Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

On 5/10/2020 at 6:34 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"'Le-Metru Nuva'? Interesting... another refugee camp, most likely. Perhaps the projected casualties were a little too cynical..." Something clicked in Tekmo's head, his eyes lit up and his focus became solely fixed upon Sorilax. "May I ask how you know so much about these 'Kraata'?"

Waveahk suspected the same as Tekmo, but decided not to say anything... for now. He began to take the hauler into the village proper. If Morangad wasn't getting off here, well, that was his decision. And speaking of Morangad, nobody else had bothered to rid him of his ignorance regarding aerial travel, so clearly the responsibility lay upon him, as per usual. "An airship. It's like a ship, except it's in the air. Hence the name."

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9), outside of Cargo Hauler

With - Sala, Waveahk, Tekmo, Skorm, Keitara, Irna, Skyra, Rose, Morangad

Well,” Sorilax responded to Tekmo, “You see I have spent many…” Sorilax trailed off as Morangad left the cargo hauler and it pulled away, leaving Sorilax, Morangad, and Second Skin standing there. The Aspect, which had never gotten on the cargo hauler, briefly feared for his scrolls and the knowledge contained within. Knowledge which he hadn’t carved into stone in his temple home yet. I have trusted Sala with my scrolls before. They are in good hands despite my fears. These beings definitely don’t seem like Aspects or the native Skakdi at all, so he should be safe as well.

20 hours ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

"Woah there," Morangad spoke up, as the cargo hauler jerked forward towards the settlement. "I have to get off here."

Karz, the nerve of this group. They'd invaded his swamp, done god-knew-what to it, possibly killed one of its most impressive specimens, made him horribly ill and so forced him to ride in a vehicle-- and now they would not even take him back to the swamp, and were rudely taking the conversation he had been trying to participate in, to a place he couldn't go.

"Toa... Keitara, is it?" He offered a parting glance at the woman who had caused the damage. She, at least, seemed like she wanted to take responsibility for what she had done. "If you want to speak with me about possibly healing the swamp, I will probably be in this area for the next day or so, while I figure out what to do."

He climbed out of the hauler, saying one final thing. "By the way..." He glanced at Sorilax. "I'm a Tiokaha, not a Toa."

Sorilax turned to Morangad, “A Tiokaha, oh… Hum.... What’s a Tiokaha? Are you some variant to Toa?

8 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Cargo Hauler)

"...Blasted hitchhikers." Waveahk began driving into the village once Morangad had departed.

Tekmo continued to speak with Sorilax. "You should come with us to meet the Turaga. I'm sure he'll be very interested to learn more about Le-Metru Nuva and the Kraata."

"Yes. He most certainly will."

Tekmo, momentarily focusing on Morangad as the purple Tiokaha climbed out of the cargo hauler, missed that Sorilax had been left behind as well. As such, the Aspect missed all that had been said to him.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Tarn @Snelly @Burnmad

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Cargo Hauler)

After some confusing shenanigans that seemed to defy the laws of time and space, the cargo hauler, and its passengers - Irna, Keitara, Rose, Sala, Skorm, Skyra, Sorilax, Tekmo and Waveahk - arrived at the hut of Turaga Sans.

"Now, while our mission may have technically been an ABJECT FAILURE, no blame will be assigned. By me. The Turaga I cannot speak for." Waveahk exited the vehicle, fully expecting the others to follow him, and knocked on the Turaga's front door.

@Conway@TL01 NUVA@Tarn@Sparticus147@Keeper of Kraata@Snelly@Kal the Guardian@Azibo

Location - Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9), outside the gates

With - Morangad

Dust settled as the cargo hauler made its way into the ramshackle village. The gates slowly swung closed, one of the guards eyeing up the Aspect, his ACR, and the Tiokaha. Sorilax rolled up his scroll and awaited the swamp dweller’s response.

The brown and tan Aspect felt odd at having to hold one of his scrolls instead of being able to place it back into its home in his backpack, but that would surely be remedied in due time.

OOC: @Burnmad

Bunnying politely declined. Sorilax currently stands outside of Metru-Koro with his swamp friend. He is not part of the Cargo Hauler group currently.

4 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi swallowed. He … was not expecting Stannis not to know the answers. But well, he now knew Toa could be flawed, it was much easier to accept that Stannis merely had gaps in his knowledge. Still it was unsettling. He folded up his staff. “I … I should patrol the Koro, try to mend more buildings, maybe offer to teach some of the Matoran what Vakama taught me about disks and masks.

He hesitated, and asked, “Um, I know what happened to you, Toa Nale, and Toa Arkius. But … have you learned what happened to Knichou? I think I overheard he was still involved with the Taku. Is he … alright? Did his plan work?

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"No... at least, not in the way he had hoped. Knichou is a toa now, one of the ones Dume blessed with power in his last throes. He still captains the Taku. I'm sure he would have been glad to see you, my friend... though it seems that will have to happen another day. Many things will have to simply happen when they do—Knichou, like the rest of us, will simply have to get up and keep trying.

"Now come—Let's go see what brother Arkius has been doing. I will have to go back to Metru Koro soon to do what you have been doing here; if war is to be had there I must be present to do my parts."

9 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

"Maybe... Perhaps we should ask him what he wants first?"

9 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

"I know you're in there, you know. You know I'm out here, I know. No? Know."

IC Hiripaki | Archives

Achro heard the tinny, cheery voice of a female come from the speaker beside the terminal. "Hello! I am D-4QP! Matoran-technomancer relations! I see you are out here. What can I do for you? :phone:"

• Like 1

"Well, I'd like you to open this door, but I have the feeling you won't, since it's not opened."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

OK, so Sorilax wasn't with them. The mysterious entity with knowledge they so desperately required showed up, boarded the hauler in order to heal them, healed them, and then didn't board the hauler in the first place, leaving behind his little compatriot/friend/minion alone with a bunch of complete strangers. It was OK. Everything was OK. The hauler had still shown up outside Sans's house, Waveahk had still knocked on the Turaga's door.

@Sparticus147@Azibo@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata@Conway@Tarn@Snelly

• Like 1

IC: Sala (In the Cargo Hauler in Metru-Koro)

Amidst the emotional turmoil of the toa of light, and the bombardment of question that came to Sorilax's way, Sala was too distracted to notice when the cargo hauler started to move. Sala only regained his grasp on reality when he was already half way to Turaga Sans hut, and not neccesarily knowing what to do, quietly waited till the hauler eventually stopped.

Getting out of the back of the hauler, Sala looked around himself, surprised at the size of the settlement with only a week's time passing. Turning towards the rest of the occupants, "Well, looks like this is my stop, I got to get back to Sorilax with his scrolls. But I'm sure we, mainly him, would like to ask a few more questions if you don't mine, so where can we find you later?" The last part being primarily directed to the toa of light.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Tarn @Snelly

• Like 1

"I came down here to solve a little animal problem. You see, they're all still alive. Is that supposed to happen after a fall from the sky? I was ordered to come down here and make them unalive, and my patented Red Smoke - kills ninety-nine-point-nine percent of EVERYTHING - can't permeate through solid objects. The laws of physics are unjust and oppressive... so, door not opening then?"

@EmperorWhenua

IC Hiripaki | Archives

The voice remained quiet for a moment as though considering the ramifications of the outsider's statement and concluded he was, indeed, not Made of Friend. However, since he had not threatened the integrity of the Vault or attacked it, its protecc functions were not engaged yet. The conversation would continue.

"Don't worry, I am an Intelligence and I am not alive so you can move along now. The door is not opening at this time, :spinsmile:" the voice politely but flatly said, not sounding at all perturbed by the mass-murderer's stated motives. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Druu Arkkan

Le-Metru outskirts - Three days ago

A droplet of rainwater trickled down the brow of the dark grey huna of a lone toa of sonics. His light yellow eyes carefully studied the mechanism of a two-way communicator he held in his hand, carefully changing the configuration of its dials until suddenly a low crackle came in. “Jorak. Toa Jorak, do you copy?” A sigh of relief escaped the toa’s lips.

“Copy. The sparrow glides low across the river. Over.”

“The winter fox sleeps under the willow. What do you have for me today, Jorak?”

The toa sighed wearily. “Nothing we didn’t already suspect. Ehlek seems to have gotten control over the Vahki. Pridak’s set up shop in Dume’s office in the Coliseum. There was a detachment of skakdi that came by. Had these weird frills, and they were piloting strange machines. Don’t know exactly what happened to them but as far as I can tell only one of them went out again. I-”

A distantly echoing clanging startled the toa, and he looked around frantically to see if there was someone there. He listened intently. Nothing. Nothing. It was… just a pipe, wasn’t it? The ruined building slowly crumbling apart. Frankly he was surprised it was still standing considering the state of the city. Every second spent in here was dangerous, he knew that, but he needed to stay out of sight. He couldn’t afford to be caught.

“Jorak! Do you read me?”

The toa was startled again, fumbling with the device in his hand. “C-copy! Still here! Sorry, I… thought I heard something. Where was I?”

Before Jorak could carry that thought any further, a heavy thud on the head knocked him out, the device slipping out of his hand and into the waiting grasp of a larger clawed hand.

“You were talking about the skakdi that came by. Only one of them got out. What else do y- what was that noise?!”

“Sorry, sorry, it’s nothing. Just this building, it’s slowly falling apart.” Came the unmistakable voice of Toa Jorak. A toothy grin spread across the maroon features leaning into the device. “I don’t think staying in here any longer is a good idea. Nothing more to report. Over and out.”

The amber eyes of Druu Arkkan leered down at the unconscious Toa lying next to him, switching off the device and handing it to a vortixx standing nearby wearing a Mask of Silence. “Make sure you don’t lose track of that. We may have use for it yet.”

The skakdi’s malicious grin did not abate. Here he had a dirty little spy right in his clutches. “What am I going to do with you?” His grin turned into a toothy smile as he picked up the Toa and slung him over his shoulder, making his way out of the slowly crumbling building, the lake in clear view just outside its shattered windows. 

Coliseum - Today

The imposing maroon and orange form of Druu Arkkan, internal enforcer of the League, came marching out of the elevator leading to the reception to Pridak’s office. He’d known for the past few days that Pridak was in dire need of a receptionist to control the flow of people into his office, so seeing him finally have one was in a way satisfying to the Ta-Skak. 

With his characteristic professional grin, Druu approached the desk. “Hey there. I have an appointment with Lord Pridak. Is he ready to see me?”

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Onaku

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Nale took hold of the shield's handle, and her arm drooped from the unexpected weight of it, before she quickly adjusted and raised it. "It's a bit...big," the Fa-Toa said, her Kakama peeking over the shield. "I think it'd be better to have something a bit smaller. Easier to carry around."

She looked over it a couple times. "Maybe even break it down into two--fit them to my gauntlets somehow to keep my hands free."

"You're not a monster," Triage replied, then looking to Iradra, said, "Look, it's up to her. I think this could work, but it's a 50/50 thing, right? Some times you just have to try things and...hope it works."

@BULiK@Eyru@Onaku

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler to outside Sans' Hut

"Yeah, I remember all my kills, so if you don't remember it, it probably didn't happen! Or something," Rose added, flashing a reassuring smile despite the nature of the conversation. The group then arrived at the Turaga's hut to announce the things had gone pear-shaped, hence their early return, Rose stepping out of the vehicle and stretching before retrieving her suitcase and replacing it on her back. The Toa of Fire stood by Waveahk as he knocked on the door, her arms crossed. "The Turaga should understand," she said. "Giant crab showed up. Light show. Everyone got sick, mission was FUBAR. Simple. We had to abandon it for our own health."

"Besides," she continued, "I don't think anyone's going back to that part of the swamps any time soon..."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Morangad - Outside Metru-Koro

"Not particularly," the Tiokaha answered. His head hurt; he'd thought the Aspect had been on the cargo hauler, and wasn't expecting him to be left in its dust with him.

He coughed from the aforementioned dust.

"Tiokaha were never particularly common, but since the blasted Skakdi that your kind aided--" he stopped. In all likelihood, every Aspect that had been alive when his people were killed, had long since perished. Deep breaths, Morangad.

"My apologies, this has been one of the most stressful days I've had in centuries. What I was about to say is that I could, for all I know, be the last of my kind."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

24 minutes ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Morangad - Outside Metru-Koro

"Not particularly," the Tiokaha answered. His head hurt; he'd thought the Aspect had been on the cargo hauler, and wasn't expecting him to be left in its dust with him.

He coughed from the aforementioned dust.

"Tiokaha were never particularly common, but since the blasted Skakdi that your kind aided--" he stopped. In all likelihood, every Aspect that had been alive when his people were killed, had long since perished. Deep breaths, Morangad.

"My apologies, this has been one of the most stressful days I've had in centuries. What I was about to say is that I could, for all I know, be the last of my kind."

Location - South Gate of Metru-Koro (6, 9), outside the gates

With - Morangad

So, not a type of Toa. Intriguing. Many various possibilities of innate species details may differ, then. Morangad rightly accused the Aspects of aiding in the Skakdi takeover of the island. True in a sense. Skakdi were certainly more willing to be Desecrated and so associated with Aspects and gained power easily. 

Back when the island was taken over. Thoughts of the far northern deserts filled his head. Sorilax had spent countless days studying the ecology of the island. During which he had missed most of the Skakdi takeover. One day he was traveling back to his temple and things were just changed.

Maybe if he had cared more about following his inner Light back then things might have been different. But that was the past. Right now he had to remain on course. Help Le-Metru Nuva, keep Sala safe, repair his body, get back to studying the swamp temple ruins to keep information from the other Aspects.

Morangad mentioned being the last of his kind and Sorilax was disappointed. Less beings for him to “befriend”. And he had done it again! No, it was a tragedy what happened to this Tiokaha. I will rid myself of these unbidden thoughts one day. I am sorry to hear that, my friend. I-” should he mention it? “I hate to admit it, but I was one who stood idly by while the Skakdi took over. Willingly ignorant to what was happening at the time. I should have been there to help your kind. But I was not, I apologize.

OOC: @Burnmad

IC [Strange Tunnels - Crossed Paths]:

To his surprise, Mahryo found their escape path rather uncontested for being surrounded on all sides. Glancing around while moving, it became obvious why: the Mesi were preoccupied. He couldn’t tell by what at first, but if they seemed distracted and..worried? What could worry a Mesi? 

The answer came in a sudden quake that caused all of them to stumble momentarily. One of the eyeless warriors cried out: “Shagrak spawn!”

Apparently that phrase was the same in Matoran and Mesi language. None of them had heard the name - but Triki knew what it meant: The worm was coming.

As if on cue, another quake hit and this time, the small opening the Matoran had come through into the cave erupted in an explosion of digging and grinding tooth-gears as the massive creature forced its way into the cavern in pursuit of the one that had dared anger it twice now.

Many of the Mesi ran. A few stayed in place - either frozen in awe or fear. Some weren’t fast enough. The worm didn’t care. They all disappeared down its maw just the same as it hunted for Triki.

Its fury was so great, that Providence could still feel the rumbling as they got closer to the surface. 

OOC: @Toru Nui @xccj @Jakura Nuva @Edelgard @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Keitara (Sans' Hut)

Kei hung her head, but this time kept her composure. The presence of her friends (and fr some, maybe more than friends) bolstered her confidence enough that she brought her eyes up to meet those of he turaga.

"Wise one, it was my fault. I misjudged the situation, a-and I tried to protect the team. But... but I overextended my power and..." she hesitated. She felt that perhaps knowledge of her unfortunate ability, if ability it even was, was best kept silent for now. But he was their turaga.

She decided to leave final judgement in the hands of her companions. "put the team in danger. In addition, my toa tool was badly damaged. If you know where I can find a sufficiently skilled Fe-matoran I think I could help them make repairs. It looks like my lance was running on Ko-crystallic circuit architecture with a battery of thermalstone capacitor cells, though in its current state it's hard to..."

Keitara blinked. Where had that all come from? But another part of her mind, the same that had noticed the...glossiness of some of her memories was buzzing like a hive of fireflyers in the base of her skull.

Kei sagged against Irna slightly. She was exhausted in both mind and body. Perhaps it was best to just let the day end. "Excuse my interruption, Wise One. I merely wished to take responsibility for the error."

(OOC: @Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Sparticus147)

• Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Sans, Sans' Hut

The past few days had been quite tiring.  Sans had seen to improving what defenses he could, and getting things ready for an inevitable attack.  The stone walls surrounding the village had as much scrap metal smelted to them as possible, the Matoran guards and whatever volunteers had mustered engaged in some combat preparedness training, and finally, he met with the Captain of the Guard again, to see what they may further work out.  Supposedly, an old artillery cannon had even been repaired enough to be usable.  Or was it a tank?  Sans couldn't recall the details.

No sooner had the meeting began, though, that once again, Sans was interrupted by some familiar faces, though they looked worse for the wear.  The entered his hut, and he heard how their southern quest had fared.  Sans walked forward and affectionately held the hand of the wounded Av-Toa.  "Don't worry yourself, you all survived, that's what matters.  Did you all uncover any secrets about these mysterious, shadowy beings?  To be brief, we expect the League to attack any day now.  It's good y'all made it back; we'll need all the help we can muster, huhuhuhu."

• Like 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut)

For a moment, Skorm stared off into nothingness. He registered Turaga Sans's words, but his mind was elsewhere; it was only a moment, however. The toa of twilight stepped up pensively. "The being that healed us, Sorilax, may be able to shed more light on the topic. But, uh..." Skorm trailed off, his throat dry.

"... What do you mean you're expecting a League attack?"

Fighting through his weariness, Skorm focused on the Ga-Turaga, daring not to glace at Irna.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Azibo @Conway @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Skyra Daring - San's Hut -

Skyra really started paying attention at the mention of the League attacking. "They're going to attack huh? In that case, perhaps I should fly ahead and give them a little surprise before they even reach us? Eh, eh?" If there was one thing Skyra knew she was good at, it was causing havoc and messing up people's plans. Ask Carapar. 

"All I'm saying is, #### waiting for them to attack! I'll go take Pridak's head myself!" Skyra wasn't going to let the League destroy their new home, they'd just built it! 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @Sparticus147

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"You're welcome to try, I suppose."  Sans let go of the Av-Toa's hand then looked at the familiar Le-Toa.  "Some League members came here to discuss some terms for a cease fire, but what peace can be made with monsters?  As they left, they announced that they would return to destroy us in two days.  I plan to have six Toa seal the Matoran who won't be fighting inside the new Archives, so as to wait out the battle.  We need to get word to any Toa and fighters on our side who might be around the countryside somewhere, though it may be too late for that.  I need every pair of hands I can get to help defend what may be the hardest fight of our lives, though, I can see how taking out Pridak prematurely would work in our favor..." Sans scratched his chin.  "How would you take out the Barraki?"

@Snelly

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Keitara (partner protection mode activated)

Kei stiffened. She turned to Skorm, trying to gague his reaction. What she saw unnerved her slightly. Skorm seemed shaken by this development, and she was eager to know why.

She squeezed Irna's hand gently. While the proteolytic defensive oils produced by zyglak were indeed present it was more of a mild itch than the flesh-melting horror many painted it as. And even that itch was only present where the woman's head had rested against her the entire ride home. The reward was by far worth the cost, but at that moment she saw her other love struggling.

Kei walked over to Skorm and set her hand on his shoulder. "An attack? When was this discovered? Turaga, what exactly happened while we were gone?"

(OOC@Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Sparticus147)

• Like 2

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut)

A surge of vertigo rocked Skorm's senses. He wasn't sure if it was the aftereffects of the radiation and his healing, or the news. A shivering cold crawled up his spine like a fikou; he felt himself let out a tense, shuddering breath when he felt Keitara's hand on his shoulder.

Monsters.

"They came... offering peace... and you turned them down?"

OOC: @Azibo @Conway @Snelly @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Rose - Sans' Hut

Rose was definitely emphatic about the idea of heading straight to the skull and doing Pridak in personally--her and Skyra had killed a warlord before, they could do it again. Suddenly, however, there was a tension in the room as Skorm was visibly disturbed by what Sans was saying. "Oh, boy...you got some kinda League sympathy, son?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Azibo

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vulimai (Turaga Sans Hut)

Walking up from behind the turaga, clad in the garb of a matoran guardsmen, a badge of captain pinned onto their chest, the captain of guard spoke to the arriving toa and company, "Yes, it certainly seems like they did and don't waste your breath, I already tried, like it or not toa, the war is back on. As for when this happened, it occurred from what I been able to gather from the guard around the time you lot left if I'm not mistaken. Honestly, its a blessing you lot are back as soon as you are, with all that has been happening, we've been left practically defenseless." The vo-matoran stood there, a look of frustration across their face as they let out a deep sigh, hand on hip and palm in face.

OOC: @Azibo @Keeper of Kraata @Snelly @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Keitara (having second thoughts about this Sans fellow)

Kei felt a weight drop in her stomach at the Turaga's words. His xenophobia was just as bad as she had feared. 

"Wise One," Kei said levelly "with all due respect I've seen the state of Metru-Koro. We can't handle an assault. Did you even try? Or were you so wrapped up in your own ego as the new Turaga of this settlement that you couldn't be bothered?"

Kei forced herself to stay calm. "I don't know what bad blood you had before all of this but I'm pretty sure it's not worth whatever bloodbath is headed our way. Even if you weren't going to give in to their demands you could have at least offered negotiations to buy us some time!"

(OOC@Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Sparticus147)

• Like 2

20220406_234727.jpg

Skyra could sense a tense situation when she saw one. She was uncharacteristically silent for a moment.

"I'm not the diplomatic type, so I'm not gonna pretend I know how peace talks work or anything. But regardless of that, I understand how war works, and I know that the only thing that matters in war is kill or be killed! So I'm gonna go do what I do best and fight till either the enemy is dead or I am!" 

If peace talks had failed, no surprise there really, then it was people like her and Rose than needed to step up and do there job. War had made them necessary monsters, so if that's what she had to continue to be, so be it. It wasn't like she knew how to do anything else at this point.

• Like 1

IC: Keitara (slowly dissociating) 

"Have... have you all lost your minds? What about the matoran? You may be fine with kill or be killed, but can you sentence them to the same fate? We'd be dooming an untold number of those we are meant to protect."

Kei turned to Skyra and Rose. "Did you learn nothing from the swamp? We were underprepared and when the three of us jumped in how did that turn out? Oh sure we survived, but at what cost? And as for 'survived' we still have no idea how close a shave that really was! And now an entire sector of ecosystem is poisoned. I've learned my lesson. I'll not allow those under my protection to die for my own pride."

Kei turned to Sans, all traces of formality gone. "There's no turning back the clock, not unless one of you has the Vahi stowed in your satchel. Let me help... I don't know. Fortify the city? I'm no construction engineer! All I have is a fascination with mechanisms and apparently the scarce gift of common sense!"

Kei whirled towards the others, desperation now clear in her voice and face. "Please. Somebody else here has to think the same! Can anyone here help, or do you know who could? Gah, what I wouldn't give for a master smith-" Kei winced as a wave of emotions slammed into her. Why a smith? How would a smith help?

She shook her head. "I don't care about politics. I've not got the mind for it. But surely someone else here sees the need to stage a proper defense!"

Kei slumped slightly. "Please... I just got you all. I've lost everything. I... I don't want to lose you, too."

(OOC: @Conway @Burnmad @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Sparticus147)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
Added clarity
  • Like 3

20220406_234727.jpg

Skyra looked at Kei, she hadn’t known her for very long, but Skyra had found herself thinking of Kei as a little sister of sorts.

But right now that sister was being a bit annoying. “Now look here, we had that fight well in hand until-“ Skyra stopped herself, she’d nearly said something she’d probably regret. She sighed.

“Me and Rose? We’ve been fighting the League for a while now, heck I had just become a Toa when Dume sent me off to fight on the front lines, and you know what? I saw #### that I can’t unsee, it ####ed me in the head! The moment I made my first kill I stopped being a Toa and became a soldier, that’s the only thing I know how to be. It’s the only way I know how to protect everyone I care about.” Skyra could feel her emotions rising as she spoke.

”Let me defend this village the only way I know how, even if that’s being a murderous psycho monster. I can buy you guys time if nothing else.” 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

IC: Keitara (Sans' hut)

Skyra's words cut through the fog in Kei's head.

She drew a shuddering breath. "I'm sorry, Skyra. You're right. I don't know what you've seen. I don't know what Skorm has seen. Karz, I don't even know what I've seen."

She looked up toward the soldier's eyes, noting for the first time the slight hollowness behind them. "I'm... I'm sorry. I know we all want to keep the matoran safe. And as for what you were kind enough not to say... I acted rashly once today." She looked at Skorm, Irna, even Sans. "I'll try not to make the same mistake again. Now of all times what we need is Unity."

• Like 1

20220406_234727.jpg

"Unity. That is exactly what we need, first some odd company leaves, then you lot leaves, and then the airship that I thought was protecting the settlement from the League leaves. Metru-Koro is fresh out of toa, and compared to what ever armies the League have been able to rally since the crash, we matoran can't stop them as much as I hate to admit it. Vulimai by the way, captain of the matoran guard of Metru-Koro. Now if we're all done stating the terrible situation we all are in and how there must've been something to do, I recommend we start getting ready."

OOC: @Tarn @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui @Conway

• Like 1

IC: Mega -Zakaz, Metru-Koro

As a humorous situation was beginning to repeat itself, the people in Sans' hut would hear a knock on the door.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Tarn

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Teleportation, is that what I did? An accidental warp. Did the slug do that?

Thoughts were streaming constantly through Falh's head. He wanted to rip the Kraata off, decimate it entirely and be free of the corruption he'd set upon himself but...it was power. Something about the power lilted him.

He began to walk through Metru-Koro, ambling for the outskirts.

OOC: Falh's around still, I guess

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

The elder Turaga just stood and let the others take in the news.  It was hard to understand, and Sans remembered his days as a headstrong Toa.  Fighting foes was easier than playing politics.  When the initial reaction seemed to have fully washed over the crowd, Sans addressed them.  "The League said they would stop their war against us if we surrendered to them an item that doesn't even exist anymore.  An item which would've made defeating them impossible in any terms.  You don't have to like it, but this is the path we must maneuver.  The best bet for survival is defeating the League on our terms, here.  I hesitate to send any of you off to attempt to end the life of one of the two remaining warlords, both because we need as many here as possible, and because I don't want to send anyone on a one-way mission. We-"

A knock on the door interrupted the briefing.  "Come in!"

@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro)

Sala was left waiting for a reply as everyone within the cargo hauler seemed to walk right past him, leaving the su-matoran to his own devices. Leaving the cargo hauler, Sala thought it was best to get back to Sorilax as soon as possible. 

Making his way through the streets of Metru-Koro, once again surprised and amazed at how quickly the place was built and how large the place was within a matter of a week, it was amazing. As Sala was making his way near the outer extents of the settlement when he spied a sight that he didn't expect to see yet once again, a toa, stumbling through the somewhat empty streets, with a kraata attached to his arm.

Sala was stopped dead in his tracks, trapped in thought over the sheer implications that this sight brought to him, him not knowing that his eyes now laid fixed on the ko-toa.

OOC: @Dane-gerous

"Great, who is it this time, another person wanting to have a chat with our dear turaga on why we're going to war?" The Vulimai exasperated.

OOC: @Tarn @Azibo @Snelly @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Dane-gerous @Keeper of Kraata @Conway

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Sans' Hut)

"Unity..."

Skorm stumbled while uttering the virtue, as if it were it were a foreign tongue. He set his jaw. From the hut's door came a knock, and Skorm knew the moment had arrived as everyone was distracted for a fraction of a second.

The lightstones in the hut dimmed and flickered. Skorm dissipated into shadow, sliding out of Keitara's grasp, materializing in front of Sans, grasping his robes and armor beneath it.

"Our terms? Our terms!? This village is going to be razed to the ground, and you have invited it! Pridak is a bloodthirsty warmonger, but you're no better than the monsters you accuse!"

Activating his Occan, Skorm split into two Toa. Sko was holding Sans, while Orm was standing in front of them, ready to fend off attack.

"He's on his way now. He has an army. You have a small flood of refugees and a few people willing to call themselves soldiers. But it doesn't matter how righteous your cause, how devoted to our dead god; the League won when you had all that plus superior technology."

Sko's eyes glowed. He lowered his voice to a tense monotone. "Maybe if I take you to him, he might be amused long enough by your torture and my execution for desertion for the noncombatants of Metru Koro to flee. That is, if we're not picked off by Skakdi raiders."

Sighing, Sko continued somberly. "Mata Nui is dead. Metru Nui is lost. Those monsters, they offered you peace, and you spat and offered them blood instead. Small wonder that not all of us were slaves to the Barraki."

OOC: @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Tarn @Conway @Sparticus147 @Dane-gerous, autohit approved by Azibo

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
Misread earlier, adding in autohit clarification
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Ruins of Ice

... Leklo deftly ascended into the icy boughs of the sculpture and reached for the stars. Strangely, his hands brushed through nothingness but still felt repelled by an unknown force. The ceiling, it seemed, was truly made from the same fabric as the heavens themselves, and, as always, just as far out of reach.

IC Leklo | Ice Ruin

"Strange," Leklo muttered under his breath at the odd sensation the ceiling gave him as it rebuffed his fingers. Odd as it was, it did not baffle him; the plucky climber had experienced more than enough shock for a lifetime by that point and did not seem concerned by what he was seeing. If anything, he was more intrigued than ever and looked back up at the fabricated heavens with a sense of minor awe. However, after a few more swipes that netted the same results he climbed back down from the tree, realizing it was a fruitless attempt. The answer this time, it seemed, was not up.

He instead approached the door-that-wasn't, intent to investigate its design. He knocked around it, trying to get a feel if there was something that lay beyond the wall. "Heh," he said at last, "what if I just took my plasma sword and cut through the wall? Chop—slice—and... there you go!" he exclaimed with a grin. It was a joke, but he suddenly got the feeling it was an equally valid idea and chewed on the concept a bit more. 

His mind switched gears if only to avoid pulling a trick that could just end up damaging the sanctuary. "Kor, check out that pedestal; does it look anything like the one in Ko-Metru?"

@Crimson Jester @Nato the Traveler