Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

"I... uh..."

Skorm's mask furrowed. "I'll level with you, I was asking rhetorically. I've been irradiated, healed, and I split twice today, not to mention several long drives. I need to pass out somewhere. Though if you insist on patrolling, you can borrow the Muaka."

IV's head popped out from the frame of the vehicle, beeping rapidly.

Skorm yawned. "Just listen to IV, he taught me."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Kaylus (Ruins of Fire)

Truth be told, Kaylus was a younger Aspect, and he knew little of what the aspect Tuakana was referring to. The stocky Aspect walked forward, spreading his arms in a show of peace. "Perhaps we should all in turn explain who we are and why we are here. Not all of us seem to be on the same page," he said, shooting a deflecting glance at the non-aspects in the chamber."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: mobile

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"I'm Xane," he slowly lowered his rifle, glowering momentarily at Enra for summoning the mismatched menagerie of strange beings in the first place. "I'm from the giant head that fell from the sky. I'm poking around these ruins to try to figure out what shared history my world has with yours."

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dar Poroka | The Wombat, Over Po-Metru

Okay. Boom time. "Robot, shoot gun, please."

Green turn head. "Do you have a target in mind, captain?"

"Yeah."

"Please designate your target."

Poroka point out window. Big field on ground. Lots of statues all there. One look like big head. Looks good to make boom. "Big head, please."

Robot make thinking noise. "Affirmative. Target acquired. Standing by."

Ship go beep-beep-beep. Poroka hear noise under ship. Start small, then get big. Think that big gun? It doing gun things.

"Firing in five seconds. Four. Three. Two. One. Commencing..."

There big noise under ship. Poroka look out window. See bright light go fast. Go, light, go! Like star falling. Big and blue. It go down at field. Then Poroka see big head go boom. It make Poroka smile. Nothing like big boom for good times.

"Impact confirmed," robots says. "Target destroyed."

"Okay!" Poroka make big smile. Hello, big gun. This start of beautiful friendship.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Outskirts, The Muaka)

"Oh. Very well." Tekmo clambered aboard the Muaka. "Just make sure to pass out where people can see you."

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Coliseum Airspace, The Eclipse, The Bridge)

In response, Waveahk turned to Aurax and Stannis while drinking from his canteen.

@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Yaushe)

"Thank you... I'm gonna... I'm gonna lie down, now." Navu flopped to the floor of the van.

@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Don't look at me! It wasn't as if the thing was labelled - 'ring gong to summon', now was it?!"

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@Keeper of Kraata@Sparticus147@~Xemnas~@Onaku

IC: Zsann, Outside the Hut, curious

Zsann turned to glance in the direction of the van. She hadn't seen anything herself, but it couldn't hurt to check it out.
"I-I'll l-look."

She wandered over to the van and knocked at the back door.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl @Toru Nui

Edited by A-tak-nid
forgot a tag
  • Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Stone

Ollem’s efforts brought the suva to bear, turning clockwise under the full strength of the onu-matoran. Ollem felt himself tiring quickly, his body unable to maintain the herculean effort it required to force the suva to his will. Then Mahrika joined him and together they made their slow progress. As the suva turned their footing became worse and worse, the sands disrupted in small waves radiating outward. Ollem’s whole focus remained on turning the suva, but Mahrika noticed the change in the stone toa spires. She watched as the spires began to slowly move counterclockwise in response to their efforts, maintaining the original distances from the suva and each other as they went.

OOC: @Burnmad, @Harvali

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
edited to reflect both matoran pushing the suva.

Happy chat.

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

As Apex glared towards the two skaks and the other being with them, looking past Tuakana, the stinger of her tail twitched as another unknown entity entered the room from behind her. Nearly striking out, Apex reeled her tail into check as she realized the entity was another aspect, this one bearing the same unfamiliar and fresh scent as the other aspect she met alongside Tuakana. This new arrival seemed to immediately take control of the situation, imploring the non-aspects to tell of their names and business, both of which Apex did not care for...till the purple skakdi revealed their foreign nature.

"You hail from that blot in the horizon?" Sniffing the air, Apex took in deep the skakdi's scent, and although it was recognizable for that of a skakdi, it was most certainly off from the usually scents of motor oils and caked grime, "Yes, both your scent and visage is not like that I know. But, if you and your kind are anything like the skakdi I already know, then you are just as much of a threat to this island as they are."

Moving away from the door, keeping her side next to the wall and moving parallel to the non-aspects within the center of the chamber, Apex laid down against the wall to the left of the door. Laying her head upon one of her large foreclaws, Apex gestured with her smaller arms towards the trio before continuing. "So, I am not only trapped, but the promise of power and strength that I was expecting is not here, so tell me this skakdi, If we are trapped within this chamber with no way out, what keeps me from killing you as a final pleasure before I am trapped for another millennia?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Onaku

IC: Gore Fury (The Rig)

As Gore made his way through the Rig, he was constantly and continually surprised by the splendor the Rig had to bare offer, food stalls, market stands, warehouses, and all galore. From first impressions, one wouldn't know what to make of the Rig on first sights, but to Gore, it was a land of potential adventure, and Gore loved every second of it. Asking several skakdi in order to get directions to McGrokk's, each with varying levels of success, Gore eventually made it outside of the shop, a large somewhat garish sign on top of it.

Rasping onto the door, Gore waited excitedly for the whoever may answer the door, hoping they could help him with his quest for food.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Uraborask and Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

Another day passed as Uraborask drove in relative silence, having to make occasional stops in order to allow the hapaka, Skrillix, to relieve itself. More then once, Uraborask had to chase after the hapaka after it started to chase after a stray insect or rat. Although the Skrillix's wildness brought annoyance to Uraborask, he did find enjoyment in the brief moments with Skrillix, and he was glad for the company. 

Eventually, the two of them finally returned to his shack, the two entering the hut with Skrillix immediately taking a spot upon the couch. Looking at the hapaka with a bemused look, Uraborask returned to the truck, carrying the dead tradeskaks corpse to his carving house before he went to work...By the time Uraborask was done, it was late at night, a severed skakdi skull and spine in one hand and a headless body in the other.

Reaching the front porch of his shack, Uraborask hung the skakdi's skull on the roof, a sign saying "PREY" hanging beneath it, joining the other heads and spines hanging and mounted out front. Heading inside the shack, Uraborask was immediately greeted by Skrillix, a hungry whine coming out of the hapaka's snout. Picking up the hapaka, Uraborask returned to the truck, dumping the headless skak and a large spiked pole in the back bed.

With Skrillix sharing the front seat with Uraborask, the two of them made their way to the Rig to get some food with some well liberated widgets, stopping outside of the actual entrance to the Rig to mount the body onto the pole, a sign that says, "Beware the aspect Ulkarr and his realm to the west, Po-Koro."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Xane had a lot of questions, the foremost among them being what the actual karz was the creature before him, and why it seemed to harbour such vehement disdain for the natives.

But a threat was a threat, and he responded in kind, stepping up beside Rangi to level his rifle at Apex.

"Seems to me the most threatening thing in this room right now is you," he retorted. "Whatever prejudice you're harbouring is wasted on me. I don't even know who or what you are."

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

"That's my friend, Zsann," Yaushe said to her new friend. "She's very nice and quiet. Is it okay if I let her in?"

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

Apex glowered from her spot on the floor, not yet readying to pounce but certainly eyeing the two skakdi and this...reptilian creature with a cautious predatory gaze. Apex focused her gaze upon this being, inhaling deep its scent when a word sprung to her mind...Zyglak. The smell reminded her of moist sea salt, of howling caves, and of an ancient neglected people. "Ah, now I recognize what you are." Apex said, leveling her gaze towards Rangi, her gaze actually softening somewhat, "You are one of the zyglaks if I am not mistaken. I remember your kind, sometimes they hunted me, sometimes I hunted them, but they never did anything to truly draw my ire, and for that, I shall leave you with mercy as a courtesy."

"As for you." Apex's attention was now drawn towards the skakdi, Xane, "Even if the skakdi of this land took the time to at least record the history of their greatest predator, I'm sure even you wouldn't of heard of me within the short time you have been upon the island." As Apex spoke, she begin to rise from her position, ascending to her full height, her wings spread as far as they could within the chamber, "I am Apex, one of the ancient aspects of this island. I have existed long before the skakdi ever came here and ruined it the beauty of this land."

"You see, before the skakdi ever came to this island,it was lush, alive, and beautiful. The bays were filled with cool, pure, fresh water so clear you could see the sparkling reefs that lined the coast. The jungles were a host of twisted vines, roots, and branches where host to the most colorful birds, insects, and flowers. The mountains were like great stoic sentinels, capped with white snow as glaciers moved between them. But then the skakdi came, and destruction followed in their wake."

"And so, I fought back, destroying their settlements, shattering their vehicles, and sundering their people to the very last, till, a skakdi warlord by the name of Nektann imprisoned me. And now, after so many eternities later, I come to see the bay are now so polluted that the fish within them are choking on their own breath. The jungles are now home to the most blighted and monstrous of flora and fauna that only the skakdi could dream of them. And the glaciars, the GLACIARS, whether they were crushed by that head or simply melted from the vicious heat expelled by the volcanic heart of the island, enraged by the vile witches and their Nightmare Pit...Now then, do you see why I hate the skakdi."

A terrible roar left Apex's throat as she ended her rageful rant, each word she spoke descending ever more so into a horrid growling bellow, the monstrous form of Apex seething with a wrathful hate as tendrils of darkness had slowly made their way from every corner of the room to surrounded Apex, like vines staining the chambers floor.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Onaku

• Like 2

"What I see is that your hate is misplaced, creature," Xane replied, "Where I come from there are many lands, and most of them have befallen the same fate you've just described." 

He kept his weapon raised, wary of the shadows that seemed to bend to the beast's will. "The process you rage against is progress, the inevitable consequence of a population growing too large and taking too much. It's not something special to skakdi, or isolated to your island." 
  • Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“There is another chamber behind the door. The intent of those that built this place is unknown to me. That knowledge is not part of my programming.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

The front door of the shop opened and the Skakdi trader stood in front of Gore in all his blinged out, robed glory, gold canine teeth glittering in the sun. 

“Mh-yeees?” He asked.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Korruhn, Ruin of Ice

Korruhn stared intently at the writing on the wall for at least the tenth time today, but this time, his face carried a new resolve, a conundrum of deep thought and brewing excitement. He coudln't believe that he hand't seen it--hadn't made the connection before. The phrases were charms, they had to be. And the snow in the bowl? A writing material. Korruhn turned back to his companions, and the podium.

"Le-Metru," he said to Leklo as he walked by, a grin on his face. "Charms. The bowl." Korruhn couldn't muster a full sentence at this point, as his full attention was on the snow in the podium's bowl, now standing before him. With his finger, he traced three symbols into the snow, in a very particular order: Destiny, Peace, Duty.

He wasn't totally sure if he had the charms right, but the Toa was certain this was the method to activate the door, and find out what lay behind it.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Ice
Here Korruhn stood, a world away from home, drawing the symbols of his people's culture into a bowl of snow. How could this possibly be the answer?
And yet…
The snow claimed the symbols, returning to its pristine and untouched form. Nothing happened. Korruhn's patience began to run out again.
Then something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. The words Ordained Star and Fate's Child glowed with a golden starlight. They were on the right track, and finally something in the room changed to assure them.

Ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, Ruin of Ice

The Toa's eyes widened as his input was finally received. He was so close now, and there were only so many charms left to try. He scoured his mind, mulling over the charms, and which would be the most likely fit. After humming and hawing a moment, his right index finger prodded back into the snow, and drew the symbol for willpower.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester
Tags

As the symbol Korruhn drew faded away in the snowy basin the final words glowed with starlight. The outline of the door carved into the icy walls glowed fierce and blinding. Leklo, Korruhn, and Sidra felt the world spinning as the chamber began turning. They felt their bodies pulled clockwise but the room moved counter to them. The icy sculpture of the tree cracked, shattering and filling the room with glittering shards of ice. The shards floated in the air, untouched by the pull of gravity.  The carved doorway became a glowing portal of purple and gold. As the room continued to turn, they all felt themselves descending. The circular ring where the tree once stood rose into a tall column as they spiraled down, and ancient glyphs marred the column's glacial surface. They all realized the chamber they stood inside was a disk spiraling down a massive screw. 
Eventually the room came to rest as the column met the ceiling of stars. An island breeze filled the chamber, wafting down the hallway they came from with a beckoning presence. The breeze from the outside world suggested they could leave at any time. Then they heard a voice, androgynous and disjointed.
"Welcome. I am the Administrator. State your names, star children. The apostatized as well."

Ooc: congratulations on solving the entry puzzle, @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, and @Crimson Jester

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, ???

The Ruin of Ice, issulive and mysterious in it's unrecognizable state of decay, was actually some sort of... elevator? The revelation was baffling; in all of his travels, Korruhn had never come across anything of the sort. False walls, trapdoors, Karz--even portals to other dimensions. But an elevator spiraling Mata Nui-knows how far down beneath the surface of the island? That's new.

As the disembodied voice greeted them, Korruhn was still so enthralled in thought that hadn't the chance to ponder the disembodied voice, or why it called him an apostate.

"I am Korruhn, these are Leklo and Sidra. Where are we?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester

“Only such a melody comes without a sound." -- Kamelot

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits
They traveled through hallways with wills of their own. The warskaks felt themselves going in circles, unable to stop the repeated pattern. They walked ever downward, but always seemed to find themselves going up. Sometimes the sensation of falling in a dream chased through their heartlights. At no point did the hallways become lit, making seeing for those without eyes more than a challenge.
So why did Boss feel himself going in circles and ascending the further he walked down the stairs? The contradictions led through the whispers of voices lost and memories of childhood nightmares.
The stairs led down. Down through the voices of the tired, the sick, and the poor. Down through memories of the bent, the broken, and the shamed. While Boss went down the sweltering hallways of the Nightmare Pits, he also went down through memories of his broken and shattered past. Only his dream kept him moving forever forward: the thought of something green and growing… and safe. 
The ghostly outline of a skaklet stood in middle of the path, pearly white armor illuminating herself in the haunting darkness. She held out a hand for help, then dispersed into mist. Here the warskaks wandered in the shameless void of consequence in search of the end of their own suffering by the persecution of others.
Eventually a red glow filled the tunnel. The journey reached its end. They stood on an outcropping above a dark gorge. Gasses and mists floated thick inside the gorge, banishing the thought of seeing how far down it went. The unmistakable heat of the volcano rose from the gorge's depths, daring the ignorant to leap to the doom. The dimmest light illuminated where they stood, rising from the pit below. 
They arrived. 
"Bring him to me," Boss said, pointing towards the red skakdi they'd found on the road. Torak found himself dragged forward, his toes scrabbling for purchase on the warm rocks. They forced him to his knees, pulling his frills until his face in all its fearful terror pointed up at Boss. The leader of the warskaks of the Wastes stood facing the great gorge for a long time, breathing in the fumes. Finally, he turned around.
Three glittering eyes danced across his shadowed face. Here, in the pit of darkness and horror Boss could truly see.
"I am Boss. I came here with a single purpose: to invoke the rite of the tahtorak. I chose my sacrifice. He is not you. But you have been helpful. You tell me of a problem my father put to rest. And like everything he did, it didn't stick. I have already conquered Miserix. I can conquer Apex. You will witness the making of a tahtorak. You'll help one more time, newcomer."
Boss patted Torak's head softly. 
"But not alive."
His other hand already sank deep into Torak's chest, retrieving the skakdi's heartlight. It looked like a pebble in his bloodied palm when he held it aloft. 
"Irnakk!" Boss called out loudly. "Witness this rite. I offer a beating heartlight."
He chucked it into the pit. Dark shapes howled and twisted beneath the mists obscuring the bottom. Shrieks echoed off the far walls of the massive volcanic cavern.
"Prop him up, let him bleed," Boss ordered and the two assisting skakdi kept holding Torak by his arms. The dying warrior's silver blood slowly coated the rocks of the ledge, running through unseen grooves in complex counter-clockwise spiraling patterns.
The shrieks from the pit grew louder. As did the sounds of strange discordant drumming.
"You know the rite of the Tahtorak," Boss said nonchalantly and turned to face his assembled companions. The shadows formed around his body, spectral tendrils of Miserix herself crawling across him and providing the ghostly eyes he used to see. "Fyura, you saw the last rite. Did my father die bravely or did he beg?"

Ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Keeper of KraataKraata, @Burnmad, @Conway, etc.

There is another apostatized in the ruins to the South. I fear your kind has grown quite bold. The old faith dies and the new order lingers. You are not welcome, but I cannot turn you away. Where are you? Where are you not?"

Ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air
“It is a pleasure to meet you, Atzemio Kalen.” Atz’s voice echoed back when the Administrator said his name. The apostatized with you is … not welcome, but I cannot turn you away. There is another apostatized in the ruins to the West. I fear your kind has grown quite bold. The old faith dies and the new order lingers."

Ooc: @Toa Fanixe, @Azibo

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

”Saybo, put is down on the northwestern side of the Coliseum. The Coliseum has security cameras around it, but as far as I know some of them are broken. Onu-Metru and Po-Metru were hit hard when we landed on Zakaz, so I think that the cameras on that side might be broken as well. If you can find some rubble to conveniently put us behind, that would be great. 
“When we get there, Saybo and I will enter the Coliseum with Stannis’ mask. You four will leave shortly after and follow Stannis to his secret passageways.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Kal the Guardian @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui
IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

”Well, looks like we’ve still got some exploring to do. Let’s go.” Atamai began to lead his companions into the next chamber of the temple.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Onaku @pokemonlover360 @Snelly @Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

The Skak's heartlight beat faster, as anticipation suffused his entire being. His muscles tensed, joints became rigid as he prepared for the moment of truth.

It was almost time.

Time to kill or be killed.

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Is it possible for me to help?” Kanohi asked quietly as he shyly approached Jovan as he levitated up some ore. The Turaga of Magnetism seemed not to hear the Fe-Matoran, too busy straining to move the ore. Kanohi swallowed, and as Jovan lowered the ore he spoke up a little louder, “um, Turaga, is there a way I can help you?

Jovan flinched and said, “I … I, if you try to mine the ore, you would disturb the earth. You know as well as I that this … this worm has to have some way to navigate. If it can feel vibrations it — we have to be careful. I … I cannot focus on you while I work.”

I know,” Kanohi spoke softly, “but I could … I could carry ore out of the tunnel, once you pry it free. I can grapple as much as I want, if I carry it up, you wouldn’t need to waste your elemental power. And … I hate to bring this up, but only we think the worm feels vibrations, it might instead have a natural compass, like a Fa-Matoran. Then we shouldn’t use your power lightly.

Jovan swallowed, “I … I doubt my limited power would alert a worm of that size. But I guess I … you just grapple away if something goes wrong, alright?  Swear to me you will not stay here and die with me.”

Al-alright,” Kanohi said, and then without looking at the Turaga he said, “there … there is something else. If … if at all possible, I would appreciate if you would get me some iron ore. The … before I left Po-Koro Vakama gave me an incomplete telescopic lens. It … it might help the Koro if I can manage to complete it.” 

Jovan nodded without saying a word, instead prying free some ore. It lowered down besides him, and Kanohi scrambled into the hole, shakily picking up the ore and stowing it away in his armpit. Then with a point of his free hand he fired his Volo Lutu Launcher, hooking the edge of the pit. He lurched into the air, grappling out of the pit. 

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Argh,” Mahrika flopped onto her back, panting. She … she didn’t know if Ollem was struggling too, but she certainly was, “I … I don’t think we can do this. Not with that sand at least. Any … any idea how to get rid of it? I can … I can freeze it but I don’t see how that will help. You can … turn invisible, any other tricks you can use?

As she heaved there in the sand she managed, “Did … did you see that the pillars moved when we turned it? I think … I think they moved counter clockwise? What do you think that means?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

IC “Collector” The Ruins of Stone

Collector hesitated, they were not expecting anyone or anything living here. Suddenly looting this ruin seemed a bit more dangerous. Still, Toa Atamai was heading down already, and if there was a way to gain the power of a Toa, they needed it. So they followed after the Toa, muttering, “Be cautious, friends, we do not know what could be down here.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva (7, 8)

Ollem huffed. He wasn't quite exhausted yet, but his limbs were starting to burn with exertion.

"I don't have anything special. If we were to get rid of it, we'd have to move it all by hand, which would be backbreaking work. And if there were any wind to speak of, it'd be blowing back in our faces faster than we could move it, anyhow."

He plopped down onto his rear, thinking about the Suva and its connection to the 6 outer pillars. There had to be something he and Mahrika could do. They did not need help. Two Matoran could absolutely do this. They just needed to figure out what they were doing, before they exhausted themselves completely.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

A cold chill crept through him as the shrieks from the pit reverberated through the chamber. This was true power, something deep and ancient waiting to be unleashed. It was a privilege - albeit an unnerving one - to witness it. 

At least, that was what he told himself. 

@Unreliable Narrator

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

Sidra set about trying to find the answer to the voice's question. She activated the Mask of X-ray Vision again, slowly looking around their new surrounds for any sign of discernible features, or an origin for the voice. While she searched, she countered the question with one of her own. "What do you mean, apostatized? Which of us are you referring to?" 

She was assuming it was herself, given that she was the odd one out in the party. But then again, Korruhn had wielded the power of shadow back in the other room, which was more than a little unusual for a Toa. Maybe it was him? 

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Zaliyah - Po-Metru 

After a few practice volleys and adjustments, as well as watching the efforts of her companions, Zaliyah felt she had dialed in the rough range of the weapons. She'd been loosing her blasts on parallel courses, and after measuring how far they'd traveled, she determined that the blasts did the most damage at around 2600 feet, a bit over a half-kio, but lost accuracy the further they traveled and the more the projectile grew. 

Not that accuracy particularly mattered when bombing a large, stationary target. And with the blasts obliterating an area of around 60 feet on impact, the weapons would be more than sufficient to lay the enemy encampment to waste. 

Satisfied with the test, Zaliyah radioed her companions. 

"Are you ready to head out? Remember, Pridak wants the village burning by nightfall." 

@Onaku @Eyru @Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone

The Toa of Gravity scratched at the chin of his Mahiki. The Administrator? Whatever this artificial intelligence running the place was, even it didn't know what these ruins contained. That was odd. It was all quite mysterious, and all quite intriguing. Atamai didn't seem concerned too much with it, moving on ahead of the group. Jutori followed, mulling over what the true purpose of this place could possibly be. Just what exactly would they find at the end of this...?

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Rose - The Eclipse

"I get the gist," Rose said. "You ready, Sky?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ostrox (Po-Metru Airspace, Sculpture Fields, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

Before the Vahki could respond to Ostrox's question, Zaliyah's voice came over the radio.

"What? Oh yes, ready whenever you are. I was just trying to determine the rate of fire, is all."

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Eyru

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

From behind the corner of the corridor that the vault door occupies, there's the sound of numerous footsteps on the metal floor, the breathing of respirator masks, and a familiar voice saying: "It's just through here..."

@Onaku@EmperorWhenua

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Outskirts, The Muaka)

Tekmo took the Muaka out west accompanied only by the Fohrok IV, towards the decapitated head of a god, to see what he could see. His belief in Mata Nui had never been absolute, and the fact that he was now apparently dead didn't help.

@Unreliable Narrator@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Coliseum Airspace, The Eclipse, The Bridge)

"Hmm." Waveahk put his canteen back, having sufficiently hydrated himself.

@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Yaushe)

"Yeah... you can let her in. It's your van, after all." Navu was still firmly attached to the floor.

@ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

“Those who wield the powers of shadow have apostatized from the tenets of the Kaita, the Spirits, and the Krom. I speak of Korruhn,” the toa’s name echoed back in his own voice, “who abandoned the path of the Builders and now wields his own destruction. The portal holds his cure, should he redeem himself. As for you, Sidra,” her name echoed back in her own voice despite not having spoken it herself, “there is no point in seeking me outside yourself. I am here, in the between. I aim only to provide assistance to those proving their destiny."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

IC: Boss | Irnakk's Tooth, Nightmare Pits

Boss let out a terrifying laugh. The drumming in the pit grew louder.

“You’re right, Fyura. He thought he could kill me. In the end he became what he always was: a monster.” Boss spat. The spit sizzled on the rocky ledge overlooking the pit. “Now, it’s time to find a new monster. Is it me...” Illuminated by the glow of the pit and the silver light from the tracing veins of skakdi blood, Boss pointed a bloody finger at the powerful skakdi standing next to Parnassus radiating a fearful aura.

“...Or you, Barius?”

OOC: @Burnmad, @Nato the Traveler, @Conway, @Keeper of Kraata, etc.

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

Abandoning the apparently-fruitless effort of searching for the source of the voice, Sidra deactivated the Kanohi, and willed it to switch back for her usual mask. "Prove my destiny?" She rolled her eyes, unable to conceal her disappointment and disdain.

She'd survived the death of a god, trekked through the desert of a new universe, unlocked the Suva alone, and allied with beings who had every reason to want her dead... all in the hopes of finding something tangible to help her make sense of what had happened to her universe, and the hand she'd had in it. But after all of that, she was being served the same tripe about spirits and destinies? 

In her experience, the concept of destiny was nothing but an excuse used by those who wanted to give meaning to the randomness and chaos of life. She'd seen plenty of beings suffer and perish at the hands of unfairness and injustice, still clinging to the belief that they were destined for better. But the mere fact that the virtue existed in this universe as well piqued her curiosity, so she decided to take the bait. 

"And what destiny are you going to assist me in discovering?" She demanded. "Because I've come a very long way, and I'd love to know why." 

@Unreliable Narrator

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru Koro greenhouses:

The heat of the deserts during the day were comfortable to Kat, but the warmth and humidity of the inside of the greenhouses suited her even better and she took a deep breath and gave a satisfied sigh as she exhaled.

"Wow, I had no idea we had a place like this! Kinda reminds me of the jungle around the temple back home!" She gave Taja a grin, "And all these different plants! I've never even seen some of these before!"

He released a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding.

A moment passed as he cracked his knuckles.

"Guess we'll find out."

A grin crept up the corners of his mouth-- not so much from the nerves or any kind of satisfaction, but just from the sheer adrenaline of the situation. This was the moment he'd been waiting for for years. Win or lose, he was about to learn his life's purpose.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Nato the Traveler

4 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

”Saybo, put is down on the northwestern side of the Coliseum. The Coliseum has security cameras around it, but as far as I know some of them are broken. Onu-Metru and Po-Metru were hit hard when we landed on Zakaz, so I think that the cameras on that side might be broken as well. If you can find some rubble to conveniently put us behind, that would be great. 
“When we get there, Saybo and I will enter the Coliseum with Stannis’ mask. You four will leave shortly after and follow Stannis to his secret passageways.”

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - Outside the Coliseum (4, 9), inside the Eclipse at the bridge

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk

Nodding in compliance to the Great Being’s commands, Saybo began their descent. Periodically a weight Kanoka could be heard thunking against the hull and the Eclipse began to slowly descend. They wrapped around to the northwest side of the Coliseum after several minutes and Saybo used the external cameras to make sure to find a spot both close to the Coliseum and yet had the least amount of sight lines to the airship. The Eclipse would need to remain safe while they were away in case things went wrong. This plan was hasty, after all, and no matter the circumstances hasty plans tended to get messy fast. Any outside influence could change the course of everything in an instant. Saybo was ready for anything to happen.

Underside armor slid away to allow the landing gear to fold out. Finally the last thunk sounded, and the full weight of the ship groaned as it settled onto the ground like it finally could relax after all of its work. The Eclipse nestled into the shadows surrounding the Coliseum, hopefully lost to view of all those that might notice any future treachery.

Saybo powered down all non-essential functions and stood. This airship is an asset I should hold on to. Aurax willing it is here when we return. I’ll have to figure out what security systems it has later. Now, to work.

Pulling the memorial, golden painted, powerless noble Ruru from his backpack, he offered it to Stannis, smirking. He thought of clipping on the plushie, but Aurax’s order was forefront in his mind. This small victory over Stannis was still a victory. For a moment Saybo wondered if the Wanderer would recognize the Kanohi, but no, it was an ancient commemorative relic that he couldn’t find any sources on when he had been searching for it. Why the Shadowed One or one of their employers had wanted it he would never know.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika laid there, her breaths shallow and rapid. Finally her panting slowed down, and she tried to think. Was … was there something she wasn’t thinking of? A clue she was neglecting? She felt Vokarda massage her spine, no doubt trying to relax her. Mahrika closed her eyes, and attempted to think things over. 

At the start … you mentioned that illusion, the hologram, right? And now, I see the Toa touches the Suva before walking away. Then the image repeats. I think … think she is traveling north … traveling north northeast. Do you think … that could be an important direction for the puzzle? Like, we have to lock a pillar in that direction to activate it? Or something?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Skyra Daring - The Eclipse -

Skyra nodded. "Yeah, seems simple enough." Skyra opened up her Cordak blaster and made sure it was nice and loaded. 

OOC:  @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

IC: Vashni - Ruins of Stone -

Some sort of AI controlled this place, how interesting. It explained why Vashni could not sense a presence on the mental plane. She followed the others into the chamber.  

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: This was a collaboration post with @Sparticus147. I wrote this because @Azibo stated on Discord that we all collectively could post with Sans just so we wouldn't be stuck in the story. So hopefully I don't do Sans any disservice.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside Sans’ hut

With - Sala, Sans

As Sala came over to join in at the table, Sans eyed the newcomers with a wary twinkle in his eye, “And just who might you two be I wonder? Huhuhuhu.” The Turaga chuckled to himself, inwardly tired from the already long day. Yet he drew upon his inner strength for those that continued to need him.

The orange Matoran looked to the Aspect and Sorilax swiveled his torso to view the Matoran. No doubt Sala wanted to lead with his damaged chest, yet the Matoran had brought up something earlier that was much more troubling and immediate. Still, he paused, mulling over the merits of all topics that needed presentation to the village elder. For a minute too long he paused, Sans looking to Sala, who shrugged a “sorry”.

Finally, Sorilax spoke, “I am Sorilax, one of the members of the Aspects of Makuta. This is my fellow laborer Sala, one of the members of Le-Metru Nuva, a village to the south. Before we begin, my friend here has something of immediate importance to proclaim regarding a Toa and a Kraata.

Taken aback for a brief moment, not expecting this to be the opener for their meeting, Sala felt a chill run up his spine at the thought of those icy eyes. "Yeah, I had gotten separated from Sorilax and while I was trying to get back to him I spotted the Toa with a Kraata attached to his shoulder. He caught me staring and approached me, saying, ‘Didn't your Turaga teach you not to stare?’ Not knowing what else to do, I introduced myself to him and, I think he was going to introduce himself as well but something stopped him..."

"Stopped him? What stopped him and what happened from there?"

"I don't know, he just suddenly clutched his head before steadying himself and then said, ‘You will have much to chronicle very soon’, and then he walked off."

Sans sat there, stroking his chin in thought before asking, "What did this Toa look like and where did he go?"

"He was a Ko-Toa from what I could tell, he wore a Felnas, the Kraata on his shoulder had a yellow metallic head and a bright red tail. You should know it when you see it."

Sans strummed the wooden table top, “What makes this Ko-Toa so dangerous? He simply sounds odd to me.

Oh,” Sorilax said as the Turaga changed his focus from Matoran to Aspect, “Kraata are formed from the Heartlights of sentient beings here on Zakaz. Aspects perform the rituals to do so. From this fact, if the Kraata is recent, then we can then conclude that the Toa of Ice offered someone’s Heartlight to an Aspect. Unless you ordained an execution of a criminal, it means he has killed someone.

Well this was unsettling. Sans pondered what this could mean. “You’ll have to tell the head of the village guard about this. This is very troubling indeed.” A rogue Toa? Metru-Koro could use another week of peace and quiet, not Toa who were unraveling at the seams.

Nodding in continued thought, Sans turned to Sorilax once more. And now here was this Aspect before him, willfully giving up information and seemingly helping this Matoran. What to make of him? The Turaga’s suspicions went unnoticed by the Aspect, but Sala noticed the small tells. Sans drank from a cup he had on the table, leaning back in his chair and folding his hands on his stomach, “You say you are an Aspect. I wish to know what that means. But first, what is this of a village to the south?

Sorilax tried nodding, the metal of his neck groaning as the mechanics tried and failed to do so, “Le-Metru Nuva was founded several days ago. I saved Sala here from quicksand in the Fau Swamp and one thing led to another and I suddenly had dozens of beings around me, seeking my expertise on the swamp and its dangers.

I, well…” Sorilax hadn’t ever said this out loud and his voice choked up a little, despite having no throat with which to be able to choke up, “For the first time I had actual friends, the Skakdi and other Aspects leaving much to be desired. It was too dangerous to make a try at leaving the swamp, as a group of that size would surely be set upon by several dangerous Rahi in its trek north. So we created a village in the trees, a small group scavenging the debris from that giant robot head that had crashed. Our several travels through the marshes to that poisonous lake were treacherous, yet necessary.

Others I instructed on the correct trees to fell and the safest way to do so. Eventually, Le-Metru Nuva was formed. We currently only have ten huts and few resources. It was my fellow chronicler and I’s self appointed task to seek out if any others had survived the crash of the giant head and to see if those others indeed could provide any help they could.

Le-Metru Nuva is safe for now, but the Fau Swamp is by far the most dangerous place on this island. Foul and twisted creatures inhabit its shade. It is my intention to implore you to help us evacuate, or barring that, to establish a trade route of some kind. The safest way being what Sala said were “air”ships?

Nodding in thought once more, Sans worked his jaw and absentmindedly looked around the room. If this Aspect was to be believed, and Sala did lend credibility to his claims, then not only could he not advise evacuation of this Le-Metru Nuva, but even supplies couldn’t be given to help bolster them. The beings of Metru-Koro desperately needed all they had currently. Not much could be spared except maybe provisions for these two to travel back and maybe a navigator Matoran to see about maybe setting up a land trade-way.

Still, an Aspect sat before him, and he wasn’t sure of anything it had to say. The safest bet was to secure the location of this new village and send Knichou to scope it out eventually. These two he would have to send on their way near empty handed. “Forgive my pause, but Metru-Koro lies under threat of attack from an old enemy who seeks the destruction of all Matoran and their allies. Currently I can think of nothing spare this village has that it doesn’t need. This means that there will be no evacuation. Yet. Maybe one day, once this whole League business has been settled.

However, I would love trade, and I can think of at least one airship that might make the trip in future days. Tell me, where is this village of yours?

Pulling a piece of parchment from his backpack, Sorilax slid a crude map over to the Turaga, “It is a shame what you say, but hopefully one day both our villages will be safe. I drew this while I was waiting for you to become available to speak. I marked where we are and where Le-Metru Nuva is. We have a single platform breaching the canopy currently if you do use that airship. Oh! Tut tut, I almost forgot, make sure the airship can resist acid rain, because that’s a frequent enough occurrence in the swamp to be a problem.

Sans’ eyes displayed mild shock at the last statement. Acid rain? What was next, land sharks? The Turaga took the map. Hastily drawn though it was, the landmarks of Zakaz perfectly fit the maps the other cartographers had provided him. Yes, they could find Le-Metru Nuva with this. If they would survive finding it, he could not yet say. “Huhuhuhu, sounds dangerous. Thank you. After we are finished, you both should head over to the west wall and request one Vulimai, or one of her underlings. She should be able to set you up with any return provisions we can spare.

Now, about the Asp-

Before the Turaga could continue, Sala sat straight up out of his chair, quickly saying, "Wait, one more thing." Realizing this rashness of his actions, Sala sat back down in his chair before continuing, "Before we left, Sorilax along with another Toa within the village had went out to kill a vicious centipede Rahi that had already killed two of our own. While fighting the Rahi, Sorilax took severe damage to his vessel, this has left him incapable of moving his neck or his shoulders properly."

Vessel? What were these Aspects? Sans replied, "Well, depending on the severity of the damage or the complexity of his vessel I'm sure a regeneration Kanoka can suffice, you'll have to go see Vulimai or the Onu-Matoran that works under her, Bronk, to get access to a disk."

Sans waved his hand at the Matoran as a dismissal of the subject, “Anyway, back to what I was saying. Tell me about yourself and your kind, Sorilax.

Sorilax grew sad and sat a little straighter as he pulled his scroll on Aspects from his backpack, “Yes of course. The threat my brethren pose is greater than you might initially think.

Born of Antidermis, we are creatures of green mist, and of Shadow. We are a gas that inhabits bodies of armor, or even possess others with their approval. Eventually, we return to the pool from which we were born. However, we can be contained or destroyed, even as a gas.

Drawn from my own experience and witnessed to me by a few others, it seems all Aspects are inherently independent, manipulative, selfish, and look down upon other beings. This is not a stereotype. This is a base from which our mind then gains individuality. We are these things first, then we choose how we act after.

I myself am constantly bombarded by ideas and thoughts I would wish I could stop. I think of Shadow and from there I have to choose the Light. Centuries of practice has helped leaps and bounds, but still the thoughts come unbidden. Assaulting me at every turn.

We are not just of Shadow. My kin and I have access to ancient taboos steeped in Shadow. One of these being Desecration Rites. These rites are what I talked of earlier. A willing host promises to fulfil an Aspect’s wish and provides a still beating sentient being’s Heartlight. The Aspect takes the Heartlight and absorbs it as he recites a poem. A Kraata is then formed on the host, granting them one of forty two powers of level one strength.

Showing Sans his scroll, Sorilax told the Turaga of everything he knew of Aspects, or at least everything he could remember. He even mentioned the ringing of the gong and how there were many lost taboos hidden in temples spread across the land. He showed all forty two Kraata variations, their level one and two powers, and the visage of Kraata levels one to three. He also told of an Aspect’s Grand Wish and how, if accomplished, they theoretically could warp even the foundations of the universe. Sorilax covered how some Aspects could even achieve mental communication somehow with their hosts.

Sorilax spoke of his moral Light philosophy and his view that those that killed offensively outside of war were deserving of death from a justice system. How defensive killing in protection of yourself and others was acceptable. How declared war between nations made offensive killing a defensive act.

He even spoke of his own Grand Wish to set all future Life right, so that all beings could be created morally equal. From there he spoke of how he would only perform Desecration Rights if the provided Heartlight had an unknown source, if a being couldn’t be stopped from dying and the Heartlight was preserved, or if it was the Heartlight of a criminal who was rightfully ordered to be executed.

Ultimately, Sorilax spoke of his and Sala’s plan to study the temples of the island, learn the taboos for the sake of history, and then destroy all evidence of them so that no other Aspect would be able to learn what was once contained within.

And with that, he made an end of speaking.

The Turaga sat back, stunned by the wealth of information given so unrestrictedly. The passion with which this Aspect spoke made it all seem true, but then again, even this Sorilax said that all Aspects were inherently manipulative. It was the Matoran’s presence and lack of a Kraata that lended the most credence to the information. And if the last part of what this Aspect said was true, then he should hurriedly send the pair on their way to destroy the horrible and decrepit secrets in the temples.

There was so much to ponder over that Sans couldn’t even think of questions to ask. Instead he simply said, “Thank you both. You have provided me with a wealth of information that I can’t possibly value high enough. Now go, tell Vulimai of the Ko-Toa, get fixed up, gather supplies, and be safely on your way. Both of you take care of Le-Metru Nuva for me. Remember the strength in Unity, Duty, and Destiny.

And do try to see me again some day, Sorilax. We still have much to discuss. But the day grows short and, judging by the noise outside, I still have much to do. Huhuhuhuhu. Farewell, you two. You have given me much to think on.

Sala and Sorilax bid the small blue Turaga goodbye and walked to the door, the noise of several conversations growing loud as the door creaked open and they stepped into the dim light of late afternoon.

Sorilax was disappointed that the good beings of Le-Metru Nuva weren’t getting immediate help, but it seemed even this Metru-Koro had its troubles. Still, the information was given and Le-Metru Nuva was now known to the island. And hopefully soon he would have full range of motion again. Standing there on the porch with Sala, the two seemed an odd pair. But at heart they were the same. Chroniclers.

Sorilax turned to the Matoran of Plasma, “Tell me, old chap, what exactly is the structural appearance of a western guardhouse?

Focused on the future as he was, he did not take notice of Whisper or Ulkarr as of yet. Would the two other Aspects even notice or remember him? If they did, it would most likely be as that annoying old Aspect who asked way too personal of questions soon after they had formed.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Had to reformat everything. There were these weird background gray lines around the text.
  • Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva (7, 8)

"That... could be. But I'm not sure. Let's try moving some more of this sand before we try turning the Suva again. If we don't find anything else, then we can assume that north-northeast is somehow relevant. Maybe it's the point we have to turn to in order to 'input' one of the pillars?"

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"You're not the only one who's ever made a mistake, Kei," Irna said, glancing away from the other woman. "...and I'd be honoured to help you defend the village."

The Zyglak looked back at Keitara, then.

"I would ... like to discuss it," she said. "But perhaps after the battle, yes?"

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

Parnassus grimaced. They had never been much a plotter -- not in comparison to some of their ilk -- but even they could understand that losing Barius right now wouldn't do much for their plans. But it was clear enough that neither warskak would allow for direct interference by the Aspect. But perhaps there was some covert way ... what had the texts said about the bond between Aspect and desecration? A bond of blood, a bond of mind--

:Yes, that's it, isn't it?: Parnassus spoke into Barius' mind. :Can you hear me, friend of mine?:

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

The Skakdi's focus was momentarily disrupted as Parnassus' voice wormed its way into his head. I hear you, demon, came his response.

He stopped to take a breath as he pulled his club from his back, unsure how to proceed with the Aspect. He wanted to win, but using the connection to 'cheat' felt like a hollow victory. And worse, it would place him in a precarious position with his patron. Barius had stressed before to Corrivalis that perception was everything; it wouldn't do to have the Skaks perceive him as a weakling who could not win on his own strength alone.

He could not let the shadowy trickster hold something like that over him.

He could not accept the aid of the Aspect.

Do not interfere, he added, firmly. You will only distract me.

He brandished his club, shutting out everything else but the larger, older Skak before him.

OOC: @Conway @Unreliable Narrator @Keeper of Kraata @Nato the Traveler

IC: Zadred - Ruins of Stone

Zadred wordlessly followed the gang deeper into the ruins, a pensive look on her face.

IC: Druu Arkkan - Po-Metru Airspace

The top half of a proud stone spire that had despite all odds stood unscathed among the ruins of Po-Metru now came crashing down as the middle of it was torn to pieces by The Inferno's blast. "Right, off we go then."

• Like 1

IC: Keitara ( Outside the Sans' Hut Convention Center)

Kei nodded, fighting back tears that stung the corners of her eyes. "Thank you" she whispered, then "I agree. After the battle. We'll have all the time in the world to talk then."

The Av-Toa gulped down a fortifying breath, and then added "Do you know anybody else who might be willing to tag along? If not, we could always make for Knichou's airship and scope things out."

(OOC: @Conway)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."