Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Rose - Sans' Hut

"Now hold on, buddy--"

Rose drew her firework revolver as Skorm split into his separate selves, Sko taking hold of the Turaga's robes. She kept the weapon lowered, at least, not prepared to fire on someone she was just allies with a few minutes ago. Plus, she wasn't sure which of them to aim at first. 

"--Hands off the Turaga. I think you need to calm down, unless you wanna start fighting before Pridak's troops even get here."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Azibo

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vulimai (Turaga Sans Hut)

Seeing Sans being grabbed by this toa, toas? Vulimai senses instantly kicked in as she pulled out her halberd and pointed it in the direction of the two. "Hey now, release Sans immediately. I would like to knock some sense into him as much as anyone else but I am not going to allow you to just give him up just like that. Surrender now, or else I will do something  both of us will regret!" Although Vulimai knew she was no match for the toa, she was still not going to let these two get away with whatever their doing without a fight. It also helped that one of the other toa was also taking her side.

OOC: @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Keitara

"NO!"

Keitara lept toward the two halves of Skorm, providing as much cover as her slight frame allowed.With her back facing the group, she was suddenly conscious of the large gap still left in her armor.

Keitara shivered. She was afraid of saying the wrong thing again, of making things worse. "Skorm, no. Please. I… I-I don't want to lose you. As much as I agree that Sans made a mistake, and believe me when all this os over if I survive I will ensure he answers for it. But I can't- Karz, Skorm, I can't let you go back to the people who stole so much from you! And we have no guarantee the gambit will work, and if it fails we lose somebody who knows how the League think! If nothing else, Skorm, please consider your own value, t-to all of us!" Kei felt like a ship adrift at sea. All the comfort a few minutes ago was shattered,  leaving the av-toa scrambling for stable emotional ground. Rational thinking was rapidly being subsumed by blind panic at a situation that was only getting worse.

(OOC: @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @TL01 NUVA@Snelly @Toru Nui @Sparticus147)

• Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Zsann - Metru-Koro, catching up

At this point, Zsann figured she could still stock up later. Mega had said something about warning people. This could be a good way to find out who was in charge around these parts without having to do too much pesky talking herself.

"I-I w-w-won't be l-long." she murmured to Yaushe before grabbing her greatsword and rushing after Mega, who would hear familiar, if a bit hurried, footsteps coming up behind her just as she was knocking at the door of the hut.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Sparticus147 @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Tarn

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Sans, Sans' Hut

Sans closed his eyes.  "All of you are acting like you're above the rules.  Like anyone with power is allowed to impose their will over weaker people.  Thank goodness I'm in charge, and not you youngins."  Sans opened one eye and glared at his rude guest.  "If you prefer to fight an old man instead of the murderers who want to destroy your new home, what does that say about you?"  Sans' activated his mask, and began to grow, and grow, and grow, until Skorm's violent half couldn't hold on to Sans any longer.  Sans stopped just short of crashing his large head through his humble roof. 

"All of you have no place to criticize me and I will not hear it.  You will learn your place.  Your Duty.  Do you think I lived as long as I have without ever following orders I didn't agree with?  I don't care what your inputs are.  I did nothing to cause anything that wasn't already happening.  The next person who speaks out of line is getting kicked.  All of you are foolish for wasting your time and energy bickering instead of preparing for what we knew was already coming. NOW WHOEVER THAT IS PLEASE COME THROUGH THE DOOR ALREADY SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH MY NIGHT!"

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 4

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Sans' Hut

Creaaaakkk.

Oh, that's a lot of Toa. That's...

The door opened, and a Fa-Matoran with a bandana around her neck stepped in, looking back briefly to see her Skakdi friend backing her up. She gave Zsann a brief, grateful smile before she looked in at the room, immediately sensing the tension.

Oh, this is a bad time.

"Hey, ya'll." Mega tried, scratching the back of her head somewhat awkwardly.

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 4

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro

They waited. They were good at that.

Seconds passed like water. Uncountable. Like the number of drops in a river. They heard the young desecrated breathing outside and savoured the sound. They had not performed this ritual in a long time. Longer than a day. Shorter than a lifetime. They felt power move within them like a growing wind, and it was new. New. The rivers ran to the sea, but the sea was never full. The wind moved to the south, then turned to the north, chasing itself. The sun rose and set endlessly. All was older than thought and unchanging as the darkness below the earth. Life was monotony, ancient as the sea. But something had broken through at last. The tedium of endless hours was ended.

They did not breathe. But they breathed deep, in a way, of this new sensation. Felt non-existent lungs swell with sweet air. They seemed to awaken from a daze they had not known they were caught in. A dream they had not known was a dream. They looked around and saw the island in the light of a new dawn. Eyeless, they blinked away the sleep of centuries. They saw death around them like a haze. They felt an urgency they had forgotten. And a pull to places they had put out of mind.

Leaving the house, they turned to the south and began to move in their steady, unhurried stride. Fists down. Swing legs. Repeat. Mossy limbs over the ground. Shadow deep and unyielding. As they moved, they reached out to the newborn. The youngest sibling. The saved one.

Find me where the sand meets the trees.

Then they were gone, a shadow moving over the earth.

OOC: @Dane-gerous

• Like 1

IC: Rose - Sans' Hut

"Come on, now--" she began to say as Kei jumped to defend Sko and Orm, only to pause when Sans grew to be taller than even the formidably-sized Toa of Fire, trying to take control of the situation. She looked around the room, then to the door of the hut as it opened with a creak to unveil the latest visitor, things suddenly going very quiet.

"Hi," Rose replied, revolver still in her grip.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Azibo@Dane-gerous

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, Onu-Metru

The Toa of Fire stood with arms crossed, looking thoughtful.

"He doesn't know there's anything worthwhile in here. He might just leave if he can't get in."

Still, that meant waiting him out. And Oreius had a nagging feeling that he was running out of time. Ever minute spent in Stannis's vault was a minute the League had free reign in the city. Free reign to build their army and establish their hold. And once they had organized enough... they would attack. He was certain of it.

"But if he doesn't... we may have to persuade him. Are you prepared to fight?"

OOC: @Onaku

• Like 1

IC: Zsann, Sans' hut (or rather, in front of it)

Zsann had given Mega a small nod in reply before peering through the now open door. She wasn't sure whether she liked what she saw - this many Toa in one place usually never bode well. Suddenly she noticed a small sting in her left cheek. Relax, Zsann. The Skakdi made an effort to unclench her jaw and followed Mega into the hut.
You don't have to talk. Being there is enough.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Sparticus147 @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruin

He knocked around it, trying to get a feel if there was something that lay beyond the wall. "Heh," he said at last, "what if I just took my plasma sword and cut through the wall? Chop—slice—and... there you go!" he exclaimed with a grin.

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

Leklo may have been joking, but there was sense in his words. It would be useful to know if there was anything behind the walls... albeit using a method that wouldn't potentially set off any defences the temple may have had. Apparently the Toa had forgotten they had such a method readily available. 

Sidra called upon the Suva, willing it to swap her current Kanohi for the Akaku again. Assuming it worked, she would then use the mask to very carefully look around the walls, floor, and ceiling of the ruin, in search of any clues, mechanisms, or traps that weren't visible to the naked eye. 

@Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

"...Alright! That's fine. I'll come back later." Achro began walking away from the Vault's door.

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut)

Sans's words had basically devolved into: 'the enemy is pure evil, I know better than you, obey without question'. But if the enemy was pure evil, why was Skorm even here? If Sans knew better, why did he put Waveahk, the ex-Dark Hunter with all the charisma of a dry sponge, in charge of an important mission to reach out to an unknown, possibly hostile species? And if he was to obey without question, was he supposed to jump off a cliff if the Turaga told him to, or kill innocents just because they couldn't find anyone else with a nice Badge of Office?

OK, so, maybe the vast majority of the League was evil, he'd grant that. And maybe Sans was... no, there was no possibility of that, but perhaps the failure to negotiate with the League genuinely wasn't his fault. He'd have to get a second opinion though. But if Sans expected him to just follow orders mindlessly without regard to the potential consequences or moral dilemmas - then how was Tekmo any different from your average League soldier? ...How was Sans any better than the Barraki? Protecting the Matoran was no valid excuse - the Matoran deserved better from their protectors and their leaders. Everyone did.

He didn't speak. Sans made it clear that criticizing him was now forbidden, which is pretty much the first tip in the dictator's handbook, if such a thing existed. Sans presumed that Tekmo's Duty was unquestioning obedience to old people, but it wasn't. It was helping the innocent and opposing tyranny. Perhaps, if the Barraki were vanquished - when the Barraki were vanquished - a change in leadership would be in order. Maybe give democracy a try, he'd heard only good things about that.

Meanwhile, Waveahk had resigned himself to his fate. They were all going to die because the Turaga didn't understand basic diplomacy. The item the League was after 'no longer existed'? Really? That was his excuse? If the Toa couldn't protect Metru Nui from the League, how exactly did they expect to protect this ramshackle shanty town without their advanced technology? Advanced technology the League now had. Maybe Skorm had the right idea, even if it would only buy them a little more time.

His gaze turned from the debacle in front of him to his revolver. Its bullets were not exactly the deadliest ordnance in the universe, but pressed up against the side of his head, there would be no way to heal him from that. It would certainly be better than anything the League could offer. It would be better than continuing to mutate into some sort of aquatic fish-monster. It would be better than having a spend a single second more with these idiots.

No. He would not go quietly - as quietly as a gunshot to the head could be. If death was truly what he wanted, he would have given up a long time ago. A despotic empire trying to take over his home, being mutated against his will, joining a mercenary group just for shelter, killing random strangers because that was his job now, becoming the unwilling pawn of a strange, otherworldly power, and now this. He may not emerge unscathed, but he would survive, as he had done so before... he just couldn't guarantee anyone else would survive either.

@Azibo@Keeper of Kraata@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@TL01 NUVA@Dane-gerous

• Like 3

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro)

7 hours ago, Dane-gerous said:

The Su-Matoran was staring.

What was it with the little ones being so nosy?

Sala would receive a glare back as the Toa of Ice growled, low.

"Did your Turaga never teach you to not to stare?" 

"Oh, oh! My apologies t-toa, it's just that..um..uh...Hold on, let's start over, I'm Sala, chronicler." This toa sounded harsh, almost threatening even, that scared Sala, but this toa also seemed wreary, maybe even ill looking. Sala would have to be careful here he could tell, he needed to get back to Sorilax.

OOC: @Dane-gerous

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

The AI voice returning to the moment it left off hit Okuo like whiplash, startling him almost as he quickly tried to recall where it had left off and make sense of the sentence so abruptly returned to which he didn't fully recall anymore. "... Error, could not parse. Return to beginning of string and read again."

@EmperorWhenua@Eyru

IC: Knichou, Zakaz Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou winced as Nale visibly strained for a moment when she picked up the shield. She was right - if the whole point of what Knichou did to the spear was to make it more nimble, a large, bulky shield would counteract all of that. A smaller shield would still let her effectively block and parry most attacks, while keeping a hand free for a counter. Her suggestion of two shields, mounted over the forearms...

Hmmm...

Knichou took the shield from Nale, the shape of it changing as protosteel flowed from the center to where Knichou's hands were on each side of the circular construct. A crease became visible in the center, where Knichou had commanded the metal to thin out. With a kick, Knichou split the shield in two. Taking one semicircle in each hand and closing his eyes, Knichou slowly molded them into circles with his mind as he considered his next move.

A shield was simple, but a mounting system that could be both reliable and flexible would be a much more complex undertaking. To get it done before they arrived in Metru-Koro, he would need to use the last two bricks of his nanotech. It was the end of the world after all, and Knichou had no excuse not to pull out all the bells and whistles. Especially for Nale. If there was anyone Knichou was willing to give as much of his technology to protect, wouldn't it be her? Knichou had already given the secrets to Atamai - he knew it was irrational to be so protective of giving out his technology, especially given he had already used some on Nale. I guess it just feels more difficult to use it when it's the last I have...

Knichou inspected his handiwork. The semicircles were now circles - slightly smaller than Kanoka disks. Kanoka sized? Huh... I wonder if... Knichou's mind raced at the possibilities. He changed the shape of the mini-shields as he absorbed more metal from them. The disks morphed into a donut-shaped circles - toruses with a mostly flat edge. When they were finished, Knichou dropped one on the ground and placed the other on top of his left forearm, which he held out flat in front of him. He used the hand on that arm to begin rapidly typing into his right gauntlet. After a few moments of typing, his left forearm's armor began to slowly lose shape, as if it was beginning to melt. Now that it wasn't programmed to stay in shape, each slight movement of his arm, the liquid metal would flow around with inertia to concentrate in different areas.

With Knichou's right arm, he began making hand motions similar to when he was nano-fabricating Nale's spear. The nanites in his left gaunlet's armor reformed themselves on his command, and Knichou slowly moved them to form various shapes. The first shape was making the nanites grapple onto the inside of the torus shape to secure it in place. Once the configuration was finished, Knichou began typing some more and the nanites on his left forearm suddenly hardened into place. He moved his left arm around, making secure that the protosteel ring was secure.

Satisfied, Knichou began working on the next shape to imprint into his armor's configuration memory. He continued the same process - making the armor malleable again, using gestures to shape it into the new form, and typing some more to harden the metal in the new shape. The next shape was the shield form - the nanites didn't just lock in the ring of protosteel, but seeped around it to form a circular shield that had a round surface and was larger than the ring was by itself. The final form was the disk with the nanites filling in the center hole, with the nanites on the outside forming a razor sharp edge. Once Knichou did some finishing touches to the configurations by typing away on his gauntlet, Knichou carefully tried to grab the disk from this position. The nanite blade became malleable to the touch, recognizing that he was a trusted user. The metal filling in the center hole of the disk became liquid and let Knichou's hand pass through to comfortably grab the solid protosteel ring. As soon as he decided to detach the disk from his forearm, it did, and Knichou was able to take the disk away.

Knichou spent some time testing it, both to ensure it functioned properly and because it was entertaining. He would take the disk off and on his forearm, activate the shield mode, activate the blade mode, throw the disk at the wall, and use his iron powers to slow the disk's flight path and fling it back to his grasp. This was fun. Detach, blade, attach, shield, no shield, detach, blade, throw.

As he trained the system and tested edge cases, Knichou's thoughts became the disk's actions. Within under a minute he didn't even have to verbalize it in his thoughts; the armor system had adapted to realize what he wanted the disks to do while - or even before - he thought it out loud. When he knew his will had become one with the disks, he smiled with satisfaction.

Knichou typed into his gauntlet, and his left gauntlet shifted back to its prior form, spitting out the protosteel ring in the process. He grabbed it, set it on the ground, and picked up the last two ingots of nanodermis in one hand, and the strange gun-like tool in the other. He turned to Nale.

"Like it? Now it's your turn. Hold out your arms, please."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mazor-Aqua sphere trail

"We should be able to rig something up. We can try to make some kind of carying pack." Upon arriving back at the campsite he began to search and take stock of the supplies.

IC: Jephro-entering San's Hut

After having wandered around Metru-Koro for a while Jephro finally worked up the courage to head back and ask to talk with Turuga Sans. He walked up to the hut and saw someone standing in the doorway. "I-I-Is Turuga San's busy right now?"

IC: Informant-Zakazian Beach

The informant trudged along the western beach of Zakaz, Mata-Nui's head behind him. He glanced back at his iStone, which contained sparse notes that he had managed to salvage. One note kept bugging him in the back of his head, Go to the rock of desecration, find Parnassus, bring a sacrifice. He shook his head as always, he wished he had more information.

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Korruhn, Ruins of Ice

Korruhn nodded, acknowledging Leklo's suggestion. Turning to the pedestal, Korruhn began to inspect it thoroughly, running his fingers along the carvings, even rapping on the circular top with the side of his fist. Back at Ko-Metru, the group had to use a disc on the pedestal to enlarge it to reach a door high up in the ceiling; although that may not be the case now, perhaps the pedestal served some other purpose.

His eyes turned back to the frozen mahi again, his thoughts still stuck on the manner of it's demise. He turned back to his companions.

"I know you're not really keen on me and temple-corpses at this point," he said directly to Leklo, with as close to a chuckle as an icy Ko-Metruvian could muster. "But something bothers me about it. This creature came in, and either didn't--or couldn't leave. What do you two make of that?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester
Tags

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Skyra Daring - San's Hut -

"..." Well things were becoming very uncomfortable now. Skorm was angry and Sans was also bigger and angry and yelling about power, responsibility, and following orders and stuff. 

All and all this was getting crowded and Skyra was starting to feel claustrophobic. She wordlessly forced her way to the door and went outside. 

No offense to Sans, but Skyra had never been good at doing what she was told, she looked out to the sky, thinking to herself. 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @Sparticus147

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

"I-"

Something rang in his head, an anacronism entered his thoughts. The demon...how could it...?

Find me where the sand meets the trees.

He clutched his head for a moment, distressed but managing to keep steady. He resisted the compulsion to follow the demon for now, instead regarding Sala.

"...Chronicler." He repeated, finally. "You will have much to chronicle very soon. But for now, you will move."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Eyru

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Sans' Hut

As Skyra pushed past her and left, Mega began to feel that perhaps her presence was unwarranted. She'd let the Toa sort their own business, clearly hers could wait.

"I uh...this ain't the best time, is it? I'll let ya'll be."

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Conway @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @A-tak-nid

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

OOC: Bunnying of Enra done with Toru's permission.

IC: Ruins of Fire

As Enra left to check the outside of the ruins she felt the same strange tingle running up her spine. Then she felt an unspeakably painful burning sensation, like walking through an electric fence turned to full blast. It set her teeth on edge. For Enra, it felt rather exciting given her affinity for electricity and the feeling passed almost as soon as it began before she continued up the hallway and on out of the ziggurat. She surmised anyone else might be repelled.

Outside the ruins the air felt hot and cloying. She heard the faintest giggle from the nearby copse of burnt trees. Soft gray flakes of ash and soot fluttered by on  the faintest breeze. The heat of the lava rivers to the North filled the sky with a ruddy hue. She stood alone.

Was she afraid? 

Was she used to being alone?

The way up the steps to the top of the ziggurat looked safe enough. The last bits of the evening’s sunlight glittered off the broken gong at the top and into Enra’s eyes as she reached the summit. Looking around, Enra did her best to take in what she saw.

First, the breathtaking view. She could see all the way to the eastern ocean where the lava cooled in great plumes of steam. Second, the weathered stone beneath her feet and a raised altar behind the broken gong on the Southernmost facing portion of the summit. Closely inspecting the altar Enra noticed the telltale lines of dried and flaking blood stains. After confirming her suspicions Enra moved on to the third part of her investigation: the broken gong.

A pair of stone pillars rising out of the capstone she stood on held the gong suspended between them on worn metal chains. The gong itself was missing most of its bottom half, and looked to have been cut by some jagged weapon. The soot on the cut edge indicated the gong broke a while ago. Written along the rim of the gong were matoran letters. Enra could make out the following inscription, even though portions were missing:

… Prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two midnight horrors...

… Squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge …

… Goodbye

Inside the ziggurat, Xane dribbled his blood into the bowl on the dias. The blood hit the surface, smoked, and lingered for a short while. While it did, Xane noticed the blood seemed to have formed a dot in the center of the circular bowl of lava. It weirdly reminded him of the matoran symbol for zero. Then the blood faded completely from the surface of the bowl, and steam made him back away. Nothing else happened.

OOC: @Onaku, @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Keitara (so far out to sea barnacles are collecting on her armor)

"OKAY!" said Kei, "Oh. Kay. Here's a thought: why don't we all just stop trying to murder each other and allow the nice, probably deeply concerned, visitors to speak their piece."

OOC: @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @TL01 NUVA@Snelly @Toru Nui @Sparticus147)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 4

20220406_234727.jpg

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Of all the fates Knichou could experience, Kanohi had not expected he would gain the power of Toahood. He … it made sense, what kind of Matoran would be as worthy as a Nynrah Ghost? But still, Dume made Knichou a Toa? That was … hadn’t Knichou planned to kidnap him? What had happened in that office?

Regardless Kanohi followed after Stannis, tapping and prodding the huts and walls with his staff as he went past, mending them as he headed towards Arkius. Pleasantly he spotted Arkius climbing out of the hole, with an Onu-Matoran struggling behind him. “Hello, Toa Arkius,” Kanohi waved, “is everything going alright with the plan?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Onaku

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius' face was grim as he looked over to Kanohi and Stannis, his eyes bereft of hope landing on the former. "No. We can't build a village underground. I found clear signs of something immense tunnelling underground, big enough that it could surely destroy an underground village with ease. There is no sanctuary in the depths of this cursed island." 

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ruins of Ice

As Sidra called upon the powers of the suva, she heard the telltale words in her mind and felt the masks swap both in the dimensional inventory of the suva and on her face.  Strangely, she felt closer than ever to the place where the Suva stored its contents. Korruhn and Leklo also felt the change physically, like stepping down but forgetting to bend a knee. It was impossible to ignore, but quickly passed.

With Sidra’s new powers she scanned the ceiling, walls, and floor. Strangely, she saw the immaterial void of the ceiling stretching out in all directions beyond the walls wherever she looked. Even the hallway ended abruptly about fifteen paces back towards where they entered. What she did see that gave her a sense of direction, however, was the connecting lines of energy in the floor crackling between the podium where the bowl of snow rested and the part of the wall with the doorway carvings. Sidra could tell without a shadow of doubt that the two were connected somehow.

Korruhn’s inspection of the podium yielded the following information: the podium was made of ice, and the circular bowl sitting atop it too. The softest snowflakes filled the bowl. There was no writing on the podium. He noticed that the podium was placed directly in front of the part of the wall with the carvings of a doorway, and the bowl was at the perfect height for a matoran to use comfortably. Something did catch his eye though, or rather his arm. Near the very base of the podium, on the side facing towards the wall carvings, was a single symbol hastily carved: a tiny counter-clockwise spiral. His cursed arm pulsed with nerve pain as his hand passed over the carving, causing Korruhn to lurch back. When he looked at his hand, he could see the faintest lingering shape of the carving on his palm. And when he looked back at the podium the carving was gone.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"What do you mean, something immense? What sort of signs, brother?" Stannis asked. Arkius showing fear was uncharacteristic, and though there was plenty pent up frustration_nigh anger_in his tone, the undercurrents of something bordering fear was palpable. 

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"I understood you. :) Toa Stannis of the Maru consistently updated my memories with data relevant to the ongoing war against the League, including strategies and information on all of their leadership and commanders. Toa Stannis is meticulous in his chronicling of the universe," the voice repeated verbatim.

IC: Zsann, Sans' hut

When Zsann had heard a voice from behind asking whether the Turaga was busy, the Skakdi had simply shrugged. Neither her's face nor posture expressed what she was feeling about the situation, though she did keep an eye out for anything that would require an action of her.

When the Toa pushed past her, she did raise an eyebrow, but then turned her attention towards the other Toa speaking up and of course, Mega. She was slightly amused by being referred to as nice, though, even if it was just a figure of speech.

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Conway @Keeper of Kraata @Azibo @Smudge8 @Dane-gerous

• Like 2

"I found a tunnel. An immense tunnel. Massive. At first I wasn't sure what had made it, but upon studying it, feeling the surface, inspecting the air-earth boundary within it, I could come to no other conclusion than that some great creature dug it out. No rock, mineral, metal or anything else could withstand its passing."

@EmperorWhenua@Harvali

"Alright. What is the timestamp of the last entry?"

@EmperorWhenua@Eyru

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut)

He had to drop the Turaga when he activated his mask. Sko briefly considered going for the mask, attempting to blind Sans, or even just stabbing him, but Irna's command rang in his ears.

"Their deaths will be on your hands." Sko turned, walking straight into Orm and merging with him to become Skorm again. Briefly, his knees buckled under him, but he managed to keep himself upright. He made his way to the door, glancing at Keitara, Tekmo, and Irna. "We should start getting ready to leave. There's nothing more for us here."

OOC: @Azibo @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui @A-tak-nid @Dane-gerous @Sparticus147

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: [Ehlek’s Laboratory - Weird Science]

“Did he now…” the warlord muttered, moving around the table, comparing the wiring running into Mantax’ head with schematics he’d pulled up on an istone. He stopped in front of the late Barraki. “Looks a bit dopey, don’t you think?” he suddenly asked, addressing no-one in particular. Then, with a shrug, he grabbed the bundle of cables and attached an extension, which he took with him over to another contraption standing off to the side. It hummed with electricity and his visitors could see the spinning coils inside throwing the odd spark. 

He fiddled with the machine, plugging, then replugging the end of the extension cord. Once he was done, he gave the whole setup another look before nodding, satisfied.

“Eh, he’s always looked silly. And yes, I can help. But first: Stand back! Yes, you too BO-2506C. I don’t care if it’s your turn to hold the fire extinguisher. Activate the containment field.”

The Bordakh hung it’s head and shuffled away and a moment later an energy barrier materialized around the table. Ehlek grinned and reached for a rather oversized looking switch.

“Y’all ready for this?” he asked and flipped the switch. The power in the room fluctuated and the lights started to flicker and dim. And then, with a sizzle, the energy rushed to its destination. Mantax’s head twitched and then his eyes shot open, orbit and eyeball glowing a bright blue as the electricity coursed through dead nerves. His mouth opened and began to make loud, inarticulate noises.

Ehlek was overjoyed. “Yes!” he exclaimed. Then the machine’s whine rapidly picked up, before part of it disintegrated in a small explosion an instant later. “No!”

The lights went out, Mantax’ head stopped moving, his visage a grotesque grimace, tongue lolling, milky eye looking at the ceiling. 

“Great, just great. He’s as useless as ever!” the green warlord groaned, wringing his hands. “Fine, fine, fine...I can deal with this, I can deal with this, I can - “ he picked up a wrench from the table and hurled it at BO-2506C who ducked out of the way. The warlord took a depp, controlled breath and let it out slowly, sighing. 

“Plan B then...if only I had a wheelbarrow and a mask of undeath, that’d be something...nevermind. I really feel like bombing a village right now, you said you had one? Good. Follow me.”

The Barraki led the duo out of his lab and to an elevator, which was going down at an angle, mostly due to the entire building sitting at an angle since the crash landing. On the ride down, Ostrox and Zaliyah could see how fidgety the warlord really was when he had nothing to do with his hands. Once they’d reached the bottom, he guided them through a few messy corridors. The walls had cracked and cabled and pipes hung from the ceiling where that had broken too. “Don’t touch the live wires!” Ehlek recommended, but didn’t slow down either. 

Eventually the corridor ended in a large roll-up gate, guarded by Vahki. It opened as the three approached and Ehlek spread his arms wide. “Welcome to the armory!” he said, in a grandiose tone. Except the storage room visible behind him was...boring. It was crates and containers with nothing exciting immediately visible. After a few awkward seconds of silence, Ehlek dropped his arms and turned to the Vahki. “Yes could you get me...yes exactly. No, not that one. Definitely not that one. Yes, that. Good, off you go now.”

He turned to his two guests, rubbing his hands together. “Give it a minute.”

And true to his word, a little over a minute later, the Vahki returned, but with company in tow - three other units were there and all four together carried a sealed crate each, roughly as long as a Toa was tall. The lead unit put its crate down and Ehlek popped the seals and threw open the cover, revealing a rather large weapon.

“I present to you: Death from above. Courtesy of the late Dume’s inventory, based on internal pulse bolt generators. The further the target is away, the bigger the boom - long as you can hit it that is. So there’s a sweet spot between range and explosiveness there. Get these mounted on an airship and you should be all set. Just remember to bring something to defend against flying targets. I once knew a Toa of gravity - used his element to throw his team mates at me. Do you know how annoying that is? Almost as annoying as listening to Carapar play his horn. Not gonna miss that, I can tell you that. Was there anything else? If not, off you go. Shoo, shoo, I gotta see about a disembodied friend…”

He signaled the Vahki to follow Ostrox and Zaliyah, while gesturing for them to get going at the same time.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Vezok's Friend
Only on eye stared at the ceiling. He's still dead tho.
  • Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

1 hour ago, Onaku said:

"I found a tunnel. An immense tunnel. Massive. At first I wasn't sure what had made it, but upon studying it, feeling the surface, inspecting the air-earth boundary within it, I could come to no other conclusion than that some great creature dug it out. No rock, mineral, metal or anything else could withstand its passing."

"Alright. What is the timestamp of the last entry?"

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

“This is troubling news,” he said. “There are great beasts which dwell on this land—I have seen signs of some, am but only heard rumors of a giant worm. I thought perhaps it would only be a rumour, but it seems it still roams, perhaps.”

He turned to Kanohi, now christened the akiri, and gave an encouraging look. “Heavy weighs the mantle of leadership. How would you help your people the most with this knowledge?”

IC Hiripaki | Archives

“I already told you when my last update was, Toa Okuo. Have you forgotten?”

IC: Keitara (Sans' hut)

Kei watched as Skorm stalked off to prepare for the upcoming assault. Her first, overpowering instinct was to follow him. Not just for her feelings. Something told her that the Twi-Toa would be their best bet at staging a defense for their beseiged city. But Kei was a being who trusted her heart, and so before she ran off there was one thing left to do.

Kei turned back towards Irna, stepping closet so as to speak more privately with her. "Irna, I..." She took a deep breath. "S-skorm isn't the only one I'm s-scared of losing. I... I-I... I have feelings for you as well." Having crested this emotional hill the words now flooded forth from her "And I think Skorm might be one of our best bets of defending the city and I understand if you would not want to because frankly I couldn't blame you, most matoran never treated any of the zyglak fairly, but but," inhale "but if you do plan to stay and help defend the city I reslly really want to do it alongside you and Skorm!"

Kei was panting, her normal blue aura now suffused with a slight, feverish red flush. She stared up defiantly at the proud, strong warrior before her and awaited her reply.

(OOC: @Conway)

• Like 1

20220406_234727.jpg