Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ollem - Suva of Stone (7, 8)

Nothing.

Well, he felt nothing, anyway. He reached up and touched his mask to confirm that it hadn't changed without his noticing. It had not.

That was alright. He'd had a feeling that nothing would happen. For one, it seemed like there was something to this place-- some riddle that needed answering. For two, he was a Matoran. He wasn't sure anything would happen even if they got the Suva 'working'. Whatever that might entail.

But clearly, it was supposed to 'work' in some way. The image of the Toa had her mask changing when she laid her hand on the Suva. That couldn't just be a coincidence.

He got down on his knees and stuck his hands into the sand, and began to scoop the countless grains out of the way. Maybe there was something going on with the floor, here.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

IC: Keitara

It felt like wading through a sea of quicksand or mire. The being who had once been Keitara, who had once known the toa standing before her, slowly fought her way free.

She fought, tooth and nail, to pull herself out of her dissociation and back into the here and now. Knichou's arrival may have rocked her world to its very core,  but it had also given her another thing to fight for. She'd made new friends that day, just in the short time she could recall. More than that, she was a Ghost, one of the greatest craftsbeings to ever exist (at least that was what her scattered and lost memories told her.)

She was at a crossroads. She could take time to recover herself, nobody would blame her for it she was sure. Or...

Knichou had said she had been his pupil. He had called them friends, even. Something fluttered within her. Determination. Knichou had taught her, said she died defending Nynrah. 

Something within her wanted to make her teacher, her friend, proud. It might be inane to think that after just meeting, but...

Kei was scared, most of all by how she had handled the day's events. She kept breaking down at every bad turn, every mistake. She couldn't afford that, not when the situation was so dire. She needed to dig deep inside herself. 

She had simply accepted the title of Toa, without fully considering its connotations. She was sure that all of her fellows were in just as desperate a situation,  maybe even worse. 

She could not help them if she wasn't able to help herself.

Tears still in her eyes, she looked up at Knichou's concerned face. Her resolve hardened. She felt like she needed something right now, some small thing to anchor her drifting self to while she built up her streingth, her new foundations. Someone or something had given her new life. She'd not waste it.

She stood to her feet, holding herself steady against the small sobs still shaking her. Kei was uncomfortably aware of all the eyes around and upon her, but she fought against the renewed wave of anxiety. 

Once again, she met Knichou's eyes. Setting her jaw, she asked "I guess you know my strengths better than I do, sir. How can I be of assistance?"

(OOC: @BULiK)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi approached the edge of the pit, as a lump of ore levitated out of it, before falling in a pile by the edge. The Fe-Matoran peered down at the Turaga and spoke quietly. “Hello, Tu— Tobduk, how goes things?

Jovan flinched at his interruption, before answering, “it … is coming. I … I am sorry I am not strong enough to lead.”

Neither am I,” admitted Kanohi and Jovan winced, “Sorry, I mean I do not think I am strong enough to lead either. I don’t think anyone left is. All we can do is support each other now. Even if it’s just with our companionship.

”…It is a fairly rich vein of Protodermis,” Jovan admitted, “there it iron ore nearby too, we can … our smiths can use that for simpler things.”

That is good. Thank you, Tobduk,“ Kanohi said, “I … I will leave you to this, but I will ask our smiths to collect the ore you found, to start forging. Thank you, the ore you found will help Po-Koro.” He … could not bother the Turaga more, he could see Jovan was unsettled by his very presence. He was too overwhelming. So Kanohi walked away, to continue his rounds of the village.

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

I fear I am not the best at puzzles,” muttered Mahrika, as she looked over the inscriptions, “I grow, I fall, I live, I die, I rise, I shrink? I … live and die are opposites, but grow and fall? Rise and shrink? I mean sorta but, they don’t exactly fit. Oh, maybe they go with different phrases? Grow goes with shrink, rise with fall, and they are on opposite sides. The first is paired with the sixth, the second with the fifth, and the third with the second. Ollem, what do you think that means?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

IC “Collector” The Ruins of Stone

Collector followed after Atamai, avoiding his face. “Toa Atamai, I fear I was unclear. I am confused. How do the Principles and Strategies relate to the Virtues? And what is the Principle of Creation and the Strategy of Skill? I … fear my lack of knowledge may weaken our ability to solve the puzzle.” They had not yet noticed the figures carved into the wall. 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone

The Toa of Gravity stood up, a rock still in his hand. After a moment of deliberation, the proverbial lightstone appeared above his head. Jutori gave little attention to the carvings, moving instead to the podium. "Well, you guys can keep doing what you're doing, but I've had an idea and I'd like to test it," he said, then gestured to the bowl. "This has to be here for a reason, right? Maybe, it's as simple as..." he placed the rock in his hand in the bowl, then backed away slightly, like he expected something to happen instantaneously.

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

”Hmm? Oh, sorry,” said Atamai. “Sometimes I get caught up in things. You know of the Three Virtues, right? Unity, Duty, Destiny? Well, traditionally, there are also Principles that are derived from each Virtue. To be specific, three Principles are derived from three individual Virtues, and the other three Principles are derived from combinations of two Virtues. The Principle of Creation is one of those, being derived from Unity and Destiny. 
“There are also concepts called Skills; there are six of them in total, and unlike the Principles, each Skill is derived from just one Principle. The Skill of Strategy is derived from the Principle of Creation. Each Virtue, Principle, and Skill has its own symbol, so when I was looking at the rocks earlier I was kind of hoping they would have those symbols carved on them. Apparently I was wrong.”

Atamai looked at the carvings on the wall. “Some of these carvings seem to be representing rituals of some kind, though I don’t think they have any relevance to the Unity, Creation, and Strategy.”

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut

Knichou shifted his grip to Keitara's hand and helped her rise, as the Fe-Toa stood up himself. He was unsure what to say - Keitara was recovering from her catatonic state, but Knichou didn't know how much she really remembered, or how to even tell how much she remembered. At the very least, Keitara believed him, which was good. Whether she would still trust him after he told her more about her past, Knichou could not guess.

"I... I don't know. I still need to talk to Sans, but I should be heading to my ship when that's done. Whenever you're ready, you can join me there, along with any of your friends who are willing to join us in the upcoming battle. By then I'll have a plan for that, I'm sure of it. Once we're there we can talk about our upcoming plans... and I can say a bit more about what you don't remember."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They had no eyes to close, but the sensation was similar. They turned inward. Their mind reached out. They spoke without words.

Enter the broken temple," they said to Falh. Hopefully the newborn had followed them as commanded, or this would make little sense. Stone and fire beckon.

They returned their senses to the chamber. Rising tensions. Brandished weapons. Bared teeth. The basin in the centre of the room bubbled and hissed. All around, shadows flickered. Ready to act. To pierce. To kill. But that was unnecessary. They had been called. The gong had been struck. Now they knew, with every ounce of their essence, that they were trapped here by fate. Three and three. Locked within the ancient shrine. Only the worthy would be allowed to leave. As for the unworthy? They were the bones on the floor.

They loped forward to stand between the Aspects and the mortals. They raised a long-fingered hand. Tendrils of plant life hung from their scalp, hiding their face. No eyes to read. No mouth to see. But the posture was unmistakable. Stop. Let us talk

We were called," they said simply. Their low voice hung in the air like smoke. "And we have come." 

Their eyeless face moved slowly from one being to the next. "We have no... quarrel with you. Our business... is only with the one who summoned us. The ringer... of the gong."

OOC: @everyone in the Ruins of Fire. You know who you are. Also @Dane-gerous, who will likely join us soon.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 3

Alright,” Mahrika nodded, before approaching each pillar one at a time before moving to the Suva, her telescopic lens attempting to magnify the details. She was no mask maker, had never crafted with Protodermis only plant fibers, though Vokarda of course had. She had been a machinist once, learned from some of the bigger Koros, and had even built Mahrika’s telescopic lens. 

Mahrika winced at her own ignorance, she did not really get the puzzle. Shrink and grew were touching as the first and sixth point, as were live and lie, but rise and fall were separated. Now the pillars did line up across from their partner, but it … ugh, Vokarda was much better at figuring out where stuff went.

Vokarda, what am I supposed to do?” The Kraata merely massaged her spine, offering no other advice. But then Vokarda seemed to prod the Ga-Matoran‘s neck past the Suva. She turned, but nothing was there. Mahrika sighed, before a thought reached her. She waddled over to the Suva, and attempted to push it, like Vokarda pushing her neck to look around. 

Unity and Destiny make creation,” mused Collector, “and creation makes strategy. I see.” They did not. “Could you make the symbols with those rocks though? Perhaps use them like chalk to draw them? If the Principle of Creation is involved, perhaps you needed to create something with them?

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

The three Toa began walking. The sun was easier on Taja's eyes the lower it sank, and she breathed a sigh of relief when it finally started to dip behind the giant head, casting its shadow over Metru-Koro. Lightstones installed on the sides of huts and above doors began to glow, pushing back the twilight. The blue of the eastern sky was beginning to deepen, although no stars could yet be seen. True sunset was still a few hours away.

The huts had been shored up and built stronger even in the short time she'd been gone. Crude dwellings had been shaped into more aesthetically pleasing shapes: they were more huts now than shacks. Lightstones perched atop slender iron rods that were planted into the ground, creating lanterns along the street. The street itself could now properly be called a street instead of a dirt path: some Toa of Stone or Earth had replaced the loose sand with soil and set cobblestones into it. This new road wound through the Koro with offshoots branching off here and there, eventually leading to a village square where Turaga Sans's hut could be found. Metru-Koro was now more a village than a shantytown. That made it all the more precious, and made it all the more necessary that the League's attack be stopped. Pridak already had Metru-Nui. They couldn't give him Metru-Koro too.

Their destination was not the village square. They turned aside to follow the road to the edge of the Koro, where the cobblestones stopped abruptly, leaving them to walk again on dusty ground. The greenhouses were here, constructed of metal frames and huge panels of glass. Outside the buildings, the earth was brown and sandy, and what few things grew were pale and scraggly. Inside, however, they saw fertile soil instead, rich and black. Out of this loam grew an abundance of plants, lush and green and dripping with water. Colourful fruits hung here and there, the evidence of some Bo-Toa's hard work. These were Metru-Koro's greenhouses, shining jewels of the desert.

"Well," Taja said. "We're here."

OOC: @The UltimoScorp @Onaku

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro Greenhouses

"I've talked to one of the botanists here before, a bo-skakdi named Zadred. She told me they've been doing some work with cloth fibre producing plants." Stepping inside, the change in atmosphere was all too apparent as they went from the cool and dry air of the afternoon steppes to the warmth and humidity inside the greenhouse, the scents of all the various flora dominating their olfactory senses as they breathed it all in. From behind the multitude of plant life stepped a Matoran of that very element, one wearing a Kakama who seemed quite immersed in his work tending to the greenery.

"Excuse me, is Zadred in here?" Iradra asked, the Matoran turning from his work to look at the toa standing inside the greenhouse with him. "Oh, you must be Toa Iradra! No, I'm afraid Zadred's out at the moment, but you can talk to me if there's anything you need. Name's Kargon. How can I help?"

Iradra sighed and nodded. "Well, we came here looking for some cloth fibres we heard you guys were working with. Is there a chance I could get my hands on some of it?"

"Ah..." The matoran seemed to become little flustered. "Yes, we have been working with cloth fibre plants, but I'm afraid we've so far only been producing enough to cover our own needs. The last batch has already been processed, you see." Kargon ducked behind one of the shelves, pulling out a large green bag. "We've been using them for bags to transport materials between the greenhouses and to other parts of the settlement. Now, maybe when we've expanded a bit we can start producing them on a large enough scale to start supplying other sectors with them, but at the moment it's all going into these."

Iradra's shoulders slumped a bit, her head tilting down a bit in defeat. Kargon picked up on her dejected body language, scratching his chin, before sighing and shaking his head. "Alright. Don't tell anyone about this, but I can give you some bags. About... three of them." Ducking down again, he pulled out two more bags, handing them over to Iradra. "O-oh! Thank you! But... I'm afraid that might still not be enough for what I need these for." Kargon sighed, once again scratching his chin thoughtfully.

"Well... If it's cloth you need, you might be able to talk to the Mahi herder who came into town yesterday. Be careful around him though, I hear he had quite the ordeal getting here from Po-Koro. It's a bit of a longshot, really, but I'd say it's the best shot you have." Judging by her body language, Iradra seemed to, almost literally, lighten up, bowing deeply in gratitude. "Thank you so much, Kargon! You have been of immense help!"

@Eyru@The UltimoScorp

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 2

IC: Keitara ( Pulling herself together)

Kei nodded at the Fe-Toa. "I'll be there, and I'll see if I can scare anybody else up. Where can I find your ship, and what traits should I be looking for in friends to bring along?"

(OOC: @BULiK)

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut

"We're parked outside the North gate, it'll be hard to miss. As far as allies go - anyone who is willing and able to fight can come aboard. Depending on how the League attacks, we'll be able to drop them off quickly to the part of the front that needs them the most, so the more we have, the more people can exploit the positioning advantage my ship will give them."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

There was a long moment of silence as the two toa brooded. It didn't last forever; IV popped its head out of the Muaka, warbling. Skorm rolled his eyes and smirked, pushing the fohrok-va's head back into the vehicle. "Just run diagnostics and make sure the car is running at full capacity; if we need to get out of here, we need to get out."

Skorm pushed himself off the frame, sharply exhaling to clear his head. Softly, he whispered to IV, "Calibrate expected rider weight for two toa and a zyglak, just in case."

Drawing himself up, the Twi-Toa approached Tekmo. "Okay, what are we doing?

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Kaylus (Ruins of Fire)

Kaylus felt it. He wasn't just inside; he was trapped. Even if he vacated his armor, the threshold was as impermeable a barrier as a glass bottle was to an insect. Briefly, the Aspect felt panic.

Trap. Death. Void.

The panic passed soon, settling into cold confidence. He had walked into a trap, yes, but he had an adage: evolve or die. And at least he wouldn't be able to be held again like this. He strode forward, cloaking himself in darkness; his clanking form might not be stealthy, but he could at least make an entrance. From the antechamber ahead he heard shouting. Stepping forward out of the hallway, Kaylus crossed his arms when he saw the hostile Aspect, as well as several skakdi (one not native to the island, by their external spine) and... a most fascinating tailed creature.

"Well, don't stop on my account. Though before you all tear each other to pieces, I would like to know who summoned us with that gong, as well as why I can't leave."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

Now that Navu was inside, Yaushe switched to using her softer "voice", her words blowing soft and airy out of the air conditioner. Cleverly, she covered this up with, "Uh, I'll switch to my... inside... voice."

Foolproof.

"That sounds really serious. How long ago was this? I can... well, I can't, uh, leave the van, but I can ask someone to go get the murderer out of your house... were these separate things that happened, or...?"

• Like 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Zsann, Outside the hut, in good company

Zsann returned the smile, albeit in a slightly toothier version, and gave Mega a gentle pat on the shoulder. The matoran's cough was starting to worry her - maybe she should talk to her about it at some point. But not here, not now.

The Skakdi turned her attention to the Toa.
"Y-y-ou c-could als-so s-stay with u-u-us", she suggested, an almost cheerful tone in her voice.

OOC: @Tarn @Dane-gerous

• Like 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

"We should scout the western frontier for any sign of approaching airships, as Captain Vulimai suggested. While we allegedly have two days, I believe it best to be cautious. And yes, I know, it technically involves leaving the village, but... its more about leaving it geographically, rather than leaving it altogether. First, however, we should inform the others that our departure will only be temporary."

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Yaushe)

Navu took a deep breath before beginning. "Yesterday, I met this Toa called Datrox. He didn't have anywhere to stay for the night, so I offered him to stay at my place."

"The next day, I wake up, he's not there. People from the League have shown up to... 'negotiate', apparently, and I see Datrox and another Toa named Falh are questioning one of the League's representatives outside the Turaga's hut. After they leave, Falh... he looks ill. Datrox asks me if he can stay at my place like he did, so I bring him there for a drink of water and a lie down. He asks for a medic, so I try to go find one while Datrox looks over him..."

"When I come back... they're fighting, just outside me house. When Datrox sees me, he's distracted - and Falh freezes him completely with his ice powers. He tells me that he'll be fine if I run away. He lies. When I finally muster up the courage to come back when no-one will help me... Falh's taken Datrox - still frozen - inside, and there's something else in there with him. A... biped, for lack of any better words, body covered in moss. They make... some sort of deal. I don't know how to explain it, but... Falh cuts out Datrox's heart, and... and..." Navu couldn't bring herself to finish.

@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Well, I rang the gong, so, sorry about that. I don't know why you can't leave, though."

@Keeper of Kraata@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

The sound of the piece of slate rock dropping into the bowl was amplified by its parabolic shape and echoed off of the walls. The sound took a second or two to fade and it felt to Jutori as if something was going to happen, but it didn’t. Something was still missing.

Atamai briefly glanced over his shoulder from where he was drawing symbols below the writing on the wall to see if there was an effect, but continued when nothing happened. He set the edge of the piece of slate against the wall again and continued the drawing process, only for the rock he was using to shatter. The slate was very brittle and in fact wore away much quicker than the rock wall did as it scraped against it. A short while and several broken pieces of slate later, Atamai was done and stepped back, next to Collector and Jutori who were flanking the pedestal with the bowl, to admire his handiwork. They were indeed the corresponding symbols to Unity, Creation and Strategy, but aside from looking nice underneath the Matoran phrases, there was no effect. 

OOC: @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Harvali @Onaku  

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

The Skakdi sighed and closed the crate holding the bike back up again. “Sorry, friend. Can’t do much without a name. You gotta give me that much.”

With that, he locked the crate, shrugged and returned to his hoarder’s paradise shop, waiting to see who else was gonna grace him with a visit in this strange, strange week. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: [Ostrox - Tranquility, above ruins of Po-MetruSculpture fields]

The bolt shot away from the side of the ship, it’s crackling energy field expanding steadily as it got further and further away. They had aimed squarely for the center mass of the statue, but at this distance, the bolt deviated slightly as it traveled and only clipped the statue in its side. Where it did, it seemed to rob the sculpture of its structural integrity and it half crumbled, half exploded as the bolt struck its side and then fizzled out, its destructive energy dissipated. The Vahki was about to report that the target was still standing, when the statue began to lean, the outstretched arm holding its weapon aloft now too much to bear with part of its torso missing, and it cracked starting at the crescent impact site, before collapsing in on itself in a cloud of dust and debris, leaving only the socket with a plaque reading Toa Naho - beloved champion.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Huh, yeah it can be done,” a Su-Matoran muttered as he examined the incomplete telescopic lens, “we don’t have the time to work on it, and I don’t think we could spare the Protodermis, but if you want to help get the iron ore, I could help you forge some of the parts.

Kanohi nodded and bowed low, before walking away from the makeshift forge. Su-Matoran and Ta-Matoran worked together to craft the metal, smelting down what Protodermis Jovan had already dug up. Kanohi hesitated as he walked away, saying, “would you … would you like any help making regeneration disks? I … I am clumsy, but I know some of the basics.

Sure, any help is good. Make it easier for me to spend time helping with the lens.” Kanohi nodded in thanks before hesitating, he … he was stalling, didn’t want to disturb Jovan again. The Turaga had suffered enough without Kanohi bothering him with demands.

Still he … he needed to take care of Vakama’s last gift. He walked off, heading towards Jovan as his fingers clenched his staff tight.

Um, okay, so this Suva can spin around,” Mahrika interrupted as she flopped against the Suva, panting from the exhaustion, “Cordak, I should have … should have been lifting weights, I’m out of shape. Ollem, right? We are gonna need to push this together. Well, once we figure out where to move it.” As she slumped down she pushed her arms against the sand and dust at the Suva’s base, absentminded as she cleared the debris. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad I won’t lie, I kind of wanted the Suva not to move, to show what happens when Vokarda’s “advice” doesn’t work

Collector scowled, “Of course, I should have known better. My apologies for wasting our time and resources.” They should know better to rely on something so … illogical. Still, they had not seen those symbols before, and peered to study them. As they stared at the wall they noted to Jutori, “That bowl sounded louder than I would have expected, though it failed to affect anything. Could it be weight-sensitive? 

“It’s fine, it was a good idea.”

Atamai looked back at the pedestal. 
“You know what...” he said as he picked the rock back out of the pedestal. He took a couple more of the soft rocks in his hands. On one he carved the symbol of Unity, on the second he carved the symbol of Creation, and on the third he carved the symbol of Strategy. He dropped the rocks into the bowl...

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro

Triage smiled back at Zsann. "Yeah, you guys too," he said. Mega's group was certainly less dramatic than the captain's buddies. The medic looked behind the pair towards Yaushe, his smile turning into confusion as he noticed a Matoran climb into her. "Uh...what's going on with your van friend?"

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ostrox (Po-Metru Airspace, Sculpture Fields, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

"AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! YEEEEES! A little inaccurate but YEEEEEEEEES!!!" He wanted to spin in his chair but it wasn't a swivel one. Ostrox was so overjoyed, he almost didn't want to kill Ehlek. Almost.

He turned to address the first officer Vahki. "How soon until we can fire again? I presume there is some sort of cool down period."

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Skakdi Camp)

"Right then. We should be off." With the seven Skaklets being carried among them, Gnabol began heading off in the direction of the Aqua Sphere, with Mazor presumably following him.

@Unreliable Narrator@Smudge8

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

The inscribed rock dropped into the bowl with the same echoey sound as before, but this time, as it faded, another sound could be heard. A deep hum of a two-note melody sounded from everywhere and nowhere at once, then faded away into nothing.

At the same time, dust fell from the omega shape, as the inside recessed a bit before revealing itself to be not just a carving, but a doorway.

“The Administrator welcomes you. Names please.” a voice spoke up, in the same elusive way as its start up melody. 

OOC: @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @pokemonlover360 @Harvali @Onaku  Congratulations!

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Keitara ( Outside the Sans' Hut Convention Center)

Keitara began running through her internal rolodex. Skyra and Rose were the first to come to mind, but they were already involved with an assasination plan on Pridak. Waveahk was... well, Waveahk. Tekmo had vanished after Skorm. Skorm... Kei felt a slight pang of worry, but shook herself. She had to hope Skorm wouldn't do anything too impulsive.

That left....

Keitara looked back at Irna. Ah, yes. Well, time to face the awkward music and fallout from her impulsive confession.

(OOC: Kei is open for interaction!)

20220406_234727.jpg

Atamai grinned when the door revealed itself. The music kind of surprised him, but not as much as the disembodied voice. 
Atamai looked around briefly, then spoke up: “I am Atamai. My companions are Jutori, Vashni, Zadred, Kilo-M9, and the Collector,” he said, gesturing to his fellows. “Who is the Administrator, and who are you?”

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

Their eyeless face turned slowly back to Enra, moving as deliberately as ever. The problem of entrapment did not appear to bother them. The old ways were more important. The sacred rites demanded their attention.

"You called us here, young one. By the tolling of the gong. And we have answered."

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Waveahk (Coliseum Airspace, The Eclipse, The Bridge)

"Unless anyone else thought of anything better during our looooong flight here, I think not."

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - Outside the Coliseum (4, 9), inside the Eclipse at the bridge

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk

Long?

Saybo sat, contemplating if the fish being had ever done anything for longer than an hour at a time. The Eclipse had made great time. It was still the same day even, though the darkness of an early and artificial night seemed to cling to them in the interior of the giant skull. Perhaps that’s what this fish was talking about.

Looking back at the forward screen, Saybo guessed that they were still a good half mile out. Close enough to see details of the building, but far enough away to not attract unwanted attention. And Saybo had made sure not to come at the Coliseum in a straight shot. That would allow anyone from the Coliseum to see the Eclipse outlined by the still blue sky through the hole in the giant robot head. They certainly didn’t want that.

Turning back to the conversation, Saybo realized no one else had spoken. It was up to him, then. He had seen too many Dark Hunter missions blown because his various partners had refused to plan things out properly. “Well I ask because no one actually laid out the plan yet. We just discussed it and it continued to morph. Take, for example, my suggestion to hover the ship above Pridak’s balcony. Complete garbage! Hahaha!

Pausing to grin and slap his knee in “mirth”, Saybo continued, “What if Pridak comes out onto the balcony? What if he simply looks out the window? Boom! Plan blown!

No, my friends, it would be better if we placed the ship under the balcony and use the top hatch to climb up. And even then, can anyone else pilot this thing? If not, then how will Great Aurax and I get to the ground floor to take the elevator back up to accomplish our ruse?

Saybo tapped his mask dangling on his chest, “Easy answer! If we must, we could use my Miru!

Getting “serious”, Saybo made it like he couldn’t help himself from smirking and leaned forward, “Now if what Stannis says is true and he has secret access to places unknown, then we would instead want to land as close to the Coliseum as possible and avoid the front door. But what if there are no other doors? Is someone staying with the Eclipse?

What is the plan specifically from one being and what are the contingencies?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva (7, 8)

"Ah!" Ollem exclaimed as he stood up, his excavation having so far proved fruitless. "That's an excellent find! Good work, Mahrika." He quickly walked over to the Suva. If it turned, then surely that would be part of the puzzle. "Perhaps it's like a safe dial?" He suggested, not bothering to think whether his newfound companion would be familiar with the concept. "If that's the case, then those six pillars would be the 'numbers'. Here, let's turn it some and see what happens. We'll turn it to...  'I live'." He spun his finger around in a circle in order to indicate a clockwise direction. He was assuming the standard workings of safes he was familiar with, yes, but it was worth trying. And if the answer was some logical sequence, 'I live' seemed like the obvious first input.

"Ready?" Whereas Mahrika was already tired, Ollem seemed inexhaustible, already having wrapped his arms around the Suva to get a grip on its surface.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

Yeah, sure, alright,” Mahrika shoved herself upright with her long arms. Well, they were longer than her legs at least. With some strain she moved to help Ollem. Not that he would need much help. one-Matoran had enhanced strength compared to other Matoran, didn’t they? She knew they had better vision in darkness but, she swore she had heard they were strong like Po-Matoran.

She … her mind struggled to recall. So much of the past she had lost. She hadn’t stimulated her brain much hiding in an underwater cave for centuries. She kept sane weaving things out of seaweed fibers she had dried, talked to Vokarda plenty, but she … she didn’t exactly recall much of her home. She knew the basics but, a lot of details had been etched away.

Mahrika was interrupted as Vokarda squirmed around her spine. Right that … her people knew only lies anyway. It didn’t matter. What mattered was Vokarda, and if possible, ending the tyranny of death.

But even so, she wanted to solve this puzzle. And it could help. She couldn’t help Tuakana, if they still lived, but perhaps, this Suva would hold secrets that could help. She … she remembered there was something sacred about the Suva’s, even beyond the typical concept, though she could not recall what.

She could worry about that later. For now, she attempted to help Ollem push. 

IC: Oreius | Metru-Nui

The liquid protodermis pulled Oreius over the city at breathtaking speed. He looked out through the walls of the chute to see Metru-Nui passing by, indistinct as a mirage. Then the buildings were gone and he was flying over the water towards the Coliseum, which loomed over everything like a skeletal bird of prey.

Having abandoned deception, he was sure that he was being pursued. Even now, Vahki were likely assembling at the chute's terminus, ready to a subdue him as soon as he made his exit. And they were probably behind him too. That wall of ice couldn't have given him more than a minute's head start. Violence and death waited at either end of the chute, and as he had said to Okuo, he wasn't sure this journey could end any other way. It would take everything in him just to make it to Pridak, and then he would still have to fight. The day had been long, and the night would be longer. He didn't know if he would live to see another sunrise.

But for now, it was peaceful. He flew weightlessly through the chute, the sea spreading out below him until it met the silver spires of the city. The liquid rushing past his ears sounded almost like the surf on the shore, and, if he closed his eyes, he could almost pretend he was far away, on another island, in another time...

"So this is goodbye, then." 

They stood on the docks. The waves lapped beneath their feet, and boats on either side of them bobbed gently on the water. The crying of gulls could be heard every now and then as the white birds flapped overhead, searching for food. The sun, accompanied by a herd of fluffy white clouds, was still rising in the sky, yet to reach its zenith. A playful wind tugged at sails and flags, occasional lifting a handful of spray from the sea.

"No," the Toa said. "Don't keep saying that."

He knelt down awkwardly, as if he wasn't used to his own body. Folding one leg under his torso, he made himself level with the Matoran.

"Look, I know it's not... what we wanted. But just because I'm leaving doesn't mean I won't come back."

The Matoran sighed, a ripple of downcast blue passing over his white armour. 

"It's a big world out there. Bigger than you know. You don't know—"

"I do know," the Toa interrupted heatedly. "I know I made a promise. And I... I..."

He trailed off, then bowed his head. Took a deep breath. Tried to compose himself.

"It wasn't supposed it be me," he managed. "Why couldn't it have been anyone else?"

The Matoran placed his hands on the Toa's shoulders. "It was always meant to be you," he said softly. "Destiny doesn't make mistakes."

"But I—"

"You're strong," the Matoran continued serenely. "And brave. And you do what's right. That's what's important. The world doesn't need another Toa trying to be better than everyone. Trying to get their name in the legends."

He took the Toa's face in his hands and looked him in the eyes. "The world needs someone to just do what needs to be done. And that's you. You never stop fighting. You never give up. You put your head down and stick it out to the end." He laughed. "Spirit knows I've tried to talk you out of things before. But you don't change for anyone. That's why I love you. And that's why destiny chose you."

"I can't—" The Toa's voice trembled. "I can't leave you."

The Matoran kissed his forehead. "Yes, you can. And you will. Because the world needs you to."

The Toa started to speak, but was cut off by the sound of a horn. They looked over at a ship waiting at the end of the dock. It was time.

"I'll come back," the Toa said hurriedly. "I promise. Even if it takes a hundred years. I promise."

The Matoran smiled. "Then I'll wait for you, Oreius. For as long as it takes."

He returned to his own time under the shadow of the Coliseum, on an island far removed from the one in his memories. He took a deep breath, preparing himself for what was to come. Maybe this was why destiny had chosen him—for such a time as this. To keep fighting after everyone else was gone. To walk this lonely road to its bitter, bloody end. To do what had to be done, no matter how high the cost.

The end was approaching. The end of this chute, and the end of this long, lonely journey. He was ready.

• Like 1

IC: Irna | Outside Sans' Hut

For all that Irna had gone through in the past two weeks, she seemed forever capable of being caught flat-footed. Who the Nynrah Ghosts were was irrelevant -- Irna had only ever really heard of them during the mission on the Ripple, and the only real impression that they had made on her then was their death. But Keitara was one, and couldn't remember being one, it the way that it seemed to mean this much to her....

"Kei," she said softly, her hand fluttering above the other woman's shoulder before coming to a gentle rest on it. "Are you all right?"

Flat-footed. Forever.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

The mists were nothing. Parnassus had seen mists before; they had been born in mists; they were mist; they would die, and return to mist. Nothing but mist, a crude matter to be reformed into another aspect in the great crystal known as Makuta. They would be nothing but a half-remembered after-image in the mind of another Aspect. Nothing at all. Nothing--

Parnassus shook their head. They recognized this magic. They knew fear, had been born under its moon all those years ago.

"Tricky Irnakk," they said, and walked further into the mountain.

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

"Great Spirit," Yaushe said softly. "Sorry you had to see all that. Stay in here as long as you like. Seems like everyone's waiting around to talk to the Turaga, anyway... I'd offer you a hug or something, but..."

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Keitara ( Outside the Sans' Hut Convention Center)

Kei looked her friend in the eyes.

She wanted to say yes, wanted to breezily pass off what had happened here. But... but if she truly did care about Irna, then starting off their friendship lying would be a poor groundwork.

"Not exactly." She responded, honestly. "But... I think I'm going to be." She cast her eyes to the side. "I'm sorry I messed things up earlier. I... well, I'm hoping that if I find out more about my past then maybe next time I can help out in a way that doesn't put anyone in danger." She smiled faintly, an echo of the Kei who had first bubbily greeted the warrior that morn. "We could use some people willing to fight. Knichou has an airship. I... I'd be honored if you could join us. You've been level-headed throughout all of this and, let's be honest, any plan involving me needs all the level heads it can get."

Then she added, more quietly, "We...we don't have to talk about earlier if you don't want to. I may have been... a-a bit hasty." The Av-Toa placed her hand gently atop the one Irna was resting on her shoulder. "I'm sorry that I put you on the spot like that."

(OOC: @Conway)

20220406_234727.jpg