Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zaliyah - En-route to Metru-Koro

The glimmering sheen of the silver sea stared up at Zaliyah as the Razorfish sliced silently across the sky, passing through the ragged tear in the city's skull and into the open air of the desert beyond. It was easy to forget how close and complicated the world was when you were so far above and away from it. 

She sat in silence as the fleet flew forth, quietly drumming her fingertips on the console beside her as she waited. When they were closer to the village, she would talk the others through the plan - not that this operation required too much in the way of tactics. 

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Onaku - we're not timeskipping to Metru-Koro quite yet, I believe @Sparticus147 has someone in place to spot us leaving. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Symbols... yes..." he muttered thoughtfully, trying both to recall the sigils the Matoran used, and how he could get them into the bowl. He didn't exactly have pen and paper to-hand, but perhaps there was something else he could use. "Let's see if this works." 

He knelt beside the dead skakdi he'd pulled out of the lava pit earlier, prying free three fragments of the battered armour it wore. Then he picked at his fingertip, reopening the cut he'd made earlier, and used the blood to trace the symbols for Duty, Courage, and Strength onto the fragments. Once that was done he placed the pieces - in the order of the corresponding clues - in the basin and stepped away, waiting to see what happened. 

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

Yaushe watched the other two go, and then awkwardly addressed Navu. "I'd offer to play music or something, but my sound system's busted. Sorry. And... sorry about your house. Zsann and Triage'll fix things up, I'm sure."

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"You're from the Islets?" Irna said. She couldn't help but feel a little frustrated -- to have nearly died trying to get to the islets earlier today, only for two of their inhabitants to simply stroll over to Metru-Koro by evening. "You're certain that we wouldn't be able to find some way to negotiate with your people for refuge there?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Shame," Parnassus said, glancing over at Corrivalis. "You'll never know what you missed."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“You are not apostatized. A translation is not necessary.”

OOC: @Onaku

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“I appreciate the cooking, I suppose, I really do, but anyone ever tell you this is very, very strange?” McGrokk asked as he sat down. He poked at one of the taco’s first before loading up a plate. They were indeed quite tasty, much better than he could do if given a similar amount of time. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zsann, approaching the hut

Zsann had followed behing Triage as had been expected of her, a loose grip on the shovel, as she had mostly brought it along to be prepared.

She nodded to Triage. Sure this wouldn't be pretty, but she had probably seen things as bad in the past. Even though they were expecting only a dead body inside, she was a bit apprehensive.

OOC: @Tarn

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Vulimai (Guard Captain's Office)

"Toa Jorak, Vulimai speaking, do you copy, over?!" As Vulimai spoke into the communicator, hoping for a response, she wondered if the last time they spoke was the last time she was ever to hear from the toa. Setting down the communicator down onto the desk, Vulimai sat there, contemplating all that was to happen for several long stressful minutes.

Knowing nothing else to do and needing to be alone with some fresh air, Vulimai made her way out of her office, taking the communicator out of some desperate hope. Heading down the hallway, Vulimai turned towards the stairs that lead to the tower extending out of the fortress, hoping that no one is up there at the moment. Moving open the hatch to the tower's peak, Vulimai walked out into the twilight light of the down casted head, looking over Metru-Koro as a whole taking in the cool night air.

Making their way across the dunes and hills towards the shattered head, within lies Metru-Nui and the terrible enemy that now dwells within it. Gree and Paya walked for several hours in silence, the tension of the whole affair making the normally chatty couple move in utter silence. It was only when they were a one third of the way there that the silence was broken, as the po-matoran Gree turned towards his partner Paya, a ga-matoran. 

"Paya, why did you come along with me? Why didn't you stay within Metru-Koro, where it is safe?" "Because Gree, I wasn't going to let you do this alone kolhii-head. I don't trust you wondering off without getting in trouble, and...and..." "Hey, hey, Paya, look at me, nothing is going to happen, I'm sure of it. Let's just think of that beach house we always wanted, us weaving baskets made out of dried kelp, me keeping a pen of ussal crabs." "Yeah, yeah, I remember, do you think we should set up camp since it's getting dark or should we keep going." "Well, let's first get over this hill and see...how..much..farther it is..." "Gree, what is..it..."

The two matoran stood in stunned silence, as in the distance, around halfway from Metru-Koro to Metru-Nui and closing swiftly, were the silhouetted navigation lights of League airships. It was Paya who finally regained her senses first, with Gree following along as Paya shook him out of his stupor as the two quickly got to work setting up the signal fire, hoping that someone, anyone would spy the smoke trail or the dim light of the fire as they finally got it alight. 

Standing there, doing everything they can to keep the fire alight, the two matoran held each other, praying heedless prays to a dead god, for both their safety and the safety of those they knew.

Eventually, Vulimai's eyes were drawn towards the vast expansive desert beyond the city, her gaze shifting across the entirety of the island, stopping upon the constant mockery to their failure, the head of Mata-Nui. For a long time, her gaze held fixed the half-closed eyes of a now dead god, the sense that she was also staring into the eyes of a deadly predator niggled at the back of her mind. Until another sight got her attention, a thin, barely seen trail of smoke snaking high into the sky coming from a dim light in the distance. But that was not the only thing she saw, she also bore witness to the impending lights of several League airships, getting closer to Metru-Koro every second.

"Karz." Was all that slipped out of Vulimai's lips as she grabbed the alarm horn placed upon the top of the tower, and taking in as deep of a breath as she could, she blew. The bellowing sound of the horn began to sweep across the whole of the settlement, alerting each and every single person within Metru-Koro, alerting them, that their end has come.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian @Onaku @Eyru @ZippyWharrgarbl @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Tarn @A-tak-nid @Conway @Azibo @BULiK @The UltimoScorp "We're in the end game now."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

The timid Fe-Matoran let out a sign like a valve releasing pressure, as he turned the disk over in his hands. It had not shattered, so none of the Protodermis was wasted, and with it the proper size it’s balance felt better. Admittedly he had not thrown it yet, and he had nothing to test it’s power on, but still, progress.

Kanohi, meeting time,” Sucordak’s voice cut through Kanohi’s relief, even as he swung the disk around in his arm to test its balance. The Fe-Matoran nearly dropped the disk but dove to catch it, before dragging himself up and heading over to the Matoran of Plasma.

Sucordak led Varah over to a stone slab, one with scores of symbols carved into it — each a letter or number in the Matoran language. “This should let you spell out any message you need to, point and I will follow along. It’s a bit simple and bulky, one of the Le-Matoran was going to make a more portable one, but well, she died. Speaking of her death, we should deal with that first. What have you learned from that Piraka?

Piraka?” Kanohi eyed the symbols he … he sort of understood them, but he was not familiar with the Metru-Nui style of writing

Sucordak winced and looked around as his voice dropped low, “guess you should know. Some of us started hearing rumors of a sacrificial ritual that could give folks power, from creatures called Legion and Whisper. Around that time, Bode began to grow weeds with each step he took. He made that grazing field. And then we found a dead body in his hut. We can guess what happened.

Karzahni,” Kanohi whispered, cursing for once, “are … are you sure he … there are so few of us left, and he…” the Fe-Matoran struggled to support himself despite the shock, relying on his staff to stay upright, “Why … I spoke to him, why didn’t anyone tell me?

It’s Po-Koro business, most of us prefer to keep things quiet.

But … what if it wasn’t these creatures, what if it was Toa Ulkarr? Bode knew where Ulkarr came from, and Toa Stannis said that Ulkarr would tempt us with powers.

…Yep we should have told you, that would have been nice to know. We will have to alert the guard. In the meantime, Varah, would you mind telling us what you observed while monitoring Bode, before explaining what you know about why the Skakdi left, and if they had any demands?

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax strode confidently into the Coliseum, with Saybo following close behind him. He began to head toward the elevator.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

Atamai opened his mouth to ask the Administrator for a translation of the symbols on the tiles, but the AI got ahead of him: “You are not apostatized. A translation is not necessary.”

Atamai rolled his eyes. "Well then..." he said. "I think that this grid might act like a combination lock, and this cube here needs to be rolled or moved along certain tiles in a specific order. The question is, which tiles? Can anyone see anything around here that might give us a hint?"

Atamai knelt down next to the grid. "Kilo, help me try to interpret these," he said.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Tarn @Snelly @Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Navu's Hut)

Triage nodded, then slowly pushed the door open. 

"Huh."

Before the pair was a mostly-frozen Toa of Fire (at least, the medic assumed he was a Ta-Toa from his coloration, but Triage knew from his own appearance that could be deceiving), with the ice around his face and chest partially missing, revealing a maskless face and a bloody hole where his heartlight should've been. A grisly scene, but this was murder they were dealing with. Yaushe had said it was some kind of ritual, and judging by the method an Aspect had been involved. The medic knelt beside the corpse, placing his satchel on the floor, and began looking Datrox over. "Quite a way to go..."

Triage took a look a the Ta-Toa's maskless face--his true face, unobscured by a Kanohi, that seemed to lack any real expression. The killer took trophies, it seemed. And it was then his optics traveled down towards the large, black sword still in his grip, tightened by rigor mortis that was beginning to set in, still covered in a layer of ice. Why not take that thing? The size was impressive enough, but in a place like Zakaz it seemed like fine weapons would make better trophies than a dead man's mask. 

Personal motivation, then? Kanohi could be very intimate things, especially if one had a connection to the deceased owner...

He was no detective, though, just a doctor. He was here to take care of the body. Triage made a mental note to check if any refugees in Metru-Koro had worked as undertakers prior to the crash. 

He'd have to let Knichou know one of those rituals had been carried out in Metru-Koro. Maybe Whisper knew something about it...

"Well, how do we...you know, thaw him out?" the medic asked, turning to Zsann. "We don't have any fire elementals with us--" alive ones, at least, "--so what do we do with him?"

It was then he heard the alarm sound, and his already-pale Hauora somehow turned a shade whiter.

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

Edited by Tarn
edited out some redundant bits
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku Exterior)

Before Ulkarr could answer either Keitara's or Irna's questions, the alarm went off. "...What was that?"

@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

The Tranquility stayed in formation with the other three ships. As Ostrox gleefully peered out the window, he noticed something. "A signal fire. Wouldn't the four armed warships flying out of the skull of a dead god be more visible than a TINY CAMPFIRE? I wonder... unveil our new weapon now, or use it later for shock value?"

He decided that such a decision should be made democratically. "Tranquility to rest of the fleet. Do we take any action against that signal fire down there?"

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Eyru

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

Stepping out into the corridor was Achro, as well as four warriors of the League, each wearing a respirator as a defense against the Red Smoke.

"Hello again!" He said to the door. "I hope you don't mind, I've brought some friends."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Tekmo (Wilderness, Ruins of Ice, The Muaka)

Stumbling back to his feet, Tekmo thought he saw something. After scrambling for his binoculars, his suspicion was proven correct - four ships of varying models, coming from the Great Spirit's skull.

"Oh dear." He clambered back aboard the Muaka and sped back to Metru-Koro.

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Navu's Hut, Yaushe)

Navu, despite returning to a scene of a murder, was feeling much better... until the alarm sounded, and she placed her hands over her ears to block out the sound. She knew what this meant. "No. Nonononononononono..."

@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Klawne (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Klawne was taken by surprise by this loud horn noise. Loud horn noises were rarely a good thing.

OOC: Jam with @TL01 NUVA

IC Skorm and Keitara (Metru-Koro)

As Keitara and Skorm made their way to the Taku, Skorm yawned. “So, you used to be a Ghost. Explains a few things; at least why IV likes you. Found him in a Ghost wreck.”

Straining to keep his smile, the Twi-Toa focused on the airship. He was happy that Kei was on the right track to uncovering her past, but a part of him was bitter. He doubted anybody he had known prior to his becoming a Toa, when he had lost his memories, would even recognize him now.

Keitara looked blearily at Skorm. She rubbed at her eyes, and part of her wondered if her friend was feeling the same lagginess from lack of sunlight. "Yeah… When Knichou mentioned the Ghosts I got… this feeling? Not quite a memory, but… Like, when you've been swimming, or hammering at a stubborn piece of metal all day, and then you wake up in bed when your body feels as though you're still doing it" She looked over plaintively. "Does that make any sense?"

“I suppose. I haven’t found any connections to who I used to be. There were other Toa in the League, but none like me; everyone had either been coerced or joined willingly. I knew there were Toa of Light on the other side, but… I never met any until I met you.”

Kei flushed slightly. "Well, I hope I wasn't too much of a letdown" she said, smiling faintly. But something her friend had said was working away at her. "Skorm… If… if I find a way to get my memories back… well… What I mean to say is… if we find a way, would you want to know your past?" The Av-Toa looked down at her feet, shod as they were in glittering armor. Were the Ghosts crafters? Had she made her own armor? If so, she wondered grimly, she could have done a better job on her lance.

Shaking herself out of her muzzy musings, Kei continued. "I don't know what it's like for you, but for me… it hurts. I just… I don't want you to have to live with that pain as well, if I can help it."

Sighing, Skorm put an arm around Keitara’s shoulder. “I don’t hurt like that. Who I am now and who I used to be are effectively different people; I’d like to know, and the uncertainty makes me scared.” Skorm looked down at his hearlight. “What kind of person was I before I was made into who I am today? Did I volunteer, was I kidnapped? Does anyone out there miss them?” Skorm clutched at the robes on his chest. “I don’t even know what my name was.”

A cartload of emotions barrelled through Keitara. On the one hand, her heart ached at the pain in the Twi-Toa's voice and body language. On the other hand… Well, 'hand' had a lot to do with it. Kei's heartlight fluttered as the Toa rested his arm across her shoulders. The conflagration of emotions sent tiny shudders across her body, and her free hand began nervously drumming a staccato rhythm on her thigh plate. Taking a couple slow, deep breaths to steady herself, she pushed on. "I… well, jealous isn't exactly the right word. I… I admire you, Skorm. I know it's selfish, and pretty insensitive, but…" A slight quaver touched her voice. "We both lost our memories. But you… You've grown. You don't let the uncertainty taint your every decision the way I've been. You don't… you don't fall apart like I do." Tears prickled the corners of Kei's already sore eyes. "Skorm… I hope I can be as strong as you are."

A shiver wracked Kei's whole body, then: "Skorm… Knichou said I died. I… I was dead" she choked out. She turned back to Skorm, but failed to even look him in the mask at all. "I… oh great beings. Skorm, I think I started to remember. For just a second." There was raw panic in her voice now as Kei continued. "I want to know my past… Karz. Skorm… What if I remember that?"

The two toa stopped in front of the Taku, and Skorm took Keitara’s hand and squeezed. “Kei, listen. I can’t say that it’s not real, or that it didn’t happen, but you being here, alive, means that no matter what happened, it doesn’t change who you are.” He held her close. “You’re the person who saw Irna and I and decided that we’re worth caring about. I don’t need you to be anything else, as long as that’s who you want to be.”

Kei pressed her face into the Toa's chest. The fabric of his cloak was warm, and had a slight smell of metal from his time aboard the Muaka while IV was doing repairs. It was strangely soothing, and Kei slowly felt her muscles un-knotting. After one final, body-wracking shudder, she turned her face up once again. This time she made sure to meet Skorm's gaze. "Thank you. And you absolutely deserve to be cared for, both of you." She rested her head once more against his cloak, feeling the sturdiness of his form beneath the thick fabric. "I'm so glad you didn't turn yourself over to the League. You deserve better than being somebody's sadistic plaything." 

She gave the warrior a squeeze, and then turned around to face the airship. As she did, she gently reached her hand back until it found, and gently took, Skorm's own. "Come on, Twilight. Let's talk more inside. You look dead on your feet." And, after a pause, "Never be afraid to talk to me, okay? Because you're right. I… I do care about you. You've been there for me through all this. I'd like to do the same for you."

Skorm smirked as Keitara led him onto the ship. “Yeah, you don’t sound much better. And… thanks. I care about you too.”

Later, in the bunk that Kei had managed to find before they both collapsed, Skorm opened his eyes. Just the darkness and the faint sounds of distant work on the ship. He glanced down; Kei’s head was on his chest, faintly snoring. He smiled. Right here, right now as they were surrounded by darkness, everything was alright. As he listened to Kei’s rhythmic breathing, Skorm let himself close his eyes again, smiling.

Then they heard the horn.

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"It means that we've run out of time," Irna said, closing her eyes. She had prayed that her old comrades wouldn't have come, had just been bluffing -- but, of course, that was a pipe dream. "The League is coming. And, Ulkarr, if you want to escape before they arrive, I won't judge you. But if you want to join in this fight, then follow me."

With that, Irna turned and ran up into the airship.

OOC: @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Assume you've been tagged, missing posts in this roundup: ruins of ice and Pridak. My brain needs more time on both.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Near the Aqua Sphere (9,12)

Strangely, they found no hut in the woods. They did find a dank cave with a boulder turned to dust near its mouth. Weeds grew over the lip of the cave mouth, trying to hide the restful space. It seemed deserted, but something very large used it in the past if the claw marks on the walls indicated anything.

OOC: This was Apex’s prison until recently. Feel free to rest.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Stone Suva

Mahrika brought her tool down into the sands, using it as a makeshift shovel. It didn’t take long to reach the lava rock flooring as Ollem did before turning the suva. The more they revealed together, the more things seemed to be heading in the right direction. After several minutes of digging and shifting sands, they noted a silver metal line running like a thread of a spider’s web along the floor of the gazebo towards the East…

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

Whira examined the carvings on the wall. The dark shadows in the recesses of the carvings clung to her hand as she wiped away the dust. The hieroglyphs were mainland in origin, but similar enough to the glyphs on the Kumu Islets to understand the general scope. The chamber she stood in seemed to be a wall of stories, full of the tales of wild, dangerous rahi being bested by brave matoran. It mentioned Xa, the dark primordial hunger in the heart of all. As she continued to read, her eyes found a symbol unseen on the mainland: a counterclockwise spiral with four small lines radiating outward. She knew the symbol. It covered every surface of Desecration Rock on the southernmost point of the mainland. The symbol stood for the taboo, the workings of her kind. The longer she stared the darker the symbols seemed to become, absorbing the shadows around it. She knew touching it would burn her, marking her with the same symbol of the taboo. There was something hidden in this ruin. Something unspeakable, hidden in plain. Something she could learn.

Xane wrote the charms in blood on the chunks of armor, and then tossed them in the basin. The lava bubbled and hissed as it melted through each piece of metal. The bloody symbols remained at the top, turning golden at the surface of the lava in the basin. The words written on the wall turned golden as well. With the churning of stone form somewhere far away, everyone inside the chambers felt an electric tickle and realized, without a shadow of a doubt, they were free to leave at last. Whatever powers held them within lifted. The carved doorway in the wall became a glowing portal of gold and red. 

A voice echoed from nowhere in particular; “Wow. Three in one day. You all decided to get a life again? Oh. Oh no no no. Why do you keep bringing apostates and heretics into these hallowed chambers? I am the Administrator. Please state your names. And while I can’t make you leave, you heretics are not welcome.”

IC: Ehlek | Metru-Nui, Le-Metru

The Barraki inventor spent the next several hours fiddling with his friend. Mantax never approved of the experiments Ehlek conducted during their war. He said the ideas Ehlek imagined were “dishonorable” and “apathetic for the life they consumed.”

Ehlek couldn’t understand Mantax’s code of honor. Mantax justified murder, but not using the raw materials created in murder’s wake? Ehlek’s people lived on the bottom of the protodermis seas for thousands of years before their uplifting. They desperately fought for survival against zyglak and other aquatic beings. You used everything in the watery depths, down to the last knuckle. To not use everything was wasteful, and, in Ehlek’s system of thought: dishonorable. In a way, remaking his friend was the honorable thing to do.

Ehlek’s standards made the creation of some gorish abomination impossible. Mantax needed to still be powerful, distinguished, and awe inspiring. Luckily, hundreds of mass-produced mechanical dolls ready to accept a new host consciousness worked tirelessly around him. Earlier experiments proved partially successful. He moved personalities, not memories, and it worked. The vahki wearing masks on necklaces were nearly indistinguishable from their old forms. In a way, the matoran seemed happier now. They didn’t remember a time before the crash.

But Mantax needed his memories.

Ehlek just needed more time, but time came in short supply with Pridak devolving day by day from a proud and powerful ruler into an apathetic and depressed husk...

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

Boss heard his knuckle duster scrape across Barius’ cheek plate and audio processor, the thin line of drawn blood making the ivory weapon in his hands cackle. The elemental weapon found during a journey to the Kumu Islets wasn’t alive per se, but it laughed each time it tasted blood. 

His arm grasped around Barius’s shoulder successfully, hand finding a grip on the armor as Barius’s kick hit him in the leg. They tumbled with Barius on top.

The two of them fell onto the stone ledge, snapping and grunting at each other. Boss felt one of his canteens break when he hit the ground, and the water inside spilled out. The nearly empty glass jar of spice crunched into powder. 

“Got nerve, I’ll give you that,” Boss said while he repeatedly slammed his knuckle dusters toward Barius’s ribs, hoping to pound through the rough protodermis plating made by the kraata powers bestowed by Parnassus, or catch Barius’s sensitive armpit. With each blow he willed the puddle of water to form an edge along his knuckle dusters, one of the perks of having a small elemental weapon clutched in his fist..

• Like 2

Happy chat.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, Toru Nui said:

"'Great Lord'. Hmm. Well then, after you, wise and powerful wizard."

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"Naturally," Stannis jokingly said, though it was heavily betrayed by the foreboding tone of his voice that fit the circumstance, "follow me, graceful and swift flying fish."

With that, the old man moved with surprising quickness from the cargo bay and towards the Coliseum, hopefully with his three companions in tow. His objective was entering through one of the many ground-level service elevators, usually used by repair matoran workers and vahki enforcers, and move around the ancient redoubt just as he had when he sought out Dume's private offices. His memory was no better that it was before and was not the most up-to-date on the architecture of the Coliseum, however he still mysteriously possessed the ability to always be headed in the right direction. Despite appearing aimless, he held himself with a sense of unerring confidence, and sure enough, as he effortlessly elementally heaved aside a boulder that had fallen from a higher ledge sometime during the cataclysm of the Great Spirit's destruction, he revealed a narrow corridor just wide enough to admit Rose with some tightening of the shoulders, and a security elevator just beyond the exterior portal.

"This is the way," he said and tore the elevator's double doors open with his hands, exposing the vacant shaft. And then he jumped into the shaft, grabbed hold of the cables, and descended into the darkness of the tunnel. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:05 AM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Tactical Panda II]:

As they approached, it became clear the exposure had not done the bodies any favors. And then, as the airship approached, some of the bodies started twitching. There was a brief moment of alarm, before the reanimation turned out to be the result of wasteland scavenger rahi that were gnawing at the corpses and now quickly scuttling for cover as the shadow of the vessel fell on them.

IC Yumiwak | Panda II 

So the corpses were a little old, but that was fine. Even by the best intelligence I could get—Kunok McGrokk's—I still had to anticipate some lag. I took a moment to admire the death and mayhem evident by the strewn about corpses, an entire party of Mesi gruesomely laid to waste, and was ensured of the prowess of this warrior woman. This was truly a challenge worthy of my attention! I gleamed. 

Now where would this warrior go from here? If I were her I would try to go home, to the thing I knew best of all in this land. I turned my telescūpe to the land between us and the severed head and pointed towards it. "Over there!" I barked to the helmsman. "We're going to the ####### head."

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

"Hello again!" [Achro] said to the door. "I hope you don't mind, I've brought some friends."

IC Hiripaki | Archives

The Vault door, being just an inanimate object, did not respond to Achro and instead just let the rogue toa of mist look like an cool dude talking to nothing.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Okay, so the direction of East is a part of the puzzle,” muttered Mahrika, “You think that is where we have to align the pillars to lock each in place?” She rubbed her head briefly, “But in what order do you think we need to spin the Suva, which pillar needs to lock in place first? And which way do we need to turn them?” She continued to shove aside the sand as she spoke, trying to move aside the sand so that it would no longer clog up the Suva’s mechanisms.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius grinned at the begrudging praise from his opponent, tensing his thick abdominal and pectoral muscles against the onslaught. But his grin vanished as sharp pain notified him that something was piercing his enhanced flesh. Boss was using his elemental powers, somehow. Must have been the knuckle duster; Barius had sworn he'd heard an unfamiliar chuckle from right next to him, mere seconds ago. Blasted witchcraft.

He wished his club had been in his other hand, so he could whack the Skakdi's oversized mug. But alas, it was in his right, and so he instead tried to pin his opponent's arm beneath the spiked bludgeon, thus halting the assault. His left wormed its way up to grab at Boss' throat from the side, claws seeking to grip and dig into his leathery neck-flesh with force that could crush a lesser man's bones. "Nerve ain't all I got," he managed to say through his exertion.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva

"I think I have a good guess at the order. As for which way to turn, we have yet to uncover any indication... but I suppose there's only so many different ways we could do it. We'll try the standard right-left-repeat first."

He stepped up to the Suva, preparing to turn it clockwise, with Mahrika's help, until "I live" reached the silver line. Hopefully the contraption would be easier to manipulate, now that it was not partially buried under the sand.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 1

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika stood up, dropping the stone staff, before joining Ollem in pushing the Suva. Her short legs and big feet had once struggled to get traction, though with the sand gone now she should be able to actually shove the mechanism.

As she pushed she grunted, “What — argh — do you think is in the Suva anyway? Looks like it’s been here a while, but with my bad memory, I don’t recall it. Might not even have been built by my tribe for that matter.

She … she wasn’t sure why she was bothering to dig into this relic. Did she honestly hope to find traces of her people here? And if there was a Great Mask, she couldn’t use it. And she wouldn’t want it either. She supposed she could pop off her lens and clip it onto a new mask, but its power would still be useless to her.

It was so long, was she still unknowingly following the commands of Tuakana? Commands she had long forgot? All she remembered was that they wanted to kill death and conquer time. And it was not like the answer to that just quest would be here? Right?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

As Sans considered a reply, the alarm sounded.  The old leader stood defiantly and looked Knichou in the eyes.  "You have whatever you need, but first our time has come.  It seems the League is still as untrustworthy as ever.  That alarm can only mean an attack; the time for battle has come.  I need to lead the Matoran into the new Archives... and I need you to take charge of the defenses."  Sans walked to the chest by his bed, and removed a sack form within.  "You two, don't let anyone who isn't absolutely essential know I'm giving you this.  Everyone thinks this mask is destroyed or forgotten, yet I've had it here.  If you weren't here, Knichou, I had other plans for it, but given the circumstances, you may be the single greatest hope for all the Matoran, young Toa."  Sans revealed the Legendary Mask of Creation from inside the sack.  "You alone have the wisdom and intellect to use this mask.  Promise me you would sooner destroy it than let the enemy get this.  All hope is lost if evil gains this power."

Sans  thrust the Kanohi into Knichou's hands then hurried to the door without waiting for a response.  "If we survive this, come find me again, huhuhuhuhuhu."

Sans ran through the streets as fast as his legs could carry him.  He used his mask to grow several feet taller, increasing his stride and making him easier to follow.  "The Archaves! The Archaves! Everyone, we practiced this, go an hide in the Archaves!"

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Gore Fury (McGrokk's Shop)

"What do you mean by strange, you don't like Takea tacos? Hah, I'm just messing with you. Listen, I don't think I've even introduce myself honestly, names Gore Fury great to meet you." As Gore introduced himself, he took a bite out of the taco, the mixture of vegetables creating a sensational feeling within his mouth alongside his flavor sauce exploding from the tender Takea filet within it, a sound of satisfaction coming from his mouth. "Oh, that's a good taco, mmm yeah, but, back on topic. The reason I came here is because I need help. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not from here, I'm from that big head, crazy right? And, for my entire life, I've had one passion, food, and now, I've been given a whole new world of food to explore. But, I don't know if there is anything to be found to be honest. And yeah, I know this place got itself a fair few food dens, I was just at Yumiwak's just a second ago, but I could tell that the cooking spirit wasn't quite there, the showmanship of it all, it's missing. So I think, it might be time for this old skak to set up shop and open an establishment of my own, to show these skakdi how it's done, one where I can show everyone the real meaning of food, and I need help getting something like that set-up. So what do you think?" Gore finally ended, standing from the table, a half-eaten taco in one hand, his hands spread out in an odd gesture as a feignly confident grin was plastered on his face, his shade starting to slip off his snout.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

Apex laid there on her side of chamber, curled upon the floor and sulkily thinking over her situation and the words of that foreign skak. She laid there unmoving, unbreathing even, until the shocking feeling flowed through her form, the sense of entrapment leaving her mind. Rising to her feet, Apex let out a joyful trill, the sound reminiscent of the tropical birds that once dwelled within the jungles to the south. "Maybe I will allow those skakdi to live..." Apex thought to herself, before being interrupted by some new and unknown voice.

“Wow. Three in one day. You all decided to get a life again? Oh. Oh no no no. Why do you keep bringing apostates and heretics into these hallowed chambers? I am the Administrator. Please state your names. And while I can’t make you leave, you heretics are not welcome.”

"RARGH! Who are you, are you the one that attempted to trap me within this prison?! I am Apex, predator of the skakdi, and I shall not be trapped, by skak or by whatever being you are, now reveal yourself!" Apex roared out into the chamber as a whole, trying to illicit a response from this administrator.

OOC: @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro Garrison)

Vulimai blew on the horn with all her breath, till she couldn't blow on the horn anymore. Slumping over the railing next to the horn, Vulimai looked down towards the whole of Metru-Koro for one last time, the sight of the matoran and inhabitants making their way to the New Archive, just as she ordered them to practice that day. Her matoran guards were quickly moving into position, taking up the walls and preparing to sling out their kanoka's if the enemy dared to get in range, she just hoped that they could do something, anything, against this threat. As she looked across the whole of the settlement, she spied the Taku, located by the northern gates. She knew that she should stay with her matoran, to command them against this threat, but that airship...if it has a working radio, then maybe, just maybe, she could perhaps, at best, buy the matoran time.

Turning back towards the hatch, Vulimai quickly descended the stairs, stopping by her office to grab her halberd, and taking the exit that ran along the walls, she made her way towards the northern gate, towards the Taku, as fast as she could.

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Vulimai because I realized that I needed to after Sans post.
  • Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Sans's Hut

The Toa of iron stood up, as shocked as the others in the room at the sound of the horn. Was this the League's assault, a day early? While Knichou hadn't exactly expected any honor among the god-killers, a wave of doubt rolled over him as he wondered if he should have been rushing to speak with the Turaga instead of waiting his turn for a meeting. He wouldn't have time to finish talking with Sans, for Sans to give him the resources to give the Taku weaponry before the battle, and not enough time to ask Sans about the -

Knichou blinked as the Turaga took the mask of creation out from a hidden sack. He refocused to listen to the Turaga's words. The stunned engineer nodded at Sans's promise, mouth too numb to verbalize his agreement. His hands were shaking as he felt the smooth surface of the Kanohi against his fingers. The mask of Artakha, the man who had given him shelter in his exile. The man who ruled the second island Knichou had been too much of a coward to defend from the League. Artahka, the master of creation, lord of the most plentiful and beautiful realm of the matoran, a man with untold, legendary power, who was murdered by the hand of the Barraki. Knichou had trouble believing it until he saw the mask for himself.

As Knichou watched Sans leave the hut, his widened eyes turned to Nale. He looked down at the mask in his hands, then back to the Toa of Magnetism. He opened his mouth wordlessly as he placed the mask inside his liquid metal backpack. A large gulp later, he spoke.

"Taku. Now."

Then he was gone, a puff of dust and sand following in his wake as the Toa of iron sped off towards his ship with his Kakama.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Sans' Hut)

Nale's optics widened at the sight of the mask, it giving off the aura of something arcane and legendary. Before she could say anything, her mouth opening to speak but nothing coming out, Knichou sped off, and immediately more questions swirled in her mind. But first, she had to get to the airship as well--the League had arrived ahead of schedule, and things were about to get serious

She bolted out the door, aided by her own Kakama, and caught up to Knichou as he arrived at the Taku, skidding to a stop beside the Fe-Toa. "I know this isn't the best time, I really do, but--what did the Turaga just give you? What are you going to do with it?"

@BULiK

IC: Rose - Coliseum

Rose did indeed fit in the narrow corridor, with some audible scraping of metal from her mechsuit squeezing against it, and watched the Toa of Stone disappear into the darkness below. With a smirk, she looked to Skyra.

"You first, hun."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, North Gate

Knichou only slowed down when he neared the gate and could see the Taku. Nale stopped soon beside him. Before he responded to her question, he made sure to glance around to ensure nobody was nearby.

"He - he gave me the... mask of creation. I was going to ask for it, but clearly he already knew nothing could be held back to defend the Matoran. As for what I'm going to do with it? I can only hope it's something that isn't stupid."

Not giving Nale time to ask more questions, Knichou began running again, this time at a more reasonable speed, towards the front of the Taku. When he was still halfway out, the Toa of iron leapt into the air, causing an eruption of sand. Bright flames spurted out of a jetpack that materialized on his back as the Toa gracefully flew in an arc to land on top of the bridge with a loud clang that startled those inside. He opened the hatch and dropped into the room, closing it behind him. He turned to Berys.

"Rig for silent running - shut off all lights, divert all available power to kanoka and thrusters. Leave the cargo bay doors open. Keep radar on, I wanna know where these ####### are coming from. Be ready for immediate liftoff on my orders."

The Toa of Iron pressed a button on his armor to connect his voice to the Taku's intercom. His voice echoed throughout the ship.

"Arnex keep on that crane, Exuze and Suhaku, make sure everything back there is strapped in. Karai, keep on those engines. Whoever else is aboard the ship, get up to the bridge ASAP, I need to know what I have to work with here."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja stepped out of the greenhouse into the cool air of the evening. The door closed behind her, sealing in the warmth and humidity and the sounds of Kat and Iradra's conversation. She took a deep breath, savouring the feeling of a refreshing breeze on her face. Everything was calm in the twilight, the world slowly falling asleep as the sun's final light faded behind the giant head that dominated the horizon. The cloud-peppered sky was a deep, dark blue, and the village was quiet. Lightstone lanterns revealed mostly empty streets.

Then the stillness was broken by the sound of a horn.

It startled her, and she looked around for its source, but it was coming from the other side of the village. Lights began to flicker on in darkened windows, and frightened voices filled the streets. Villagers emerged from their huts carrying what few belongings they had left, moving towards shelter. Turaga Sans had established a plan from the beginning, and everyone knew where to go. The beginnings of the new Archives were little more than a few tunnels dug into the ground, but they were better shelter than none. The horn meant the League was coming, and everyone knew what had happened last time. Their survival was at stake.

Taja began to run back into the village, thoughts of her companions forgotten. Her legs, only hours ago hardly strong enough to hold her own weight, now carried her easily and swiftly through the streets. She dodged past villagers, not entirely sure where she was going. The Taku? Last she recalled, half the crew had been on their way to the Turaga's hut. If they weren't already back on the ship, then that would be the best place to look for them.

When she arrived in the village square, it was already mostly deserted, with only a few stragglers making their way towards the caves. The door to the Turaga's hut revealed an empty interior. But there was one being outside the hut she did recognize, even as the sight of them made her stomach twist. She felt a cold sweat breaking out on her forehead, and wanted nothing more than to turn around and leave. Go anywhere else. But if this was the League attacking, they needed every bit of help they could get. Perhaps this creature could offer that, although it would surely charge a price both hidden and high.

The Toa came to a stop before Whisper. "We're under attack," she said. Her voice was cold; it rang strange in her own ears, like someone else was speaking. "If you really want to be like us, then help us."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro/The Taku

"He gave you the--?!"

Once again, Knichou jetted off, leaving Nale behind. The Fa-Toa stomped her foot in frustration, before heading round back to the cargo bay to climb inside the airship. "I thought...I thought that thing was just a legend..." she muttered, noticing Kei had arrived on the ship with her friends as she passed by them. Per captain's orders, the Toa of Magnetism headed to the bridge. "We'll have to talk about you blasting off on me like that, flyboy," she said, crossing her arms. "What's the plan, then? By my count they're early."

@BULiK 

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Stepping outside, Iradra was about to address Taja when the horn broke through the silent evening air. Panic set into her features underneath her expressionless bronze facade, and she swiftly turned to her Ta-Toa companion. "Kat, that horn! We're under attack, we need to-" As she turned around again, Taja had already started to sprint away, far more lively than she had been before to the utter confusion of Iradra, until she considered the time of day. Pushing those thoughts aside, she turned to Kat once again. "Get to the Taku! I'll join you there shortly, but we must be quick!"

With that, she began sprinting off after Taja, though her pace was not quite as quick.

@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Scratching her chin thoughtfully, there was an impressed look on her face as she regarded the tablet. Nodding, she stepped forward and began pointing at different letters.

B O D E   H A S   G U I L T

She thought for a moment about the latter question, about the Skakdi, about why they left, about what they demanded. Once more, she pointed.

S K A K S   R A N   F R O M   A I R S H I P

D E M A N D   T R I B U T E

C O W A R D S

@Harvali

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Staying as silent as possible, Okuo stood back, his shield raised, completely invisible before the five individuals who had just entered the corridor. He desperately wanted to run, get away, get back to what he was supposed to be doing here. But he couldn't just leave Hiripaki alone. 

@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Dar Poroka | Flying Over Zakaz

Sky get dark. Robots not worry. Fly easy for robots. Poroka think they do good job. 

"Good job," Poroka says.

Little light on ground far away. Like little fire. Cute. This bomb place? Poroka don't know if ships too far. But big gun shoot long way...

Radio make noise. Ask about shoot fire. Poroka make big smile.

"Robot," Poroka says. "Tell other ship 'yes, please.'"

"Yes, captain," Green says. Robot press button and make little beeps. Send message to other ship radio.

"This is the Wombat," Green says. "We are in favour of immediate action against the suggested target."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Shame," Parnassus said, glancing over at Corrivalis. "You'll never know what you missed."

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

His eyes still on the battle before him, Corrivalis sighed, knowing he was being baited even as he asked, "What would I be missing?"

@Conway

30 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Dar Poroka | Flying Over Zakaz

"This is the Wombat," Green says. "We are in favour of immediate action against the suggested target."

IC: Zaliyah - Airborne Armada

There were a lot of questions running through her mind in that moment - Who had lit the fire? Why hadn't they lit it when the Ripple and the other ship had passed through earlier? Where had they managed to find enough flammable material for a bonfire in a karzing desert? - but she didn't have time to dwell on them.

"Obliterate it," she barked, sitting up straighter in her seat as she powered up the weapons, "Then spread the ships out, put some space between us. They know we're coming, let's not make ourselves easy targets." 

The Razorfish banked hard, circling to the right, further away from the other ships. 

@Onaku @Toru Nui

1 hour ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

The Toa came to a stop before Whisper. "We're under attack," she said. Her voice was cold; it rang strange in her own ears, like someone else was speaking. "If you really want to be like us, then help us."

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

Seemingly forgotten in the midst of the panic enveloping the village, Whisper was almost grateful when Taja of all people sought her out. She almost rebuked the request on instinct, but forced herself to swallow the words before she spoke them.

She'd told them she wanted to be different, and she'd meant it. She just hadn't expected to be dragged into a battle mere hours into meeting these beings. But if this was what it took to earn their trust, so be it. "What do you need me to do?" 

@Eyru

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Druu Arkkan

Internal Affairs HQ, Metru-Nui - Three days ago

Darkness loomed over Toa Jorak’s eyes as he slowly opened them, groggily coming to his senses as he began to feel the pain of his shackled wrists by which he was hanging on the wall. His feet barely touching the ground, the weight of his body caused the tight shackles to chafe his wrists. He couldn’t be sure, but he thought he even felt a trickle of blood running down his arm and shoulder. As his eyes regained their focus, Jorak noticed a maroon and orange figure sitting in front of him, a wide grin on his face as he looked upon him with amber eyes.

“Ah. Toa Jorak. Glad you could join us this fine evening.” The figure, whom Jorak now recognised as a skakdi, stood up and walked up to him. Even hanging higher than his feet could reach, the skakdi towered over him, his amber eyes regarding him with a cold glare that betrayed the authenticity of his grin. “Now, you might be wondering why you’re here, hanging by your wrists in a dark windowless room while some Skakdi brute looms over you, but I’ll save you the trouble of thinking too much about it. You, my friend, were broadcasting information about our operations here in Metru-Nui. I believe an equivalent exchange is only fair, and you happen to have information I’m very interested in. Information which I’m going to persuade you to tell me.”

The maskless face of Jorak betrayed his fatigue and his fear, but surfacing from underneath them was a resolute expression. “I’ll never tell you anything, League scum.”

A visible sneer twisted Druu’s insincere grin. He began reaching for the shackled toa’s neck. “I believe you’ll find I’m very persuasive, Toa Jorak.” For a moment, Druu’s hand held Jorak’s chin up, before moving it up to the shackles, unlocking them and letting the weakened Jorak fall to the floor with a grunt. “Please, Toa Jorak-” He began, gesturing the disoriented Toa to a chair next to a table at the other end of the room. “Have a seat. We have much to discuss.”

The Inferno - Now

Druu sat calmly in his chair, overlooking the operations of the vahki piloting the ship in his name and keeping a keen eye on their heading. The Inferno was hanging just above the three other ships, trailing behind them closely though with just enough space between them so as to not be considered uncourteous. Outside the cockpit, the three other vahki stood at the ready to operate or repair the various mechanisms of the ship. At the very back of the ship, the engines of The Inferno lived up to its name as they roared with power, the thrust they provided the immense levitating hulk keeping it in pace with its smaller counterparts.

One of the vahki kept watch of the dials and monitors detailing the status of the engines’ myriad components. With little else to do, it simply stood in place, the only components in use being its optical receptors, as well as its internal balance sensors to keep it upright. Any being would surely be bored out of their mind just standing around and watching the dials for more than a few minutes, but the Vahki didn’t know boredom. Boredom was counter-productive. The engines’ dials needed to be watched, and so the Vahki would watch the dials without complaint.

Unfortunately for the Vahki, it would have little opportunity to benefit from its lack of boredom as it collapsed to the floor, its core processor pierced by a long blade up through the back of its head, and the sound of its impact with the metallic catwalk inaudible over the roar of the engines. Unconnected to its Vahki hive back in Metru-Nui, it would go unmourned and unnoticed by any fellow Vahki as it laid there motionless. The violet eyes of the Vortixx coldly looked the disabled machine over, before silently moving off.

Internal Affairs HQ, Metru-Nui - Two days ago

“Fascinating. Now, moving on, I’m interested to hear how your people provide food for those living in the… settlement. I’ve been led to believe the settlement is located in a rather barren region, is there any wildlife there to hunt?” In that very same windowless room, Druu sat at the table across from Toa Jorak. Despite his still mask-less state, the Toa of Sonics looked markedly better than the day before, the chafing on his wrists reduced to bruises and emergent scarring, his fatigue residual at most.

We… we do hunt wild game from time to time, but it’s not our only source of food. There’s…” Jorak frowned. Clearly he was debating whether to tell Druu anything more. “Take your time, Jorak. We have all the time we need.”

Jorak sighed, his body language relenting from the tension it had before. “There are greenhouses. They grow crops there for the village. It’s not much, but it’s enough that we get by.”

Druu hummed thoughtfully. “Interesting. Agriculture. I suppose Toa of Plantlife are an advantage in that regard…”

“Y-yes… but... “

“But?” Druu raised an eyebrow.

“There’s… also a skakdi. A skakdi of plantlife managing one of the greenhouses.”

“A skakdi, huh?” Druu grinned with amusement. “What’s his name then? Maybe it’s someone I know.” Jorak shok his head at this. “N-not a he…” Druu’s eyes widened.

She??

The Inferno - Now

The third Vahki fell unceremoniously to the ground, its core processor broken apart as the others had been by the swift strike of Amarth’s blade. For a moment, she coldly regarded the motionless heap that used to be a functioning Vahki, before kneeling down to detach its head.

Druu Arkkan continued to monitor the Vahki controlling the bridge, a sigh escaping his lips as he calmly waited. It was then that a pneumatic whirr alerted him to the bridge doors opening. With his signature calm confidence, Druu turned around in his chair, his eyes moving about the bridge before falling squarely on Amarth, who stood in the doorway with the detached head of a Vahki in one hand, and an oil-stained blade in the other. A calm grimace came to his face as he regarded the Vortixx, his eye moving down to the Vahki head before returning to contact with her eyes.

Druu was not alone in noticing the new arrival, as the Vahki operating the ship’s controls, turned to briefly regard the Vortixx, before shifting focus entirely upon noticing the head she was holding. With little regard for the head, Amarth tossed it to the ground, the detached Vahki part rolling across the floor before it came to a stop at Druu’s feet. The still functioning Vahki took a step forward, its optics narrowing in on the Vortixx, the clear flashing of its processors firing indicating its attempts at rationalising the situation and deciding a course of action.

“It’s done, then?” He suddenly asked, his voice devoid of pleasantries as it so often had been marked by prior. The Vortixx simply nodded, while the Vahki turned to look at the ship’s captain, finding he was already looking squarely at it. A moment later, a blast of impact vision sent it skidding back, the machine falling off balance against the bulkhead, before another impact blast cracked open its face plate. A third blast finally rendered it motionless, and for a moment, Druu silently regarded the scrapped Vahki. “It’s a shame. They’re efficient workers, if nothing else.”

Internal Affairs HQ - Two days ago

“Yes. She. I-” Jorak found himself cut off by Druu, who in lieu of his usual calmly confident demeanor had an intense look to his face. “Tell me her name.”

“H-her name?” Jorak was confused. Why was- “Yes, Jorak, her name. Tell me her name!”

“Z-Zadred! Her name is Zadred.”

Druu Arkkan’s eyes widened. For a moment, his breathing became heavy, conflicting micro-expressions crossing his face as he tried to keep his composure. “Excuse me for a moment, Jorak, this conversation will have to continue at another time.”

Jorak remained silent as Druu stood up from his chair and walked to the door, knocking in a certain pattern that the Toa noted was different from last time. The door soon opened, and as Druu walked out, he could see the violet eyes of a Vortixx wearing a Kanohi Shelek regarding him with minuscule interest before closing the door again, clanging sounds indicating it had once more been locked from the outside.

Druu meanwhile had taken only a couple steps out of the room before he lost balance, bracing himself against the hallway’s wall. Fluorescent lighting cast a cold white glow over the corridor, the occasional flickering and several broken lights giving the whole place a rather run-down appearance, which was only to be expected from a building that had survived a veritable apocalypse. The Ta-Skak breathed heavily. His heartlight flickered rapidly. Away from the prying eyes of someone had to project a calm persona for, his expression was entirely contorted by conflicting emotions. A sliver of hope, combating intense despair, mixed with overwhelming guilt. Amarth approached him from behind, stopping a few paces from him. “Sir?”

Druu took a deep breath. Narrowing his eyes, he quickly returned his expression to the calm composure he normally projected, before turning to look at the Vortixx. “That will be all for now. Return to operations as normal.” Amarth nodded, before silently making her way off down the corridor, Druu maintaining the facade of calm confidence until she was out of sight, at which point he collapsed against the wall, sliding down to sit with his back against it, a defeated look on his face.

The Coliseum, Metru-Nui - Earlier Today

“Go to Le-Metru, get on the airships we’re prepping. There’s a stain on my view and I want it cleaned up by nightfall. Ostrox and Zaliyah are working on it but… The more the merrier. If someone else is waiting to chat about what to do in the lobby tell them to go bomb Metru-Koro. Can you do that on your way out for me?" Pridak’s words as the ivory warlord lounged on his throne came like a sledgehammer to Druu Arkkan, but he was long proficient at taking surprises in stride. Most of them, at least. Instead, then, of genuine surprise, Druu simply raised an eyebrow. Wouldn’t look good to seem not at least a little surprised. Without as much as an errant twitch of a facial muscle out of place from his usual calm and confident expression, the Ta-Skak grinned and nodded.

“Yes, m’lord. I’ll see to it you’ll have a nice crater to view from your balcony. Will that be all?” Internally Druu was seething. Externally there was no tell. Druu had learned the hard way how to press down his emotions and put on a face. It was in part the reason he was so good at his job. "I mean yes I am done. Unless you want to tell me how things are going instead of writing them down. But I have a suspicious feeling making a crater out there is more useful. And fun."

"As you command. I take my leave then." Bowing respectfully, Druu calmly made his way out of the throne room, his facade maintained all the way until the elevator doors closed, and his grin dropped immediately. A bombing run. A bombing run on Metru-Koro.

Pridak wasn’t one to back down from decisions he’d made, Druu had found. Not unless by the intervention of some soothsayer type. Unfortunately, Druu Arkkan did not fit the bill for that particular play. There was no one he could turn to for this. He only had one option. Fortunately, Pridak had just handed it to him gift wrapped on a platter.

The Inferno - Now

“Man the gunner console. Fire to disable The Razorfish’s cannon.” Wordlessly, Amarth took a seat at the console. The hatch normally concealing the harpoon gun and the newly attached cannon opened up, the weapon lowering out before it began turning to aim at Zaliyah’s ship. 

Meanwhile, Druu was already at the ship’s helm, flying his ship just a little bit closer, crossing the boundary of courtesy into properly violating their personal space. The immense hulk of a ship called The Inferno loomed over the three smaller ships, and the very second after Amarth fired the cannon at The Razorfish’s identical weapon, her aim accounting for the small ship's new trajectory, Druu pushed the ship into full throttle and aimed it down, the ship lurching into a dive to ram straight into The Tranquility, as piloted by Ostrox, so as to drive it down into the approaching coast. As his airship plummeted toward the smaller ship, Druu’s face betrayed only a fierce determination.

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Eyru

• Like 2

IC [Nixie]:

There was one more being lingering around Sans hut, caught between the urge to get herself to personal safety and the need to save her work. But all that got overridden as she spotted a familiar yet very changed figure nearby, talking to something...someone that was utterly alien to her.

She took a few hesitant steps closer.

“T-Taja...is that you?” Nixie asked.

OOC: Wasn't counting on that, but it's so nice that Taja decided to drop by in plain view @Eyru

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of stone:

Ally Atamai’s hypothesis seems logical. Correct combinations of block movements are required. Sigils on floor are likely to contain useful information.

The machine walked over next to Atamai and began to study the inscriptions on the grid layout.

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Vezok's Friend

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

Beneath the main deck the half-crippled engineer was in the midst of work getting the ship ready for landing. That is, until she heard her captain yelling new commands over the sounds of the flight engine.

Guess we’re going to the head,” she muttered to herself as she reset the pre-landing settings on the enigmatic machine. “Hopefully the denizens of that monolith will be of the heroic type, like the stories of old. Wouldn’t that be something?” A sharp turn threw her off-balance for a moment, interrupting her adjustments. She recovered quickly, finishing up the last few turns of knobs to leave the engine running normally until lady Yumiwak ordered the ship to land.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro North Gate, Bridge of the Taku

As the rest of the crew hurried to their positions, Nale was the first to reach the bridge. Knichou cringed slightly at her initial comment. Blasting off on her?!? Flyboy?!? I'm never going to get rid of this nickname, am I? His wincing abated as she shifted to speaking of the more urgent matter at hand.

"Yeah, they're early, and they know this is the only airship defending and it has no weaponry. As far as our plan..."

Knichou took a seat in the captain's chair and spun himself around to face the open door to the bridge where Nale stood. He placed his hands together and rested his chin on them as he thought out loud.

"If I was Pridak, I wouldn't send infantry - he knows from the observations this morning that we have reinforced walls manned with guards, but no meaningful air defense. He also clearly wanted the element of surprise, which almost certainly means using a fast force of air power or light armor instead of trying to ship large amounts of infantry or artillery over the moat..."

Knichou frowned as he continued to speak, his mind racing while the analysis continued.

"He has surprise, numbers, and firepower on his side... we need to mitigate those advantages and amortize our disadvantages if we want to win. As I see things now... we only have one advantage for certain."

Knichou's eyes peeled away from the void to shoot Nale a concerned look.

"We have nowhere to retreat, no hope of peaceful surrender. We have nothing to lose. They are fighting for their king, but we are fighting to survive, and there is no greater motivation than that."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

Examining the grid, Atamai and Kilo saw that in the entire 4x5 grid, there were only ten distinctly different symbols, with the rest of the grid being filled out by duplicates. One of the symbols showed up four times, three were represented thrice, two twice and another three only showed up once. The symbols in the top right of the grid [1.1], the middle [1.3] and top left [1.5] were identical and didn’t show up in any of the lower rows. Directly adjacent to those three tiles in the grid were the three circular holes that opened into chutes dropping into the rock. Looking down into one of the holes, Atamai and Kilo could see that they didn’t go straight down all the way, but instead arched away and out of sight eventually, leading towards the ledge of the chasm that they had only glanced at so far. Maybe there was more to the chasm itself? Between the three holes, adjacent to the tiles in the [1.2] and [1.4] position were dividers blocking the holes off from each other. To Atamai, the setup looked somewhat reminiscent of slides in a Ga-Matoran waterpark. 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat

"Captain," says Green. "The Inferno has altered course. It has fired on the Razorfish and appears to be attempting to ram the Tranquility."

"What?" Poroka says. Grip chair hard. Accidental squish chair handle. Oops. "Why they do that?"

Green beeps. "Unknown. Attempting supersonic communications with the Inferno."

"Super what?"

"Supersonic. Messages in frequencies that only Vahki can hear."

"Okay. What robot say?"

Green make whirring noise. "No reply, captain. It is likely that the onboard Vahki have been disabled. The ship is under manual command."

Poroka look out window at big ship. Feeling angry. Eyes go squinty.

"New person."

"Presumedly," Green agrees. "An attempted boarding would have provided enough time for the Inferno to send out a distress signal. This is an inside job."

Poroka lean forward. Sword hand getting itchy. "Silly robot. We outside now."

Green don't say things. Just tilt head.

"Blue. Steer ship up, please. Not get close to big gun."

Blue make beeps. "Affirmative, Captain."

Ship start go up fast. Poroka tummy feel funny. Big guns all on ship bottom, Poroka think. So if ship go up, big gun don't see it. But Poroka big gun see big ship. Even not-so-smart Poroka know high ground really important. Ship get high ground, it over. Now Poroka ship got big high ground. Big ship start look small up here.

"Blue. Make good moves, okay? Don't hurt ship."

Blue beep yes.

"Green. Fire big gun, please.

Green make bird sound. "Targetting the Inferno, Captain?'"

Poroka smile. "A firm active. Rain fire."

Ship shiver little bit. Feel gun charge. Then big noise, and light go straight down toward big ship.

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Ulkarr followed Irna aboard the Taku.

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

"ALERT! ALLIED VESSEL IS-"

"EVASIVE MANEUVERS!"

The Tranquility suddenly lurched to the side to dodge the Inferno's ram. It didn't quite work, as the Inferno still struck the Tranquility on the side, damaging the exterior hull and causing it to tilt, somewhat.

"DESTROY THEM! NOW!" Both the Tranquility's pulse weapon and its machine gun turret prepared to fire at the Inferno at close range.

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Eyru

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

"I'll take your silence as a - 'please, force me open now'. Gentlemen?" The warriors accompanying Achro got out various implements - a cutting torch, a crowbar, some sort of large handheld drill, a spoon, for some reason...

@EmperorWhenua@Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, The Muaka)

Tekmo rushed into Metru-Koro aboard the Muaka, searching for anyone he could recognize. From the looks of things, they already knew what was about to happen.

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Elevator Shaft)

Waveahk followed Stannis down the shaft, using his Gravity powers to float down it gently.

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Navu's Hut, Yaushe)

"The horn... it means... it means we're under attack."

@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Aaand that's our cue to leave." Enra said to Xane and Rangi. "You think we go through the magic portal, or...?"

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Sparticus147@Eyru@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Apex's Prison)

"I found something!" Gnabol said, loud enough so that Mazor would hear him, but not too loud to upset the Skaklets. He nervously stepped foot into the cave, the massive claw marks made him somewhat nervous.

@Smudge8

IC: Klawne (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut)

Klawne would have tried to follow Knichou and Nale, but she knew she'd never catch up to them with their Kakamas. Instead, she followed where everyone else was going - to the 'New Archives', not that she knew what those were.

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

"Attacked?" Her attention moved to the house. "We need to go. I'm sorry, but your, uh, dead body problem has to wait."

She honked the horn at the other two, trying to get their attention. They likely heard the horn, but she couldn't be sure they knew what it meant.

@Toru Nui@A-tak-nid@Tarn

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:19 AM, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

A voice echoed from nowhere in particular; “Wow. Three in one day. You all decided to get a life again? Oh. Oh no no no. Why do you keep bringing apostates and heretics into these hallowed chambers? I am the Administrator. Please state your names. And while I can’t make you leave, you heretics are not welcome.”

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"I am Xane," he replied, frowning at the voice's choice of words. Three in one day?

There were more than three of them here, and the Administrator had mentioned chambers, plural. Were there other temples, other puzzles? It made sense; this was a large island, and if one structure had survived all this time, others could have as well. But he had a more pressing question: "What lies through this portal?" 

@Unreliable Narrator

On 5/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Onaku said:

IC: Druu Arkkan

Druu sat calmly in his chair, overlooking the operations of the vahki piloting the ship in his name and keeping a keen eye on their heading. The Inferno was hanging just above the three other ships, trailing behind them closely though with just enough space between them so as to not be considered uncourteous. Druu was already at the ship’s helm, flying his ship just a little bit closer, crossing the boundary of courtesy into properly violating their personal space. The immense hulk of a ship called The Inferno loomed over the three smaller ships, and the very second after Amarth fired the cannon at The Razorfish’s identical weapon, her aim accounting for the small ship's new trajectory...

IC: Zaliyah – Airborne Armada

As she moved away from the other ships, Zaliyah leaned forward to glance out through the viewport before her, to make sure the other vessels were following her order.

They weren’t. 

Instead of breaking away from the others, the Inferno was instead inching towards the Tranquillity, and its pulse cannon was-

“Right!” She shrieked into her headset, even as the Inferno fired its artillery. 

A combination of factors saved the Razorfish’s pulse cannon from immediate destruction. 

Both airships were in motion, the Inferno moving slowly forward, the Razorfish moving more quickly, diagonally away from the other ships. The Inferno was firing from above and behind the other ships, its artillery cannon mounted underneath. The Razorfish’s artillery was also attached underneath, meaning it was already somewhat shielded by the rear end of the vessel’s fuselage, and the curve of its hull, not to mention the bay doors of the compartment it was recessed into.  

It took only a split-second for the Vahki in the cockpit above to comply with Zaliyah’s order, pushing the dial that increased the flow of liquid protodermis through the right-side outlet, swinging the ship further to the right in the instant before the pulse blast struck. 

Still, the bolt succeeded in slashing open the airship’s side as it cleaved down across the wall of the crane compartment, reducing a section of the hull to flaking fragments. One half of the bay door broke loose, its hinge disintegrating. Damaged Kanoka tumbled out into the void, and the ship listed, thrown off-balance by the loss of the disks. 

“Full ascent!” Zaliyah ordered, raising her voice to be heard over the screaming of the air rushing right into her face through the ruptured cabin. Protective lenses morphed into place over the eyeslits of her kanohi, shielding her eyes from whipping detritus. “Cut thrust.”

Her stomach lurched as the vessel rapidly shifted upwards, weight increase disks retracting away from the framework. The engines sputtered to a stop as the vessel rose, momentum causing it continue swinging in a slow circle. 

“Stop! Level us out and bring us around to face them.”

The ship swiftly steadied again, the placement of weight increase and levitation disks being adjusted to compensate for the lost ones. In another time, she might have tried to make contact, demanded an explanation, but there was no time, and no point. There had been no enemy vehicles nearby, no call for help or signs of struggle from the Inferno. For reasons unclear, Druu had chosen to turn on them, leaving them vulnerable at a pivotal moment in their campaign. 

Whatever his motivations, he had chosen his fate. 

There would be no mercy. 

Zaliyah could see that Poroka had opted for the same strategy as she had, and was already firing upon the Inferno. She joined him, firing the plasma cannon and pulse weapon both down towards the bridge of the traitorous vessel. 

@Onaku

Edited by Nato the Traveler
Fixed typo
  • Like 3

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi rubbed his head, trying to process this. Bode had guilt? That was … a relief at least, but then Bode had indeed killed a fellow Matoran. In a time when Matoran were nearly extinct. Guilt was too little too late. Why wasn’t he locked up? Varah had been guarding him, but was the village really so desperate that they had to overlook his crimes? Why had Kanohi abandoned them.

Okay. Okay okay okay. If we have to give them tribute,” Kanohi talked himself through his thoughts, “I think we have two possible resources to give them, if we have to. Mahi, and Regeneration disks. Skakdi eat with their mouths, right? Maybe we could try to prepare the Mahi as food. And out here, I don’t imagine there is much resources to mend their vehicles with, so regeneration disks would be useful, without giving them a weapon against us…

But they are cowards? Varah, do you think they left because they did not expect Po-Koro to fight back?” If they were too cowardly to face foes who would fight back, then maybe Po-Koro would be able to scare them off with those recently built giant caltrops. They might not need to give a tribute after all.

But if the Skakdi came back, and with more force, it might be wise to set aside some resources the village could spare. The Skakdi killed twenty five villagers before they left, fifty seven had been injured, Po-Koro could not afford more fighting. Not until they had recovered from the first raid. 

IC: Zsann, Metru Koro (Navu's hut)

Zsann had barely opened her mouth to reply to Triage's question when suddenly, the air seemed to be filled with noise from all directions - the alarm at first, and then, another noise, a... honk? Yaushe. Something's happening.

"W-we sh-sh-should g-g-go" she grumbled through clenched teeth, a mild sting shooting through the left side of her face. Without waiting for an answer the Skakdi turned and started to make her way back to the van as quicky as she could.
On days like these she really hated her stutter.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Tarn

Edited by A-tak-nid
replaced one of two "reply"s in an attempt at better prose :)
  • Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)