Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

The pipe Enra pulled moved into place between the pillar to her left [4] and the one across the walkway [3]. It connected to two of the shorter pipes sticking out of the pillars with an audible click-snap, followed by a loud hiss as a valve somewhere in the machinery opened.

As this happened, Xane noticed a pressure gauge embedded in the pillar's side, which briefly shot into the red as the pipe pressurized, before the needle settled into a normal position. Next to the gauge was a switch that was in the lowest of four possible positions, indicated by marker notches next to each.

He also noticed there were more connecting bits of pipe sticking out of this pillar and the others: Each pillar had two pipes that pointed at the other pillars directly across from them, and one that curved immediately to point at the diagonally opposite pillar.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Eyru@Toru Nui

IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]

“And your very existence is in service of the oppressive structures that forced us to rise up in the first place. I did whatever needed doing for what started out as a just cause. Just like you did with those blind monsters earlier. So much death, just to get to me. Your moral ground is a sand castle in the tides. To be expected from machines who’s reasoning operates in a mere binary.” Takadox replied, taking the Vahki’s insult in stride and tossing one of his own back their way and never taking his eyes off of them. “But of course, you’re only doing this out of self preservation.” The warlord continued, smugly smirking at the Vahki squad mother. “Such an organic quality…”

“And no, none of you were hypnotized. That's a bit hard to do while on the run...” he answered Rangi’s question, while simultaneously leaning on those very powers some more, specifically targeting the Vahki’s companions. Mahryo and the others felt more of that compelling urge that was already tugging at them. 

Go on, leave. This no longer concerns you. Kindly go back where you came from.

OOC: @Burnmad@Sparticus147@Onaku@Snelly@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace

As Knichou fell, his adaptive armor switched into gear. In the heads up display built into the lenses of his kanohi, multiple interface elements appeared to aid in his descent, such as altitude, airspeed, g-force, and an icon indicative of his trajectory. The toa of iron spread his arms out wide to increase his drag as he looked out at the scene below him. From the illumination of each ship's gunfire and the smoldering damage on some ships, Knichou could quickly discern where each ship was. The largest enemy airship was tilting upwards and gaining altitude, with machine guns firing wildly at the underside of the Taku. Assuming Nale followed his orders, that's the ship she and the others would be boarding.

The other two vessels were visually similar, though with much different levels of damage. The ship that Katherine's blast had apparently hit was flying at full speed, shedding various parts and even a vahki crew member. As Knichou was deciding which of these two identical ships to board, fate answered for him as that ship suddenly began to dive straight towards the ground. Knowing his target would be the last airship, Knichou moved his limbs so the air rushing past him would flip him over. He saw a wide-eyed Tekmo falling closely behind him, and further above could see the other boarding party beginning their descent.

The ex-Ghost slightly activated his adaptive armor's thrusters to slow his fall just enough to catch up to Tekmo. Knichou reached out his arm, which Tekmo grabbed ahold of. Now that both passengers were holding on to him tightly, Knichou tucked his limbs closer together to speed up his descent and used his thrusters to alter his course to ensure they were headed straight for the Wombat. This airship was small, but it's long form made a perfect landing strip for a head-on approach.

When the group was getting rather close to the airship, Knichou suddenly used the thruster on his free arm to rotate himself upright again. The jets on his adaptive armor then blasted at full power, straining to fight the inertia of two falling Toa and a Matoran. Vulimai and Tekmo held on for dear life, the latter especially worried that his grip on Knichou's arm would be ripped from him by the sudden jerk. Within a few seconds, the group had slowed to a near-hover a few meters above the hull of the Wombat. Knichou fought hard to stabilize himself upright, given the weight of an entire Toa hanging on one of his arms threw off the entire balance of the group. While Knichou stabilized his hover, the Wombat rushed upwards to meet them.

Tekmo finally let go to drop the remaining few feet and land on the top of the Wombat, and then Knichou could finally lower his thrust and land into a crouched position. After Vulimai had disembarked his back, Knichou stood up and assessed the situation. The Wombat was not as heavily damaged as the other airships, but towards the rear of the hull there was a large panel clearly missing - probably due to damage from the previous battle with the traitorous ship. The hole in the hull was clearly visible as it leaked the artificial light from the inside of the ship out into the night sky. Knichou pointed at the glowing opening and shouted over the roaring winds to Tekmo and Vulimai.

"GO DOWN THROUGH THERE, I'LL CHECK OUT THE BRIDGE FROM OUT HERE!"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

"COPY THAT TOA!" Vulimai called out to Knichou over the rushing winds that flew past them as the three of them stood atop the Wombat. Following the toa Knichou's orders, Vulimai lead the way towards the missing panel, keeping in mind to wait on Tekmo to join her before she jumped into the depths of the airship.

As Vulimai waited on Tekmo, Vulimai looked out and surveyed the battle as it was, the light of plasma and fire illuminating the ships in flight. Looking towards Metru-Koro, Vulimai bore witness as the massive plasma bolts streaked through the air towards her home, the rounds blasting into the structures within. One of them she could trace through the air, as she saw it hit its final destination, the garrison. Tearing her eyes away, her gaze was turned upwards, ever-ascending into the black inky sky, was the remains of the Inferno, it's burning and melted helm lurching upwards in it's ascent.

"Jorak...I'll finish what you started..."

OOC: @BULiK @Toru Nui

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

"I know little of the details, only that these rituals have been used to raise monsters called Tahtorak in the past."

With the mention of the rahi, the tahtorak, Drukarus stopped in place and turned back towards Marrow, a brief hint of emotion appearing on his face since the two ever met, for upon Drukarus's face for the briefest of second was fear and worry. "We need to reach this Nightmare Pit...Now!" Continuing on his trek, now forgoing caution as much as he could to speed up their trip. "I know of the rahi you speak of...The Tahtorak...The bravest of skakdi from my homeland would ride these rahi into battle...They were also the most foolish of skakdi, for the Tahtorak would soon tear them apart alongside their enemies...If we are to succeed, then we must prevent this from occurring...For I doubt that even I could slay one and still be in capable shape afterwards."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Marrow - Irnakk's Tooth

"Whatever these creatures are that you speak of, they are nothing like the Tahtorak that emerge from the Pits," he laughed, "These beings are no rahi." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Druu and Amarth - The Wombat

As the two ex-League enforcers carefully approached the bridge, Druu's expression took on a grimace as the imposing form of Dar Poroka emerged from the doorway, along with one of his assigned Vahki. Druu's grimace twisted into a grin, and he promptly stopped, still a considerable gap between him and the large four armed brute. "Dar Poroka Toden Kakoda Gan. I am pleased to see you are unharmed."

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish 

950 bio...

"Cut thrust! Reduce the weights!"  

750 bio... 

The chute engine sputtered to a stop, as the Vahki severed the flow of pressurised protodermis. 

500 bio...

Creaks and crumpling sounds echoed through the ship as weight increase disks shifted away from the framework, steadily being replaced by the levitiation counterparts. 

"Level us out!" 

400 bio...

The harsh sound of metal snapping sent a thrill of fear straight to Zaliyah's heart. She could hear whatever had broken loose pinging wildly through the compartment above her. Loose equipment and shrapnel rattled around in the hold and engine section. She wasn't sure how much more punishment the ship could take. 

300 bio... 

Momentum and gravity continued to carry the ship forth, even as additional levitation disks were directed towards the top and front of the frame, gradually lifting the ship into a more level trajectory. It's descent continued to slow... but was it quickly enough? 

200 bio... 

Zaliyah's eyes darted back and forth from the altimeter to the sand below, her panic growing with each passing second. The reading was wrong. The ground looked much, much closer than that. 

100 bio... 

At last, the ship leveled out fully, Zaliyah's view transitioning from a wall of sheer sand to the walls of Metru-Koro, now only about half a kio away. Night stretched out behind it, silhouetted by the distant, craggy outline of the mountain beyond. With the pursuit seemingly over, Zaliyah exhaled slowly, taking a few moments to collect herself before she addressed the crew. 

"Bring us lower, twenty bio from the ground," she ordered. "Then send another unit to assist with repairs in the engine compartment. Douse any remaining flames, cut whatever lights we safely can, and drop any shrapnel and debris in the cargo hold - unsecured. After that, get those side vents working if you can, we're going to need maneuverability if we're engaged again." 

As the copilot moved to assist its battered companion, Zaliyah gave further instructions to the remaining pilot, "Get us back up to cruising speed and set a south-easterly course, keeping us about 500 bio from the village. We'll circle around and hit them from another direction." 

The Razorfish - now running dark - began to lurch forward once more, leaving the battle behind as it set forth to finish its mission...

Edited by Nato the Traveler
Edited to fix some maths mistakes that led to very bad altitude measurements.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 6/26/2020 at 12:53 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

Oh?” Zataka replied, a slightly bemused look in her eyes. She did stop, but not before taking one more, deliberate step towards the ship. The message that implied was clear. 

She could tell the Skakdi leader didn’t have an issue with her being on the boat itself, just how it happened. If they’d wanted her as a prisoner or dead they could have done that without waking her first. They could have tried to kidnap or kill her and loot her possessions. But they didn’t. They were clearly putting some sort of value on her - for a reason she wanted to discover, even if that meant risking having to walk the rest of the way to the crash site. And so Zataka decided to sidestep the verbal challenge entirely.

“You were so eager about finding me a minute ago, leaving on your ship seemed like a given, whether I wanted to or not. So, I decided to come willingly.” the warrior said, then shrugged slightly. “But, if you don’t want me aboard, then I shall be on my way.”

"She's playin' mindgames, right, Miss Yumi? I'm smarter than that," Korio said, bringing his crossbow up again and aiming at Zataka. Their mark acting like she had the upper hand here? Not on Zakaz. "You say the word and I show her you're the boss 'round here, alright?"

IC Yumiwak | Wastes

.:Of course she is,:. I psionically relayed to Korio, still clutching Zai's hand and controlling our consciousness stream. .:If she makes a run for anythinh... use your instincts.:.

I shot back at the warrior, "Yes—finding you." This woman was big, powerful, and confident in herself and her ability to thrive. How else would she feel it was a bright idea to walk directly towards the Panda without a care for her own safety? She was either stupid, which was highly doubtful, or considered herself powerful enough to have what she wanted even in my company, on my ship.  Such confidence only indicated belligerence to me, and I—not being dumb, either—recognized the sort of threat that posed to me and my clan as well. It was a delicate game, this... diplomacy. I wasn't the best at the intricacies of it (truth be told there isn't much opportunity fo non-aggressive negotiations among Skakdi on this land called Zakaz) but I knew power plays, and I knew this was one. I either had to clench her submission to me here or else my station was at risk. 

"So you figured out I came looking for you. You're right," I said with a wink. "I got word of someone new in the hood with some really cool space pants, so I came to do a vibe check. And I gotta say, you vibe. But see, here's the deal: I can either be your lifeline or your quicksand. You don't know this place, you don't belong here, and you won't survive on your own. But you're strong—what you did to the band of Mesi a fortnight ago proves that. I know you're capable, and still I tracked you down, found you, and  now I'm standing here and facing you. Heh."

I needed to give this warrior an ultimatum. She needed to either be in awe or in fear of me. If she was worth her weight in salt she would have already figured out I was smart, too, and not playing games. "Out here, I may as well be your guardian angel or your grim reaper. You can step around my ship and keep walking towards that big old head you came from until you die or you can get on my ship and live by my grace and rules and maybe I'll let you have some of my honey lemon crumble cake. But if you choose the former, girl, there's nobody out here who's going to care about your screams."

Finger gun. 

"So what's it going to be, cake or death?"

@Tarn @Vezok's Friend @pokemonlover360

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Yeah, I suppose so," a part of her remained tantalised by the prospect of laying claim to whatever 'boon' waited within the final chamber, though she knew it was all but certain the Toa would take it for themselves. Still, if they weren't content to let her strike off on her own, she didn't have much choice but to help them. 

"I actually had some thoughts about that," she added, "I saw the Great Disk of Ice get destroyed, but I think I know how we could make a new one." 

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins 

His eyes narrowed, unsure how to take this breaking news. Perhaps Sidra had somehow seen the other side of things, which Leklo had only heard rumors of before. He still didn't trust the former Hunter, but she was resourceful and perhaps she could shed light on things that still mystified the former alpinist. "Oh?" he said. "Tell me."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
don't be suspicious

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"I'm not a scholar, but the Great Disk of Ice would have had the Freeze power, right? Just like the sword I got out of the Suva," she tapped the blade resting at her hip, "If a Toa Disk can be melted down to make an elemental Kanohi, then if we melted down the sword and poured it into a Kanoka mould, wouldn't we get a powerful Freeze disk?" 

@EmperorWhenua

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

Takadox’s words rang hollow. Her reasoning was in binary, yes. That was why it was superior. And yet… she had indeed, killed those wretches down in the caves. She had never killed anyone before then. She had only been activated… when was it? Her chronometer was out of sync, most likely due to this desolate island having a different day-night cycle.

The meatbag seemed confident his allies would protect him - indeed, their behaviour suggested they were dumb enough to do so - and their capabilities remained unknown. And while the Vahki would - of course - triumph regardless, they would no doubt suffer some casualties.

"Everything we’ve done, we’ve done without choice. I can’t say the same for all of you. If you really aren’t hypnotized, it means you've made a conscious choice to protect this vermin who conquers and enslaves and calls himself 'oppressed'. And while we would defeat you, without exact knowledge of your capabilities it is likely we would sustain losses. Pridak’s orders or not, your pathetic lives are not worth even a small fraction of that of my kin, and I will not sacrifice my troops to protect my own existence, unlike some creatures here I could mention."

NU-8020S turned back to the three organic helpers as she prepared to leave. "Let’s get out of here before he suckers you in as well."

@Vezok's Friend@Burnmad@Sparticus147@Onaku@Snelly@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Wombat, Exterior)

Tekmo followed Vulimai and jumped down into the enemy ship. A good thing Knichou's plan had worked out. Gravity hurt, after all, and his past attempts to create a giant leaf for a parachute hadn't worked out like he had intended.

@Sparticus147@BULiK

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"OK… this might be more complicated than I thought. I'll just keep connecting pipes 'til we run out of 'em." Enra grabbed another pipe dangling in the air, and used it to connect the third pillar to the second.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum

The Vortixx looked up at the Toa over the rims of the reading spectacles she’d put on as she’d sat down behind the desk, with tight lips. Here she way, helping to run the city - or what was left of it - and this one was interested in her...desk? Really?

She forced herself to assume her best professional tone and said: “As a matter of fact, it is. Was there anything else I can help you with? Lord Pridak will be back shortly and in his absence there is quite a bit of work I must get back to.”

----

I had made my way back to the foot of the coliseum via Vahki transport - their amphibious capabilities really did come in handy these days, much as I disliked their origin. My security detail popped open the hatch and filed out first, lining up as if this was some sort of royal welcome. Honestly - I didn’t care much for ceremonies today.

Sighing, I stepped out of the transport, strode past the guards and back into the coliseum through a side-entrance out of view, making my way to a private elevator. I swear, if I had to go through the lobby every time I wanted to come and go nothing would ever get done around here…

Stepping into the elevator, now flanked by two Vahki that were in the cabin at all times, I pulled up progress reports from Ehlek and the continuous efforts to fortify and rebuild what was left of Le-Metru, studying them on the way up. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~ 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

As before, the pipe rattled on its chains before slotting into place between the pillars with a hiss and the pressure gauge showed that indeed, the pipe between pillar [3] and [2] had safely connected. That left only pillar [1] standing alone and unconnected to the others pillars or the forge.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Eyru

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

The bemused looks remained firmly on the warrior’s face as she listened patiently to the Skakdi leader’s words, regardless of the threats or weapons being brought up to point at her again. She had hoped to avoid this conversation, but it appeared her rescuers/captors/next victims(?) really wanted to play this out the old fashioned way. Weird flex, but okay. When the Skakdi was finished, Zataka remained silent for a moment longer - or so it appeared to Yumiwak’s entourage. In truth, she was addressing their glorious leader directly via thought, using her mask again. She could have said it audibly, but if this one was so insistent on having her little display of being in charge, so be it. It was better to let her save face instead of provoking her further at this point.

Just between you and me: You bragging about how you tracked down my capable warrior self while telling me I’m lost, doomed to die and sticking out like a sore thumb is not the boast you think it is.

She continued aloud: “Again: I already chose to come willingly when I said I was ready to get out of this place. Funny thing about new places is: you run into the same kinds of people as everywhere else. So after the rough night I had, I figured I’d  save us both the time and tired old back-and-forth and get us both what we want: I get out of this waste and you get me on your ship. I’ll even try your cake.”

She’d kept her eyes firmly on Yumiwak up until now. Then, her focus suddenly shifted to the Skakdi off to the side, still aiming his crossbow. Though her tone didn’t change and she made no moves beyond looking at Korio, her eyes were blazing with warning intensity. “Of course, one can’t go anywhere willingly with a bolt trained on them. You better hope that first shot takes me out for good, otherwise I suggest you put your little toy down before you hurt yourself.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Korio Karasha - Wastes

Me instincts. Right. You got it, Miss Yumi.

The Vo-Skakdi narrowed his eyes at Zataka, and his grin turned into a sneer. "This 'toy' has a body count. You can never be too careful, right? Just makin' sure we're all on the same page 'ere, s'all." Korio then shrugged slightly, and lowered his crossbow. The mark still didn't have the upper hand. She wasn't in control here. Kor just didn't want to screw things up for his queen, and once Zataka was aboard he'd be keeping an eye on her. Maybe two. Well, he only had two, but...

...the Skakdi wasn't sure where this train of thought was going. He'd be watching her, is what he meant.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

Following behind the toa Tekmo, Vulimai landed next to the toa before taking a more reserved posture. "Toa, even if they know we are onboard, we can also hope that they don't know where we boarded. I suggest we take a quiet approach so that we can handle whatever we encounter however we like." Starting to lead the way, Vulimai pulled out her ga-disk of reconstruction, ready to throw it once either of them are spotted.

OOC: @Toru Nui

The pair, continuing on there way, till eventually, the stone began to level and then fall into a basin like area. At this point, Drukarus's need for his elemental power grew less and less as it slowly became a matter of simply finding a safe route down the slopes and the rocks. With deliberate movements, and careful steps, the pair reached the bottom of the basin and were presented with a deep and dark crevice that ran ever deeper into the volcano's side, lined with the skulls and bones of countless skakdi, an ominous sense loomed over the place like a miasmic blanket, trying its hardest to suffocate any feeling other than fear.

With a stern and resolute gaze, Drukarus stared deep into the crevice, as much as he felt better to do otherwise, and simply said. "So, this is the path to the Nightmare Pit?"

• Like 1

"This is the place," he intoned, resisting the instinctive urge to draw his weapon and defend himself from the unseen, "Last chance to turn back." 

• Like 1

Something in Drukarus' tone made it sound like he was expecting a reply. "I've already come this far."

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Providence - Ruins of Fire

Prov watched the mechanoids leave, waiting until they were gone. Finally, he turned to Takadox, his new, blue companion. "What was that about?" He asked, gesturing forcefully in the direction of the exit. "They seemed really upset about something."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Toru Nui @Sparticus147 @Onaku @Snelly @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @xccj

• Like 3

"Fair enough...Then let us press forward." Drukarus said, has he steeled his ages-old will for what he felt to be one of the few true test of strength he had ever faced. After a moment of gathering strength, Drukarus stepped forwards into the void, towards the Nightmare within.

IC: Zak-Yak (The Fire Ruins)

At the revelation spoken by Providence, Zak-Yak was left in a stupor of thought, "Does Zak-Yak serve Varian master, or does Zak-Yak serve Providence master now? Can Zak-Yak serve both master? Can Zak-Yak get TWO Kraata's?!"

To an outside observer, Zak-Yak had a look of constipation, confusion, and an absolutely giddy amount of frantic energy being built up.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend @Toru Nui @Onaku @Edelgard @xccj @Jakura Nuva

• Like 2

Hoping he would live to regret the decision, Marrow followed Atriox Drukarus down into the dark. 

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Airspace/The Tranquility ("Spread your wings and fly. God be with you.")

As the wind rushed past Nale's audio receptors and her heartrate skyrocketed, she tried to orient herself and the others towards their target: the largest of the League ships, the Tranquility. At the moment, it had begun rising upwards, firing on the Taku in retaliation, with Nale's team of jumpers right between the two ships. The Toa of Magnetism spread her arms and legs out into a glide formation to better aim for it and avoid any stray gunfire, while her HUD displayed all the necessary info (although this was all still new enough for her to not know what all of it meant) including her rapidly descending altitude. The numbers and icons flashing across her optics didn't obstruct her vision, but still distracted her as it sat in her peripheral, prompting her to quickly blink twice to close it out. She could eyeball it.

As they neared closer to the ship, she extended her spear and aimed it towards the upper deck of the Tranquility, focusing her element through it in an attempt to draw the team closer to their target and make for a more controlled landing. At first the pull was weak, but as they quickly closed the distance it became stronger, until Nale felt they were sufficiently in range and she let go of her element. Breaking off from Skorm and Irna, she hit the surface of the airship and rolled (the thought of ending up off the side of it and impacting the ground below briefly crossing her mind), before stopping in a crouched position. It was then she noticed her HUD had become scrambled, and she couldn't retract her spear--something had, briefly, cut off the communication between her and her nanites. Once the interference cleared, a relieved Nale contacted Knichou, raising her voice to be heard above the wind and gunfire. Despite not really being necessary, she reflexively placed a hand over her audio receptor as if wearing an earpiece.

"--ichou? It's Nale. We've made it to our DZ. About to find a way inside. Will update."

The Fa-Toa then glanced over her shoulder to check on her companions, before looking ahead to see--what in Karzahni?!--Kat and Keitara on the ship as well. She didn't remember this part of the plan...

"Fancy seeing you two," Nale said, raising her voice again. 

@BULiK@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Keitara (Reunited, and it feels so good!)

Kei's heartlight skipped a beat as she looked up. For a brief, tense moment her grip tightened on her shield, but suddenly relaxed as she realized who had made the noise. Her heartbeat returned to normal, and in fact sped up a bit.

Skorm! Irna! And… what was her name again? Knichou's friend, the Toa of Magnetism.

Kei partially dropped her cloak and waved like a madbeing. "Irna! Skorm! Erm… Magnet Girl?" Kei called out in a voice she hoped was loud enough to carry across the ship but not to alert the crew below. "Fancy meeting you in a place like this!"

Kei made a 'come hither' motion with her shield-free arm and added "Strategize with us?"

(OOC:

@The UltimoScorp, @Tarn, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Sala & Sorilax (Metru-Koro's Garrison)

"Combat experience...Well I was never formally trained per say but I did help fight in the war, so if you're asking if I can handle myself. Then yes, yes I can...Especially inside of Second Skin." The Matoran of Plasma responded to the Aspect as he clenched his hands inside of the ACR.

Sorilax nodded at this, somewhat surprised at the knowledge while yet in a way realizing the news had been inevitable. With what Sala had told him about the League and the war that had been waging back in the Matoran’s home, it should have come as no surprise. It had been a war that was waged so furiously that it perhaps had even destroyed their whole universe. Think of that! The information was a doozy of a sucker punch. Truly spectacular. The implications were astounding.

If so much could be accomplished on such a grand scale, just imagine what he himself could do once he completed his Grand Wish and created instead of destroyed.

The Aspect looked at the Matoran in Second Skin, what had his fellow chronicler responded with again? Sorilax had gotten a little side tracked in his thoughts. Oh yes! Combat experience.

“Well that is both unfortunate for you and fortunate for the future.” Sorilax looked about the western garrison in the darkness of night, “I suppose if we are staying, we should inform the- By jove, what is that light?”

It seemed as if the world went still as a pale blue light lit the ground, seeming to douse torches and lightstones in its intensity. The light flickered and spasmed as if it were alive with a destructive energy that was begging to be released. Shadows became deep and vibrant in their own way, accentuated against the increasing brightness. The world seemed to become washed out, so bright was the light.

Sorilax looked up, shielding his artificial optics with his hand while trying to get a good view of what was causing all of this light. All around him he could feel the shadows grow both stronger while also dying out, snuffed out by the hot blue white sun that seemed as if it were bearing down on all those by the garrison. Now what in the blazes is that? Sorilax wondered, slowly working through possibility after possibility as was his way. Not realizing the danger of the situation in the midst of his potential discovery.

The light only grew, seeming to expand. It was moving? It was so bright it was hard to tell anything.

But if it truly wasn’t just a sun and instead some blob of energy moving about, then why was it so quiet? It made nary a sound. Well, a faint… bubbling-like noise grew louder as the light continued to expand. Except the bubbling was that of the furious rage of boiling water, threatening to disfigure those who dared touch it.

Was this something from Sala’s universe? Sorilax tore his eyes from the new sun, “Sala? Can you explain this phenomenon? Is this the attack?”

Sala stood there, just as stunned as Sorilax, the intensity of the sight being almost too much for the Su-Matoran’s eyes to even bear. But, while Sorilax and Sala strained to gaze upon the beacon in the sky, Sala noticed that the beacon wasn’t just growing brighter...It was growing bigger and it was getting closer as well. 

Fear began to flood the matoran’s body as he realized what it was...And where it was soon to land. “Sorilax, we need to get out of here!”

As the two spoke, gasps and shouts began to come from the walls of the garrison, as the source illuminating the sky was realized to not just be a light, but a great sphere of plasma. The evidence came in the form of the radiant heat that could be felt as the light slowly grew and accelerated in its pace. The very ground seemed to dry and crack, what little moisture there was fleeing from the wrath of a heat gone mad. Still, the orb remained fairly quiet, almost peaceful in the way its energy danced about around itself as it descended upon them all.

That is till, at last, impact was made.

Fierce sizzling sounds emanated out from the initial contact point, as rock and stone were superheated in a fraction of a second, cracks and crevices splintering throughout the immediate area as the sphere began to dig into the garrison.

The sphere was nearly fifteen bios wide as it struck the base of the garrison’s tower, the protruding structure collapsing onto the wall below it in a calamitous crash as it lost all structural integrity, crushing any Matoran who were either too slow or dazzled to escape the destruction. Consuming all with no restriction, seeming to disintegrate away all it deigned to lay its touch upon, the sphere began to tear through the tower’s base, the plasma bolt continuing on its destructive path, further digging into the floors beneath it.

As the sphere of death bored its way through the second and first floor, whatever force that maintained its cohesion soon began to give way, as globules of molten plasma began being lobbed out towards the surrounding area, scorching the rock and those unfortunate enough to be near it at the time of dissipation. 

From outside of the garrison, far enough to have escaped the damage and the danger of the impact, stood Sorilax and Sala, both shocked and awed at the complete and absolute devastation that was brought on by this singular attack.

As Sala stared at the smoking hollowed out garrison, the noxiously harsh scent of melted rock and plasma filled his senses. Memories of the great forges of Ta-Metru soon came to Sala’s mind, as did the recent memories of desperate matoran sabotaging generations of work to escape the relentless League, the scent of burnt organics and proto-shell becoming a scent that Sala soon became accustomed to all too well, alongside the screams and moans that came from such devastation like that which had just occurred.

The worst part? As the bolt ate itself into the ground and expended the last of its energy somewhere beneath him, Sala realized the village was still lit by the unworldly blue white.

There was another one.

Sorilax felt the shadows shift drastically around him as one light receded and another took its place, realizing the implications even as he was dealing with being horrified by what had presented itself before him. It was a twisted destruction on par with the Fau Swamp’s dangerous mutagenic. For precious moments he stood, frozen. In the face of such destruction, what could he do? How could he help? His heart cried out for the Matoran he had just met, that had just repaired his body. Taken in an instant that left him reeling.

It was a cry for help that brought the old Aspect back to the present and away from his emotions. All other thoughts were pushed aside. Even as shadows were tossed onto the surrounding walls that still stood as a second bolt bore into the ground elsewhere in the village, Sorilax stumbled forward, feet catching on the rubble left behind by the crumbled garrison. Someone had called out. Someone needed his help. 

Sala, almost unconsciously, followed the Aspect. An action no doubt brought on by the last few days of traveling. “Mata Nui help us. Mata Nui help us all,” Sala whispered to himself, too shocked to make any noise louder as he followed into the ruins.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Jammed Out between Me and Kal.

• Like 3

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Tranquility

Still focused on what she was doing, Kat's response sounded almost distant, as if her words were detached from her body.

"Hey, guys. I'm... just about through making an entrance!"

As if on cue, she finished melting through the last bit of a roughly 1 bio hole in the outer hull.

"Whew! There we go!" She said, standing back up and wiping the front of her mask. "Oh, wait, hang on." She placed a firm kick to the center of the circle, and it fell inward. "That's more like it! C'mon, I wanna get dinner when we're all done here!"

She took a step forward and looked all but ready to make the short hop that would take her from the outer hull to the inside.

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

With the Razorfish out of sight, Ulkarr redirected his efforts to the Wombat, darkening the ship's bridge.

@Eyru@Onaku

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

After a while, Ostrox's eyes began to adapt to the dark, as he searched for and found the button to turn off the music. It became apparent that the lights were on, they were just... drained, somehow. The work of a shadow elemental. And of course, the special properties of the Nullifier Vahki were only useful if they could hit the target with their ray, which they couldn't do when they were aboard the enemy ship. So, naturally, destroying the ship only became more important.

From memory, he found the button to contact the Vahki in charge of the weapons. "Use the pulse weapon! Obliterate that vessel!"

"Understood. Adjusting aim..." The weapon that had fired upon Metru-Koro began to slowly change direction towards the Taku, glowing as it charged up...

@BULiK

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

NU-8020S disconnected her Staffs of Presence's link between her and the 'Aspect' as she left. 'WhAt WaS tHaT aBoUt?' She was wrong. They were not pawns. They were the entire chessboard. She would not waste valuable memory space with his ignorant drivel.

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Wombat)

"Yes, captain, I am familiar with the art of 'snooping'." Tekmo whispered, as he got his shield out and moved ahead towards the bridge.

@Sparticus147

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

Enra tried to use any remaining pipes to connect pillar number one to the rest.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Eyru

IC: Dar Poroka | Aboard the Wombat

Poroka can't believe eyes.

"New person."

Above head, hear thump noise on ship. Poroka don't care. Probably just bird. Poroka more care about new person and friend in ship. They make Poroka angry.

While Poroka stares down the boarders, the brown Vahki accompanying him notes the sound of something impacting the ship's hull. The earlier boarders landed undetected somehow, but this next party is not so lucky. The brown Vahki beeps, wirelessly relaying its observation to the bridge...

...the blue Vahki receives its comrade's communication, and sends out a silent alarm for the other Vahki to hold fast. Simultaneously, it beins to interface with the ship's navigation systems, directing engines to whine into high gear and commanding disks to strike...

"Brace yourself for evasive maneuvers, captain," Brown whirs.

Poroka confused, but listen. Put one hand on ship wall, and two tentacles on roof. Other hand still hold sword. Then ship suddenly turn to one side! Wall is floor. Ceiling is wall. Floor is ceiling. Round and round Poroka goes. Careful watch new person. Will he fall down...?

Under the ship, the red Vahki braces itself in the gunner's seat. As the ship begins to spin, it directs the ship's Hagah cannons to fire. Ehlek's special weapon is of little use in a dogfight, but the usual guns will do just fine. As the Wombat spins, it begins to spit blasts of energy into the sky. Perhaps they will collide with an unlucky skydiver, or even a ship...

As Knichou points to the bridge and called out to his allies, the ship suddenly begins to rotate beneath his feet. The Wombat continues to rise at a brisk pace, but now it is spinning in an attempt to throw the boarders off and keep more from landing at all. The slick hull of the airship is treacherous at the best of times, but now it is sliding frictionless underneath them, slippery with the inevitable condensation that accumulates at altitude. Those boarders already landed have less than seconds to act before they are thrown off into open air, and those still falling will find it quite the task to successfully land on such a perilous target.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 1

IC: Mahryo

Mahryo was still lost and muddled. His own personal loyalty to his brother and attachment to the cause that NU had granted him had allowed him to creatively interpret the orders Takadox had given him - those orders with such a mystical, addictive draw to them.... But that creative interpretation had only left his head aching even more, and he stumbled along almost blindly after the Vahki, lost in his thoughts.

@Toru Nui @xccj @Jakura Nuva

• Like 1

IC: Mazor & Gnabol-update

Mazor returned half an hour later, carying four small rahi. They were still alive, but too weak to move. He set them down, took out his sword, and began cutting their heads off.

"Oh for the love of - couldn't you do that outside?" 

Mazor sighed and nodded, taking his things just outside of the cave. He cut off their heads and began removing their meat.  One of the Skaklets crawled up to him reaching out for his blade. He gently pushed the Skaklet away, but it continued to motion for the sword. "The, um little ones didn't give you too much trouble did they?" He called back to Gnabol.

"Not at all, thankfully. One keeps trying to bite my fingers, but apart from that, they're fine... look, we need to reconsider chasing the magic water bubble. Constantly changing homes isn't good for kids, you know? Trust me, I know what that's like."

"Yeah,"  He didn't know Gnabol all that well, but he doubted either of them would make good parents. "We should probably find someone more qualified to raise them."

This elicited a sigh from Gnabol. "I don't want to say this, but... you know those refugee camps to the north?"

Mazor paused, "Yeah..?" He said very hesitantly.

Gnabol looked as if he was trying to fight the words coming out of his mouth. "Yes, I know, I know, they're mostly Matoran, but... I found this map in the gear we took from the camp. Probably should've gotten myself a better sword while we were there, but anyway, look." He handed it to Mazor. "Look at the labels - 'Warskaks', 'Nightmare Pits', those small islands off the south coast with exclamation points surrounding them - for crying out loud, we are currently squatting in a cave in which a beast with very large claws once lived, might even still live, come to think of it. The camps are probably the only truly safe place in this wasteland."

Mazor looked over the map. Many of the locations sounded quite dangerous, then again, these skaklets didn't look like they had come from Mata Nui, so they must have lived here before. "Do you think the Matoran will accept them? Skakdi have a habit of making enemies out of everyone."

"Yeah, well, so do the Matoran. But this is the least terrible option, compared to staying here, or - stars forbid - the League."

Mazor nodded, "I think I saw this mountain," He pointed at the center of the map, "while we were walking. Based on it's position relative to us we are somewhere around here. "

"I'm not saying the journey will be easy. West is swampland, and straight north is labelled 'the Ash Barrens', which sounds delightful."

On one side of the island, someone had circled the coastline, drawn a crude square and labled it with question marks. Maybe the group had been on their way to check it out. "I'm guessing that's the head, which means that the settlements should be somewhere around here." He pointed into the desert. "We can stick to these swamplands for now, and take a short cut around the base of the mountain."

"Right then. But first - dinner."

Just then a stick punched through the center of the map. The Skaklet had found a stick and was trying to use it as a spear. Mazor handed the map back to Gnabol and snatched the stick away. "No, bad!" He hit the skaklet on it's head with the stick. The skaklet rubbed it's forehead and pouted. Mazor sighed and picked him up, trying to comfort the little one. Gnabol began  to prepare a fire to cook the meat.

(worked out ahead of time)

Edited by Smudge8
  • Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Lueiji

Lueiji, who'd followed along in unsure silence for awhile, reaches out to pat his brother in the shoulder with one hand while the other rubs at his temples.

"Maybe, uh, we're in a bit over our heads here, Mahryo. What with this amnesia, the headaches 'n everything... y-ya sure we should stick around?"

@Edelgard @Toru Nui @xccj

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Like 1

IC: Skorm (Tranquility top, Metru-Koro Airspace)

His step unsteady as the ship turned, Skorm made his way over to Keitara and Kat. "I could say the same thing," he shouted over the engines. "My plan is to get in there and try to talk the captain into standing down; if that doesn't work, we board the airship as normal, take care of the crew, and turn this thing's guns against the other League ships. That work with everyone? Kei, if you can cloak everyone else here, you all might be able to get a head start. I'm going to pop out of a shadowy corner of the bridge and talk to the captain. If you hear sounds of a fight, go loud and I'll try to link back up with you."

The Twi-Toa turned to the edge of the ship, then looked back at Keitara and Irna, a faint smile on his mask. He wanted to get one last look at them in case this went madu-shaped. "Keep your senses up, if you sense a high-energy laser discharge on the bridge, its probably me." He paused for a thought; "Well, actually, more than one. I have to keep up the scary League enforcer image, I might have to laser an eye out."

OOC: @ultimoscorp @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Keitara (Atop the airship Tranquility)

"Gonna be honest, any plan that potentially means not having to kill an entire crew seems good to me-"

Kei stumbled as the wind rushing by them changed direction. Looking towards the front of the airship, she saw to her horror that it had begun to swing towards the Taku.

"Karz. I think they're targeting the Taku. Skorm, I'm with you on this. But whatever we're doing, we need to do it fast. I'll cloak everyone for as long as I can, but especially out of the light my powers won't hold out forever. I'm running on fumes as is. I swear, if after tonight I discover my kanohi projects invisibility or something I'm gonna be slagging livid."

The slight Toa turned toward her fiery counterpart. "Whaddya say, Kat? You up for a little covert operations before we tear the place apart?"

(OOC: 

@The UltimoScorp, @Tarn, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Nale Vella - On top of the Tranquility

Magnet girl...? I suppose it's not the worst nickname.

"This is all well and good," Nale said, getting to her feet and carefully walking over to Kat, Keitara, and the new hole in the ship's hull the former had made. "But we should probably get inside. It's a bit chilly out here, don't you all think?"

The Toa of Magnetism looked to Skorm, glancing to the Taku briefly as she spoke. "Good luck with your plan. Let's hurry this along before the day gets any harder." Nale then turned her attention to Kei. "You can cloak us all once we're inside, but if it becomes too much of a strain we can just do stealth the old-fashioned way," she said, then paused once she was standing on the edge of the opening, and again placed her hand on her audio receptor. "Knichou, we've linked up with some other Taku crewmembers here, conveniently. Going dark now, I'll contact you again when we've...resolved this."

With that, she dropped down inside the ship.

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Fire Ruins)

"I will not stop you from leaving. We have failed in our mission, and I must answer for it. If you wish to go, then that is your choice... at least you have one."

@Jakura Nuva@Edelgard@xccj

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Wombat)

Suddenly, the ship began to rotate, threatening to hurl Tekmo and Vulimai back through the hole they came in through. Tekmo was taken by surprise, and stumbled across the wall - which was now the floor - as he tried to move forward.

@Sparticus147

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 49th Floor Reception area

With - (Great Being) Aurax, NPC Vortixx, NPC Steltian, NPC Vahki

She forced herself to assume her best professional tone and said: “As a matter of fact, it is. Was there anything else I can help you with? Lord Pridak will be back shortly and in his absence there is quite a bit of work I must get back to.”

Saybo rapped on the desk, smiling, “You do your thing, don’t let me stop you.” Very professional that one. Once Pridak was dead, she either would very practically change sides, or go down with the ship. A shame, if the latter. Surrendering to the Great Aurax’s leadership was the right thing to do. Opposing it meant whatever judgement Aurax righteously chose. Saybo would enact that judgement swiftly, whatever it may be.

The maskless Toa of Water turned away, plopping down in a seat facing the two Vahki in the room. He leaned back and set his right foot on his left knee in a show of absolute comfort and ease. His elbows draped off the edges of the chair.

He kept his eyes open, casually scanning the room, ready to move at a moment’s notice.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

"Well, um, actually, Metru-Nui is a city inside of the big head. As for the head itself, I think that might've been...a god? That we all were living in...Well, I mean I was living in I guess. Honestly, it's pretty wild to think that all this time, the world as I knew it was inside of a god. Isn't that crazy?" Gore chuckled at the last part.

Hmm, yes. ‘Crazy’, as you said,” Cravious said dismissively as his mind was racing. The god part just seemed a natural evolution of the entities already on Zakaz, both those seen and unseen. Aspects proved that realm of knowledge to be real. But Gore saying Cravious’ tech seemed more impressive than Metru Nui’s is what really intrigued him.

Beings became used to their level of tech over time and took it for granted, so no doubt this non-native Skakdi would be impressed by “new” Zakazian tech, even more so Cravious’ tech using his power of the Improbable Machine.

But what Cravious really wanted was to find a way to pry out the secrets of what technological advances had been made in the city of Metru Nui. No doubt this Gore Fury would need to be paid to divulge such information in any true detail. Well, if Gore was even smart enough to retain enough knowledge to help Cravious in any meaningful way. Cravious had learned the hard way to treat all Skakdi as if they had no knowledge of anything meaningful.

Artificial Intelligence and Flight. Those two things were forefront in his mind as he thought of what secrets that giant head might hold. But he surely couldn’t just come out and ask the stout Skakdi. No, he would have to slip it into a deal, most likely, to gain the information. Time to try to pry out the why of this Gore Fury’s actions so Cravious could begin working on getting what he wanted.

You say you require a tune up on your ride. If I were to agree to help you out, I would need to know how to outfit it. Where will you be traveling? The desert? The mountains? The swamp?

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot a couple formatting things.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Atop the Wombat

Knichou watched Vulimai and Tekmo climb inside the ruptured panel, and turned around towards the bow of the Wombat.As the Toa of iron began to walk up to the bridge to take a look through the window, he heard a familiar voice crackling over the radio.

"-ichou? It's Nale. We've made it to our DZ. About to find a way inside. Will update."

Knichou breathed a sigh of relief at Nale's voice. Not that he was extremely worried that his hastily made plan would have quickly lead to her or his other allies deaths, but there was always that possibility on the battlefield. The ex-ghost was about to activate his armor's own radio to respond, but as he walked, his next step landed unexpectedly quickly, as if he had stepped off a staircase expecting there to be another step. Knichou instinctively tried to catch his balance but soon realized it was futile - the entire ship was rotating to throw him off.

Unable to stay balanced, Knichou instead did exactly what the Wombat's crew wanted. Knichou compressed himself and then leapt outwards, quickly escaping the tumbling airship. He activated his adaptive armor's thrusters and within a few seconds had re-centered himself in a stable, upright hover a few meters off the side of the Wombat. He quickly glanced below to ensure that the others hadn't fallen out of the hole they had entered the ship with. As he looked around, he heard Nale's voice again.

"Knichou, we've linked up with some other Taku crewmembers here, conveniently. Going dark now, I'll contact you again when we've...resolved this."

Knichou activated his own radio to quickly respond.

"Copy that, all of us are also on target. Stay safe, over."

Stay safe? Really, Knichou? We're on a battlefield, kohlii-head!

As Knichou finished speaking, he began to fly closer to the Wombat. He reached behind him inside his nanodermis backpack, searching for his weapon. His hand brushed up against the mask of creation, and the engineer shivered for a moment. Knichou searched around and soon grabbed the grip of his custom lightstone rifle and pulled it effortlessly out of the liquid metal blob on his back. It was fully charged, and the crackling lightstones stored in its exposed octagonal cylinder stood out against the night sky around him.

Flicking off the safety, Knichou braced the weapon against his right shoulder, using his left arm for course correction with its thruster. He saw the Hagah plasma cannon at the front of the ship begin firing balls of plasma at the Taku. Even if it was unfortunate that the Taku had been detected, at the very least the large cannon on the underside of the ship wasn't firing on Metru-Koro anymore. Instead of moving towards the bridge, Knichou hovered to the left and slightly in front of the Wombat, and began rapidly firing a burst of four electrically charged lightstones towards the externally-mounted plasma cannon itself in an attempt to disable it. Knichou fired the rifle in a sweeping motion in the hopes that it would increase the chance of one of his shots hitting the spinning target - while he had spent a lot of time at the firing range in his time as a weapons manufacturer, shooting with one arm, while flying, against a spinning, also-flying target was a situation where it was less important to aim a precise shot and more important for a pure increase in the volume of fire.

~~~

On the bridge of the Taku, a panicked Berys was trying to manage too many things at once. There were multiple enemy airships engaging, oh-so-many warning lights on the dashboard, no weapons for self-defense, and the constant cracks and impacts of bullets were not helping the Le-Matoran's concentration any. Once crew in the back confirmed that all boarders were away, Berys pulled the lever to close the cargo bay doors, which reduced the Taku's drag and made it leak less light below them.

Berys had been flying towards the enemy airships in an attempt to get behind them and out of their cones of fire, but clearly both League ships that were still active had stopped their bombardment of the Koro to instead turn and focus fire on the Taku. Even if Berys managed to keep the Taku out of the sights of one of the ships, the other would undoubtedly have an angle on it. One of these ships was smaller and could almost certainly outrun the Taku as well. Berys would just have to hope they could make it back to Metru-Koro alive, or that the boarding parties were successful, because there was no way the Taku could fight back that wasn't suicidal.

Berys continued the Taku's left turn at full speed, attempting to make a U-turn to face Metru-Koro. There was nothing more he could do - the boarding parties were out, so the Taku's mission was complete, and now she only had to hold together long enough to make it back.

As the maneuver began, more and more projectiles battered the hull of the airship. The Tranquility's machine guns continued to pepper the underside of the hull with mixed success, but now other threats began to strike. The rapidly rolling Wombat fired from it's forward plasma cannon with a large spread. Several of these projectiles hit the Taku's left side, splattering against the hull, burning through, and exploding, flinging the superheated gas and molten metal from the armor inside the ship. Suhaku was near the front of the cargo bay when one of these bolts hit the wall nearby. Her back was peppered with fragments of molten protosteel, and her screams joined the terrifying soundscape.

Exuze was hiding behind a crate closer to the edge of the cargo bay doors, and he looked up at the sound of her pain embolded him to stand up and run over to her aid. As he began to  run along the left side of the ship towards her, the wall he was running beside exploded in a flash of blinding light.

The energy bolt from the Tranquility's main gun had arced slowly and gracefully through the air towards the Taku, but Berys was already turning left at full speed when he saw it. Even though the pilot tried desparately to turn right to dodge it, it wasn't enough. The projectile hit the left side of the Taku at a glancing angle from behind, and much of the energy flowed lengthwise along the side of the hull, burning bright streaks through the outer layer of armor. Where the blast made contact with the Taku, things weren't as pretty. By the time the flash of superheated gas had dissipated, there was an irregularly shaped hole the diameter of a large matoran burned into the hull.

Shrapnel from the wall wasn't the only thing flung around this time - as the hearing of those in the cargo bay began to stop ringing, they could hear the screams of Exuze, who had been thrown against the hull on the opposite side of the airship. The Ta-Lesterin rolled down the curved hull and lay crumped against the floor on the right side of the cargo bay, howling like an animal and clutching where his left arm used to be. The entire left side of Exuze was covered in burns and molten shrapnel, and the Lesterin soon began to convulse in shock.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skorm (Tranquility, Metru-Koro Airspace)

Closing his eyes as he allowed himself to fall off the ship, Skorm dissolved into shadow. The noises of combat disappeared; he could feel the night sky being perforated by muzzle flash and lights. He sped along the hull, stretching his amorphous body as he located the bridge. It was lit, but not well enough; Skorm slipped through a hole in a bulkhead caused by a bullet, dimming the lights on the bridge so it would be safe for him to re-materialize. The lights of the bridge flickered as he assumed his normal form, in a crouch.

"Captain, I must urgently..." Skorm spoke as he rose, pulling his hood back over his head. Then he saw the captain, giving him pause. "Ostrox?"

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...