Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

6 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku

"When you've finished deciding what I am," she said, looking at Stannis simply because she'd couldn't bear to look at Whisper. "You can keep it to yourself."

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I... understand that you may not wish to speak with me right now..." Whisper called out to the receding form of the Toa, "I cannot take back what has been done... but I am the only being in the vicinity with the capability and willingness to help you hone your new power."

For a moment she hesitated, sensing there would likely be backlash to her next words. 

She said them nonetheless. 

"There is another thing... under ordinary circumstances, the ritual can be performed on a being twice. Your old element is a power I could bestow. But given what happened when I attempted to cheat the process, I believe it would have to be done the correct way... with a sacrifice." 

@Eyru @EmperorWhenua @Onaku

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Triage moved to assist Iradra, while Nale stood up, fed up with the situation. Whisper bringing up the sacrifice had irked something in her. "I think enough has been said," she said assertively. "If Taja wants what happened undone I think we can find another way that isn't...your way," Nale continued, eyes on the Aspect. She looked to Stannis, fists clenched tightly, his words having brought back some kind of memory. "It's a fine tale, but I've known those who use religion to justify actions, to justify certain viewpoints. I don't condone it. Our god is scrap metal lying in a waste, I refuse to invoke his name for any purpose. I take issue with one's actions--and this one has committed an act that has caused damage to someone. That is what matters, and is reason to disagree. Not the element one wields."

The Fa-Toa looked around the bridge. "I think it's time we figured out what we're going to do here, besides talking in circles. We've learned things, we've had our story time. Now what?"

The medic, meanwhile, decided he should mention his idea. "Iradra, your light," he said, "your healing, do you think...?" 

Triage trailed off, gesturing to Taja and shrugging.

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Maybe," the medic replied, suddenly looking defeated. Something then sparked in his optics. "But...there'd have to be some kind of other option, right? And it may be worth a try...if Taja is willing. I can't do much from a medical perspective but your abilities are different."

@Onaku@Eyru

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | The Taku

"Now, we act," Stannis said, unbothered by Nale's statement. Not everyone saw the beauty in Mata Nui as the Wanderer did—that was never something he could control, and he was not the zealots he referred to in the tale. God was dead; His creation would have to move on without Him... for a time. Stannis' only point was the history of Shadow, that it was beguiling by nature, and by it's nature Whisper had done the deed it did to Taja. And whether the others chalked the consensus up to divinity, superstition, or cold hard reality, they aligned that Whisper had done a wicked thing, regardless what the shade said of its intentions. Stannis' role in the conclave was nearly completed.

Taja, however, had believed his story. He'd seen it in her eyes, the glint of mutual understanding, the sadness of emptiness and loss, tinged with a fresh perspective that perhaps instilled a glimmer of hope. Stannis would seek to aid her later, after all his other tasks were settled. The young toa would have much to learn about her powers and place in the world, and now the stars would not shine as radiant prophesies as she knew before, and despite what Whisper said, there were others who could help her learn more than history lessons.

"We are not a tribunal but the deed has been done and the shade admits the deception it played. The rules of survival are different on Zakaz and as a people we face threats the likes of which our people have never before seen. The question has now become, How do we resolve to treat this grave new reality we face?" he said, meaning the Aspects—and starting with Whisper. 

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"I have thirty-nine articles about Pridak and two-thousand and twenty articles that mention Pridak. What exactly do you wish to know?"

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, Onu-Metru

Oreius chose his words carefully, having already experienced Hiripaki's tendency to focus on words instead of implications.

"Of the articles about Pridak, do any describe a physical encounter between him and Toa Stannis?"

OOC: @Onaku @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Eyru

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou sat silently as Stannis told his legends. While not a religious man himself, whatever limited history survived from those times was important to him. When Taja got up to leave, Knichou pressed a button on the chair's armrest to unlock the door connecting the bridge to the cargo bay. He also used his powers over iron to will open the door inside the bridge that lead to the crew quarters. If Taja needed privacy and rest, perhaps the hammocks of the crew quarters would be better than the bustle of the cargo bay and questions from the others who are there.

Knichou was glad Nale spoke up - this conversation was getting repetitive, and the list of things Knichou needed to get done was constantly growing. Nale's equipment, the mask of creation, setting up a radio in Metru-Koro, dealing with Pridak's ultimatum, upgrading the Taku, and now this new matter of Ulkarr being called to do a similar ritual. There was only so much Knichou could do at once. For someone who started today with little to no goals, that had changed rather quickly.

Knichou turned to lock eyes with Stannis.

"As many reservations as we may have about Whisper's deceptive actions, the fact remains that this matter is Taja's burden. She's a crew member and if any other crew member, myself included, wants to take action in this quagmire, it will be at Taja's request and for Taja's wishes. She clearly needs more time to understand her new world, and if any of us try to force a speedy resolution to this, for her to accept or reject her new body sooner, we would just give her more stress and make her feel the weight of more judgement."

Knichou turned to Whisper, unsure what part of this being to look at.

"If Taja wants you to stay aboard, you may do so. If Taja wants you expelled, well, there are several ways that we could make that happen."

Knichou looked back to Stannis.

"Whatever Taja wants when she does make that decision, you're right Stannis, we have many new threats around us - these raiders to the east, and pridak's genocidal army to the west. The odds are impossible enough, we do not need a third foe, however unorganized the Aspects may be. If they can help our survival, then perhaps with their aid we'll have a better chance at finding peace for the Matoran. We're fighting to survive here, we have to consider all options, however unconventional they may be."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector paused, they personally didn’t care that they were stealing from these Skakdi, the natives were dead, they couldn’t use these tools or vehicles any more, and at least some of the Toa seemed alright with looting them. Not Jutori, he seemed to care, but the others appeared to not be as wary.

But, should they care more? Was it wrong not to care about some unknown corpses? They wanted to asked for clarification, but this was not the time. So instead they said, “I am struggling to find any clues to funeral practices on this Skakdi, I fear it would just be guess work. I will check the others, but I suspect we will need to dispose of them as Zadred’s people would. It would be better than nothing at least.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Bode - Po-Koro

As Bode laid in his field, he heard a roar of a motor. Was … were the Skakdi back? He bolted upright to see a Skakdi was indeed driving up, why … why weren’t the Matoran stopping him? He looked around, a few were watching him for a safe distance, but they weren’t attacking yet at least.

Bode looked at the Skakdi, he … he was unfamiliar with other breeds, but was this the Skakdi who had been spying on Arkius and Ulkarr? W-who walked over with Ulkarr, and spoke alone. And … and Bode could hear movement in his vehicle. Someone squirming.

He wadded through his field, fresh weeds sprouting with each step. Cautiously he approached the Skakdi, still locked inside the fence built around the field and goats. He swallowed, and asked the question he probably already knew the answer to, “S-Skakdi, w-why are you here?”

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Onaku

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ash Barrens, Ruins of Fire

They entered through the great hallway feeling a dry heat and smelling sulfur. Their footsteps didn’t echo, something dampened the sound further down. The hallway led downward in a straight line. After about a minute all four -- even the rahi -- shivered involuntarily as they felt a tingle run up their spines. At last they reached an open chamber. Enra, Rangi, and Xane stood in a grand circular room about fifty paces in diameter. Light came not from the hallway, but from the glittering starlight dancing on the dark ceiling. In the center was a round pool of magma about five paces in diameter, bubbling and sizzling with the corpse of a skakdi still melting half in and half out. Hieroglyphs of a kind none understood covered the walls. On the far side of the chamber stood a portion of wall carved as if a door without handles and with matoran letters expertly carved into its surface:

Obligatory Service

Unbreakable Spirit

Superior Force

Before the door was a small pedestal with a basin of bubbling lava. A cloud of heat lingered above it.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui, @Onaku

IC: Reliable Narrator | Western Tundra, Ruins of Ice

They entered through the great hallway feeling the cold chill coming off the icy walls. Their footsteps didn’t echo, something dampened the sound further down. The hallway led downward in a straight line. After about a minute all three shivered involuntarily as they felt a tingle run up their spines. Korruhn and Leklo remembered the feeling from when they stepped through the door in the Ko-Metru Hideaway. At last they reached an open chamber. Korruhn, Leklo, and Sidra stood in a grand circular room about fifty paces in diameter. Light came not from the hallway, but from the glittering starlight dancing on the dark ceiling. In the center rose a tree carved of the whitest ice, its branches spiraling outward towards the lights. A single mahi rested by the trunk of ice, frozen to death. Hieroglyphs of the same kind seen back at the suva temple adorned the walls. On the far side of the chamber stood a portion of the wall carved as if a door without handles and with matoran letters expertly carved into its surface:

Ordained Star

Fate’s Child

Inner Purpose

Before the door was a small pedestal with the softest snow glittering on it.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

IC: Shagrak Of The Sands | The Wastes, Sand Worm Fight

The great worm Shagrak worked beneath the surface of the deserts in the dark land for eighteen moons churning the sands and building the homes of the under-dwellers. His spice flowed, and the eyeless thanked him for their deliverance. It was barely a moon cycle ago Shagrak felt the rumbling above and dug himself into the bright land. He followed the rumbling, knowing the bright land dwellers meant to once more bring destruction. It pained Shagrak to see his work below go to waste above. And so Shagrak rose to consume the over-dwellers.

He knew the fierce bite of metal and the heat of flame: the pitiful excuses for each given to him in violent tribute were barely felt. He crushed one of the rushing over-dwellers and dove again into the sands, into the dark land. 

Then he rose again, rushing with all the force of his grand physique. He would protect the bright lands he toiled beneath to make pure. He would drive the over-dwellers away. The one with flames ran below him. The one with metal darted just out of reach. He descended upon the one with flame, intent to swallow him whole and remove his troubling reverberations from existence.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Conway, @Burnmad, et. al.

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Sand Worm Fight

Boss kept as watchful a gaze as possible, but otherwise let his warskaks handle the rahi. His interest was on what the rahi would leave behind if it fled. The sand chewed up by the giant worms had strange properties when inhaled or used in cooking. 

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum

“You gave them time?"

I don't think I meant to be so rude, but I think I came off pretty rude. I remember slamming my fist down on the side of my throne and rising to my full height in fury. It felt good to finally feel angry about something.

"Giving them time is the last thing we should do. They've had a week to lick their festering wounds and spit in our direction. We act, and we act now. I want to watch their stupid town burning by nightfall do you understand? And I want to see the mask I asked for in my hands before tomorrow morning. Now get out, and speak with Ehlek about what ... materials... he can provide. He should be in whatever is left of Le-Metru. Now go, I'm sick of this."
I gestured and two modified vahki opened the doorway to the hall with the elevator. This conversation was over.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added Boss, Pridak, and Shagrak.
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Ostrox bowed, and took his leave. At least Pridak was angry about what Zaliyah did, and not what he did. An important distinction to make. Perhaps, if Zaliyah hadn't wordlessly claimed dominion over this operation, things might have gone more smoothly with him in charge. Then again, Ostrox had thought this operation an exercise in futility in the first place, so, when you thought about it, this was all Pridak's fault for listening to Zaliyah in the first place.

So clearly, the rational, logical thing to do here was to assassinate Pridak and Ehlek and seize control of the League, which would allow him to devote their resources to finding the one responsible for all of this. This was technically treason, but the man he had sworn eternal loyalty to was dead and gone, and it wasn't as if he was selling out the entire universe to an evil deity. As always, the moral high ground just sort of appeared wherever he stepped, even though he no longer cared for that kind of thing. Being righteous was for the self-righteous, after all.

Anyway, plans of regicide and usurpation could wait until after their sworn enemies were destroyed. He would go to Le-Metru and inform Ehlek of their upcoming strike, as Pridak ordered. Was Zaliyah still with him?

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Yeah, I too, would put a pool of hot, boiling lava in my place of worship." Enra's attention turned away from the aforementioned pool with its half-melted corpse and towards the pedestal and the words on the wall. "Not so sure about this, though. What in Irnakk's name is this?"

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

• Like 2

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruined Fortress:

Weapons discovered. Detecting increased enthusiasm from Companion Collector. Handling unknown weapons without caution could result in misfire.

New sub-objective: Inform Collector of proper weapon handling practices in future.

Assisting with clearing rubble.

Searching for useful items...

The mechanical enforcer was silent as the group entered the fortress. It observed the discovery of the first body and assisted the group in clearing the path to further rooms. It had no use for weapons, and the debate on what to do with the corpses was irrelevant to it.

Debate on corpses is confusing,” it stated. “If a machine breaks down you replace it, try to repair it, or take what parts are still working and recycle them for something usefulSkakdi corpses have been dead for a week, with only their weapons and vehicles as functional parts remaining. Taking their equipment is most logical decision. As for bodies, they are irrelevant to our mission.”

With the pathway now clear the machine set out looking for other items of interest. Discovering what appeared to be a meeting room of sorts, the robotic protector started sifting through the remains of a stack of documents. The writing on most had been worn away or smudged into illegibility. Soon enough though, it managed to find a useful item in the form of a rough map of the region with a number of safe roads listed.

Scanning map data. Adding to existing records. Overlaying Metru Nui map with new region information. Adjusting for scale. Determining relative location of Po-metru disc puzzle. Calculating safest route.

Returning to the group, new map in hand, the former law enforcer found the group still talking about dead bodies.

This unit has found map of local region,” it announced, holding up the map. “Safest route to location that matches Po-metru disc location has been calculated. This unit can ride on back of larger new vehicle. Other three group members without vehicles can drive them.”

OOC: @Snelly@~Xemnas~@Harvali@Onaku@Tarn

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

Ysocla watched the display between Zai and Yumiwak with a bit of disdain, though she had to admire that Zai was willing to go after the unknown warrior alone. Even if it was being done out of a desire to improve her standing among Lady Yumiwak’s followers, it took some degree of confidence and responsibility to take on such a challenge without assistance. As a bonus, Zai getting first shot meant that Ysocla would have new intel on what the warrior was capable of. She’d be able to use that knowledge to take on the warrior herself if it came to that.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

2 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ash Barrens, Ruins of Fire

They entered through the great hallway feeling a dry heat and smelling sulfur. Their footsteps didn’t echo, something dampened the sound further down. The hallway led downward in a straight line. After about a minute all four -- even the rahi -- shivered involuntarily as they felt a tingle run up their spines. At last they reached an open chamber. Enra, Rangi, and Xane stood in a grand circular room about fifty paces in diameter. Light came not from the hallway, but from the glittering starlight dancing on the dark ceiling. In the center was a round pool of magma about five paces in diameter, bubbling and sizzling with the corpse of a skakdi still melting half in and half out. Hieroglyphs of a kind none understood covered the walls. On the far side of the chamber stood a portion of wall carved as if a door without handles and with matoran letters expertly carved into its surface:

Obligatory Service

Unbreakable Spirit

Superior Force

Before the door was a small pedestal with a basin of bubbling lava. A cloud of heat lingered above it.

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

"Yeah, I too, would put a pool of hot, boiling lava in my place of worship." Enra's attention turned away from the aforementioned pool with its half-melted corpse and towards the pedestal and the words on the wall. "Not so sure about this, though. What in Irnakk's name is this?"

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"There would've been even more lava at the other temple, so I think we lucked out here," he chuckled. "The words on the door-shaped part are written in the Matoran language. I don't recognise that other writing, though."

He leaned over and attempted to carefully grab the corpse of the half-melted skakdi, intending to pull them away from the lava. He wanted to inspect the body, to determine what kind of skakdi they had been, what world they were from, and if they'd had anything of use on their person. Unless this skakdi had been a total moron, it seemed unlikely they would have fallen into such an obvious pit of death by accident, which suggested they had been pushed, or the floor had opened up beneath them.

"Perhaps our friend here can tell us something more."

@Onaku @Toru Nui 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Western Tundra, Ruins of Ice

They entered through the great hallway feeling the cold chill coming off the icy walls. Their footsteps didn’t echo, something dampened the sound further down. The hallway led downward in a straight line. After about a minute all three shivered involuntarily as they felt a tingle run up their spines. Korruhn and Leklo remembered the feeling from when they stepped through the door in the Ko-Metru Hideaway. At last they reached an open chamber. Korruhn, Leklo, and Sidra stood in a grand circular room about fifty paces in diameter. Light came not from the hallway, but from the glittering starlight dancing on the dark ceiling. In the center rose a tree carved of the whitest ice, its branches spiraling outward towards the lights. A single mahi rested by the trunk of ice, frozen to death. Hieroglyphs of the same kind seen back at the suva temple adorned the walls. On the far side of the chamber stood a portion of the wall carved as if a door without handles and with matoran letters expertly carved into its surface:

Ordained Star

Fate’s Child

Inner Purpose

Before the door was a small pedestal with the softest snow glittering on it.

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Well, at least the clues are a little more obvious this time," she remarked, to no one in particular. "Ordained star... maybe one of the stars on the ceiling is actually a button or something?"

@Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua

IC: Shagrak Of The Sands | The Wastes, Sand Worm Fight

The one with metal darted just out of reach. He descended upon the one with flame, intent to swallow him whole and remove his troubling reverberations from existence.

IC: Corrivalis - The Wastes

As the worm bore down upon Barius, the Tahtorak's cannon fired again, this time aimed to intercept the worm's descending head.

@Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum

“Giving them time is the last thing we should do. They've had a week to lick their festering wounds and spit in our direction. We act, and we act now. I want to watch their stupid town burning by nightfall do you understand? And I want to see the mask I asked for in my hands before tomorrow morning. Now get out, and speak with Ehlek about what ... materials... he can provide. He should be in whatever is left of Le-Metru. Now go, I'm sick of this."

IC: Zaliyah - Coliseum

"Of course," she bowed her head, turned and left. Like Ostrox, she stewed in self-contemplative silence as she stepped into the elevator. 

Pridak was right. The Matoran didn't deserve time. They'd had centuries to make a decision, and even after being driven from their city, pushed to the brink of oblivion, trapped in the shadow of the destroyed deity, they still hadn't changed.

There was only one recourse left now. 

She numbly reached out to tap the button to begin the elevator's descent, only focusing outward for long enough to determine that Ostrox was with her. 

Maybe once battle was joined the Matoran would see the error of their ways? Perhaps some of them would repent and join the righteous side. Or- No. Stop it! There was no more room for mercy or hope or well-wishing. 

Turaga Sans had made his stance clear. There would be no middle ground, no resolution. Us or them. It was the League or the Matoran. If one species had to be sacrificed so dozens of other could live free from prejudice and persecution, so be it. 

@Toru Nui

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - A couple miles out from Metru-Koro (6, 9)

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo spent the rest of the trip in a hushed reverence. He dare not disturb his Great Being with anything other than vital information. The airship’s systems hummed, some whirring, as they traveled and Saybo eventually became accustomed to them. Any deviations in sound from here on out would indicate damage of some kind.

Once they were free of their old universe, Saybo’s heart fluttered as he monitored the outside cameras. We lived in a head? NO. A giant robot! But the body is gone. What could have happened? The momentary shock passed and Saybo reformatted his idea of their old world. Well, everything I know is gone then. At least I’m still here. Even better, I’m in the presence of the one and only Aurax. Life is gracious.

Only once they were over land again did Saybo allow himself to use the cameras to look down. Saybo silently praised Aurax that he had been so preoccupied that he hadn’t really thought about his fear of deep water. This airship seemed to only go so high, so originally he was worried about not being farther away from the water. Yeah if he was going to continue running around in the Eclipse, he needed to upgrade it to gain more altitude.

Like a black spot in the sky, the Eclipse slowly drifted into view of Metru-Koro. It hovered like a piece of the night sky that had found its way into day.

While they were still a few miles out, Saybo inclined his head in Aurax’s direction without making eye contact as that would be rude to do to a higher being, “My lord, we are on final approach. Is there anything you command me to do?

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Feel free to have us land wherever.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9)

With - Sala and Waveahk’s gang

Sorilax’s eyes eventually drifted from the stars, watching bats as they flew to and fro. Something scurried off in the distance. When not surrounded by Skakdi or the Fau Swamp, Sorilax remembered how peaceful and beautiful life could be. Sala called out his name. Sorilax looked down to him. The Matoran was pointing. Sorilax followed the finger and there it was, a village glowing in the distance.

Patting Sala’s head, Sorilax laughed, “Bwahaha! Very good show! That’s definitely not a village I recognize. It must be other refugees.

Sala asked if they should leave immediately and Sorilax pondered for half a minute, “No, let’s get you rested up and then we can go in the morning.” The Matoran agreed and the Aspect kept watch throughout the night. An owl kept him company for a short while before moving on. Sorilax pondered his situation. He wanted to start chronicling the inside of the ruins in the swamp, but now he just as equally wanted to insure the survival of the beings of Le-Metru Nuva. And beside it all sat his Grand Wish. He needed to complete it before some more devious Aspect of Makuta could.

The sun rose once more, bringing with it a flurry of activity as Rahi awoke for the day. Sala rose and ate a quick meal. Then they were on their way northwest. An indeterminate amount of time later (OOC: casually lining up with whatever time Waveahk and crew are currently at), Sorilax and Sala arrived at the village’s southern gate. Unbeknownst to them, the village was called Metru-Koro.

Sorilax marveled at a black airship as it approached the village before turning his attention to some type of vehicle parked outside the gates. It seemed more well made than anything the Skakdi had come up with. It was impressive.

The chroniclers walked over and up to the driver’s side window. The beings inside appeared to be… doing a dance of some type? Maybe. It had been a good couple thousand years since Sorilax had seen someone dance. They were all writhing around, moaning almost as if in pain. Odd.

He turned to Sala. The Matoran inside Second Skin shrugged. Sorilax turned back to the large blue driver (Waveahk), “Is everything all right in there, old chaps?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

Not sure where exactly the Waveahk crew is, but you guys are south of Metru-Koro and still in the hauler, correct?

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Sorilax post.
  • Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Korruhn, Ruin of Ice

Korruhn felt a chill crawl across him as he entered the chamber; it's gleaming brilliance and mind-numbing perfection could not be mistaken. Even the plethora of heiroglyphs encircling the false door at the back were chillingly similar to those he encountered what seemed an eternity ago in Ko-Metru, in his home. His journey as a Matoran had started in a room just like this, and his fate had even been entwined with shadow's in a chamber just like such. The resemblance couldn't just be mere coincidence, and Korruhn was glad to have Leklo's sharp mind with him to solve puzzles yet again.

Korruhn's mind pored over the script, visualizing each line in an attempt to understand what was actually being conveyed by each portion of the presumably ancient text. "I'd say that Inner Purpose refers to Destiny." Korruhn pondered a moment longer. "Last time, we had to use discs to activate the puzzle, it could possibly be the same here again."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester
Tags
  • Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

13 hours ago, BULiK said:

Knichou looked back to Stannis.

"Whatever Taja wants when she does make that decision, you're right Stannis, we have many new threats around us - these raiders to the east, and pridak's genocidal army to the west. The odds are impossible enough, we do not need a third foe, however unorganized the Aspects may be. If they can help our survival, then perhaps with their aid we'll have a better chance at finding peace for the Matoran. We're fighting to survive here, we have to consider all options, however unconventional they may be."

IC Stannis | The Taku

The Wanderer wanted to express just how mistaken Knichou was and that the Aspects could never be true allies of the Matoran any more than a pit of vipers made a good place to camp, that they were a truer enemy than the Warksaks or League, crueler than Kalmah and more unpredictable than a tarakava. Within their nature and foundational to their very existence was the art of subjugation by slowly overtaking a species, offering gifts in exchange for seemingly inconsequential token offerings that burgeoned the Aspect's own power. That is what caused the disappearance of the other races, and it's what slowly killed the Skakdi who called this land "home." The Aspects were not a race of giving trees, they were parasitic vines, and also were so innocuous that even bold-faced defiance of consent and reason were not enough to invoke a guilty verdict. 

But he could not change anyone's minds, not yet, and perhaps not until it was too late. It was alright, however—the Wanderer had other ideas to contend with the Aspect threat. And there was still one device none, not even an Aspect, could squirm away from. It was certain to Stannis by that point: The Mask of Light needed to be retrieved. 

"Perhaps we..." he began to say, then felt instead to change his sentence and continued it differently. "I can only hope the right choice is made, Captain Knichou. Destiny often works in mysterious ways, but while Fate offers multiple paths to that same future some are far crueler than others. Nuparu realized that." He offered Knichou only the kindness of his face and the gestured assurance that he meant well as he stepped towards the door back to the Taku's hold. The old toa stopped close to the jamb and robotically turned back to the gathered beings in the room one last time. Something in his eyes looked dim and troubling. "You should return to Metru Koro sooner than you think. I will await you all there." And then he was gone from them.

In the hold, he walked with purpose in a bee-line towards Kat, gesturing furtively with his fingers and muttering seeming nothings to himself on the way and looking ahead without seeing. "Thank you, Kathrine," he said graciously as he approached her and stooping to collect his spears from her care. He paused mid-thought a second, then asked, "Tell me—what are your feelings on war and peace?"

@The UltimoScorp

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Whisper - The Taku

With the Po-Toa's abrupt departure seemingly signalling the end of the discussion, Whisper turned to Knichou. She didn't entirely understand the power dynamics at play here. Knichou was clearly the operator of this vessel, yet he and all the others looked to Stannis for direction.

The fact that they had sought that direction, then rejected it, only confused her all the more. 

"So until Taja decides what she wants, what do you intend for me?" 

@BULiK

• Like 1

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro

Taking notice of the approaching matoran, Uraborask thought for a brief second to scare the matoran away, until he saw the odd patches of weeds that were growing with each step of theirs.

“S-Skakdi, w-why are you here?”

Staring down at this odd matoran, Uraborask wondered for a brief moment if he had seen them once before, responding, "I am waiting for the aspect Ulkarr to return," Uraborask leaned down over the matoran, half squatting, not just to get closer to the matoran's height but also to cut a more intimidating presence as well, "I have a little offering for him if you know what I mean." The last words hissed out in a whisper.

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eyru said:

Oreius chose his words carefully, having already experienced Hiripaki's tendency to focus on words instead of implications. "Of the articles about Pridak, do any describe a physical encounter between him and Toa Stannis?"

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"Toa Stannis and Pridak have not physically touched. :)"

"Good," Oreius said dryly. "I don't think I could stomach that holo.

"Have they spoken to each other, then?" He paused. "Not spoken of each other to a third party, and not spoken to the other rhetorically, without the other being able to hear or respond; but carried out some semblance of a conversation, either in person or through another means of communication."

The Toa of iron felt sad at his mentor's disappointment. The look on Stannis's face was a look Knichou remembered vividly. When Stannis left in Dume's office. Left Knichou to chase Nuparu's folly. The fact that Stannis brought up the engineer's name was a clear message to Knichou. You were tempted by power before, and failed to save anyone.

Before Knichou could think of something to say, Stannis was gone. Knichou supported his temples with his hand, sighing.

"Karz if I know, Whisper. Just... don't make the situation any worse... and be glad I have more important matters on my mind..."

Knichou was silent for a moment as he turned the co-pilot's chair around to face the controls. He started lowering the ship with one hand, using the other to press a few buttons to activate the ship's intercom. The ex-Ghost's voice echoed throughout the hull. Even through the distorted crackle of the speakers, he sounded exhausted.

"Alright everybody, sorry for the wait. Berys, you can come back up to the bridge now. We're going to drop off the injured here, along with anyone else who wants to stay in Po-Koro. Then we're going to Metru-Koro. Ulkarr, someone said they need you down in Po-Koro for something or another."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"They have not! ... My intelligence senses you desire further elucidation. Is this tru—"

Both Okuo and Oreius quickly responded in unison: "Yes!"

"Toa Stannis and Barraki Pridak have been two celestial objects around the same gravitic center. They have never interacted but have danced delicately throughout the millennia. In the beginning, Toa Stannis was not known as the Wanderer and mostly kept to the Toa Maru's locus of guardianship—you would remember as much, Toa Oreius, Formerly of the Maru. Pridak was a king already at that time and belonged in an echelon well above Toa Stannis' station. Over time, as Barraki Pridak's rebellion grew, Toa Stannis' influence and travels widened at a correlating but not associated rate. Toa Stannis, at the peak of his power, was still only a guerrilla field commander compared to Barraki Pridak's lordship of hosts, though he did earn the definitive ire of Pridak for his incessancy and considerable abilities to stymy the Barraki hosts' efforts on various war fronts.

"Was this information helpful? I can only learn from helpful feedback. Please remain on the line afterwards for a brief, but optional, survey! :afro:"

A beat.

"That was a joke. :jester:"

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"Yes, and on that note, brother Korruhn," Leklo's earnest voice filled the frigid space with his lilt as he gave his friend an icy stare, "whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances, reanimate that corpse." He did not particularly fear it, but he certainly could do without the horror of yet another ghoulish apparition inadvertently made by Kor's hand. Even more awful to consider was that perhaps he didn't even need a kanoka this time around—who was to say what abilities the ebony arm really bestowed Korruhn? Certainly not Leklo.

But his trepidations aside, he couldn't help but smile at the familiarity of the sanctuary. A place just like this is where their journey together all began. It was a happy memory (abomination aside), and it was about as close to a homecoming as he was like to get anytime soon… creepy a place as it was. Dauntlessly, he stepped forward to take point and his eyes darted from one curious thing to another in the chamber as he looked for irregularities, traps, and secrets, anything that would help or hinder them. He investigated the ice tree, the long-gone corpse, and the checked out the pedestal before finally taking a look at the carved door and pausing. His mouth knotted in consternation. 

No, actually, I think ‘fate’s child’ is Destiny,” he said. “‘Inner purpose’ might refer to Duty, if this riddle pertains to the Three Virtues at all. But ‘ordained star’…?” His voice trailed as he, like Sidra, lifted his gaze upwards to glean anything about the shimmering lights on the ceiling. If it related to the Virtues then by process of elimination that hint referred to Unity, but it didn't make any sense as a reference. As if to confirm that thought with himself, he said, "It makes no sense."

The last time they were in a room such as that they advanced by ascending. The identical nature of the space suggested that the same principles of problem solving would work—everything, from the tree, to the pedestal, to even the very shape of the cavern, seemed designed by the same mind as the Hideaway had been. Furthermore, much like that place, there was also a door that was not quite a door yet. There had to be more, and so Leklo chose to do what he did best before his elevation: Ascend. 

With renewed purpose he began to climb the ice tree, hoping to get a better look at the ceiling's dancing lights. 

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro Airspace, The Taku)

"So... quickly. I expected it to take longer." Of course, Knichou couldn't hear Ulkarr, so after a few seconds, he moved to disembark the ship.

Klawne was still there, relieved to hear that it wouldn't be long before this flying machine started moving... of course, she didn't know exactly how safe the Taku was, so she was feeling a strange emotional mix of excitement and fear.

@BULiK

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Elevator)

Ostrox and Zaliyah descended down the elevator to the receptionist's floor, and from there would continue their long journey to Ehlek's domicile in Le-Metru.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"No, I'm dying." Said the driver, not even bothering to look at who was asking, he was far too busy resting his head on the vehicle's dashboard.

"This is a plague truck." Someone from inside said. "We have infected by a disease of an unknown nature. Please, maintain distance to reduce risk of contagious contamination..." It seemed like he was going to say more, but his words quickly descended into feverish babbling.

@Kal the Guardian@Conway@Tarn@Snelly@Burnmad@TL01 NUVA

Enra watched with morbid curiosity as Xane tried to drag the half-melted corpse out of the lava pool to inspect it.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

27 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

With renewed purpose he began to climb the ice tree, hoping to get a better look at the ceiling's dancing lights. 

IC: Sidra - Ice Ruins

"I'm not sure that's the best idea," Sidra called out to Leklo, "I doubt anything natural froze that mahi mid-climb. This place could have defences, or something." 

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

"Hiripaki, do you possess analytical capabilities pertaining to strategic or personal analysis utilising a wide array of data to extrapolate from?"

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

IC: Rangi - Ruins of Fire

"Am I glad he's down there and we're up here, and that he's a dead guy and we're sweltering up here. And that we're down there and- I JUST REMEMBERED! We're up here... What I wanna know is where's the cave skaks?" Were either of the Skakdi to look at Rangi, they would see him and his hound steed each carrying a lit spiff in their mouths, their expressions relaxed and their eyes blood shot, a thin smoke trailing out of their maws.

@Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

"I could ride one of the bikes, if that's okay with you guys? I, uh, know my way around those pretty well."

@Snelly @~Xemnas~ @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Harvali

• Like 2

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector … did not disagree with Kilo, but they wondered if they should. So they said something practical they could believe. “Still, if the corpses remain exposed they could attract Rahi, which might pose a danger to Metru-Koro and Po-Koro. Might be best to dispose of them, and if it is necessary, it might not be too taxing to dispose of them in a way the Skakdi would approve of. If only because in this savage island, they likely don’t have time to perform elaborate rituals.”

Then to Zadred they nodded, “I have no objections. But how do you suggest we dispose of the bodies?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode swallowed, “I … I understand. T-too well. Just, please don’t use a Matoran. No matter how you … you justify it, it would be wrong.” The slipper weeds at his ankles seemed to coil around him, dragging him deep into the earth. 

Then telepathically he spoke to Ulkarr. “Toa Ulkarr, the Skakdi from before is here, with an offering. For you. He … he’s not dangerous to us, right? The villagers are not attacking him, n-not that there would be much they could do.” Not without … cheating.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Onaku

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

It wasn't long before the Taku reached near ground level. Knichou pulled a lever to open the cargo bay doors, and then handed the controls off to Berys. The rest of the crew was busy carefully unloading all the injured onto the ground. Knichou sat down in the captain's chair and flipped on the radio to transmit over the frequency of the radio tower he had installed earlier.

"Po-Koro, this is the Taku, please respond, over."

IC Po-Koro

There was a buzz of static, before a voice answered, “Hello Taku, this is Po-Koro. What is happening? We understand some sort of Rahi hurt a Toa?” This was not exactly a lie, the town was aware of Taja being injured. But a portion of the town suspected a bit more. After all, the town’s Ce-Matoran guard had seen both Legion and Whisper, and based off her descriptions of the latter, and witnesses to Taja’s incident, some of Po-Koro were able to guess what had gone wrong.

OOC: @BULiK

"Everything's fine, we're fine. I need to speak to Toa Arkius. Can you get him on? Over."

Edited by BULiK

IC Po-Koro

Um, I think he might be in a hole? I … haven’t seen him in a bit, I’ll send someone to search for him?” They turned to an Onu-Matoran adjusting some of the controls and asked, “Hey Onunui, would you mind looking for Toa Arkius?

Because I’m an Onu-Matoran, right?” She glanced at them. The Po-Matoran’s brown mask turned as red as clay, and they looked away.

She sighed, and pulled away from the makeshift console, “let me check.” She wandered off, heading towards the hole. With a grip of her arms she swung down from handhold to handhold, until she reached the bottom of the hole. “Hey, Toa Arkius, you still here?

OOC: @Onaku @BULiK

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro, Telepathic Link)

Bode would receive a response almost immediately. I suspected as much, but there's no cause for alarm. Part of the agreement is that he will not harm these settlements or their people, for those who do will ANSWER TO ME.

A few moments later, Ulkarr had made his way off the Taku and with slow, deliberate movements, made his way to where Uraborask was. "I take it you have brought what is required?"

@Sparticus147@Harvali

"Oh, charming. Can't you destroy your brain cells on your own time?"

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Skakdi Camp Outskirts)

Gnabol eventually emerged from the tent, carrying the one of the six infants he deemed the most emotionally vulnerable. "What? What is... a giant crab carcass. Well then."

@Smudge8

Knichou waited patiently on the bridge, leaning back in his chair and sighing. It had been quite the day, and things weren't going to get any easier any time soon. Meanwhile, the crew finished using the crane to offload the stretchers with injured matoran from the earlier battle.

Edited by BULiK

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi was mending a broken hut when the Taku touched down. Quickly he grappled across the village to the landing site, only to see injured Matoran being unloaded. He stared in confusion, before wincing at the simple truth. Of course, with Metru-Koro likely about to be attacked, the wounded from the raid could not be evacuated to the city. Po-Koro somehow was the safer refuge

Kanohi quickly approached, helping the crew carry Matoran out of the ship before laying them down a safe distance away. Slowly but surely the Matoran were emptied, whisked away to be sheltered in … a large crystalline structure in the center of the village. Strange, Kanohi had not noticed it before.

He stared, was this the newly grown knowledge tower? The one whose components they went on a small adventure to recover, along with a wounded Matoran. The building seemed … denser, sturdier, but also cleaner. It made sense for the injured to head there, unlike the rest of Po-Koro it was not caked in dust. Instead it was so shiny Kanohi could see the village reflected in it, from the field to … the Taku

As he looked at the reflection of the great ship Kanohi hesitated he … he wanted to make sure Knichou was okay, to speak with him, to ask what he knew of what happened in Dume’s office, plan how to help the two villages. But he … his legs were figuratively rooted to the ground, and his heartlight pounded.

Kanohi … last he had seen Knichou, Kanohi had abandoned the Nynrah Ghost’s plan to try to rescue Matoran. And he … he had saved Matoran. But of the Matoran he had endeavored to save, so few survived the Impact. Yes, he saved many survivors, but how many did he only prolong their deaths. How much of a difference had he actually made, when he abandoned the good Matoran?

The Fe-Matoran flicked open his Kiril Staff and planted it’s butt on the ground, trying to steady his swaying feet. He … he wasn’t sure he could face the Ghost. He … not after he failed so many. Not after he failed Po-Koro.

11 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"No, I'm dying." Said the driver, not even bothering to look at who was asking, he was far too busy resting his head on the vehicle's dashboard.

"This is a plague truck." Someone from inside said. "We have infected by a disease of an unknown nature. Please, maintain distance to reduce risk of contagious contamination..." It seemed like he was going to say more, but his words quickly descended into feverish babbling.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9)

With - Sala and the Hauler Crew

Sorilax frowned at the large blue being. So they weren’t dancing?

Then a green sounding voice called out, warning of disease and plague. Sorilax chuckled at this, “Sounds like you have acquainted yourselves with the Fau Swamp.” The Aspect rubbed at his chin with a Shadow hand. An unknown disease? Well, as long as it wasn’t caused by deep swamp mutation. “Hum… my Rhotuka power is healing. Would you care to see if I can’t heal whatever has afflicted you? As long as it’s not a mutation, everything should be top notch!

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Conway @Tarn @Snelly @Burnmad @TL01 NUVA 

Goodness, just how many people are in that Hauler? That's a lot of tags. I can't imagine what it was like in Dume's office.

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro)

6 hours ago, Harvali said:

Bode swallowed, “I … I understand. T-too well. Just, please don’t use a Matoran. No matter how you … you justify it, it would be wrong.” The slipper weeds at his ankles seemed to coil around him, dragging him deep into the earth. 

Standing straight back up, Uraborask let out a harsh chuckle at the matoran's words, "Do not you worry your little head, Ulkarr made it very clear that you matoran and your toa are off my list, as if I would bother with the limping mahi that is you matoran though. But, you talk about justification, when I highly doubt that you got that heartlight from a skakdi..." With that last phrase, Uraborask stared towards the Taku at as it descended and landed within Po-Koro, not to far from him and the matoran.

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

A few moments later, Ulkarr had made his way off the Taku and with slow, deliberate movements, made his way to where Uraborask was. "I take it you have brought what is required?"

"Yes, I have brought what is needed, but from the looks of it, you have already got yourself a following without my help." taking a brief moment to gesture down towards the matoran next to him.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Harvali

• Like 1

IC  Kathrine of the Flame - Taku:

"Oh hey! All done with your big meeting, huh?"

She stood and stretched.

"War and peace...? Well... To tell you the truth, I don't really know all that much about war. I mean I've fought and stuff, but never in a war."

She paused a moment, a hand on her chin in thought.

"I guess I don't think fighting is a bad thing, mostly. Conflict drives competition, makes people try to be better than yesterday, y'know?"

IC: Zaliyah - Metru Nui

As she made her way into Le-Metru, Zaliyah found she was somewhat looking forward to meeting Ehlek again. He was eccentric, to be sure, but he was also intelligent. He'd been one of the few Barraki to successfully seize a Metru, and with minimal casualties to the populace or his own forces. 

Most importantly, his reliance on logic and reason would hopefully make him less emotional than Pridak... although, after what the Toa had done to him, perhaps that wouldn't be the case. 

Regardless, Ehlek had managed to cobble together a strong defence for Le-Metru in a matter of hours during the battle. Zaliyah was eager to see what kind of offence he'd engineered now that he'd had over a week to himself.