friend Irna. Safe Irna. Keep...safe..."

Then the delirious toa's mumbles faded back into the inarticulate as her heartlight continued to flicker feebly.

(OOC: @Conway)

• Like 3

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Yaushe - Mega's Workshop

Yaushe didn't like to just leave Mega's home to these people, but there didn't seem to be much choice. And, truth be told, she was feeling a little on edge. The Skakdi must have been bluffing... right? There was no way he could have known...

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Triki, Tunnels

"Hey, it not-be work like that," Triki complained.  "It very delicate process, take-much mind-thinky and awareness and..."

He touched the wall, and his reconstruct at random ability activated.  "Or maybe it-be easy after all."  He peered through the darkness to see what he'd changed the wall into.

@Toru Nui @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva 

:music: 

• Like 1

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro

They were only half-listening to the young one's reply. Their thoughts lingered on the fighting ones. Fighting was followed too often by death.

Death. They did not like that word. This island was full of it. It was a waste. Beings sprang into existence only to be snuffed out moments later. Their centuries of wanderings had not hardened them to the tragedy of an ended life.

Worse yet, each death reminded then of their own. They were not young. Their species was blessed with longevity, and they among Aspects were blessed twice over. Time moved slowly for them, hardening their skin and protecting them from harm. But, even still, they would one day lose their form. One day, they would lose the precious, irreplaceable gift of life.

Now, their thoughts dwelled in the little hut. And their mind moved slowly, as was their wont, but fast enough to decide upon a course of action.

"Come," they said to Varxii, already turning to move down the little hill. They did not look back to see if she followed. Their long, slow, loping strides carried them gradually to the door. It was ajar. Inside, one being was about to murder the other. 

"Stop," they said. The shadows in the hut danced and flickered. "Stop."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi, up to you if Varxii follows or not. I hate to cut the conversation short, but I promised Dane I would send Tuakana over ages ago.

@Dane-gerous @Tarn

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

In truth, were it not for Zsann, Mega would have stayed and been killed by the Skakdi. She didn't want to leave, she didn't want to leave her only home in the hands of monsters. She couldn't. 

But Zsann, someone she'd only recently met and brought into her circle of trust, telling her that it was time to go....Her intense anger and upset turned to fear. She didn't want to die, not because of them. She didn't want to leave, she almost felt sick thinking about it but...

Triage. Zsann. Yaushe. 

For them, she had to leave. For all that had happened that day, they were what she'd gained. Her...friends. 

Her shop was lost, but they remained. If she died, she'd lose both. And they'd lose her.

So, Zsann grabbing her shoulder saved Mega's life. As she looked back after contemplation, she stared at the Skakdi for a few brief moments. Zsann would probably notice a shift from the angry Fa-Matoran to a surrendered expression. She knew.

"...I don't wanna." She said, quietly. "But...I know you're right, darlin'. I know it, I wish I didn't but I do." 

OOC: @A-tak-nid @ZippyWharrgarbl @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC [Strange tunnels]:

The Matoran had barely finished his sentence when the wall came alive - no, it had been alive the entire time! Triki didn’t get to see the results of his handiwork as the earth around them started to shake and small rocks began to fall from the ceiling. The section of ‘wall’ disappeared from view mid-transformation. It was definitely turning into something more malleable though. Whatever this thing was, it was big - and it clearly didn’t like being disturbed, especially not by having it’s form forcibly altered. There was a low rumble and growling sound as the unseen creature moved, the falling debris preventing the group from getting a good view.. Triki thought he saw some sort of insect-like legs through the falling dust - or were they tentacles? Or maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him. 

And then, after a few seconds that probably felt longer than they were (except to the Vahki’s boring linear chronometers), it was gone and the rumbling receded. Where the wall had been the group was now faced with a dark opening.  One of the Vahki stepped forward, and poked its head into the opening, mandible lights cutting through the dark. Looking around, it tried to catch a glimpse of the retreating monster, but it had already disappeared from view. 

The tracks they were following were still cut off, this time by the ground dropping away. The Vahkis flashlight revealed why: Whatever the creature had been, and whatever Triki’s power had turned it into just now - it had dug a much larger tunnel perpendicular to the one they were in just now. The floor at the bottom of this new passage was several feet lower than the one they were in just now and it was easily thirty feet across. Somewhere on the other side of that, they would find the continuation of the tunnel they were in before. Hopefully before the thing found a way to turn around and investigate who'd reconstituted it.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @xccj

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro)

There would be time to analyse Taja's transformation and deal with Whisper later. If the immigrants were about to go to war with one another, it was imperative that Ulkarr learn more about the situation. War meant chaos, and that was the opposite of what he hoped to accomplish. He began to board the Taku, even if this meant he was likely to miss his appointment with Uraborask.

Klawne also made her way aboard the airship, for very much the same reasons. She had just met a whole new society of beings like her - she couldn't let them be destroyed.

@BULiK

IC: NU-8020S (Tunnels)

"...The way is clear." The three Vahki jumped down to the bottom of the passage, and began running to the other side, motioning for the organics to follow.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

"Stop."

Unintentionally, Falh obeyed as he turned to look at whoever had barged in on ending his former friend's life. A moss covered creature, face not visible. What?

"...And who would you be, to stop me?" The Toa dropped the Huna temporarily, a shimmer of elemental energy in the free hand. 

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Dane-gerous

IC: Iradra - The Taku

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Taja, we're only trying to help." As they settled down on the airship, Iradra tried to soothe Taja's nerves.

@Eyru 

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius frowned, seeing everyone all too eager to get on board the Taku and leave Po-Koro behind. "Although the situation is admittedly dire, we can't just leave this place defenceless. Someone has to stay behind to ensure its safety in the case of another raid."

• Like 1

IC: Mahryo - Tunnels

"To adventure!" Mahryo called, pumping one fist into the air as he jumped into the pit. For a brief moment he had the horrifying feeling that he would fall forever - but then his feet touched the ground once more, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Let's go, Lueiji!"

@Jakura Nuva@Vezok's Friend@xccj@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

Skyra decided to lay completely down on the floor of the Cargo Hauler, she didn't feel like getting up. 

"You know guys...I despite almost being killed by a giant crab...and being radiated and all that. I had a lot of fun, we should do this again sometime..." 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

Varian thought very carefully how to respond to Zak-Yak, the Skakdi was odd yes, but he had been very useful so far. 

"Yes." 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Docking Bay, The Ripple)

War was upon them. Ostrox couldn't decide if he should be overjoyed or... underwhelmed. His Lord wasn't here to see their final victory, he had to take orders from an obviously inferior leader, and he still knew nothing of Mazor's whereabouts.

In the end, he settled for underwhelmed. His dreary expression would help sell to Pridak that he is genuinely sorry that his poorly-conceived attempt to make peace with a race of which ninety-nine out of a hundred thought of them as heartless monsters for daring to oppose their oppressive theocratic reign had failed. Yes, there were Toa among the League's forces, but they were the exception rather than the rule. He suspected that Zaliyah was only here because of her mutation, but that was beside the point. It wasn't racism if it was correct. If any of them had an ounce of goodness inside, they would have joined the right side a long time ago. Still, being 'good' didn't win battles, so he had to make a concentrated effort to be as vile and as ruthless as they were. He hoped he was succeeding.

"So. How are you feeling?" He asked Zaliyah. He was feeling genuine compassion for this... creature. He wanted her to rudely brush his concerns aside. He needed her to rudely brush his concerns aside, or that meant the compassion wasn't misplaced. He couldn't afford to care for anyone else, that was a weakness that must be removed. It was the only reason why Mantax's death hadn't broken him.

@Nato the Traveler@Biological Chronicler

IC: Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk said nothing. He had zero intentions of inviting Skyra or her equally insubordinate wife along for the mission's second attempt. Nor the walking, talking bio-weapon barely conscious spouting gibberish in the back.

As for who would he take back with him... Irna was fine, he... actually kind of liked Irna. The worst Skorm had done so far was drive in a separate vehicle. Now, if only there was an excuse to get rid of Tekmo...

@Snelly@Tarn@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@Burnmad

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Navu's Hut)

Unable to find anyone who was capable - or even willing, what Matoran would want to go up against a Toa? - Navu returned back to her hut, the hut that would always be hers no matter what that dirtbag had to say, and cowered near the back wall, trying to listen in.

'Stop.' Someone else.

'...And who would you be, to stop me?' Him.

Sense of self-preservation failing, she peered in through the window...

@Dane-gerous@Eyru

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

"Yeah. Me and... a crew, we were headed to Metru-Nui when... you know. The world ended." Zadred looked a bit down, but she resolved to keep scanning the surrounding landscape with her eyes. "What about you? Did you ever leave Metru-Nui before all of this?" She asked, momentarily sparing the machine a glance before returning to her duty.

@pokemonlover360

IC, Atamai: Ruined fort

Atamai focused his elemental powers, and soon a layer of metal began to spread over the fortifications his companions had built. He tapped the metal gently to make sure it was solid enough. 

"That should work. Let's get some sleep, shall we?"

And with that, the Odd Company went to sleep.

OOC: Someone else can wake us up lol @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Harvali @Onaku

• Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruined Fort:

Continuing to scan for hostiles. No hostiles detected.

This unit has never left Metru Nui before now,” the machine replied. “Some Kralhi units escaped across silver sea after the Betrayal. Status unknown. Significant chance this unit is last operational kralhi in the universe.”

OOC: @Onaku

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Lueiji - Tunnels

"I'm a-comin', I'm a-comin'," Lueiji wheezes, somehow already out of breath as he leaps forward after his brother. His legs flail wildly in the air for several seconds as he plummets like a rock, before he remembers that he can momentarily float.

"Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa!"

OOC: @Edelgard @Vezok's Friend @xccj @Toru Nui

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Like 1

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Po-Koro to the Taku

"I'm getting on the Taku," Nale said to Arkius. "I've been meaning to tell you...I want to join its crew, and work with Knichou again. We'd be able to travel between the settlements and help people, but if you think someone should stay behind and watch over this place...who better than you?"

The Fa-Toa wasn't sure how Arkius would respond to the news about her leaving Po-Koro, or whether this was even a good time say it. She simply stood there for a moment, mouth moving like she wanted to continue, then quickly turned and headed for the airship, boarding it once again. Nale's interaction with Knichou in his quarters and how it made her feel was still on her mind as she returned.

Meanwhile, already inside was Triage, watching over Taja alongside Iradra. "I think this is outside my area of expertise," he said.

@Onaku@BULiK@Eyru

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

Removing her mechsuit to make the ride back more comfortable, Rose took her seat again. "Let's not and say we did, hun."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

"I... can relate. I'm pretty sure I'm the last one left of my ship's crew... and I'm one of the last skakdi from our universe, if not outright the last." Zadred sighed, her eyes momentarily drifting down. "Just us two endangered specimens here under the stars, huh?"

@pokemonlover360

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

At Nale's suggestion, Arkius nodded. "Yes, I suppose that would be..." As Nale turned to leave, he sighed, looking after her with a mixture of longing and regret. "... Good luck." He finally said, watching the Toa of Magnetism go, this time her leaving him behind in the sand strewn village.

@Tarn

IC: Irna | Fau Swamp

Irna tried to ignore Kei's hallucinatory words -- especially the ones about her bones.

"I'm not bones yet, Kei," she said gently, bracing herself against the side of the hauler and slowly -- agonizingly -- managing to push herself up to her feet. They needed to get out of here, get back to Metru-Koro. And as far as Irna could tell, the only thing keeping them here was concern for the druid from the swamp. Not that Irna could blame Tekmo. It was their fault that the druid was in danger. What else could they do but extend a helping hand?

And yet....

"Tekmo," the Zyglak said, laying a hand on the man's shoulder. "We need to get going. We can't wait much longer."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Docking Bay, The Ripple)

"So. How are you feeling?" He asked Zaliyah. 

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"Disappointed," she replied. "And vindicated."

When the histories of this conflict were finally written, regardless of who ultimately won, everyone would remember that it had been The League, not the Matoran, who had tried to bring the conflict to a peaceful end. They had defied the centuries-old stereotypes the Matoran had forged to dehumanise and disregard anything that wasn't their own kind, and extended the hand of mercy despite everything they had endured. 

The Matoran had chosen their own fate. 

"Come on. Lord Pridak needs to be informed."   

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zsann - The Scrapshop

Witnessing the change in expression on Mega's face to defeat moved Zsann more than she would have expected. But they would live for another day, she told herself. Which was good.

With a gentle tug she led the matoran away from those Skakdi. Away from the scrapshop, and back to the van.
"Th-thank y-you." was all she could say when they arrived.

OOC: (Dane's okay with this post. I asked.) @Dane-gerous @Unreliable Narrator @ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by A-tak-nid
fixed a typo
  • Like 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Sala (Fau Swamp)

After around four hours of hiding, sneaking, and scurrying through the thick, foreboding underbrush of the swamp and over the sopping, sucking mud, Sala had finally found what he had been looking for - yellow Fau berries.

Pulling out the three empty pots he had grabbed from the supplies hut, Sala began to pick as many of the berries as he could, taking care not to squeeze any of them. Working with diligence, Sala did not notice the slowly increasing amount of bubbles coming from the bog pool behind him till it was too late, as the long tongue of a mutant ghekula frog launched out and lashed itself around Sala's waist, pinning one of his arms.

Struggling and twisting, Sala did everything he could to free himself from the ghekula's grip, trying his best to free his other hand to grab his plasma sword from his entrapped satchel. But it was no use, the tongue was not only tightly wrapped around him, it was also coated in some sticky adhesive, preventing any chance of escape.

"Sorilax, I'm sorry, I should've listened to you, I shouldn't have gone on my own, I should've stayed in the village with the rest of the matoran. Now I'm going to die all because of some yellow berries...yellow...poisonous berries." Only a few meters away from the ghekula at this point, Sala realized that in his one free remaining hand is one of the pots of berries. Now only a few feet away from the ghekula's gaping maw, Sala's only hope was that these berries were really poisonous - to bad Sorilax never told them how poisonous they were.

Knowing that he had only one shot, and a bad throwing arm, Sala's best bet was to throw the pot just before he got swallowed. Being dragged close enough to the ghekula to be able to see down the thing's throat, Sala made his throw, and the pot crashed downed into the frog's throat. Stopped in its tracks, briefly loosing it grip on Sala with its tongue, Sala managed to free himself from the ghekula's tongue and pull out his plasma sword.

"Okay then, I know it's bad luck to hurt a ghekula, but I think it's worse to be eaten by one." Plasma sword in hand, Sala pressed the button to turn it on...and nothing happened, the ignition port being gunked up by ghekula saliva. Without a weapon, Sala's was good as dead as the frog prepared to leap forward and swallow Sala whole, and then it died, as foam began to spill out of its mouth and it's body began to twitch and thrash as the berries began to take root within it's system.

Not wanting to risk his life anymore than he had already done so, Sala grabbed what berries he already picked, grabbing the two remaining pots and made his way back to Le-Metru Nuva, probably not as carefully as he should of though but thankfully returning home with minimal trouble anyways. With a deep sigh, Sala got onto the elevator into the village, "Huh, good, I'm back home. Now I just need to get these berries back into the hut and get to work on those scrolls before Sorilax makes...it..back." Sala stuttered out those last few words, as standing before him was Sorilax, albeit looking slightly different then the last time they saw each other. "Hiiiiii Soooriilax...Man those yellow Fau berries really are something right?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Leaving The Scrapshop

She nodded, vaguely, trying to ignore the monsters staring at her. She didn't look at them, only at Zsann and then Yaushe.

Having picked up a half-empty jerry can of fuel on the way out, she opened the van's backdoors, sitting it below one of the seats before climbing in herself. She didn't want to drive. 

If I was a Toa they'd have taken me seriously.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Barius - Mega's Scrapshop

The Skakdi's grin widened as he watched his prediction come true. He turned back to the Aspect he'd bet against.

"I'll get you that heartlight after our next stop, then?"

He was tempted to use the Toa strapped to Cor's vehicle, but he figured that one might be of some use. Plus, he was hoping to dramatically kill him in front of all of Po-Koro, when they inevitably failed to put up the tribute demanded of them. Besides, he didn't want to push Boss' buttons too much in one day.

Speaking of which... His thoughts turned to the wreck he was still carrying/dragging along with him. With the Matoran just having departed, everyone's attention was on the garage where Boss was sitting... which made it the perfect time to present the E Street. He hefted the twisted chassis unsubtly over his head. "'Scuse me for a sec, boogeyman."

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Finding a route to a better vantage point, the Aspect tapped his allies' on the shoulders, prompting those of them who could not see in his shadows to form into a line, joined to himself by a chain of joined hands. "This way, friends,"  he said as he led the crew upwards.

OOC: @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Dane-gerous @Vezok's Friend

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

The Tiokaha grimaced, half from nausea and half from the prospect of riding in one of these horrid metal contraptions. But the other beings - some of which he recognized as Toa, others less familiar - made good points. There were few other beings in the swamp. He'd heard of some folk trying to settle within, but as far as he knew, they were all dead. Killed by the swamp, as he had nearly been numerous times in the past centuries. No, it seemed his choices were between traveling with this group, or dying.

It was a harder decision than you might expect. Not only would he have to ride in the cargo hauler, he'd have to go to a settlement. One composed of people, presumably, who came from the giant head, which could bode only ill.

But after some moments' deliberation - during which some of them would likely begin to wonder if they would have to leave him behind - the purplish figure did finally step tentatively, hesitantly aboard the cargo hauler, resisting the urge to complain as he did so. When he was aboard, he simply stood around awkwardly, looking extremely out of place.

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi swallowed, he … he wanted to speak to Toa Stannis, of course he did. But he had a duty. Finally nodded finally and said, “I would like to. But if the Taku leaves for Metru-Koro, I think I will need to stay behind, help prepare them for the worst. If I cannot come, listen, this island used to have Matoran, the Turaga who came with us was a native. Her people were wiped out by the Skakdi. But … there is a hope.”

They believed in Mata-Nui, like us. But they also believed in lesser spirits called Kaita. And these Kaita, there was a way for people to become avatars for these spirits, through unity. That unity brought us closer to the gods. She doesn’t remember how to do it, but if we could do that ritual … might give our people some renewed hope. Mend our faith. I … I think I might try to find out information on that, once Po-Koro is stabler.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Excuse me, friends,” a voice interrupted Kilo and Zadred. Approaching them was Collector, their walk attempting to be casual, but their fingers clung to their Kanoka Blade like a climber to his rope. They stopped short, trying not to spook Zadred. “I was hoping I may speak to you? I will attempt to not upset you again, Zadred. Can I trust you to warn me if I misspeak?”

They had heard a what Zadred and Kilo had said, they had been spying when the others slept. The two guards had probably noticed them, the two of the  had abilities even if they weren’t Toa. But they still weren’t Toa, and that mattered.

They … they had wondered if Zadred was upset when they implied that everyone in the universe was dead, including her fellow Skakdi. And indeed, it seemed to bother her. Though she did not act like most Skakdi they heard of, they thought she was more of an outcast. Though they were wrong. Or … or maybe their crew were outcasts too. The only people who understood her. 

And … was this machine sad their fellow machines were likely dead too? Well, as dead as a machine could be at least. 

OOC: @Onaku @pokemonlover360 Hope this is okay.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro

They stood just inside the door. Their knuckles brushed the ground. They made no move to intervene. They did not fight.

"Who would you be," they echoed. The words came forth one by one, slowly, like they were carefully tasting each syllable before releasing it into the air. "Who would you be... to take life?"

Their shadowed face tilted to the left. Their voice was soft and low. "Who are you... to spill blood? Do not... take it lightly. It is not... simple."

OOC: @Dane-gerous

IC: Oreius | The Archives, Metru Nui

The two Toa bumped fists. Oreius kept his guard up, but Okua seemed friendly and honest; and anyway, if he wasn't going to trust the other Toa then why was he here?

"Well met, Okuo of the scavenger villages," he said. "I didn't expect to meet an ally down here."

He looked around. "What brings you to the Archives, and to... this place?"

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 1

IC: Corrivalis - Scrapshop

With outward indifference and inward curiosity, Corrivalis watched Barius make his approach. 

The behaviour of the warskaks continued to both perplex and intrigue him. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector tensed up, they wanted to talk now, when the Toa were asleep. But … Zadred already seemed uncomfortable around them, and they wanted her as a friend. She wasn’t a Matoran, but she lived among them, she might understand. At least, they hoped she would. And if they made her uneasy now, it might make this quest difficult. And they might not find a way to become a Toa. And they needed to be a Toa. 

So finally they nodded and said, “Alright.” They walked away, their hand clenching their Kanoka Blade. As they walked they lifted up their blades and slid their fingers down it, imagining what it would be like to wield ice, true elemental ice. They sat down, imagining themself wearing a great mask and building ice walls to protect a Matoran village.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Onaku

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

His red eyes glimmered behind the Felnas.

"My name is Falh, Toa of Ice. I am the League's reckoning. I am what our people are fervently afraid of, but what they desperately need. I am the Apex. I am Metru-Nui's rebirth."

He flexed the fingers on his open hand, which was beginning to frost up with elemental ice. 

"I have killed, stranger. Before now, I took it lightly, as the people I slew were not people, but monsters. I do not take it lightly, now. But it must be done." He spoke almost as deliberately, his voice deep and proud. 

Falh was sure of himself, now. 

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku:

There was a moment of deliberation in Kat's mind as Taja was lifted into the airship. That Skakdi would return in a couple of days, and she certainly didn't want to miss out on a chance to fight him, but.... the people on the airship all seemed far more worried about his Pridak person, whoever that was. If that were the case.... then Pridak must be pretty powerful!

Her spirit couldn't let an opportunity like that get away! And besides, with this big flying ship(she had picked up that it was called a ship), they could go to Metru-Koro, deal with that Pridak person, and then come back here to fight that Skakdi again with plenty of time to spare! So she'd hopped on board with the others, eager to get going, so much so that she couldn't resist but shift her weight from foot to foot, almost as if she could barely contain the urge to begin shadowboxing spontaneously.

OOC: OFI~

IC: Uraborask (The Rig)

The Rig, a tangled mess of bridges, rope wires, suspended platforms, and crowded shacks, it would be a perfect home for any predatory rahi if it wasn't for the skakdi who all think their the big muaka on campus. Uraborask made his way to the Mall, being sure not to draw any unnecessary attention. Not that he's not willing for a fight, just that he's on a mission and doesn't feel like putting any skaklets in their place.

The Mall, the center of the Rig and where anything and everything is being traded for all at once. Uraborask slunk into the edges of the Mall, hoping to spy Yoshimak's without any interference. Using his vision of deduction and his keen senses, Uraborask followed the smell of old fish and watered down boozed to the more active slummy dives, leading him to a crudely made sign with what appeared to be a cartoonish caricature of a skakdi eating sushi. 

"Guess this is the place" Uraborask snarled, as he made his way through the double doors, the smells he's been tracking heightened now that he's found the source. Scouring the room, Uraborask looked for the sleazy little skaklet who hired him. Uraborask didn't like the trader the second they meant, he was one of those who's only right to being an alpha was being an easy source of what others desire. In the back corner, seemingly by himself mewling over a cold drink, was the trader.

As Uraborask approached the skakdi, a sense of predatory intent emanating from his large form, the trader gave a start as Uraborask took a seat across from him. "I'm back from the hunt. The muaka alpha is dead. Now pay me." "What! You killed that monster! Impossible!"

• Like 1

IC: Okuo - The Vault

"Oh, well, you know. Scavenging. I've been trying to find useful parts and components in the wreckage that could help out the survivors." Okuo turned to look around the room the two of them were currently standing in. "This here, though, has been a pretty unexpected detour." The younger Toa then looked back to Oreius, an expression of curiosity on his features as he looked the older Toa over. "What about you?"

@Eyru @EmperorWhenua

3 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi swallowed, he … he wanted to speak to Toa Stannis, of course he did. But he had a duty. Finally nodded finally and said, “I would like to. But if the Taku leaves for Metru-Koro, I think I will need to stay behind, help prepare them for the worst. If I cannot come, listen, this island used to have Matoran, the Turaga who came with us was a native. Her people were wiped out by the Skakdi. But … there is a hope.”

They believed in Mata-Nui, like us. But they also believed in lesser spirits called Kaita. And these Kaita, there was a way for people to become avatars for these spirits, through unity. That unity brought us closer to the gods. She doesn’t remember how to do it, but if we could do that ritual … might give our people some renewed hope. Mend our faith. I … I think I might try to find out information on that, once Po-Koro is stabler.”

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

The Wanderer humphed in acknowledgement for Kanohi's wish and thought a second more and finally shook his head slightly. "Perhaps... you should stay here and tend to this town's needs. I do know some of the Kaita, and if it's pertinent I will mention it anew, but I believe for the moment we will be focusing on the threat of the Shadows and not the League. For now, I suggest you speak with Toa Arkius and prepare together. He and you are much alike in several ways and you could do much good for each other. Await my return before three hours, my friend."

And suddenly he was gone. 

His friend did confirm his main suspicion, that it was the Skakdi who killed off the Matoran population that was depicted as once thriving on what was now called Zakaz. Perhaps it was the arrival of the Skakdi who caused the sudden changes he saw depicted on the temple walls in the southron swamp, he wondered, and it made sense; like a predatory invasive species they were easily able to hunt the comparatively placid natives to near extinction, and thus sending the ecosystem into a spiral. Everything was not balanced, not as it once was. 

Stannis materialized in the hold of the Taku, using what little time was left on his Kanohi's program to teleport himself there while the airship remained stationary in flight. He may have been an unbidden guest, but the Wanderer surmised that his past adventures with Knichou and his ship at least warranted some invitation in turn, particularly when the matters at hand consisted of fighting for the Matoran and countering their threats. The assembled toa and others who would be coming on board did not know the danger the Aspects held or what they were capable of, but Stannis had a better grasp than anyone, and most importantly this was a group who would listen to his advice. Here, at least, he was regarded with the respect his experiences were due to him, and that placed him in a good position to try and do the most good for the moment.

His abrupt appearance, however, was startling to the crew Knichou must have conscripted since the fall of Metru Nui. The old toa gently pulled his hood back off his head and identified himself with a "Hello, I am Stannis," in an attempt to becalm them, and as they were seemingly satisfied with that—some of them realized who he was then, and the rest remembered him from some small stories Knichou must have shared about him—he busied himself with quickly getting out of the way.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

OOC: Hit authorized by @EmperorWhenua :D

IC Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku:

Kat was so antsy that when some....*thing* appeared in her senses, something full of a deep, ancient power that ran so high that Kat almost froze. It towered over her, looming like an oppressive tidal surge that threatened to swallow her whole if she did not move or strike. Worse, it had popped into being in her blind spot, and her training kicked in, and she spun in a fiery flash of power as she sent a fist rocketing through the air just as Stannis began to move away, catching the Ancient Toa square in the jaw. As quickly as it happened, Kat realized her mistake, and backed up, alarm springing to her features, "Oh, jeez, sorry about that! You startled me!"

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, the Taku

Knichou stood at the edge of the cargo bay opening, looking down as many beings began boarding his ship. For a Toa who was used to being alone, Knichou travelling in the Taku tended to attract quite the crowd.

Knichou was watching those enter, silently taking a headcount. Taja, Triage, Exuze, Berys, Arnex, and Suhaku were the official crew that were aboard by the time Knichou got on board, with Kat and Iradra being previous passengers that were obligated a return to Metru-Koro after Knichou taking them to Po-Koro. Nale climbed up the ladder after saying a goodbye to Arkius, who was staying behind to defend the village. Kanohi spoke to Stannis, telling the olden Toa that he wanted to stay behind and rebuild. Classic Kanohi...

Knichou gave a loose salute to Kanohi and Arkius. He knew both of them would have come aboard, but their duty compelled them to stay, protect, and rebuild. Knichou had respect for that. He knew there would probably be another time to talk with Kanohi. It felt strange seeing him, because a week ago Knichou had never expected to see the matoran again, and Knichou had been ready to give the Matoran his ship when he died while trying to fix time. Even if he hadn't told Kanohi that plan, the fact that Knichou was ready to follow through with it was one of many things that troubled him from that day, and Knichou would have to think about what to say to the matoran later.

Stannis disappeared in front of Knichou's eyes, and the Toa felt a large cluster of metal spontaneously appear behind him at the same time, followed shortly by gasps from Exuze and Suhaku, who were quickly reassured as the old Toa announced his presence. So that's how he got here so quickly...

The last two to board were the ones furthest away from Taja when the Taku arrived. A teal armored figure with piercing green eyes climbed up the ladder, with a Turaga of earth shortly behind. These were the only two attempting to board the ship that Knichou did not know or hadn't directly addressed like he had done with Whisper. When both of then made their way up the rope ladder and stepped foot on the lower deck, Knichou stood in front of them, blocking their paths.

"Who are both of you and why are you coming aboard?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"That's uh, that's Ulkarr and--Klawne, wasn't it?" Nale interjected, placing a hand on Knichou's shoulder as she approached from behind. "They travelled with Kanohi on the rescue mission."

She leaned closer to the Toa of Iron and whispered in his ear, "And Ulkarr is the one who spoke of that...ritual if you're concerned about that."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I would advise avoidance of that one," Whisper fluttered closer, one of her tails coiling away from the others to point in the direction of Ulkarr. "He is of my kind. Eyes like his are the prying variety I would prefer not to be included in our conversation." 

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, the Taku

Knichou was surprised but reassured when Nale put a hand on his shoulder and introduced him to the two beings in front of him. He was glad they aided Nale and Kanohi in the wilderness, even if Ulkarr's talking of strange rituals was disturbing. What Arkius told Knichou of this ritual sounded the same as what happened to Taja. The heartlight, and the shadow, and Whisper's talk of giving powers. Ulkarr could be useful in verifying any information Whisper said, but if Whisper would not reveal her secrets with Ulkarr nearby, there would be a problem. Knichou could always consult Ulkarr later if he did not trust Whisper's words enough, but the priority was getting Whisper to reveal her intentions in the first place.

"A friend of Nale and Kanohi is a friend of mine, you may come aboard," Knichou said, giving Klawne a nod and letting the Turaga pass. He turned to Ulkarr. "As for you... your fate is up to our... guest..."

Knichou turned now to the floating being nearby.

"Would us speaking in private on the bridge, without Ulkarr present, be adequate? Or is his presence aboard another part of the ship enough to keep you silent?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)