Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

Yaushe opened the door for Zsann. "Hey, Zsann. This is my... new friend... Sorry, I never asked your name, did I?"

@A-tak-nid@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Zsann, at the van

Zsann took a step back when the van doors opened, then peered inside, seeing a matoran just... lying there? The Skakdi tilted her head to the side, contemplating for a second, then she climbed into the van carefully, and gently closed the doors behind herself.

She kept a respectful distance to the matoran, sitting down.
"Y-you o-o-okay?"

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Toru Nui

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Waveahk (Coliseum Outskirts, The Eclipse, The Bridge)

Waveahk also checked his weapons, his Xian revolver and his Kanoka Blade, before squeezing through the ship's narrow corridors.

@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Yaushe)

"Navu... I'm Navu. And I'm... uh, not OK, at the moment."

@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

"Nice to meet you, Navu. I'm Toa Yaushe." To Zsann, she said, "Navu's... been through a lot. Might have to get someone to go to her place, some messed up stuff going down there, by the sounds of it."

@A-tak-nid@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Zsann, Yaushe

Zsann simply nodded, remaining otherwise unmoved. They could do that, of course. Out of reflex she wondered what she would have made for a mission like this back when she had still been... but then again, this wasn't back when.

With a barely audible sigh she leaned back against the wall of the van. Should she put a blanket on the matoran?

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Toru Nui

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: The Wastes - aftermath of the Shagrak/warskak battle

Two skakdi clung to one another for support as they stumbled across the sun-seared sands, a trail of bloody footprints leading away from the sputtering wreckage of their ruined rig. They were little more than living debris in the trail of disruption and detritus Shagrak had left behind, the rest of their warband having left them for dead in their retreat.

Even they were lost and alone, stranded in the heart of the great sand worm's hunting grounds, they thought themselves lucky to have survived. 

They were mistaken. 

The scavengers of the sands followed in Shagrak's wake, from the small cunning rahi who knew how to forage an easy meal, to the bolder mesi braving the dying daylight in search of resources to retrieve. But one being in particular had been drawn to the vibrations of the idling engine, burrowing up through sand and shattered stone to find it. 

And once it caught the scent of fresh blood, it dropped to all fours and loped slowly after the two survivors. 

The more badly injured of the pair, leaning heavily on his comrade for support due to a ragged wound to his leg, stumbled and fell, overcome by a sudden bout of dizziness and disorientation. As his companion bent to help him up, a cold, cloying fog swept in around them, made all the more chilling by how obviously out-of-place it was in the open desert. 

Something moved in the mist, rattling like an irritated serpent. The still-standing skakdi drew their spear - a channeling weapon for their element of air - and summoned a gust of wind to disperse the cloud. The fog recoiled, rolling back to reveal a figure whose sallow skin tone made it appear part of the mist, who sunken features made it appear more phantom than flesh. The creature had no eyes, just sinewy skin stretched over empty sockets, yet the skakdi could sense it was staring right at him. 

He screamed, and the monster struck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Mace in his left hand, macuahuitl in his right, Marrow lunged at his prey.

The skakdi - acting more on instinct than intention - unleashed another blast of air from his spear, but Marrow had been ready for it, his macuahuitl already swinging forth to strike the end of the extended spear as he closed in. The point of the weapon was batted aside, and the blast went wide, allowing Marrow to step in close and bring his mace down on the skakdi's outstretched arm.

His aim was honed through countless decades of practice, and informed by an intimate knowledge of skakdi anatomy. The source of the scream had given an approximate indication of the skakdi's height, which had in turn allowed Marrow to make a rough estimate of the length of his target's limbs. The sound and sensation of the skakdi's elbow cracking sideways under his blow told him his estimation was correct. 

The skakdi jerked away, screaming ever louder, and Marrow released his grip on the mace, leaving it anchored in the skakdi's arm. He raised his empty hand to grip the handle of his macuahuitl, and brought the weapon sweeping down with both hands towards the source of the screams.

Flesh rent. Bone scraped.

But the skakdi didn't stop screaming. 

Marrow dragged the weapon back, sawing deeper into his prey as he pulled the weapon free. Something warm and wet spattered his arms. Though he couldn't see it, he knew fragments of the teeth his blade was hewn from would undoubtedly be breaking off in the wound. It didn't matter. He had plenty to replace them with. As he raised his hands for another blow, he felt hands clawing weakly at his leg - the other skakdi, no doubt. He ignored them, and brought his weapon down once again. 

The screams stopped. 

Weak whimpers replaced them. 

He struck again, and the skakdi fell silent. 

Dropping the weapon in the sand, he kicked away the skakdi grabbing his leg, then fell upon him, seizing him by the face as he begged for his life.  

"Your ilk showed no mercy when you drove us underground!" He roared, wrenching the skakdi's jaw until cartilage cracked and the gibbering ceased, "You call us beasts, treat us like lesser beings, so savagery is all you'll get from me." 

He adjusted his grip, shaking and twisting the skakdi's head until his neck snapped and his struggles ceased. 

And then he stepped away, his fingers torn and bloody from where the skakdi had bitten him. He'd had sharp teeth, firm and well cared-for. They'll make welcome additions to my collection. He gathered up his weapons, grabbed the ankles of his victims, and began dragging them back towards the tunnel he'd emerged from. There was much work to be done, but he preferred to do it in the safety of the underground. 

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

:Well, try not to die, then,: Parnassus replied, before crossing their arms and leaning back, ready to watch the proceedings.

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"I don't know where Skorm and Tekmo went," Irna said. "We can try to find them, ask them to join us."

She looked down and reached into her bag. She pulled out a small piece of cloth -- the only part left of her old cape after Metru-Nui fell -- and held it out to Kei.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut

Seeing two beings leave the Turaga's hut, Knichou decided to finally enter, with Nale following right behind him. Hopefully the Turaga would be receptive to what Knichou was going to ask for.

"Hello Sans. I've come to discuss several things, many of which are urgent."

The Toa of Iron paused, waiting for a reply before he would continue.

OOC: @Azibo

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Keitara ( Outside the Sans' Hut Convention Center)

Kei gently took the cloth, and looked questioningly up at the woman before her. "What is this?" she asked softly.

(OOC: @Conway)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Korruhn, ???

The Administrator spoke few words, and yet each word seemed to unfurl into a deep, intangible mystery of its' own. Speak of Builders, Kaita; jargon Korruhn would associate with the archaic, not something he'd expect in a conversation here and now. Then again, he had no idea where here was, or even when at this point.

"I abandoned nothing," Korruhn stated firmly. "I was cursed with whatever this is trying to fulfill my destiny; to save Metru Nui from it's own destruction!" His right hand clenched into a fist at the thought; he couldn't even save his home, and he had the scars to prove it.

"How then, 'Administrator', can we prove our destiny,  when we don't know what it is anymore?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

"What is a Metru-Nui? I do not know such a person, place, or thing. If you seek to prove your worthiness, complete the challenges of this temple to reveal your destiny."

The gold and purple portal in the icy doorway they created glowed brightly, beckoning the three to enter into the unknown.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

Happy chat.

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika nodded and managed, “My memories aren’t … there are gaps, but I am pretty sure the island wasn’t covered with this much sand and dust. Maybe the tribe who built this never considered that part of it would be buried.” She shakily stood up, and began to pull out her Kanoka. But as she gripped it she felt the frost linger on her fingers.

Hey Ollem,” she muttered, looking away from her dish, “this is probably obvious, but is it safe to dig with this disk, using it as a crude trowel? Or is it just going to freeze the ground? I … don’t know the rules of these disks, at least I don’t remember.

I do have a bedroll made of algae and some cloth made of seaweed, maybe we could shove aside the sand with them?” She sighed as a new thought brushed against her, “Rather not use the bedroll though, it would be the Pits to clean sand out of my sleeping bag. Though I also have this thick flat weapon I found by the Vahki.

She gestured behind her to a Staff of Loyalty, bedroll, and a backpack. Which she had not removed to lighten her load. Even after all this time. Despite trying to move a heavy piece of machinery. Given the expression on her face, her mistake was dawning on herself too.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad Guess who realized Mahrika has a bit more equipment on her. No wonder she is so easily exhausted. 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Kilo-M9:

Progress on wall carving translation is being delayed. Carvings do not seem to match letters. Might be art rather than writing.

Cancelling translation procedure. Puzzle has been solved.

Unknown voice detected. Choice of vocabulary indicates artificial intelligence or organic pretending to be an artificial intelligence.

Progress can be made, but questions still unasked.

Solution: walk and talk.

The former archives denizen looked up from its work on the wall carvings as the puzzle wall opened into an inviting doorway. As the group began to make their way deeper into the ruins, the machine vocalized some questions it had for the voice calling itself Administrator.

Multiple queries: When was this temple constructed relative to present time? Why do you require our names? What is contained within these ruins? This first puzzle required knowledge of matoran culture. Was it designed to keep out non-matoran? What is the meaning of the wall carvings in the first chamber? Other ruins around the island have been reported. Are there administrators for those ruins, and if so are they separate entities or do you act as administrator for all ruins? What is the purpose of the gong on top of this ruin’s outer structure?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@Tarn@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali
  • Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Keitara ( Team up for battle, we fly...)

Kei giggled damply, then gently lifted her mask to dry her eyes. Sniffling, she re-folded the cloth and passed it back to Irna. "Thank you. You're... you are a good friend."

Re-adjusting her mask of emulation, Kei smiled up at her new teammate. "Ready when you are" she said.

(OOC: @Conway)

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Vulimai (Guard Captain's Office)

The two of them sat there within the office, simply taking in each other's company. Eventually, Vulimai began to straighten herself within her chair and turned towards Juno, her soft exterior returning to the cold hard look of a leader. “If you want to help me carry my burdens then you can go find Twesh and his chosen kanoka throwers and give them their posts along the western wall, we need to have the entire western side covered by at least two matoran at any point. Also, go check in with Bronk, give me the exact numbers we have on what’s in the armory from him.” 

Juno, standing up from the floor next to Vulimai, gave her a mocking salute before heading towards the door, being stopped by Vulimai just before he left. “One more thing, go check on the New Archive, see what fortifications there are currently and keep an eye on anyone who can assist on the fortifications.” “Got it Captain.” Juno gave one last cheeky smile before heading out the door.

Once again left alone, Vulimai sat there in contemplation within her office, pulling back out the communicator and looking down onto it thoughtfully. With a final sigh, Vulimai pressed the button to open communications and spoke into the device, “Vulimai speaking, Jorak you there?”

OOC: @Onaku

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

Glaring at the purple skak, Apex's eyes lingered away towards the shadowy tendrils that surrounded her. Noticing the tendrils, Apex seemingly…recoiled at the shadows under her own control, the tendrils quickly recoiled back into where they came from. Turning away from the room's occupants, Apex curled against the wall, a light chuffing sound coming from her maw.

“You tell me my hate is misguided, but I tell you this. Before the skakdi ever came, there were matoran, and those matoran knew the balance between nature and their own civilization. They never experienced my wrath, but the skakdi…You say what they have done is in the name of progress, but the only progress I have witnessed is the progressive destruction of this island and its people.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Ice

"What is a Metru-Nui? I do not know such a person, place, or thing. If you seek to prove your worthiness, complete the challenges of this temple to reveal your destiny."

The gold and purple portal in the icy doorway they created glowed brightly, beckoning the three to enter into the unknown.

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"More puzzles? Sure, why not?" She muttered, as she strode forwards and stepped through the doorway. 

@Unreliable Narrator

14 minutes ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

“Before the skakdi ever came, there were matoran, and those matoran knew the balance between nature and their own civilization. They never experienced my wrath, but the skakdi…You say what they have done is in the name of progress, but the only progress I have witnessed is the progressive destruction of this island and its people.”

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"The weak fall to the strong. That is nature. If you're as ancient as you say, then you must know that," as the shadows withdrew, he lowered his rifle again, "Now, to clarify your earlier remark - we are not trapped here," he gestured to the half-melted skakdi, "Someone shot him in the head, and they're not here now, which means there is a way out. The archway behind me is a puzzle, and I believe I'm close to a solution." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"Excuse me." Ulkarr spoke to Irna and Keitara. "Perhaps I could assist you in... whatever it is that you're doing, I presume trying to defend this settlement?"

Meanwhile, Klawne would linger patiently outside, waiting for the results of Knichou and Nale's meeting with this Turaga Sans.

@Conway@TL01 NUVA

Navu pried herself up from the floor. "I don't think they're at my house anymore... but Datrox... someone should probably thaw and bury him."

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Part of his fatigue was surely somatic, Skorm though. His shoulders slumped. Tekmo surely wouldn't mind if Skorm crashed at his place, since he was lending him his car already. After some rest, surely he'd be more fit to handle everything that was happening. When he blinked, he felt himself drifting to sleep. He hadn't stayed in the Koro for very long; scarcely one night. In fact, this was his first time alone walking the village; he barely recognized some of the scrap-built buildings around him. He recognized Sans's hut; he could hear his heartstone pulse in his ears. But outside he spotted his friends again, with some others.

"Hey you two."

OOC: @Conway @TL01 NUVA

IC: Kaylus (Ruins of Fire)

"Sister," Kaylus intoned in a honeyed voice as he turned towards Apex, "If you can sheathe your claws for the moment and be patient with your tract, we can solve our predicament here and go back to what we were doing. Tearing each other apart, pacting, dissecting, whatever we want; but for now, I would rather figure out how to leave, as well as why exactly such a device exists to call our kind to this trap. Unless someone wishes to drop the mysterious act and explain."

The broad-shouldered Aspect then turned to Xane, pointing a claw. "You, foreign skakdi. Please elaborate on this... puzzle."

OOC: @Eyru @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Keitara ( Team up for battle, we fly...)

Keitara let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding when she saw Skorm. He hadn't gone off on a suicide mission. Her friend was safe.

Well, safe as someone in a city about to be under seige could be.

"Howdy, stranger," said Kei, smiling faintly, "you from 'round these parts?"

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"Excuse me." Ulkarr spoke to Irna and Keitara. "Perhaps I could assist you in... whatever it is that you're doing, I presume trying to defend this settlement?"

Kei turned around, addressing this newest arrival. "Certainly. Every set of hands would help. I'm hoping to assist Knichou. He has access to an airship and is a Ghost to boot!" Kei paused, then added "...along with apparently being my teacher while... while I was a Ghost as well..."

(OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 2

20220406_234727.jpg

54 minutes ago, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Kaylus (Ruins of Fire)

"I would rather figure out how to leave, as well as why exactly such a device exists to call our kind to this trap. Unless someone wishes to drop the mysterious act and explain." The broad-shouldered Aspect then turned to Xane, pointing a claw. "You, foreign skakdi. Please elaborate on this... puzzle."

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"I can't speak to why this place would summon... whatever you are," he replied. These creatures all looked so different, yet referred to each other as siblings, and identified as being of the same race. It was strange, but Xane had more pressing matters to consider. "But I believe the outline behind me conceals an actual door, and the engravings are clues to opening it."

His mind had not been idle during the conversation with the newcomers. The clues he'd gleaned from the basin had perplexed him, until he'd reconsidered their meaning. Lines and circles were not used solely in the numbers and letters of Matoran, but also in the symbols the carved into trinkets and tools. He'd seen such symbols used by Matoran workers on Xia, and several of them bore a circle in their centre, just like the apparent zero that had appeared when he'd first dripped his blood in the basin. Given the element this temple pertained to, he had a feeling he knew which symbols in particular were required to open it. The clues were not the Three Virtues, as he'd originally suspected, but something a little more complicated. 

"Assuming this place was built by the Matoran who once inhabited this island, and they share similar values to the Matoran from where I come from, then I suspect these clues adhere to certain principles and virtues held by the Ta-Matoran," he pointed to the clues one by one, "Obligatory Service is almost certainly the virtue of Duty. By the same logic, Unbreakable Spirit is most likely the principle of Courage, and Superior Force is obviously the skill of Strength." 

He lowered his hand to indicate the basin before the door, "Somehow, I think we have to sacrifice some kind of representation of those values to the bowl in order to progress." 

@Sparticus147 @Keeper of Kraata @Eyru @Onaku @Toru Nui

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

Deep in thought, they had been silent through the rising tensions. Lost in their own memories and musings. Now they surfaced again, like a swimmer coming up for air.

"This temple," they announced at last, "Is no trap. Not for us. It was raised... in the Time Before Time. Ere the first of our kind came up out of the pools."

Their head slowly turned to look at Xane. Had they worn an expression, it might have been impressed. But their shadowed face was as inscrutable as ever. "Well reasoned," they said. They seemed about to continue, but lapsed again into silence instead.

• Like 1

"I'm sure there's somebody who can help," Yaushe said. "Leaving someone out like that... it's not right."

Yaushe paused, and heard something outside.

"And is a Ghost to boot! ... along with apparently being my teacher while... while I was a Ghost as well..."

Yaushe's motor near stuttered. More ghosts? She thought she was alone, an outlier... but the person who'd spoken was clearly alive. Still, what else could they mean...?

She was startled out of her train of thought by Triage, and spoke to him with her 'outside voice'. "Uh. Hey. You know anyone who can thaw a dead body?"

• Like 2

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Outside Sans' Hut)

The medic paused next to Yaushe, rubbing his audio receptors to make sure he heard right. "...pardon? I mean...I know somebody who could but I don't think you want her help..."

Not the time.

"Uh, whose body, exactly? What happened?"

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Sans' Hut)

Nale leaned against the wall closest to the doorway, her arms crossed, almost in a manner like she was standing guard against anyone wanting to interrupt the discussion and prolong it. What was the deal with that woman outside? Seemed like a big part of Knichou's past she hadn't heard before, and maybe that made sense, they hadn't been friends that long, but she was still curious. Her questions about it would have to wait, however long, because even after the Toa of Iron was done speaking with Turaga Sans there would still be the issue of an attack happening.

And the issue of getting out of it alive.

@BULiK@Azibo

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

The two men stood on the glowing ledge. Barius stepped away from his patron aspect, choosing his hefty club over the dark magic of Parnassus. Boss lowered his bloodied fist, holding the spear he stole from back in Po-Koro with one hand. Torak’s blood stained the wood of the spear shaft. He stuffed his left hand into a pocket and slipped his fingers through the holes of his  trusty knuckleduster. No harm being prepared now.

Their ritual duel took place with little room to maneuver. The ledge extended little more than thirty feet from the cavern wall to the lip of the pit, and barely twice that in length. Torak’s blood made the floor slick under their claws. One mistake, one misstep, and they could tumble right off the edge to their untimely death. 

Boss admitted Barius was a formidable warrior in his own right, someone worthy of being put down honorably rather than simply grabbed and thrown off the side. Boss wasn’t an honorable man. He didn’t become the leader of the warskaks through honor. He became a leader through a self-assured vision of a better future, and an unrelenting willingness to destroy anything between himself and his goal. Boss leveled the spear towards Barius’ chest and took a deep breath. 

Both men stood tall for skakdi. Both men were close friends with Death. Both men knew the temptation of the aspects, their multi-colored parasites clinging to the backs of their necks beneath their frills. The kraata proved their strength: they stood tall and fought even with the knowledge of sacrificing decades of their life by becoming hosts. Even knowing the true origin as the excitedly pulsing kraata on Barius, Boss felt the flicker of fear inside him, unsettling him, and impossible to fully crush deep within him as long as Barius drew breath. Sweat already dripped down his face from the heat of the volcano. He ground his teeth together and pushed his jaw forward in defiance.

Boss stepped forward, the silver blood on the ground splattering his shins. He felt Barius look at him where his eyes should be, unsure of how to proceed, but Boss saw the world from further away and from a veteran perspective. As Fyura confirmed, Boss fought in and won the rite of the tahtorak before. It all flashed past in his memories, the terrors of his youth and the horror of his broken family dragged to the surface by the journey through the halls of Irnakk’s domain to reach the Pit Witches deep inside the volcano. It angered him to know Barius’ kraata could feed off those memories. His memories were his own enemy right now, so he banished them and forced his mind to the present moment. 

Boss saw himself approaching Barius. Boss saw Irnakk watching, the metaphysical nightmare god clinging to the walls above them like some demonic spider rahi with the ivory grin of a full moon. Boss saw many things watching the duel no one else could. It was his blessing and his curse to see the true image of any physical or metaphysical entity from a perspective outside himself.

“Come on then,” He growled and watched himself lunge forward, the speartip glittering in the dark red light of the hazy pit toward Barius while he pulled his clenched fist from his pocket, “time to die.”

OOC: @Burnmad, let's rumble. You'll be receiving Boss' profile very soon.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru Koro greenhouses:

The heat of the deserts during the day were comfortable to Kat, but the warmth and humidity of the inside of the greenhouses suited her even better and she took a deep breath and gave a satisfied sigh as she exhaled.

"Wow, I had no idea we had a place like this! Kinda reminds me of the jungle around the temple back home!" She gave Taja a grin, "And all these different plants! I've never even seen some of these before!"

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro Greenhouses

"Me either," Taja admitted. She wasn't much of a botanist.

She was feeling stronger as the sun sank lower and the blue of the sky grew deeper. No longer weakly balancing on shaking knees, she stood tall and sure. And yet her veins still ran cold, and her bones still ached. She felt empty as a dry well. The warmth of the greenhouse did nothing: she felt the humidity and the heat on her skin, but it went no deeper. It was a reminder that she was changed.

This place suddenly seemed a mockery to her. The lush foliage and fruit-laden branches were proof of life that she no longer felt. She could feel the absence of some vital spark deep within her, some cavity that nothing could fill. All this warmth and life reminded her that she did not belong here anymore. She was not alive like her companions were. She was a blight on this place.

But she managed to force a smile in Kat's direction. "I'm going to step outside, she said. "Take as long as you want."

OOC: @The UltimoScorp @Onaku

IC: Reliable Narrator | Tekmo’s Journey

Tekmo saw the following things on his drive west: an airship flying away from Metru-Koro towards the fallen head of his god, the flickering lights of the rapidly rebuilding city of legends, torn earth clods littering the fields and hillsides, a few grazing rahi, and the grey mist rising above the toxic superfund site of a protodermis lake leaking from the skull. He saw birds in the sky, a single sun warming the earth, and in the farthest distance with the aid of a tool like a telescope he could make out an ice covered ziggurat ruin along the most western coast of the island.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius saw a wicked speartip shoot forward, while metal-adorned knuckles emerged from Boss' pocket. And as his irises turned and his vision zoomed in, he saw many other things. Four whole Kraata. The knife that served as key to the Wagon, concealed on his person. Jar of spice. 'Miss's' ball. Couple of canteens. Some general supplies, among them some oil.

And then Boss' skin dissipated like smoke, and he saw the muscles that lay beneath. The pristine whiteness of his still-living skeleton. A bad hip.

He smirked slightly as he swung his arm, club batting the spear off course. The clack! of two wooden objects colliding echoed through the cavern. Stepping forward to meet the advancing Skak, he thrust his head forward into Boss' face.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Safely sheltered underground once more, just out of the reach of the dying daylight filtering in through one of the holes where Shagrak had breached the surface, Marrow sat upon a dislodged rock and set to work treating his hands. He thoroughly washed his wounds with fresh water from his waterskin, smearing the lacerations with a salve of herbs before binding his calloused hands in scraps of cloth to cover the cuts. 

Marrow did not pretend to know all, but he was old, and wise. Disease and infection were as deadly as any weapon, if not more so, and had claimed their fair share of lives among the Mesi. If was to perish someday, it would be against a tangible foe, not some microscopic malice. 

With that work done, he began to carefully clean his weapons, wiping away the blood and retying torn bindings. Broken teeth were plucked free, and replaced with new ones. The ones he'd torn from the jaws of his latest victims made for excellent replacements. It was a gradual, therapeutic process, one that gave him the time to contemplate the quiet and calm his mind. Caring for one's tools was important, as was taking the time to recuperate fully from battles, regardless of how brief they were. 

Once he was ready, he set off across the surface once more, a makeshift, threadbare shawl draped over his shoulders to protect his flesh from the searing sun. Based on the number of tracks they'd left behind, those he was following were most likely Nektann's warskaks. They were weakened, retreating, the encounter with Shagrak having pushed them off-course, and that left them vulnerable. 

There was an opportunity here for him to whittle down their numbers a little further, and he intended to take it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

This was it. The battle between Boss and Barius had begun.

To an extent, Corrivalis was surprised the rivalry between the two had come to a head so swiftly. Mere hours ago, Barius had still been playing his games of perception, and now the game was over. Blood would spill. Only one would survive as themself. The winner would lead the warband. The loser would become a monster. 

And for Corrivalis, nothing would change. 

Was this all he was? A follower, a witness, doomed to watch others rise and fall while he never amounted to anything? 

He had no ambition. He didn't understand the point of it. But at the same time, as he watched the fight, felt adrenaline and anticipation begin to pulse through his veins as his inherent instincts urged him to replicate the moves before him, he understood the stakes of what was happening before him. He envied that significance. He wanted to be more... and he feared he never would be.

The fear hadn't stopped gnawing at him. There was something about this place that left him unsettled to his core... but the fear had started long before that, on the way up. The more he dwelled on, the more he struggled to understand it. The antagonism between Barius and Boss was clear, the expendable nature of the captured skakdi even clearer. There had been nothing for Corrivalis to worry about... unless... 

He moved to where Parnassus stood, speaking quietly as he gave voice to the suspicion roiling within him. "When Barius gave you that Toa's heart, what power did you give him in return?" 

@Conway

"Someone's gotten murdered, by the sounds of it." Yaushe's voice was a low thrum, a rumble from the back of the van. "Navu- she's resting in here- says it happened at her house. Thinks the murderer's long gone, but the corpse is still there, frozen. And I..."

It was hard to tell, but her voice sounded... defeated, somehow. "I can't bury a body."

@Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva (7, 8)

Ollem scratched his head. "I think you can dig with the disk. It shouldn't activate if you're careful not to shove it into the ground too hard. But I've never tried it before. The Vahki staff would make for a decent digging tool as well, though probably not as good as the disk. And if the disk does freeze the sand, the staff would be good for breaking it up into bits so we can still move it.

An idea occurred to him. "You know, maybe you could use that disk to keep the sand we move from flowing back into place. And, perhaps, prevent new sand from blowing into the area."

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"I am Ulkarr, and I must say, you're looking very alive for someone who is a 'ghost'." He said to Keitara.

@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Tekmo (Northern Desert, The Muaka)

Tekmo stopped the vehicle and began speaking into his wrist. "Tekmo's log. I've decided to keep a log despite the lack of recording devices currently on hand because shut up, I can do what I like. So far, no obvious sign of approaching hostiles. Unusual temple with out of place ice formations sighted... you know, because it's a desert. Beginning recon." He then started the Muaka back up again, and headed in the direction of the temple.

@Unreliable Narrator@Keeper of Kraata

That was odd. It felt as if Yaushe's voice was now coming from... outside? Like it was through a speaker, but then logically, she should be able to hear the original voice, shouldn't she? Yaushe was just in the driver's seat, right?

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

IC: Keitara (Teen Titans assemble!)

Kei's laugh had just the tiniest bit off about it. "Yes. Funny, that. But no, Ghost as in..."

There it went. The thought had been there, she'd slid into it like a needle in a record groove. And then... pushed away. She had to talk more with Knichou. The more she could learn about her past, maybe the less this... this *whatever* blocking her memories could do to stop her.

"...well, I'd have to ask Knichou."

She hesitated for a second, then asked hesitantly "Why? Do you... are ghosts a common thing around here?" Her voice held a bit more interest than she meant it to. "Do people often escape from the grave?"

-(OOC: Kei, subtle as ever. @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Conway)

• Like 1

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

"I believe it depends on your definition of 'ghost'. Returning from the grave, however, is not something I have witnessed."

@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail)

After some considerable trekking, Gnabol, Mazor and the seven Skaklets they were carrying caught up with the Aqua Sphere.

@Unreliable Narrator@Smudge8

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Zaliyah - En-route to annihilation

As the rest of the airships reported in, Zaliyah tried to think of another delay, another diversion, another means to hold back the inevitable for a few moments longer. A part of her still hoped the villagers might see sense, that the total eradication of the Matoran race wouldn't be necessary... but in the end, she had no excuses left.

Pridak was right. They'd had centuries to change their ways, and they'd still clung to the opulent, oppressive superiority they believed their god to have given them. Two days more or less wasn't going to change anything, especially given that even the death of their supposed deity hadn't been enough to shake their misplaced faith.

"All ships, set a course for Metru-Koro," she ordered into the radio, "We'll coordinate an attack strategy once we're closer to the target." 

The Razorfish wheeled about, setting a course back in the direction of the Coliseum - and the outer world that lay beyond it. As she flew, Zaliyah switched to an open channel, broadcasting to any other airships in the city. 

"This is Zaliyah, calling Tugarak and any other allied pilots in the vicinity." Her tone was impassive, forcefully devoid of the conflict she still felt inside. "Pridak has ordered an all-out assault on the enemy encampment called Metru-Koro. Anyone wishing to provide air support is welcome to join us."

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Kal the Guardian and anyone else in Metru-Nui with a working radio.

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 3

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro)

As the two beings walked out of the turaga's hut, passing the various individuals outside of the place, the two of them began to make their way through the roads of Metru-Koro. Guards and citizens alike busily ran to and forth, carrying supplies, arms, or other such goods to their needed destination. The entire city was alive with anticipation for what might be coming, unknowing the direness of their situation truly.

"Okay Sorilax, the garrison should be coming into sight any second now." Soon, as they neared the walls themselves, the sight of a large stone rectangular building came into sight, empty windows placed upon the second floor of the building allowed for kanoka throwers to attack anyone on the ground and a large tower came out of one side of the garrison, granting sight across the settlement the whole thing being built into the walls themselves.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Gore Fury (McGrokk's Shop)

"Oh, why hello there my illustrious friend, you must be Mr. McGrokk? I've heard a few things about you good sir and I came to see it for myself." Gore said, using his presence and charm to essentially invite himself within McGrokk's shop, taking in the full crowded and dishevel sight of McGrokk's shop. "Seems like you got quite the plentiful establishment here, but I got to ask this, what's your opinion on...food?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Uraborask and Skrillix (The Rig)

Admiring his handiwork for a brief moment, Uraborask returned to his truck, giving Skriliix a scratch on the head before driving into the Rig itself. Going slowly over the various wide walkways and gangplanks, Uraborask eventually reached the garages, where skakdi pay to keep their rigs out of the public parking and secure. Remembering the last time Uraborask had a run-in with a garage worker, Uraborask chose to risk the public parking lots and the thieves who might try to rob him.

Finding a relatively isolated lot, Uraborask parked his truck, and with Skrillix, made his way towards Yoshimak's Hotspot'n'Sushi to get some food.

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi shuddered as he slid the lump of Protodermis into the makeshift forget, heating it to activate its natural abilities. Then he slid it out and drew a hammer, striking it over and over the shape it, before pulling out a fire staff and melting it. Gradually he shaped it—

Snap. The would-be disk broke in half, the two shards hurled to the ground. Kanohi leapt back from the explosion, falling flat on his back, panting shallow breathes. The Fe-Matoran shook, before crawling over, and picking up both chunks of Protodermis.

Better stick them back then, start over,” a Su-Matoran remarked as he shaped some small components. “I know you have an aesthetic, but they will be useless to the village left like that. And you don’t need more armor, especially when I finish making you these components.

Kanohi nodded shakily, closing his eyes. Just … don’t be overwhelmed by your failure, keep trying. You understand how Regeneration Disks work better than any other disk, you … you can do it. For the Matoran.

He plunged the shards of Protodermis back into Forge, melting them down into each other. It was slow, waiting for them to merge once more, and Kanohi’s hands shook the entire time with unease.

Then finally he pulled free the restored lump, and began to hammer and forge, moving slow with shaking hands. And gradually the shape of a a disk was pounded and shaped into the Protodermis.

Kanohi took the disk into his hands, it … it wasn’t perfect, a bit smaller than the average disk because of the damage he had done, balance felt a little less than perfect. But would it work? The Fe-Matoran pulled his arm back and aimed for a broken chunk of wall kept damaged for testing. He reared his arm back and threw.

The disk was indeed a little off balance, landing roughly 0.5 Bios off course. Still it hit the damaged spot, and indeed the cracks began to meld together. Soon enough the wall was strong as ever. Based on the speed it was low level, maybe level one, or at most level two? Still, it was one more disk for Po-Koro.

Not bad, not great though. Still, maybe you can get better if you keep at it. And we could use the help at least.

Kanohi nodded before walking over and picking up the disk. He put it to the side, before going back to the next chunk of ore.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator hopefully this is okay.

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika nodded, “Yeah, maybe freeze it in place or make a ridge for the sand to not slid against. That could work.” She pulled out the Staff of Loyalty, and laid the rest of her supplies on the ground. She began to shove aside the sand, using its flat side like the plow of an ice breaking boat. It would be slow going, so she remarked as she pushed, “Feel free to join in.” Was anything revealed as she pushed aside the sand?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Taku Crew, Metru-Koro North Gate, The Taku

In the bridge of the Taku, Berys was spinning around in the co-pilot's chair, bored. The Le-Matoran was not a fan of waiting around for his captain to get business taken care of on the surface. Cap said he just wanted to talk to one guy, right? What was taking him so long? The crew on board had long since finished any equipment checks that were needed, and Berys really wished there was a radio station like in Metru-Nui so he could at least listen to music while slacking off. The only things transmitting over the airwaves of Zakaz were intermittent bursts of traffic occasionally breaking up the static rumbling voice of the universe.

Edited by BULiK
Miscommunication, had to retcon some stuff

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)