Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

OOC: mobile

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

"How can you not-" he pursed his lips, silencing his own protest. His frills bristled as he considered the being before him. This didn't make sense. All of the warskaks knew what Irnakk's Tooth was. It was among their most sacred sites. Unless... 

Though he of course could not see it, he had felt the impact a week prior, a mighty tremor worse than any earthquake, seeming so loud and powerful it could have shattered the very planet. 

In the days after, he had heard the ravings of captured warskaks, and the whispers of the few Mesi who could see, that the cause of the impact was a gigantic skull that had fallen from the sky, and that a myriad of new beings - strange spined skakdi among them - had emerged from it. He'd dismissed it all as madness. 

But perhaps it wasn't? The way this skakdi spoke, his decision to engage in conversation rather than attack, his strange questions... it all seemed too complex, too elaborate to be an act. 

"This is Irnakk's Tooth. The warskaks who roam the wastes revere and fear it in equal measure," he explained, "It is here that they commit their foul sacrifices and other tortuous rituals. The lives that have been lost here are beyond count." 

He had walked the path towards the Nightmare Pits, once, years ago, at a time when he'd been sure the warskaks weren't around. Even as one who collected the teeth of his kills, the sheer number of skulls piled along the path had horrified him.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

"Ah, I see...So this is a place of rite and ritual...Of rot and of waste..." Drukarus momentarily allowed himself to have his nostrils flare at the thought of it, senselessly throwing away valuable resources for some false sense of power. Drukarus has seen first hand what blind faith leads too, and the consequences of such actions are now beyond repair.

"It seems like my goal grows evermore justified as I learn more about the skakdi of this land...Speaking of which, I must ask as I am not sure, are you...a skakdi?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Stone:

Great Disc required for additional progress. Great Disc no longer available. New one will need to be created.

No knowledge of creating great discs in memory banks. Administrator may have information.

Unfamiliar term detected: the Krom. Searching word database...

Information not found. Clarification required.

“Administrator, what do you know of the Great Discs’ creation?” the machine asked. “Do you know the identity of their original creator? Additionally, explain the Krom. This unit is unfamiliar with that term

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@Snelly@Tarn@Harvali@Onaku

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

As Ysocla stood at the helm guiding the Panda down towards a smooth landing she got her first glimpse at her captain’s target. The warrior did indeed appear... blue. Maybe. She couldn’t actually see any details from this distance without a spyglass, but from Lady Yumiwak’s reaction this was probably going to be worth it. Hopefully.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

"Yes... and no," Marrow's tone was almost wistful. It had a very long time since anyone had taken an interest in him beyond as a target or foe. "We roamed the surface like the warskaks still do, until we were driven underground to work the foundries that have long since gone defunct."

He gestured to the pale flesh sunken into what had once been his eye sockets, "Our time underground has changed us. Now they call us Mesi."

While he waited for Drukarus to respond, he took a measured gulp from his waterskin, to soothe his throat. He wasn't used to speaking this much. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Zaliyah - Battle in the Skies

She broke off her fire as the damaged airship was wrenched skywards, angling and ascending away from the Razorfish with surprising speed and ferocity. At Zaliyah's order, her ship angled slightly upwards to watch the Inferno's insane ascent. Hopefully the Wombat was disconnecting itself from the harpoon, otherwise it would likely get dragged along with the doomed vessel. 

The skies of this world were far higher than those of the universe they'd left behind. With her cabin partially ripped open, Zaliyah was keenly aware that the air was thinner at this altitude. She was no structural engineer, but she suspected there had to be a limit to how high an airship could ascend before it and its occupants encountered difficulties, and it appeared the Inferno's last contribution to the League's cause would be to demonstrate those limitations. 

"Be ready for evasive maneuvers," she instructed her Vahki, "There may be debris." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Pridak/Coliseum

It’s amazing how I set up a system to be left alone, and then I take a breather before the big show, and I still get interrupted. I blocked out the schedule, I ordered the catering, I put on my new warsuit -- less missiles, more raw power -- and took a walk down to the docks of Ga-Metru. 

Leave it to Ehlek to insist my new warsuit be built to receive emails. 

The afternoon went by in a blur. I only remember some of the meetings, and the feeling of the slowly draining ocean lapping at my feet when I finally got a moment to myself and my guards. It’s infuriating to gain power and then find out power doesn’t equal getting a moment alone to think. Someone always has to protect you, watch you, or otherwise be nearby to get your opinion on something.

I can see why Takadox left. Power is a trap.

I watched the tide slowly recede and return. It felt strange to be sitting on a broken dock in Ga-Metru looking toward the dark and empty back of a dead god's skull. Stranger to be eating my snack while doing so. I never thought of myself as a binge eater. But I did seem to get certain cravings when thinking proved difficult and the paperwork piled up. 

My warsuit kept notifying me of emails. When I finally got around to checking, there were several messages from the vortixx receptionist I hired. One caught my eye, Saybo and Ourash being back with Stannis’ mask, but I didn’t really want to get up and rush back to the Coliseum. I wanted to savor the moment and enjoy the victory and work on repressing the deeper feelings of frustration and betrayal.

After a bit I responded: I’m out.

Apparently that wasn’t good enough. Apparently the leader of the free world had to go and collect the token of his fallen enemy personally. Apparently I requested they return the mask to me personally, and so I had to fulfill that.

I sighed and stood up. 

It was a long day.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Private Floor 49 Reception Room

“Our lord says he’s currently traveling back from Ga-Metru and will be available shortly,” the receptionist replied politely to Saybo and Aurax. “Please, take a seat? If you need some refreshments, there’s a small juice stand two floors down we just got repaired. The Watermelon Breeze is very popular.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

"Foundries? Defunct? The skakdi of this land had such modern technology and yet even that has gone to waste! And this...Mesi...The anger this one must feels towards the native skakdi must be great...and could be something of use to myself."

"I see Marrow, you're people must've suffered severely from the hands of the native warskaks. Though I am no stranger to the pain skakdi can inflict, I have inflicted it many a times before, what has happened to your people is truly a shame...Speaking of warskaks, do you know of any within the area, I was informed that there might be some here."

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Secret Passages)

Waveahk was unfazed by the ramblings and attempts at intimidation of those around him. He said nothing else, as clearly he had forgotten that reasoning with Toa was an exercise in futility. He'd freely let the League trample all over these fools... if they weren't his only viable source of clean water. That, and the League was ultimately worse - if not by much - and desperately needed a change in leadership, if not outright dissolution. Hopefully thing one and thing two wouldn't foul up this mission as well, and that this 'Great Lord Aurax' would not be the only candidate, throwing the League of Two Kingdoms into anarchic civil war before the Toa decided his usefulness had expired. It wouldn't be the first time he'd done something like this.

He followed Stannis through the Coliseum's hidden spaces, not entirely convinced the old one knew what he was doing.

@Tarn@Snelly@EmperorWhenua

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

Navu entered Yaushe through Mega's side, as she suggested, and tried to get comfortable like Zsann was.

@ZippyWharrgarbl

"That is why I'm here. A group of warskaks recently encountered the great sandworm out in the wastes. They have fled here, their warriors wounded, their vehicles damaged," his visage adopted a classic skakdi grin, "I intend to capitalise on their weakness."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

For a moment, he just stared, struggling to make sense of the situation. Miserix was the Aspect that Boss had imprisoned... how was she emerging from Boss' own body? And why was Parnassus so paralysed at the sight of her? Once again, Corrivalis found himself filled with the realisation that he was way out of his depth.

He didn't understand the stakes of the situation, couldn't make sense of what was happening. He didn't belong in this moment. 

Why had Boss insisted on bringing him along? 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

“The Kanoka you speak of predate my activation. But they must have been forged by one of the builders - one with the skill to harness such power through their craft. Their identity is unknown - lost to time or deliberately concealed.”

There was a pause, as if the administrator had to remember some knowledge that had remained unaccessed for millennia. 

“Before this island was Zakaz, the inhabitants believed in the Krom: the one who is above the great spirits. The one who transcends the primal urges - creation and destruction. The one who is outside time.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

The Skakdi trader slumped back in his chair, the action causing him to let out a drawn-out burp - though he had the courtesy of trying to suppress the noise, holding a fist in front of his mouth.

“Phew…” he said after a moment, looking at the other Skakdi with more concern than amusement. “You are serious, ain’t ya.”

“Alright. Well, if you wanna go around this spirit-forsaken island of all places and make good food and survive the attempt - you’re gonna need a set of wheels or treads or at least something more than those tippy-toes. Only way to make it as a freelancer out here. Don’t suppose you got one of those, do ya?”

“...don’t suppose you heard the name Cravious before either, hm?”

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC [Nixie]:

There was a soft tug on Taja’s arm.

“Hey…” Nixie said. The Matoran was standing next to her, holding out a full water-skin, offering it to the Toa. “Thanks again for saving my work.” she said. The astronomer hoped the small act of kindness would help at least a little to pull her friend out of the funk she was in.

She looked at Taja's companions as well, even if they looked scary. "Thanks to all of you." she said, addressing Whisper.

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Drukarus (Irankk's Tooth)

"You intend to kill them I presume, how...expected, and wasteful...Yes, you might be able to kill them, but what does that leave you other than what little you can carry? No, if you are willing, I propose an alternative option...I propose we dominate the warskak into service, with a proper warchief leading them."

Drukarus knew that he was going all in with this gambit, putting trust in this Marrow that he will assist him in his goal and that this warskak was as injured as he claimed it to be. If Marrow did not comply, then that would mean that Drukarus would be alone in this endeavor. And if the warskak wasn't as weak as Marrow thought, then that would make asserting dominance all the more difficult.

IC: Gore Fury (McGrokk's Shop)

"A pair of wheels? Well I got my Grillmeister, found her out there in the wastes, shame what happened to the original owner though, she's a real piece of work. But onto this Cravious fellow, who is he?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

"And I suppose that would be you?" He all but snarled the words. Power for power's sake - the newcomer was little different from the warskaks he sought to control. "I do not seek to rule or... repurpose the warband. I seek only to render them extinct." 

@Sparticus147

IC: Oreius | The Coliseum

Oreius turned away from the broken window. He couldn't stop the airships, but he could still accomplish his mission. If Pridak died, that would give the Matoran more time to prepare for the next assault. Or, best case scenario, the power vacuum would result in infighting, and the League would collapse back into separate kingdoms. They would spend their resources contesting each other's claim to the broken city while his people rebuilt their strength. 

He opened the door to the hallway. No one had appeared yet. The Coliseum was a vast structure, and most of it was probably unoccupied. Any alarm set off by breaking into one of these offices would take a while to respond to, if the alarms still functioned at all. Still, he had to be careful. There were surely Vahki patrols around, and if one of those robots saw him, they would instantly spread the word.

The overhead lighting flickered where it wasn't altogether destroyed. The hallway was cluttered with debris that had fallen as a result of the cataclysm. Ceiling tiles and fluorescent tubes laid broken on the floor, and frayed wires hung here and there like old cobwebs. Evidently, this level hadn't been cleaned up yet. Oreius moved quickly but deliberately, trying to disturb as little of the wreckage as he could. If he could make it through the tower without leaving a trail, so much the better. And the faster the better: that meant using the elevator. 

It was risky. There were probably cameras in the elevators—but then there were likely cameras everywhere, some broken and some not. The biggest risk was that someone would see him and manually stop the elevator between floors, leaving him to twiddle his thumbs until a force could be sent to apprehend him at their leisure. But taking a longer, slower way only increased the probability of running into a Vahki squad. Time was of the essence. So he made his way down the hallway until he came to a small lobby, its receptionist's desk long empty. Across from the desk stood three sets of doors, their lights off. Hopefully only the lights were defective, and not the lifts themselves.

Oreius pressed the call button and waited. After a painfully long minute, he heard something moving behind the leftmost set of doors before they creaked open. The elevator chamber looked to be in decent shape, so he entered and pressed the button for the topmost floor. He doubted it went all the way to Pridak's throne room, but the higher the better. He could make the rest of the journey on foot.

The doors closed with a grinding sound, then Oreius felt his stomach drop as the car began to rapidly ascend.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 5

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), the Cube

With - Uraborask

Cravious watched with interest as the hunter entered his abode. This Skakdi was now his investment, and it would best serve himself to make sure Uraborask’s vehicle was in perfect condition. He thought over potential designs and how he might upgrade the vehicle as he did a quick walk around. Cravious would know for sure what to do once tools were in his hands and the risk of being crushed under a vehicle suspended in the air presented itself to him.

The dirty and festering smell of the Rig mixed with okay smelling foods didn’t even bother him anymore as he strode back to his Cube. The large vehicle door was open and the ramp was down. Clash stood there, dumb yet reliable. Cravious made sure to avoid eye contact. He didn’t need to get into a scuffle right now and Clash wouldn’t be able to figure that fact out even if Cravious told the bodyguard.

The green Skakdi smiled at him, Cravious could hear it in his hireling’s voice, “Welcome back, sir. Feeling down? Care for a quick tussle?” He sounded eager. He really liked to fight. Well, so did Cravious. Still, not right now, “Later, I have business to attend to. There should be someone following behind me, let them drive right on up.

Clash frowned, “Oh, well, maybe next time. I’ll let them through.”

Entering his vehicle work station, Cravious got to work sorting his tools, grabbing the things he thought most necessary for the up and coming project.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"Hrmm, I too seek to bring death upon my enemies, but I do not desire death upon their people...You say you want to bring the warskaks of this land to death, but that would mean little in all honesty...Death is a natural part of the life of a skakdi, and to die from the hands of another, even what they might find as a lesser being as you tell me they think you are, would not tell a message any would recognize...But, for a warskak to be ruled by not just I, an outsider in the grand scheme of things, but by one of your kind. That would be a statement that they would recognize."

IC: Uraborask (Uraborask's Shack)

Hopping into the front seat of the truck, Uraborask turned on the thing and proceeded to drive it towards the cube that was parked all too close to his property. Hopefully that won't attract anymore curious and intrusive skaks. 

As Uraborask drove the truck into the cube, he gave a glowering look at the skakdi by the entrance before parking it in the space that Cravious was in. Getting out of the truck, Uraborask turned towards Cravious and said to the busy skak, "So, what should I expect by tomorrow morning and do you need me?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

"Messages, statements... so grandiose," he chuckled. Wherever this being was from, conflict was clearly far more extravagant and complex than it was here. And the fact Drukarus seemed so confident in his ability to lead, yet had no followers with him now, did little to strengthen his argument.

His offer of a partnership was an intriguing possibility, but after so many centuries spent honing his hatred, Marrow wasn't one to abandon his desires mere seconds into a conversation with some stranger. 

"This world is simple and brutal, and you have no right to speak to its nature. The warbands built their society upon the suffering of me and mine, and wiping them from the surface will mean much to us." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

"So then, is that it...death bigoted by death...Mmmmm, not the first time I've seen it, and it seems it won't be the last either...I will not stop or dissuade you any longer, for obviously any further attempts will be pointless, and although I doubt the next time we meet will not be so, may we meet again in favorable circumstance." Speaking his peace, Drukarus stepped passed the skakdi, keeping his senses sharp and a fair distance in the case of a sudden attack, but he did not leave without one last statement as he passed, "Know that I do sympathize with your people Marrow, and if you reconsider my offer when I am...in a more commanding position...I will accept your support for the exchange of my own."

If Marrow had still possessed eyes, he would've rolled them at Drukarus' attempt to sound condescending. He criticised Marrow for wanting to destroy his enemies, yet had also openly said he wished to bring death upon his own foes. The only apparent difference between them was that Marrow was resolved to bring about what destruction he could by himself, while Drukarus seemed intent on conquering a warband to do his dirty work for him. 

"If you plan to pursue the warband, then you must realise we're bound in the same direction," he growled, "And at crossed purposes." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat

Guns fire.  Lights hit big ship. Poroka watch bridge crumble into fiery mess. Bye-bye, new person.

"Captain. I recommend you take a seat."

Poroka wonder why, but sit down anyway. Front gun fire again. Direct hit, but not on bridge. Hit side of ship instead.

"The Inferno is ascending rapidly. It appears the last command before the destruction of the bridge was to send the vessel sky-high."

"This bad?"

"As we are still tethered to the Inferno, I must respond in the affirmative."

Ship tilt up. Tummy feel funny, like in elevator. Good thing Poroka sitting in chair. Look for seatbelt, but no luck.

"M-04A27 has located the harpoon and is attempting to sever the line," says Green. "Until confirmation of disconnection, we must match the Inferno's trajectory to avoid catastrophic structural damage."

Ship shudder again. Poroka hear guns fire.

"Regardless of ascension, we will continue to fire upon the Inferno until an alternative command is given."

Poroka smile at good news. "Good job. Don't stop, please."

OOC: The Wombat is matching the Inferno's pace and flying up to avoid being pulled along by the harpoon. While flying alongside the Inferno, it will continue to fire shots into the bigger ship. @Onaku @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 5

As Marrow spoke, Drukarus stopped and turned on his heels, facing the skakdi. "Mmmmm, so it would seem...Well then Marrow, what do you intend to do about it." As Drukarus spoke, he unslung his maul and firmly planted its head onto the hard igneous rock beneath his feet, flexing his grip upon the handle as he prepared to increase the gravity around himself by three times the norm if Marrow attempted anything at all.

As Drukarus focused his gaze upon the skakdi, a shimmering glint of dominance came from his gaze as Drukarus hoped to impose his will onto Marrow. Even if Marrow lacked any eyes, the unsettling sense of his dominance that Drukarus projected into Marrow's psyche could be enough to dissuade him from attempting to turn upon him.

A low growl rumbled from Marrow's throat and his frills bristled as Drukarus' power battled with the Mesi's hardened psyche. Though he didn't entirely comprehend what was happening, he knew the things he felt were not his own, and tried to defy them as best he could. Was this power how Drukarus intended to win over the warskaks? Would such an ability work on an entire warband at once?

Ultimately, he realised there was little point in continuing the battle of wills. He stepped back, bowing his head slightly in acceptance. He wasn't going to fight this stranger over who had the right to deal with the warskaks. "I will follow, but not interfere," he finally said. "Until you fail, that is." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

"That'll do Marrow, that will do." Was all that Drukarus said as he tore his domineering gaze away from Marrow, the heavy presence upon the skakdi's mind receding away. Turning away from Marrow, Drukarus threw up his maul onto his shoulder, his metal claws clenching and unclenching as he strode away...May the head of this warskak be prepared for a real challenge.

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

"The world has changed so much since my time; there being new younger aspects, all these new creatures from the head, and the utter devastation and shift of the island's nature and beauty. What am I to do, it is too late to simply remove the problem, I need to fix it, and I do not have that kind of power..." 

As Apex's thoughts ran through her mind, her head and neck stretched upwards and arched its way towards the direction of the Fau Swamp, memories of ancient structures and ruins, secrets hidden deep within and home to dark, dark taboos surfaced from her deep sunken memories, as if a shadow had waned. "...But perhaps, there is a place where I can find the power I seek."

Stretching wide the silken webbing of her wings, Apex rose from her spot and turned her way towards the Fau Swamp, leaving the Fire Ruins behind her as she flew away from whatever trouble is about to occur there.

OOC: Open for Interaction

• Like 1

IC: Taja | The New Archives

"Of course."

Taja accepted the water-skin with a grateful smile. The water was cool and refreshing, even though its container had imparted a slightly musty taste. She passed the water-skin to Iradra, fairly certain that Whisper didn't need any.

The low voices of the other villagers rustled around them. Snatches of overheard conversations suggested that everyone was thinking about the League's attack. How could they not? Once again, Taja found herself feeling guilty for staying here in the cave while other, more capable Toa risked their lives. She wondered what was going on outside. No battle-sounds had yet reached them; had the fighting even started yet? Had the League wiped out their defenses with ease? Were they even now advancing on the caves, ready to finish off the Matoran once and for all?

Taja shook her head clear of these oppressive thoughts. There was no point in being pessimistic. If it came down to it, she would fight with whatever power she had, even if it only bought a few more seconds. But until then, she would remain hopeful.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Onaku @Vezok's Friend

OOC: mobile

IC: Whisper - Refugee Cave 

She sat, curled on the floor of the cave, unsure of how to respond to Nixie's words. Whisper had never been thanked for anything before, and she hadn't expected to receive gratitude for something so menial. 

What she struggled to understand even more was the reason why all of these beings were hiding. She'd seen similar behaviour with packs of rahi - the young, injured and infirm holing up while the more fit members of the pack protected them - but how could an entire civilisation be so weak, so powerless, so incapable of protecting itself? She was beginning to wonder if the warskaks weren't the better option to ally herself with after all. 

But she was here now. Her choice was made. Perhaps when the fighting was finished these feeble beings would be more open to the powers she was offering. 

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

Feeling the unpleasant power recede, Marrow took a moment to compose himself, then trailed after the larger skakdi. 

Letting someone with actual eyeballs take the lead wasn't such a bad option, he supposed. And having another skakdi he could combine powers with when Drukarus' attempt to control the warband inevitably backfired wasn't objectionable either. 

With - Uraborask

As Uraborask drove the truck into the cube, he gave a glowering look at the skakdi by the entrance before parking it in the space that Cravious was in. 

Clash glowered back, happy to see another decent Skakdi such as himself who truly valued a good glower greeting.

Getting out of the truck, Uraborask turned towards Cravious and said to the busy skak, "So, what should I expect by tomorrow morning and do you need me?"

Cravious looked up from the two metallic discs in his hands. He had been considering which one was easier to recreate and hence a viable object to be thrown at his lazy, greedy little assistant mechanic who had just been giving him lip about how the mechanic couldn’t be as fast as Cravious because of Cravious’ unique trait.

Expect a vehicle properly certified for swamp traversal,” Cravious snorted at his joke, “I’ll see what I can do. No promises except for this one: this vehicle will leave here in far better condition than when it came. My pride in being one of the best mechanics on Zakaz allows no less.

As for yourself, do whatever you want. Stay and watch or leave. I don’t think I’ll be needing you.” Cravious made a brushing away motion with one of his hands, dismissing Uraborask. He grabbed a box hanging from a cable and hit the green button. A lift slowly caused the truck to rise into the air. Cravious grinned savagely, or normally for a Skakdi. This is where the fun begins. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green (Currently a Matoran) - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Fau Swamp Marshes (9, 12), in the past

Escape!

The warmth of the day filtered through the glass encasing Viltia’s greenhouse. It filled her space to the brim with deep shadows and a happy glow. It played upon green blades and soaked the building with it’s radiance. Water slowly dripped from recently hydrated leaves. A certain musk hung in the air, but Viltia had happily become accustomed to the humidity of the place once she had moved in. To her it was a warm embrace of friendship that offered her the chance to do what she loved.

Vivid leaves and colorful flowers were scattered around, tastefully placed where they would most showcase their own beauty. Various pollinating bugs flew from flower to flower, filling the air with small, happy buzzes that she appreciated. In between it all sat the more mundane plant life. The food and the plants grown for other supplies. But it was the flowers that gave this greenhouse its joy and vibrance. What gave Viltia her smile.

A noise. Tapping on metal. Viltia, repotting a plant, looked up, smiling. Who was it now? One of her friends with some juicy yet idle gossip? Someone stood outside, blurred by the smoked glass and the lateral supporting struts. The sun made the being stand in stark contrast to the rest of the world. The being appeared as a deep shadow in the midst of the light.

Who is that?

The thought rose in her mind, distracting her from her joy. Fingers still gripping the pot, she noticed she was thirsty. Like, really thirsty. I haven’t been working that long, she thought, confused, Why am I so thirsty?

She looked down at her hands in a daze. The plant was gone. The pot was gone. Even the dirt on her hands was gone. She blinked, her optics momentarily covered by the cleaning mechanism pre-built into all Matoran. Vilta looked up, her body starting to grow weaker as realization set in. The greenhouse struts were actually bars. The unknown figure now Rancor, the Skakdi of Air in control of the most horrible years of her life.

He grinned devilishly at the caged Matoran, “Having fun in there, scum? Don’t worry,” he rapped on the bars, his rancid breath reaching the Matoran huddled next to Viltia, “We’re almost at our new home. I can’t wait to see what you build for us!” He chuckled, and it turned into a cruel laugh as he stood up and walked back to the rest of his crew. He ignored the Ta-Matoran attending to him and very intentionally yet seemingly inadvertently knocked the Matoran to the ground as he turned and left. The Ta-Matoran groaned in pain, yet rose and hastened to return to Rancor’s side, his disobedience stamped out long ago.

Through the bars, Viltia watched her fellow Matoran that were let out to serve the Skakdi in this temporary camp of theirs. The Matoran fed and cleaned and fixed and knew not to resist when beaten. Viltia, too, had learned how to act. How to blend in and not be noticed. To be simply a cog in a greater whole so as to avoid any greater punishment.

She turned to a nearby separate prison. In it sat a maskless Toa of Water, Serene. She was the only Toa left from Viltia’s home village. All the others had risen up and tried to break free. So many of her friends had died in each attempt. It just wasn’t worth it anymore. And yet, how could she go on much longer if things only stayed the same? Even this new island didn’t promise any drastic change.

Rumors were that they had scouted out a choice new home half a day’s walk from where they currently were on the eastern side of the island. Then it was months of work creating a fortress an earth and stone Skakdi could build in a day. It would be hard, endless work. Viltia supposed she should be grateful for the almost full week of rest inadvertently given her and her fellow villagers.

Turning her head slowly and haltingly due to long term fatigue, Viltia took to doing what she had done since she could remember, counting the Matoran and Toa that were left. Only 37 now, including her. How few remained. Most of her friends had disappeared years ago. All that was left to the Matoran now was the comradery of shared labor.

Green caught her eye and she remembered once more her greenhouse and cataloging all the plants she could find and the insects that benefited them. It seemed a marsh sat mere yards from them. The tall grass was enticing her with its slender beauty as it played in a small breeze, like emerald ribbons poking through the earth so they could dance with the sky. A shadow seemed to move in the grass, but when she looked, nothing was there. In the distance she noticed she could even hear the buzzing of numerous bugs, although they were unlike any she had heard in her greenhouse and gardens.

The buzzing continued to grow louder. Then the Skakdi were shouting. Viltia turned, some energy momentarily regained due to the mystery that was unfolding. A cloud of dust from the north filled the air and then suddenly a gale of wind shook and rattled the cages. Darkness fell suddenly and rain started to pour, the sky filling with dark broiling clouds and several flashes of lighting.

Thunder suddenly boomed and continued to boom as the lightning began to strike all the metal it could find. A brilliant light blinded Viltia and suddenly she was tumbling, striking other Matoran and the cage itself before becoming weightless. She hung in the air for an unknown amount of time, not aware of her speed. Her optics still trying to recover from the sudden intensity and her audio receptors buzzing. She hit water, but it didn’t give and she was tossed into deep mud.

She lay there, tuned out to the outside world. Her mind raced, panicked, yet her limbs wouldn’t respond. In the general haze of existence, she wasn’t sure if or how many times she fell unconscious. What had happened? No natural lightning could have flung her like that.

Rain continued to pour and the sun, which just earlier had been about to dip below the giant head, did so, taking its light with it. And so, when her optics had corrected the small amount of damage at seeing something so bright so close, Viltia was blind in another way. She blinked, her eyelids wiping clean her optic’s lenses. No, not blind. There was still enough light to see her immediate surroundings.

She was laying on the bank of a large pond surrounded by reeds and long grass. She had landed in and crushed some flat mushrooms. Her affinity to the Green kicked in along with years studying flora and she knew they were edible, not poisonous. And so for the first time in years, she absorbed a full meal through her hands, packing in as much energy as she could.

She pried herself from the muck of mud, now covered in it, and dunked her head in the muddy pond, not caring about the purity of the water. To her in that moment, it was the best tasting water she had ever drank. She drank and drank until she felt like throwing it all back up, finally forcing herself to stop.

Flexing her hands and moving her arms, she laughed. Deep and full and snorting at the end. Her body had never felt better. Then she tried to walk through the muck again and her aches and pains returned. She had energy, but she wasn’t healed.

As she tried to leave the pond’s shore, all she did was get herself more stuck in the mud. It was deep and pulled her in the more she tried to leave. Viltia started to panic as another bolt of lightning arced through the sky, landing close by. She barely heard a Skakdi cry out in pain over the surging wind and pouring rain.

Okay, what could she do? She was stuck up to her arms in mud, immobilized. Moving about her feet, Viltia felt a rock buried in the mud. She tried to push off of it in haste, slipping up to her neck now when she didn’t get good footing.

She panicked once more, eyes wild as she knew death was imminent. When no Skakdi came to beat her for her mistake, she calmed. She was free. She was going to remain free.

Viltia push/swimmed closer to this hidden rock, finding good footholds on it. Slowly she climbed atop it, gradually exiting the muck and mire. Standing upon the rock, the mud was only up to her knees, as it had been before she had jumped into the water to drink.

A gout of flame lit the ground and was swept away by the fierce gale. Large, pelting raindrops added a sheen and shine to everything every time lightning flashed. Viltia’s hearing was coming back now and everything was as chaotic as what she had been through so far.

It was hard to tell over the wind and rain, but it sounded like perhaps the Skakdi were fighting someone or several someones. Elemental powers being called upon in tandem racked the earth past the now flattened tall grass she had been flung past. Skakdi outlined by the light from the lightning rushed about as they fought or fled.

Testing the suction of the mud, Viltia managed to lift both feet out of the muck. Arms swinging to build momentum, Viltia jumped from her rock and onto more sturdy ground. She thought she saw a shadow dart to her right, but everything was moving in the wind, pinned to the ground at weird angles in the darkness of the storm and the low visibility of the whipping rain.

Then she was pushed to the ground. She grunted in pain and desperately sought who had pushed her. It was one of her captors, not even glancing back as he ran away from the battle raging behind her. Viltia shakily got to her feet after he didn’t come back to capture her. What was happening back there?

All she knew was that she was free, and she needed to stay free. Then an unwanted thought entered her mind. Her fellow Matoran. She... she felt compelled to help them. It was only right. Her body shook at the conflicting thought. If she went back to check for her fellow villagers, she easily could be captured again. And that would be it, she couldn’t take any more, not now. Not after having tasted freedom again.

But, she could help her friends. It’s what a Toa would do. Unity, Duty, Destiny. It’s what held the universe together.

Lightning flashed once more and Viltia saw a darker patch of shadow off to her left. It loomed closer as it trekked through the marsh. She should hide, or run, or… or… Her body froze.

The graceful tall blue form of Serene walked through the reeds and rain, carrying a Matoran. Viltia fell to her knees, relieved and yet stressed. That could have been it. She almost died from her fear and inability to move.

A caring hand touched her shoulder. A gentle voice called her name, loud enough to be heard over the gale, “Viltia. We need to move!” Viltia numbly nodded, only now noticing the Toa of Water had a significant limp. Viltia looked up to her face, “Serene, you…” The Toa still bore no Kanohi. How was she finding the strength to move, let alone carry a Matoran?

I’m fine,” Serene waved off Viltia’s concerns, continuing to shout to be heard, “We need to go. Most of our brethren escaped into the marshes. We must follow before night sets in.

Viltia nodded once more. Who was Serene carrying? She couldn’t tell. Too much mud. The Toa of Water turned and walked, pushed by the wind. Viltia tried to follow close behind, but her shorter legs were more prone to sticking in the mud and she fell behind. Lightning revealed massive trees off to the south and southwest. Maybe they could all hide there. That was the direction Serene had been heading. In that case it was probably the Matoran’s safest bet at survival.

Trudging on for several tiring minutes, Viltia gasped as suddenly the rain, wind, and lightning stopped in an instant. Now she could hear screams and yells and jeers. All around her the marshes were alive with noise. Rahi yelled in complaint, Skakdi swore, other things could be heard moving about in haste in the midst of the muck and mess left behind from all the rain.

Viltia halted, freezing in place, her left foot slowly sinking into a shallow splotch of mud. Dare she continue? Angry snarls came from behind her and there was a sound of laser vision. A very Matoran voice cried out in pain. Harsh chuckles came in response before another blast of laser vision silenced the Matoran. Then the rustling of a group of beings started up where the noises had been. It clicked in her mind that everyone was running away from the sound of the attacking group. Even that Skakdi earlier had paid her no mind. She shouldn’t stay still a moment longer.

Rushing through the marshes heedlessly for several more minutes, Viltia felt her lungs constricting. This forced her to stop. The safety of the trees was much closer, but it was now almost completely night and the moon had yet to rise, making sight questionable at best.

That’s when she saw the Muaka.

No, not a Muaka exactly; it was too small. But it sure looked like a small Muaka. It paid her no mind, using its forward paws to clean itself using water from a nearby pond. There were several gross nodules pulsating and glowing a deep orange then bright yellow along its back. Viltia noticed its teeth glowed the same color.

She was so taken by its sudden appearance that she didn’t even notice the Matoran who stumbled from the nearby reeds and grass, so covered in mud that his element couldn’t be determined. Apparently he didn’t notice her either as his eyes fixed upon the cat. “Awww,” he said, his weak voice belaying his long lack of nutrition, “That’s adorable.” He stumbled forward to get a closer look, his left hand over an supposed wound on his chest.

It was only then that Viltia noticed him. At first she was shocked by his sudden arrival, but then relieved when she saw it was a fellow Matoran. The cat ignored the approaching Matoran, continuing to clean. The Matoran got a few feet away, arm outstretched to pet the medium sized Rahi.

That was when the cat’s nodules drained of color and it sprung while roaring, wrapping its jaws around the Matoran’s neck and propelling them both into the nearby pond. Viltia screamed, shocked by the sudden action. She rushed to the water’s edge, her earlier endeavors causing her to be wary of the mud. There was so much thrashing that she didn’t know where to start helping. But her inaction could cost her fellow Matoran his life. She stepped into the waters edge when suddenly all became calm, no more bubbles rising to the top of the murky pond that was full of old vehicle parts.

Viltia froze. That wasn’t good. A name clicked into her mind: Shallows Cat. But... but they shouldn’t be this far inland. Viltia thought of the glowing nodules on its back. Well, it wasn’t supposed to have those either. And it was no cat, it was a panther. Cousin to the Muaka and just as deadly.

The shallows cat’s head rose above the water, jaws wrapped around a disembodied arm. Viltia screamed again and exited the pond, running as fast as she could. All thoughts of helping the Matoran were gone. That Matoran was gone.

Reeds smacked her in the face and she stumbled through many small ponds, heedless of anything except avoiding the shallows cat. However, fatigue caught up with her again and she was forced to stop once more to shakily catch her breath. Had it followed her? Was she to die too?

Several roars, shrieks, and splashing filled the marshes, but nothing came for her. Yet. It was so dark now that she couldn’t have seen the Rahi even if it had been on top of her. Anything could be lurking in the gloom of night. Back where she had been before torchlight could be seen and lightstone flashlights cut through the darkness. Whoever had attacked her captors was still searching, following close.

But she couldn’t go on. She was so tired. Her organic protodermis muscles had atrophied long ago from the servile work she was assigned. At that moment, she almost wished that she had been one of the builders.

Still, the fear of death was a powerful thing, and so Viltia turned and trudged on through the dark, hearing several battles erupt around her. She knew not what caused them, whether Rahi or the ever approaching aggressors, but she knew if she stopped, she was dead.

Hours passed as her consciousness grew dim. Life was simply movement. One foot and then the next. She lost track of time. She lost track of herself. She lost track of the world.

The sky began to brighten when Viltia realized she was just standing in place. The jungle trees were much closer, but she had thought she would have reached them by now. Truly they must be much larger than she had earlier estimated.

This thought was the only thing to pass through her mind as she lost her balance and fell backwards. She sunk slightly into the mud, her legs in a large pond and her top half obscured by tall grass and some more of those large flat brimmed brown mushrooms.

Her concerns drifted from her mind as her mind itself drifted, lost to the floaty and comforting friend that was unconsciousness.

And so she quieted as the marshes awoke. They went about their day like any other, taking no mind to the many intruders they currently held. If the intruders wanted to risk wandering in them and angering them, then they would show how dangerous they could be.

But at least one Matoran remained safe, slowly regaining strength for the continued hardships ahead.

OOC: Part 1 of 5. Please keep in mind this takes place in a nebulous "past" and I ask that no one tries to interact with her until she enters Le-Metru Nuva. Thank you.

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Nui Coliseum with Stannis

As they progressed, the floor they walked through had dim flickering lights. The service corridors were still returning to full operational status, and small breakages in the walls signaled ongoing issues repairing the building. The corridors were high vaulted, even in the service passages. Tag art littered the grey and white protodermis walls. Broken glass littered the floor, crunching underfoot.

As they progressed further, the four vigilantes noticed a strange change. Banners bearing the crests of the barraki hung in the hallway. Strangely, only Ehlek and Pridak were featured. 

Before long Stannis reached the doorway he sought: a matoran sized entrance with a touchpad lock leading into the office once belonging to Turaga Dume. Stannis knew Dume once kept a bookcase on the other side to hide this escape route.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @Toru Nui, @Snelly, @Tarn

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Ice

“They left behind what they learned, or gathered the hidden teachings they needed to perform  things taboo to those who follow the Krom. They had many ways of hiding their secrets among the teachings of the faith. Not that I would disclose such secrets. They are against the Krom."

Korruhn continued to inspect the lantern, holding it aloft and moving it from side to side. He felt called not to the lantern itself, but the shadows banished by its light in the room where they solved the puzzle.

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @Nato the Traveler, @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Well...he’s a local. Bit rough around the edges. Speaking of edges he’s got a big cube docked at the Rig. Can’t miss it. I’d go visit him and get a tune-up first before you set up in your grilling contraption or whatever it’s called.”

IC [Nixie]:

Whisper’s musings were interrupted by the Matoran, who kept looking at her, curious, but uncertain how to address this strange being. Eventually, she decided just being straightforward would probably be best. 

“You said you’re called Whisper, right? And you’re a native of this island?” Nixie started. “Do you happen to know anything about astronomy or the constellations and stars you can see from here at night?”

Maybe a local would be able to tell her more. She wasn’t expecting a lot of detail, but maybe some local names for constellations, things she could cross reference as they learned more of this land...

1 hour ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Nixie]:

“You said you’re called Whisper, right? And you’re a native of this island?” Nixie started. “Do you happen to know anything about astronomy or the constellations and stars you can see from here at night?”

IC: Whisper - Cave

"The stars?" The question baffled her for a moment. What did a few unreachable lights in the distant night matter? It took a second for her mind to reconnect the fact that these beings had fallen from the sky; perhaps they had once lived among the stars. "I am... sorry... I don't know much. 

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Sala (Metru-Koro)

Suited up within Second Skin, Sala made his way back through the streets of Metru-Koro, now barren of any citizens. Which each loping stride, Sala made his way ever closer to the garrison, till he finally arrived back there, Sorilax standing outside the garrison with Juno on the other side of the open area outside the garrison. "Sorilax! I'm back, what's happening?"

IC: Uraborask (The Cube)

Uraborask simply shrugged at the words of the skakdi mechanic, he honestly preferred not having to deal with this skakdi any longer and so left the odd cube-shaped vehicle as he made his way back home. Making his way outside the front door of his house, Uraborask turned and readjusted one of the skakdi skull and spine on a post, the sign "BEGGAR" hanging beneath it, before he walked back in. Walking into his shack, Uraborask was greeted by Skrillix, has he planted himself onto his couch and turned on the crude radio that he got from a roaming trader. 

Turning on the radio, Uraborask was first assaulted by the harsh barking of skakdi propaganda concerning the great skakdi, Boss. Although Uraborask didn't care to know much about other skakdi, even he couldn't escape the praise and magnitude of Nektann, and although he didn't care to serve the skakdi, he did have to give his begrudging respects. Shifting the dials on the radio, Uraborask found a local music station coming from the Rig, one of the few good things that comes from it. Listening to the music, Uraborask was lured to sleep has he laid upon his couch with Skrillix curled up besides him.

IC: Gore Fury (McGrokk's Shop)

"Hrmm, Cravious, thanks for the suggestion friend. So uhm, if that is all you have to offer then, I better get going shouldn't I? It's been real fun chatting with you and who knows, maybe the next time we see each other I'll have a whole thing set up for myself. Well, good day Mr. McGrokk."

And as Gore said this, he stood up from his spot at the table, making his way towards the door, stopping briefly to hear if McGrokk has anything else to say.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC Stannis | Coliseum

Lord Pridak was not in session... yet. Stannis took pleasure in the fact that the former office, turned throne room, was vacant, and slowly led each of the other three to places and hidden alcoves ringing the office. Rose he took to a place where the wall was weaker so she could blast through, Skyra was placed near her gal pal, and Waveahk was slipped into a ventilation shaft that would spit him out right over the throne itself. Unusually for the former Steltian, though, the old toa bade him something before stepping away.

"I'm sorry I almost had you killed," he said. It was a sincere apology—even Waveahk could tell that—though it sounded oddly placed. It quickly dawned on the perceptive ex-Hunter that much of what Stannis had been doing and saying hinted at a sense of resignation, as if he had no anticipation of surviving this battle and suffered himself to dispense of what knowledge and regrets he had that were relevant to those few people he would fight with. 

The bookshelf door Stannis saved for himself and his own grand entrance. He looked at the keypad, eyed it closely, and tried to scry for its code. It was some number dear to Dume, as all the old man's passcodes were and he was at least savvy enough to change the passcodes to his secret doorways. The old man buried his hands in the deep pockets sewn in his great cloak as if digging them would somehow reveal the code. He knew this code, but... of all the times his memory would give out (again) did it have to be then? At least Pridak was not in yet.

@Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator 

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"I don't know. But are you at least somewhat interested in what other secrets this shrine holds?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui! It's safe to come out now. I protecc! :biggrin:"

@Onaku

IC Yumiwak | Wastes, somewhere

I skillfully set the Panda down on the sandy plateau, but the warlord I hunted remained still, almost as if she were sleeping. I looked at her through the telescūpe to make sure. Yeah, she was sleeping. Alright then, maybe this will be easier than I thought, I figured. 

The cannon of the Panda was aimed at the ground around the titillating sleeping warlord. In my hands I carried a set of manacles and a length of chain, but ahead of me were my clanmembers Zai, Korio, and Ysocla, each of whom wanted to be among the first to encounter my most exquisite quarry. We approached, and yet still the big, gorgeous warlord did not move. My hand grazed the pommel of my gun; it creaked in in leather holster as I toyed with it in anticipation. 

I stretched my hand out to Zai. She took my hand without a moment's hesitation. As our focuses combined I shot my psionic power into the mind of the dreaming warrior. I would try and rouse her to her senses again, and more importantly to make the first thought she had before waking be of my face.

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Yeah, I suppose so," a part of her remained tantalised by the prospect of laying claim to whatever 'boon' waited within the final chamber, though she knew it was all but certain the Toa would take it for themselves. Still, if they weren't content to let her strike off on her own, she didn't have much choice but to help them. 

"I actually had some thoughts about that," she added, "I saw the Great Disk of Ice get destroyed, but I think I know how we could make a new one." 

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Ollem did not speak for a time, and for a moment Mahrika wondered if she had only imagined she had spoken. She only had Vokarda for company over the last few millennia, talking had always been a one-sided thing. 

Finally he spoke, “the Skakdi back home, they were scoundrels, warlords, brutes. But they were not the ones who almost wiped out the Matoran. That was the League. Some Skakdi were in it but,” he hesitated, “you are a Matoran of Water right? Guess you can’t tell if that canteen is poisonous?

I cannot,” she admitted, “but I … he left, why would he leave if he was going to poison us? And if he’s hiding nearby, used an illusion to trick us, why bother poisoning us? And he, he is from the head, yes?

I think so. Why did he let us go, just to mess with us?

”[color=blue]I am not the smartest Matoran, but, before the Skakdi came, we knew of another race besides us. Trickster spirits. Our Turaga told us they would trick us, manipulate us, corrupt us. But the only one I ever saw, came to me on the worst day of my life, and saved my beloved. And they have never spoken to me since. Maybe, maybe if an Aspect can be good, maybe some Skakdi, from your universe, can be different.[/color]

It’s not like the Toa are as perfect as the stories say,” muttered Ollem.

Mahrika nodded and then looked away, “sorry. I, well you can see I took the boots from the Suva. I thought I could use them to fight back, maybe freeze the ground and skate on it to get momentum, before kicking with that force. The great mask is yours if you want it. I know you can’t use it, but a Great Kanohi is valuable, maybe you could trade it to someone? Like give a Toa it in exchange for a powerless mask and some tools?

Maybe,” he answered. Ollem hesitated, and then focused to exchange his powerless mask with the Great Kakama.

As the Onu-Matoran traded his mask, Mahrika threw her disk, freezing the ground. With a shove she slid on to it, trying to skate on her boots. Very quickly she slipped, smacking on her back. She grunted, before shoving herself back up, and attempting to skate again. She needed to practice, if she was going to use this technique. 

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator 

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

Dark had been her dreams of late. 

As it turned out, taking out an entire hunting party of whatever these Skakdi-like creatures were was hard work, even for a warlord. And it had left its mark. Her side still throbbed, where one of their crude weapons had found purchase. Worn out from her brawl with Kalmah, disoriented and tired, one of the eyeless ones had managed to hit her with a lucky strike and pierced her flesh. They didn’t live long enough to realize the damage they’d done. But it was done all the same and after disposing of the last of her pursuers, she’d found this rock to crawl under and patch herself up, before succumbing to a mighty need for rest. The risk of passing asleep in such a hostile place be .

But unconsciousness had not provided any respite from the blind Skakdi - quite the opposite. In her sleep, they continued to hunt her. And she kept fighting them off, moving through twisting, endless canyons generated in nightmares, under a dark sky. Worse, her dreamscape was ravaged by shadows moving in the gloom. Their shrieks echoed off the obsidian walls. They were hauntingly close, yet elusive, melding into the fog surrounding her mind whenever she tried to get one in her grasp. Something sinister was at work here, she could feel it. And then the ground shook and broke open. Black dust and debris clouded her vision, but she could still sense the massive thing rise in front of her from below. She had to lean back to see it fully. But just as she did, it’s form burst into smoke - smoke that formed a visage: sinister and self assured, grinning smugly. And then she suddenly was yanked awake.

Her eyes were piercing, electric blue staring right back at the face she had just seen in her dreams. 

“And what do you think you’re doing?”

The words were as much spoken as feeding back through the forced mental link, echoing in the Skakdi's mind. The warlord had already picked up on her little trick. And then, Yumi realized, as Zataka sat up to face the Skakdi, swinging her long legs off the slab of rock: Her pants were the coolest pair she’d ever laid eyes on.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC: Korio Karasha - Wastes

The Vo-Skakdi flipped up his goggles and pulled out his beloved crossbow upon his feet making contact with the ground, nocking an explosive-tipped arrow--after all, this was a special occasion. Of course, he wouldn't fire without clearance from Miss Yumi. This mark was special, he thought, and Kor had an inkling she wouldn't quite appreciate him attempting to blow them up. "Lady" would still stay trained on the large warrior as he slowly approached, just in case. As Zataka sat up, Korio suddenly paused and stiffened, lowering his crossbow only slightly as he grinned at the warrior.

Cool pants.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), Western Garrison

With - Sala

The world grew dark, and as night had started to fall the Matoran had left their homes for some unseen shelter. Their haste in the action left Sorilax even more impatient for Sala to return safely. His internal dialogue with himself continued as he pondered whether he should stay and help, or leave to ensure Le-Metru Nuva’s survival.

In his musings, Sorilax turned and there was Sala in Second Skin! Appearing out of nowhere as he hadn’t been paying to what he was even worrying about. Jolly good! He’s safe.

"Sorilax! I'm back, what's happening?"

What was happening? Sorilax turned to the western garrison as it sat ready to defend its home, the Matoran within it not having the luxury of going someplace safe. But whatever had caused the warning horn to be blown hadn’t arrived yet. “I rightly don’t know, old chap.

He turned back to the village and to Sala, “It seems all the citizens have evacuated somewhere, though I don’t know why. As of yet, no attack seems to have happened. We could be surrounded and under siege. Or maybe the enemy has brought those airships you talked about and we are under threat of bombing.

The real question, however,” Sorilax looked at the optics of Second Skin, “Is do you think we should stay and offer whatever help we can, or should we seek to traverse as far from here as possible and return whence we came? Le-Metru Nuva needs us and the knowledge I have to keep them alive, especially if this village here is destroyed. But…

Sorilax turned back to the garrison and all the Matoran ready to lay down their lives to protect their brothers and sisters, “How can we leave them? If they need us and they die, it will be our fault… But then would we be condemning Le-Metru Nuva to death if we die as well?

Frustrated, Sorilax gazed at Sala, desperately in need of advice. What was the right thing to do?

With - (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

Cravious took no notice of Uraborask leaving. His hands hungrily dismantled the truck. The challenge of making a decent vehicle out of this piece of junk solely filling his mind. He undid a nut, pulled out a large screw, then attempted to remove the left door. It refused.

Being full of patience of forgiveness, Cravious punched it several times in annoyance, the last punch warping the metal back into place. The door easily came loose after that. Another win for violence.

The doors came off; the wheels came off. Bolts, nuts, screws, the occasional nail, even several knobs were removed and thrown haphazardly around the workshop floor.

Voracious occasionally yelled at him when a piece of Uraborask’s truck struck him or the ACR he was repairing. Somehow suddenly pieces of said ACR started appearing in Cravious’ workspace for some unknowable reason. Their sudden appearance was a mystery so surrounded in secrecy that it would probably have taken nine of the best Skakdi detectives to figure it out. The idiots.

Cravious pulled free the front fender.

Skakdi detectives were the worst. Every time one came for him for his “questionable business practices”, all he had to do was pay them off. Okay he beat most of them up, but still, they were the worst at their jobs. How they were able to buy food was beyond him. And where did they come from? If you just casually looked around, you could easily say the Skakdi were too dumb and unorganized to have something like detectives.

But then as soon as someone with money needed something detected, boom! They all appeared like they were bounty hunters ready to grab the newest bounty. Cravious had a running theory that all mercenaries had a side job as a detective, but he had yet to pin down any leads. Perhaps he should sleuth it out?

His stomach churned. Was that how easily it happened? Was being a detective some type of disease that suddenly came upon you one day? That might explain why Skakdi detectives were so bad at their own jobs. They didn’t choose to become detectives.

The engine flared to life. Next he made sure the engine, brakes, exhaust, etc. were all functioning properly and noting what sounded wrong or looked off. Cravious then lifted the engine block using a special chain attached to the ceiling, getting ready to take it apart, check to make sure nothing was broken inside, clean it, then reassemble it.

And why were they always trying to be suave and brooding? Like, you’re a Skakdi, we all know how you’re going to solve the case, by punching it, blowing it up, or being paid off. There’s no need for pointless theatrics. We know you don’t care about the job, just the money, at least act like it.

Cravious chucked a piston as Voracious’ head.

And what was with the trench coats? All they did was hinder your movements. Cravious didn’t even like pants for that reason. Why need pockets when you can just create a giant cube that can hold all your stuff for you? But no, they had to have the trench coats. Cravious had been told once that it enhanced their “detective skills”. Well first they needed to actually have skills of any kind.

Cravious felt a cool sea breeze that brought with it the stench of the Rig outside. He pried a tire from its rim, grabbing a rag to clean the inside of the rim before he would then grab some mudding tires to put on.

Yeah Skakdi detectives stunk more than the Rig itself. The Skakdi figuratively, the Rig literally. Cravious chuckled to himself. There was actually one detective on his case right now. Well, he had been for a few years now. Every time he came up to Cravious, Cravious would act like he was somebody else. The detective would apologize by swearing, hitting Cravious or Clash with his impact vision in anger, then leaving in a huff. The Skakdi didn’t even realize that Cravious had been in the Cube each time. How hadn’t he pieced it together yet?

Now that detective showing up was its own ritual that Cravious quite looked forward to. He would be sad when the detective finally gave up. They were fun times. Cravious was thinking next time he would pretend to be the detective himself and see where that went.

Cravious went to grab a brake line. It disintegrated in his hand. A gear for the activation mechanism of an elemental dampener hit him on the shoulder. Cravious glanced at Voracious who was looking away. Yeah the nine best Skakdi detectives would be thoroughly stumped.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Messed up a few words. =(

IC: Zsann, the van - at least, physically

Something was... off, Zsann decided as she glanced at her hands. Even though all claws were there, as far as she could tell. Counting them? No need to.
Silly Skakdi, counting is for people smarter than you.

She turned her attention to the matoran sitting on the other side of the desk who had been outlining her mission while she had been drifting off. Another contract, another obstacle to remove.

Because that was all they had ever seen in her. Fists for hire. The potential for aggression. Reliable. Silent. Someone to carry out their violence for them. Someone to do their dirty work so they could wash their hands in the illusion of innocence.

"She's too soft. Too quiet. Are you sure she's yours?"

Her face hurt. Scar must have split open again. She reached up, reached inside. Pulled out a sword. Just kept on pulling. It never ended.

As this was getting nowhere, Zsann just stopped pulling at it and instead, grabbed the crossbow that was inexplicably there. She got up from the comically small chair she had been sitting on, and the world spun into a blur, coming to rest with her facing the person she had been hired to get rid of.

Except it was not a person.

Just a mirror.
Showing a younger self.

"She does not belong here."

--

From here on, the dream shattered into a billion pieces that Zsann just seemed to drift through one after another, or maybe all at once, in a very restless sleep.

The Skakdi had curled up as much as the crammed space (and seatbelt) would allow, somehow fitting her feet between the seat and the dashboard. The occasional murmur would probably give away that wherever her mind was dwelling at this point, might not be the happiest place.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl

• Like 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator hopefully using the artifact like this is okay.

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika stumbled and sweated along the ice as she skated, trying to practice. Her body was off balance, her long arms and stubby feet were not the stuff grace was made of. But still she tried, it was all she could do.

But despite her inexperience she still was learning. Maybe it was Vokarda, or maybe it was Mahrika herself, but she fell less often, and was beginning to learn how to steer. It was clumsy and awkward, a lot of flapping arms, but she was improving.

The ice below her was starting to melt under the desert sun, so she broke for the Kanoka. She reached out her hand, only to stumble and kick the disk as she fell. The Kanoka went flying, smacking into the ground fifteen bios away, freezing it up. The Ga-Matoran winced as she dragged herself upright, before waddled towards the disk. As she moved she mumbled to herself, “I … I guess the boots work then.

As she grabbed the disk she paused. ”Tuakana?” She thought, reaching out to her Aspect once again, “I do not know if you still live or are too busy. But me and another Matoran have unlocked a Suva in the region of Stone. It has given me boots that let me do powerful kick. I … I hope if you still live, you are any closer to conquering death and time. If I can help, me and my new friend already solved one puzzle. So if you still live, let me know what you need me to do.

OOC: @Eyru Mahrika is reaching out, if you think she can help you advance in Stage, she is willing. And it’s not like she and Ollem have any current plans. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

As those who chose to proceed passed through the glowing portal into the next space, they felt the sweltering heat of the first room vanish to an uncomfortable chill. Despite the small nature of the portal, they beheld a massive complex strewn before them, dark and brooding. They stood within a massive unlit forge. Pipes ran along the walls, ceiling, and floor. The pipes connected four separate pillars of machinery to a central furnace in the middle of the room. Or it seemed like they should. But some pipes dangled in the air. Others stuck out awkwardly from the four pillars of machinery.

The Administrator spoke calmly as the assembled adventurers and aspects took in the scene;

“Rekindle the embers, and keep them stoked as long as needed.”

IC: Suva of Stone 

Accepting input of mask of mind control, origin Apprentice Smith Nuhrii, no recorded abilities.

Approving withdrawal of Mask of Speed, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of increased speed.

The glowing aura around Ollem’s face faded as his old mask, the one he wore for so long, disappeared to be replaced by a foreign shape.

no tags, mobile and on a rush.
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika threw her disk while she waited, freezing the ground before her. Might as well practice more. She began to skate towards it, still stumbling and swaying. With some strain she extended her arm, trying to grab the disk to throw it again. But she slipped, and smacked against the ice, sliding on her back. 

She heard a shout off in the distance. The Ga-Matoran glanced over to see Ollem calling out to her, but she couldn’t make at his words. “I can’t hear you,” she called back, even as she shoved against the frozen patch of desert to crawl back to the disk. Ollem groaned in frustration, and attempted to run to her.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator I doubt he can use the Kakama, but I figure it’s worth checking. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

”That’s better. Thank you,” Aurax said to the receptionist. He went and took a seat nearby, waiting for Pridak to return. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone,

Atamai began to head out of the temple. “Let’s head back,” he said. He looked back at Jutori as he went. “I think we can manage an overnight ride on the vehicles. Would anyone prefer to spend another night at the fort?”

IC, Whira: Ruins of Fire

Wishing to learn more from the temple, Whira followed Tuakana through the portal and found herself in a large cavern filled with pipes and machinery.

Edited by ~Xemnas~