Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

"I am," she nodded, awkwardly looking around at the damage she'd wrought, but deciding better than to comment on it. "My crew and I intend to trek back to Metru Nui. Those who wish to speak with the League leaders would be wise to accompany me."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ostrox and Gnabol (Metru-Koro)

"Wai-wait, you know these people?" Gnabol asked Mazor as he called over to a group of Toa, something that looked like a Toa, at least from this distance, and... another Zyglak?

Meanwhile, Ostrox responded to Skorm’s promise of letting him go with skepticism. "You know, it’s odd. I don’t seem to believe..." But his attention was suddenly caught by Mazor. Instantly his expression changed from amused skepticism to cold hatred as he finally crossed paths with the wretch once again as he had sworn... and was powerless to exact justice upon him.

"YOU."

@Smudge8@Keeper of Kraata@Tarn@The UltimoScorp@TL01 NUVA@Conway

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"OK, uh, should we try disconnecting pillars one and two first? You know, a little trial and error?"

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@~Xemnas~

IC: Klawne (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

Klawne made her way to the ship, and the strange entity that served as its representative. Of course, 'strange' was losing all meaning, considering what she had discovered of these refugees over the past few days.

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Smudge8

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Maybe the goal isn't to connect all of the pipes," he replied, "Maybe we're supposed to use the bare minimum?" 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

She had never been too familiar with the village, having spent most of her time in the early days on Zakaz in Po-Koro, but Nale could tell after her short time in it before the attack that Metru-Koro had seen far better days.

The League airship that had been hovering over the broken settlement had ungracefully plummeted to the ground, no longer in a state to fight, its captain now at the mercy of a village that probably wanted her punished sooner than they'd accept a cease-fire. Nale wasn't suddenly going to ignore what the League had done to Metru-Koro, but was willing to do anything that avoided the mutually-assured-destruction she was beginning to believe would happen to the factions in this new and dangerous land. The Fa-Toa wanted to investigate the site where the airship had come down and get an idea of the situation, seeing that a few Metruans were already communicating with the League captain, but--

"YOU."

--she turned to the others, her cold blue optics focusing on Skorm and Irna's old ally, then on the new arrivals. "Who are these fellows?" she asked, like anyone wanting some random exposition at such a pivotal moment.

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui@Smudge8

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC [Coliseum]:

The Vortixx lunged, claws almost hitting the former dark hunter, but the blast knocked them back and sent them crashing to the floor. With a groan, they tucked and rolled out of the way in case the Steltian decided to follow up on the attack, before they tried to get back on their feet.

-----

Freedom

Yes, I would finally be free of this nuisance. At first, I hissed in response to the old Toa’s smile, he was so determined to take me with him to his grave, but I refused. I would make sure Stannis died knowing he’d failed.

And then, I mirrored his smile and activated my mask, concentrating all its power on his form, pushing him away from me. Behind him, the outside wind howled through the broken window he had shattered himself. 

“Go with your god.”

I could feel the tip of his spear retract from my flesh as the pressure lessened. With one massive effort, I yanked it free with my left hand, while my right twisted my blade and then yanked it backwards, out of him and his grasp. No longer anchored by any earthly bonds, the Toa flew backwards by my will, until there was nothing waiting for him anymore but the gaping void. And then I let go...and watched him fall.   

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

The fact that the near mythical creatures they’d just talked about were now confirmed to exist and were real enough that this Yumiwak apparently could tell it by just the noise went almost ignored. It registered, but after the Skakdi leader had confirmed the name of the land, Zataka was busy staring daggers at the table in front of her. 

Karz it...fools.” she hissed, though the remark was clearly not aimed at anyone present in the room. 

Suddenly, she stood up, too agitated to remain sitting, still muttering, hand scratching at the back of her neck while glancing around. “This was supposed to be fixed by now, what in the pit was she thinking!”

Then, regaining her composure, the titan stopped herself and dropped her hand, but it was still obvious she was seething.

IC [Nixie - Metru Koro]:

The astronomer had spent the battle hugging herself, braced against the wall of the cave. She half expected the cavern to collapse on top of them all, burying the survivors of the universe alive. Thankfully, even without the great spirit to watch over them, it didn’t. But...who won? She noticed Taja getting up, so the Matoran decided to carefully follow the Toa.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Eyru@Toru Nui@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Tarn@pokemonlover360

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

She did it without thinking -- grasping Ostrox firmly by the shoulder, unwilling to give him even an inch of leeway this close to the village -- and without seeing what he had seen, seeing the figure who had called out to her. Irna could have only expected that whoever had called her name must have been one of the Metru-Koroans, someone she had passed in the street one of these days -- maybe another villager who crowded into the Turaga's hut that day. She looked up without thinking.

Perhaps she should have thought a little more.

"You shouldn't be here," she said to the man -- more a corpse than anything else, the more she looked at him. "You shouldn't have come to this village."

OOC: @Smudge8 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Ocean (6, 13)

Viltia sat back in the crude saddle, closing her eyes for a moment to appreciate the wind rushing past. The cool touch of the air was refreshing after days spent in the sticky and clinging humidity of the Fau Swamp. She could feel the swamp below her as she traveled on the Kahu. The swamp was alive, full, and bursting with noxious colors as well as containing more of the mutated plants she felt in small groupings everywhere. They were much more numerous than Viltia liked to think about. What was causing the widespread mutation of the swamp? And could it be reversed?

Much to her surprise and happiness, her trip south took only half a day. Viltia knew if she had walked, it would have taken her one, maybe even two days of travel just one way.

She had to outrun a wandering Nui-Kopen once, but her Kahu performed admirably and her mask gave her just enough control to cause the Nui-Kopen to lose them. Yet another deadly, giant insect from the swamp that had tried to kill her. Viltia sighed. She used to like bugs. They were sometimes cute and always intriguing. Now they were annoying and dangerous. She touched her mask, wishing for some way to control insects as well as she could Rahi. Maybe Beruv’s work on Kanoka and Kanohi might prove useful after all. Viltia had never cared about Kanohi or their powers before, but now might be finally time to learn what was possible.

As she approached, the ocean stretched out wide and vast on the horizon in the noon sun. The island sloped away on her right and curved out on her left. She wasn’t sure, but she thought maybe there were islands out there. It was hard to tell from the atmospheric distortion in combination with no form of telescope.

As they came in for a landing, she noticed the swamp seemed as if it were cut off for the beach to form, so drastic was the change. The tall and gnarled trees of the swamp sat a good three Toa tall length from the water, the foliage around them thick, forming almost a wall of green. Viltia would have thought it beautiful before, now the awe of nature was intermingled with caution of lurking and hidden dangers. Anything could be waiting to spring from the barrier of the plants.

The Kahu flapped its wings hard before they hit the ground and it gently touched down. Viltia pat its head in thanks. It cooed at her and she closed her eyes, opening that mental aperture to release her elemental energy and shape the Green. Berries native to the Kahu’s diet formed in her hand, though they were a little too big, had used up more energy than she was proud of, and were very lopsided. The Kahu didn’t care and happily ate away as she dismounted.

Viltia removed the containers for sand from the second saddle and marveled at the bird Rahi. Back home Kahu had only been big enough to fit two Matoran. This one was large enough to seat two Toa. It didn’t seem to have a dangerous mutation like other Rahi in the swamp, but it sure was larger than it was supposed to be.

Placing the containers down, Viltia allowed herself to enjoy the smells around her. There was that slight stench of dying seaweed mingled with the salty freshness of the breeze from ocean spray as waves lapped at the shore, some impeded by rocks jutting up out of the water. As she stepped into the ocean and laid down, she felt the refreshing rejuvenation of tranquility that came with closing one’s eyes and just existing with the sound of waves and feeling them wash away one’s worries as they moved around and over her.

She stayed like that for some time, trusting the Kahu to caw a warning if something approached from the treeline. She let herself forget everything for those few, small, precious moments. She wasn’t a Toa, she had never suffered, and her friends had never died. She was nothing and nothing could touch her.

Some seaweed washed up on her leg and she felt that slight connection to it that came with being a Toa of the Green. It took her out of her peace and she sighed, a slight smile on her face. She was a Toa, her friends and her had suffered, and some of them were dead. But she had new friends and a new power. Happiness was a choice as much as an emotion. She would live grateful for what she had and would try to forget the past. She was glad she had come here to reorient herself.

She thought of the Skakdi locked up back at Le-Metru Nuva. Forget, but not forgive.

Grabbing the shovel she had brought along, Viltia opened the contains and began her work. It took a good half hour for her to finish, finally securing the lids in place. Sand was a lot heavier than it looked and she was glad she had brought several smaller containers and not just one big one. Loading them all onto the waiting Kahu, Viltia pat it one more time and climbed into the saddle.

The flight home took longer due to the extra weight and she let the Kahu take a couple breaks. By the time they arrived home to Le-Metru Nuva, it was a few hours into night time. Viltia unsaddled the Kahu and carried the sand down to the forging hut with the help of a Steltian. Viltia was warming up to having other species around. They provided assistance in a different way than she thought possible and they offered viewpoints she hadn’t ever thought about in her little village. Even that Zyglak, though he continued to curse her and the Matoran, continually worked to help everyone in the village. The Steltian and her left the containers of sand just inside the door of the forging building since no one was there.

Viltia blinked her optics, realizing how tired she was. Ocean air could really drain one’s energy. And riding the Kahu most of the day probably didn’t help. She trudged her way to the communal beds and fell asleep, her revenge on the Skakdi could wait another day. Plus she didn’t even have a plan yet. No, she could wait one more night.

Her dreams escaped her remembrance and her sleep was deep. She slowly awoke as the others around her started to stir and begin their days. She blinked open her optics, letting them focus after a night’s rest. Torch was there, standing at the foot of her bed. He looked, uneasy?

Viltia,” he started, his eyes burning into hers with an anger she knew he carried but hadn’t shown to her yet, “The Skakdi is gone.

Several emotions ran through her. Relief, anger, and… disappointment. She realized she had wanted to see that Skakdi suffer; to see the life ebb from his eyes. She hadn’t even realized she wanted that. How had he died? She had to know. But, how to ask in a way not to alert others to her deepest feelings? “Did… was it painless?

Torch shook his head, hands tightly gripping her armored shoulders, “No, Viltia. He’s gone. MISSING. I went to check up on him and to give him some lunch and the cage was empty!” Torch couldn’t look at her in the optics, “I couldn’t leave the village while you were away and the scouts I sent out couldn’t find him. I know how much his punishment meant to you. I’m sorry.”

Viltia was frozen, much like several other times in the swamp before finding Le-Metru Nuva. The Skakdi was… gone? She almost couldn’t comprehend it. Had he been hiding one of his powers? Did someone else find him? What have I done?! I should have killed him immediately!

Torch continued, “You should take the Kahu and go search for him. We found another Kahu that we’ve started to try and tame, so take however long you need.

Viltia was taken from her frozen state and looked at his optics. He seemed somewhat sad now. Now it was Viltia’s turn to be angry. A weird emotional energy overtook her body and she grabbed her axe crossbow, voice grim, “I’ll be back.” Her anger turned into hate and festered barely below the surface.

She saddled up the Kahu and was off, scouring the Fau Swamp for the escaped Skakdi. If she found him, he wouldn’t last long. This time Torch wouldn’t be there to stop her from doing the right thing.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

He’s distracted. 

Seeing an opportunity, as Pridak was focused on throwing Stannis out the window, Aurax crept up from behind him and swung his scythe at the warlord’s neck, hoping to separate his head from his body. 

IC, OTIS: Coliseum

The ACR did not respond to the two Vahki. Instead, it merely fired a shot from its cannon at the blocked path in order to open a hole to step through. 

As quickly as it could, the mech suit grabbed the two Vahki by their heads and smashed them together. 

Not bothering to look behind it, the suit continued to the freight elevator. 

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Okuo - Ko-Metru Underground

Coming upon the scene, Okuo was immediately intrigued. His thoughts drifted back to what he recalled of the day the world ended, the day he became a Toa, the day the League invaded the city. Their invasion had started in the heart of Ko-Metru and spread from there to the other districts. If his intuition was correct, such a feat had to have been accomplished with some kind of translocation device. Could this strange device be it? Okuo couldn't be certain, but he figured it was worth checking out. First, how ever, his attention was drawn to the dead Turaga, a Turaga of plasma half buried under rubble, clutching even in death a strange stone in one hand, with a noble Hau sitting on his face. Looking at it, it seemed to him that the Turaga had been killed by the debris crushing his chest. A horrible way to die, Okuo imagined.

Sighing, Okuo removed the mask from the Turaga's face, figuring it would be better served for a new purpose elsewhere than gathering dust and snow down here. Upon giving the corpse a closer look, how ever, his eyes caught sight of a small dagger, lying just beneath the rubble at the Turaga's side. Reaching in, Okuo grimaced as his arm scraped on the jagged rubble, before finally getting a hold of the dagger and extracting it from underneath. Looking it over, he recognised it as a Metru-Nui design, a Kanoka blade of some sort. He would inspect it closer later, for now he placed it in his rucksack along with the mask and moved on to the triangular frame and the terminals next to it.

Approaching the glitched yet still active terminal, Okuo crouched down, taking a look at the crystal still powering it, wracking his brain on where if anywhere he'd seen something like it before, and if he could recall what properties it had.

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Druu and Amarth - The Wombat

With Dar Poroka growing several sizes, Druu was flung off his leg and to the ground next to Amarth as the Vortixx tried to take down the Vahki blocking his powers. Druu groaned, getting up to his feet, before narrowing and subsequently widening his eyes at the now notably larger titan breaching through the top hull. "That can't be good..."

"HOW DARE YOU?! RETURN TO NORMAL SIZE SO I CAN FIGHT YOU PROPERLY!"

Druu peered his eyes, trying to look past the giant Poroka who surely was taking up most of the hallway. "Might want to get your priorities in order there, bub! I doubt ship is going to stay together for much longer!"

Meanwhile, Amarth could do little other than curse internally at the absurdity of the situation.

@Eyru@Toru Nui@Sparticus147

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

"Halt! Who goes there?!" Arkius boomed as he strode outside the village walls to meet the Vahki transport approaching the village, warily eyeing the vehicle as it drew closer.

@Toru Nui

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"I will accompany you. Do you have any means of returning to the city?"

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

"My legs have served me well enough. Once I'm closer I can radio for a pickup," she said. Assuming we have any airships left... 

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Narrowing his eyes, Skorm steadied his grip on the rhotuka launcher. "Easy, Ostrox. Don't forget the situation here." Though to tell the truth, part of him was glad the madman seemed to find another target to vent his bile.

He spotted the Hordika in front of the crumpled remains of one of the attacking airships; Zaliyah, he remembered. A curious individual, he recalled from his time in service to the League. Her armor was new, but it was hard not to recognize the Hordika. "Zaliyah," he called out. "Please tell me you're the one we can turn this prisoner over to?"

OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Smudge8 @Tarn

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

"Prisoner?" She glanced towards the voice, frowning at the sight of Skorm and Ostrox, "Oh, him? Sure." 

• Like 1

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

Defend Pridak and his allies.

Defend Pridak and his allies.

The thought wouldn’t go away. It drove Saybo’s body more than his mind did. He watched as Pridak retaliated against the old Toa of Stone. Still, he had to get there before anything worse could happen. He needed to-

Arms and legs pumping as he ran, his arm caught a firework round in a way that didn’t immediately detonate it, causing it to spin and impact him in his side under his arm. There was no pain from the impact. It didn’t drill through his armor nor cause any real scratches even.

Then it exploded.

Light and sound filled the air around him. His vision swam with dots as his optics tried to adjust. He was thrown from his feet and hit the ground hard, sliding across the ground and stopping against a stone barrier. Even through his armor and mechanical body, his inner organic protodermis could feel the heat of the exploded projectile. His thoughts swam about, as lazily forming as a relaxing day in a tropical pool. He tried to rise, to defend Pridak and his allies, but his head wouldn’t let him.

He barely registered his left arm; there were also pinpricks of heat embedded in it as well. He tried to look at his chest/stomach wound as best he could. The armor was sliding off of his body in the area the firework round had gone off, but it never left his form as it had already started cooling down. What did that mean to him? Weakened armor? Burns beneath? Was his mechanical ab function compromised?

Saybo had to defend Pridak. Nothing else mattered. He pushed up with his hands, knees on the ground. The Toa of Water almost slumped back to the ground and was forced to wait for his mind to fix his light-headedness before he could move again.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend

• Like 5

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

"I don't know," Taja answered. "It sounds like it might be."

The mouth of the cave opened before them into an expanse of dark sky. Huge swaths of the village had been obliterated, but some huts still stood. Most were rubble. Only one airship remained in the sky—Taja recognized it as the Taku by its silhouette. It seemed they had won, or at least survived for another day. Who knew if the attackers would be back?

And yet, Taja had a feeling that they really were gone. The night seemed to open itself up to her, and it felt like her senses were extending beyond their usual limits. She could see farther, hear more, and, if she wasn't imagining it, it almost felt like she could sense the emptiness of the sky. The darkness was unbroken, save by the bulk of the Taku, its deck lights glowing in the gloom.

"Yes," she said, more confidently now. "I think it's over."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Vezok's Friend

IC: Rose - Pridak's Throne Room

Rose pointed the smoking barrel of her revolver at the ceiling, not keen on causing any more friendly fire incidents, and began to step forward to do a quick check-up on her ally. You hurt? she'd ask, and if Saybo replied negative, then that was good. The Ta-Toa didn't see a need in apologizing. Accidents happened in wartime.

But as she moved closer, the Toa of Water was already attempting to get back up, acting more dazed than anything. Not even an expletive? A whine? Rose had expected Saybo to be very upset that she'd shot him. Something wasn't right. 

The presence of Vahki in the fight reminded Rose of her first time in Metru Nui, after her island had been attacked, and the culture shock of finding herself surrounded by tall buildings, automation, bright lights...and police-bots. The Ta-Toa recalled hearing of the abilities their staffs carried--but in the talk of crowds and vagrants and her being an outsider to the City of Legends, she didn't know what was truth or what was rumor at the time, but one in particular stood out: if you got too out of line, some Vahki could simply make you work by implanting a single order in your mind. Eventually, Rose had a run-in with a Matoran under the sway of these Staffs of Command and witnessed the effects firsthand: their optics would glaze over and they'd begin walking with intent, disregarding you even if you stood directly in their path.

She mused at the time that if one put a wall before a Matoran under the effect of the staffs and ordered them to punch their way through, they would do it before they even noticed their knuckles bleeding. Whether that was true or not, her ally's current behavior wasn't too far off.

Rose approached a damaged Saybo, her Hau expressionless as her shadow engulfed the other Toa, blue-fire optics gazing down on him. "What do you think you're doing?"

Her inflection was key.

What do you think you're doing?

@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro

As Zaliah and Iradra began to talk Jephro shiethed his swords and watched. "I'm sorry, I was expecting something else..."

IC: Mazor-Metru Koro

YOU!!!

Mazor stopped dead in his tracks as Ostrox locked eyes with him. How does he know me? Mata-Nui said everyone would forget. And of all the people to remember, why Ostrox?

Mazor turned to Gnabol and whispered. "It's a long story, I didn't expect to meet anyone here." He straitened up and tried to look as dignified as he could when he was extremely tired and carying four children. Three of them had just fallen back to sleep, but one of the ones in his arms was squirming like mad. He began to advance again slowly, unsure about how to proceed, He decided to try and ignore Ostrox.

"I can see this is a bad time. Were just looking for somewhere to stay overnight," He glanced at the skaklet in his arms who was prying at his chest armor. "And hopefully to drop off these little ones. We found them abandoned in the swamp, and they are a little much for us.

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Reliable Narrator | Keitara
Something slid within her mind, foreboding, unwelcome, happily at home. Keitara's dreams were strange. She walked through the planes of her past, struggling to remember, always forgetting with nothing but the bittersweet taste of ignorance to sedate her loss. In her dreams, her vision shifted and grew focused. It focused and flashed before her, drawing her far to the South over the hills and loam, through the winding poisonous swamp, and to a dark precipse overshooting the ocean covered in letters she couldn't read. A red sunset lingered. Far in the distance she made out a tiny island. And then another. 

And another. 

"Come," said a voice she remembered. Was it a friend? A foe? It echoed across the waves: "come."

Ooc: overdue, @TL01 NUVA

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, Metru Koro outskirts

It was a sinking feeling, a torrent of loss, confusion, and betrayal that swirled around the Toa's cloaked head as he watched the scene unfolding in the distant village: ships lowering in the vacuum of silence left by the end of the fight, ramparts and huts alike crumbled and smoldering; it seemed even the defense force had begun to lay down arms. The village had never been much, nor was it Korruhn's home for more than a few days, but the people within it were all that was left of his home, and now they capitulated to the League, as if they believed their maelstorm of violence, conquest and terror would suddenly cease in hopes for peace. In Korruhn's experience, the League had brought nothing but war and abject horror everywhere they went, and he couldn't even begin to fathom a scenario in which they remotely understood the concept of peace. He knew deep down, that if the League couldn't convince the citizens of Metru Koro to follow their thin line, they would force it upon them. It was their nature, and ever since they showed up in the Silver Sea, they had proved that. He was utterly sickened. In his mind, the Matoran were beings of honor and strength, not a pack of shuddering invertebrates willing to strike a deal with the first person to make their posture waver. Perhaps then, he was the different one, and not them.

Korruhn's conscious mind slipped back out of the whirlpool of thoughts to catch Leklo and Ultan speaking of home. Home. Korruhn thought he knew what home was; he thought that his home was among the Matoran people, no matter where they should go. He had left his peaceful life in isolation, and took a stand, believing that his Destiny lied in defending his people from any threat to them, and by extension, a threat to his home. But now, he had no known Destiny, he had no peace. And his home; his people, had given up. Maybe then, his home was really never among the Matoran populace, but back on Metru Nui, with the only two people he could trust and believe in.

His mind's eye began to draw elaborate images before him, as he had once done with his maps. He closed his eyes, and he could feel the encapsulating feeling of the icy Ko-Metru wind enveloping his torso, surrounding him in the comfortability and anonimity of blowing snows and blinding rays of light cascading off of the icy sheen that coated nearly ever surface in his homeland. From the glistening white surface rose great gleaming towers, standing as an effigy and testament to the will of the Matoran people, and their thirst for knowledge, their successes, and their unwavering strength in the face of the harshest conditions. Long, shiny tendrils tied these towers together, like the shared Destiny of the Matoran race, seemingly now long forgotten. And the ancient ruins. Although not well known to most of Metru Nui's citizenry, these silent sentinels spoke to the great history and advancement of the people, who had gone from creating elaborate and ornate geometric structures, carved with the stories and histories of Metru Nui's people, built by the bare, blistered hands of their forefathers, to the technological marvels of chute systems, networking systems, and the creature comforts most knew. He found nothing but great shame in the fact that most did not seek out the history of their people, nor did he have the time to teach it far and wide. If only he had inspired more to learn from the past, perhaps they would realize the grave mistake they were making now.

"Let's finish this war once and for all. I'm in with or without you, but I sure as The Pit hope you both are with me." The words resonated through Korruhn's skull like a gong. Even if the Matoran people would not have the bravery to do what must be done, he had found the last two people left who would. A miniscule smile crossed his mask. Even if he could no longer save the Matoran people, he and his companions could ensure that Metru Nui would not be forgotten, and that the League would burn at the stake for their crimes.

"Metru Nui will not be forgotten. If we have to go all the way to Karzahni to have the heads of the League on a platter, I'll gladly take my seat at Karzahni's table."

With nothing but a nod of agreement between the three, they fired up their speeders, and set off toward the godhead, and Destiny.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @The Captain

• Like 3

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

As the brute Poroka began to grow and tear through the airship's foundations, Vulimai was toss against the walls, and although she did her best to brace herself, not even her frame could stop the bruises that were sure to appear the next day.

"HOW DARE YOU?! RETURN TO NORMAL SIZE SO I CAN FIGHT YOU PROPERLY!"

"Might want to get your priorities in order there, bub! I doubt ship is going to stay together for much longer!"

Righting herself and turning towards Tekmo, Vulimai grabbed the Toa by his shoulders, "Get a hold of yourself Toa, we still got a job to do and this brute just limited our options." Shoving her level five weakening disk into the Tekmo's hands, Vulimai pointed towards the aft end of the airship. "With this disk and your powers, you should be able to make quick work of this place." 

Trusting that Tekmo would get to work, Vulimai turned back towards the Skadki and the Vortixx. Pointing to Druu, Vulimai called out to the Ta-Skakdi, "You, I don't care if your League or otherwise, but this brute is about to bring this ship down. If you want to help us, join Toa Tekmo here and get to work on the aft end of the ship. You there, Vortixx, you got a keen eye I'm sure, help me find a way off of this death ship for us ALL."

Although Vulimai was only around half the height, if not less, to the surrounding audience, she spoke with authority and determination, as a captain should, and she would not take no for an answer.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Onaku

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Barius - Irnakk's Tooth

The pale-grey Skak fled from the Nightmare Pits alongside his companions. Though Parnassus' shadows applied pressure to his many wounds, he still walked a bit more slowly than his panicked companions, gradually drifting to the back of the group as they neared the cave mouth. But that suited him just fine.

As they exited the caves which Boss had so recently led them into, Barius was bringing up the rear of the group. When there was no longer a ceiling of stone over their heads, he stood at the precipice of the mountain trail, he raised his hands in victory, and echoed the Tahtorak's mournful call with a war cry loud enough that even the Warband far below could hear.

He stood there for a long moment, savoring the feeling of looking down upon the warband that would now bow to his command, before turning to begin the trek down the mountain.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Conway

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

Morangad was contemplating the strange Taboos the Aspect had spoken of, when his attention was momentarily diverted by her hate-filled mention of Skakdi.

"Nektann?" He repeated. "I do not know the Skakdi you speak of. It has been many centuries since I have kept up with their wretched doings..."

There was a time when he had sought vengeance upon the Skakdi, but though his hatred has not waned, it had been tempered with reason. He was but one man; he could not hope to take on their strange abilities and abominable war machines alone.

However, the way Apex spat the Skakdi's name suggested that, perhaps, he may no longer be alone. "Why do you ask?" He queried, voice tinged with hopeful curiosity.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 2

OOC: Part 2 of the jam between myself and UN. On mobile again so formatting is worse than usual. 

APOSTLE VS APOSTATE

IC: 

She walked with her eyes open and watched the stars scream by. Constellations changed, reset, and vanished to be replaced with an older age. Tuyet’s concentration flickered between the realms of worlds born and dead. The beat of her heartlight matched the pace of her footsteps into the past, Atamai’s hand gripped tightly in her own. Their feet stayed rooted to the ground, and yet they flew. 

Fear crashed against the walls of her concentration. She’d made a jump in time before, but never with someone else. As he walked forwards into the past her memories blended with Atamai’s, and she felt herself distorting.

Which Tuyet was she?

Did she rule an empire?

Did she die in prison?

Did she care?

Time returned to its natural order of inevitable decay with the rushing of wind and the buffetting of air against their bodies. Tuyet looked down, her eyes widening behind her mask as she saw the glittering ocean far, far below. She twisted her neck, craning to see what happened. She saw only the moon above.

And only the ocean below.

“This isn’t right?! Where’s Onu-Metru?” Tuyet shouted over the rushing wind. Her hand found Atamai’s again as they continued their terrifying plunge.

Atamai screamed as they fell. He had to act fast. 

“MataNuiPleasegrantmethepowertoteleportmyselfandotherstothenearestsolidgroundgiventhatitiswithin1000bionearmeAmen.”

He talked so fast that he was afraid that his mask wouldn’t register his command. A second that felt like an eternity passed. They fell through a cloud. And then:

“Input: accepted”.

Without hesitating, Atamai activated his mask, and he and Tuyet were whisked away. Tuyet screamed and then her feet touched solid land. Her knees buckled.

She ate dirt. 

“I’m good! I’m good. This is fine, this is fine, this is totally fine, this is totally not fine! She shouted the last bit after spitting the warm volcanic soil out of her mouth. She punched the ground and staggered back to her feet after the rough landing.

They were on the side of a massive volcano. It towered over the landscape, and filled the night with a red glow far beyond the distant edge of the island to the East. Something out in the ocean glittered: two towers extending into the sky. From their position on the side of the volcano, they saw the magma flows leading down, a city nestled along the volcanic riverside with its evening lights aglow, and a sandy beach kissing the rising tide of the dark ocean. Behind them, Tuyet noticed a wide stone staircase carved into the side of the volcano leading to a massive open doorway into the landscape. Plumes of smoke exited the doorway, giving her the impression of it being a violent mouth of some underworld monstrosity.

“I don’t get it,” Tuyet said again after a while taking everything in. “I said I’d bring us to when Dume had the Great Disks, and now we’re…”

“...We’re so far in the past that Metru-Nui seems to not even exist yet,” Atamai observed.

“Okay, if that’s the case, you’re on your own. Abso-friggin-lutely on your own,” Tuyet said, her hands falling to her side. She seemed disheartened. The heat of the volcanic forge blazing around them made the vision of her swim in Atamai’s eyes. “Can’t let Dume see me before we meet. Well, you know, meet for the first time.”

“And I suppose that it's fine for me to be seen since the day I meet him in the future is the day he dies, right?” Atamai asked. 

Tuyet frowned. “Oof, awkward.”

“I suppose it’ll be alright, I don’t think it’ll change things much…” Atamai trailed off. He wasn’t sure how he felt, given that he had watched the Turaga, the wise leader of his city, die before his eyes, and now he was going to come face to face with him, albeit a past version. 

“Okay, I’ll go in and see if I can get the disks. I’ll meet you outside the forge when I’ve got them.” 

Atamai began heading further into the forge, weaving in and out of a maze of pipes and machinery. The heat made him wish that he had been born a Ta-Matoran instead.

Inside the great forge traveled to, Atamai found himself in awe of the size and grandeur. Large flowing rivers of molten lava slowly burned their way through manufactured trenches. Statues carved in the shapes of matoran heads adorned the pillars, flames burning and in their mouths as illumination. He followed the sound of industry, and discovered a series of long and steep steps descending further down…

As Atamai made his way down the steps, the space began to widen. The decorated pillars increase in frequency, and the Toa noticed black soot covering the steps. Along the walls he saw carvings begin to appear. The shapes of Kanohi masks had been carefully preserved on the walls. Most of them Atamai recognized, and a few that he didn’t. Atamai paused briefly in front of these, then reached into his satchel and pulled out his iStone. He snapped a few pictures of them, hoping to identify them later. He also saw other carvings, those of figurines that appeared to be in various stages of the Kanohi forging process. Atamai snapped a few pictures of those on his tablet as well. 

Even closer to the bottom, Atamai came across some shelves that had been built into the wall, and on these were lumps of unrefined protodermis. He made a mental note of them and continued down. The heat began to increase greatly, and he saw a bright light at the bottom of the staircase. As he descended, small lizard Rahi scattered to avoid being stepped on.

The sounds of smithing grew louder, and with them the sweltering heat. Atamai’s breath came in burning gasps. Crossing the threshold he stepped into the forge. 

The grinding of gears and the grating of metal assaulted Atamai’s hearing as he stepped out from the staired corridor. The powerful whoosh of unseen bellows made the space feel like the inside of a great being, alive and full of fiery rage. The never ending crushing and sliding of molten rock and lava falling across the back wall would drive a toa of sound to madness. The spitting sounds of oil catching aflame and sizzling out drew the eyes of the anxious. 

Geysers of flame burst from the floor, forming a hallway of fire for Atamai to walk within. The smell of tar and incense filled the air with pungent ritual. Heat burned against his armor, a dangerous prickling call to cast aside the flesh and melt into a single totality and be forged anew.

The vaulted walls and pillars of the volcanic forge rose above them, dark smoke blocking Atamai’s view of the ceiling. The light of the moon cut a sharp line through the smoke from large windows facing out towards the coast. Despite his descent into the earth, it seemed the forge’s many stories rose above the ground. The pillars were shaped as toa, holding the world aloft above their bowed heads with outstretched hands. None wore masks, instead bearing the burden while at their weakest. Banners did not fly from the ceiling. Instead, the smells of the forge marked the territory: oil, metal, blood, sweat, and salt. The scent of pumice clung to the back of the throat, threatening to choke the unprepared.

Tubes of magnetized protodermis rushed from the grand pillars holding the ceiling aloft to along the walls and through the falls of lava on the far side of the forge. They ran parallel to the ground, superheating from a pale lapis to a vibrant citrine as the fundamental substance of Atamai’s known world passed through. The superheated protodermis coiled and formed a ring around the forging altar in the center of the room. Only a single steep staircase connected the raised altar and the lower level of the forge’s spacious hall where Atamai stood. Upon the altar rose a large anvil, carved symmetrically. The face of an unknown being was carved into the base of the anvil.

A toa of fire wearing a mask of regeneration stood beside the anvil, a glowing disk held in his bare palm as he raised it to catch the light in admiration. His other hand held a powerful hammer of a kind Atamai knew well. His lower half was wrapped in the drapings of some monastic order, and the vibrant saffron fabrics were covered in crimson embroidery. The toa’s exposed upper half glistened in the light of the lava behind, his chest dark in its own shadow.

Atamai’s footsteps caught the toa’s attention. His gaze fell on the newcomer, and slowly he lowered the disk in his hand. Then he spoke, his voice unmistakable.

“Who are you, and why are you in my temple?”

It was a very strange experience seeing the future Turaga as a Toa. The Toa had the same gaze that Atamai had seen in the Turaga, and had the same voice, albeit a bit younger. 

“Dume? My name is Atamai. I’ve come a long way looking for answers and more, and I believe that you may have them.”

Dume turned his gaze away, letting his focus drift. His sight lingered on the flowing protodermis surrounding the forge, and on the dark smoke billowing across its surface. He placed the cooling disk in his hands into a pool of oil, steam cascading across his front until Atamai could barely make out the toa’s complexion. At last he looked back at Atamai.

"Answers?" Dume frowned. "How do you know my name? We've never met, unless my recollection is wrong."

“No, we haven’t met. Not yet. As I said, I’ve come a long way- such a long way, in fact, that I’ve had to cross through time to come and see you.” Atamai wasn’t entirely sure how Dume would react to being told that Atamai was from a different time, but he hoped that Dume would be open to helping him.

Forgemaster Dume’s head tilted, like a bird of prey considering whether or not to dive onto an unsuspecting meal. His voice echoed into the smoky rafters; 

“You step into the Forge of the Great Being, the Heartflame, as a willing liar? You besmirch these sacred steps with the hopes of providing some conjured delight? You are a thief, then, if you travel through time. For only a thief steals what is not given.”

Dume stepped in front of the anvil to the top of the stairs and leveled his hammer towards Atamai. “I have made park benches more sturdy than your words of supposed greeting, Atamai. If that is even your true name. Speak your honest purpose before I change my mind and turn you into an ashen offering for Mata-Nui.”

Atamai stared at Dume, unsure of what to say at first. “Dume… I swear that what I say is true. You become a leader of a great city in the future. You lead the Matoran people. But they’re in trouble-we all are. Mata Nui is actually a giant robot that we all live inside of, and he dies. His body, at least. His head, where our city is located, crash-lands on an island called Zakaz, in a realm known as the Time Between Time. Matoran lived there once, but now it’s home to a race of Skakdi, who aren’t happy with our presence. Our enemies control the city now, and the Matoran and others have become refugees. But there are temples on the island that hold a power that might be able to help them. To unlock them we need Great Kanoka Disks- disks that are of a power level of nine. 

Atamai paused for a moment to let his words sink in. “Now, I know you have Great Disks. I should know- in the future I go and find some of them. But they’re gone now, and I need new ones. Will you help me? Please?”

Dume’s eyes narrowed, and after a long silence his voice rang out once more, suspicious and steely;

“You say you live in a giant robot, and that it dies, and that this has all yet come to pass and rests on the present moment or all is lost? You speak with certainty, I give you that Atamai, Timelost Wanderer. You speak like an apostle. You bring grave tidings, and yet you stand before me low with your lies laid bare. Zakaz is a myth. Skakdi work the mines as they always worked, and they are grateful for their freedoms from Irnakk.” Dume’s voice rose again in volume, accusatory and aggressive. He took strides down the stairs as he shouted, his footfalls blossoming with bursts of flame. “How did you learn of the Ark? Who do you work for? Tuakana? That vile shadow who rides on the coattails of others? Your words of praise will not affect me. You are a charlatan who has desecrated this house, a spy of your ilk sent at the prodding of your vile shadow. I will smite you. I will cleanse this world of your filth. Goodbye, Atamai. Your silence buys our salvation.”

Forgemaster Dume sprung forth, wings of flame erupting from his back as he charged and swung his hammer.

Eyes widened, Atamai quickly expanded his baton into staff form and held it up with two hands in order to block Dume’s hammer. 

“Listen to me, Dume,” Atamai said through gritted teeth. “The people of Metru-Nui are in danger. I’ve never heard of the Ark, or Tuakana. Fighting isn’t going to get us anywhere.” He pushed back against the hammer, in order to break the lock between them. He swung the end of his staff at Dume’s mask.

“You’ve already spoken enough to be worth putting down,” Dume growled as their weapons slammed together. The winged flames on his back pushed him forward into the younger toa like a rocket from Xia. Their feet skid across the floor of the Forge as Dume gained ground. Forgemaster Dume was in his prime, and in his element. 

Atamai gritted his teeth. He pushed back against the Forgemaster with all his might, yet the Toa of Fire continued to gain ground. 

I need to do something. Fast. 

Atamai focused his elemental power, and with all his might he spun himself on one leg, removing himself from Dume’s continual forward thrust and allowing the Forgemaster to hurtle forward with no obstacle in his way except the wall. 

He flew forward, sliding across the hall until he wheeled around and commanded the geysers of flame to erupt at Atamai, attempting to block him off from the raised altar. The roar of fire filled the hall, and Dume felt the beating of his heartlight quicken in his chest. He did not expect the toa to side step. Dume fought head on, with the rage of his element to back him. He ran back toward Atamai, jumped into the air, and with a ferocious battle cry swung his hammer down.

Atamai let out a yell of his own and grabbed his own axe-hammer. He aimed the hammer side of the weapon at Dume’s own hammer and brought it up. The two weapons met with a loud clang. Sparks flew. Atamai charged at Dume and swung the hammer end of his weapon at him.

They ducked, dodged, and weaved. Atamai learned the rhythm of battle, and Dume spoke the violent language natively. 

At last, Dume successfully knocked Atamai’s axe-hammer out of his hand. Irritated, Atamai lifted his hand and Dume’s hammer flew out of his. The enraged Forgemaster charged viciously at Atamai, and the two came to physical blows. A choice uppercut from Atamai brought first blood, his knuckles nearly breaking under the force of impact to Dume's chin. Dume flinched, staggered, and regained his posture with renewed rage.

Flame from Dumes's flurry of blows burst cones and lines with each punch and kick, driving Atamai back to the wall of fire from the erupting pits in the floor. Each fist connecting with Atamai lifted him into the air, and Dume jumped up to punish him back to the floor. "Knowing of the disks is damnation of your cause! You must work for the Administrator. Only an outsider like them would be so bold to trample on tradition."

“The Administrator? I’ve met it. It hasn’t really done much other than guard the temples,” Atamai said. Concentrating, he willed metal to grow over his fists, creating simple gauntlets. He began to trade more blows with Dume, more viciously this time. “What do you know about it?”

"Their rise to power is an abuse of our laws. They should not be inside our temples, but they say they're a necessary evil. They're the messenger of death; any who are caught in their web are doomed. They take the masks we wear and mock us with them! They store our records and flaunt them! They harbor evil in their suva realms and bait us with temptation. I will show you the same hate I feel for the Administrator. If you want the great disks to appease him, I would rather die."

“I want the disks to help my people- our people!” Atamai said, spitting blood out of his mouth. He began channeling his element more into his own body, fueling his punches. “The Administrator mentioned the Apostatized- maybe you’re confusing me with one of them!” 

Dume landed another punch, and Atamai began to grow aware of how tired he was getting. 

"An Apostate?" Duke crowed as the fiery wings of his power grew in size behind him. He lunged forward, a fist colliding with Atamai and knocking him through the wall of flame and halfway up the stairs to the altar. Dume walked through his element unscathed and with contempt in his eyes. "You're sorely mistaken. An Apostate is one who has fallen to the temptation of the collective horrors cast from our hearts. An Apostate creates and destroys. An Apostate is the messenger of the darkness in us all. An Apostate… is me."

His hand clasped around Atamai's throat, and Dume began to lift the toa of iron off the stairs and into the air, holding him aloft above the flames. 

In the corner of his eye, Atamai saw them: six kanoka disks laid upon the anvil. So close, yet so far away. Dume readied himself to throw Atamai into the lava, but curiosity, not mercy, held his hand;

"Any last lies, Atamai Timelost Wanderer?"

“Mata Nui… grant me the power… of… fear… so that anything making eye contact with me is overcome… with fear… Amen…” croaked Atamai

“Input: Accepted”

Atamai glared at Dume, and Dume began to feel more afraid than he had ever felt in his life. He was afraid that Atamai was right- that a great disaster would befall Mata Nui, that the Matoran were trapped on Zakaz, that he was about to kill any chance they had…

Seeing Dume break gave Atamai the opening he needed. He broke free of the Forgemaster’s grasp with a combination of using his element and hitting the Toa’s elbows. With a mighty punch, Atamai sent Dume tumbling down the stairs. He concentrated, and the Forgemaster began to feel his feet grow heavy- metal began to writhe and twist out of them, until his feet were completely joined. Dume was unable to stand.

"This is madness," Dume shouted, "we are already lost! The Ark is our only hope of escaping the Krom. Please, do not delay our chance of escape."

Dume kneeled, afraid, his palms planted on the ground. His anger and fear fought within him. He swore revenge on Atamai -- one day he would lay him low. But now, terrified, he would fight to save his people, and not his ideals. In the end, Dume cared more about his people than about his own reflection in the manifold eyes of his gods.

Atamai walked over to the anvil. He scanned over the codes of the six disks that lay in it. 159. 279. 339. 429. 589. 619. These were the Great Disks, all right. 

As Dume spoke, Atamai put two and two together. “Mata Nui is the Ark, isn’t it? And this place… you mentioned the Krom. The Administrator also mentioned this “Krom”. This place, wherever we are, is the place where our lives hang in the balance in the future. This is Zakaz.” 

"You're so close to the truth you can almost taste it, can't you," Dume replied bitterly, the metal around his feet glowing red hot. "And yet you're still lost in lies you've told yourself since waking. If you are truly from the future, Atamai, then at least I know my greatest act is successful: you know nothing. I will place you in the land of Earth, and you will toil in ignorance as you slowly reclaim history made by your new god. I will make you friendless! You will be lost in your own misery. All you will know is the duty of work."

Atamai picked up the disks and prepared to leave. “I’m counting on it, Dume. We all are.” He sighed, sad to see his future Turaga brought so low. “Before I leave, is there anything I should fear about the Krom?”

"If the future brings you back… fear the end. The end is always when it begins again."

Atamai pondered Dume’s words for a moment, and began walking away. As he did, he also picked up Dume’s hammer. He stared at it for a moment, then decided to keep it. It wasn’t like Atamai to steal, but something about the hammer just spoke to him. 

“You will become a great leader,” he said as he went. “But you will make mistakes. I cannot prevent those mistakes. I can only prevent what comes after.”

And with that, Atamai climbed back up the way he entered, six Great Disks in tow.

“Haven’t seen you before. What’s your purpose at the Forge of the Heartflame,” someone asked with a terse and tired voice. Tuyet turned around, unaware of who she spoke with. He wore blue and red armor, and a pair of rather large silver gauntlets to cover his rather large hands. A pike rested in his grasp. The guard stood a bit taller than her, the mask he wore ending in a single long horn. Tuyet realized he must have been doing rounds and saw her kicking rocks off the cliffside while waiting for Atamai. Speaking of Atamai, how long did he intend to take? 

“Tourism.” Her smile felt a little weak.

“That’s a lie,” the guard said and Tuyet realized with dismay the guard’s mask was a rhode. She really lucked out this time. His pike leveled toward her. “I think it’s best if you come with me.”

“Uh, can I say no?”

The guard looked at her with a bored expression. “You can, but I don’t intend to respect that.”

She raised her sword. “Yeah… then no.”

Atamai found Tuyet engaged in a fierce duel on the carved steps leading down from the opening into the volcano for the Forge of the Heartsflame. She seemed to be losing ground, overpowered in her attempt to conserve energy for the next jump through time. The pikeman scored several choice wounds against her, and silver dripped down her arms and legs from the cuts.

At Atamai’s arrival she turned her head to catch him, feeling the pike plunge into her side. She screamed, yanking herself free and staggering the remaining few steps between her attacker and her new… friend? Companion? Professional assistant in fixing the time stream? She was too tired to care, really.

Totally didn’t care.

“Hold on,” Tuyet shouted as she reached for Atamai’s free hand. She saw six disks cradled against his chest with his other arm. Their hands grasped firmly and she pulled on the flow of time once again, only to feel things go askew as someone else hitched a free ride back to the future with them.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Coliseum]:

Freedom

Yes, I would finally be free of this nuisance. At first, I hissed in response to the old Toa’s smile, he was so determined to take me with him to his grave, but I refused. I would make sure Stannis died knowing he’d failed.

And then, I mirrored his smile and activated my mask, concentrating all its power on his form, pushing him away from me. Behind him, the outside wind howled through the broken window he had shattered himself. 

“Go with your god.”

I could feel the tip of his spear retract from my flesh as the pressure lessened. With one massive effort, I yanked it free with my left hand, while my right twisted my blade and then yanked it backwards, out of him and his grasp. No longer anchored by any earthly bonds, the Toa flew backwards by my will, until there was nothing waiting for him anymore but the gaping void. And then I let go...and watched him fall.   

—// For Your Listening Pleasure //—

IC Stannis | ... Coliseum?

With the two combatants too terribly matched in muscle and brawn to overwhelm the other it was simply rational for Pridak to gain the upper hand against Stannis by use of his Kanohi Matatu to try and do away with him. Being so overcome by the power of the mind's hand, Stannis could not resist the forced separation and felt himself rejected from the Takean king. The sword, held tight in his chest an instant before, became wrested free and glimmered with murderous shine to cut into the next assailant, but the damage had been done, pyrrhic as it was; a mutually ensured destruction. In the wake of the swords' withdraw a gaping hole was left on Stannis' chest, but it did not seem to deter the old man in the slightest. Faint wisps of green mist could be discerned by Pridak's rapt attention on his nemesis, but none others present could see the phenomenon before it was nothing but an easily mistaken blur.

The warmage was flung away from the warlord. Time flowed differently for the old man—like it always did—and he relished in the fleeting pacific moment he was afforded. In the face of the Takean king's victorious snarl the Wanderer's face gleamed serene, smiling thinly even as Pridak grew more distant by the second, and he held his arms outstretched as if being crucified on an incorporeal stake. The irony was palatable—go with his god? He had grown to be his own god, divine and willful in ways Pridak could never have fathomed. He was pulled ever further, and it looked almost like some invisible hands had taken hold of his shoulders and were hauling him back. Away. To his Fate.

Stannis' spear clattered to the floor off to the side, torn out from Pridak's chest like a most despised accessory, and the king's ichor gushed from the crevices of the exo-armor. Rivulets of blood pattered to the polished floors, splattering into perfect morning stars of crimson only to be wiped to a smear by the fighters footfalls in the chaos as they all raced to clobber and dice the distracted fighter. As more of the room came into view, the duels that transpired over the chamber looked increasingly trivial—all of them mere small footnotes ending and beginning throughout the close of a most grandiose chapter. The book was almost complete. A rousing wishful cry of Freedom! had been what defined the tome's story, but like all yarns there needed to be an ending. 

Wind howled behind Stannis in a growing gale and soon it overwhelmed his body as a blustering blanket, drowning out the screams and cries of the fighters as they gruesomely sought to stamp out each other's determined menace. And soon, the wind was all Stannis could hear.

Pridak released his hold on his body just as Aurax heaved his scythe right for the ancient king's beleaguered crown. 

His eyes shut, focusing on a thing he could not see.

Just some minor wish giving.

Stannis descended in the nighttime sky, a sinewy revenant of Fate.

Karz it...fools,” she hissed, though the remark was clearly not aimed at anyone present in the room. Suddenly, she stood up, too agitated to remain sitting, still muttering, hand scratching at the back of her neck while glancing around. “This was supposed to be fixed by now, what in the pit was she thinking!”

Then, regaining her composure, the titan stopped herself and dropped her hand, but it was still obvious she was seething.

IC Yumiwak | Panda II 

"Excuse the ###t out of me," I balked at Zataka, agog and aghast. "What is it that was supposed to be fixed?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Sidra – Ko-Metru Forge

The Dark Hunters had taught Sidra the value of knowledge. It wasn’t enough to simply know how to use a weapon, it was important to know how it worked, how it was made, and the culture of its creators.

For example, the electro-chute blade Sidra usually wielded had a complicated history. The weapons were designed and manufactured by the Vortixx, but based on the chute technology that had been pioneered by the Matoran of Metru-Nui. It was a perfect example of how one race could take what another had made and put their own spin on it, make it their own. Such cooperation was what made collaborative factions like the League and Dark Hunters so strong, and the isolated, purist peoples like the Matoran so weak.

“To know a civilisation’s weapons is to know their worth,” Lariska had told her once, “If you know what they have and how it works, then you can defend against it. If you know what they don’t have, you can capitalise on their weaknesses.”

It had always seemed to Sidra that some in the Dark Hunter’s upper echelon had plans for the organisation that went well beyond mere mercenary work. In particular, she’d come to suspect their operations in Metru Nui in the days before Metru Nui had fallen to Zakaz had been part of some grander plan to establish the organisation as a force to be reckoned with – the Hunters had been ordered to kill Dume and Nidhiki, and steal the Mask of Creation from Pridak – so the Shadowed One had clearly been targeting both sides for his own ends.

As far as Sidra was aware, she was the only operative who'd managed to accomplish one of those objectives. 

Not that it did me any good. 

That plan had failed. That time had passed.

The Dark Hunters were gone, beyond Sidra’s reach.

Still, she was thankful for the lessons they’d given her, the process of Kanoka creation being one of them. From what she recalled the process was less complex than mask-making, it involved pouring the protodermis into moulds rather than hammering them into shape by hand, with the process often being repeated several times before a disk was deemed complete. The type and strength of the disk was determined by the qualities and purity of the protodermis used, and though the skill of the forger was a factor, there was still a significant element of luck and guesswork involved, even for the most skilled of smiths.

Unfortunately, understanding the broad strokes of a process wasn’t the same as knowing how to properly perform that process, and after several hours spent fruitlessly trying to stoke a forge and melt raw protodermis, Sidra had nothing to show for her efforts but scalded palms and searing disappointment.

"To karzahni with you!" She spat, kicking the side of still-warm forge. 

Loathe though she was to admit it, she was going to need help.

Help from someone who knew what the karz they were doing, and would actually be willing to aid her.

That ruled out the refugees, and the warskaks were more likely to view her as food than a friend. The Administrator had mentioned that Dume had done his forging at a site somewhere to the East, perhaps one of the remaining local Matoran had taken up his craft there?

It was the only lead Sidra had left.

She called back her nektann, set her mind on a new destination, and activated her Kanohi once more, vanishing into the cold comfort of shadow.

IC [Pridak - Coliseum Throne Room]:

I watched the Toa’s body disappear from view with a momentary feeling of relief. My mistake. The scythe blade sliced through the air. The only warning I had was a brief flash from the proximity warning, then it struck true - and sparks erupted as it embedded itself in the high collar of my armor - designed specifically with this eventuality in mind. You didn’t think it was going to be this easy, did you? My ocular uplink glitched, the image went fuzzy and then went out. The accursed Toa must have severed the cable.

I spun around instantly, using the scythe still stuck in the armor to hopefully get this opportunistic traitor off-balance, so I could return the favor with a strike from my own blade.

-----

The way to the freight elevator was clearly labeled, as was needed for an installation of this size. Also needed were the surveillance systems, which had been triggered the instant the ACR had destroyed the two Vahki outside. The squad of four Zadahk guarding the elevator itself was on alert already as the mech suit approached and opened fire with their disk launchers.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

The warlord scoffed and shook her head, looking down at the table,  still incredulous at how badly Tuyet’s plan had gone awry.

Then, finally, she met Yumiwak’s eyes again with a look that said you’re not gonna believe this.

“Time. Everything.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Metru-Koro:

The warrior-monk paused a moment as she entered the village, disheartened by the destruction around her. huts and communal buildings lay in ruin, people's livelihoods reduced to so much ash and rubble. Here and there were bodies, the stubborn few who hadn't evacuated for one reason or another, or even the ones who'd volunteered to help defend the village.

Her despair began to give way as a righteous anger bubbled up from within. the air around her began to heat up, the cool desert night becoming warm once more. These people had simply wanted to live and survive in a new world that they'd been thrust into! Why would people from the same world they'd inhabited want to cause this kind of senseless violence?! They were all stuck here together, weren't they?!

She simmered in her indignation for a moment, before continuing deeper into the village, Still carrying Keitara in her arms.

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"So, what happens next?" She'd never witnessed the aftermath of a battle quite like this. The warskaks fought differently.

This war, these beings, their weapons and tactics... it was all new to her.

@Eyru

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Ostrox, Gnabol and Klawne (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

Ostrox's expression changed from hatred to disbelief, which he then confirmed. "Oh, I don’t believe this. He’s actually using infants to endear himself. I... I have no words to describe this mockery. None that can be used in the presence of children, anyway."

He turned back to Skorm. "Well then, since you’re so eager to be rid of me, I’ll be going. Are you going to give me my equipment back, or was that another lie?"

"Mazor, who are these people?" Gnabol’s tone made it clear he expected an answer.

Meanwhile, Klawne was still listening intently. There was clearly a lot of bad blood here, but both sides seemed to be making genuine attempts to de-escalate the conflict. Deescalate? Desceleate? De-escalate.

@Smudge8@Keeper of Kraata@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@The UltimoScorp@TL01 NUVA@Tarn@Conway

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

"YES! SCREAM FOR ME!" Achro then himself caught fire and counter-charged Oreius, swinging his remaining blade in a wide arc.

Waveahk saw Stannis’s broken form be tossed out of the window. He wasn’t entirely sure why, but this made him want to kill Pridak more. He continued to float higher, and fired upon Pridak from above, snarling like an animal.

Like an animal.

@Vezok's Friend@Eyru@Tarn@Snelly@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport)

The machine halted, as instructed, while loudspeakers atop the Transport flickered to life.

"Attention, Toa. We are Vahki. We have come to discuss the destruction of our mutual enemy - the League of Six Kingdoms."

That should get his attention. She buzzed to the others.

@Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Zakaz Airspace, The Wombat)

"AYE, CAPTAIN!" Tekmo fired the disk towards the aft of the ship as instructed, and began charging elemental energy in case it didn’t do the trick.

When this was over, he'd have to talk with Vulimai about personal space.

@Sparticus147@Eyru@Onaku

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"OK, uh…" Enra drummed her fingers over her face before thinking of something. "Maybe instead of connecting them into a square, maybe, um… an arch? Leave one and two disconnected, but connect all the others, so one and two are connected via three and four? You know, by extension?"

@Nato the Traveler@Eyru@~Xemnas~

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"That might work," he nodded, "It's worth a try."

He set to work attempting to replicate her suggestion. 

• Like 1

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

Saybo was on his hands and knees, still trying to rise. He had to defend Pridak and his allies. The pistons in his left arm contracted slightly on their own. They threatened to disobey the commands his organic protodermis muscle was giving them. That firework rocket had hurt his arm worse than first thought.

A familiar voice asked him a question, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Saybo tried to decipher the voice. Was the speaker trying to attack Pridak? Was the speaker an ally to Pridak? Though he couldn’t focus enough to interpret the question and respond, his subconscious opened his mouth to voice his thoughts in response.

Must defend Pridak and his allies. I must defend Pridak and his allies. I must. I must,” Saybo muttered to himself, though loud enough that Rose could hear him. His voice was flat, devoid of the implied emotions his persona spouted out constantly. Even Rose, who had only heard him a couple times, could instantly tell it was as if he was a different being from before in the airship.

The pinpricks of light finally left his vision and his head stopped feeling so woozy. Saybo grabbed the rock barrier next to him to help him stand up. He had to defend Pridak and his allies!

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

"I'm asking the same about you," Nale said, looking towards Gnabol. "What is this...pettiness I'm seeing? Who are these men, and why are they carrying around a gaggle of baby Skakdi?"

Answers did not come easy.

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Rose - Pridak's Throne Room

"Son, you've been hit by a Vahki staff," Rose replied. How do you handle something like this? She had to wait for the effect to wear off, at least, but she was never sure how long they lasted. And that meant keeping Saybo restrained until his head cleared. 

She could knock him out, perhaps. [KARZAHNI], it...worked before. But she'd rather solve the problem than keep him out of the fight longer. With a sigh, Rose wrapped her arm around Saybo and put the Ga-Toa in a headlock. She really wished she was doing this to Pridak instead.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Uraborask & Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

* Hey there and good morning you cool skak-dudes and skak-ladies, let it be known that I, your god and savior, The Gadunka, has returned! Let me start with tellin' you all that it is currently a sheering ninety-one degrees out here at Rigger's Bay and that the water is boilin' and fish are fryin'! *

Uraborask awoke to the blaring sounds of the radio hosts voice that came out of his old radio, startling Skrillix who had slept through the night on top of Uraborask's lap.

* Now then, on with The News. For the local news on the Rig, it seems that wanna-be queen, Yumiwak, had up and left not too long ago with her crew and toadies in toe, hehehe! Best wishes they don't come back, still a few scores here for them to settle, ya dig! *

Turning out onto the floor and off of his couch, Uraborask turned his head up as the light of the early sun filtered through his shaded windows and the smell of salt and sea floated in. Reaching up, Uraborask was about to turn off the radio when he heard the radio voice continue.

* On top of that recent departure, a equally recent but long expected and worried for arrival has just showed! Cravious and his ever menacing ~Cuuube~ had just rolled back onto the shore as of last night! Debtors beware, for he is surely on the prowl for your widgets, and those contracts of his aren't doing ya any favors! *

Uraborask scowled at the mention of the skakdi's name, he had forgotten of the job he had accepted and the easy bait the welp pulled over him. With his mood momentarily soured, Uraborask nearly did something to the radio that he would've regretted if it wasn't for the last bit of news he heard.

* And the last bit of news that has skakdi talkin' is the dead skak found just outside of the Rig! This would be a normal occurrence for the violent Rig if it wasn't for the post that the poor headless sod was impaled on and the ominous sign and message that was hangin' on him! 'Beware the aspect Ulkarr and his realm to the west, Po-Koro.' No idea who this Ulkarr is or what a Po-Koro is for a matter of fact, but for any of you darin' skaks willin' to risk upsettin' an aspect, it sounds like there might be some good pickin's out west! *

With that, a genuine smile washed across Uraborask's face. Being recoginized and appreciated for his work was something that Uraborask always liked. He probably would go up there and say he put it up there. But that would involve having to deal with the rest of the Rig. 

* Well, good raiding Riggers, this has been The Gadunka and RRN, Rigger's Radio Network, signin' off my beloved followers, till next time! *

Absently listening to the last of the broadcast before it descended into the usual playlist for the Rig, Uraborask grabbed his usual gear, left a good amount of food and water for Skrillix, and left his shack home, making the long walk back towards the Rig, and towards the Cube.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian And anyone else on the Rigger's Radio Network.

IC: Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

Well if you need to learn about food here on Zakaz and someone won’t let you, I’ve got ways to ‘help’. But these Vahki enforcers, what were they trained for? Were they some type of well trained policing force?

"That's good to hear friend. As for the Vhaki, trained, I'd use the term built more like it, hehehe. At first, I just thought they were just a race that I never met before, but turns out, Metru-Nui didn't have any normal police, it had a police force of machines. Wild. For some reason though, the Vhaki seemed to like me, always at least two seemed to be keeping an eye on me. Wonder why? But these Vhaki were made of some strong stuff, they could climb, crawl, or walk, they could shoot kanokas out of their heads, and each one had a pair of powered staves...In case you were wondering."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Again.

IC: Apex (The Fau Swamp)

Taking a brief moment to settle herself, her wings pulling back, her stinger folding back in, and the shadowy tendrils that nearly began lashing out around her seeping back into her shadow. Apex turned her gaze towards the Morangad. Should she bother telling this being her past, would they understand her plight enough to offer their devotion to her cause? Apex wondered and pondered.

The tone in this being's voice, the words he spoke, he too did not care for the skakdi...And perhaps, they too would be willing to join her in her cause. "This..Nektann! This skakdi was a leader among their depraved kind, an alpha you could say. In ages past, back when the forests to the East thrived on volcanic ash, when the mountains of the West bored ice and snow, when the bay of the North was pure and clean, when this Swamp was a lustrous jungle...I ruled as its Apex, at the peak of the food chain. I ensured its existence and balance...But then they came. With tooth, claw, and fury I tried to drive the skakdi back, but they. No. That one. Outsmarted me. That Nektann somehow learned of my true nature, and exploited my innate weakness to trap me. Only now have I been freed, and I now need strength to tear out his heartlight...Does that satisfy your curiosity?"

Staring toward Morangad, waiting for an answer from him, Apex's attention was yanked towards the East, where, even through the thick canopy, Apex could tell that something was wrong at the great volcano. The swamp, normally abuzz with sound, fell silent, as a singular bellowing roar blasted across Zakaz. Although she did not recognized what produced the roar by the sound of it alone, she did know what it had to be, what it meant. Deep within Apex, she felt a feeling that she didn't feel so profoundly and strongly since her imprisonment. What Apex felt, was fear. "Tahtorak..."

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

Drukarus forced his way through the dark passage that the skakdi made their way through. But as he ran out of the horrific pit and the monster being birthed from it, Drukarus's signs of age began to grip him, as he slowed ever so slightly as they continued to run, his breath growing more ragged and harsh. It was only when the entirety of the party had escaped the darkness that Drukarus dared rest though, as he leaned on his maul.

Staring towards the roaring skakdi that is Barius, Drukarus knew that the skakdi would be eager to see his new warskak, and so, returning the maul to his back, Drukarus followed.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Nato the Traveler @Conway @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Apex's reaction to the Tahtorak's spawning
  • Like 2

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, 5 Vehicle NPCs

These machines were strong, had multi-purpose capabilities, shot something called a Kanoka, and had a pair of power staves? PERFECT. He doubted Gore knew any more real information, but this was enough. Now Cravious knew artificial intelligence was possible. He needed to go get his Kraata and figure out how to capture and study these Vahki.

He softly punched Gore’s shoulder and accidentally let slip some nice words, “Thank you, brother. Now about the Grillmeister. I cleaned her up and added some better tires for the sand. You can leave as soon as you want. I do have another client coming- Yeah there he is. He’s walking towards us,” Cravious gestured out of the garage door to the form of the approaching Uraborask as the hunter drew closer. He was probably a minute away still. “I’ll leave you to-

A piercing roar filled the air, straight to Cravious’ core. The air seemed to vibrate with the noise, sending a shiver down his organic protodermis frills. The distance had no effect on lessening the feeling the sound invoked as it rolled over the landscape and shook the Rig. It came from the south. Of course it had to be from the south, from Irnakk’s Tooth. It spelled death to all who opposed it.

Cravious turned to Gore, straightening himself out in an attempt to pretend he hadn’t been affected by the roar, “That was the noise of a Tahtorak being born. You might not want to go south if you don’t have to.” He thought to himself, Sure hope Uraborask didn’t hear that.

Cravious turned away to get Uraborask’s truck ready but he paused, frowning, I sure hope I don’t run into it when I go south to get desecrated. Although if Boss made it, I should be alright.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Fixed formatting.
  • Like 1

IC: Keitara (A mind is a terrible place to be lost)

(Suggested listening- Part 1)

Shards.

That's all there were. 

Keitara staggered through fields of broken memories, their dagger-sharp edges cutting streaks of half-remembered emotions across her chilled flesh. Her spirit ached. It felt as though it had been dragged across the shards until all that remained were tatters.

Vainly she tried to gather what shards she could, but all they did was cut deeper, bringing flashes of experience without context. The tighter she squeezed, the harder it was for her to cling to even a single experience.

With an anguished cry, the Toa fell to her knees. Pain blotted out everything. Her back flared with agony, first flooding her with heat then chilling her to the bone. For a second she could feel a weight pressing against her. Her nostrils filled with the smell of cordite, machine oil, hot metal… and burning protoshell. Somehow, she knew this was from her.

Screaming, Kei collapsed into her past's jagged embrace. Her mind was rent asunder.

She fell, ribbons of ego in a sea of oblivion.

(Suggested listening- Part 2)

Come

Slowly, agonizingly, the chill that filled her entire body resolved itself. Kei shuddered, grasping shoulders not shredded to nothingness, but instead the same armor she had been wearing as she fell asleep next to Irna. Opening her eyes, she saw sodden ground, peat moss, and the burnt purple-red of evening.

Looking around it took a second for the Toa to recognize where she was. When she did, a sick feeling filled her stomach.

It was the swamp. Worse, she saw a scorched chunk of carapace jutting from the water. It was the Manas she had, in her ignorance and overconfidence, condemned to a slow and painful death. She turned away from the sight and saw that she was not, in fact, in the clearing that had played host to their fool's errand. She could see the sun setting.

...wait a second. Were those… islands?

Come.

Kei felt something shifting within her. She nearly screamed as a slick, muscular something shifted across her back and wriggled as though brought to fresh life. It was a truly horrifying experience, and she thought she might be sick.

Come.

She felt as though she was being drawn forward, towards these mysterious islets.

Come.

She was running now. Icy water broke against her shins and yet somehow she ran on, unimpeded. When it became too dark to see, the mass within her seemed to grow warm. A soft phosphorescence spread from each of her footsteps. Her fingers sparkled with light.

Come

She dragged herself up the shore. Dripping, coughing from exertion, body utterly spent, she collapsed against the cliff bordering the slim beach.

Suddenly the wriggling, squirming *thing* within her grew hot. The light that had crawled across her hands burned bright red, and poured out from her body.

She yelped as the cliff face turned hot against her. Scrabbling away, she turned to see a mass of unrecognizable carvings covering the cliff face. 

COME.

The light flared too brightly. The feverish heat within her grew unbearable. Keitara shut her eyes, and collapsed against the cooling sands.

(Suggested listening- part 3)

With a yelp, Keitara's limp body spasmed oddly as Kat's arms heated up. It was almost as though some extra, unnamed muscle was also writhing beneath her armor. The slight warrior collapsed to the ground, the evening dew sizzling slightly against the heated plates of her armor.

"Come." she murmured. "Come… come… come...come…" 

Gradually, the pain subsided. Kei became aware of raised voices and the smell of scorched wood and earth. A memory slipped through her fingers, leaving a jabbing pain in her heart. Opening her eyes, the Toa groggily looked around her as she regained her bearings. "Who…" she groaned, "Who the Karz is yelling so much? And why do I feel like a boiled ussal?"

(OOC: @Tarn, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway, @Smudge8, @Onaku, @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 3

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Sidra – Sightseeing

Sidra emerged from the dark on an outcropping overlooking the small refugee camp she’d called home in the days before she’d set off to find the Suva. Or at least, overlooking where the camp had been. There was nothing but a few empty fire pits and tattered tents, half buried in windswept sand, to mark where it had once stood.

Either the occupants had found their way to one of the larger villages like Metru-Koro, or they’d become the victims of the locals. Either way, Sidra didn’t linger at the location for long. She hadn’t come all this way to dwell on the past. Her focus was on the future.

With scattered rays of moonlight slicing through the night clouds above her, Sidra set off in an easterly direction. She was tired from her time spent at the forge, and the journey through the ruins and Suva before that, but determination and stubbornness kept her from stopping to rest. After days spent aimlessly drifting, searching for meaning in all of this madness, she had a tangible goal before her, and she refused to let it slip away.

Whatever Nuva was, she wanted it.

She activated one of her nektann and instructed it to perch on her shoulder, watching her back as she trekked across the savage sands. Every time she or it saw or heard movement, she teleported back to whatever tattered tree or battered boulder she’d most recently passed by. Every time she found a decent vantage point, she’d teleport as far forward as her mask’s lens would allow her to discern, cutting laborious distances from her directionless journey.  

The Administrator hadn’t exactly given her much to go on.

“What is there to know of Forgemaster Dume? He makes masks and disks of value. I have not seen him in… a long time, and never in this temple. He prayed in the temple to the East, in the region of fire.”

If the Suva and Temple in the region of ice were still intact, it stood to reason that the ones in the region of fire would be as well. She doubted any of the local Skakdi would have settled there by choice, so in all likelihood whatever temple Dume had frequented would be one of the only structures left standing on that part of the island.

In theory, at least.

All she had were guesses and and blind hopes.

Time drifted by. She idly snacked on her remaining rations, not realising she’d eaten the last of them until she reached into her pouch for more and found nothing. Her canteen was almost empty of water as well by the time her latest teleport brought her to the edge of a long-burned forest near the volcano. With her sightlines hampered by branches, she couldn’t cut corners by teleporting anymore, and was forced to continue on through the forest…

OOC: Part 1 of 2. Delirium-induced introspective mind trip coming soon.

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

The warlord scoffed and shook her head, looking down at the table,  still incredulous at how badly Tuyet’s plan had gone awry. Then, finally, she met Yumiwak’s eyes again with a look that said you’re not gonna believe this. “Time. Everything.”

IC Yumiwak | Panda II 

I set my cake back down on the plate. It had only scarcely touched my lips. 

My mind whirred with ideas and conjectures big and small—mostly big—on the ramifications of Zataka's statement. I threw the whole slice of cake in my mouth.

Finally, after what seemed like a long moment of her stewing and me chewing, I asked, "Sho exactly hoo an' whart are you? An' whart augh ooo doing here??"

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi leaned over the crude mine, arms outstretched. In the pit Jovan outstretched his hands, slowly lifting up the latest patch of ore. As it landed in Kanohi’s hands Jovan spoke up. “I-I think that is all the ore I can get easily. The vein goes a lot deeper, b-but dislodging that ore would risk vibrations. The ground is less stable down there, might lead to a c-collapse.”

The Fe-Matoran nodded, making the ore jiggle. He swallowed as looked away, embraced, “M-maybe you and Arkius could work together to free it? We might not need it now but, we should prepare for the future.

Jovan looked away and answered, “I-I can’t be responsible for him. I-I know he is a Toa, but h-he has to protect the whole village. He can’t w-waste time on me.”

Kanohi winced, that sentiment’s wording was familiar. Still he answered, “I-I understand, but you know that this will help the village. For now, see what progress you can make in figuring out how to dislodge it. Do not mine it yet, we don’t need it for now, just study it. Just is you know, we are making Disks of Weaken and Regeneration now, that might help free the ore. A-again no rush, but just, think about it.”

Jovan nodded vaguely and Kanohi slowly shuffled away, ore filling his arms. As the Fe-Matoran made his way forward he could faintly hear Arkius talking in the distance. He turned towards the Toa, before tripping, spilling the ore about the dirt. 

Kanohi blushed and dove for the ore, before getting back to stacking it. As he rebalanced it he resolved to head over to Arkius, but only after he laid the ore to rest in the forge. He shuffled away, still blinded by the height of the pile. 

• Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Poroka & Company | Aboard the Wombat

Poroka mama tell story one time.

Mama say little fairies live in house walls. Listen every day. Sometime fairies hear bad thing and feel sad. So fairies make magic to fixing bad thing. Cute story.

Poroka wonder if fairies live in ship walls. Hear Poroka having hard time and make big magic.

Like... really big magic.

Cause Poroka always big person, but this whole another level. Poroka wearing ship like pants! Poroka fist so big can grab new person and squish like bug! Really cool.

Poroka reach to grab new people, but not used to big size. Poroka feel hand go through ship wall and hit ship engine. Big blue fire happen and burn Poroka hand.

That make Poroka feeling more mad! Really!

Other hand punch ship! Then one more time! Feet kick! Feel break ship floor!

Too hard grab small people! So Poroka just clap hands together really hard!

Big clap! Big noise. And ship get really squish.

Ship make sad noise.

Start to falling.

Uh-oh.

Poroka think maybe Poroka not think this plan through so much.

Dar Poroka's clap fuses the brown Vahki's circuitry with the walls of the ship. It does not mind.

The green Vahki turns to its instruments, but the side of the bridge is suddenly blown away by a swipe of the captain's giant tentacle, and the green robot is gone.

The blue Vahki is unfazed. 

"Ship descending rapidly," it beeps. "Engines unresponsive. Disk mechanisms unresponsive. Failure level: catastrophic."

Still, a pilot must go down with its ship.

In the cargo bay, the red Vahki whirs as it activates a special subroutine. It reconnects its neural link with the ship's weaponry. Ehlek's experimental weapon can no longer fire, but the main Hagah cannon is still fully functional. The robot mentally turns off several security options, bypassing the resulting alerts and warnings. The gun will charge until it melts down. The resulting explosion should incinerate the pulse generator along with everything else onboard. League technology cannot fall into rebel hands.

The red Vahki stands beside the gun, its eyes flickering, and waits for termination.

Not death. Just termination. It is not truly alive, after all.

The Wombat falls, much like wombats usually do when dropped from a height.

Far below, the waters of the Silver Sea splash gently in the starlight.

Poroka take deep breath. Yell one last word:

"Cannonballllllllllll...!"

OOC: Well fought, everyone. The Wombat is now a pile of scrap metal approaching terminal velocity towards inevitable impact with the waters of the Silver Sea. The ship's gun is rigged to explode, but that may or may not happen before impact. I recommend getting your characters off the falling ship if you can.

And if you can't?

Well... better take a deep breath.

• Like 7

IC: Reliable Narrator

As Dar Poroka hit the water's surface, there was a mighty splash from his cannonball. He disappeared beneath the misty waters. A silver glow, like a haunted waning moon, took shape under the slowly lapping waves.

And then...

Ooc: Poroka has rolled a 56/100 on the chart. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Scowling, Skorm set down the Rhotuka launcher and sword on the scorched ground, and tossed Ostrox his Mahiki. As he turned away, he continued focusing his glare on the Leaguer. "Don't us regret this, zealot."

Turning from Ostrox, Skorm flipped up the hood of his robes. Did Ostrox have a point? There were entire kingdoms of adherents to his position. But Skorm didn't have a choice, nor did others under the Barraki. If he had benefited from the status quo, he didn't remember. It didn't erase it, but it was hardly directly relevant; beyond some scattered nightmares, he couldn't remember anything before he served under Takadox. No, his own lack of involvement did little to assuage that the Matoran society had repressed others, but the Six Kingdoms hardly offered a better alternative. This island was lethal, but at least it offered a chance to build something new, where everyone could be equal as they fought for their lives.

Skorm stopped beside his Zyglak friend. "Irna," he said, much softer than when he had been speaking to Ostrox, "What's wrong?"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Conway @Smudge8@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@The UltimoScorp@TL01 NUVA@Tarn

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

"I don't know," the Toa replied. And she didn't. She was a scholar, not a soldier. She had never seen a war until the day the League invaded Metru-Nui. Most Matoran hadn't. She supposed they were lucky to have been shielded from violence like that. But it made surviving in this new land all the more difficult when she didn't really even know how to protect herself.

Even with the strength of a dozen Toa on their side, the League had easily been able to destroy what little they had managed to accomplish in their time here. Taja sighed as she walked past the blown-out husks of buildings and the piles of rubble that had once been huts. They needed to get stronger if they wanted to survive here. She needed to get stronger. For her people. What Whisper had done for her was something, but not enough.

They were close enough now to overhear the conversation between her allies and a strange-looking Toa who appeared to be the League's sole representative. Taja didn't know why they were allowing her to parley like she had any sort of leverage, but she kept that to herself. She hung back and listened.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Oreius | The Coliseum

Scream for me? What was this guy, an actor? Oreius didn't have much interest in the theater, but he knew ham when he saw it.

Their blades clashed in a shower of sparks, and he tried the same maneuver as before: bracing his sword with his shoulder, the Toa raised his fist and tried to punch Achro's sword.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1