Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Keitara (Zero Hour)

(Reccomended listening: Heretic, Hero from the Halo 2 soundtrack)

The horn roused Kei from her blissful slumber. Shaking herself, she looked around. Everyone was scrambling to battle stations. Kei's mind, fully rested, clicked into gear. They were under attack, they must be. It had begun.

Light shone from various stone lamps and panels. It wasn't much, but Kei felt it trickling into her body like fresh, cold water. Slowly, her blue nimbus began to creep back to life. Grabbing the fabric tarpaulin she and Skorm had been using as a sheet, she threw it over her shoulders and used a shard of metal from her lance to pin it at the front.

Hefting her shield on one arm, she sprinted for the cockpit.

When she arrived, she addressed Knichou. "Orders, Sir" she said. "What can I do?"

(OOC: @BULiK)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Sala (Metru-Nui Garrison)

As Sala was about to respond to Juno, the sound of a loud horn resonated throughout the entirety of the garrison, a look of shocked surprise sweeping across Juno's face. "What's that?" "That's the signal horn of the garrison, to announce to Metru-Koro that an attack is on its way. The League is here. Listen, you two need to get into the New Archive as soon as possible, it'll be safe down there." Juno said to the two with a commanding certainty.

"Wait, I friend here needs his chassis fixed first, isn't there anything we can do to get that done?" "Listen, it's not safe for you two, but if he needs his chassis to be fixed, he can follow me to the armory, maybe we can spare a regeneration kanoka or two. Come along now, you get to the New Archive though." Juno said to Sala, but Sorilax stopped Sala before he left. "Sala, wait, take this." Sorilax said as he passed Sala the keys to Second Skin"Sala, I need you to get Second Skin, we left it by the South Gate. Where is this armory Guard Matoran Juno?" "It's actually within the garrison itself." "Good, in that case Sala, meet me here outside the garrison and we can make our way to these New Archives."

And with that, Sala and Sorilax split ways, Sala going to the South Gate to retrieve Second Skin and Sorilax going with Juno to get his chassis hopefully repaired.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Puppeting approved by Kal the Guardian

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Nui Western Wall)

Vulimai needed to get to that airship, she needed to at least attempt one to make peaceful contact with the League, to if not save Metru-Koro then to buy them time. It was only when Vulimai heard the confused shouts of the guard matoran that she passed that she slowed her pace and looked to see what the commotion was.

What she saw left her momentarily stunned, the sight of one of the League ships, seemingly turning on all the others. Seeing that, Vulimai's mind went to one thought, "Jorak, you son of a visorak." But Vulimai knew that this wasn't over. One airship against three, any and all damage these League ships were going to sustain were only going to work with the element of surprise, Jorak has most certainly lost that. But, with their ships damaged, they might be more willing to halt their assault.

So once again Vulimai continued to run, now with a new found vigor and hope driving her, as she arrived at the Taku and entered it, hoping to find the captain of this vessel.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 1

IC [Tactical Panda II]:

As the airship came about and pointed its bow towards the massive silhouette looming on the horizon, Yumiwak could look down and almost picture the flow of the battle that had taken place based on where the dead had fallen and where the fight had led, eventually showing a trail of footsteps leading away from the carnage. Her assumption had been right, whoever had walked away from this had been heading towards the giant head, at least initially. But up ahead, the landscape below became increasingly eroded, full of small, dried out gorges and overhanging rocks where water had once flown. It would be impossible to trace the footsteps reliably from above in this terrain.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro North Gate, Bridge of the Taku

As Vulimai climbed up the rope ladder to enter the cargo bay, Exuze and Suhaku directed her to the bridge on the upper deck, assuming she was another volunteer. Vulimai arrived to see Knichou mumbling to himself in the captain's chair, Nale standing tense nearby, and Keitara emerging from the crew quarters attached to the left side of the bridge. Knichou's eyes darted between the three warriors in front of him as his mind continued to race. Knichou addressed Keitara's question first as he stroked his chin in thought.

"Keitara, glad you made it aboard. Orders? Depends on what people I have to work with here, and what we're up against. Speaking of who's here that can fight..."

Knichou turned and pointed to Vulimai.

"Who the Karz are you?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

"The head?!"

Korio dropped his mop and moved closer to the bow, getting a better look at the Zakaz horizon. "The great big noggin' from the stars? Well, I've been wantin' to get a better look at it meself...must be a great tourist spot," the Vo-Skakdi said, smirking at that last part...although, when wasn't he smirking? "Our mark must think so, at least."

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Navu's Hut)

"I think we should, too," Triage said, grabbing up his satchel, although something felt very wrong about leaving the body like this. Wasn't like they had much of a choice in the matter, unfortunately. Taking one more look at Datrox, he noticed that the ice had melted away in other places, apparently from what body heat the Toa of Fire had left before going cold, exposing a small sheathe around his back with a knife still in it. An odd curiosity drew the medic to pull it out and observe it.

"...Vella?" Wasn't that the name of the captain's...?

Yaushe's honking reminded the medic of the imminent danger approaching, and he hurriedly put the knife away in his satchel in a panic, before running outside to the van. "Wegottagowegottagowegottago--"

@Toru Nui@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (The Taku, Metru-Koro)

The first thought through Skorm's head as he and Keitara made their way to the bridge was the alarm horn sounds different on the other side. How many times had he heard that call, rousing defenders against forces he was a part of, that he commanded? They all seemed to blend together in Skorm's memory. Was that Takadox's work, or something more natural?

Skorm pushed those thought aside as he followed Kei onto the bridge. He had an idea that might be able to avert some of the combat, but for now he just crossed his arms, waiting with the others.

OOC: @BULiK @TL01 NUVA

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Ice

Sidra, Leklo, and then Korrun stepped through the portal. They felt a glowing warmth as they passed through. Korruhn’s arm throbbed. Eventually, their eyes adjusted to the brightness of where they stood. They felt their heartlights flutter as they tried to take in everything they saw. The new room was just as strange as the last. It was square, and about half the distance across as the first chamber. Frosted ice covered the walls. Blurred reflections followed them as they moved around the new space. On the far wall hung three tubes, with unlabeled measuring marks scored into the tubes’ surfaces. Solid cores of ice rested at the top of each tube. A triangular lantern waited in the center of the room on a small pillar, mysteriously lit with a bright orange warmth and no internal fuel. A single charm decorated each face of the lantern. The charms were the same as the three used to open the portal: destiny, peace, and willpower.

“Each path you take creates the road to your destiny. Work with the light and you cannot fail," said the Administrator.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

To make things easier for your visualizations, here's images of the three mentioned charms

Destiny:

240px-Destiny_Charm.png

Peace:

240px-Peace_Charm.png

Willpower:

240px-Willpower_Charm.png

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Work with the light..." she mused, approaching the lantern. There seemed to be three paths, but she thought it unlikely that they all led to the same destination. There had to be a right way. She tried to turn the lantern on the pedestal, to see if shifting it triggered any kind of response.

@Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sidra discovered by attempting to turn the lantern by its handle she could easily pick it up and carry the lantern around. She noticed the light filtered through the lantern out of the charm shapes on each face.

The three tubes on the back wall were about a foot in height, securely mounted to the wall, and capped on the top of each with a thick block of ice.

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @Nato the Traveler

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, ???

Korruhn rubbed his accursed right arm, still slightly numb from the pain of traveling through the portal. The pain would soon subside, back to the normal level Korruhn was used to anytime he ventured into the light. As his mind emptied of pain, he found himself taking in the sparse new frozen chamber, and began surmising how to get through this room.

"Sidra," Korruhn spoke into the silence, uttering the hunter's name for the first time. "Try taking the lantern to the ice caps. Maybe each face of the lantern interacts with one specific tube."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe

She opened the door for him and Zsann. "I noticed. Navu, what are you meant to do when that noise goes off?"

@A-tak-nid @Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

At Korruhn's suggestion, she moved towards the tubes, slowly turning each face of the lantern towards the first of the tubes, to see if the light lined up with the measuring marks, or revealed anything else. Once done, she repeated the process with the other two tubes.

@Unreliable Narrator

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru Koro > Taku:

Kat didn't really understand what was going on, but the tension in the air was unmistakable. A fight was coming. As Iradra ran to catch up with Taja, Kat made her own explosive exit as she sprinted and leapt over huts with bursts of fire trailing behind her, making a direct beeline for the Taku. In fact is was almost no time at all before she'd returned to the airship.

"Hey, I'm back! What's happening anyway?" She called out to....well to anyone who was around, really.

Sidra discovered by holding the light to the first tube it gave off enough heat to make the caps of ice begin to melt. She watched small droplets of water form, dangle, and then drip to the bottom of the tube. She also noticed the frosted ice wall began to melt to a mirror’s shine the longer the lantern remained near the wall. Close to the first tube (the left one), Sidra discovered the reflection of the Peace charm glowed brightest. The second tube (middle one), reflected the Destiny charm brightest. The third (right one) reflected the Willpower charm brightest. As Sidra held the lantern near each tube the ice caps began to melt. When she finished her investigation each tube was nearly filled to the first mark of four.

“Be careful of how much light you shed. Too much of something good can be just as harmful as the shadows themselves,” cautioned the Administrator.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

Happy chat.

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Ulkarr answered Kat's question. "It is my understanding that we are under attack."

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, The Muaka)

Tekmo saw many other defenders head towards the airship known as 'the Taku'. Naturally, he began taking the Muaka to where it was docked, IV in tow.

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Navu's Hut, Yaushe)

"You're supposed to go hide in the New Archives. They're underground. The entrance is just ahead."

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Tarn@A-tak-nid

On 5/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax strode confidently into the Coliseum, with Saybo following close behind him. He began to head toward the elevator.

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 49th Floor

With - (Great Being) Aurax

The humble Saybo and his Great master made their way through the lobby, their armored feet clacking on the stone tiles of the floor that had been obviously waxed earlier in the day. Aurax’s disciple called the elevator, letting Aurax step in first before entering in himself.

Saybo hit the button for the 50th floor and Dume’s old office. The door slid closed with a noise of running rails and then a muted light thump as it met the wall. The ride up was of no consequence, with Saybo remaining silent out of respect for his Great Being’s grandeur.

Only the drone of the elevator carriage being pulled higher could be heard. The small room smelled of frequent use by beings used to giving reports in the field. No one had cared to clean up before seeing Pridak. Surely it would be cleaned overnight, but currently it was mildly irritating.

Saybo’s hand rested on his pistol, unclasping the holster. He drew it several times in a fluid, practiced motion. A couple times ready to fire from the hip and a couple times dropping into a proper shooting stance. His time in the stasis pod had kept him well preserved indeed.

He studied his knuckles. Yes, each one held a bead of water, always at the ready, maintained even with his mask off. His Kanohi still hung within easy distance of his face, ready to be donned. He was ready mentally and physically for almost any eventuality.

They reached the 49th floor, the elevator stopping for some unknown reason. Saybo’s mind raced through possibilities. What’s wrong? Could Pridak know somehow? Has he taken ill? Is he out? Well, better to keep innocence until the last possible moment no matter what.

As the door slid open, Saybo exited the elevator and looked around. There was someone behind a desk, looking their way. Potentially concerning. Saybo grinned and strode over. “What’s going on here, my friend? My partner and I need to report to Pridak on…” Saybo widened his eyes and dropped the grin as if he had misspoken and realized his mistake. He leaned in and spoke in hushed tones, “Actually he told us not to tell anyone. Just let him know Saybo and Ohrash are back with what he wanted.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Vulimai (Taku)

"Who the Karz are you?"

"I am Guard Captain Vulimai of Metru-Koro and I request access to your ships radio if it has a working one. It appears that one of the League ships has turned against the other three and this might be the chance we need to settle this conflict with as little loss of life as we can."

Making their way through the stone halls of the garrison, Juno and Sorilax headed down the stairs into the lower levels of the garrison and into the armory. Entering the dimly lit armory, rows and rows of stacked kanoka disks and masks and weapons filled the space as multiple matoran went to work at high alert, taking supplies to guards on the walls. One onu-matoran stood out, for unlike the rest, he was standing in one place, surveying the whole scene delivering commands to the rest of the matoran working within it.

Approaching the onu-matoran, Juno spoke to Bronk, "Bronk, what's the count on kanoka's? How many of them are useable against an assault?" "Oh Juno, well we've counted and recounted them and we got around eight dozen disks, about half of which can be genuinely or potentially useful in a combative sense. We have mainly onu-disks but we are lacking in po-disks with a roughly equal amount on the other four types." Turning towards Juno after giving a quick command to a duo of matoran moving a crate, Bronk took notice of the other figure within the chamber. "Whose this Juno and why is he in my armory?" "Oh he's..." "Oh, I am Sorilax, I am here due to several variables. One being the severe structural damage inflicted upon my vessel by a giant centipede located within the Fau Swamp, which is south of here. Very nasty creature, I might add. you should do your best to avoid them...Do you have anything that might be able to help? Your Turaga implied as such."

Bronk looked at Sorilax with the same disinterested look that he gave everything else for several second before finally barking out to a passing matoran, "Go retrieve me a regeneration kanoka, no special type, level...6 if we have one. Hopefully that'll be enough to repair the damage. You there, uuuhh, Sorilax, stand where you are so you don't get in the way of anything, we'll get you fixed up in a second." And so, Sorilax stood there, not wanting to offend these helpful lesser... equal beings who have so kindly dedicated a portion of their time in his assistance.

Eventually, the matoran returned with the disk as requested, although it was one level lower than sixth. With a grunt of dissatisfaction at the failure to get his exact request, Bronk waved the matoran off before turning towards Sorilax, "Ok now, hold still, this might...hurt?Tapping the disk onto Sorilax's chest, a sudden effect immediately took hold, as servos and motors and bolts and plates and pistons all began to mend and heal and realign. The melted patches from Torch retreated, the chest cavity ballooned back to its full size, the color even partially returned, till at last, Sorilax was once again restored to his full range of motion. Sorilax's mind was left racing at that moment, just the miracualousness of such a seemingly simple device. A simple disc could do this much? It was outstanding, something that he would have loved to examine himself if it wasn't for another thought that stopped him...Sala, his apprentice, he needed to get back to him. Thanking the Bronk (Either the Matoran's name or rank, he wasn't sure), Sorilax was guided back up the stairs of the armory, into the garrison, to meet with Sala when the Matoran of Plasma returned.

As he waited, Sorilax inwardly thanked the Matoran again. The amount of money needed to repair his body would have been immense. It was custom, delicate work, and most Skakdi mechanics wouldn't have been able to handle it. Either due to temperament or skill. Yes, he owned much to the Matoran species and his friend Sala, who helped him navigate where he might otherwise be shunned. One simple disc fixing so much. Incredible. Le-Metru Nuva needed supplies like this. The Kanoka they had currently were not of much help he had been told. Hopefully the mines they had been preparing to dig when he left were faring well and they could figure out someplace to set up a forge.

OOC: @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA @Kal the Guardian Jammed out with Kal.

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale frowned. She certainly had things to lose, at least...

Before she could say anything else, Keitara arrived on the bridge, along with a new face: a Matoran named Vulimai, introducing themselves as Metru-Koro's Guard Captain. "Turned against...?"

She turned to Knichou. "If that's true, then the attackers are already at a disadvantage. This might just be our lucky break."

@BULiK@TL01 NUVA@Sparticus147

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

He thrashed his legs, trying to grapple Barius in their struggle. He could roll them to the edge and shove Barius off. He could keep pounding with his weapon until the skakdi’s ribs pierced his lungs. He could shove a hand into his face? Then Barius moved his arm to choke him out, and Boss’s plans changed. 

The shift in position altered Barius’s weight, and Boss leveraged the knowledge gleaned from his externalized vision, thrusting Barius off himself as he struggled out from underneath. He wanted as much distance between himself and Barius’s spiked club as quickly as possible. Boss scrambled to his feet, giving a mighty kick towards Barius’s head as he regained his balance...

OOC: @Burnmad

Happy chat.

More beings filtered up to the bridge. Kat was already shown to be ready to fight, Knichou could count on her to go along with whatever plan he thought up. Skorm was an unknown element to Knichou, but he appeared to be patiently awaiting orders as well. From where the Toa entered, Knichou presumed this was one of Kei's allies, hopefully he could be trusted. The matoran spoke up in response to Knichou.

Guard Captain, huh?

Knichou payed close attention to the matoran's words. Apparently there were four enemy ships total, with one betraying the other three? This was a surprise to Knichou, but a welcome one. A four-versus-one suicide mission had just become a three-versus-one-versus-one brawl. The battle was now winnable, but only with careful maneuvering and decisive actions. The Taku needed to get in the fight before the League's backstabber was annihilated, when there was maximum chaos to conceal the Taku's approach. He nodded in agreement with Nale's assessment, then turned to answer Vulimai.

"The time for diplomacy has passed, what are you trying to accomplish by contacting their traitor? He chose his fate, nothing will stop that fight, and using the radio over an open channel would only bring more attention to us. The only way we can help is by getting to those ships before they are finished fighting with one another."

As soon as he had countered Vulimai's proposition, Knichou went back to tallying up the manpower gathered in the room. Light, fire, magnetism, iron, shadow, lizard. Maybe this newcomer was another of iron or magnetism? This could work...

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Keitara (Cockpit- the Taku)

Kei's thoughts raced on greased bearings. She didn't have any tactical background she could remember, but still… the thing was, she realized, if she looked at the situation she was capable of breaking it down into pieces. She could see the pattern of things. It was simple logic. 

Long story short, Keitara had an idea. She turned to her Twi-Toa friend and companion. "Skorm, would you feel comfortable with IV coming along with us? I may need his help."

She then turned to the Taku's pilot. "Knichou, one of the two ships fighting against the League will need a mechanic more than the other. Which would you place your widgets on?" Then, in a more serious tone, "I know it seems odd to trust them, but isn't there an old saying that goes 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend?' It may be worth it to offer help. Of course, if you ask me to I'll happily stay here and do what I can to aid in any necessary repairs. Time to see whether or not you were telling the truth about me being one of your Ghosts, eh?"

(OOC:  @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
To better respond to posts which hit while I was typing

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Floor 49 Reception area.

"I'm terribly sorry but Barraki Pridak is not taking appointments at this time," said the Vortixx as they pushed a pair of reading glasses up the bridge of their mask. "Perhaps I can schedule you at the earliest available time? Does... two weeks from today in the morning work?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

Happy chat.

Knichou looked at Keitara with a confused expression.

"I... don't follow. You're not suggesting you should go to - we don't even know for sure that that other ship is on our side yet! It could be Ehlek trying to pull one over on Pridak for all we know!"

IC: 

Most educated lizards new to stay away from a fight. This lizard, however, grew up on the comics of Toa JOJO. This lizard knew they needed to get closer to hurt the big almond ships in the sky. This lizard considered sticking a tongue in Knichou's audio receptors. 

Tasty snacks could be inside...

... but when was the right moment...

• Like 2

Happy chat.

"I know if that ship is on our side, I have been in contact with a toa Jorak since we crash landed here. He has been conducting reconnaissance on the League for me for the past week, the last time I communicated with him was earlier today after I left turaga Sans's hut. If I'm correct, that is Toa Jorak piloting that vessel right now, ALONE, and he is going to need our help if we are not going to take the opportunity to discourage the League into leaving before things get out of hand. I can contact him right now even." As Vulimai finished her statement, she pulled out the two-way communicator out of her satchel and waved it for Knichou to see.

OOC: @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA 

32 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Floor 49 Reception area.

"I'm terribly sorry but Barraki Pridak is not taking appointments at this time," said the Vortixx as they pushed a pair of reading glasses up the bridge of their mask. "Perhaps I can schedule you at the earliest available time? Does... two weeks from today in the morning work?"

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 49th Floor Reception area

With - (Great Being) Aurax, NPC Vortixx

Saybo was momentarily distracted by the Vortixx pushing up something on their face. What were those? Mini telescopic lenses? I’ll figure it out later.

Back to the task at hand. Delaying tactics? Obviously this Vortixx didn’t know the importance of this mission. Pridak really had wanted to keep it quiet. Still, this Vortixx was trying to obstruct him and the Great and only Aurax. That wouldn’t do. Perhaps a verbal counter attack was in order.

Standing straight again, Saybo sounded confused, “Pridak literally told us ASAP.” Saybo frowned and his brow knit together, his voice growing suspicious, “You would know that if you really were scheduling appointments... In fact, I was just here earlier today.” His tone grew accusatory, “You weren’t here earlier today, nor did Pridak tell us to report to anyone but him! Who are you and why are you trying to obstruct the governing of the League?! Have you done something to our leader!?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Knichou was relieved when Vulimai confirmed that Keitara may have been right to assume this apparent League traitor was an ally - the Toa of iron was always overly cautious about that sort of thing. As soon as Nale finished speaking, he turned to respond to Vulimai.

"So what do you need my ship's radio for? You can contact your inside man already. None of this changes the fact that this is our best opportunity to strike and get a decisive victory. Even if you convince them to retreat, they'll just return once they have consolidated their armies even more. Jorak turned this from a last stand into a battle we can win. We have one allied ship that can put up a fight, all we need to do is - wait."

He stopped mid sentence as the pieces fell in place and the outline of a decent tactic emerged from the clutter of Knichou's mind. Everyone in the room waited in either anticipation or confusion.

"Nale. That's perfect, I could -" Knichou held his tongue before completing that sentence, already racing off to his next thought.

"I think I know what we need to do. What's the League's advantage in this fight?"

Knichou did not wait someone to answer his rhetorical question.

"They have more airships, and those airships have more cannons. How can we turn their advantage against them? Jorak already showed us how!"

Knichou looked around at the assorted team, searching their faces to see if this plan was as crazy as it seemed. To Knichou, it was just crazy enough that it might work.

"The Taku may not have weaponry, but we have all of you..."

Knichou gestured to the assorted beings in front of him.

"We don't need to get you on board our allied ship, Keitara. We need to get all of us aboard as many of their ships as possible. If we can take out the crew or sabotage each from the inside, we can not only win this battle, but give Metru-Koro an actual fleet to defend itself with so Pridak will think twice before trying to attack the matoran here again."

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius hit the stone floor of the ledge with a *crash!* He stuck his claws in the grooves, keeping him from sliding too close to the edge before he could get back up. He rose to one knee, and ducked his head to his right as boss kicked at it. The Skak's colossal, clawed foot dug into his shoulder, and the force of the kick pushed him back another foot, but the compactness of his pose kept him from moving too much. His hand shot up to grab onto his opponent's ankle, and he knew he had enough time to make a counterattack, as he held the Skak's left foot in his grip.

Straightening his knees, he raised his torso, bringing with it the foot still held tight to his chest. Boss would probably be thrown off balance, and his hip was no doubt at an unpleasant angle. He gripped his club tightly with his right hand.

The smell of perfume filled his nostrils, masking the stench of her sickness, and of the warband at large. He couldn't remember what he'd said; some kind of sniveling. He remembered her response, though, gasped between coughing fits: "The world is cruel, little Skaklet; if you wanna survive, you'll have to be crueler."

He swung the club up and into his opponent's bad hip with all his might.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Ruins of Fire

Providence was at the Ruins of Fire. He wasn't sure how he felt about the events that led him there, or the ambiguous superposition of his companions, and he wasn't even sure why he had felt the need to come here; but here he was, bursting through the doorway, finding himself greeted by a crowd of other people. Unknown to him, the Vahki from earlier was still tapped into his sensory information, and could have even tailed him here.

"...Sorry I'm late?" He offered, uncertain.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Eyru @~Xemnas~ @Keeper of Kraata @Onaku @Nato the Traveler @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

Anyone who was in Prov's group before can decide if they're still with him.

IC: Morangad - East of Metru-Koro

'Metru-Koro', as he'd found the ramshackle village near the giant robotic head to have been called, was currently enveloped in a conflict that Morangad had neither the capacity nor the desire to interfere in. Accordingly, at the first signs of such, he had promptly begun walking into the desert in the opposite direction from that which the 'airships' were coming from; that is to say, east. And eastward he traveled still, having decided to seek out the injured manas crab he had witnessed before, and hopefully heal her. It would be a shame for the swamp to lose such a specimen.

OOC: Morangad open for interaction. Failing that, he'll probably run into Mazor and Gnabol @Smudge8

IC: Ollem - Stone Suva

"I'm not sure what we'll find," Ollem said between tugs of the Suva. "I guess something to do with masks, going by the hologram." He nodded his head towards the still-repeating image of the Toa of Water.

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 2

Keitara anxiously began adjusting her shield. Then her eyes fell on the long tines and flat cutting blades on its end.

"Knichou…" said Kei slowly, "How do these ships stay up in the air? Furthermore, how would one go about making them not do so?"

(OOC: @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"Perhaps I shouldn't have spoken up..." Nale said sarcastically, before putting on a serious face again. "You're suggesting boarding parties, take out the fleet from the inside out. It'll be dangerous, maybe a little violent...but it sounds like our best option. And a little exciting. How do we get onto the ships in the first place, then?"

@BULiK@TL01 NUVA@Sparticus147

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Kei turned to Nale. "I think we're on the same slate here. I don't like the idea of slaughtering a whole shipload of beings either. But Maybe that won't be necessary. If we can ground the ships, it would make boarding easier and we might be able to more easily capture the crew rather than slaying them. And as for how to get on, I may have an idea there as well." She turned back to Knichou. "Does this ship have any grappling cable? And any cylindrical bar stock metal or old support girders? Oh, and maybe something that could reduce weight or create buoyancy in a target?"

(OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata)

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Irna | The Taku

It took Irna a while to find her way inside the airship -- it wasn't as though she had exactly been at home on the Ripple, and this airship was of a different design than that one had been, anyway. But she eventually made it to the cockpit, where Kei and Skorm seemed to be meeting with the man Knichou and a variety of other warriors, most of them preoccupied with what was beyond the main window, an image of--

Who's fighting the League fleet?

"Skorm," she said quietly, placing a hand on the ex-Leaguer's shoulder. "What's going on?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Perspective," Parnassus said, winking. "Ability isn't everything, you know. Not even for someone like you. What you can know about the world, how you approach it. There's power in that which you can't see."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Knichou responded first to Keitara's original question - he was well versed in airship mechanics by now and a factual answer was the easiest to get across first.

"Airships use levitation and weight increase kanoka, sometimes distributed evenly throughout the hull, sometimes in clusters called 'levitation engines' like on the Taku. Most airships will have a supply of spare disks somewhere on board too. If you can't capture the bridge of the ship, you can always cause havoc by disabling the machinery connecting it to the bridge, or by manually causing the disks inside to misfire against the hull. Disabling the ship's weapons will also work for that, since that forces them to retreat. But obviously, the more ships we can capture without destroying, the better, since we can use their guns to destroy the rest and take them back to Metru-Koro to be use for defense in the future."

After taking a short breath to recover from that technical rambling, Knichou addressed Nale's concerns.

"Even if we aren't killing the crew - every crew member trying to fend us off is one less crew member firing at Jorak, the Taku, or Metru-Koro. It's definitely dangerous, but going hand to hand lets us disable those ships without destroying them and potentially killing all those inside."

"As for your question, Kei, we have a cargo crane in the back, and I can create anything metal we'd need. We also have our own backup supply of levitation and weight increase disks. I don't know if I like where you're going with this, though... if we keep the Taku close to them they'll just fire on us, and I don't think we could withstand that damage for long. If we're all on their ships, they can't risk firing their best weapons at us out of fear of harming their allies, and they'll be too busy fighting hand to hand to fire them anyways - it completely nullifies their weaponry advantage, and depending on the size of the crew we can outnumber and overwhelm them."

Edited by BULiK

"Well, if we are going to attempt to board them, it might be best we know what we're boarding." Vulimai said as she put the communicator up to her mouth and begin to speak in it, "Jorak, this is Vulimai, I am aboard the Taku and we are currently making a plan to come and assist you currently, but we need to know the capabilities of the other three ships and the current crews of them as well. Can you give this to us Jorak?"

OOC: @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA @Onaku

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

As Sidra held the lantern near each tube the ice caps began to melt. When she finished her investigation each tube was nearly filled to the first mark of four.

“Be careful of how much light you shed. Too much of something good can be just as harmful as the shadows themselves,” cautioned the Administrator.

"Okay, so it's a number puzzle," she mused, stepping away and moving the lantern behind her back so it wouldn't prematurely melt anything else. She glanced at Korruhn and Leklo, "What do you think? Numbers of circles or lines in the symbols, maybe?"

23 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Perspective," Parnassus said, winking. "Ability isn't everything, you know. Not even for someone like you. What you can know about the world, how you approach it. There's power in that which you can't see."

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

He considered the words for a moment, mulling over their meaning. "I don't understand," he finally admitted.

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax said nothing as he waited; he decided to let Saybo do all the talking. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

”Hmmm...” 

Upon seeing the chutes descending from the holes, Atamai scooted over to the chasm and looked around, hoping to spot any more clues. 

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC, Whira: Ruins of Fire

Whira looked up, the disembodied voice rousing her from her examination of the temple wall. 

”I am Whira,” she said. 

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Taku:

There was that name again. Pridak. And a new one! Ehlek. So the fight ahead had something to do with the guy called Pridak? Kat supposed that Pridak was a bad guy of some variety. warlords had occasionally come to her island looking to dominate or control the monks there, but none had ever succeeded. The senior students and masters had always seen to that. She peered up into the sky, watching the other airships, including the one that seemed to be turning on the others. She wondered what that was about. she had many questions that she didn't have a lot of time for it seemed. But there were two questions that pertained to the matter at hand, so she piped up and asked them.

"Hey Knichou, those ships are like yours, and need a bunch of people to make em work, right? but i know people from inside said not a lot of people.... well... not a lot of folks made it out of the crash. How are they making all four of 'em work?"

"And that Pridak guy you keep talking about.... is he real strong?"

@BULiK

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by a voice she knew instantly. Her heart sank. If there was anyone she didn't want to see her like this, it was Nixie. But she turned around anyway to see the Ga-Matoran take a few hesitant steps towards her.

"Nixie? What are you doing here? You need to get to the caves!"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Nato the Traveler

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They stirred at the Administrator's voice. It was both familiar and not, like something out of a half-forgotten dream. Impossible to know if the déjà vu was real or imagined. After so many years, everything reminded them of something else. 

"I am the eldest of my siblings," they said in their low, stilted voice. "What would you... keep from us?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

"Pridak has an army, Kat. More than enough to crew a few airships. This is nothing compared to the fleets at the height of the war."