Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

Vulimai looked between Stannis and this toa, if you call him that, before simply nodding to Stannis and ordering the two guard matoran to get to their posts. But before Vulimai walked off to prepare for the imminent bombing, Vulimai looked back at Stannis and said, "When you are done here, go to the New Archives, we could use your help there." And like that, Vulimai was off.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~

IC, Aurax: Outside Metru-Koro

The Toa snorted in bemusement. “As if. Technically I’ve been sent to kill you and bring your mask back as proof. But today’s your lucky day: I don’t plan on doing that. Instead I’m going to do something I never thought I’d do. I’m going to ask you for a favor. 

“I want you to help me kill Pridak.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

His mind reeling, Skorm made his way to the outskirts of the village, where he had parked the Muaka. He reviewed facts as he walked, consciously trying to force himself to put one step in front of the other and not collapse to the ground in a gibbering wreck.

The League is coming to destroy the village.

The League of... well, however many kingdoms now, possessed at least one airship. Metru-Koro, as far as he knew, had a single airship that just arrived as Skorm was making his way through the village. That's at least down to one on one, possibly. Pridak attempted to engage in diplomacy before declaring war. He was willing to commit forces, but not willing enough to begin by destroying the Koro. Maybe he IS after something.

Skorm reached the Muaka, exactly where he had parked it. IV poked its head from the window. "Prep the car," Skorm said. "We need to get ready to leave." The Twi-Toa turned his head.

"Tekmo, I know you've been following me. What is it?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Ostrox (Le-Metru, Shipyard)

Ostrox began overseeing the installation of the pulse bolt generator onto one of the four airships.

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Eyru

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru)

Making his way to the Onu-Metru surface, Achro began walking the road back to the Coliseum...

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

"You know what 'it' is. Where, precisely, do you think you're going?"

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Yaushe - Outside Sans' Hut

"... Yeah, heard them talking about some kind of threat... we came here to warn them about some bad guys settling in nearby." Yaushe considered this stranger. "What're you here for, then?"

@Smudge8

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Zsann, Sans' hut

At the (positive) mention of her name, Zsann's mood brightenee a little. Clearly, Mega also regarded her as a friend.
When Rose addressed her, she nodded in return. No need to have her stutter betray her appearance right away.

And then there was a knock on the door. Zsann quickly glanced in the direction, but then again, this wasn't her place, so she'd just make sure she wasn't too much in the way.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @TL01 NUVA @Tarn

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Sans' Hut

"Thanks, darlin'." She chuckled, putting the cig to her lips as she glanced back to Keitara and to Rose. "Sorry. None of this is my business but...I dunno. It'd be a shame if this place ended up like Po, is all."

She opened the door, to let the smoke out, only to see a Su-Matoran there.

"Oh. Hi." She smiled. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @A-tak-nid

IC: Mahryo

Feeling more than a little lost (perhaps because a being of higher power secretly controlling him behind the scenes had been busy), Mahryo continued to follow NU as they fled from the Mesi and the giant worm, assuming that the Vahki could get them out safely.

@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Sala (Turaga Sans Hut)

As Sala knocked on the door, a fa-matoran seemed to answered it, giving a him a smile. "Oh hi, I'm Sala. I'm here with my companion Sorilax on important business and I am wondering if the turaga is present here." Sala stood there waiting for an answer, trying to look behind Mega's shoulder to see who all is within the hut.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Dane-gerous @A-tak-nid @Azibo @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Smudge8 @ZippyWharrgarbl Once again, I think this is everyone.

• Like 1

IC, Aurax: Outside Metru-Koro

"Huh? I... whatever," Aurax said as he shook his head, a little confused. "Look, Pridak's an idiot. He got us into this whole mess, and now he thinks that attacking the refugees is somehow going to make him feel better. I think his decision-making skills have gone a bit downhill. I want him gone, and so do you. Come with me and help me kill him. I can bring you before him under the guise of bringing you in for execution. When he's distracted, we strike."

Aurax paused for a moment to let his words sink in.

"And if you help me and we pull it off, I'll guarantee the safety of the refugees. ####, I'll even let them back into Metru-Nui if they want."

• Like 1

IC: Keitara (Movin' with the people)

As Mega and the others began to once more filter back into Sans' hut, Kei spotted Sala. Waving slightly, she made her way over to them. 

"Hello there" she said at the first polite interval. "I didn't realize you and your companion would be staying. Shame you couldn't have arrived at a better time. I still owe you both a massive thank you for basically saving all of our lives back there."

(OOC: @Sparticus147)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: [Takadox - Running outta breath]

“Again I ask:” the warlord gasped, trying to keep on his feet, almost tripping over Providence. “How?” He had seen too many strange things and was still freaked out by the fact his rescuers were running with one of the people he had just been rescued from. “And what’s his deal?” he asked, pointing at Zak-Yak.

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - (Still officially Barraki)

Location - Outside Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside the Eclipse

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis

Seated inside the bridge, Saybo zoomed one of the cameras in on Stannis. As the Wanderer filled the forward viewport, Saybo suddenly remembered. He had met Stannis a third time.

It was in a small village on the northern continent. He was actually there to gather information on a nearby village. Stannis had spotted him and started to question him on why he was there. Saybo had played it off well, but as he did somehow Stannis roped him into joining some local festival that was taking place.

There had been a plethora of games to participate in, and also ample time for Stannis to casually continue grilling him. Saybo had made sure to let slip some false information, but somehow it had felt as if Stannis really knew what was going on regardless. He was forced to play Kolhii, a dodge Madu fruit game, there was even a shooting gallery with prizes. Saybo had won the last one, naturally, but Stannis had picked the prize, handing Saybo some famous Ga-Matoran plushie. Naturally Saybo had thrown it out, but somehow that old geezer had clipped it to his backpack without him noticing.

Saybo pulled it from his backpack now. He had held onto it, as simply throwing it out now held no victory. No, now he had to give it back to Stannis in some way that the old stone Toa wouldn’t notice. Then he would give Stannis the defeat he deserved.

Remembering back again, Stannis had almost gotten him to join in a three-legged race, but perhaps the Wanderer himself hadn’t wanted to participate, as Saybo had managed to talk his way out of that one. Still, Saybo wished he could feel embarrassment about these memories. They now hung over him like a defeat. How had he forgotten them?

Saybo squeezed the Ga-Matoran plushie in his palm as he looked at Stannis on the screen once more. He would have his revenge and gain the upper hand. He would no longer have to hold on to some dumb doll.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua

That's right. Stannis is still going down. But this time it's his reputation as a Cool KidTM that will be forever tainted.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside Sans’ hut

With - Sala, Sans, Waveahk, Kei, Irna, Rose, Zsann, and Mega

The streets bustled. There were shouts indecipherable as products exchanged hands and as reinforcements were established. Bright colors and machines Sorilax had never seen filled the village. Metru-Koro was massive compared to Le-Metru Koro. And so much more diverse. Sorilax noted several non-native Skakdi walking around, not even stabbing anyone. There were other, much more mysterious species, like the one couple of beings he had seen in the cargo hauler. One had been a Steltian like they had lost to the giant centipede, but the other had been completely unknown.

But now was not the time for gaining knowledge. As much as his writing hand mentally itched, the Aspect knew time had suddenly become very precious. And it was something he had never had to deal with before. In the past, he had spent decades studying a single species of Rahi. There were even beetles he had discovered that hibernated for twenty seven years at a time, before they climbed up from the ground to reproduce and die in a single season. Yes, time had passed quickly for Sorilax, but he had no reason to pay heed to it. Now he did, and he didn’t like it.

Arriving at the hut of this Turaga fellow, Sorilax noted a vehicle unlike any he had seen before. It was more different from the cargo hauler than the cargo hauler had been to native Skakdi vehicles. He wished to maybe make a quick sketch, but the hut door had already opened to the pair of chroniclers.

Sorilax stepped inside Sans’ hut and past Sala, who had been stopped by the Keitara being. He still needed to find out if that was a name or title. Later, later.

Taking a quick look around the room, Sorilax concluded that the small, wise-ish looking blue being must be the Turaga. The final stage of Matoran if Destiny had them become Toa Sala had told him. Very intriguing, that. Though with new memories from the gong, potentially something he had already known in the past.

Several of the cargo hauler crew were already conversing with this being. They must cease. I have much more important things to convey. My village needs a supply chain. My armor needs fixing. I must stop as many Aspects as I can!

Sorilax, in his new concern for time, didn’t notice how his thoughts had been warped by his nature. However, he did remain silent out of respect for those already talking. It must be important if they were speaking with the village leader, after all. He created a Shadow chair and sat down, his long arms draped over his legs. Travel back to Le-Metru Nuva would take a couple days anyway. He could spare a few hours out of respect for beings beneath him. No. On par with me. Sorilax sighed. One day he would be free of this.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @A-tak-nid @Azibo @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Smudge8 @ZippyWharrgarbl @Sparticus147

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

"Dume's office...just how many people were there? You know what, nevermind, actually."

Nale looked around at the village being reinforced by refugees from the head. "I guess when you know what happened, one group of people went to where Po-Koro got set up, and another went here. Hopefully we can strengthen the link between them," she said, then looked to Knichou. "People are stronger together."

@BULiK

IC: Rose - Sans' Hut

Noticing Sala, the Toa of Fire said, "Oh, right. You were with that guy back there that fixed us up." Rose turned to Mega. "Went to the swamps, some bad stuff happened. Nothing major, honestly."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid@Sparticus147

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Sala turned toward the toa of light and the toa of fire, looking between the two as they spoke, "Me? Oh I didn't do anything, I was just there as a bystander more or less, but I am glad to see that both of you are feeling better. Speaking of which, I never got your names I don't think nor you got mine I believe, I'm Sala, chronicler." Sala put his hand out to the two toa to shake, waiting for a reply.

OOC: @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Dane-gerous

Making her way back into the walls of Metru-Koro, Vulimai dismissed the two guards that were with her and once again ensured that both of them that neither were to share what they heard. Taking a brief moment to once again regain her bearings, Vulimai briefly thought to head to her office and simply wait the whole thing out, but she knew better than that and proceeded to head to the other airship, the Taku, to hopefully see what they can offer in terms of defense.

OOC: @Eyru @BULiK

IC: Boss and Shagrak | The Ash Barrens, border of

Boss felt the briefest flicker of success as his war rig switched from the rails for sand driving to the treads and wheels used on more solid terrain. Someday the Wastes would be solid ground again. He could count on himself to make it happen. The great sandworm continued to bore its way through the rock and earth of the border with the Ash Barrens, but then turned back as it reached the border of its own territory. Shagrak did not leave the deserts of the Wastes, it seemed. Boss inwardly congratulated himself, then cursed as he heard another war rig sounding off the danger horn.

In the haze caused on the horizon line by the heat of the lava rivers lay a crumpled shape, and something larger flying away. It took Boss a moment to get in range to actually look closely, and when he did he wished he couldn’t. The eyeless groveling skakdi on the ground was the least of his worries. He cared about the thing flying away.

“From the frying pan into the fire,” Boss grumbled with a scowl. Shagrak, the sandworm god of the mesi and scourge of surface dwellers, was impossible to beat even for his raiders. He knew his warskaks could handle something like a rahi-nui. 

Probably.

Something in his gut made him think it wasn't just a rahi-nui though. Nothing about today turned out as it seemed on first glance.

OOC: @Conway, @Burnmad, @Nato the Traveler, @Sparticus147

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Streets

Knichou mulled over Nale's words as the strange quartet continued to stroll through the town.

"Perhaps... but I'll admit, there is a benefit to not putting everyone's eggs in one basket. People may be stronger together, but they are also more indecisive, and the wrong move could be dangerous for them all. I worry the League may see the benefits of consolidation - now that there are less warlords to bicker amongst themselves, those that are left have more power and could be more dangerous because of it."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra bowed her head politely in response to Kat's enthusiasm. Disembarking from the Taku yet remaining behind as Knichou and company made their way into the settlement, Iradra soon spotted Taja hiding in the airship's shade, approaching her gently before speaking in her characteristic calming voice.

"Taja, do you wish to go elsewhere? Perhaps to your house? Or if not there, my own house isn't far from here. It should provide ample shade if nothing else."

@Eyru@The UltimoScorp

IC: Skyra Daring - Metru-koro -

Skyra shook off the rather loud noise that had been someone's stupid vehicle, they really needed to fix that horn, it sounded odd. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:57 PM, ~Xemnas~ said:

“Refugees from Metru-Nui! I have come seeking a Toa by the name of Stannis. If he is in the village, let it be known that Aurax wishes to speak with him.”

Who the heck? Skyra made her way over to the outside of the village to find Stannis standing with some sketchy looking guy. "Hey Stannis...is this guy bugging you? Do you want me to kick his ###?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Keitara (Making new friends at Sans')

Keitara shook the proffered hand.  "A pleasure to meet you, Chronicler. My name is Keitara-" Kei suddenly felt her thoughts derail. There was something else that was supposed to go there. It had been important, she knew from the ache in her chest. 

"...Toa of Light" she finished slightly melancholically. "Forgive me, I've had an accident of some kind. Aside from the one you healed me from, that is. My memory is... not what it used to be." She chuckled dryly.

"But enough about myself. Chronicler, eh? No wonder your companion was so curious about us. Somebody like that could find no better traveling companion than a Chronicler!"

Kei smiled with genuine warmth, awaiting Sala's response.

(OOC: @Sparticus147 @Tarn @Dane-gerous)

20220406_234727.jpg

"Heh, too be honest, I'm happy that I found him, especially since he saved my life in our first meeting. In addition to that, it has only been thanks to Sorilax that a village has been formed in the Fau Swamp, Le-Metru Nuva it is called. We're actually here trying to get either a trade route or at least an evacuation plan for the village." Sala stood there proudly as he gestured towards his friend Sorilax before looking down, his hand on his chin in unintentional mimicry of Sorilax as a recurring thought wriggled its way back into his head. "Huh, I still need to tell Sorilax about the ghekula."

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Dane-gerous

Finally arriving at the Taku, Vulimai saw the airship parked outside the gates and two toa standing within the shade. As Vulimai approached the two toa, Vulimai took note that one appeared to be a toa of light and the other a toa of...earth, "Toa, do either of you two own this airship or know who owns this airship?"

OOC: @Eyru @Onaku

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Vulimai because why not.

IC: Keitara (Wholesome Conversation Hours)

"Le-Metru Nuva? An air village in the swamp, that sounds fantastic. I've some business in that area, come to that. Perhaps I could be of some assistance if the aid of a Toa is needed? Though..." Keitara trailed off for a moment. "...though perhaps it might be better that I get some aid regarding my missing memories first."

Realizing how this might sound, the flustered Toa hurriedly added "Not to say my own needs are greater than those of your village! It's just that, well, it seems that the loss of my memories includes the loss of the training and control of my elemental powers. And also... well, I know there is more I could be doing to help. I can feel it in my bones, my hands. But... my mind cannot remember."

Kei nearly hung her head in shame. But, she reminded her self. this is a crisis. And I am a Toa. Now more than ever the matoran need to be able to trust in us.

"What I mean to say is," she said, once more meeting the Chronicler's gaze "If I can be of assistance to whatever plan you can negotiate with Turaga Sans or any of the others, it would be my pleasure."

(OOC: @Sparticus147 @Tarn @Dane-gerous)

20220406_234727.jpg

Looking back at Keitara, Sala gave the toa a reassuring smile, trying his best to help the toa's nerve. "Well, I suppose even toa have their own problems to deal with, but your assurance is appreciated nonetheless. But I have a question, you mentioned earlier that now wasn't a good time, why is that?"

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Dane-gerous @Tarn

IC: Keitara (Hard Truth Hours)

There it was. The Elephant's Foot in the room. The back of Kei's throat felt dry as it had during her stint of radiological poisoning. Well, no point in drawing things out. No amount of damage from this admission now could be greater than the potential future fallout from an omission of this size.

"Well... how shall I put this. The sickness you helped heal us from, it... well, it wasn't a disease. It was more like a poisoning. Not due to any minreal or pharmacoepial compound, but rather to an exotic form of energy. I... I acted out of desparation, thinking I was protecting my friends from a rahi attack. However..." 

Kei had to pause to collect herself, lest the tumultuous emotions from earlier pull her back into the sea of fear and sadness. "...it seems all I did was put everybody in more danger. The light I created was poisonous. Like a sunburn, only able to pass through flesh and armor. Doing damage to both with its passage. It... is likely not something I could survive producing again, nor would I desire to. It was the product of a lack of elemental control."

She forced herself to hold eye contact with Sala, even though it was not her usual preference during conversation. "It seems my actions damaged not just my friends, but perhaps the land there itself. That is why I must return. And, more importantly, that is why I feel it vital to have whatever is keeping me from my memories dealt with. I'd... I could never, ever forgive myself if something like that were to happen to Le-Metru Nuva."

She paused to take a breath, maintaining her composure. 

"This... understandably is something I would prefer be kept somewhat private. As I said before, I owe you both greatly. And from what I have seen and heard from the two of you it seemed that the most valuable gift I had to trade is information."

(OOC: @Sparticus147 @Tarn @Dane-gerous)

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Sans' Hut

Having delivered her warning, and more pressing matters having come up, the Fa-Matoran stepped outside the hut, patting Zsann on the back as an indicator to follow.

She stood outside for a few moments, cigarette smoke coming out as she took a drag.

OOC: @A-tak-nid

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro

"Your mind had to go to the scary stuff, huh? I don't think that should scare the villages away from working together, just look what happened to Po-Koro. Every odd against us--wouldn't hurt to have some unity." Nale turned away and played with her HUD for a moment, optics scanning across the crowds. "I think I kinda agree, though. The more people making a decision, the longer it'll take to come to some sort of resolution. But that's also more heads, more people to chip in their own thoughts, and by the end of it say, 'Maybe this isn't a good idea.' Like a council, or something."

"At the very least," Triage interjected, "some actual medical centers might be a good idea for both settlements. God knows we're in desperate need of some hospitals around here."

@BULiK@Nato the Traveler

IC: Rose - Sans' Hut

Rose didn't shake hands with Sala, not out of rudeness but because just above her hand was a flamethrower, and it probably wouldn't be the best idea to aim the business end of it at an innocent for the sake of being polite. Plus, at her height, she'd kind of have to bend over...

"Name's Rose," she replied, then went quiet to let Keitara speak. The Toa of Fire noticed Mega and her Skakdi friend leaving and gave a small wave. Nice lady. Weird accent.

@Dane-gerous@TL01 NUVA@Sparticus147@A-tak-nid

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 - In transit:

The machine stood on the back of the large 4-wheeled vehicle, announcing directions to it its allies to guide it to what would be the Po-metru disc location like a large heavily-armed GPS. With any luck and the knowledge they had obtained the group would make it to their destination without issue.

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn@Onaku@~Xemnas~@Harvali

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

Noticing the intense stare her liege was displaying, Ysocla followed her gaze out towards the giant head, the structure blocking out a large portion of the horizon. Not wanting to feed the raging fire brewing in Yumiwak, she elected to engage with the words spoken rather than the action taken.

In a society that’s existed for so long with multiple bands of people in conflict, it’s not a stretch to think there might have been some changes in the land’s structure,” she surmised. “That’s especially the case for a society where the different bands have Tahtorak in their possession.” The indigo skakdi shuffled her position on the railing, facing a bit more towards Yumiwak. “I will admit I’m not much of an expert on our history; it wasn’t really a subject my parents elected to teach me. The closest thing to history I learned was the occasional fable and some tales of those who came before us skakdi.” Ysocla’s usual frown became more pronounced at the mention of her parents, but she maintained her pleasant conversational tone. “How do your ancestors describe this island? I’m curious as to how it’s changed since their time.”

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

3 minutes ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro

"At the very least," Triage interjected, "some actual medical centers might be a good idea for both settlements. God knows we're in desperate need of some hospitals around here."

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"Healing is one of the powers my kind can bestow," she spoke up, trying to sound casual, "Just something to think about." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro

Triage tensed up, as if he'd forgotten Whisper was around, and turned to the Aspect. "Uh, yeah, I'll...think about it."
If the means of getting those healing powers was anything like what happened to Taja, the medic preferred the idea of sticking to traditional forms of medicine. "I'll have to talk with the settlements' respective leaders, see what they think about building hospitals. It would require some heavy lifting, and hiring staff, and..."

@Nato the Traveler@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zsann, leaving Sans' hut

With Mega leaving, Zsann briefly nodded towards the room as a means of bidding farewell, though when she noticed Rose waving, she also waved back to the toa after a minute pause.

When she finally left the hut, and emerged next to Mega, Zsann dared to let out a slightly grumbly sigh.
"S-so. Much. T-t-tal-talking."

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Tarn

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

The medic didn't sound convinced, but Whisper kept her silence for now. These people sounded as if they feared attack, and once their people began to die, perhaps they would understand the necessity of sacrifice... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Streets

"You're right Nale - the alliance between the settlements is what matters - both in strengthening trade, mutual defense, and each village's facilities," Knichou interrupted, looking to Triage on that last point with a face that said 'Sorry for cutting you off, but I really don't want to talk about logistics right now'. The Toa of iron was not sure how to respond to Whisper, so he didn't.

"I suppose I was thinking too much about physically uniting the villages - the potential evacuation of Po-Koro after that raider attack is still on my mind. As far as a council goes - when it comes to village politics, I'd choose reliability over expedience most of the time. Too much power in the hands of one person - all it takes is a stray bullet for everything to come crashing down."

Knichou quickly corrected himself.

"Oh right. Happy thoughts. Umm..."

Knichou trailed off, clearly at a loss for what subject to change the conversation to that wasn't related to the depressing state of the world at large.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Zai - Zakaz, The Tactical Panda II

The Ta-Skakdi breathed in deep, the dulled sound of the airship in flight echoing in her head. She'd usually be right by Yumi's side in flight, but for once she didn't feel the need.

Instead, she sat in her own room, thinking the coming events over.

Her room was fairly minimalist in look. Zai didn't have much of note to display besides her growing collection of sharp weapons. A sword hung by her bed, sheathed in a ceremonial scabbard.

She didn't normally feel the need to come in, except to sleep.

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Outside Sans' Hut

She laughed.

"We'll be back on the road in no time at all, lovely."

It was only then that she spotted the Taku having landed.

There was a grin inching across her face.

OOC: @A-tak-nid

• Like 1

OOC | Backstory collaboratively made with @Xemnas 

11 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

"Look, Pridak's an cool dude. He got us into this whole mess, and now he thinks that attacking the refugees is somehow going to make him feel better. I think his decision-making skills have gone a bit downhill. I want him gone, and so do you. Come with me and help me kill him. I can bring you before him under the guise of bringing you in for execution. When he's distracted, we strike. And if you help me and we pull it off, I'll guarantee the safety of the refugees. ####, I'll even let them back into Metru-Nui if they want."

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"You do?" Stannis said with incredulity in his tone that bordered upon mocking, veiled only thinly by the veneer of grandfatherly culture and politesse. 

"Hey Stannis... is this guy bugging you? Do you want me to kick his ###?" Skyra piped up from behind the old man. Her sudden arrived elicited a broad smile on his face, although he was still eying Aurax carefully and didn't even think to waver his gaze from the League lieutenant. 

"Skyra—I am gladdened to hear your voice," he said without turning. Perhaps Kanohi's vision was not about her and her companion after all, although her simple presence in Metru Koro hinted that Waveahk's expedition did not bear the fruit of good news. Something had happened, but the time to learn about it was not yet. "Toa Aurax—" he said the word with an indiscernible emotion "—is not bugging me... no... Not that, not ever. If he wanted my life he could have had it by now. Aurax is here to talk with me, and talking is something... that... we should have done a long, long time ago.

"... Isn't it?" he said, a sorrowful look in his usually damnably confounding pearly eyes. He looked mournful as he remembered when things were different, when he saw Aurax in a better light many years before. Aurax was a matoran the last time they laid eyes on each other. Sure, the Wanderer knew enough about Aurax as the left hand to Lord Pridak and a devious adversary in the war, yet that was only the last couple chapters of the man's life story. Before Aurax was a heretic and enemy he was a villager and... a friend. 

Stannis recalled when a scared matoran on the run from his past came the shores of Maru Nui in search of refuge. He wasn't the most affable of people at first, but he was smart and knowledgable and was eager to be put to work, but his earnestness was quickly souring to despondency as he was turned away by anyone he solicited. The other Toa Maru were hesitant at first as well but it was Stannis the conciliator who stuck his nape out for the refugee engineer, and as a result Aurax was given Duty on the island. His challenge was to simply help others and improve the village's ways of life. Not a word was spoken of his past or of where he came from, and for all Aurax knew the secrets of his criminal past were safe. 

But they weren't. Through means unbeknownst to Aurax Stannis learned the truth: Aurax was an ex-Nynrah Ghost, exiled from the guild's island for unforgivable inventions, and had deceived his former peers by appearing to have died. Everyone had failed to realize that Aurax had not come to Maru Nui to bury his past but his tracks instead. Despite the deception, Stannis kept this knowledge to himself until the others had chosen to retire and become turaga, thereby conjuring new toa stones with which to raise a future team of heroes when the time required them. The engineer who had seemingly selflessly labored to better his fellows expected to be gifted one of those precious talismans, vainly believing his slaving away made him deserving of the title of toa, but the offer never came. In one of Stannis' last acts on the island he shared with the Maru the story—the true story—of Aurax, and in doing so killed any chance of a stone being handed to him.

The jig was up and he was seen for what he really was, an ambitious, conniving, charismatic reprobate on the prowl for power.  Word would eventually come to Stannis that Aurax stole a toa stone and left Maru Nui in the dust, turning his back on principles and meaningful existence in favor of an easy apotheosis. For all the shame those actions wrought, none felt it more deeply than Stannis—in his earnestness to contain the damages he foresaw he hid the truth until it was too late, choosing inaction over active assistance. He could have spent more time to educate Aurax, using knowledge and wisdom to pierce his selfishness and maybe, just maybe, make an upstanding matoran who perhaps could eventually become deserving of toafication, but he didn't. He didn't intervene or show caring, not until he was on his way out of the land himself. 

Aurax was more than just a cautionary tale against avarice and greed, it was the tale of one of Stannis' greatest failures. For all his knowledge and wisdom he had failed to prevent the empowerment of a monster. 

He blinked the tears away before they formed. 

No, this was a matter between he and his former ward. "Thank you for offering, Toa Skyra, but as I told the guard captain before you, I am fine."

IC Leklo | Ruins of Ice

"Brother Kor," Leklo's voice hesitated slightly, "what if the key to opening the door is channeling the Three Virtues through us?"

He drew a sword out and held it against his hand.

"By giving the bowl our blood?"

• Like 2