Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Airspace, Atop the Wombat

Knichou could see two vahki on the bridge, but nobody else. The vahki could apparently see him too. One raised it's arm as if to say hello, while the other appeared to focused on controlling the airship's various systems. While he reached into his armor's backpack to grab his rifle, Knichou kept his eyes on the vahki that stared at him, waiting to see what it would do to attack. Weapon in hand, he took a glance at it to double check its status. He still had half the cylinder full of electrically charged lightstones, which would have to be good enough.

Before he began to take aim, his adaptive armor alerted him that there were new radio broadcasts in the vicinity. It clearly wasn't from Nale, but perhaps there was more information from Metru-Koro. Knichou had seen the last other airship floating incapacitated over the city, perhaps that commander had begun a surrender? Whatever the situation, Knichou had a feeling this would be the last opportunity for him to check what the status of the other teams were before the battle concluded.

After Knichou stood up and pressed a hotkey on his gauntlet, his adaptive armor armor tuned in it's communications sensors to the frequency of the nearest signal. The Toa continued to eye the two vahki on the bridge, waiting for them to inevitably begin shooting.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Poroka & Company | Aboard the Wombat

"Greetings, Toa."

The green Vahki's metallic voice crackles over the airwaves. The ship continues its swift trajectory towards the looming skull that houses Metru-Nui.

"You are in violation of multiple airspace codes. We request your immediate debarcation from this vessel."

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

“I haven’t conquered it, if that’s what you’re asking.” Zataka replied, the mention of bringing an entire island under her heel as casual as if it was just an errand one ran.
“The Skakdi of my world, their homeland is called Zakaz.”
The warlord gave a small shrug, taking her time to appreciate the cake in front of her first, though not to the point of sacrificing alertness. She was not going to let history remember her as the mighty Zataka that got taken out because of a piece of cake.
It looked good though...she was hungrier than she liked to admit. Still, she’d wait until Yumiwak had a taste. Her entourage was still so on edge, she couldn’t rule out the possibility that the Skakdi princess was trying to pull a fast one on her.

“What do you call yours?”

IC [Coliseum]:

Rose's words left me cold. I was going to kill them all anyway, what difference did it make whether I used her partner as a shield or put her down directly? The end result was the same. Not to mention the utter richness of these words from her of all people after the way they’d done in the horn lord! Hypocrites.

“Tell it to Carapar!” I snarled. I noticed her shifting shoulder behind her shield, and years of experience on the battlefield told me she was reaching for another weapon. Then, glass shattered. Rose glanced to see who had entered. Perfect. My blade flashed as it left its scabbard, ready to cut the Toa down where she stood. The strike would have landed too, if someone hadn’t decided now was also the perfect time to keep shooting at me.

The concussive blasts threw my aim off and I staggered sideways from the impact, bumping into one of the conjured rock barriers. There was a pinging sound as a piece of my collar armor chipped away. I quickly reversed my sword’s stroke, hoping to still catch the fire Toa with my blade.

And then I would have to deal with that mutant Steltian and Aurax. Fortunately, backup had arrived. At least my choice in office staff had not turned out to be a disappointment.

----

The Vortixx was surprised and caught off-guard, but had enough presence of mind to hold their breath and avoid inhaling the water. Everything was blurry of course, so they settled for pointing out the general direction of the levitating Toa, directing one of the Vahki to take him out. Saybo’s pistol shots went wide for the most part, but one managed to clip the Vahki in the mandible, disabling the Kanoka launcher. But since he was hovering around in the open, as soon as the enforcer got a visual, the control over water would be gone thanks to its nullifier core. But for now, the secretary ducked low behind the Vahki, reached for a stylus (they carried several), twisted off both ends and used it as a makeshift snorkel. They couldn’t help but think this was all a bit absurd.

Briefly protected by his wall of flame, Oreius scanned the warlord facing off with Rose for weaknesses. His mask immediately gave him indications of weak points in the armor: the flexible neck, under the arms, inner thighs and knee joints. All the areas that had to be less armored to allow for flexibility. The wound Waveahk had caused when his blade had found lucky purchase between the overlapping armor plating showed up too. The high collar of the armor also left a blind spot directly in Pridak’s back (though the proximity warning somewhat compensated for it). His Kanohi also highlighted a ‘weak constitution’ for the warlord in the armor itself, which was...odd.

Meanwhile, as Archo challenged the Toa’s control over his fiery barrier, the two Vahki focused on that side of the room, communicating in their own incomprehensible way, coordinated their response. One remained with Achro, supporting his efforts by firing a freeze Kanoka from its mandibles and trying to get a clear line of sight on Oreius, to suppress his element. The other quickly flipped into quadruped mode and used the very rock barriers Stannis had created as cover to get on the side of the two Toa Maru, flanking them with shots from its command staves.

----

Down on the ground level, Otis the ACR found the delivery entrance that would lead to the freight elevators, but its path was blocked. For one, the building was on lockdown, and the rolling shutters to the freight area were down. In addition, a duo of Nuurahk stood guard, the Vahki automatically assuming defensive stances as Otis approached. 

“The Coliseum is in lockdown, access is not permitted at this time. Leave the premises.” they vocalized.

OOC: Keep in mind that Oreius is the only one aware of those weaknesses right now, unless he starts sharing. Also, I'm waiting for Skyra to respond to the action from the last post. @Eyru@Toru Nui@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Mega - Yaushe's Van

Mega nodded to Triage with a smile. "Thanks, pumpkin. I reckon that would've been thunder outside, by the sounds of things... and by the fact we got a Toa of Lightning manning the ship, apparently."

Mega went to say something as Zsann wordlessly left, but was interrupted by noticing poor Navu wasn't doing well. She reluctantly left Triage's noodle-like arms to approach Navu. "Hey, it's okay. Just thunder out there."

~

IC: Yaushe - The Taku

It was almost as if things had settled. Nothing was exploding, she had one other ship to worry about but it seemed unable to use its main weapon. From the speaker in the pilot's seat came a sigh of relief. "Think it's almost over."

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Okuo - Archive Depths

Meltwater droplets splashed against fractured concrete and stone, the remains of the once pristine floor of a large hallway juncture deep underneath the once proud and serene district of Ko-Metru. Meltwater droplets, dripping down from an immense gash in the ceiling that was imperfectly filled by the colossal shard of a crystal tower, allowing the meagre light of the shadowed city ruins above to refract down and cast the chamber in a very slight glow. Small crustacean rahi gathered around the puddles of meltwater, lapping it up for hydration and basking in the meagre radiance afforded by the massive crystal from above. 

Coming upon the scene, Okuo couldn't help but wonder how the diverse wildlife that had survived the crash would acclimate down in the ruins of the archives. Invisible and silent on his board, the toa of fire made his way through, avoiding disturbing the crabs in their moment of nourishment and continuing on down an adjacent corridor, unaware of the tiny crab that had unwittingly hitched a ride and sat now confused on the invisible back of his board.

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

IC: Korruhn, Ice Ruins

Korruhn had almost forgotten where he was, and the company with him, until Leklo stepped through the doorway, dim orange light from the lantern cascading across his gleaming armor. It was probably the most welcoming sight that could have come through that doorway, although he still carried an apprehension. Leklo had been his longest friend and link to the Old World, and he could not decide how he thought Leklo would react to Korruhn's new appearance and abilities.

Leklo's first words spilled sloppily from his mouth, staccato and broken up by the shock. Korruhn had masked himself very well with his cloak; only his eyes could be seen piercing through the black void under his hood, and the fabric cast down his torso betrayed nothing of his new form. Despite all of this, Leklo knew Korruhn, perhaps even better than he knew himself. And although Korruhn was sure he didn't know what had changed, but the shadow Toa could not hide the fact that something had changed to his dear friend.

Korruhn's interest piqued, although only briefly visible, at Leklo's words about Sidra's shadow travel. The Ko-Toa had spent a significant amount of effort since he found his fate entwined with the forbidden knowledge learning of his new skills, and augmenting them, and he could not yet discern if Sidra's ability to move through shadow would be beneficial, or a detriment to him. No matter, these were details to attend to later. At the moment, he needed to explain to Leklo what he had learned.

Back on Metru-Nui, Ko-Matoran were known far and wide for their silent stoicism, not often relying on words to get their message across. Outsiders whispered of a secret telepathy shared by the denizens of Ko-Metru, but nobody outside of Ko-Metru had ever figured out what it really was: a form of non-verbal communication, relying on subtleties and nuance in both facial expressions and body language to communicate. It was almost a full language in itself, although generally shortened to morse code-esque messages.

I found something here, power. Shadow. Need to get away from the Hunter. Will explain. Leklo nodded silently, acknowledging his receipt of the brief message.

"Indeed," Korruhn replied to Leklo's statement, his baritone voice carrying through the chambers more than he would like. Thin wisps of shadow smoke exhausted from his mask as he spoke now, likely a side affect of the Taboo. "We've been here for too long. We have to get out of here and return to Sans, Mata Nui only knows what kind of trouble they've been up to since the incident at Sans' office."

Without awaiting a reply, or the Hunter, Korruhn turned on his heels and began to make his way back out of the chamber, and back to the surface.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC Yumiwak | Panda II 

I picked up my cake and had it like a prop as I thought things over, almost putting it in my mouth several times but stopping short each time. "Yes," I said nodding, pricing things together like dots in a puzzle drawing. "Yes. This... was a fertile land and we thrived here. We still do rule over all this land, and we will call it… also Zakaz—minus the 'also.'"

IC Stannis | Coliseum

[...] the two Vahki focused on that side of the room, communicating in their own incomprehensible way, coordinated their response. One remained with Achro, supporting his efforts by firing a freeze Kanoka from its mandibles and trying to get a clear line of sight on Oreius, to suppress his element. The other quickly flipped into quadruped mode and used the very rock barriers Stannis had created as cover to get on the side of the two Toa Maru, flanking them with shots from its command staves.

The old toa stood boldly in the face of the onslaught at first as he watched the field of battle unfold and deteriorate around him.  Time and space was seemingly unimportant to Stannis, as even under threat of vahki stun staves he chanted out his verses from The Scripts"Toa Jerah did prepareth vessels full of noodles and was unrighteous in the eyes of the Lord thy Great Spirit, for they were glutinous.His cloak billowed and whipped about like angry tentacles, perhaps from the wind that blew into the office again or perhaps by some will of its own, but the image was of a man with maddening stoicism framed by an unholy halo of darkness. 

His granite stance was reevaluated when a beam of energy burned through the cloak, only narrowly missing his body once again just like the kanoka from a moment earlier. The cloak suddenly stopped its billowing and smoothed itself out as if commanded to no longer flutter, causing Stannis to hastily cast the garment off before he knelt down behind a barricade of stonework. His recitation of devotionals did not stop, however. "They that praise the Lord shalt be spared the fleas; they shalt be immune to the scimitar. Give glory to the Great Spirit and thine drill shall be the drill that pierce'th the heavens!" He looked positively ancient, especially without the shroud of his cloak, and his body was mottled, scarred, and antiquitous in appearance. If toa were made in the image of what people expected them to resemble at the time, surely none alive would ever have imagined toa to look as Stannis did. His armor was angled in odd places, dulled in others, and though it was likely state-of-the-art at some point there was no question his body was a living relic from a bygone eon. Gone was the sagaciousness he presented from behind the veil of his cloak, and laid bare was his true primordial shape.

Momentarily shielded from the barrage of suppressing fire that only grew in intensity while Stannis crouched, he took the opportunity to wield the constructs he'd conjured for this occasion. He repositioned himself, back against the low wall, and he laid his remaining spear beside him and placed his hands down on the protocrete flooring. The floor was made of composites, a mixture of sand, minerals, metals, and binding agents, and as a result his elementalism was only fractionally as effective as usual, but he could still feel reverberations through the surface with more keenness than with his other senses. Without the din of the yelling and weaponsfire Stannis could understand what was happening beyond what his eyes could see, and muffled footfalls, both singular and collective, still echoed through the -crete as well as proximities could be discerned. He quickly realized that they were being flanked.

Clever vahki.

The machine's quadrupedal locomotion clanked fluidly across the protocrete, lumbering low enough to use Stannis' walls to its own advantage and taking opportunistic shots with its staves to keep cornering the two Maru. Unity, he mirthlessly thought, they are using unity. It had never been a Virtue the Toa Maru had excelled at practicing but since their dissolution Stannis had grown wiser in its precepts. More notably, he knew when it was prudent to use it and when it was not. The vahki, as a Matoran creation, had been programmed in the virtues without nonconformity, and so they executed Unity with an efficiency only machines could produce. Good. Unity could be foiled by fragmentation. Isolate the agents and the strategy falls apart.

His powers were not strong enough to wield the protocrete as his own extension but it had provided him with enough information to wield his boulders and walls effectively. Stannis clenched a fist around his spear and gestured obliquely with his other hand and as though they were a troupe of marionettes the stone moved to his bidding. Stone ground against the floor, shrieking and grinding against the polished surface and marring it where it passed, and with a resolute shout of "Repent, Pridak!" Stannis guided the collection of obstacles like a dozen fists that shot out to slam against the assailants, moving to crush the vahki and isolate the other fighters.

To Pridak, though, Stannis offered a different obstacle: Himself. The pathway was open, and the aged toa wielded his spear with resolution as he sprung to his feet and charged at the warlord. 

• Like 2

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

With a flick of Parnassus' wrist, shadows rose like lapping waves up Barius' broken body, squeezing at wounds and gashes, sealing them as best as could be managed given the circumstances. Meanwhile, the Aspect's gaze did not waver from Drukarus -- noting the ways that the Skakdi (not a warskak) seemed to look from Corrivalis, to the Aspect themself, to Barius.

"I see," Parnassus said. "I have to admit, I'm no stranger to leaving home either--"

--which was when the cavern began shaking. Parnassus dropped to one knee, instinctively drawing more shadows around themself like armour. They looked up, watching as at least one of their -- of Barius' -- new warskaks try and flee the scene. Stone crumbled, and the very earth seemed to groan underneath their feet, and for a moment, the Aspect found themself considering joining that warskak in retreat to the outside world.

But the outside world responded to that thought with a roar.

:Barius,: the Aspect shoot into the Skakdi's mind. :What is this?:

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler

IC: Irna | Outside Metru-Koro

Squeezing Keitara's shoulder, Irna tried to put aside what the young woman had learned about her -- what everyone had learned about her. That would be a bridge to cross later, granted that the village survived what was coming. She realized, with a pang, that she would have wanted to go with Irna and her new friend back to town, and wait with the maskbearer while she rested. She realized that she didn't Kei to have to worry about what she thought of her.

But, looking back to where Skorm and Ostrox stood, Irna also knew the truth -- that was business to finish before she could rest.

So she turned, and stood behind her fellow ex-Leaguer, slamming the butt of her spear into the sand.

And watching Ostrox.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

With a final, pensive glance back towards the mysterious Nuva chamber, Sidra quietly followed the others out of the temple. She hated the thought of walking away, leaving things unfinished, and was still ill-at-ease in the presence of the Toa. The pair clearly had history with each other, and plenty of reason to hate her. Once her usefulness was at an end, she knew she'd have to beat a very hasty retreat. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ultan, Ruins of Ice

Ultan had feared that these ruins of ice would be difficult to find amidst the snow-capped wasteland of the high mountains overlooking the distant city, itself shrouded in cloud and smoke. However, this prototype speeder the old Turaga had gifted him was a wonder indeed, its hidden features only revealed by a steady tinkering with its interface along the way. Upon entering in the coordinates of his destination, the speeder automatically went into autopilot, ducking and weaving around trees and canyon bends as smooth as silk. This gave Ultan time to explore its various knobs and levers, one of which deployed a second, smaller speeder from a secret compartment in the rear. This second speeder immediately roared to life and followed on its own auto-pilot trajectory. Ultan could not figure out how to recall it back, so behind him it trailed like a strange metal shadow. 

The coordinates turned true, and as sure as the mountains themselves the ancient ruin appeared from within the frosted woods, itself a towering structure of untold age. Ultan had little time to marvel at the abandoned fortress, for as soon as he brought his speeders to a halt, he was met with three cloaked figures exiting from its gargantuan entrance. He pulled down his cloak to expose his mask, lifting an empty hand to demonstrate his coming in peace. If these were not the heroes he had been sent to fetch, and instead enemies, he could always blind them with a blast of light and turn to flee.  

He had been told to look for two; the third caused him to raise his guard.

"I am looking for two - one Korruhn, and one Leklo," Ultan called out from across the snowbank. He kept one hand loosely gripped upon the throttle in the event that those he greeted did not welcome his arrival. "Metru-Koro burns, and I have been sent by its Turaga seeking their aid."

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @Nato the Traveler

Edited by The Captain
  • Like 1

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

Ostrox seemed more interested in Keitara falling unconscious than Skorm's threat. "That one has stopped working, I think."  He then turned back to Skorm. "Very well, I'll restrict myself to your tongue, as always. However, I'm afraid I've already told you too much. Secret mission, highly classified, things man was not meant to know, and so on. I'm sure you'll fill them in though, right Irna? About the Ripple, the Sphere, and the Coliseum? In the meantime, perhaps you'd like to take this somewhere more private? Like a dungeon, or torture chamber? Don't pretend you don't have any."

@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata@Conway@Tarn@The UltimoScorp

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Achro's patience was wearing thin. Why wasn't he killing yet? Because of that other Toa of Fire who dared to impede his path. He had now marked himself for death.

With surprising agility, considering the fungal growths latched to his form, Achro charged Oreius with his dual fire blades, maneuvering past the stones that would separate him from the Vahki. Perhaps shooting at him would have been wiser, but he had already committed to this plan, so what the heck.

Waveahk's patience was wearing thin. Pridak really should have been dead by now. He should have been dead a long time ago.

Yes, the Toa were unashamed hypocrites and zealots, and he'd happily abandon them if another option were available... but they hadn't been the ones who had him mutated for daring to call them out on their crimes, for trying to convince others to stand against them. They hadn't been the ones who made him a pariah, a freak of nature only accepted among murderers, hired goons and sadists. They hadn't been the ones who took everything from him, and doomed him to this. The battle had barely begun, and he was thirsty already. He knew that every drop of water, however vital, further twisted both his body and his mind.

He knew that the smart thing to do was to keep cover behind the throne and keep firing on Pridak while the Toa kept him distracted. But the desire to take his sword and plunge it into Pridak's chest was overwhelming, as was the urge to tear off his metal shell and rip the flesh from his bones. But that wouldn't be sensible, so he went with the sword thing. Leaping over the throne, he charged Pridak with his sword, intending to do more than just damage his armour this time.

@Vezok's Friend@Eyru@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

'Just thunder'. Oh, it was just a minor issue, just her eardrums bursting at the seams, nothing of consequence. Like her.

That was unfair. Mega didn’t mean anything by it. She was only trying to help. But that didn't stop Navu from briefly glaring at her before acting like nothing happened.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia@Tarn

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Yeah, I noticed them too, funnily enough. If you have a better idea of how to do this, please, go ahead." Enra was chafing, being surrounded by all this people who thought they knew better than her. Whether or not they actually did she wasn't sure, but that wasn't the point.

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@~Xemnas~

IC Leklo | Ice Ruins, outside

"We'll be back, Administrator," Leklo murmured in his gravely tone as he followed his friend out. He monitored Sidra from the corner of his eye, making sure she remained close—but not too close—to their heels. Whatever it was Kor had learned of or found in those pristine chambers was important or dangerous enough to be furtive about it with Sidra around. What had his friend gotten into? he wondered, though he was sure it had something to do with the small wisps of smoke that seeped from under his cloak like smoldering embers being suffocated by a blanket. 

He hoped it was not a curse. This land called Zakaz was rife with ancient maledictions, it seemed, and Kor was already something of an anathema with his dark and tentrilous appendage. He said nothing, not even in his native silent tongue, as they travelled up the elevator platform and back to the real world outside, and instead stewed on the matter with only ghosts for company in his thoughts. 

Upon exiting, the trio was immediately hailed by a toa with a familiar voice. "I am looking for two - one Korruhn, and one Leklo."  He'd heard this one before, he was sure of it, but when? and how? As they came closer, he realized who it was. A long time ago he'd met an odd Ta-Toa in an abandoned knowledge tower ruin in the Ko-Metru outskirts. Once Leklo—the the Alpinist—determined the was not a menace, just an odd hermit preferring the cold climate and shoulders of the ice district for company, he left him be and occasionally dropped small gifts to make sure the hermit was alright. Ultan; he finally remembered the name. 

The next thing the hermit said chilled his spine more than Kor's smoke, though. "Metru-Koro burns, and I have been sent by its Turaga seeking their aid."

"Well, #### me ####  ######. Way to ####### show up like this, Ultan."

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, Ruins of Ice

As the Shadow/Gravity Toa ascended the final steps out of the cavernous temple, his eyes were greeted by an assault of harsh sunlight. It seemed like forever since he'd seen the sun, although he had never experienced it's harshness to such a degree before. He drew the rune-laden hood of his cloak further over his face, obscuring his mask more and shading him from the intensity of the Zakaz sun. He suspected his attunement to shadow was increasing his sensitivity to light, but he would have to address this issue at a later date.

As his eyes adjusted, he could make out a lone Toa bearing a bright green mask, otherwise adorned in all black, and covered in runes not unlike that of Korruhn's cloak. He stood with a pair of speeders, withdrawing his hood from his face and raising his hand in the air. Korruhn recognized the figure, but he could not place him, even as he drew close to the three. He mentioned them by name, and Korruh began to put the pieces together. Two speeders; exactly what he and Leklo had had Sans procure for them while they were out at the Ruins. He was an emissary of the village, which unsettled Korruhn. Sans knew where they were, and knew they would not be returning for a few days.

"Metru-Koro burns, and I have been sent by its Turaga seeking their aid." Korruhn's ice blue eyes widened with concern. This was a new development. He had witnessed the threats uttered in Sans' office, but hadn't expected Pridak to strike this quickly. He looked to Leklo, and back to the emissary. Suddenly, his thoughts turned to twisted visions of collapsing ice towers, shifting ground, the entire world collapsing around him. Pridak. Korruhn's lifeblood turned to ice in his veins, and his servos tightened. He was nothing but a vessel for his rage, and shadow began exhausting more furiously than ever before.

"Korruhn. The Cartographer. I recall your name from Ko-Metru," Korruhn said, barely completing a comprehensible string of words. He would love to allow himself to feel excitement at reuniting with someone from Metru Nui. But he could not in these conditions.

"We need to leave, now," He said sternly. "If we hurry we can be there in a few hours."

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

As the others spoke, Sidra sat on a rock, calling back the Nektann she'd left roaming around outside the structure when she'd first entered. Something about the interior of the temple had severed her signal to the outside, and she was relieved to find the drone was still scouting the ziggurat as instructed. 

Forethought was something Sidra admittedly didn't give consideration to as often as she should. She was impulsive, prone to winging it and hoping for the best, relying less on planning, and more on her ability to teleport away from trouble. 

But consequences had a way of catching up with her, and the more she considered the prospect of going with these Toa back to their village, the more she realised how those consequences could close in. Leklo had implied he'd be willing to ignore her past infractions, and Korruhn seemed dismissive, but there was no reason that the other beings who'd witnessed her kill Dume and attack Tuyet's machine would extend the same courtesy. Even if the battle was still raging in the time it took them to get back, even if she played her part in helping resolve it, there was no guarantee that she wouldn't be tossed straight into a cage for her crimes. Even if they didn't do it straight away, the prospect that one of them might let the truth slip someday would always haunt her. 

She wasn't going to let herself live in fear. 

Besides, even though she held no love for the League, even though she'd pointedly avoided them for the past week, they were the only faction on the island that she knew would potentially be willing to take her in. She'd furthered their cause by killing Dume, and the information she had on Tuyet and her alleged paradoxes was another bargaining chip she could play. But if she fought against them today, that bridge would be burned before she could ever contemplate crossing it. 

She'd gone her whole life without taking sides. A couple of Toa being nice to her for a few hours was no reason for her to change her nature now. 

"I'm not going with you," she finally said. 

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @The Captain

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Right, here's hoping I didn't misinterpret anything.

IC: Rose - Pridak's Throne Room

Rose's optics looked back to Pridak just in time to see him swing at her. The Ta-Toa attempted to change position to put her riot shield between her and the League leader, but with little time to, instead exposed enough of her right side to allow the Takean's blade the clearance to cut through the very same part of her armor Kal had damaged back during the Silver Sea conflict, a weakpoint created by a quick and dirty repair. And unlike before, the strike found its way past the initial layer of protodermic metal and drew blood, crimson on crimson now dripping down Rose's arm from a noticeable gash, the Toa of Fire dropping her revolver in surprise and the weapon landing on the floor between her and Pridak with an audible clatter. Her first thought was a series of unrepeatable expletives stringed along in a manner almost poetic. Her second was wondering why she ever bothered with the shield when her Kanohi Hau was far more reliable. 

Pridak had invoked Carapar's name. Of course his death would be a sore spot, she thought. Admittedly, even Rose could recognize what had happened to the so-called "Horn Lord" was overkill. But he deserved it. They all did after what they had done, after what she had seen. Maybe there was some hypocrisy in how the Toa of Fire saw things--but if she noticed, she apparently didn't agree with the self-assessment. Even after all the times she'd questioned herself, Rose never changed, even after her honeymoon with Skyra briefly mellowed her. She would always be a means to an end, a walking weapon tasked with holding off armageddon for the people of Metru Nui. And now, she was doing that again, for what may have been the last time. 

Enraged, adrenaline pumping, Rose ripped her riot shield from her arm and flung it towards the League leader haphazardly. Her optics began scanning the floor for her lost weapon, as she gripped her wound and tried to halt the bleeding.

@EmperorWhenua@Snelly@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

IC: Triage - The Taku

The "thanks, pumpkin" was enough to make the medic's face feel warm and briefly distract him from what was happening, before reality returned to focus. Once Mega had pulled away to comfort Navu, the medic noticed his hands were trembling. Ah, Karz...

Triage was still relieved the sound had been thunder, not weapons fire. Hopefully Knichou's teams had succeeded.

"...Yaushe is manning the ship?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Knichou was surprised to hear the voice of the machine though his kanohi. He continued to stare at the Vahki as it droned on. After taking a second once the Vahki had finished 'speaking' to derisively snort at the oddity, Knichou activated his radio for a response.

"Greetings, Toaster, you are in violation of multiple airspace codes yourself. More specifically, Metru-Koro's air traffic guidelines, article F, section 21: Don't ####ing bombard Metru-Koro."

Knichou flicked the safety off his weapon in an exaggerated motion. Not that he thought Vahki could be intimidated, but the action did make Knichou feel slightly more cool on the inside, at least.

"I request that you immediately surrender before I'm forced to damage this vessel any further."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish

"I can't promise anything. Pridak's feud with Matoran-kind runs deep. The only thing he seemed to want more than your extinction was the return of the Mask of Creation, and when Sans refused that... well, here we are." 

IC: Poroka & Company | Aboard the Wombat

"Your noncompliance has been noted."

The green Vahki beeps thoughtfully as the Wombat continues its westward journey. Direct assault is necessary to activate combat subroutines. The Toa's threat, as blatant as it is, does not suffice. It will continue to pursue a nonviolent course of action.

"I am not programmed to negotiate surrender. Negotiations must be made through the captain of this vessel, who is currently engaged in combat with your compatriots. If you would like  to request an appointment, I can attempt to schedule one. It will likely require a temporary ceasefire."

The robot continues to stare up at Knichou. It cannot be intimidated. It does not consider this incapacity to be a weakness. But that is because it is also incapable of self-reflection. Even its own perception of its programming is shaped by its programming. It does not realize that it cannot be objective. But then, who does?

Knichou sighed, not that he was surprised by any means. Time to get to work.

"Well if you ever decide in the next few minutes that you'd prefer to make it off this ship in a functional condition, the safe word is 'I surrender'"

Knichou crouched down a few feet behind the bridge's window, and began absorbing the metal from the hull to create a hole. It was too small for him to fit through, but big enough to fit the barrel of his lightstone rifle through, with some free room to see his targets and aim the weapon. It may not be the most conventional firing position, but if it meant Knichou was mostly in cover behind the hull plating, it would be worth it. No point rushing in to be outnumbered - Knichou could wound them from this position of relative safety while he waited for Tekmo and Vulimai to deal with this 'captain'.

The Toa of Iron stuck the barrel of his lightstone rifle through the opening and took aim at the green Vahki, holding his breath as he began to pull the trigger.

Edited by BULiK

Knichou hesitated at the statement, puzzled. Nevertheless, he kept his finger on the trigger and his weapon pointed at the Vahki. It had to be bluffing. Could Vahki bluff?

"Turn off the engines, then, and don't make any sudden movements."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Sala (Le-Metru Nuva)

When Sala arrived at the graves with Sorilax, Torch, and the new Toa Viltia, he was left genuinely speechless. Not out of any sense of shock or surprise, but simply because of the pain he felt as so many more lives were lost. Every part of Sala was tense, his body language being reflected by the ACR which he was within, as the hands of Second Skin crushed down upon themselves and every servo and motor seemed to be ready to go off. In fact, it seemed like only the faint hum of Second Skin was present, the natural ambience of the Fau Swamp seemingly ceasing its usual buzzing out of respect, even for these outsiders to its domain.

Sala didn’t stay long, and silently refused to offer his usual prayer when asked by Sorilax. All that Sala wanted was to find someplace to be alone, and so, he returned to the elevator of Le-Metru Nuva and returned to the relative safety of the canopy.

Searching through the huts, passing by Matoran and other citizens of the village, Sala found a storage shed to hide out in, the same one he had visited before starting his journey with Sorilax. Entering the shed, Sala finally released some of the tension he felt, enough to exit Second Skin. 

Freed from the confines of the ACR, Sala made his way towards the corner of the room, passing the same ceramic pots which he had used to gather the yellow Fau berries not too long ago. The musky scent of the swamp was present within the somewhat cramped and dank shed, the added sickly-sweet scent of berries and the crisp scent of cut plantlife adding to the humid atmosphere.

And then, when he had at last situated himself within the corner of the storage room, the full weight of everything struck; Metru-Nui, Metru-Koro, Le-Metru Nuva. No place was safe, no place was without loss and pain, and Sala felt all the pain he had felt throughout the past week and more. 

Sala remembered himself and his fellow Matoran within Ta-Metru, preparing for whatever conflict was to come. He remembered the sudden confusion that swept across the city, the roars and battlecries of the League, the sudden gasp as every Matoran within the city bore sight of the horrific event that was occurring before them, before their final screams ran out.

Sala remembered the desperation that swept throughout the Matoran, some attempting to flee, some attempting to fight, and some, simply too stunned to do anything as they were cut down. Sala remembered himself and several others making their way towards the Great Furnace, where already, several other Matoran foundry and vat workers were at work, trying to sabotage the various systems and pipeways of the Furnace, trying to bring the whole building down before the League, sprawling across Ta-Metru, could arrive. And just as the League, completely surrounding and already breaching the Great Furnace itself could do anything, the entirety of Ta-Metru grew to be flooded with the vast amounts of molten protodermis that was housed within the Metru.

Sala remembered the sudden screams of the League soldiers as they came in, the sound being accompanied by the few screams of his fellow Matoran, those who couldn’t escape the downpour as it came. He remembered as those terrified screams were eventually drowned out by the cascading flow of molten death and the sounds of those swept away became gurgles and croaks. Sala remembered the horrific scent of burnt proto-shell and organics as they were melted down, molten protodermic-slag sweeping over and catching League and Matoran alike. And above all, Sala remembered the intensity of it, the heat and light of the protodermis as it rolled through the streets turning the dark night into day as it bored and ate its way through the streets.

And that was what Sala remembered when he was in Metru-Koro, as the great blue-white spheres of energy streaked through the skies, bringing death and doom upon Metru-Koro.

Metru-Koro, the thought of it brought an unsettling feeling into his gut as Sala curled up upon the floor of the shed, his silent and stifled sobs unheard to all others...Except for one. Upon the nape of Sala’s neck, a sensation could be felt, one in an attempt to be soothing one might say. As Sala started to register the feeling, he began to recognize the shimmering start-up that came with his new Kraata power, as if a protective field was starting to be formed around him. But as he took notice, the shimmering ceased and the motions of the Kraata receded back to normal.

“What, was that? Was it trying to protect me again? To comfort me? Sorilax said they had only simple minds but...It is a part of me, does that mean it can feel what I feel?” Sala wondered to himself before another figure made their presence known to him.

“Ah, there you are Sala, I was looking for you.” The Ta-Toa Torch said, taking a moment to take notice of Second Skin, standing inanimate near the door. “So, is this where this thing is going to be stored or..uhm…” Torch stood there for several odd seconds, taking note of the heavy feeling within the air, before approaching and taking a seat upon the floor next to the Su-Matoran.

“Sala, are you alright? I know that look, I saw it once before when I found you in Ta-Metru and for sometime after we left.” Torch said, placing his arm around Sala to comfort him...Before pulling away slightly at the touch of the Kraata upon Sala’s neck. “Sala...What is that?” Torch uttered, worry lining his voice.

“It's uh..uh..Kraata. I got it thanks to Sorilax. He used a ritual to implant it upon my neck, to help make sure that uh...uh…” Sala couldn’t finish his statement as the thought of Juno pierced back into his mind. Upon seeing Sala once again break into tears, Torch wrapped his arms around the Matoran comforting them as best he could. “It’s okay Sala, it’s okay. You don’t need to tell me the details, I’m sure it was the right choice.” “Ritual? What kind of ritual, and what is this Kraata business?” Torch wondered, momentarily distracted.

Gently taking the Su-Matoran by the shoulders, Torch turned Sala to look at him in the optics. “Sala, I need you to know something.” “Yes.” Sala responded in between hics and sobs, “You are strong, real strong. I mean as a chronicler, you must’ve been all across our world and seen so much stuff, doesn’t that take its own kind of strength?” Torch said, giving the Matoran a comforting smile.

“But, I don’t feel strong. I..I..I can’t do anything, nothing!” Sala said, casting his gaze back down, Torch immediately forcing the Matoran to look him back in the eyes. “Sala, Sala, look at me. You. Are. Strong. Say it with me. You. Are. Strong” “You, are strong?” Torch shook his head dismissively before looking back at Sala, “No no no, you are strong.”

Sala looked back towards Torch, registration flashing across his eyes, “I am strong?” “Exactly, you just need to hold onto that strength, as tightly as you can and never let it go.” By then, Sala’s tears had dried away and he was once again on his feet with Torch leading him by the hand. “There you go. Well, if you’re all good and set, I got some business to do.” Sala nodded, as Torch headed off, a few questions upon his mind.

As Sala stood there within the dimly lit shed, he turned towards Second Skin, “...hold onto that strength...and never let it go.” With that thought lingering within Sala’s head, he climbed into the ACR, and was greeted with that same sense of strength he first felt when he entered it. Within Second Skin, Sala felt strength, and he would never let it go.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

As the Kanoka flew, ready to strike at the large brute before her, one of the brute's serrated meat hooks for swords came into contact with it. As the Kanoka made contact, an immediate change began as the blade began to coalesce itself around the handle of itself, its form seemingly wrapping around itself as spikes, blades, and similar protrusions began to sprout from it, some of which began to dig into the brute's now trapped hand.

As Vulimai saw this happened, she kept her eyes on the Kanoka, and with her will, guided the Kanoka to strike out near the bulkhead near the brute, causing a similar affect to a small portion of the wall. The newly formed protrusion on the ship's hull wasn't large enough to get in the way, but could be potentially dangerous if one was thrown onto it perhaps.

Pulling out her halberd, Vulimai readied herself for whatever else might come.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Onaku

IC: Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

Awoken by the song of Dermis Turtles and the squawking of Fishing Birds, Gore got out of the relatively nice bunk that was offered to him last night. Slapping on his signature shades and flame-printed bowler shirt, Gore lazily made his way towards the kitchen, where upon he got himself the remaining plate of fish from last night. Sitting down at the nearby table, Gore used his heat vision to expertly reheat his food. About to dig in, Gore was interrupted when the Skakdi from last night who mentioned something about paperwork approached him.

After offering the Skakdi if she wanted some of the fish, which was politely denied, Gore was pressed upon seemingly heaps of paperwork and was practically forced/guided through the process that forming a business deal had. All the while, Gore appreciated the fact that even reheated, his fish was really good.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
Edited the Vulimai portion for more clarification
  • Like 1

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

For a moment, Iradra remained silent, ruminating. Finally, a tired sigh escaped her lips. "I'll go. I will try to speak for this village and pursue peace in Pridak's court."

Iradra sounded resigned, there was little hope in her words as she spoke them.

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish 

The words brought relief and fresh fear rushing through Zaliyah in equal measure. It was a victory, against the piety of the Matoran and the pessimism of the Barraki, but it felt hollow to her. If the attack had gone to plan - if the village hadn't been alerted to their approach, and if Druu hadn't turned on them - the refugees wouldn't have had time to prepare a defence or evacuate the civilians, and Zaliyah would have razed it all to ruins as ordered.

She'd been ready to do it, willing to do it, to those she had once called her kin.

This was as much her surrender as it was the enemy's. 

"I'm glad to hear someone among you has sense," she finally said, before switching to an open channel.

"This is Toa Zaliyah of the League of Six Kingdoms, calling all vessels in the vicinity!" She hoped this would work. "The battle is over!" She hoped they would listen. "The people of Metru-Koro have agreed to discuss terms!" She hoped she was making the right choice. "All ships, cease hostilities!" 

@Onaku @Toru Nui @BULiK @Eyru @Sparticus147 @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl @TL01 NUVA @The UltimoScorp (and anyone else I've missed)

• Like 5

Knichou's hud updated him that there was another suddenly spiking broadcast on an open channel. Curious if this was one of his comrades or *another* vahki trying to speak to him, Knichou quickly allowed his armor to listen in.

"kzzzst-yah of the League of Six Kingdoms, calling all vessels in the vicinity! The battle is over!" The people of Metru-Koro have agreed to discuss terms! All ships, cease hostilities!"

Knichou's eyebrows raised in surprised behind the visor of his kanohi. He spoke back on the Vahki's channel.

"That your captain? I'd suggest turning this ship around."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

A wall of flame erupted from the ground, blocking line of sight between Saybo and the new arrivals. He continued to dodge in mid air, tugging on the water in his canisters even as he concentrated on his Kanohi. There! He caught a glimpse of one of the Vahki through the flames and he re-aimed his pistol.

And drifted through the air, slowly coming to a halt. His elemental energy was there, but it refused to manifest itself. He pulled the trigger on his elemental gun. Nothing.

Nothing.

A small bit of emotion blossomed within him. Panic. He hungrily held on to the emotion, trying to fan the flames behind it. It was like tasting water after depriving yourself for three days in the hot desert sun. It was a cool, refreshing stream that washed over him and removed the accumulated sand and thirst just as much as it filled him with panic.

The Toa of Water, now powerless, came to a complete stop in the air. He floated there helplessly, mind focused on his singular emotion before it faded away completely. The Vahki didn’t have to try too hard, Saybo was hit by a bolt from one of its stun staffs as the gap in the flames continued to flicker open and closed.

The sphere around the Vortixx was gone, rushing over her body like a momentary waterfall. As the sphere dissolved, so too did the droplet on the Steltian a floor below.

OOC: @Eyru@Toru Nui@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sala

They all sat In the dimness of late evening around a fire within an iron bin, the smoke filling the air with the smell of memories past. Sorilax talked with the leaders of the village. There was Sala, Torch, Viltia, the green Voritxx, and another species. Matoran sat in the background, listening in. Sorilax further explained Aspects, warning of their goals and deals as before, but describing them in detail this time.

Sala was still in Second Skin and Sorilax wondered at how he was doing. Metru-Koro was worse enough. But Le-Metru Nuva? Their new home? Even in the dangerous Fau Swamp, each death stung like a blow from a giant hornet. Their absence being a constant reminder of the destruction of the past and the present.

Sorilax told them his conditions for accepting to do a desecration, along with how he still had plans to accomplish a Grand Wish, despite the potential risks to his view of morality. He would find a way to do it while following what he believed in or stop in his quest if things went too far.

Those gathered didn’t say much, thinking about what he had presented. Instead Viltia brought up his views on morality and capital punishment. If he wasn’t mistaken, there was anger behind her words. He answered, saying the same things as he had before he had left for Metru-Koro. She seemed satisfied with his answers.

At this point Torch chimed in, asking more in depth questions and offering an explanation for the questions in the form of a story about a Skakdi they had captured and how it was the same one from Viltia’s story. Sorilax understood the grave ramifications there and cautiously continued, standing firm on his beliefs and trying to articulate them well to the gathered crowd.

Eventually the talk died down and everyone not on guard went to sleep, thoughts rambling around their heads. Sorilax sat alone, allowing his entire focus while meditating this night to be upon himself and reflection of his actions and the ripples they had been causing. Ever since finding beings who believed in things just like he did, life had gotten a lot more complicated.

Morning came, and with it a plea from Viltia. There were three Matoran from her group still out there that they needed to find, and Sorilax knew the swamp better than anyone else in the village. The Aspect agreed to the request. Once afternoon came, he told Sala that they were heading out again. He feared the worst, but didn’t say anything. It had been roughly a week since the incident and he doubted they still lived.

Several long and treacherous hours and three graves later, his fears were fulfilled. They hadn’t found all of the bodies, but at least enough pieces of each to tell they weren’t all from the same Matoran. Viltia didn’t take it well. Sorilax let her be, not knowing her enough to offer proper condolences.

Instead he talked with Sala about his future plans and then he went to Torch. He told the Toa of Fire of his plan to continue research on his Grand Wish and how that entailed leaving the village. Torch hesitantly agreed. As a whole, the village was getting better with surviving on their own. And with Viltia around for added protection, the Aspect wasn’t needed as much. The last week had both disproved and proven that. Not to mention Sorilax achieving his Grand Wish would only help them in the long run.

And so Sala and Sorilax stood below the village, ready to head out into the swamp, hearts heavy with all the death that seemed to surround them but minds alert and wary of the swamp. Sorilax did his best to recall the nearest ruins, remembering a small ruin in what he hoped was the right direction.

He turned to Sala, who was in Second Skin. Has he stepped outside of it within this last day? Sorilax wondered. His mind wandered as he looked at his ACR and he got around to thinking about its name. Second Skin. It spoke to his natural needs as a gaseous being that required a host. Although, perhaps its name also spoke to his own selfishness as an Aspect. That it was his second body and not to be shared with others. He supposed the name was true in a sense that he had ownership over the machine and it was purchased to be an emergency second body, but he wasn’t sure he liked what the name implied about his moral character.

Sorilax turned to Sala, “Before we leave, I do believe my ACR has exceeded its original intentions and thus requires a name change. It is no longer just my Second Skin. It has become a tool for the furtherment of Moral Light and for the protection of our friends. Would you be so kind as to provide a suggestion?

Sorilax wants me to come up with a name for Second Skin.Sala thought to himself. Sala looked down towards the hands of Second Skin, pondering long and hard on Sorilax’s words. ...a tool for the furtherment of Moral Light and for the protection of our friends…Yes, that is what Second Skin is, what it was made for, and why not a name to suit that purpose. "How about, Avagah, Dawnguard?" Sala said with a smile as he looked back at Sorilax.

Sorilax nodded, a shadow hand scratching at his chin, “Yes. Yes! I do believe that to be a perfect replacement! Thank you Sala. Onward, to adventure!

The pair trod off into the Fau Swamp, cautious about their environment yet anticipating what the future could hold and what the ruins might reveal.

OOC: @Sparticus147 and also @Unreliable Narrator, Sala and Sorilax are now searching around the Fau Swamp for the Air Suva.

Sparticus provided Sala's part.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, 5 Vehicle NPCs

Cravious continued to sit outside, leaned back in his chair. His arms were crossed and his eyes were closed as he tried to get a quick nap in. Sagacious woke him up with a stack of paperwork. He grumbled, temper slightly flaring, but he knew he needed to finish reeling in Gore.

So he signed his half of everything and scooped it all up, dragging his chair back inside. It scraped on the protosteel floor but didn’t damage it. The noise was annoying nonetheless.

Cravious divided the papers into the two separate copies that they were and handed the one copy to Gore. “This seals the deal.” Someone flipped the garage door switch and it began to descend, the noise of gearing clanking away. “Now before you go, I have some questions about the technology level of this ‘Metru Nui’. What do you know of them? Did they have artificial intelligence? Could they fly?

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Added Saybo and Cravious to the post.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Nale Vella - Outside Metru-Koro

Nale's HUD indicated something was being broadcast. Maybe Knichou had good news, she thought, but instead when the Fa-Toa listened in she heard a message she hadn't expected to hear, from the last people she expected to hear it from.

"--s Toa Zaliyah of the League of Six Kingdoms, calling all vessels in the vicinity! The battle is over! The people of Metru-Koro have agreed to discuss terms! All ships, cease hostilities!" 

"Kat, wait," she said, reaching out for the Toa of Fire, her other hand over her audio receptor. "The attack, it's over. The League are standing down for now. They're...willing to discuss terms." With both sides taking losses, it didn't surprise her the League had come to this point, Nale just wasn't sure if the rest of her allies would believe it. 

@The UltimoScorp@TL01 NUVA

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

The Twi-Toa's head snapped to Kei as she sank to the ground. Irna had her, at least; they could recover back at the village. The night was eerily still; for now, at least, the battle had drawn to a halt, if not a conclusion.

"I don't have anything. Metru-Koro, the refugee settlement, has huts. You can continue explaining in one of those if you left any standing, since you're so insistent." He gestured the rhotuka launcher at the village. "Walk."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Conway @TL01 NUVA

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Korruhn, Ultan, and Leklo - Somewhere between the Ruins of Ice and Metru Koro

The Shadow Toa ignored the Dark Hunter, apathetic as to it's presence as it walked away toward whatever fate it would meet. He would have loved to tear the ventricle hoses from the beast for it's travesties against Metru Nui, but he knew there would be another opportunity another day. As Korruhn approached the speeder, his hands worked his way around his armor to ensure his cloak and weapons were secured for travel. Despite his new abilities, he still felt an unease about his attunement to shadow, and his ability to control it; though he knew a few swift swings of his hook swords would disembowel any foe of Metru Nui. Confident in their securement, his attention returned to the Toa, Ultan, and the man who had sent him.

Korruhn had come to have a great relationship, and even greater respect, for the leader of Metru Koro. Their initial meeting had been rocky, and the Ko-Toa dismissive of the apparent aloofness of the Turaga, but as they traveled together, fought together, and lost together, Korruhn had seen a rare side of the polarizing figure: one of compassion, and respect for all walks of life. He had been the Great Uniter; his wisdom brought together some of the greatest Matoran Metru Nui had ever known, and were it not for hi actions, Metru Koro would not have existed, and who knows where the citizens of Metru Nui would be at today if it weren't for him. He couldn't wait to get back to help his friend in his vision of carving out a new life for all citizens of Metru Nui.

Turning his attention back to the Toa Sans had sent, Korruhn's mind began cycling his name through it. Ultan. Ultan... The familiarity was unignorable, yet he could not place it. Leklo had recalled him, so surely Korruhn knew him too. He had met many an interesting character in his career as Cartographer, although his mind was usually consumed with the history of Metru Nui, and less so for the people. No matter. Sans had placed great trust in this man, and Korruhn would accept him as one of his own.

As he mounted the first speeder along with Ultan, Korruhn began to speak. "I recall your name, friend, but I cannot place it. Did you ever spend time in Ko-Metru, in the before-time?"
Ultan was caught off-guard, perplexed that the two he had been sent to recover seemed to recognize him. His life before the Great Catastrophe, the Great Calamity, the Great... he didn't know what to call it, was largely a fractured blur. He recalled vague stretches of time spent in the upper towers of Ko-Metru, where he had been close with an enclave of Ko-Matoran who shared like-minded interests. He did not recall any Toa though...

"Yes... yes I believe I called Ko-Metru home for a time, in the before times," Ultan said haltingly. He watched as their third companion set off on their own course as the two Toa quickly made themselves familiar with Sans's speeders. The one with the colorful language took the smaller of the two, while the one known as Korruhn - the Cartographer - shifted onto the rear seat of his own. Once the two were settled and the coordinates were entered, the two speeders throttled back to life down the snowbanks with speed to match their haste.

Though Ultan had his back turned to the Toa behind him, he could sense a strange aura radiating from his presence. He called back to him over the rev of the speeder engine: "Forgive me, my former life is a puzzle I am working out still. My landing in this strange place was... rough. I think... I think I once knew a Ko-Matoran Cartographer by the name of Kor...  Are you--or were you--him?"

Home. That word rattled Korruhn like a hammer blow to the side of the head. Feelings of guilt, of loss, of dare he say homelessness, crossed his mind. He recalled the gleaming spires of Ko-Metru, silent sentinels of knowledge which stood stoically over the icy landscape, watching over the ancient ruins buried and forgotten beneath. Korruhn, or the Cartographer as he once was, spent all of his time wandering the depths, studying the anatomy and the history of the illustrious city that was once his home. His maps were his life's work; anatomical diagrams of the Great Spirit himself. Until the Cataclysm, he had known nothing else other than the city, and those within it. And in an instant, the League decimated it. Eons of history, lost in an instant. A god, dead.

"The Cartographer..." Korruhn hesitated briefly, as though he had not heard it's utterance in a millennia. As though he was not that person anymore. His eyes moved to his right arm, jagged and scarred. What really was his destiny? "I was." He pointed to the decapitated head of the God, slowly melting and collapsing in the acid lake beyond. "Not anymore. There is no more history to record; no more city to map."

He pondered a moment, mulling over the name again. He thought he might have an idea who Ultan was, but he'd never know if he didn't ask. "I last spoke with you after I acquired... this" He pulled the cloak back from his arm, revealing the sickly hand print on his right forearm that had first entwined his destiny with shadow.

A wave of deja vu swept over Ultan. In a hot flash he recalled two Ko-Matoran entering his high-off abode seeking aid in their time of crisis. One had been cursed by some affliction, his arm twisted and deformed by some curse of unknown origin. Though he had been unable to give them answers, their arrival had set him off to seek out answers elsewhere... But where had he gone?

"So you are that Matoran, or were. I presume your friend here was likewise there, given he alone here seems to recall anything clearly?" He glanced over to see the Ko-Toa in question intently tinkering with his new toy between the passing blurs of snow-capped trees.

"I hope you have found more answers since... I'm afraid I am little but a collection of questions nowadays."

OOC: Part one of a jam post between myself, @The Captain, and @EmperorWhenua. More to follow shortly.

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, Ultan, and Leklo - Somewhere between the Ruins of Ice and Metru Koro

The Shadow Toa ignored the Dark Hunter, apathetic as to it's presence as it walked away toward whatever fate it would meet. He would have loved to tear the ventricle hoses from the beast for it's travesties against Metru Nui, but he knew there would be another opportunity another day. As Korruhn approached the speeder, his hands worked his way around his armor to ensure his cloak and weapons were secured for travel. Despite his new abilities, he still felt an unease about his attunement to shadow, and his ability to control it; though he knew a few swift swings of his hook swords would disembowel any foe of Metru Nui. Confident in their securement, his attention returned to the Toa, Ultan, and the man who had sent him.

Korruhn had come to have a great relationship, and even greater respect, for the leader of Metru Koro. Their initial meeting had been rocky, and the Ko-Toa dismissive of the apparent aloofness of the Turaga, but as they traveled together, fought together, and lost together, Korruhn had seen a rare side of the polarizing figure: one of compassion, and respect for all walks of life. He had been the Great Uniter; his wisdom brought together some of the greatest Matoran Metru Nui had ever known, and were it not for hi actions, Metru Koro would not have existed, and who knows where the citizens of Metru Nui would be at today if it weren't for him. He couldn't wait to get back to help his friend in his vision of carving out a new life for all citizens of Metru Nui.

Turning his attention back to the Toa Sans had sent, Korruhn's mind began cycling his name through it. Ultan. Ultan... The familiarity was unignorable, yet he could not place it. Leklo had recalled him, so surely Korruhn knew him too. He had met many an interesting character in his career as Cartographer, although his mind was usually consumed with the history of Metru Nui, and less so for the people. No matter. Sans had placed great trust in this man, and Korruhn would accept him as one of his own.

As he mounted the first speeder along with Ultan, Korruhn began to speak. "I recall your name, friend, but I cannot place it. Did you ever spend time in Ko-Metru, in the before-time?"

~~~

Ultan was caught off-guard, perplexed that the two he had been sent to recover seemed to recognize him. His life before the Great Catastrophe, the Great Calamity, the Great... he didn't know what to call it, was largely a fractured blur. He recalled vague stretches of time spent in the upper towers of Ko-Metru, where he had been close with an enclave of Ko-Matoran who shared like-minded interests. He did not recall any Toa though...

"Yes... yes I believe I called Ko-Metru home for a time, in the before times," Ultan said haltingly. He watched as their third companion set off on their own course as the two Toa quickly made themselves familiar with Sans's speeders. The one with the colorful language took the smaller of the two, while the one known as Korruhn - the Cartographer - shifted onto the rear seat of his own. Once the two were settled and the coordinates were entered, the two speeders throttled back to life down the snowbanks with speed to match their haste.

Though Ultan had his back turned to the Toa behind him, he could sense a strange aura radiating from his presence. He called back to him over the rev of the speeder engine: "Forgive me, my former life is a puzzle I am working out still. My landing in this strange place was... rough. I think... I think I once knew a Ko-Matoran cartographer by the name of Kor...  Are you--or were you--him?"

~~~

Home. That word rattled Korruhn like a hammer blow to the side of the head. Feelings of guilt, of loss, of dare he say homelessness, crossed his mind. He recalled the gleaming spires of Ko-Metru, silent sentinels of knowledge which stood stoically over the icy landscape, watching over the ancient ruins buried and forgotten beneath. Korruhn, or the Cartographer as he once was, spent all of his time wandering the depths, studying the anatomy and the history of the illustrious city that was once his home. His maps were his life's work; anatomical diagrams of the Great Spirit himself. Until the Cataclysm, he had known nothing else other than the city, and those within it. And in an instant, the League decimated it. Eons of history, lost in an instant. A god, dead.

"The Cartographer..." Korruhn hesitated briefly, as though he had not heard it's utterance in a millennia. As though he was not that person anymore. His eyes moved to his right arm, jagged and scarred. What really was his destiny? "I was." He pointed to the decapitated head of the God, slowly melting and collapsing in the acid lake beyond. "Not anymore. There is no more history to record; no more city to map."

He pondered a moment, mulling over the name again. He thought he might have an idea who Ultan was, but he'd never know if he didn't ask. "I last spoke with you after I acquired... this" He pulled the cloak back from his arm, revealing the sickly hand print on his right forearm that had first entwined his destiny with shadow.

~~~

A wave of deja vu swept over Ultan. In a hot flash he recalled two Ko-Matoran entering his high-off abode seeking aid in their time of crisis. One had been cursed by some affliction, his arm twisted and deformed by some curse of unknown origin. Though he had been unable to give them answers, their arrival had set him off to seek out answers elsewhere... But where had he gone?

"So you are that Matoran, or were. I presume your friend here was likewise there, given he alone here seems to recall anything clearly?" He glanced over to see the Ko-Toa in question intently tinkering with his new toy between the passing blurs of snow-capped trees.

"I hope you have found more answers since... I'm afraid I am little but a collection of questions nowadays."

IC: Ultan, Korruhn & Leklo; northern slopes above Metru-Koro

Ultan had yet to reckon with the cosmic-sized decapitated head slowly sinking along the fractured coastline. In truth, he had so little information to make sense of such a thing that it had been incomprehensible in his solitude. 

"If that was our world... what brought it down? Where are we?"

~~~

Korruhn let out a brief chuckle. Answers. It all started with questions, and it all ended with questions. No answers, just more questions. If only he had an answer... to anything at this point. "No answers. We gathered the Great Discs, met Dume, watched him die, witnessed Pridak and his filth destorying everything we ever loved, and now, we're here. When Dume granted us the status of Toa, the mark did something, inflicted me with shadow. Nuju knew of my curse, but he's long dead, and everything he learned is either destroyed, or trapped in there."  The Ko-Toa paused a moment, to allow the Toa to intake the enormous amount of information he just gave him. "The League of Six Kingdoms. It started slowly, at the fringe islands, from what I know. Next thing we knew, they were everywhere, and the city was falling. In the collapse, we were caught up trying to defend Metru Nui from the invaders, and didn't get a chance to find out what happened. I suspect all the answers are still back there; but the League has taken it as a fortress, and in the current situational climate, I haven't had a chance to return. We'd hoped to after exploring the Ruins you gathered us at, but instead, it seems the League has once again found a way to antagonize our people."

Korruhn's demeanor and tone grew more sour with each mention of the League; warlords and mongrels as they were. With each utterance, he felt hatred well up in his interals, like a great storm of lava bubbling inside a dangerouly compromised caldera. He could barely keep the surge back, but he knew he would get the chance to unleash all of his hatred, rage, and pain back unto the conquistadors that decimated his life, livelihood and home. He relished that day. "As for where we are: I haven't the faintest clue. This world is so foreign, and seemed to function without any knowledge of our world. But we'll have no answer until we can put these animals down, and get back into the ruins of Metru Nui."

"And where exactly -is- Metru Nui?"

The force of the speeders and Toa pushing the very air out of their way as they sped toward the village made Korruhn's cloak billow and sway with great intensity and regularity, as though it were the drum-beat of the world itself. Were he not so deep in thought and conversation, it would have been a great distraction. "Inside that head, melting now in the acid lake on the west coast. With the right pair of binoculars, you can almost see the Coliseum through it's eyes."

A long moment of silence was shared between the two as the dust of what was said settled.

"I know it's a Karz of a lot of information all at once," Korruhn empathized. "But, the safety of our citizens is of utmost importance right now. What was the situation when you left? Do you know what we can expect?"

~~~

"Karz..." Another flash, another amalgamation of images. A journey into despair... a darkened kingdom in disrepair... A towering madman... One Ultan had sought for answers... Who was the true madman then? A pair of dim, sunken eyes in a horned skull... Voice full of malice and exhaustion. A flaming chain lifted up and a flash of green, and then... everything went black.

A clue to return to another time.

"I... I awoke in a medbay alongside other refugees from the... crash. As I was regaining my full senses, a Turaga entered my chamber and enlisted my help. It seemed an attack was underway, though I did not know why or by whom. He simply sent me to fetch you and this Leklo, and gifted me with these admittedly remarkable speeders. I have been alone with my thoughts since our meeting."

Another pregnant pause.

"As for what we can expect," Ultan began, thinking back on the dire circumstances at his time of departure, "An air raid was underway as I was ushered to leave. Defenses were poor and many were caught unawares. I portend several possibilities, none of which give me great comfort. In truth, I know not if it was the League, or some other hostile force - only that the Turaga seemed to believe survival was improbable without the presence of you two here. I hope his bargain was worth it."

Edited by The Captain
  • Like 2

IC: Taku & Crew, Metru-Koro Airspace

By now the Taku was hovering above the settlement. On the bridge, Berys heard Zaliyah's radio transmission and excitedly relayed the information through the Taku's intercom.

"The League - they're calling a ceasefire!"

The two injured crew members were either in too much pain or too sedated to really respond. From the seat of the cargo crane, Arnex breathed a sigh of relief. It was over. Maybe.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Skyra Daring - Pridak's Crib -

Skyra felt herself being pulled very suddenly, without much time to really think about it, her jetpack's thrusters engaged and pulled back against the telekinetic force. It was working for the moment, but Skyra wasn't confident it would stay that way. She'd have to think of something quick, or this wasn't going to end well for her...

Rose and Pridak exchanged some words during all this, and at Pridak's mention of Carapar, Skyra laughed. Was it cruel to laugh in front of the deceased's uh, comrade? Friend? Clearly Pridak was mad at his death, or he wouldn't of mentioned him yeah? Well, it didn't really matter, he could call her a psychopath if he wanted, but she couldn't help but laugh. 

I mean I'm supposed to laugh if it's funny, yeah?

Skyra hadn't really been in a position to see who'd come through the window to join the fight, but she'd definitely heard the shattering of glass. Well, glass could be surprisingly useful in situations like this, especially when you were a Toa of Air. She'd heard roughly where the glass had fallen on the floor, and so without even glancing that way she summoned a powerful gust of wind to pick up the shards of glass as she sent it straight towards Pridak. He'd have to break his concentration one way or the other and then she'd be free. 

@Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Kal the Guardian@Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Barius - Irnakk's Tooth

Barius paused in the tunnel, Drukarus and Parnassus beside him, as the ground began to shake beneath, above, and all around him. Erupting so soon? He pondered. Irnakk must have been ravenous.

His conversation with his fellow warlord forgotten, Barius dropped to his knees, as much from reverence for the creature as from his weariness and wounds. More than when he was dueling Boss - more, even, than when he dangled from the precipice over the Nightmare Beast's gaping maw - he felt Irnakk around him in this moment. That god-like, chilling presence was the one thing in this world that Barius respected enough never to challenge, for its power was beyond mortal reach, and it could lay a Skak low, no matter his size. But as the volcano shook, he took solace in one fact: This display of power was for him. It was a declaration of favor; the deliverance of a gift to the one whose strength and cruelty had most pleased the horror.

A Skak ran. Barius let him go; he had already punished himself enough by revealing his own cowardice. Beside him, Parnassus whispered in his head: Barius, what is this?

He answered aloud. "Irnakk has sent its servant to give worship. We shall fashion the altar together, from the bones of our enemies."

Barius was not usually so reverent. But here, amid Irnakk's holy of holies, all steps were light, and all voices were a whisper.

He pushed himself, with some difficulty, back up to his feet. "Let us move. This place may soon become uninhabitable; and, in any case, I wish to see the newborn form that was fashioned from Boss." And assume control of it before it lays waste to my warband.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Conway

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

Morangad led his Aspect companion into the swamps. The path they took curved and twisted like a snake, dancing between landmarks as the Tiokaha navigated the treacherous, knee-deep waters. He did not explain his reasons for their frequent turns, though Apex could surely imagine what those might be; the swamp grew only more dangerous, the deeper they ventured within.

There were times when Morangad held a finger to his covered mouth, signaling the Aspect to silence, and waded slowly through the water, hand on his spear. At other times, he was loud and boisterous, deliberately making his presence known, so as to avoid a run-in with those few creatures in the Fau Swamp that simply wanted to be left alone. At this particular moment, he was relaxed. This portion of the swamp, it seemed, was not so dangerous-- at least, relative to the rest of the region.

"May I ask what you hope to find?" He spoke, suddenly, breaking a silence of some hours.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator We aren't ready to arrive quite yet, but while we're en route, I'd like to sort out exactly where we're arriving to. When I made Morangad, you told me all the things he would know about the Swamp; you mentioned he'd know the location of the Suva, but you didn't mention the Ruins of Air one way or another. Would he know where they are? If so, that's where he's leading Apex; otherwise, he would assume she's referring to the Suva, and so he would be leading her there.

In either case, we might run into @Kal the Guardian and Sala, as they're also searching the swamp at this moment.

• Like 6

IC Leklo | The Former Ice Region?

On 7/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, Nato the Traveler said:

"I'm not going with you," [Sidra] finally said. 

"Of course you're not," Leklo said somewhat harshly. It was a lawless accusation, an acceptance without tolerance. "Not to a warzone, not to a tragedy you may have helped create. Hear you me, Sidra—I may not hate you as much as some do, but I cannot absolve you of what you've done. Find your redemption, else others will." He could understand her weightlessness on this land called Zakaz, a free-spirit in a world that denied anyone safe anchorage or sense of direction, but he hoped she would discover a sense of morality if not purpose. 

Purpose. That was a thing that still teased Leklo's mind. He was raised to knighthood in the defense of Metru Nui, a defense that had ultimately failed, and he faced just as much uncertainty as his friend Kor did just without the darkness thing going on. And Leklio was still bewilderingly without his full toa abilities, the vast amount of his plasma powers still patent and simmering in his chest. He could still feel it ebb and froth from his heart whenever he was touched by some deep emotion, as though it all just begged for some unknowable sense to key the lock and release the power within, but it remained contained for now. It frustrated Leklo still that his friend attained power after power, and for all of Leklo's own ability to twist fate's strands around him he could not avail against the tape that constrained his own powers.

Purpose. Bereft of it, he simply made do, subject to make do in a world that always seemed to expect more out of him than the meager rations he could offer. Now, faced with the proposition of renewed combat and war, Leklo felt energized, eager almost, to test himself, learn, grow, and reclaim his absent Duty however he could.

He sat astride the other speeder while Korruhn and Ultan mounted the other and gripped the handlebars with dauntless glee. Falling was one of the least favorite things he could endure, but flying across the land was thrilling with one tenth the danger and he loved it. He turned to give Sidra a farewell salute—a peace sign, held aloft, though it could be an olive branch as much as a cruel reminder—before gunning the throttle and trailing just behind Kor and Ultan.

The air whipped comfortingly around him. It was chilly at such speeds, biting and cutting through his armor to his bare flesh beneath with reassuring needlepricks of cold. It reminded him of the winds that blew through the atmosphere of Ko-Metru, gusts of which threatened to dislodge alpinists and keystones alike with equal impunity, and harkened Leklo back to an easier time when he knew what his life was about and mysteries were a dim and far concept. And though Leklo did not command his old element, he still appreciated the familiarity of the cold. For him there would never be a better blanket than snow, and no better song than the howl of gales betwixt the towers.

He heard the two converse over the twin speeder's intercom system, thinking along and absorbing the landscape while they spoke.

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

"I... I awoke in a medbay alongside other refugees from the... crash. As I was regaining my full senses, a Turaga entered my chamber and enlisted me to help. It seemed an attack was underway, though I did not know why or by whom. He simply sent me to fetch you and this Leklo, and gifted me with these admittedly remarkable speeders. I have been alone with my thoughts since our meeting."

Another pregnant pause.

"As for what we can expect," Ultan began, thinking back on the dire circumstances at his time of departure, "An air raid was underway as I was ushered to leave. Defenses were poor and many were caught unawares. I portend several possibilities, none of which give me great comfort. In truth, I know not if it was the League, or some other hostile force - only that the Turaga seemed to believe survival was improbable without the presence of you two here. I hope his bargain was worth it."

"Metru Koro was never meant to be assailed like this," Leklo finally shared over PA. "But it is not defenseless. Metru Nui's best heroes from The War are still around, surely there would be some left to stand guard and protect the citizenry." He chewed his cheek a second, and then added, thinking of some small hope that might contribute to success. "Toa Stannis promised that he would aid Metru Koro in shoring it's defenses. Was he anywhere in the city when this happened?" he inquired. Leklo knew—moreover, heard account of—the old man's powers and bond of word; surely if he were around he could have at least predicted and perhaps even stalled the attack. 

Purpose. The old wizard had his own calling and felt it true even on this world called Zakaz. Why couldn't Leklo feel the same way?

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Yeah, I noticed them too, funnily enough. If you have a better idea of how to do this, please, go ahead." Enra was chafing, being surrounded by all this people who thought they knew better than her. Whether or not they actually did she wasn't sure, but that wasn't the point.

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

Ignoring Enra's apparent frustration, Xane considered the construct before him. He wasn't an engineer or expert, but he'd managed to get the group this far.

"It was two and three that failed, so let's reconnect them all, but make sure all of the pressure gauges read the same level," he suggested. "If something doesn't match, we swap some of the pipes around, try connecting them to different points." 

He set to work, not knowing if he was even on the right track.  

2 minutes ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Barius - Irnakk's Tooth

He pushed himself, with some difficulty, back up to his feet. "Let us move. This place may soon become uninhabitable; and, in any case, I wish to see the newborn form that was fashioned from Boss." And assume control of it before it lays waste to my warband.

IC: Corrivalis - Irnakk's Tooth

Trailing near the back of the party as they departed, Corrivalis clung to the rock wall as the tunnel shook around him. The dread that had plagued him since entering the caverns, and the unnatural fear Barius had inflicted on the group during their ascent, paled in significance to the very real panic filling him now. 

But despite every desperate instinct screaming at him to flee, his conditioning conquered his cowardice, and he clung to the wall, forcing himself to remain where he stood while he waited for his leader to speak. Only when Barius gave the order for them to continue did he begin a very brisk retreat from the tunnel, all too eager to see the sun again. 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:53 AM, Unreliable Narrator said:

And from the silver pool of starlight hidden in the core of Irnakk’s tooth he rose again. His body changed forever, towering over hills and carving new rivers in his wake. A crown of blades rested on his brow, great furrowed spines running from his head down along his reptilian tail. His hands were clawed and grasped the lip of the volcano as he was birthed in the fiery eruption of lava that filled the molten rivers of the Ash Barrens. 

IC: Marrow - Nightmare Pits

Despite the heat radiating forth from the erupting volcano, Marrow felt cold, an icy chill that permeated through to his very soul. He couldn't see the behemoth that was clawing its way forth from the chasm before him, but his every other sense was overwhelmed by its presence. 

He could hear the rock crack and scrape to accommodate the monster's girth, feel the ground quake around him, smell the raw reptilian reek of the creature, and he scrambled away from the ledge, crumpling himself against the furthest wall of the cavern for fear of being crushed. His sixth sense was the worst effected, utterly unable to comprehend the sheer enormity of the creature's elemental aura. 

He could sense that it was a being of water, just as Nektann had once been.

This was what Boss had become. This was what he and Drukarus had failed to prevent the creation of.

He'd heard tell of the Tahtorak, cowered deep underground on many occasions as their heavy footfalls and titanic battles rocked their surface. To be anywhere near such a force of nature when it rose from the volcano was a death sentence. To be this close to one, at the moment of its birth, put a fear in him so profound there was no word to encapsulate it. This was no majestic creature like Shagrak, it was a monster, borne of evil, made solely to destroy. 

Terrified tears tracked down his cheeks as he crouched there, curled almost in the fetal position, waiting for the sounds to cease. 

• Like 3

IC: Oreius | Pridak's Throne Room, the Coliseum

Oreius ducked behind one of Stannis's stone outcroppings, the Vahki's shot missing him by inches. Suddenly, he felt the wall of fire come under his control. His will unchallenged, the flames billowed up again, cutting off the Vahki's sightlines once more. 

He quickly realized why the other Toa of Fire was no longer fighting him for elemental control: Achro was choosing instead to attack him physically. Oreius barely managed to catch the other Toa's strikes on his own sword, bracing the blade with his free arm. The blades rang as they met, throwing sparks into the air. 

Both of Achro's swords briefly resting on his own, Oreius raised his free hand into a fist and struck at one of the blades.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Sidra – Ruins of Ice

Almost unconsciously, Sidra found herself waving farewell to the Toa as they departed. Leklo’s words stayed with her long after he and his companions had vanished from sight. Hate? A tragedy of her making? Who is he to judge me? 

But one word lingered after all of the others had been dismissed. 

Redemption. Was that what she wanted? Is that what I need?

She knew Leklo had been referring to the death of Dume, but she held no regret for the taking of the Turaga’s life. She’d been following her orders, completing her mission; were she a Toa, following their faith and fighting on their side, she would surely have been praised for doing her Duty. And after learning what he’d intended to do – rewriting history to restore a broken status quo – she’d felt all the more vindicated in extinguishing his existence.

But still, the mention of redemption taunted and haunted her in equal measure. Why?

Was there something she needed to redeem herself for? Not for the first time, Sidra wondered if her actions had in some way played a part in causing the death of the Great Spirit, and the crash on Zakaz. Had her mistake been in trying to prevent Tuyet from using her machine, or in allowing her to do it?

She didn’t know.

No one knew.

Someone has to.

And though she didn’t believe in Destiny in the same way the Matoran did, Sidra still wanted to believe that there was a purpose behind what happened in the universe, what happened to her, something that went beyond chaotic coincidence and contrived chance.

Her time spent in this realm so far had only reinforced that belief. Her search for answers had led to a Suva containing artifacts forged by Dume, then a reunion with the very Toa who had witnessed her kill him. Her erstwhile alliance with them had led to even more questions, further hints to Dume’s inexplicable history, and a puzzle that her journey to the Suva had seemingly given her the solution to.

Now the Toa were gone, and she was alone, with the puzzle and the possible answer.

She didn’t know if there truly was a point or purpose to anything that was happening, or whether it was all just wishful thinking on her part, but with the Toa indisposed, she knew she had a head start. It was a sign, she was sure of it. A sign that she had to stop following orders, stop looking for others to guide her path. She had to take her fate into her own hands.  

She activated her Kanohi, and was swiftly swallowed up by her shadow.

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

"Yes, I got that same impression about the skaks as well. Now, I am aware that ground defenses will do little against an aerial assault, but in that case the plan will be to retreat underground momentarily until the danger has been dealt with. What I am proposing is meant to combat the ground bent vehicles the local skaks employed in their previous attack."

Still hunched under the low roof, Arkius moved to exit the building, pausing in the doorway. "In any case, it's vital we get to work. I'll set up the defenses and work on matoran-sized passageways underground. Good luck, Kanohi."

@Harvali

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi nodded as Arkius left. Kanohi stared after him, before his compose collapsed and he falling flat on his back. He breathed heavily, trying to stay calm as he began to drum his mask-shaped armor. Trying, trying to use the beat to ground himself in reality. 

This, this was all on him. If the League attacked, or if the Skakdi came back, he had to lead them. It was, his decisions here and now decided if Po-Koro survived. And even if Arkius and Stannis believed in him he, he wasn’t experienced and he had no answers. He couldn’t know what would save the village, he couldn’t even make himself believe in the Kaita.

He, he tried. He really did. Brought it up at every chance, tried to make it an easy fix. But as much as he tried to focus on the Kaita as an answer to his doubts, that they could be worshipped even if Mata-Nui was dead, it rang hollow.

He, he kept thinking of the fall of Metru-Nui. The destruction, the chaos, Matoran screaming as the city collapsed around the. A-and Okoto’s swamp in flames. Mata-Nui had let it happen, he had ignored the destruction, the horror. And if he had, then Kaita had let it happen too.

He still could cling to Unity, but his faith was still shaken after the Turaga of Metru-Koro had fed into the war. How, how could the Turaga endanger his people so recklessly? His duty to his people, his unity with them? Seemingly thrown aside to spite the League. 

Kanohi swallowed, and shoved off the ground. Keep, keep calm. He needed to keep pretending he wasn’t so rattled, keep strong. H-he needed to, the Matoran of Po-Koro depended on him. And, and things were different here from Metru-Koro, Arkius continued to help the Matoran, Jovan did his best too, and the villagers for the most part stood united … perhaps too united. Bode, they should not ignore his crimes, not even for the same of unity. Not when he killed one of his own.

But the point was, he didn’t have the luxury to be overwhelmed. He had to protect Po-Koro, prepare it for raids, and hopefully find a way to appease the league. He shaking walked away, drawing his Kiril Staff to use it to support his weight. He walked away, he would do his rounds of the village, then go to the Forge. He needed to help forge more disks, and Sucordak wanted Him to learn how to make disks of weakening. He, he gather would learn something more constructive. 

As he walked along he could see Po-Matoran villagereally carving a stone sign for the Forge. The village had decided to honor the mask maker whose last act was trying to get help. The Forge of Vakama was small, humble, and a bit odd, which fit the Ta-Matoran well. He supposed it fit Kanohi as well. He walked on, to look for anything needing repairs.

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali