Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Okuo exhaled a long, exasperated sigh. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?" The young toa knocked lightly on the table. "Tell me about the table and its functions. Please."

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

There was a brief moment of stillness as Varah simply observed the scene before her. The Mahi eating the weeds, the Bo-Matoran inspecting the strangely thriving foliage, and the culprit. Her eyes lingered on the last one for a good moment before she turned to the Av-Matoran and nodded twice, before her attention returned to the scene in front of her. She sighed, rubbing her sore neck and momentarily closing her eyes.

What a mess.

@Harvali

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Warskak Garage

A crackle of lightning in Boss’ palm as he summoned the prison, and then Barius beheld a small orb held in Boss’ fingers, little bigger than a matoran’s clenched fist. It was the darkest black in hue, but they spied bolts of purple lightning and roiling magenta clouds coursing inside it. Strangely, the black cube emitted a white glow which cast long tendrils of shadow throughout the garage, as if feeding on the daylight.

“She likes being called Miss,” Boss said with a grin. Then he addressed the orb in his hand. The shadows lengthened and covered his face as he spoke;

“Alright Miss. Answer one question for the skakdi who claps his hands twice next.”

Boss’ face turned towards Barius expectantly. In the shadows covering the warskak leader’s face Barius caught a glimpse of three darkly glittering eyes. He felt seen down to the core of his soul.

“Go on now. Clap.”

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Barius - Warskak Garage

The Skakdi sneered at Boss' strange, ritualistic instruction, chest shaking with a single bark of laughter as he peered into the orb, staring into one of its three glittering eyes. He clapped twice, mockingly. Whether he was mocking 'Miss' or the Boss, an outside observer could not say for certain.

In his head, he forcefully thought a series of words, hoping that they would be heard by the spirit within the tiny, spherical prison - and that the same would heed them.

I would offer you a chance at freedom, demon. All you must do is tell me of Nektann's weaknesses.

Aloud, he uttered a question only slightly more innocuous. "What kinda slug would make me the most powerful?" He grinned.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Warskak Garage

Boss gave the orb a good shake, the lightning inside sputtering and splitting before suddenly an answer echoed back telepathically in Barius’ head in the same voice he heard when thinking to himself;

“Without a doubt.”

A sign of recognition crossed Boss’ face. The shadows dimmed, question answered, and with a spark of crackling energy the orb vanished. The strange shadows in the garage returned to their normal length. The smell of ozone lingered.

“Well, well, well. Looking for a slug are you?” Boss said with a creeping sneer. “I think we might be able to figure something out for a loyal raider like yourself. You got your answer.”

Boss stood up from his seat on the rolling ladder. He stretched his arms above his head and gave a sigh. “Right, time to put my girl back together.”

It would be several hours of working on his ACR before Boss would deem her road worthy. During the hours he kept to himself unless telling someone to fetch a part or help with moving something. When finished, Boss called the warskaks to ride out, leaving a few behind to make his improvements to the garage.

It was time to go to Irnakk’s Tooth.

Barius needed to disappear.

Happy chat.

IC: Mazor-Trail of the Aqua sphere-Out to scout @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

Mazor simply nodded and turned. He loaded a disk into his launcher and began to search. He periodically closed his eyes, and  concentrated, searching for any inteligent life signs, other than himself, Gnabol and the skaklings

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro-Worried 

Jephro stood outside Turuga Sans' hut. He had been hoping to ask the turruga a few questions, but San's was either not home or bussy, so Jephro just stood there, not sure what to do. 

OOC: open for interaction

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: NU-8020S (Tunnels)

NU-8020S put as little energy as possible in trying to prevent Triki from running off to be eaten. "Oh no, stop, don't, come back."

@xccj@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Wilderness, Cargo Hauler)

"An interesting question. My theory - which seems to have been universally accepted by our group because of its simplistic brilliance - is that Keitara - the woman lying on the floor - used her elemental light powers to create some kind of poisonous light to fight off that giant Manas crab that was trying to-aurgh..." Tekmo clutched his stomach for a few seconds before continuing. "That was trying to eat us."

He took a few seconds to recompose himself before proceeding. "My elemental power over plantlife allowed me to detect the surrounding foliage being tainted by this light. Since both plants and protodermis-based life-forms are both organic, and since we all feel unwell, it is extremely likely that we too, have been affected."

"I should point out that said crab was engaged against my orders. Just throwing that out there." Waveahk was clearly suffering as much as everyone else, but was making a concentrated effort to hide it. Besides, the driver couldn't suddenly start writhing in pain while driving, now could he?

@Burnmad@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Terror coursed through Navu's veins, but she wouldn't run. Not again. Someone would have to watch and listen. Someone would have to tell the world that Toa Falh was a monster, who consorted with unknown beings to gain power.

But would anyone listen to her? They would have to. But would they respond to her? They would have to... wouldn't they? They hadn't when Falh needed a medic. They hadn't when Falh froze Toa Datrox.

They'd have to. They'd have to.

@Dane-gerous@Eyru

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

"No questions," Korio said, eyeing the map like it was the most interesting thing he'd ever seen, then looking up at his Queen. "Let's get some booty, Miss Yumi."

@Dane-gerous@pokemonlover360@EmperorWhenua

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Uh, well, I don't really know what kraata are, but...I can't imagine it'd be healthy to replace a living persons' heartlight with something else. However, Taja seems to be..."

@BULiK@Nato the Traveler

IC: Jutori - Campsite

The Toa of Gravity was one of the first to wake the next morning. "Rise and shine," he said with a yawn, grabbing his sledgehammer. Jutori approached Kilo (and Zadred, if the Skakdi was awake). "Thanks for keeping watch, anything interesting happen?"

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Harvali@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

12 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"So - and correct me if I'm wrong here, Tri, you're the doc here - a kraata is effectively a heartlight transformed into a... new organ?"

11 minutes ago, Tarn said:

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Uh, well, I don't really know what kraata are, but...I can't imagine it'd be healthy to replace a living persons' heartlight with something else. However, Taja seems to be..."

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I suppose that is a way to think of it. I've never carved open a kraata to see how it functions on the inside," she replied, thoughtfully, "As for Taja, it would appear that rather than transforming her heart, the kraata's power has merged with her body. It's quite fascinating."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou had been unsure what to think of Whisper, but the revelations of Taja not knowing the dangers had been irritating him, and now that he was slightly less confused about the nature of the transformation, his wording was no longer as diplomatic.

"Fascinating... is one word for it. Reckless and dangerous are other fitting descriptions of this transformation. Did you come to this settlement purely for test subjects in your experiments?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Barius - Scrapshop

Barius kept up his confident grin as he received the cryptic answer, but internally, he was confounded. 'Without a doubt'? What in the world did that mean?

As Boss turned his attention to the wreck that Barius had presented to him, the upstart did a heel turn and strode his armor out of the shop, cursing in his head even as he sneered at the onlookers.

OK. OK, OK, OK. He needed to fix up his ACR. The fuel lines were all shot, and the surface was riddled with dents. It also needed the blood and viscera hosed off. He guided it into one of the garage doors, as far away from the E Street as possible, and got to work. He would spend the next few hours repairing it, while watching the wreck he'd brought in also be restored to its former glory, at the same time.

He finished a bit before Boss' crew, by virtue of having much less work to do, and spent the rest of his time among the Warskaks, wracking his brain over what he was to do. 'Without a doubt'... It had to mean something, right?

And what of the Toa he'd taken captive? He wanted a heartlight to give to Parnassus - sooner rather than later, as he felt a confrontation with Boss was coming soon - but killing Reson would guarantee more fighting with Po-Koro.

...But then, he was already counting on that. He'd anticipated cutting the Toa's throat open in front of the disobedient village in a couple weeks' time, anyhow. Why not put the Toa to use in the meantime?

What to do? What. To. Do?

OOC: Anyone wants to interact with Barius... make it quick. He might not be around much longer. :bored:

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruined Fort:

Ally Jutori approaching. Preparing detailed incident report.

No sightings of enemies,” the machine stated. “Only major occurrence: teambuilding conversations. This unit is ready to depart when group is ready.”

Psychological issues detected in companions Zadred and Collector. Will need to be resolved to improve group effectiveness.

Observations indicate companion Zadred feels isolation in wake of arrival on Zakaz. Loss of friends and near-extinction of species feeds those feelings.

Potential solution: Encourage group interaction. While allies are not skakdi, friendly interpersonal connections may replicate lost relationships. Ally Vashni likely best choice. Past experience indicates she is best of allies at connecting with others. Will bring up topic when possible.

Companion Collector appears to resent vortixx species. Apathy towards prior universe has been displayed. Interest in elemental powers has been brought up, along with odd behavior towards toa. Additional observation is required before action may be taken.

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn@~Xemnas~@Harvali@Onaku

IC Ysocla Naenoic - Tactical Panda II:

The indigo skakdi drummed on the tip of her cane as she looked over the map. If this warrior is as strong as they say, it’s going to be a hassle capturing them, she thought. With Lady Yumiwak’s... strong personality, I don’t know if they’ll come willingly.

Lady Yumiwak,” she began, “Do we have any plan to capture said warrior once we’ve located them?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Dane-gerous@Tarn

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I came because it's new. Because you're new. This wasteland has been following the same savage cycles for centuries on end, but the arrival of all of you heralds change. And that inspired me to make a change of my own, to try something different." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Corrivalis - Scrapshop

The mimic could have almost been a statue for all that he did while the others made their repairs. He sat atop his ACR, watching impassively as the others joked and jostled, snickered and schemed. He still didn't truly understand these beings, or sympathise with their ambitions. 

But they were the closest thing he had to kin, and he would fight by their side until it killed him. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

Evidently Pridak had built a reception area in their absence. At any other time, Zaliyah might have appreciated the semblance of organisation creeping back into the League's operations, but right now she was more irritated with the newfound obstacle preventing her from making her report.

"We have returned from attempted peace talks with the enemy," she approached the desk, "I wish to speak with Pridak."

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Barius' heart rate increased as he looked around the horde of gathered Skaks, and their wretched war machines. He spotted Corrivalis' - it was in the same spot he'd left it - and walked over. Thankfully, Parnassus was still nearby. And the prisoner was still strapped to Cor's lizard.

"Change of plans," he announced, looking at Parnassus. "I think I'll get you that heartlight now. Someone lend me a knife."

There was an abundance of knives to be had among the Warskaks, and an even greater abundance of bloodlust. More than one blade was being held out to him by time he had stepped out of his armor. He grabbed one by the blade, his tough skin untouched by the sharp knife's bite, before shifting his grip to hold it by the handle. He started approaching Reson. "Sorry, meat, I'm afraid I'm gonna need somethin' from ya."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Conway

IC: Reson - Scrapshop

Even with his powers reduced, De-Toa like Reson were good at one very particular thing: hearing.

But even if he hadn't been able to catch bits and pieces of the conversations about doing weird things with heartlights, the sight of the massive warskak lumbering towards him with a knife in hand was enough to send metaphorical alarm bells ringing. 

"You don't strike me as the sort who means it when he's sayin' sorry," Reson scowled, trying to flip the bird at Barius with his bound hands. "So this it? You're gonna go back on your word and carve me up while I can't even fight back?" 

A part of him was terrified. He was alone, tied up, at the complete mercy of these monsters. But another part of him, the part that had scraped by and survived so many adverse situations, saw a chance, however small, to weasel his way out of this. These skakdi respected strength, and this one wanted to usurp the one in charge. 

"Pretty bloody cowardly of you, considerin' you couldn't even beat me the first time."

OOC: @Burnmad

17 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Being crushed by Sorilax in Le-Metru Nui)

With a sigh of relief, Sala was relived at Sorilax genuine joy at his return and not upset at him leaving against his wishes. "Thank goodness, I was most certainly not ready to handle the lecture that Sorilax most certainly has rehearsed before. Maybe I should tell him about what happened while I was gone." 

Standing there stock still, as Sorilax continued, Sala realized that now probably wasn't time to share his near death experience. Sala didn't want to spoil Sorilax's joyous mood, especially with all that has happened within the past few days. But that did explain the Ghekula, so that's nothing he had to ask. Great spirits, Sala could swear that Sorilax could read his mind, even if he's not aware of it.

"Wait, was he serious, him, and me, going on a journey beyond the swamp! This was the opportunity Sala was looking for." Stare straight up into Sorilax's faces, trying his best to make it past his waist. "Yes Sorilax, Yes! I'm willing to do whatever you need of me to get you fixed. I'm sure we could find a fe-matoran or even a fe-toa who could get you fixed up. And don't worry about the temple, at least this way you'll be able to learn more about us. Maybe you could even meet Turaga Sans." And with that, Sala was on his way, already trying to pack nearly twice as much supplies as he originally took, though making sure to remember to put back the two pots. He'll have to make sure to get another pot for the one he lost.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Go ahead and continue with us leaving Le-Metru Nui as you see fit.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Le-Metru Nuva - On the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sala

Sorilax nodded in approval, smiling, “Good, good! You go gather what you need and I’ll go dig up that bush. We can grind up the roots and mix them before we go.” Sala ran off and Sorilax chuckled. His Matoran. NO. His friend Sala was sure an interesting character. So energetic and full of life. Sorilax couldn’t remember a time when he had been like that. Maybe once long, long ago when he had just formed from Antidermis.

Taking the elevator down, Sorilax easily acquired the needed roots. He requisitioned a cauldron and a stirring spoon from the village’s supplies and set about grinding down the roots themselves. An earthy, yet sweet smell filled the air. He finished as Sala, now packed, showed up once more. They spent a good half hour creating ink and storing it away before the cauldron was finally empty. Sorilax cleaned and returned the cauldron and spoon, leaving half of the ink they had made in the village’s supplies. Sala was given a fourth and Sorilax took the last fourth. This amount should last him a good long while now.

This process gave ample time for the Matoran in his Second Skin to finish another hut. This new hut was a simple cabin that housed beds for six beings. There were also now four long wooden poles set up around the village, growing from the trees themselves using the Matoran’s Rhotuka lesser power over the Green. They rose up above the canopy of the trees, waiting for eventual use. They would eventually house the four solar panels Le-Metru Nuva owned.

Sorilax retrieved Second Skin and strode over to Sala. Sorilax motioned to the machine, “For your safety and also my convenience, I ask that you would pilot this for me. I’m afraid it might damage my body if I were to pilot it myself.

Suddenly caught on the idea of ACRs, Sorilax continued, “Intriguing fact, actually. Normal Advanced Combat Rigs require neural implants, but the Skakdi that built my rig were forced to build the technology right into my ACR seeing as I have no mechanical brain to implant into. Of course this cost me much more money, but I see it was worth it now with how all of you can pilot it!

Pondering the more technical aspects of his ACR left Sorilax silent for a few minutes. A nearby Matoran noticed the pondering silence as Sorilax stroked his chin with a Shadow hand and quickly moved along, not wanting to get caught up in another discussion instead of working to keep the community safe. The villagers were starting to understand Sorilax. The Aspect was about to launch into an exhaustive lecture on something. Indeed, Sorilax was mentally making notes on the minute differences between having a body built to be like other beings and having an ACR built. And that wasn’t even touching on the elemental dampeners. Now was the perfect time for Sala to interject and get them both moving forward.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi strained as he shoved the caltrop into position, it’s metal beams grinding against the rocks. Finally a Po-Matoran called, “okay, that should be enough.” Kanohi nodded and released the metal device, before falling limp. He was no Po-Matoran, his strength was more limited. He laid there, looking up at the sky and breathing heavily.

Then a large shadow passed overhead and he bolted upright, flipping out his disk of freezing in his hand. He looked about, panting, he … he thought … that maybe it was that airship. , how were they going to save Po-Koro, let alone Metru-Koro?

He stood there, panting. His body numb he swallowed and plopped down, dropped the freezing disk at his feet. As it touched the ground dust splashed up like a icy wind, which began to spin and spiral. Kanohi crawled back as a cyclone of ice and dust whipped around him, and Po-Koro melted into the whiteness.

Kanohi shakily stood up, picking up the disk, as the white winds began to subside. From the wintery vortex out melted … a jungle? A great jungle, harsh with green and alive with screams and shrieks. Kanohi staggered forward, unfolding his staff to push aside vines and branches. He … he could see a hint of red in the green.

He slid aside a branch with his Kiril Staff, to see two Toa. One of the Toa was red, and the other was green. They clung to each other in an embrace. And they both … they seemed to shake. He … Kanohi knew they were dying in that jungle, these two Toa, dying with no one but each other.

Kanohi? Are you okay?.”

Kanohi blinked, he was back in Po-Koro, the Po-Matoran was staring at him. “I … I am alright,” he managed, his face crimson beneath his mask, before saying, “I … excuse me I need to go, um, sorry.” He ran off, unsure where to go. Only that he needed to get help. He had not had a vision since … since the Impact. This was important. 

IC Bode - Po-Koro

They knew. They had to know. The Bo-Matoran prodding his weeds, the Po-Matoran watching him. They knew. And he … he was … glad. No, not glad but … relieved. They knew so … he would be punished. It would be resolved. It would end. He … he should go to Varah, beg only to keep walking in his field, keep helping Po-Koro. Continue to try to make something good come out of his … mistake. That was the least he could do.

He turned, and started to walk towards the guard. But when he saw the Po-Matoran he … her eyes, he felt them peer through him like a Skakdi’s vision power. He trembled was … it had to be just his imagination. But after what he did … he flinched. He turned and resumed walking in the field, shaking.

He … Bode wanted this to end. He did. But at the same time, he was terrified of that end.

OOC: @Onaku

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector had … not slept well, and was still a bit drowsy when they heard voices. They groaned and tapped their Kanoka blade to the ground, freezing it over, before planting their face against it. The raw cold was a jarring shock, and their mind jerked awake. They sat back up, breathing heavily, before pressing their hand to the ice. Just … feeling it, imagining it was their power, that they had formed that ice the right way.

They stood up, and looked towards the two sentries. They … one of the Toa seemed to be awake, Jutori. They … were not sure if they could speak to Zadred now. But maybe … they could still. They walked up, still clinging their Kanoka Blade in their hands. “Anything eventful happen in the night? Should some of us search the fort more thoroughly, try to look for any clues left in the ruin that might help our hunt?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

28 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"You don't strike me as the sort who means it when he's sayin' sorry," Reson scowled, trying to flip the bird at Barius with his bound hands. "So this it? You're gonna go back on your word and carve me up while I can't even fight back?"

Yup, I am, thought Barius.

The Toa was s, he'd give him that. Even now, he was makin' an obscene gesture at the hulking Skak that was coming to tear his heart out. That was the kind of thing that earned you some respect.

Not mercy, though.

33 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Pretty bloody cowardly of you,

He stopped.

33 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

considerin' you couldn't even beat me the first time."

He chuckled. A gruff, harsh sound, that grew in volume until Barius was having a right proper giggle fit in front of the bound Toa. "You hear that, boys?" He howled, still laughing. "The Toa wants a rematch."

Still laughing, he closed the distance with the knife, raised it up into the air. Still laughing, he brought it swinging down...

Cutting the rope that bound Reson.

"Cor, give the boy his face back, would you? And someone, hand him a weapon. He won't need it for long"

Impugning upon his ability was an insult that he could not simply shrug off. And in any case, he really needed a good fight right now.

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

Morangad pondered the Toa's reply. A Toa of Light? Hm. He'd met a Toa of Light before, once. She'd come to visit for some reason, long since lost to the Tiokaha's memory. But he did remember her making a sort of light show, dazzling the kids of his village. All different colors of light...

"Maybe the color of her light is wrong," he suggested, not offering any further explanation.

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Nui, The Coliseum, Waiting area

The vortixx looked over Zaliyah and Ostrox and gave a soft nod. After gesturing towards the two vahki by the elevator at the other end of the waiting area  -- full of rather unique looking characters -- the vortixx spoke;

"The Barraki has been expecting you. He got notice of your airship's arrival. Please head up."

OOC:

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Reson - Mad Skaks - Thunderdome

Reson fell from the back of the ACR and flopped awkwardly onto the dirt, his mask and a rusty spear soon landing alongside him. He sat up, stretched, rubbed at his aching wrists, then donned his Kanohi and got to his feet.

Then, with a resigned sigh, he took up the spear and settled into a defensive stance. He couldn't match this monster of a warskak in a test of strength. He certainly couldn't take them all on and try to make a run for it on foot. But he had a sense of what Barius wanted... perhaps he could give it to him? 

"Alright sweet cheeks, let's dance." 

• Like 1

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on a second there, hoss!” the trader interjected, placing a hand on the frame of the bike to keep the other from simply getting on.

“That’s it? ‘Thanks for the bike’ and then goodbye, stranger, smell ya later? Ain’t even gonna tell me your name? Gotta tell you, that’s not very beautiful of you, friend.”

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

IC [Strange Tunnels - Bear witness]:

The first thing that struck Providence as he poked his head out from behind the edge of the tunnel exit was the sheer number of beings in the cavern below. The congregation was gathered around something in the middle of the cavern, lit torches spread among the crowd casting dancing, stark shadows that obfuscated their true number. There were dozens of them - maybe even a hundred. It was hard to tell in this light.

But it was enough to make out some details of the beings gathered below. They were Skakdi alright, very similar to Zak-Yak in appearance, except some of their bodies were far more twisted than his, hunched over and there was just something off about their bearing.. They were ghastly pale, and whatever grew on the tunnel walls in this cave system was growing on them as well. Mosses and fungi clung to their backs and spines, attracted insects and other parasites in turn. But most unnervingly, many of them were partially or entirely without eyes. Not just blinded, but born without the sense entirely, brutally adapted to their savage underground existence.

These were the Mesi, writhing, screeching, shouting and chanting in their strange language that only their fellow Mesi, Zak-Yak could understand.

“Bring it forth!”

“Let us see!”

In the middle of a room, ringed by lit braziers, was a large, raised circular dais. Three steps led to the top, and at its center in turn was a dark pool or well, but if there was water or something else at its bottom was impossible to tell from this angle. Obscuring the view, on the edge of the pool, stood an altar, a simple rectangular slab of rock. Draining grooves carved into the top made sure the lifeblood of the body placed atop the altar would run into the pool. Judging by the spine and frills sticking out, it was - had been - a Skakdi-Xa.

In front of the altar stood another twisted figure, silhouetted by the firelight. This one appeared more bulky, and wore a ragged cloak and all sorts of ornamentation: rahi feathers, jawbones of multiple species and other bits better left unwritten - a gruesome collection of tokens. Zak-Yak recognized this Mesi for what he was - a shaman. And he was in the process of drenching a strip of cloth in the draining groves.

The shaman took the blindfold, now red and soaked, and raised it to his face and fastened it behind his head. The blood immediately began to run down his empty eye sockets and cheeks. Combined with the torch light the appearance was monstrous. He raised his arms and he spoke in the Mesi tongue: “Spiriah, you are our light, take these offerings and help us see!”

On cue, part of the gathered Mesi sprang into action. They reached behind another rock in the cavern, and dragged someone who was definitely not a Skakdi to their feet. Watching from above, Providence, Varian and the others could see a warrior, lithe in statue and clad in partially blue, form fitting, armor. He struggled against his captors as they dragged him towards the dais...

OOC: @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Fair warning," the Skak muttered, as he turned around. He'd walked ten paces away from the Toa while he'd put on his mask and gotten off the ground. A circle of Skaks had formed around them, brandishing weapons to jab at anyone who got too close to the edges of the ring.

"I always lead."

Barius was grinning as he charged headlong at his opponent. His weapon of choice, a big ol' spiked club, was dangling from the back of his ACR-- he wielded only the knife he had borrowed, which seemed small in his big, meaty hand. He seemingly intended to kill Reson with the blade, as well as carving his heart out.

But the real threat was his clenched right fist. The blade hovered in front of his midsection, guarding against the spear wielded by Reson, but the fist thundered forward, headed directly for the Toa's gut.

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

"Oh, wow," was all Providence could say. These Zakazians really could be brutal.

He was content to watch, but something told him his companions - two of the three, anyhow - would want to interfere, so he reckoned he'd be the first to suggest it. "We should probably stop them, right...?"

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"Are we there yet..." Skyra said with a groan from where she lay. 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

Vashni woke up not too long after the others, stretching a bit and making her way outside. She gave a wave to Jutori and the others as she joined them. 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

Now Varian, being an Exo-Toa, a machine, one would not expect something like the scene before him to bother him. But nothing could be farther from the truth, in fact his body made mechanical whirls as his body shook with a silent rage. He wasn't sure why, but something about the scene before him angered him deeply. 

Without much thought being put into, Varian aimed his electro-rocket and fired it at the shaman below. "You heathenish curs will die like the scum that you are!" 

Varian leap down, his massive body looming towards the Mesi as he prepared to extend his boxing glove at a moments notice. 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"I always lead." The skakdi grinned.

Okay. He's confident. Overconfident?

The skakdi charged. 

Justifiably confident. How do I use that against him? 

Reson didn't waver, despite the meteor of meat and muscle bearing down on him.

Break his concentration. Break his charge.

As Barius closed in, Reson stepped forward to meet him, thrusting the spear towards the skakdi's chest. As he moved, he channeled his powers through the weapon, slivers of rust flaking away like confetti as the sonic blast rippled through the spear and flew at the skakdi. 

• Like 3

Barius braced himself as he barrelled through the blast. He'd had plenty of time to mull over the Toa's elemental powers since he'd taken him hostage in Po-Koro, but he was still caught off guard by the intensity of the shock wave. It rippled through his chest, and he felt shaking his skin, his very organs, his entire torso vibrating painfully to the frequency of the weaponized sound wave.

But the power of it was not enough to stop the momentum he had gathered. He opened the fist that had been shooting forward to strike the Toa, and used it to instead seize the spear that was pointed at him, pushing it forcefully into Reson's chest.

The blunt end of the spear thudded into Reson, denting his chestplate and bruising the flesh beneath. The force of the blow battered him back, and he lost his grip on the spear. He hit the sand, sputtering for breath, and started to scramble backwards to distance himself from Barius. 

Barius scowled. Was that really all the Toa had in him? It was over so quickly... Too quickly for the Skak's tastes.

He tossed the spear behind him, and stowed the knife in his waist. Grinning to the crowd of warskaks around him, he put up his dukes, and waited for the Toa to get back up.

This wasn't to be a show of power; that ship had sailed when he'd knocked him down and disarmed him. No, now he'd indulge the warband's appetite for pointless cruelty.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

"So ya want to point on a show," Reson muttered, rising to his feet, "Fine." 

He plucked a canteen from his belt and took a swig, savouring the taste for a moment as he prepared himself for what was to come. 

There was no version of reality where he could take this skakdi down in a test of strength. But besting this beast was his only chance of walking away from this, even if the other skakdi probably weren't going to let him walk very far. 

He broke into a run, winding up as if he were about to swing a bunch at Barius' face, only to stop short and fire off a sonic blast at the skak's head instead. 

@Burnmad

Barius smiled. That was more like it.

He'd been anticipating ducking his head out of the way of the punch, so he was able to avoid the brunt of the blast. Did make his left ear ring quite a bit, though.

But now it was his turn. He stepped forward and swung his fist up to crack the Toa in the chin.

IC: Reson Ance - Mad Skaks Pun Fun

As Barius' blow barreled up to bury itself in his skull, Reson darted back, activating his mask-

-the Toa was too slow to retreat, Barius' fist separating Reson's head from the rest of him in a blow that was equal parts comical and visceral. Cheers erupted from the crowd of watching warskaks as the De-Toa's corpse toppled to the ground, his head rolling across the sand. Roaring in triumph, Barius was free to take his trophy-

The real Reson disconnected himself from the illusion and returned to reality. He started to circle past Barius, towards the spear dropped in the dirt. The illusory alternate future would continue to play out, presenting a reality where Barius got everything he wanted, but without Reson still managing its details from within, flaws would become evident, and it would be easier for Barius to break free.

But Reson didn't need the distraction to last too long, just long enough for him to finish this...

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

Surprised by Varian's sudden attack, Vent shrugged, putting down the Mahi in their hands and throwing their hoverboard forward and jumping on, from the vantage point. 

"You leave Blue Guy alone, you slowpokes!" The Tiokaha yelled down to the Mesi, the cave echoing the blast of air from the board as he shot forwards, toward the gathering scene.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Snelly

Barius stopped awkwardly, unable to keep himself from chuckling in surprise. The Toa's head had come, like, all the way off. That had never happened before-- at least, not from a single punch. He immediately suspected something was up, but if there was trickery in play, then the Toa had painted a very convincing picture of his own spewing blood and rolling head, because all the Skakdi gathered round were cheering as if they had seen the same thing as Barius.

He didn't have time to doubt the reality of the situation; he was no doctor, but he'd done a lot of killing, and in his experience, hearts stopped beating after just a few minutes of the body being... incapacitated. He needed to get the heartlight out of the body and present it to Parnassus, while it was still fresh.

He stepped forward and produced the knife from his hip. Stooping down on one knee, he prepared to plunge the blade into the corpse that lay before him. He took a second to gauge where he had ought to start cutting; he didn't want to cut the precious organ to ribbons.

The Toa's body - sans its head - lay in the sand before Barius, a crimson halo blossoming around its empty neck. Reson's armour was patchwork and battered, and looked to be easy enough to pull away to get to the Toa's fluttering, dimming heartlight.

Were Barius to glance away from his grim work, he might realise that Reson's illusion was perhaps a little too perfect, like a fantasy come to life. The skakdi were still cheering in support, with even parties like Corrivalis and Boss actively clapping and calling out in support. 

The crowd of skakdi watched on in understandable confusion as Barius knelt next to nothing in the sand. Reson continued on towards the spear and picked it up, before moving back towards the distracted skakdi...

@Burnmad

With his free hand, Barius ripped away the raggedy armor that lay between him and his prize. He raised the knife in the air, and plunged it down...

A flash of movement reflected in the flat of the blade. That same, haggard face.

The knife was buried in the sand where the mirage of the Toa had been. He let it stay there as he whirled to face the advancing Toa. He was just in time to catch the spear that was rapidly approaching him.

For whatever reason, Reson wasn't going for the heartlight; his opponent was instead aiming for the knee that was jutting out, as Barius was kneeling on the other. The Skakdi's massive hands clapped around the tip of the weapon, even as its point dug into his skin. Thanks to the Kraata he already had on his neck, and the large surface area of contact, the spear didn't cut him open. It did bite into his hands quite a bit though, eliciting a snarl as rivulets of blood began to seep from them.

"Nice trick," he sneered, twisting the spear to free it from the Toa's grasp once more.

Spear at the ready, Reson crept up behind the skakdi, the warning cries of the onlookers going unheard by Barius, still immersed in the illusion. Though it was unlikely they knew anything of Reson's mask or its capabilities, the skakdi were clearly piecing together that something was wrong, and that it was Reson's doing.

But it wasn't their place to interfere. 

Reson stopped behind Barius, and raised the spear. He leveled it at the warskak's neck, prepared to push it through the nest of spines and into the base of Barius' skull. He could stop this monster from hurting anyone else, and save his own skin in the process. It would be easy. It was a bad thing, a crime against the Toa Code, but he was doing it for the right reasons, wasn't he? The skakdi sure as karz weren't going to judge him for it, and there were no Toa or Matoran here to condemn him. It was necessary, and no one else had to... No. 

Barius was defenceless, just as Reson had been before he'd goaded him into agreeing to this duel.

He couldn't stoop to his level. 

The fact he'd even considered it filled him with guilt. 

25 minutes ago, Burnmad said:

He raised the knife in the air, and plunged it down...

Reson lowered the spear, angling it instead towards Barius' leg. 

He whirled to face the advancing Toa. He was just in time to catch the spear that was rapidly approaching him. The Skakdi's massive hands clapped around the tip of the weapon, even as its point dug into his skin.

Karz. Like a young Matoran with his hand caught in the cookie jar, Reson just stared at the skakdi, swallowed up by equal measures of surprise and shame. 

"Nice trick," he sneered, twisting the spear to free it from the Toa's grasp once more.

This time, Reson held on, turning his body with the spear, bringing up his leg to swing a wild kick at Barius' face. 

The Skak bowed his head, tucking his chin into his chest, and took the kick with a grunt, even as he shot to his feet. He shifted one of his hands up the shaft, leaving backwards to counterbalance and lifting the spear up in the air, Toa still attached. He then brought it down to the earth, attempting to slam Reson into the sand, and scramble on top of him.

As he was suddenly hoisted upwards like a flag, Reson pushed away and released his grip on the spear, raising both hands to direct an excruciating stream of screeching sound at Barius' face as he came down. 

@Burnmad

Barius grunted as the Toa released whining sound at his face. If he knew what a chalkboard was, he might think that the noises sounded like claws on one, only ten times louder. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes, and he wondered whether his invuln Kraata had made his eardrums as tough as the rest of him.

Aborting the plan of dropping the spear, he instead turned its blunt end down, and brought it, double-handed, down on Reson's gut. He had to make him stop making that hideous noise.

Edited by Burnmad

Armour buckled. Flesh bruised. 

Reson's sonic assault ended as quickly as it began. 

His hands moved to clutch at his stomach as he doubled over, wincing and wheezing. 

@Burnmad