Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zsann, aboard the Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe sans Yaushe

If at a later point anyone were to ask Zsann how she had slept through all of this, she would not be able to give a proper answer. Neither would she be able to tell what it was that did wake her up - probably the increased number of unfamiliar voices around her. Either way, her eyes suddenly sprung open as she rose, startled, and was immediately stopped by the still fastened seatbelt and intricately folded up legs and arms. How long had she been asleep?

The Skakdi awkwardly untangled her limbs to her best ability, then turned in her seat to look around the van. Some faces were familiar, others not so much. It took some more confused blinking for her to be able to put names to the faces. Mega, Triage, Navu...who looked worse for wear.

"W-w-what h-happened?", was all Zsann could ask.

--

@ZippyWharrgarbl @Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro-v.s. Razorfish @Nato the Traveler

Suddenly everything felt wrong. Jephro went back to falling downward, he reached out to gravity, but recived no responce. He fell and faceplanted in the sand. He stood back up sputtering and imediatly jumped again, but once he came within a certain distance of the ship he began to fall again. He began scanning the ship to see if he could determine why he couldn't get up there, but the ship was getting ready to fire another voley, and Jephro didn't want the city to take any more damage. He ran as far back as he could and began projecting a massive gravity field upwards, Hoping to grab the projectiles and cause them to crash to the ground before they could hit the city.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

4 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins

"Excuse the **** out of me. You could... what?"

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"My Kanohi is the mask of shadow travel. I can teleport through a shadow, to another shadow I know the location of," the Toa had already seen her teleport, so she didn't feel like she was sacrificing too much of an advantage by revealing the specifics, "Assuming some of the places I went to in Metru Nui are intact enough for the mask to recognise, I can try to teleport back there. We could even try to find whatever's left of the original Great Disk of Ice." 

@EmperorWhenua

3 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro-v.s. Razorfish

He ran as far back as he could and began projecting a massive gravity field upwards, Hoping to grab the projectiles and cause them to crash to the ground before they could hit the city.

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish

She frowned as her latest volley was abruptly wrenched out of the air and brought crashing to the ground. She let go of the weapon controls and considered her options. She was in no mood for a protracted battle with a lone Toa, but his powers meant he could easily deflect or redirect any ranged attacks that were sent his way. It wasn't a particularly impressive defence, but it was a tediously effective one. 

"New plan. Raise us up to 550 bios, then move us directly over the enemy camp," she ordered. "We'll bombard it from above, let gravity do the work for us. Engineer, keep an eye on that Toa and nullify him if he tries to fly up after us."

The ship lurched upwards, rising ever upwards before beginning to swiftly accelerate towards Metru-Koro. Zaliyah resumed firing as they flew, raining pulse artillery and plasma flak down upon the ramshackle war camp. 

The Vahki in the engineering section firmly anchored itself to a railing and leaned partway out through the hole in the hull, watching below and behind the ship for any sign of pursuit. 

@Smudge8

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro-v.s. Razorfish @Nato the Traveler

The Razorfish began to rise, continuing to bombard Metru-Koro. Jephro kept up his protective field as long as he could, watching the airship. Once his powers could no longer protect the village he immediatly jumped again. As he flew up he scanned the airship. Suddenly his powers were cut off again, and just as it did Jephro locked eyes with a Vahki staring out of the airship. He fell, but managed to catch himself. He took a moment to catch his breath, then began low gravity running back to Metru-Koro.

Edited by Smudge8

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Fau Swamp (8, 12), in the past

Make a Stand!

Branches snapped, Skakdi screamed, elements and eye powers were flung about as fervently as they were useless against the toughened armor of Evolis Kerhs. Viltia saw only one thing. One horrible thing that broke something inside of her. One thing that severed her irrevocably from her former Matoran life. Serene, completely and unintentionally skewered on one of Evolis Kerhs’ legs, head lolling without restraint and Heartlight no longer even visible. One second she was fine and the next a chitinous leg bore her away amidst the conflict.

Still numbly holding onto her axe crossbow, Viltia’s arms hung limp as she slowly walked into the deepness of the swamp proper. Flaming branches and all forms of munitions flew past her, but she was totally zoned out as she slowly stumbled away. The few Rahi that hadn’t fled from Evolis Kerhs’ presence now fled from the battle that was raging and rushed past her, taking the form of shapes in the dark.

Serene had been her sole protector for years now. Her sole hope that someday life might get better. That Viltia would be cared for in the end. That despite it all, it would be alright.

And she was gone in an instant.

Even worse, Serene had given the mantle of protector, hope inspirer, and caregiver to her. Her! The Matoran that had spent most of her life fussing over flowers and how to grow crops most nutritiously. She was not worthy to be a Toa, to be anything close to a Toa. She never sought the power. She never wanted the responsibility. She was sure to fail in her responsibility!

As she blindly stumbled through the night, through sickly waters full of garbage and ferns full of stinging insects, she continued to disassociate further with the situation. It was all a bad dream, nothing more. It had to be.

Her mind began to drift here and there, no longer even thinking about her situation, detached and enjoying the lack of senses it was receiving in the pitch black. Large Electric Bugs occasionally flew through the air, lighting up small sections of the swamp with a cold light blue. She lazily took note that they were much larger than the normal Electric Bugs back home, but no concern came over her.

In a strange bliss she followed one of the glowing insects, letting her mind roam even more. She hugged her axe crossbow to her body and really felt the swamp around her. She didn’t need to see. She just needed to open up and let go to experience the plants around her. Her mind seemed to slip from her body, through her axe, and out into the world.

She experienced the trees around her, gnarled, ancient, and full of days. Still full of life in an almost unnoticeable way on the swamp floor yet in a clearly abundant way in the canopy as their many leaves danced about on their branches. The air was coated with many fungal spores and flower pollen, so thick she could almost see just by sensing it, yet if she had opened her natural eyes she wouldn’t have even noticed it in the air.

Algae, lily pads, and reeds grew in abundance in the murky waters, guiding her steps to avoid them. Certain plants had that wrong aura about them, and so she was able to avoid the more dangerous mutations. Leaves twisted, branches were knocked about, and grasses were momentarily crushed before springing back, all signifying the passing of all manner of creatures.

Viltia’s mind recoiled in shock as it felt a sinister mind amongst it all. She reached out once more. There was a group of plants nearby that had simple minds of their own. Minds seeking only to consume what they could. One was currently eating.

Opening her eyes, which she hadn’t realized she had closed, Viltia’s senses fully returned to her body and once more the flow of plant life was almost completely cut off. She clutched her crossbow tighter, and the feeling slightly grew. She ran her hand along it. Was she connected to her element through her new Toa tool? That would make sense with what she had seen from her old protectors.

Her old protectors… They were all gone now. She-

A muffled voice cried out in pain.

Viltia’s head snapped to the direction of the malicious plants she had just felt. She knew that voice!

She took a step but stopped and for several seconds she froze. She wasn’t worthy to help. She had no right to. The Toa of her village held the right. All of her former Toa protectors had died for her and her village. They had given their lives to try to preserve those they swore to protect, cementing their worthiness.

The visage of a newly formed Toa named Serene entered Viltia’s mind. Though she hadn’t known Serene as a Matoran, she remembered how Serene had originally voiced much the same doubts that Viltia herself had now, and in much less dire circumstances. Being a Toa was a journey, not just a series of physical quests, she had confided to a group of Matoran around a fire late one evening. You became the Toa you strove to be. Mata-Nui would take care of the rest. After all, he had specially chosen all who would become Toa. It was their Destiny.

Destiny.

I was chosen to be a Toa, just like Serene was. And… I was given my Duty by a Toa with thousands of years of experience. Serene didn’t just choose me because of opportunity. There was more to it than that. There is more to me than just fear.

Viltia set her face with determination, pushing aside her fears much like she had earlier pushed aside the world. It was just a Matoran-eating plant. She could handle this. She would protect those under her protection. She would fulfill Serene’s dying charge.

Holding out her axe crossbow, she marched forward towards the noise, closing her eyes and feeling the plants around her to guide her feet and allow her to step over or around any obstacle. When she arrived at the noise, she finally opened her eyes. A nearby Electric Bug shed just enough light so that she could dimly see a cluster of pitcher-like plants, their true colors lost in the faint blue light. Vines sinewy and slimy grew from their sides with rotting yet sweet smelling fruit growing along them. The vines clumsily wrapped around the lower half of a Matoran, the top half already inside one of the pitchers.

Somehow sensing her, a different plant’s tendrils shot out at her, wrapping around one of her arms. She screamed in surprise at the action. It began to pull her closer to consume her body from her head on down. For a moment, panic leaked back in, but her newly forged determination saw a different route.

She was a Mator- a Toa of the Green. She could now control plants. Cause them to grow out of thin air. Absorb them to regain her power. They could do nothing to harm her.

Viltia reached out mentally, commanding the pitcher-like plant to let her go.

It did not.

She was confused. Did she have to use her Toa tool? She focused her thoughts through her axe crossbow. She could sense the plant. Its odd mind. Its intent. She just needed to mentally force it to let her go.

It did not.

She let out a cry of anguish and frustration. Why was this so hard? What was she doing wrong?

The pitcher plant started to pull her inside, and she could feel that it was far more muscular than any plant had a right to be. This swamp was diseased beyond belief.

She didn’t have the room anymore to properly swing her axe. But… maybe somehow the crossbow part would help? But there were no arrows. She wasn’t sure how it was supposed to work. Desperately readjusting her grip, she found a trigger. She hastily pointed the tip of the crossbow towards the main body of the attacking plant and pulled the trigger, hoping against hope that something, anything would happen.

An energy bolt lit up the night for a split second, then the main body of the plant silently disintegrated, as if into atoms. The rest of the plant fell in upon itself. She shot it again, then once more, destroying most of the almost flower petal-like pitcher part. Feeling confident now, she grabbed the axe handle and cleanly chopped off the vine holding her.

Turning, she blasted away at the other pitchers in the area. Then she hacked at the vines holding the Matoran, wresting him from the last Rahi eating pitcher plant before shooting that one as well.

The dirty, starving, and weak Matoran looked at her in the dim, wavering light of the Electric Bug. “Serene..?” he asked, hopeful.

His words pained Viltia’s soul immensely, “No, I’m sorry. Seren- She- I’m here now. It’s me, Viltia, the greenhouse owner. I’m- I’m a Toa now.” Viltia could barely get out the words, her voice wavering.

The Matoran looked confused, then realization dawned over him. “Oh,” he said flatly, his voice clearly sad, “Mata Nui help us all.

Viltia reached out her arm, hesitating. Then she committed in her mind and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, “Well, he gave us me, so it’ll have to do. Do you know where the others are?

No,” the Matoran replied, turning to look at the Electric Bug as it flew away, “Not anymore. But I know most of us were heading for this swamp. If only we had known how… horrible it was. A small group of us formed at the edge of the swamp, but Skakdi and Rahi chasing us caused all of us who had found each other to separate again. I hope they are doing better than I was. Thank you, Se- Viltia. And thank you for accepting what Serene gave you. It’s already helped more than just you.

Viltia smiled sadly in the pitch black. Yet at the same time something stirred in her, something she thought she only felt for her garden back home. A sense of Duty, of wanting to protect something at all costs. It ran deeper than just a decision. Through this Matoran’s words, she realized her heart had just accepted the role of protector. Her brain didn’t really have the final say anymore now did it? She thought she had already decided to be a Toa, but now she knew it in her whole being. Within her soul. She was a Toa.

She was going to respond when there came a great groaning of the swamp. The night grew quiet and then trees shuddered and swayed as something massive moved through them. The noise was some distance away, but very audible. Viltia closed her optics and reached out with her mind, channeled through her axe crossbow. A great many massive trees were being struck in rapid succession as something huge moved through their branches.

Her optics snapped open. It was that giant centipede. It had to be. Serene’s Zatth summoning must have worn off. Or… that giant centipede had killed all those Skakdi already. Viltia’s anger flared again. She sure hoped it had killed them all. They were more cause for Serene’s death than that unknowing centipede was. In a way it had freed Serene. Whatever the Skakdi had done to Serene would have killed her regardless of any other action. Viltia had seen the wounds up close. She didn’t need to practice healing to know the devastation that had been wreaked upon Serene before the Water Toa had been tied up as bait.

She felt that rage towards Skakdi rising up within her again. This time she didn’t fight it at all. Instead she immediately used it to fuel her body to get moving again. “We need to keep going southwest if we can manage it. That’s the direction all of us took to get here, so it’s probably the direction everyone else kept going.

Viltia held out her arm, “Take my hand, I’ll lead us in the dark.

The Matoran did so, coming to her voice and finding her outstretched hand. They then struck out southwest, or as close as Viltia could get to southwest. She was traveling based upon how the moss grew around the trees and inferring direction on that. To travel, she once again relied on the only part of her power that seemed to work, her sensing of the plants around her. It was much harder now that other thoughts kept interrupting the tranquility of communing with the plant life, but still doable.

They went like that for a couple hours. Viltia using the Green to see what areas were mutated most and avoiding them. Several times, the Matoran would tug on her arm to warn about potential Rahi noises, and so they were able to avoid the more dangerous ones that were out stalking in the night.

Several times Viltia and the Matoran thought that they had heard other Matoran or maybe even Skakdi moving about, but even at night, noise was abundant in the swamp and the suspicious noises always seemed to fade into the background when the pair would stop and listen closely.

In the midst of pure survival, Viltia didn’t even realize she had forgotten what the Matoran’s name was, even though she recognized his voice. Her mind was totally focused on her and the Matoran continuing to live.

The sky, though not viewable from under the swamp’s canopy, slowly started to brighten as the sun crept along the planet to eventually rise above the horizon. Visibility, instead of being zero, notched itself up a few pegs, allowing the pair’s optics to utilize their natural night vision.

Viltia felt something rapidly approaching by burning through leaves, branches, and bushes. She hastily grabbed her Matoran friend and pulled him with her into the crook of some large roots that were abundant basically everywhere. Laser vision pierced the inky black of darkness. It’s red white glow drawing the optics of all those awake in the night. The eye power eventually dissipated against the highly resistant bark of the swamp trees as it swept around. The twin beams started to jump about and came in spurts before dying out completely.

Viltia held the Matoran close, though she realized with a small bit of pride that it was to protect him, not to give herself comfort. Did they find us?” the Matoran whispered.

No, I don’t think so,” Viltia whispered back, “I felt that come from farther away. The Skakdi must have been fighting something. I’m not sure whether to hope the Skakdi won or lost in this place.”

They continued to sit there for roughly thirty seconds. Viltia patted the Matoran on the back, “Okay, we should probably keep moving and stay ahead of-

Someone walked through a bush much closer to the pair then Viltia thought possible. She let out a small gasp. She thought she had been tracking all movement. She must have missed something. Maybe she had lost focus in the monotony of hours of travel. Or maybe her “mastery” of sensing plants wasn’t quite at a master’s level just yet. She had just gotten the power a few hours ago after all. There was surely much she was missing. Regardless, if only there wasn’t that breeze in the tops of the trees, all the movement kept distracting her!

You think the Rahi will come back?” a gruff voice asked.

I told you to shut up and listen, idiot,” another voice hissed.

Viltia and the Matoran could now hear multiple Skakdi coming closer. There were at least three. Maybe five. It sounded like they would pass by uncomfortably close.

The gruff voice spoke again, “Yeah, but like I don’t care ‘bout no new Skakdi looking to stake a claim on our turf. There’s no way I’m gonna die in the Fau Swamp. Stupidest way to go.

No,” the hissing voice replied, “The stupidest way to go would be to disobey our boss’s orders, now wouldn’t it?” A sound like metal hitting metal could be heard.

Stop that! All I’mma sayin’ is that if we’re supposed to kill them all, then why didn’t our boss send somebody with thermal vision or somethin’?

The hissing voice could be heard making a weird sighing grumble and the group of Skakdi stopped moving. From the crook of the roots, Viltia thought she might be able to see one in the dark. Look here, you daft idiot. Unless you want to die right now, let’s finish the job! You question the bossSkak like that and you won’t live long. I’ll make sure of it.

The gruff voice growled, “You get ya filthy hands off of me!

Yes! Kill each other! Viltia thought. Taking a mental step back and realizing what she thought, she took a moment to reflect, somewhat disgusted with herself. No, her mind reasoned, all Skakdi deserve it. If given the choice, they all would choose to enslave my village again and again. I have no regrets about hating them for what they’ve done by enslaving us Matoran and killing us on a whim.

She could hear a scuffle start to break out when a third Skakdi shouted in surprise. A muddy wave suddenly washed itself through the swamp and against her tree. It rose around her body as she crouched there. Something could be felt slamming into the massive tree. To feel the force of the impact, it must have been something big or fast.

The Skakdi were shouting conflicting commands to each other. “You absolute imbeciles! Get rid of all this water! We can’t move around in all of this,” the hissing voice commanded above the rest.

Viltia felt something move in the branches of the tree above her. Was there a third party in play? Should she and her Matoran friend try to escape? If only she had ever gotten combat experience or at least knew how to use her element. Right now she was a pretty worthless Toa. She touched her Kanohi as she tried to think of things she could possibly do. Oh yeah, I should have a Kanohi power now, too. Just another thing to add to the list of things I don’t know.

As the muddy half earth half water mush subsided, hissing voice ordered again, “It’s in that tree. Git your sorry excuse for a Skakdi body over here and combine powers with me. We need to bring it down.

Bring down! Bring down what? The tree?!

Viltia stood, turned to look at where she thought she had seen the Skakdi, and froze.

A smaller Electric Bug unevenly floated by. Its light revealing a towering mantis Rahi. It stood two Toa tall, natural chitin armor growing moss. Two giant bladed forearms glinted in the bobbing light. Huge mandibles covered a savage grin that Viltia immediately knew wasn’t natural but had to be a mutation. If memory of her insect books of the past served her right, then this had to be a Metru Mantis. But Metru Mantis were shorter and only fed on insects.

Viltia stared, horrified at the grin that seemed to unnaturally increase as its eyes recognized prey. This was no normal Metru Manis.

And it was staring her down.

Suddenly the large Metru Manis was struck by an invisible force. It took a few faltering steps but quickly responded and scurried off out of the glow of the Electric Bug. Was that impact vision?

I got it! No, wait, there it goes!” the hissing voice yelled.

Viltia looked down at the Matoran, who she just realized she didn’t even remeber the name of, nor even his element. “We need to go. Now.” She felt his shoulders shift forwards and backwards. He was probably nodding. “Let’s go!

Taking off in a sprint, she heard the Matoran following her, much slower due to his shorter frame. Viltia hadn’t thought about that. She was so used to being smaller.

I just saw somebuddy!” the gruff voice said as Viltia and the Matoran left the blue light of the Electric Bug and crashed through the swamp floor growth. She didn’t need to sense the plants to tell they were being followed this time. The Skakdi hooped and hollered at them, throwing insults, apparently forgetting about the Metru Mantis. They all made quite a ruckus as they ran.

Viltia had been traveling for awhile now. That, combined with the roller-coaster of emotions she had been through these last two days, and she was ready to sleep for the next week. Yet she pushed on, legs pumping as she tried to outrun her pursuers. In such tall undergrowth, hopefully they would miss the Matoran, who couldn’t keep up with her.

A dark mass sped through the green in front of her. A few seconds later a Skakdi cried out in pain and was silenced. The Metru Mantis could move that fast? Then it didn’t matter if she could escape the Skakdi or not.

Several more yards, another Skakdi yelled.

A minute later, another roared and the sound turned into a gurgle.

The muscles controlling her legs gave out and she fell to the muddy ground, breathing quickly. The Matoran somehow found her, grabbing her arm and trying to help her up. Viltia could tell he could barely stand himself. Finally he slumped down beside her in defeat.

That terror Rancor and his goons could be thanked for this whole mess. She wished so hard that that Skakdi had never been created. That he was erased out of time. Then she would have never been taken as a slave, and would have never wound up in this situation.

Two Skakdi arrived, somehow having seen them. Maybe they never lost them, even in the dim light. It was a little brighter out, Viltia supposed, too tired to even be afraid. But if they had seen her, then why didn't they use their powers? Was she to be a slave again?

By the way they laughed in disdain, she knew they were hissing voice and gruff voice. And then the torso of hissing voice fell from his bottom half. Gruff voice started, turning. Then his head toppled off his body. The Metru Mantis caught it with its mandibles, stuffing it in its wickedly grinning mouth. It towered over them.

The Matoran yelled out defiantly, pushing himself to one of the fallen Skakdi’s Zamor Launchers. His hands clasped around it and the Metru Mantis’ head struck swiftly and retracted. The Matoran lay there, asleep or dead.

The vengeful conviction of a protector filled Viltia’s body, though she was too exhausted to move. Her right hand gripped her axe crossbow, though it was too weak to lift it. She imagined death. She imagined death in the form of plants. She imagined the Rahi-eating pitchers. One so large that it would encompass even this Metru Mantis.

The Metru Mantis grinned madly as her, scuttling closer as it finished eating one of the Skakdi. It reacted with surprising speed as a large plant formed from nothingness around it. However, its speed was not enough as several muscular vines wrapped around it and dragged it back to the center of the forming mass. Its blades slashed and hacked, but for every vine it snapped and cut, two more had already grown and wrapped around it.

The four main petals of the pitcher plant weaved themselves together as they formed, the plant “tissue” forming an odd muscle system Viltia didn’t fully comprehend. When they finished forming, the dissolving agent on the inside started to flow as the large petals sealed against each other to form the pitcher shape that Viltia had seen before. The Metru Mantis, its bladed forearms now strapped harmlessly to its body, struggled in vain to free itself for the next four days before the new, massive, Rahi-eating pitcher plant had dissolved it enough to kill it.

Back in the present, however, Viltia lay there, staring at her creation as the Metru Mantis tried and failed to escape. She had done it! She wasn’t quite sure how she had done it, but she had done it nonetheless!

Oddly, she realized she didn’t feel as, well… full as she had been before. There was less of that inherent energy to call upon within her body. Or, maybe her mind was playing tricks on her? She only managed to turn her head to see the Heartlight still glowing on the Matoran before falling asleep.

She had done it though. She had protected him. She had used her element, not just felt it. She was truly a Toa.

OOC: Part 3 of 5

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish

"Defender appears to be running back to the settlement," the engineer reported. 

"He's probably going to try to shield the camp from within," Zaliyah replied, "It's nothing we can't handle."

The ship continued cruising towards the village, periodically firing plasma and pulse blasts down upon the target. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

"We're, uh, getting shot at, I think." Navu briefly explained to Zsann.

@Taka Nuvia@Tarn@ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Fire Ruins, Pipes Chamber)

"Alright, here goes nothing." Enra pulled the 'ignition' switch.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@~Xemnas~

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Correct," the medic said, wrapping bandages around any wounds still present on the pair of patients he was treating. "The captain has left the ship with a few other members of the crew and some hangers-on to board the vessels attacking us. I stayed behind to watch over M..." Triage paused, glanced to the Fa-Matoran next to him, then returned his attention to Zsann and Navu, "...you and the rest of this group. Along with the crewmembers still handling the Taku."

The medic looked over Exuze and Suhaku grimly and shook his head. He felt especially apologetic towards the Lesterin who he'd guided in treating the Po-Koro survivors. "Or, I'm at least trying to."

"Yaushe, meanwhile...is doing something."

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia@Toru Nui

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Metru-Koro 

As Karz-fire rained down upon Metru-Koro from on high, the matoran guard, faced with a foe that they cannot fight, began to flee from the walls of Metru-Koro and make there way towards the New Archives, a few of the matoran trying there best to minimize the damage from the airships weapons, putting out fires as best they can. But one matoran had another plan.

Twesh had been on the northwestern portion of the wall when the attack began, observing the pulse bolts streak through the sky with the use of the scope on his Matatu, various pieces of data on trajectory, velocity, altitude, and predicted travel path being presented on his masks reticle heads up display. Twesh could easily calculate that not even his best shot with his kanoka disk launcher could make any meaningful impact against the airships. 

Running threw various ideas on how to circumvent this problem, ranging from running out beyond the walls or using multiple disks to skip on against...Till one thought protruded back into his rambling mess of a mind...The Hagah Plasma Cannon.

Sliding down the ladder of the tower Twesh was in, he quickly began dashing through the streets, using his Matatu's hud to predict the pulse bolts predicted landing zone and avoiding the already blasted zones. Eventually reaching a large area near the eastern-side of Metru-Koro, this area being filled with a variety of scrap metal and loose salvage from Metru-Nui. One such piece being a tank, its treads and motors damaged so that it isn't capable of moving, but the cannon on it being functional.

Clambering into the gunnery position within the tank, Twesh quickly familiarized himself with the controls before surveying out the current battle situation. Looking back towards the West, Twesh saw two airships, both currently engaged with yet another airship, but to the South, was also an airship, this one seemingly heavily damaged given its proximity and low altitude. 

Twesh realized that once he started firing, the odds of him not getting immediate retaliation was unlikely, but he knew his duty and what he needed to do. Positioning the plasma cannon, Twesh began to calculate his shot and prepared to make his shot. From an outside view, Twesh would be the last one you would trust with a disk launcher or anything with a trigger, the nervous constantly twitching le-matoran not making for a capable sight, but to those who know him, Twesh has been said to be one of the best shots anyone has ever seen. And so, with a nervous ease that Twesh always seems to show, he aimed, and he fired upon the Razorfish.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

"Where I'm going? That's a good question..." Gore sat there for a bit, stroking the frills on his neck with his left hand as he thought to himself for several seconds before replying, "...I suppose, where the people are."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, (NPC) Voracious, (NPC) Preceptor, (NPC) Sagacious, (NPC) Asperity, (NPC) Clash

"Where I'm going? That's a good question..." Gore replied, "...I suppose, where the people are."

That was the vaguest garbage Cravious had ever heard. This Skakdi had absolutely no clue what he was doing. Yet somehow Cravious liked him. There was this odd charisma to him that one almost was forced to like.

He sighed, “Why are you looking for gatherings?

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

"Well, where there are people, there is food and hungry mouths...Perhaps I could even find some nice new ingredients I could use." Gore said the last part to himself as he started to think out loud.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

Over patches of tall grasses and shrubbery and through the muck and mud, Apex trudged forwards, her senses scouring the surroundings for all she could sense. The cries and croaks of various rahi were accompanied by the whines and hums of the insects that scurried to and fro. So many sounds there were and from so many direction they came from, it made it pointless for Apex to even try to determine from where the sounds came from. The air was thick and almost murky, as if a veil was draped across the canopy and between the trees. This haze, accompanied with the thickness of the foliage and vineyards that swooped from tree to tree made Apex's ability to see any farther than several bios difficult, especially with the potential of any camouflaged rahi or insects being an obvious worry within the swamp.

When Apex first peered into the Fau Swamp with her powers of shadow, it was an unintentional act and was shut off nearly immediately when the malignancy of the swamp was made known. But with the difficulty of seeing anything, Apex knew that to survive in this swamp and to find what she needed to find, she would have to use her unnatural powers to look beyond herself. Taking a moment, stopping on the edge of small, lily pad and algae covered pond within a relatively small and open clearing, Apex allowed herself to spread beyond, the shadows beneath and around her grew long and began to writhe and slither about, feeling around for an entire kio.

Through this, Apex could sense everything within this area and the Fau Swamp. Small families of pokawi meandering around the underbrush, feeding on whatever fruits, nuts, and relatively not-mutated insects they could find. Fikou spiders, lurking within their webs, ranging in size from as big as one's hand to nearly large enough to kill and consume and entire skakdi, a few of the webs having skakdi in them. But one thing she sensed that immediately took her attention was the rippling of the waters near her, as the gaping maw of a juvenile swamp stalker launched itself out.

Being lucky with her sensing the swamp stalker before it attacked, Apex was able to evade the attack. Now facing down the swamp stalker, Apex stared down the swamp stalker, the juvenile obviously unwilling to back down from its perceived prey. Apex kept her distance from this rahi, keeping her limbs, tail, and wings as close to her as she can, not wanting them to be grabbed by the juveniles strong jaws. Apex did not want to kill this specimen, for it was still young and didn't deserve such a fierce response, but she knew she couldn't just ignore this one's aggression. 

As Apex thought on the appropriate action that she needed to do, the young swamp stalker began to let out a low growl as it began to crawl forwards, about to pounce...Till, in an instinctive flare, Apex used her kraata to cause the stalker to hesitate, as the long shadows that were stretching out from Apex lashed out and pulled the stalker back. Following this display, Apex, running off of instincts, extended forwards her head and reared her wings and tail, increasing her apparent size, before letting out a bellowing roar, akin to that of an alpha muaka calling his pride to order. Faced with such a terrible display, and already caught unaware by Apex's unfamiliar abilities, the young swamp stalker quickly dashed away into the pond from whence it came from.

With a ruff, guttural chuckle, Apex thought to herself as the rippled of the pond began to settle, "Yes, flee, learn your place. I am the Apex and I have returned to restore this ecosystem." As Apex's senses returned to her immediate surroundings, Apex once again allowed her shadows out, and feeling through them, made her way through the Fau Swamp, searching for the ancient ruins long forgot.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 5:55 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Tranquility, The Bridge)

Ostrox dodged out of the way of Skorm's beams. A shame. He liked that swivel chair. "Now, where's he gone off to?" He asked the first officer.

"...All around us, sir." The Staffs of Presence were having difficulty connecting to an entity currently made of shadow.

"Hiding, are we?" Ostrox drew his sword, glancing all around him. "I don't know what's more insulting - your treason, or the fact you thought I'd fall for such obvious lies. You show up after over a week of being AWOL, right when I'm busy and my bridge is shrouded in shadow no less, claim you were on a super special secret mission the whole time, and then say I shouldn't destroy the servants of evil who refused our offer of peace because of... 'consequences'. Consequences I just can't be told, because reasons. As if you could comprehend the consequences of not destroying them..."

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Airspace, Tranquility Bridge)

The world Skorm saw when he was a shadow was one of contrasting negatives. The lightstones he had drained were already starting to return to their full brightness; Skorm had a limited window to hide. Though he barely heard Ostrox and the Vahki first officer, he recognized the staves the Vahki held: Presence... it could track him, read his very mind. Effectively, it nullified most advantage he could claim in this fight, and it knew it; back in the League, he had read reports that Rorzahk squads could track one matoran criminal to break up an entire crime ring.

Skorm's shadow form coalesced on the Vahki, and he reappeared above the Rorzahk, falling upon it; one wristblade went through its eye socked, the other directly into the top of its cranial processor. The enforcer crumpled beneath him; as Skorm rose, he finished off the twitching vahki with a shadow blast into its exposed head. His hands flexed and squeezed as he stared down Ostrox. "I was brainwashed by Takadox into serving with you. Objectively, the League won. I just want the fighting to stop; neither side is blameless. Your side, however, is bombarding a refugee settlement. Stand down now, or I finish this right now."

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

"There are no 'innocents'. There are only those who defy Mata Nui, and those who think themselves his 'favoured'." Ostrox readied himself for whatever Skorm could throw at him.

"Spoiler alert: there are no favourites. No-one will be spared if he should return, and he will return if those who worship him are allowed to live. You think you were brainwashed before?"

Ostrox failed to suppress a chuckle. "Killing you will be the nicest thing anyone's ever done for you. Just think of it as, uh, returning the favour. Hahahahaha..."

@Keeper of Kraata

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

As the lever was pulled, the sounds of operating machinery picked up. Big, heavy, parts began to move, out of sight. Metal clanged, steam hissed and the floor began to vibrate. 

Then, the hissing grew in intensity until it became uncomfortably loud. And then, suddenly, the pipes sticking out diagonally from pillar [3] and [2] erupted with molten slag, bursting forth in a shower of sparks and falling down towards the walkway! The puzzle solvers had to get out of the way to avoid getting burned and watched as the liquid metal poured down through the grated floor and gathered in a basin and began to rise quickly, casting them all in a reddish glow from below. 

If it kept pouring, the basin would fill up and overflow before long and they’d be in trouble. Just as that realization sunk in, the administrator spoke up: “Unsafe conditions detected, emergency shutdown initiated.”

The flow suddenly cut off as several of the pipes were disconnected. But even as the machinery shut down, Tuakana, still watching as things unfolded, suddenly found their eyes drawn to the forge: Halfway up its total height, a spiral symbol was glowing, now fading quickly as the heat subsided. The old aspect knew what this symbol meant: A taboo.

OOC: @Toru Nui @~Xemnas~ @Eyru @Nato the Traveler

IC [Pridak - Coliseum]:

I strode into my throne room, still reading my tablet, until coming to a stop in front of the large balcony facing towards the east. My Vahki escort stopped automatically at the doorway and took up position to either side. I gazed out over the vast expanse of the ruined city of legends towards the distant horizon of Zakaz beyond the massive empty eye socket. Somewhere out there, Zaliyah and the rest of the strike force were getting rid of the nuisance that was the refugee camp. Yes, yes, it had a name, but I wasn’t about to dignify that ragtag collection of hastily erected shelters as an actual Koro. They’d had their chance. To my disappointment, the air was rather hazy over the silver sea lake today, and I witnessed the distant explosions first hand.

That was too bad. But maybe come evening they’d be back with good news. In the meantime, I’d have myself an appetizer of what was to come with my present guests. I pinged the receptionist to send them in and put the tablet away into its pocket on my suit (one of the major improvements over earlier models.).

I waited by my throne, standing slightly off to the side, watching the door intently as the two Toa returned. Ohrash. Saybo. I acknowledged them wordlessly, and with a nod, indicated for them to step forward.

Come. Tell me something good.

OOC: @Tarn@Snelly@Kal the Guardian@EmperorWhenua

IC [Zataka - The Wastes]:

Whatever you need to tell yourself… Zataka thought, but this one she kept to herself. Her slightly cocked eyebrow and smirk said more than enough about how she felt about the ‘I-am-very-tough’ act. 

As for constantly having a weapon trained on her...she would be just as vigilant. The warrior discreetly let a bit of energy flow through her fingers, feeling the familiar sensation of power coursing through their tips as she followed the Skakdi aboard their ship. 

But, to Yumiwak’s credit, she spoke in defense of her companions, even helped them up. Whether this ‘clan’ was her actual family, or a found one - the Skakdi leader valued them, that much was clear - and the warlord respected that. Enough to offer her own name in return: 

“I am Zataka.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Right, clearly it's not that easy."

• Like 1

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Airspace, Tranquility Bridge)

"I reject your notions of a binary universe, Ostrox." Skorm leveled his hand at the Leaguer, charging it with light energy.

"I didn't 'switch sides,' I woke up and started fighting for what I wanted. And I know I'm not the only one; you can always take another option."

Skorm pivoted, and shot the remaining Vahki at the controls with a laser.

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Nale Vella - The Tranquility

Nale paused at the doorway to the bridge, commotion audible on the other side. The Toa of Magnetism raised her fist in a "hold" motion, gripping her spear tighter. The Toa flanking Nale seemed eager to get into some action. Maybe she was, too, but she was far more eager to end this before any more damage was done. The Fa-Toa was going to stick to her plan: deal with the crew, take control of the ship, and help the Taku and the village in any way they could. Crashing it was a last-ditch option.

Her hand lowered. "Kei, take point," Nale said, voice low, then backed away from the door to give the Av-Toa space. "See if you can bring this door down."

@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp@Keeper of Kraata@Toru Nui

IC: Korio Karasha - Wastes/The Panda

Korio followed behind as the motley crew boarded the Panda, keeping an eye on Zataka as the Vo-Skakdi said he would. His crossbow remained in his grasp the entire time.

As cool as her pants may have been, he didn't like this woman.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sans, Metru-Koro

After the infirmary, Sans rushed towards the western walls.  That'd be where the attack would come from, so that's where Sans needed to be.  He had spent considerable time training the entire survivor populace for this seemingly inevitable conflict, he was confident they at least wouldn't die lying down.  On his way, though, he passed a familiar sight.  Onepu had started an Ussal Crab corral of sorts, and it seemed some of the best crabs were missing.  Maybe they were being ridden as some sort of Matoran cavalry?  Many of the Ussals remained though.  Sans stopped his sprinting to ponder the sight.  Cute little Rahi, stuck in a pen while war was coming.  It wasn't right.  Sans had seen more than his fair share of Rahi in his day, especially fighting the bigger and scarier ones as a Toa.  Yet these creatures were nice.  They were friendly, and helpful, and they didn't deserve to just sit around waiting to die.  No one did.  So Sans opened the corral gate.  The blank stares between the Turaga and the Rahi might've felt uncomfortable if Sans had the time to feel anything but fear and adrenaline.  Yet after a few moments, one crab started moving.  Then the one behind it, and soon, all the Ussals in the pen began scurrying and scuttling out into the city.  Maybe some of them would even make it out of the city, who knows.  Sans couldn't stand around to watch them; this was no time for Rahi gazing.  Seeing the animals did remind Sans of Papy, though, and he mad eit a point to bolt as fast as his old legs would allow towards his hut.  And there was his tan Ussal, his animal expression seemingly filled with determination.  Sans mounted up, and rested his old legs as Papy carried him the remainder of the way to the western walls.  The crab climbed the walls, and Sans listened to what the nearest guard, Tiribomba, had to say.  Really, he just had to look where the Ta-Matoran pointed- out and up.  In the skies, the airships were fighting each other, mostly.  The Taku was involved, too, though at the moment it seemed to be flying away more than engaging.  Then there was one ascending higher, and higher... strange.  "That pilot knows some maneuvers, huhuhuhu," Sans chuckled to the Ta-Matoran as he slapped his fiery back and moved towards the center of the wall where the lone cannon lay.  Manning the gun was one of the guardsmen, Twesh.  Sans dismounted Papy as the bombs began to fall, making his way to the ear of the Le-Matoran.

"Twesh, I trust you know how to use that, huhuhuhu.  I'm gonna need you to point out the lead ship to me.  Is it the one you're firing on?  I've got an idea, huhuhuhu."

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Twesh (Metru-Koro)

Not risking on wasting time to see if the first shot he had fired to hit, Twesh had immediately fired another shot, making sure to adjust the variables to ensure that his next shot could hit as well. Firing the second shot, Twesh was about to fire a third one when a familiar face presented itself to him, Turaga Sans.

"Twesh, I trust you know how to use that, huhuhuhu.  I'm gonna need you to point out the lead ship to me.  Is it the one you're firing on?  I've got an idea, huhuhuhu."

Pointing up towards the airship that was positioning itself over Metru-Koro, Twesh responded, "Some-yes, tough-hard use, hope hit fly-bad ship. Idea? Plan-Good-Bad?"

OOC: @Azibo @Nato the Traveler

"You're gonna have to trust me on this.  Respect your elders and all that, huhuhuhuhu." Sans clambered over the cannon until he was crouching on the top.  As slow as the battle would allow, he squeezed his knees around the firing chute and allowed his feeble frame to swing beneath, hanging form the cannon like a brakas monkey.  "I'm sure the Matoran won't forget the sight of this," he thought to himself.  Sans always liked to portray a light-hearted and fearless exterior when working in front of the Matoran.  Truthfully, though, he was terrified.  At best, this plan still would likely kill him.  Yet he had to try anyways, as was his duty.

Once at the end of the tube, Sans whipped out his staff and stuck it inside for a bit.  He gripped the protruding end with all his might before activating his mask ever so slightly until he could feel the staff resting comfortably snug inside the chamber.  Then came the really adventurous part.  His legs released their cautious grip around the canon, until he was only hanging on to his staff.  "A brakas indeed, huhuhuhu!"  Sans hoped his jokes could be heard through the blasting bombs.  He looked up at the ship and hoped it wouldn't soon be spouting a blue smudge on the side.

"We get one shot at this, Twesh!  Don't hesitate just aim and shoot and trust in Destiny!"  Before Sans closed his eyes, he saw some Toa running towards the village.  "Friend? Foe? Who can tell these days, there's so many faces to remember.  If I'm not forgetting them, I hope I get to really meet them someday..." Sans stopped that train of thought, instead focusing his mind on his mask and his mission.  The Matoran would not die today.

OOC: @Smudge8 @Sparticus147

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

On 7/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Metru-Koro 

From an outside view, Twesh would be the last one you would trust with a disk launcher or anything with a trigger, the nervous constantly twitching le-matoran not making for a capable sight, but to those who know him, Twesh has been said to be one of the best shots anyone has ever seen. And so, with a nervous ease that Twesh always seems to show, he aimed, and he fired upon the Razorfish.

IC: ZaliyahThe Razorfish 

As their visual receptors registered the discharge of a cannon in the village below, the Vahki pilots swiftly estimated the threat posed by the weapon. 

The Razorfish was cruising close to the maximum effective range of its own weaponry, and whatever defences the village possessed would likely have a similar range. Unlike the airship, however, the settlement’s cannon was fighting gravity and the wind, and aiming for a miniscule, moving target.

The likelihood of the cannon successfully striking the airship at all, let alone on its very first shot after an unknown duration of inactivity was statistically insignificant, but the Vahki were not beings to take chances. Blind luck was a factor that could not be dismissed out of hand. The pilots decreased the ship’s speed and increased the weight to one side of the ship’s prow, causing it to abruptly swing onto a new trajectory that kept it fully out of the projectile’s path. 

“Well done,” Zaliyah thanked the pilots, watching the tank projectile slowly arc back towards the ground. She momentarily broke off her fire on the village as she waited for the ship to level out again, and resume its northward course. “Looks like the Matoran have teeth after all. Time to defang their defences.”

45 minutes ago, Sparticus147 said:

Not risking on wasting time to see if the first shot he had fired to hit, Twesh had immediately fired another shot, making sure to adjust the variables to ensure that his next shot could hit as well. Firing the second shot, Twesh was about to fire a third one when a familiar face presented itself to him, Turaga Sans.

Zaliyah was in the process of adjusting her aim to return fire when the Vahki shifted the ship again, adjusting the levitation towards the front of the ship to pull it upwards and to the side, once again swerving clear of another shot. Cursing, she waited for Vahki to steady the ship again. 

In a way, Zaliyah was actually glad the Matoran had fired back. Between this, and the attacks from the airship, the mission was starting to feel less like a slaughter, and more like the war Turaga Sans had so belligerently demanded. Hopefully he was down there, his defiance dying as his meagre defences were demolished around him. His Great Spirit was dead, his own spirit would be the next thing to break. 

Consulting her instruments to account for the ship’s current position and speed, and the direction and velocity of the wind, Zaliyah aimed the artillery cannon at the spot the two cannon blasts had issued from, and loosed a pulse bolt at it. 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Ollem - Suva of Stone

The Onu-Matoran stopped next to Mahrika. "Are you alright?" He asked, fidgeting with the Kakama that now rested on his face. It felt strange, alien even. And who was Forgemaster Dume...?

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

The Tiokaha pulled himself over the edge of the platform where sat his tree-nestled home, sighing heavily as he lay still for a moment. Fit as the Swamp had kept him, his old bones were not made for days-long journeys, such as the one he had just undertaken. After finding the corpse of Giruga, the great Manas that had perished after being exposed to the Av-Toa Kei's strange and unwholesome light, he had performed a rite for the beast, and made the days-long journey home, taking care to avoid the contaminated portion of the swamp. If his brief stint into the greater part of Zakaz had taught him anything, it was that the land was as dangerous and barren as it had been centuries ago, when he had last seen it. Nothing good came from there.

He sighed once more, and pulled up the ladder of vines that he used to climb into his shelter. He pulled the spear from his back; long as he'd been gone, the interior would likely be housing a squatter, which would have to be driven out. It struck him again, as it often had in the two millennia he'd lived in the Swamp, that his life would be much easier, had his Mark been Iaru rather than Muur. But, all must live with the lot they draw.

He brandished his spear, and threw open his door.

OOC: @Sparticus147 Morangad has yet to detect Apex's presence in the Swamp, but the Aspect might be drawn to the sound of him driving beasts out of his treehouse.

• Like 2

Without a pilot at the controls, the Tranquility began to slowly lose altitude. But Ostrox saw his opportunity to strike as Skorm busied himself with shooting the only thing keeping them airborne, and charged him with his sword of protosteel.

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Receptionist's Floor)

"Hello again." Achro said, stepping out of the elevator. "I'll need to speak with Lord Pridak about the Archives situation if you can slide me in somewhere."

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room, Ventilation Shaft)

Ceiling Waveahk is watching you annihilate.

Oh, the ex-Hunter hated himself for thinking of that, but it was just too irresistible. Anyway, Waveahk was still in the shaft just above Pridak's thrones, peering through the grate.

@Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Yeah, but in my defense, plumbing isn't my specialty. Maybe there's some way we can channel the excess stuff somewhere else?"

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@~Xemnas~

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro @Azibo

As Jephro crested the wall he saw a pulse bolt coming for their only defensive cannon. With a burst of gravity he knocked it off corse, but he was unable to keep it from impacting the city nearby. He sprinted up to the canon, out of breath. "Excuse Me! He shouted. "Has anyone Seen..." He caught sight of Sans. "Turuga! What in Mata-Nui's name are you doing?"

Edited by Smudge8

posted on mobile

Twesh was left to gawk at Turaga Sans as he mounted the cannon, so baffled was Twesh that he had nearly not noticed the bolt that was coming right for him till it was too late...Till at least a passing toa had diverted the bolt from striking the tank. Answering the toa's question, Twesh replied, "Plan-bad Sans-Turaga doing. Nearly cause bang-boom."

OOC: @Azibo @Smudge8

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro Deffense @Sparticus147 @Azibo

"I-I'm Jephro, I was keeping that one," He pointed at the razorfish, "at bay. I can probably get you up there much more safely. But you need to be careful, the've got some kind of new Vahki that can neutralize my gravity if I get too close."

Edited by Smudge8

"If you shoot me fast enough, Mata-Nui himself couldn't stop me, huhuhuhuhu."  Bombs exploded all around and through the sound the Turaga bellowed, "Come now, Jephro, best not keep Destiny waiting!  I'm ready, blast me!  Strike fast and true!"

OOC: @Smudge8

• Like 1

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro Defence @Azibo @Sparticus147

Jephro simply nodded and began channeling his element. He lightened Turaga Sans significantly and streigthened the connection between sans and the Razorfish to help guide the soon to be projectile in. "Good luck! If we survive this, there's a few things I'd like to ask you!" He turned to the Le-Matoran and gave him a thumbs up.

Edited by Smudge8

"I eagerly await your questions.  See ya later, huhuhu!" Sans' goofy exterior hid the fear inside.  He gripped that staff like his life depended on it- which in some ways was true.  He'd turn himself into a missile once he felt himself flying through the air.  He never particularly liked being high up; water tends to flatten and spread itself along the ground.  But he had to go up there and stop those who would harm the Matoran.  Sans had no choice but to do his duty, so he waited for the next moment and his ascension to the skies.

OOC: @Smudge8

posted on mobile

Looking between the turaga and the toa, Twesh started to feel a genuine sense of worry and concern. But being left with little say in the matter, Twesh began to make the appropriate calculations and guesstimations as to ensure the best outcome. Having witness the Airship evade his shots twice over, Twesh did his best to compensate for any sudden maneuvers the airship might make as well as accounting for, as best he could, for the unusual payload he is to fire. With the final calculations made and the trajectory established, Twesh fired the gun and prayed.

OOC: @Azibo @Smudge8

IC [Coliseum]:

The receptionist looked up from her work, and looked at the newcomer. She’d reviewed the list of names and their pictures (thank you Vahki visual surveillance records) to familiarize herself with Pridak’s agents.

“Ah yes of course. Achro, isn’t it? I am afraid Lord Pridak is currently in a meeting, but if you wish to come back later or wait, I can put you on today’s schedule?”

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika stretched, her back ached, “Yeah I’m fine. I … tend to adjust to my injuries quick.” She paused, looking at the disk in her hands. She had lasted all these millennia, enduring, adapting thanks to Vokarda. But this disk…

She looked to him and said, “Ollem, I am not familiar with Kanoka. My memory might be going, but I do not recognize disks with powers. But I think you do? They … they don’t run out do they? And do you know what the numbers written on it mean?” She held the Kanoka towards him, it’s paint had been stripped by sandstorms, but some blue paint still remained, as did the engraving of ‘223.’ 

OOC: @Burnmad

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

12 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

Without a pilot at the controls, the Tranquility began to slowly lose altitude. But Ostrox saw his opportunity to strike as Skorm busied himself with shooting the only thing keeping them airborne, and charged him with his sword of protosteel.

As the airship captain rushed Skorm, there was an audible BOOM from behind them. Keitara was angry, she was scared, and most importantly her fist was coated in a hardened layer of light which violently decompressed on impact, stoving in the hatchway. 

Behind the door, the Av-Toa came rushing in, shield held before her as both a line of defense and a highly effective battering ram. Gold and indigo light streamed from the onrushing figure, and a disk of light sat blazing in the shield's rhotuka launcher. With a yell, Keitara charged Osterox. Her stature may have been slight, but at that moment every inch of her was incandescent with fury.

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY MAN!" Kei bellowed like the wrath of gods.

(OOC: @Toru Nui, @Keeper of Kraata, @The UltimoScorp, @Tarn, @Conway)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
No more Vahki to boop :'<
  • Like 3

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

As Ostrox moved to strike Skorm, his attention was diverted to the bridge's door bursting open and another Toa charging him. Ostrox, being far too busy striking an opponent while he was striking at someone else, was unprepared for someone doing the exact same thing to him. "GRAAH!"

The force of impact threw him towards the ship's controls, sword still firmly in hand, damaging them further and accelerating the airship's descent.

The Tranquility was crashing, for real this time.

@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Tarn@The UltimoScorp

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Receptionist's Floor)

"Right, right, of course. I'll be... downstairs. Somewhere... is there some sort of waiting room? You know, uh, with cheap magazines and stuff."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

Sans watched as the purple Toa gave a thumbs up to the Le-Matoran manning the cannon.  The next thing he knew, he was flying.  Sans never had serious experience tampering with gravity, so the sensation of weightlessness was strange.  He wondered if all Ba-Matoran felt the same strangeness when they used their powers, or if they were naturally immune to that sick feeling in the stomach.  His thoughts cut short from the sound of the cannon blasting behind him.  He hoped he wouldn't be blasted by his own side, though his squinting eyes seemed to reassure him that the blast wasn't going to hit his feeble, blue frame.  

Sans raced through the sky and looked below at the fledgling city.  The upstart streets, the makeshift homes and the buildings borne of Matoran ingenuity.  He thought of home, there, and of homes he'd once known.  The rocky shores, the grassy plains, the mountains and the fields and the beaches.  The Matoran below and the Matoran above trapped and left behind inside that giant robot hovering somewhere out in space.  The faces he'd known and would never know again, both there and here.  Sans felt the impact of blasts around him.  The bombs bursting in air, and the glare of assault bringing war down onto Metru-Koro.  

Sans remembered why he was doing this.  For Korruhn, and Leklo, who he might never see again.  Taja, that humble hero who he knew would never fail to protect the good left in this damaged world.  Sans remembered Dume and his tattooed frame that hid mysteries that would forever go unsolved.  That big blue brute and that even bigger blue lady.  Sans had met so many good people in such short a time.  War has that effect.

As Sans saw his target growing in his squinted sights, he thought back to that lizard in Le-Metru.  Did it survive the crash?  Was it stomped by some invader without a second thought?  Could it have escaped the crash site and that silver sea to start anew in this world just as he had?  Sans would spend the rest of his life questioning the fate of that lizard- which may not be long at all.  

The Razorfish was almost upon him.  Even weightless, Sans knew his momentum would carry him through one side of the ship at least.  He hoped it wouldn't crash him through both sides entirely, or else he may not get to fight his fight at all.  Who could say what foes waited for him inside.  How many skulls he had to crack and how many bodies he had to leave behind him.  That ship must be turned around and sent back to the warlords who ordered its departure.  Destiny called, and again, Sans answered.  His Duty was clear.  His people, united.  The ship was approaching, and Sans braced for impact.

• Like 1

IC: Zaliyah – The Razorfish 

Spotting the familiar flash of the cannon firing below, Zaliyah braced herself as the Vahki began to engage evasive manoeuvres again, this time applying additional weight increase disks all throughout the undamaged left-hand side of the ship to drastically drag the vessel onto a new course. 

Zaliyah adjusted her aim to fire upon the enemy defences again, then frowned, leaned forward, and saw it: a lone, diminutive figure flying up towards the airship, a miniscule flicker of vibrant blue amidst the drab darkness and flickering flames of the village. For a moment, the sheer ludicrousness of the tactic stunned Zaliyah into inaction, until the comical crusader grew close enough for her to recognise him to be the very Turaga whose belligerence had brought on this bloodshed to begin with. 

As the would-be boarder drew within 300 bio of the Razorfish, Zaliyah squeezed the triggers on both of the ship’s guns – which were already pointed down towards where the Turaga had launched himself from – unleashing a burst of plasma and pulse blasts at the misguided old man. She charged and loosed a rhotuka as well, mentally guiding it to seek out the target even if he somehow managed to move in midair.  

IC: Sans, Metru-Koro Skies

Sans was prepared for the worst, but not for the less-than-worst.  The ship had ceased firing directly at the village, instead aiming for him.  There wasn't much he could do to maneuver, so he just reduced his frame what little it could, back to his normal size.  Then the blasts came.  All around, flurries of bright energy whizzed around him.  Frightening, but Sans couldn't turn back now even if he needed to.  He was on a collision course for the ship, and nothing would stop him now. 

A large clump of plasma tried, though.  Among the firing, this ball of energy slid beside him.  Had Jephro been any less than an expert of his craft, Sans might've been hurled into what amounted to a star.  Instead, Jephro's aim was spectacular, leaving Sans only hit by the blast, not incinerated on sight.  His flesh boiled and stung as the attack grazed his frame.  Sans would've cried out had the wind not taken his breath away.  He did cry though.  Tears came naturally for any water elemental.  The authoritative robes he borrowed from Dume's wardrobe fell away as their front side threads singed away.  Sans felt his limbs searing and his chest mangling under the heat of the plasma.  His tears fell away like a misty rain on a field and still he flew.  It was all he could do to keep his eyes open at any level, and to hold onto his staff, though it may have been fused to his hands by now.  

Sans was about to meet his target and possibly even his maker.  He concentrated through the pain and enlarged his frame again, until a Toa-sized hero crashed through the side of the airship.  Mata-Nui must still be protecting His people, because Sans didn't crash through the other side as he feared.  Instead, he only left a huge dent in the wall.  His frame falling to the floor let him know that Jephro had ceased his use of elemental energy on him, or maybe he was out of range by now, or maybe some foe had somehow switched it off.  Sans didn't really care for the how or why, all he cared about was not falling unconscious as his body fell on the floor.  

"*Cough. Cough.* " Sans stayed curled for a moment as his senses returned.  He hacked up Mata-Nui-knows-what liquid as he started to rise.  He exerted some of his own elemental energy to douse his own body, and as the steam rose from his burnt body, so too did his resolve rise inside his mind.  No matter the odds, Sans would defeat any foe.  The Matoran needed him to be the hero he always has been.  "For the Matoran," Sans said through a smokey voice box as he crossed his arms before him, staff planted in front of him as solidly as a stone.  His broiled feet stood firmly on the ground, and he waited for his first foe to come and fall to his fury.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1