Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ollem - Desert Suva

Ollem sighed. "I agree that this Suva likely does not hold anything of further interest. As for mapping... I got here at the same time as the rest of my kind, and it took me this long to walk here. It's not likely."

He looked around at the endless, rolling hills of sand. She hadn't been on the surface long...? "Where... did you come from?" He asked.

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

"That does," the Tiokaha answered. He stiffened as the Tahtorak's call rolled through. "Oh, no..."

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator you can decide what/if Mahrika recalls of her island’s old layout.

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi laid down the ore carefully inside the Forge of Vakama, before departing, heading back towards where he had heard Arkius talking. As he trotted forward his optics widened. A Vahki transport? Here? He hurried along and unfolding his Kiril Staff, from what he knew from Collector, the weather damaged Metru-Nui vehicles extensively. He might need to regenerate parts of the craft. 

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika looked away, her arms folded so she could embrace her chest, and thus Vokarda. She, she had not meant to give that away. It didn’t matter much now, but still. If a Skakdi learned where she had been, they might be able to find where she would be in the future. Was she really so unused to talking to someone who could talk back?

Finally she admitted, “The Skakdi, I couldn’t fight them. There were hundreds of them, they had killed our Toa with ease. For the past millennia I have lived in an underwater cave, an air pocket that’s only entrance was beneath the waves. I swam out regularly, foraging for food and seaweed, but I did not step foot on my people’s island. And then, when your head crashed here, my cave collapsed from the impact I suppose, and I had to leave to find a new home.

She reached her long arms over and began to rub her face beneath her mask. “Give me a moment, I’ll try to remember where the old relics of my people might be.

OOC: @Burnmad 

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Sidra Dead Forest - Fau Swamp - Lost and Alone

Skeletal sticks scraped at Sidra shoulders as she brushed her way through the ravaged remnants of the charred forest. Her surroundings were slate grey in the twilight, blending together and swimming in and out of focus as her vision blurred. She stifled a yawn and stumbled forward, rubbing her dry eyes.

She’d lost track of time. From experimenting with the Suva, to exploring the Ruins, to failing at the forge… how many days had it been since she’d actually slept? Two? Three? She needed to stop soon.

“Snap out of it,” she chided herself, “Remember that stakeout on Stelt? Awake for four days straight while listening to Krekka whine about not being allowed to break something.”

A misplaced step almost made her roll her ankle, and she took a second to steady herself, bracing against a tree.

“You can do this. New world, new life. You just have to take it.”

Childish, taunting laughter whispered through the trees, mocking her words.

“It’s all in your mind. Just keep going.”

Shaking her head, she continued on her way, hoping she was going in the right direction. She’d never had much need for a compass in the past, but she was wishing she had one now. Rumbling from the mountain and the sound of some immense beast screeching at the sky had persuaded her to take a wide berth around Irnakk’s Tooth. Unfortunately, the tangled, cracked branches all around were now blocking her view of any discernible landmarks that might help her confirm which way she was going.

Charcoal and blackened bones crunched underfoot as she lurched ever onwards, still pursued by tittering taunts and distant screams.

After a while, she thought she could make out voices amidst the murmurs, voices she recognised.

“To know a civilisation’s weapons is to know their worth,” Lariska crooned, “But what is your worth, now that you stand apart from civilisation?”

She almost blundered into a tree trunk as she spun around, trying to determine the source of her mentor’s words. The long-dead tree cracked and collapsed as she trod on the roots still anchoring it to the ground, knocking her off her feet and falling atop her. For a moment, she was in another place, another time, pinned by a towering blue being.

:I would be a last glimmer before oblivion.: The titan’s voice cut through her consciousness like a knife. :You are a fool whose reach exceeds her grasp while her imagination remains trapped by her station.:  (Zataka)

With a defiant cry, she shoved both the thought and the trunk aside, scrambling away on her hands and knees. She hit another tree, and grabbed at it in a frantic panic, pulling herself upright.

“I cannot absolve you of what you've done,” it was Leklo’s voice she heard now, “Find your redemption, else others will.”

“I don’t need redeeming!” she spat, though she doubted there was anyone truly there to hear it. “I stand by what I’ve done. Your morals don’t rule me.”

“What's done is done. People die, cities are razed, and civilisations are destroyed. Clinging to what's gone isn't going to fix anything.” 

Her nektann let out a beep, warning of something behind her. She pushed away from the tree, and whirled about to find herself facing another figure from her past. Before her stood a very different titan, a bloodied broadsword clutched in their hand and massive antlers jutting from their head.

Already, she could feel the heat radiating from Othorak’s form, see the fiery glow surrounding him, feel the ground shifting beneath her feet as the floor of the airship began to melt away.

“You aren't the type to kill whatever gets in your way!” He bellowed. “Weak! I am the greatest warrior Stelt has ever seen!”

For a moment, Sidra was frozen. This fight, this failure, had hung over her since she'd left Metru Nui. What had become of the two Matoran she'd saved from the airship? What had happened to Othorak's corpse after she had fled from it?

Was she doomed to relive this piece of her history? 

Not again. Not this time.

She drew her sword and unleashed its power upon the demented League terrorist, a stream of ice extinguishing his heat as she lunged forward. She sent the weapon slicing across his chest, felt something warm and wet fleck her face, then brought the sword sweeping back the other way, striking him again. He sunk to his knees, and she sheathed her sword, before plunging her hand forward, seizing his lacerated heartlight and ripping it fully from his body.

“You've doomed yourself, Dark Hunter!” Othorak sneered, his form fading away to reveal the iced-over trunk of a long-dead tree. “I'll see you in Karzahni!"

What she had thought to be a broadsword was nothing but a bough, and the jutting angles she’d taken for antlers were nothing more than mundane branches. Othorak had never lived to see this world. For better or worse, Sidra had still managed to ensure that.

And yet, the heat she’d felt was real, and this tree was still teeming with life. Massive, fist-sized insects swarmed around it, glowing like hot coals, some half-frozen to the trunk, some bisected by her blade… and one brutally biting and burning her palm as she held it aloft. She flung it away with a pained cry, tripping on the shifting ground as she tried to back away. The beetles were swarming around her legs as well, blistering heat radiating from their bodies as they scratched and stung and seared at her boots.

“The universe is burning and you're trying to make me feel guilty about trying to stop the fires?” 

The voices and insects alike pursued her as she fled deeper into the forest, buzzing and hissing like live wires. Her nektann loosed a few energy blasts at the pursuing pests, but they were too many, diving in close to burn her back and neck and shoulders.

“You don't actually matter. Nothing here matters.” 

Again and again they attacked her, until at last she drew far enough away from their perceived territory that they dispersed, leaving her in painful, peaceful isolation again.

“There are no right choices.” 

The ground underfoot felt soft and marshy now, squelching and slipping with every step, and Sidra eventually slumped against a tree. A soft whimper escaped her lips, and unbidden tears tracked down her cheeks as her fresh burns scraped against the coarse bark. She unscrewed the lid of her canteen, pouring water onto her wounded palm, but little more than a mouthful spilled forth, doing almost nothing to ease her pain or wash away the blood. She did what she could to clean and bind the wound, but with her iStone screen as the only light source, it was difficult to discern if she’d done an effective job.

She sat there for a while, steadying her breaths, adjusting to the pain, letting the adrenaline abate and her rational mind reclaim control.

“You've made your statement, played your part... don't you want to rest? You've earned it." 

They were her own words, and she saw the sense in them. She knew she needed to rest… but the encounter with the insects had proven this place wasn’t safe. She had to keep going. She had to be close. She hadn’t come all this way just for her journey to end in some forgotten forest.

“Destiny and fate move forward, never backward, and even when the patterns repeat themselves it is for us to learn from our past to become better.” 

Sidra forced herself to her feet, her steps slow and unsteady as she resumed her reluctant march. As she walked, she realised the forest had changed. Where they had once been naught but ash and black there was now leaves and green.

“This isn’t right,” she muttered.

This was supposed to be the region of fire, barren and blackened.

She’d gone the wrong way.

She turned around, picking a direction at random and setting off again, brushing aside branches as she pushed back towards what she hoped was the correct course. She tripped on tree roots and slipped in slime, the words of Turaga Dume dogging her heels all the while, condemning her for her choices.

"I've seen it. Heroes of the future destroying the past in the hopes of saving their present.”

Her path was blocked by a section of swamp, and she recklessly waded through knee-deep waters, tripping on submerged roots, feeling reeds or rahi or who knew what else brush against her legs as she clawed her way onto the far bank.

“We could change our lives today. We would not be here, we’d all be safe and loved by those we care about.” 

“You were wrong, old man,” she murmured, scurrying up a slope and back onto more level ground, “I was right to stop you… but…”

But if she hadn’t, would he have been able to help the survivors here on Zakaz? Would they have all wound up on Zakaz at all? Had she brought all of this death and pain upon the universe?

“There are worse fates than failure.”

The voices gradually abated the further she journeyed, and after wandering for a further half-hour, she spotted a tree, larger and more gnarled than most, distinctive enough that she would surely have recognised it if she’d passed anywhere close to it previously. The branches looked solid enough to take her weight. If she could climb up high enough to get her bearings, she could find her way back to where she was meant to be, maybe spot somewhere to teleport herself to.

Identifying a branch at a decent height with space and shadow enough around it for her to occupy, she teleported herself up to it, then began to climb, fighting past the twinges of pain plaguing her injured arms and back. She was about halfway up when she glimpsed a dim light in the distance, filtering weakly through the trees.

It was almost dawn.

Reinvigorated by the realisation, she reached for another branch, closing her right hand around it and starting to pull herself up. The makeshift bandage she’d wrapped around her palm caught on something, staying in place while her grip shifted, causing her still-raw wounds to drag languidly across the abrasive bark.

She cried out, lost her grip, and fell – down and down, through branches and brambles – straight to the sodden ground below.

• Like 6

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia turned the piece of... thigh? leg?... over in her hands. She hadn’t seen much of the group of Skakdi that had chased her and hadn’t seen the Skakdi of Fire that had escaped at all. All she found were small, inedible pieces like what she now held in her hands. She turned it over as she continued to inspect it and a few bugs and gears fell out. It was colored black, but black was a common secondary color for a lot of beings. And with how the swamp seemed to warp all it touched, she doubted if she could ever know the original element of the being whose remains she held. Her escaped convict was still out there. Probably.

She let the piece fall to the ground, the rest of the body nowhere to be found. She supposed she could save it for scrap, but that seemed morbid and much different from doing the same to Rahi. Though mostly her reasoning was that she held disdain for the Skakdi. He wasn’t worthy enough to have his remains benefit her village.

Viltia turned back to the Kahu and climbed up into the saddle. Her rage had been slightly quelled by her long search. Now it was mixed with a sense of duty and justice that kept her going. She supposed that was a good thing. That Skakdi would die for the lives he had taken, not just because Viltia hated him.

The Kahu took off through the air where it perched in the bough of a massive swamp tree. Viltia continued her scan of the swamp floor. She was trying to use this as a learning experience and was attempting to search with her eyes even as she searched with her mind through the Green. It was… well it was pathetic, really. Mostly it was her eyes doing the searching. When she had her eyes open, feeling the plants around her just wasn’t the same. Information came from sudden movements instead of the minute details like when she had her eyes close. And her range! When she had her eyes open, her range was small, otherwise her mind easily became overwhelmed by all the data it was gathering.

As she searched she thought of her new village and wished she was there with the Skakdi already dead. It felt so good to have a home once more. Even in the Fau Swamp, at least she was free. Being a slave to those Skakdi would probably stick with her for hundreds of years despite how short the time was that she had been enslaved. A couple years was nothing compared to how old she was, yet a couple years had destroyed most of everyone she had known and left mental scars on the rest.

She took comfort in one fact. If that Skakdi had escaped on his own, she doubted he had left the swamp. The Fau Swamp would have most likely consumed him by now. And she knew that from experience. Her search for him had been full of her utilizing her mask of Rahi Control in combination with the large Kahu’s speed and instinct to evade death. He was either hiding out someplace relatively safe and couldn’t move, or he was dead, food for the fauna.

The newly risen sun was now several hours into the sky, deepening shadows and being blotted out by occasional small pockets of rain and acid rain. Viltia took off her crude bark hat, twine keeping it hanging on her back as small droplets of acid dripped from its many crevices. She had actually made it the right size for her head, but it was still as misformed as her other creations of the Green were. The Kahu wore better crafted armor made from the acid resistant chitin from giant centipedes. It made him look fierce, but she knew he was just a sweetie. They had barely had to train him compared to the Kahu back in her village. Beside the Colony Drones, he was the only thing that had been nice to them in this wretched swamp.

A glint caught Viltia’s optics and she turned her head. Leaves and branches shifted in the wind, causing light to play around the ground, destroying her chances of finding the glint easily. She had to wait there watching before the sun caught the object again and the glint found her optics. There it was! A large brown object was mostly obscuring something shiny below it.

Viltia made sure there were no aggressive Rahi or insects in view and flew down, the Kahu flapping hard for a soft landing. The Kahu’s talons sunk into the muck as Viltia dismounted. She too sunk rather deep, the mud almost reaching her knees. Viltia awkwardly high stepped her way over to a large snail. The snail was the kind she saw hanging from the largest of Rahi and insects. They seemed to have some kind of symbiotic relationship with the elder creatures of the swamp as they ate grime and cleaned their hosts at the same time.

This one slowly looked at her, eyeing her muck covered body from her time spent searching and studying the swamp floor, and began to crawl her way. He was actually small compared to others she had seen, being only as large as a Matoran. As he moved to her, he revealed a green body beneath.

It was Rancor, back from the dead! Viltia went to take a step back and didn’t remember how deep she was in the mud. She fell to her back, knees still bent in the muck as if she was still standing. She tried grabbing her axe crossbow on her back, but her movement only caused her upper body to start to sink. Viltia started to panic, fearing the Skakdi was about to attack her at any moment. Her axe eluded her and the mud started to cover her face. The snail reached her and started to cover her as well.

She was going to die!

No. I am a Toa. I will not die!

Viltia closed her eyes, opening the mental aperture that held back her elemental energy. She held in her mind what she wanted to happen. A tree root, large and unattached to any tree, formed beneath her, lifting her up and flattening out beneath her. She rose above the muck and turned off the flow of energy, in the moment not caring that the move had cost her much more energy than normal. She got to her feet, not paying mind to the snail now eating the grime covering her. Grabbing her axe crossbow, she stepped forward on her flat root platform as excess mud fell from her, aiming at the… Skakdi?

The panic left and apparently tagged in confusion because Viltia had no idea what was happening. There was a being, the species of which she didn’t know. The being was unconscious and definitely not Rancor. Why had she thought it was Rancor? He was dead for sure. She had shot him; watched him be buried even. Not to mention Rancor was colored a different kind of green. This being’s armor was like emeralds, shining in the light like the dew on a just watered plant.

The being was lithe and looked potentially athletic. The armor itself was finely crafted, more elegant than anything Viltia had seen before. The way the designs curled and twisted reminded Viltia of vines growing on a building. It was beautiful to look at and she spent a moment admiring it. The Toa of the Green put her axe on her back and stepped down into the muck once more, the snail now cleaning her upper body.

Viltia’s mind had given up on confusion and instead pity and comradery filled her. This easily could have been her laying on the swamp floor, death ready to spring at any moment. This being was probably lost like Viltia had been, searching for a way to simply survive. She noticed the Heartlight was still lit, so that was good. 

But for a moment she paused in moving to help. This was a different species after all. Who knew how they might react to a Toa? But then Viltia thought of the other species back at Le-Metru Nuva. Survival and a common cause had bound everyone there together much tighter than she had ever seen back at her old home, regardless of species. They all were one group now, willing to die to keep the others safe.

No, this being needed her help just as she had needed help. Perhaps even this being’s past was similar to her own. Viltia had to help. It was the right thing to do; plus the thing a good Toa would do. If she couldn’t control her element or Kanohi well, then at least she could help others like a true Toa.

The snail moved to her shoulders as Viltia struggled through the last of the muck, bending down over the being. She noticed a blade of unknown design but was merely curious, not concerned about potential retaliation. Viltia reached out and lightly touched the being on the shoulder, gently asking, “Hey, are you okay?

Viltia was trying to see if the being would wake up but was also trying not to scare the being. If the emerald being remained unconscious, maybe Viltia could drag the being up onto the Kahu’s second saddle?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

Sidra didn't stir at Viltia's words, only the unsteady rise and fall of her chest belaying any sign of life. However, at Viltia's apporach, the nektann perched dutifully beside Sidra's unconscious form let out an alarmed beep, and began jabbing at her other shoulder with one of its legs. 

Sidra dreamed of drowning, of screaming in silence as she sank into lapping shadows. The last thing she remembered seeing as she fell was murky water surrounding the tree roots below. Had she fallen in the water? Had she escaped drowning at Tuyet's hands only to sink herself through sheer stupidity?

Something clawed at her, digging deep and pulling her back towards the surface. She crested back to consciousness with a sputtering cough, staring around. Her tired eyes focused on the unfamiliar being before her, and her hand instinctively inched towards her sword. A Toa... but not one I know... She forced herself to relax. When she spoke, her voice was strained, stammering, her words still playing catch-up with her thoughts. "I- where am I? No, wait, who are you?" 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

A strange device Viltia hadn’t noticed woke up the being. Viltia in her inexperience didn’t realize that other being had been reaching for the sword she had seen. Instead, Viltia focused on the emerald being’s words. They were strained and came out like the choppy waves in a frothy sea.

"I- where am I? No, wait, who are you?"

Viltia stood, the giant slug now cleaning her back. She smiled, glad this being wasn’t in a coma or poisoned or something. “I’m Viltia, nice to meet you. This is the Fau Swamp. It’s… well it’s not a very nice place to be. Are you okay? Are you hurt at all? Do you need help?

• Like 1

"I'm Sidra," she replied numbly. The swamp? That was way south of where she'd been trying to get to. She'd gotten turned around worse than she'd thought. Serves you right for overextending yourself. How long had she wandered last night? How far? 

"I, uh, guess I could... no..." she muttered, sitting up with a groan. She examined her bloody, burned hand, slowly flexing her fingers to make sure they still worked. She'd pushed herself too far chasing something she wasn't even sure of. She needed to stop. "I mean yes, please, I need some help."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia’s smile continued. Protecting and helping others brought her such happiness. It’s what fueled her when her hatred of Skakdi died down and she needed a different driving force in her life. This Sidra needed her help and Viltia would help her and keep her safe. The snail had left her body and disappeared up a tree, but Viltia focused on Sidra, not noticing it leaving. Although even with her focus on Sidra, she still managed to miss noticing Sidra’s injured hand.

Well alrighty then. I’ve got you. We have a village close by, only a couple hours away by flight.” Viltia motioned to the armored and saddled large Kahu behind her. She fully turned to look at the Kahu, leaving herself wide open to a potential attack. She didn’t even realize what she didn’t know.

She turned to face Sidra once more, “Can you walk?

• Like 1

"I should be able to," she nodded, gripping the tree beside her and pulling herself upright. She braced herself against a branch, and carefully bent and extended each of legs, making sure she still had full range of motion and hadn't broken anything. "You said the swamp isn't a nice place to be... why make a village here?" 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Nui Airspace, Cannonball?

Knichou struggled to keep balance on top of the airship as the unusual being smashed through the hull and proceeded to destroy Knichou's hopes of capturing the Wombat. As more and more systems failed, the effects of the Wombat's levitation kanoka began to wear off and the ship quickly lurched downwards. Knichou knelt down, grabbing on to the ship's armor plating with one hand, stowing his rifle in his amorphous backpack with the other.

The engineer's mind raced. There was no way to prevent this crash, and there were two allies aboard, potentially wounded. Yes, they had signed on for a suicidal mission and knew the risks, but if Knichou left them to their fates and used his armor to fly back to Metru-Koro, their deaths would linger on the Nynran's conscious. What would Stannis think? What would Nale say? What would Nale do?

Just over a week ago, Nale ran into Knichou’s life after Nuparu died in the Nynran’s arms. She stood her ground against an entire squad of Vahki, voluntarily dooming herself so that Knichou and Stannis could escape from Onu-Metru. Stannis and Arkius defended Knichou as he got to the Taku, but Stannis rode back down the elevator to save Nale even though Knichou had already written her off as a lost cause, already in custody of the robotic law enforcers. Stannis did what Toa were meant to do, even if Knichou didn’t understand it at the time.

Knichou barely knew Nale then, just as he barely knew Tekmo and Vulimai now. Knichou couldn’t have known in Onu-Metru what Nale would teach him, or what he thought of her now – not that even now the engineer understood what he thought of her now. If Tekmo and Vulimai had a chance to become even a sliver of the ally Nale was, doing everything and anything possible to save them was justified. Tekmo and Vulimai volunteered to jump because they knew Knichou would get them down safely, and Knichou had to live up to that promise. Or at least try...

When the giant who crippled the airship proceeded to perform a cannonball dive, there were many new holes left in that section of the ship. Knichou put both his hands flat against the hull of the Wombat and closed his eyes. He felt the metal beams of the ship, all the armor plating and rivets. He reached out and felt where the inner support structure of the ship still existed near the center of the airship, and willed those beams to separate, one by one. Splitting the beams was crude, but it's destructive and imprecise nature made it easy for Knichou to accomplish. Within seconds, the Toa of iron had sheared enough bars in two that the ship began to buckle under the growing air pressure from the fall. The ship began to morph into a 'V' shape as it's structural integrity failed and it was bent by the air pressure of the fall, but did not easily split in half as Knichou had hoped.

Perhaps there was now a big enough hole where the ship bent in two that was big enough for Tekmo and Vulimai to jump out... But Knichou didn't think he could catch them and slow down enough to prevent a deadly impact in the time between them exiting the airship and the airship smacking the waves below at terminal velocity. Knichou didn't believe that he could save them both. Unless...

Knichou had neglected to use his most powerful tool throughout this entire battle, and now he believed it to be the only way to prevent the deaths of his allies. He now regretted not trying on Artakha's legendary Kanohi earlier, but hopefully he could begin to understand it just enough to build a safe landing for his allies before their impact.

~~~

Two matoran were busy inside a verdant alcove. Vines slithered up the limestone walls that surrounded the oasis from all sides. Hundreds of feet above, soft light filtered in from an opening alongside a sheet of crystal clear water. This water splashed against a pond in the center of the stone floor that was surrounded by moss and small patches of dirt. Water drained out of the pond, trickling outwards towards a matoran-sized fissure in one wall that shone with the outside sunlight.

Beside the pond was a hastily constructed ladder and a massive inflated bag in the shape of a circle. Rings made of red paint radiated from the center of the circle, forming a target easily the size of two Toa. The cavern was littered with various equipment – air compressors, steel poles, extra leather, and a few portable lightstone lanterns overlooking a pile of rough blueprints.

Knichou looked upwards towards the top of the ladder, where a small diving board was welded on with support beams. "This doesn’t seem as good an idea now that it’s all built…" He mused aloud before beginning to climb up.

A face bobbed up from the nearby pool, fed crystal clear water from the falls. Apprentice weaponsmith Keitara, Kei to her friends, would rather have her heartstone removed than miss out on her forgemaster's tests. Besides, if he shattered a leg again she was a decent enough hand at medical matters. Various self-surgery scars attested to this, much to the concern of some.

"Ya look great, Kni! The impact cushion's holding up nicely. I'd say 'Knock 'em dead,' but since I have the feeling yer the ''em' in this instance maybe not such a good idea? How about 'unconscious?'"

She cupped her hands to her mouth.

"KNOCK YOURSELF UNCONSCIOUS, FORGEMASTER! YOU'VE GOT THIS!"

~~~

Knichou was running out of time, he saw the silver sea rapidly approaching as moonlight glistened off the waves. He used his free hand to detach his Kakama from his face. It felt strange without it on, the wind blowing against his face, the lack of a heads up display (Of all the times not to have an altimeter!) and the slight weakness in his body. Knichou placed the Kanohi in his liquid metal backpack and felt around for the other mask inside. His hand brushed against the distinctive crown-like protrusions from the top of the Mask of Creation, and he quickly found a grip on it and pulled it out in front of him.

~~~

Knichou chuckled under his breath as he climbed the ladder, trying as hard as he could to stay focused on the rungs above him instead of the ground moving further below him. It was a long climb, so he had plenty of time to worry about if the changes to his armor’s configuration were correct. He hoped that he hadn’t made any of the dozen accidental minor errors that could cascade into a major system failure. Reaching the top of the ladder, he carefully positioned himself on the platform and looked down. Now it really didn’t feel like a good plan. He slowed his breathing, and pressed a few buttons so his adaptive armor would begin logging what it did during the test.

Well, here we go. Flight configuration fall test two, beginning in three… two… one...”

The Fe-Matoran jumped off the diving board, spreading his limbs out wide. His stomach trembled at the sudden movement of the fall, and Knichou felt the primal rush of fear. Except in this instance, his plan meant taking ‘fight or flight’ literally. Soon after he had left the ground, the protodermis in his armor shifted it’s distribution to be more aerodynamic. Fins sprouted from various limbs to stabilize the engineer, and miniature jet engines materialized on each limb, with a large jetpack on his back.

Despite the rush of fear, the satisfaction of success was visible in a smile on Knichou’s face for a brief moment. This time, the propulsion system built itself on time, and the engines fired up with a deep roar. The Nynrah Ghost moved his arms in front of him, positioning them so their force would push him upright to begin a proper landing.

The force of the engines on his arms was much more than he expected, and instead of spinning himself upright, Knichou had begun an uncontrolled vertical spin. He tried to right himself but it was too late – the disoriented engineer slammed into the landing pad. In an instant the air bag had gone from a flat, squat cylinder to the shape miniature crater, the outer edges of which were now as high as a Toa. The room was deadly quiet for a moment – even the birds and insects within earshot had stopped chirping.’

~~~

In the tapestry of diverse art on the face of the Kanohi, Knichou’s eyes were drawn to the secretive symbology of the Nynrah Ghosts one of the cheeks. The former Ghost then looked into the dead eyeholes of the face of the king who had given him shelter in his exile. No time to think! Turning the Kanohi around, Knichou pressed it against his face and felt the power of a demigod flow through him.

~~~

Keitara's breath caught in her throat. Hauling herself out of the water she barreled over as fast as her matoran frame could carry her. Flailing and wiggling her way into the squishy mass she called

"Forgemaster? Forgemaaaaster! Kniiiii? You okay?"

Keitara climbed atop the inflatable target to see Knichou laying motionless on his back.

Well that... could have been worse...”

With a groan, the Ghost slowly began to lift his torso up into a seated position.

I think I need to recalibrate the thrust curves...”

Kei nodded. "Yeah. The engines are taking too long to render, though they're looking great from where I was."

The Ghost plopped herself down, pulled a flat device from a waterproof bag at her hip, and tapped a cylindrical metal sensor on irs back against Knichou's armor. A few seconds later a diagnostic report appeared on the scan tool, and she passed the tablet to her Forgemaster.

"Welp, you're getting closer! If there's anything I can do to help, lemme know! My project's off for approval and you know that takes months if I'm lucky. So for the time being it looks like your apprentice has a free calendar. Maybe between us we can hammer out the kinks in the descent procedure, hmmmmm?"

Knichou smiled and stood up.

Once we fine tune this enough, I’ll never have to be afraid of falling again.”

~~~

Knichou felt strange, as if someone else was thinking for him in the back of his mind. He knew what the metal of the hull could be be. Spears, spoons, fishing poles, interlocking bricks – things he had not even built before were clearly visible in all stages of creation at once, as if he had invented them himself long ago.

The ex-Ghost knew this wasn’t the only thing this mask could do, he knew from the legends that it could build what he wanted. The Toa closed his eyes and envisioned what he knew he’d need to save Vulimai and Tekmo. He thought back to the memory of what he had made, and how he had made it, hoping that somehow that would somehow convince the Kanohi to grant his wish.

The inflated crash pad. Bigger. Tall as a building. Scaled up thickness too so the ship doesn’t slice clean through. It will need to be in the path of this crashing ship...

Unbeknownst to Knichou, a massive construct began shimmering into existence in the sea below. If anyone was watching, they would see patches of a large object glow out of nowhere and everywhere. They would see an obstruction and the ocean behind it, and the more one tried to focus on it the more out of focus it became. It was a blur of an object, the presence of which was felt, not observed, as it came into existence. Words and thoughts could not describe what it was. While that portion of reality was in flux, it merely was. There was no reason, no cause, no effect – the world moved on around the materializing construct as if it did not exist, and the object ignored all laws that Ko-Metruan philosophers had observed to exist. For a brief moment in time that confounded any who experienced it, the comically massive inflated bag both was and wasn’t there. Even the nature and shape of the object was in question throughout those few moments, as the neophyte master of creation unexpectedly and unintentionally refined his design.

Then we’ll need something to get us to the shore – no point surviving the crash if they’ll be stuck on a floating coffin...

For a mere instant, Knichou felt a sense of loss in his gut. The whispers in the back of his mind hushed even further, and Knichou felt a wave of exhaustion wash over his mind and body. Knichou opened his eyes as he almost lost balance, only to see a massive elongated hexagonal structure floating on the waves below. And was that… his apprentice sculpted into the top face of it like a dead empress?

Sonuva-

OOC: Ginormous floating coffin-shaped bouncy castle with a pharaoh-esque sculpture of a matoran Keitara on the top face is now right where the Wombat is going to crash land. Keitara bits provided by @TL01 NUVA

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 8

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia grabbed the Kahu’s reins and brought it over as Sidra rose. The question was a good one, given the nature of this place. “It’s too dangerous to leave as a group and too dangerous to try to leave in smaller numbers. Even flying this Kahu I nearly died…” Viltia looked up while thinking, counting on her fingers, “... about six times or so on this trip. Only my mask has kept me alive.” Viltia touched her face and the mask upon it, grateful for its power, “It’s Rahi Control. That, luck… or destiny maybe, and the speed of this rascal has kept me relatively safe.” Viltia pat the Kahu on the side of his head and he chirped at her. 

Maybe once we’ve trained more than one flying Rahi we can finally leave. But right now the only news we’ve had from the outside world is the destruction of another refugee village. As dangerous as it is here, it just might be even worse out there.” Viltia gave a sad smile at that. The future of her village was very much in flux. One ancient giant insect showing up could doom them all. And who knew what prolonged exposure to the Fau Swamp and its mutagen would do.

The jungle green and violet blue Toa climbed up into the saddle, offering a hand to help Sidra up into the second seat.

"I suppose you're not wrong about that," she grunted, letting Viltia help her up into the saddle. Tiredness and pain still weighed down her limbs, making her every movement languid and strained. "There was a battle at another of the settlements not too long ago. That's... part of why I left." 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

Too much was happening at once. Ostrox was being let go, Keitara was slipping in and out of consciousness, and there was the looming question of him.

"Mazor," she muttered to himself. "So that's his name...."

She looked at him, and the Skakdi children he was surrounded by. He didn't seem to want to hurt them -- he seemed to want to protect them. But she couldn't forget the way that he had handed the Krom Sphere over to Mata-Nui, had doomed the entire universe to a murderous god. She couldn't trust him now -- she needed to bring him down, stop him before he could hurt another home of hers. It was her duty, her redemption....

But she kept watching the children who clung to him. The way that she had once clung to her mother when the Matoran came to their village.

She kept looking over to Kei, fading in and out of this world.

She sighed.

"It's nothing, Skorm," she said. "Let's get these children some food and beds. That's our first priority."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Smudge8 @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Tarn

IC: Parnassus | Irnakk's Tooth

It was beautiful.

An abomination of steel and stone and muscle, a monstrosity above the horizon, a blight upon the sky and sea.

It was Barius'. Which meant it also belonged to Parnassus.

The Aspect, drawing more shadows around themself, stepped up next to their new warband leader, and leaned in close to his ear.

"What's your first order," they asked, "captain?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Keeper of Kraata @Nato the Traveler

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

Location - The Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia slightly shook her head in disappointment. Of course the outside world continued to be at conflict with itself. She had heard her Skakdi captors talking like their entire universe had been at war. Why would she think things would be any different here on this new island?

Well, the whole village had each other now, and the “protection” of death that kept others from finding Le-Metru Nuva. Viltia shifted in her saddle, looking at Sidra behind her, “Don’t worry, we’ll get you all fixed up and keep you safe as best we can. At least no one else has found us yet.

Viltia thought of Rancor and then of the escaped Skakdi. They had found the village she supposed, but they had been chasing Viltia and her friends, not looking for the village itself. They would have missed it if the villagers hadn’t been helping Viltia’s group and inadvertently gave away its location. The escaped Skakdi was still out there potentially. But Viltia didn’t spend much time thinking about him. She had a new friend to help.

She turned back around to face forward and the Kahu began to flap strong and slow, gradually speeding up to escape the muck its feet were stuck in. Finally it was free and thrust forward, flapping to get them above the trees. The tug on her stomach at the movement bothered her less and less as she got used to it each time they took off.

Once fully in the air, the wind rushed past with a noise like a rough storm, offering some relief to the humidity of the swamp. Only once did a horribly mutated Gukko chase them with its three heads and six wings, but Viltia was able to use her mask to allow them to escape. The Kahu beat its wings in a regular pattern as minutes turned into hours. Viltia spent the time scanning the canopy below them, searching for any sudden movements or attacks.

After a small amount of time for Viltia, who had been riding the Kahu regularly lately, but probably a large amount of time for Sidra, Viltia saw the familiar landmarks of the marshes that meant they were almost there. The Kahu stopped flapping and they glided down, dipping into a hole in the canopy before leveling out again. A dozen seconds later the Kahu flapped hard and brought the pair into a smooth landing in the grassy pen with the two Colony Drones. Viltia pat the Kahu on his head and turned to Sidra, “Here we are!” She gestured to the village in the trees, “Let’s find the Matoran with the healing Rhotuka and get you all fixed up, then I can show you around. Uh, well, if you’d like. Maybe you’ll want to rest?

The village clung to several trees, covered with leaves above, leaves below, and bursts of green leaves in the midst of it all. It was formed in clusters of huts and platforms supported by branches and trunks with many unmoving bridges connecting them. With Viltia there, rope was starting to be made and more convenient rope bridges were being constructed and were in various stages of creation as the village continued to expand and grow to try to accommodate its inhabitants. A couple huts and new platforms were currently being worked on, with Matoran, and occasionally other species, being seen fitting boards in place or nailing in railings. Others were preparing food. There were even some who were training on one of the empty platforms. Many differing activities of village life were taking place.

In one sense, it was bustling and full of activity and life. In another sense, the atmosphere was… controlled and monitored. At first Sidra might not be able to place why it felt that way, but the reason was the level of noise. Normally this many beings would be causing quite a ruckus, and while there were hammers going along with several conversations, the noise was kept to a minimum, as if everyone was pensive and waiting for something. And upon closer inspection, everyone seemed to glance up every so often and check their surroundings.

The reason became evident when a roar could be heard from the swamp floor below and all activity stopped and beings fell silent. The villagers didn’t seem scared, merely… apprehensive of whatever was below. About thirty seconds later, the roar could be heard farther away and the village went back to their muted noise level.

There were currently fifteen huts of varying sizes, levels, and purposes and seven platforms each unique in their own way, all covered with acid resistant roofing either made out of tree bark or the chitin armor of giant centipedes. Even most of the bridges had coverings. Two poles could be seen rising up into the upper canopy, with wires running along them. A crude elevator could also be seen. It looked to be using cable not originally intended for elevator use. One hut was larger than the rest and painted a deep yellow. It looked to be a gathering place of some kind.

Together with the two unseen huts on the swamp floor below, it was Le-Metru Nuva, a village in the trees.

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

The village certainly seemed peaceful... but apprehensive as well. It was a peace that could be shattered at any moment, like settlements she had passed through that lay in the path of the League's advance in the universe of old. Still, it was definitely safer than the ground below. 

"I could use a place to rest for a while," she said, as she trailed after Viltia, "But I'd appreciate a tour afterwards." 

@Kal the Guardian

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Viltia smirked, “Alright, I’ll hold you to that. This way please!” Viltia led the pair over one sturdy bridge to a different platform and then over a rope bridge to a hut farthest away from the construction. As they left the pen platform, a couple Matoran moved in to unsaddle the Kahu and wash it off.

The door was just a sheet of woven reeds dried to connect to each other like chain link armor. They were a tan that stood out from the rest of the building. They clinked softly against each other as Viltia pushed them aside. Inside were a couple unoccupied cots, though a desk in one corner had someone’s belongings on it. Viltia motioned to the cots, “I know we have a vacancy in here, so feel free to pick whichever one suits you best. Eventually we’ll all get our own huts, but for now we have to share.

Viltia pat one of the cots as if to test it out and show its worth, “I’ll go find our healer, then you can rest up. I’ll show you around when you wake up.

• Like 1

"Thanks," she said meekly, sitting down on one of the empty cots. She sat in silence while Viltia left to fetch the healer, ruminating on her circumstances. It felt good to have somewhere she could lay low for a little while, far from the conflicts overtaking the rest of the island. More importantly, this place seemed to be far from anyone who could recognise her or remember what she'd done. A part of her was sorely tempted to settle down, leave it all behind, but her past had already caught up with her before.

She couldn't hide from it. She had to face it, sooner or later. 

Viltia soon returned in the company of a Matoran, who set to work applying a rhotuka to her wounds. It felt strange, willingly letting herself be fired upon with a tool that was normally tailored to maim, kill, and incapacitate. Her skin crawled, shifting and sealing over as her wounds were gradually reversed. She watched as the blisters on her palm shrank and sunk, the burns and bites fading away. When the healing was complete, she thanked the pair, and settled down to try to rest.

What sleep she managed to get was restless and haunted by feverish dreams, but she still felt more refreshed when she eventually awoke a few hours later. She wandered the platforms outside, carefully keeping out of the way of the busy villagers, until she found Viltia again. "I'm ready for that tour." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ko-Metru

Okuo's introspective contemplation on the dimly glowing crystal led him to the conclusion he'd seen such a device before, though rarely employed by those who were not from the region he visited in the moment. He realized the blue crystal was a knowledge crystal, a place for recording data, memories, and apparently far more.

@Onaku, thank you for your patience.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Onu-Metru

Tuyet, Atamai, and their unwelcome companion arrived in a sorry state. Atamai found himself cast far across the underground warehouse in Onu-Wahi, his body crashing through crates and into the wall. Tuyet clutched her wound, small sparks popping and bursting inside her from where the weapon found its mark. The guard too, for all his worth, clung to the edge of the ruined machine's dais and wretched out of view. The trio stood in dismal company. The guard spoke first;

"Where have we been so brought against the will of law? Return us this instant to the Forge of the Heartflame. You two will answer for your crimes. Speak plain and honest, or I shall urge truth from your airs."

ooc: @~Xemnas~, thank you for your patience.

Happy chat.

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

As a scholar and an astronomer, Taja always had an eye for the future. And as she listened to the various protectors of Metru-Koro conduct diplomacy with the sole League representative, her heart began to sink. She looked at the faces of the people she knew, and they suddenly seemed twisted and strange.

She shook her head. It was obvious that no one really understood what was going on. People were still calling for peace like the League would listen. Look around! she wanted to shout. Look at what they've done! The village was in ruins, and now they were talking with this person like she hadn't just tried to kill them all? She remembered how, only minutes ago, the walls of the New Archives had shaken with the impact of the bombing. She remembered Nixie squeezing her eyes tightly shut, waiting for it to be over. She remembered the sound of a child crying.

Were they supposed to forget all that? To march back to Metru Nui (the only home she'd ever known, the one the League had stolen from her) and talk peacefully with the warlords who had just tried to wipe them out? All they wanted was to live in peace. Nobody here wanted war. But it seemed to her that, in their desperation for peace, everyone was pretending like the past wasn't going to repeat itself.

Taja's business was to look into the future. To listen to what the stars were saying about what was yet to come. But she didn't need a telescope to see what was going to happen.

The League had driven them from Metru Nui. Strike one. Now they had reduced their new home to rubble and ash. Strike two. Taja was no historian, not by any stretch of the imagination, but even she knew the old adage: history repeats itself. They were all mad to think that the League wouldn't strike again—it was as predictable as a rhyme. The warlords didn't want peace. They didn't even want to rule over the Matoran. They simply wanted to annihilate them.

And if she wanted to have any hope of stopping the genocide of her people, she needed to get stronger.

The Toa looked sidelong at the creature beside her. Whisper was a strange and shadowy being, and she had deliberately tricked Taja into a bargain that had left her irrevocably changed. Stannis had called the Aspect a demon, but Taja wasn't inclined to agree. Alien might be a better word. In Taja's opinion, Whisper was not evil, but she did not understand empathy. Her very perception of the world had no room for compassion or pity. Everything she did was in service of her own ends. She had tricked Taja not out of cruelty or malice, but because it was necessary for her own plans. Even now, the Aspect didn't seem at all ashamed: she simply didn't understand why anyone would refuse power.

This worldview was completely foreign to the Toa, but she realized that there was no one better to help her get stronger than a being who sought strength for its own sake. Whisper wouldn't accept or refuse power because it was good or bad: she would judge it by its own merit. If Taja was willing to put her disgust and pain aside, who knew what she might gain? If there was anyone who could help her get stronger, it was the one who had freely given her strength in the first place.

"Come on," she said quietly. She turned away from the negotiations and walked away into the welcoming night, and the Aspect followed.

By the time the sun began to rise, the two were miles south of Metru Koro. Night in the desert was usually cold, but Taja found it only comfortably cool. The darkness was warm to her, like a friend, and however much she tried to deny it, she had to admit that she felt more comfortable under the stars than the sun. Even as the eastern horizon began to grow light and streaks of colour appeared in the clouds, she felt her eyes begin to protest.

Now was as good a time as any to stop for a rest. She dropped her bag to the ground and looked around. There was nothing but rocky scrubland in every direction, but, to the northwest, the great skull of her old universe could still be seen like a shadow on the horizon.

The Toa sat down with a sigh. Neither of them had spoken since they left the village, and Whisper seemed just comfortable in silence as she did. But they needed a plan. She couldn't just walk forever.

"So," she said, her voice a little hoarse from disuse. "Where should we go now?"

• Like 2

IC: Apex (The Fau Swamp)

"Oh, no..."

"Oh, no indeed guide!" Apex roared towards Morangad, fear lining every inch of the sound she made. "Listen now and listen closely, what has just been spawned is a being of supreme power, one that I myself can only vaguely remember, but no matter, for it is distinct within my mind. What that was, was a Tahtorak. And if we are lucky, one of my kind has sole control over it, otherwise, this island is truly doomed if I am not able to reach my Grand Wish. If you care for this island and the flora and fauna upon it, you will, promise me your service, regardless of you giving me and offering or not."

Apex stared hard and fiercely towards Morangad, trying her best to exhibit as much strength and power as she could muster, but the feeling of adrenaline flowing through her being was propelled by fear and desperation alone. Her wings were cowed, her ears low, her body brisling at the seams, every portion of Apex's body belied her fierceness with an animal level of instinctual fear, unbecoming for a being of her status.

For a few moments Apex stood there, before finally allowing her wings to droop down alongside her head. A sidelong eye turning back towards Morangad. Although Apex was strong, she fully realized now that she couldn't, that she can't, achieve her goal by herself. And so, with a whisper like a mouse, "Ple..Please...Please help me." 

IC: Uraborask & Gore Fury (THE CUBE)

That was the noise of a Tahtorak being born. You might not want to go south if you don’t have to.

Gore heard the sound just as much as Cravious did, and he already knew what made it from his past experiences. "Yeah, I'll try not to do that, thanks for everything friend, we'll keep in touch I'm sure." Gore said, a slight sake and a quiver at the corner of his mouth being noticed upon Gore's usually cool and collected manner.

Shuffling awkwardly away from Cravious, Gore made his way back to his beauty the Grillmeister. As Gore got into the driver's seat of his hot rod, his thoughts dwelt upon the knowledge of a Tahtorak being upon this island. Gore knew that Tahtorak's were tough and uncontrollable, but that wasn't the thing he focused on. Rather he focused on his attempts at cooking Tahtorak. It was always easy to get some after any particularly large skakdi clash, the main real problem being actually cooking the thing. From Gore's attempts, he found that Tahtorak meat was always particularly tough and somewhat tasteless, a tragedy really, but something that Gore hoped to one day overcome.

Giving a final wave towards Cravious and his employees, Gore turned on his lean, mean, cooking machine and drove out of the Cube into the wastes, specifically, out towards the northern end, the name Fort Nektann being on Gore's list of tourist spots.

~~~

Out into the vast distance, Uraborask heard the birthing cries of the Tahtorak, the viciousness of it even being seen from the Rig, as the fierce and terrible glow of Irnakk's Tooth and the bellowing plume that came with it foretold the birth of such a monster. Truly, such a force of nature, such of tool of destruction, such a worthy prey. Uraborask recognized what such a monster could do to the balance of things, but he did not care, at the moment, all he wanted was its skull adorning his shack.

That was all that encapsulated Uraborask's thoughts as he stared off towards the South, till a particularly loud, flaming red rig drove past him, breaking him from his stupor. "Oh right, my rig and the skakdi."

Turning back towards the open garage door of the Cube, Uraborask entered it and scanned the room for the skakdi, Cravious. Finally spotting the skakdi, currently still working on Uraborask's rig, Uraborask began his approach, menacing and swift.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Vulimai (The [Now Formerly] Wombat)

Before Vulimai could have gotten a response from the Vortixx and the Skakdi, the ship shook as the now massive brute seemed to jumped off, further tearing into the structural foundations of the airship, but another thing was shaking the airship. As Vulimai began to step back, trying her best to return to the Toa she had boarded with, she felt as the girders and bars that held the remainder of the ship together began to bend and creak as their very shape was changed.

Soon, the ship itself was bent into two pieces, and Vulimai was practically hanging by what supports she could grab, trying her best to climb up against the force of gravity. "TOA! WHERE ARE YOU!" Vulimai called out, hoping that the Toa of the green would hear her through the sound of rushing wind that came from the many gaping wounds upon the airship and the sounds of crashing protosteel.

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Oh come on-

As soon as Pridak whipped around, yanking Aurax’s scythe out of his hands, Aurax attempted to quickly move back. He was slow- the warlord’s sword sliced the inner part of his left arm, not super deep, but enough to be painful and draw blood. 
Aurax continued to back up, hoping someone else would distract Pridak long enough for him to come up with another tactic to try...

IC, OTIS: Coliseum

The ACR continued its forward march, even when confronted with four more Vahki. As the Vahki launched their Kanoka at it, the mechsuit moved slightly to attempt to avoid the disks. Three missed, but one, a weakness disk, hit the side of the suit. Damaging, but nothing fatal. 

The suit fired two plasma shots from its cannon, destroying the heads of two of the Vahki. The other two were quickly dispatched by  the arm-blade of the ACR. 

With the Vahki dealt with, the suit stepped into the freight elevator and gingerly pressed the button for the floor where Pridak’s throne room was located. 

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC, Atamai: Cavern

Atamai groaned as he sat up. “We’re here in our time. The future, for you,” he stated bluntly. “Where you should not be.”

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

The Skakdi shifted in his seat. He didn't want to show fear in front of his queen or his peers, but the idea of something like that roaming around an island already filled with oversized rahi made him extremely uneasy. Perhaps Yumiwak had misheard, but...how can you misdentify a Tahtorak?

True beasts, they were, like the ones his mother would tell him stories about as a Skaklet to scare him into becoming tougher. It sort of worked, at the expense of a lifelong phobia of large fauna. One he had, for the most part, done well at hiding. Kor looked to Ysocla to see her reaction to what was happening, and realized he'd been nervously chewing on his fork. Ah, bloody--

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Whisper - Desert

For several long moments, Whisper weighed up the the words of the being before her. The Toa's attitude and actions still continued to perplex her, and she suspected questions and explanations alone would never be sufficient to make her understand. What had prompted Taja to abandon the village when the battle was won and peace seemed possible? What was she looking to find or accomplish out here in the endless empty? Why had she asked Whisper to accompany her, after previously wanting to avoid her?

"There are ruins scattered across these lands," Whisper finally replied, "Temples and sacred sites constructed by a civilisation that predates the skakdi. A civilisation much like your own. Perhaps there is something for both of us to learn in these places." 

@Eyru

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

The tree grew from her thoughts, fueled by elemental energy. It was horizontal and had no branches or roots. Even its bark dissolved away as Viltia refined it. The tree separated into boards, each hovering next to one another. They slowly floated to the ground where Viltia then gave up control.

She opened her optics to see one of the boards was warped and had sprouts growing from it, but the others were keeping their shape well. Inside of herself, she gauged how much elemental energy she had used in the maneuver. She was pleasantly surprised to find her conversion rate from energy to element was slightly better than her previous attempts. Of course she had to be sitting still and be entirely focused to accomplish this, but progress was progress.

The boards would need to be dried, as technically they were still “alive” in the way plants are alive. It wouldn’t do to have your lumber take root in your storage area before it’s used.

Viltia closed her optics to continue practicing when Sidra walked up.

"I'm ready for that tour." 

Viltia smiled, eyes opening. Her attitude had been slightly down after telling Torch she hadn’t found the escaped Skakdi yet, but hearing the new addition to their village speak lifted her spirits once more. The beautifully armored Sidra almost seemed to blend in with the canopy behind her from Viltia’s viewpoint as the Toa sat on a bench on one of the platforms. The emerald color was as striking as it was practical in the branches of the swamp.

Standing, Viltia motioned for Sidra to follow her, “Hope you slept well! Let me show you what we’ve got.” Viltia showed the Dark Hunter around the village, introducing her to many of the important builders, guards, and craftsmen. Viltia showed off the community gathering hut for business to be conducted and village decisions to be made. She took Sidra around the other huts, showing off the improvements the villagers had made as they refined their building techniques for the unique task that was creating a village in the trees.

Sidra was shown the two gardens, which Viltia sounded very proud of. In fact, Viltia went a little too much into detail before finally moving on. Sidra was also introduced to the Zyglak that had taken care of Viltia when she had first arrived. He cursed Viltia and her kind, as usual, and then offered the pair some fresh berries mixed with something salty Viltia couldn’t place. Viltia happily bid him goodbye and he cursed the Matoran one last time before they moved on.

Finally, Viltia grew more serious as they were lowered down the elevator to the swamp floor. She carefully walked Sidra away from the village, optics and senses wary despite the guards in the trees above. Their short walk was uneventful and they arrived before two huts, both made of mud brick. The closest one had smoke coming out the top of several chimneys.

And here we have our forge, with our mine entrance over there,” Viltia pointed to the hut farther away. “My friend Beruv is trying to figure out how to make Kanoka. Apparently it’s different than from back home, but also easier in a way? She knows more than I do, though I am learning bits here and there.

Viltia pushed open a heavy iron door, heat radiating from inside. The sound of hammers and bellows stopped as they stepped in.  A black and red Matoran stepped from the forge, tilting her head in a question.This is Beruv,” Viltia introduced. Beruv nodded in greeting, her hands covered by heavy gloves.

Motioning to the red Toa in the room, Viltia added, “This is Torch, our main protector. I’ve been taking over since we started mining, but I’m just a new Toa as of a week or two ago. Torch has the true experience of a Toa.Torch flipped up tinted goggles, holding an iron gear he was refining. He waved with the gear, “Viltia told me we had a new friend joining us. Glad to see you up and well.

Then Viltia turned to a yellow and red Matoran, who was soldering equipment onto a circuit board while a green armored Vortixx watched and gave orders about what needed to connect where. “And these two are Match,” she pointed at the Matoran, “and Spark,” she pointed at the Vortixx. Spark gave Sidra a finger gun and winked before focusing back on what Match was making for him. Match didn’t look up, completely focused.

Viltia turned to Sidra, “And unless you want to see the mine, my tour is complete! So, how did you like it all? I think we’ve done pretty good considering the surroundings.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Uraborask, 5 Vehicle NPCs

Cravious finished wiping up a few spots he noticed needed some touching up as Uraborask arrived up the ramp of the Cube. He threw his rag to the side and nodded to the hunter, “I’ve finished. The major addition is the mounted, automatic Cordak Blaster. Ammunition is under the hood in a protosteel container.

He motioned to the truck, “Added an A/C system too. Custom. No fluid needed. And you’ll notice the better tires. Basically I cleaned up everything that needed cleaning and fixed what needed fixing.

And I probably won’t be here when you return. But out of everyone, I’m sure you can find me.” He sneered, though to a fellow Skakdi it was the equivalent of a smile.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 1

IC: Taja | The Desert

A civilization much like her own? Taja hadn't expected to hear that. Had Matoran once lived her, long before the Skakdi? There might be ancient powers here that could help them, or secret knowledge that could teach her the shapes of the new stars and what they meant. Or maybe... maybe even a way of making her whole again.

She shook that thought away. No sense in holding out hope for something that might not even be possible.

"Let's go there, then," she said, rubbing her eyes. "To one of the temples. But... after I get a few hours' sleep."

She laid down, using her bag as a makeshift pillow. Then a thought occurred to her.

"If I know anything about this island, I guess these ruins will be pretty dangerous?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Koro

It took considerable effort for Sidra not to stare longingly at the Kanoka forges as Viltia showed her around and introduced her to the workers. She gotten herself lost on an aimless search for Kanoka crafters, but in the process, perhaps she'd found her way to exactly where she needed to be. Still, she wasn't going to spit in the face of these people's hospitality by trying to take more from them without giving something back in turn. She was a mercenary, not a monster. 

As the tour came to an end, Sidra spent a few moments admiring her surroundings before addressing Viltia's question. Everything about this village was impressive, with so many beings from so many walks of life having banded together to build something better. In a way, it reminded her of the Dark Hunters, albeit with a lot less squabbling and backstabbing.

"You've done well to establish all off this in... well, all of this," she gestured vaguely at the surrounding forest, "So, how can I help out around here?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Desert

"Most likely. The skakdi usually avoid them, but whether that's due to disinterest or danger, I can't be sure."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Eyru @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

With - Sidra

Viltia smiled at the compliment and then pondered the question. What could Sidra do around here? She scratched the side of her mask as all the forge workers got back to work and the noise level increased. “We could always use more guards. But I guess it really depends on what you can do. We have a pretty good handle on security at the moment, so what are your interests, what do you want to do? Everyone here could use a helping hand in their own jobs so you can probably choose the one that suits you best, or even roam around helping where you want day to day.

It had been a very long time since anyone had asked Sidra what she wanted. She wasn't even sure of the answer. 

Deep down, she knew her desire to claim the "Nuva" in the temple bordered on childish. She didn't know what it was, only that it was important, and it wasn't meant for her. But she wanted it nonetheless, to show that she could do it, to prove to the powers that be that it was up to her to dictate her own path forward in life. 

In the meantime, though, she figured it was best to stick to what she was good at. 

"I'd probably be good as a scout or defender, if you needed more help with that," she replied, "I did my fair share of odd jobs in my, uh, previous profession." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

With - Sidra

Viltia nodded and slowly smiled, “Scout would actually be perfect! We have good defenders, but no one is well trained enough to actually map or search out the swamp without dying. My mask allows me some protection, but I have no training whatsoever. Like I said it’s mostly the Kahu and luck that keep me alive.

If we could learn our surroundings or maybe even the patterns of surrounding Rahi and giant insects, then we would be able to devise much better defenses or even go on expeditions to gather resources. With your skill and whatever training the odd jobs from your old profession gave you, you might be perfect for it.

Old profession... Viltia had loved being a gardener. Now she could grow plants from her fingertips. She almost missed the feeling of a job well done, hands caked with fresh dirt. But being a Toa had turned out to only expand her joy of the Green to greater heights. Now she could cause things to grow that would never be able to grow in their current climate. She could make fruit ripe with a touch. It allowed her to provide for her village and she loved it.

"Well, I'd be happy to help," she said, hesitating for a moment as she considered continuing. Was it a good idea to give her intentions so soon? She didn't have to reveal her whole goal, at least not yet. "I do have a bit of an interest in disk crafting," she added, "I haven't had any practice, but I'd be keen to learn in my spare time, or something like that." 

@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Uraborask (THE CUBE)

As the skak spoke, Uraborask's attention was planted upon his rig, as his deductive vision went to work...And well, he couldn't honestly makes heads or tails of it. Although Gore's vision allowed him to see that certainly something had occurred to the truck, with a few obvious signs clueing him in on that the rig was nearly completely dissembled as far as he could tell and it was thoroughly cleaned, he couldn't tell what exactly happened. A begrudging sneer grew upon the skakdi's face, as Uraborask's realized that his own lack of technical and mechanical knowledge made any attempt to surmise sabotage or intentional mistakes in the vehicle's reconstruction near impossible without spending more time then he cared to waste.

Turning towards Cravious, Uraborask simply said, "This will do. Know, I will return, and if anything goes wrong with this..." Uraborask leaned closely in, his monstrous size overshadowing the much smaller skak. "...I will return with more than just your request." Uraborask growled out, a threatening hint lining each word.

Not caring to waste time or to listen to the skakdi's incessant speech, Uraborask took the keys from the skak and boarded the truck, driving out of the Cube and returning to his hut. Returning to his shack, Uraborask entered the shack, immediately being greeted Skrillix, before he grabbed what food remained, a few extra gilly suits and mesh, and a half-a-quiver extra arrows. Returning to the door, Uraborask paused as Skrillix's whimpers began to start. Turning back towards the Hapaka, Uraborask stood there, a sense of contention welling within him...Before he finally took the Hapaka and brought her with him to the truck, the two now heading off towards the South, to the Fau Swamp.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mahrika's Memories
Mahrika thought back on her past. After rummaging through the drawers of her jostled and faded memories, she came across one still clear: a waterfall made to look like a great mask of water breathing above her old village. She remembered it was to the East of where she stood, along the coast. 

@Harvali, thank you for your patience!

Happy chat.

With - Sidra

"Well, I'd be happy to help," Sidra said, hesitating a moment.

Viltia was very glad to have found her right then. Not only did Viltia potentially save a life, but now Sidra might just be a great asset to all of their survival. That was Destiny for you. Even with Mata Nui apparently dead, Destiny went on just the same.

"I do have a bit of an interest in disk crafting," Sidra added, "I haven't had any practice, but I'd be keen to learn in my spare time, or something like that." 

Hey!” Viltia said, taking one of Sidra’s hands in her own and squeezing in excitement as her grin widened, “I never thought I would ever say this, but I’ve been thinking of asking Beruv to teach me as well. We could learn together! We could, well…” Viltia let go of Sidra’s hand, scratching her mask again as doubt crept into her voice, “Well it might not be for the best for me. I am a Toa of the Green after all. I’m more inclined to things that can grow and must be cared for, not metal and fire. I think I almost shouldn’t learn more about Kanoka. It’s like going against my nature or something. Like I would ruin my destiny.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - 5 Vehicle NPCs

Okay, so he was slightly intimidated by Uraborask’s show of force. Who cares, really? Any other Skak except for like maybe three or four others would have been intimidated as well. At least the threat was empty. Cravious had spent a whole night making sure that truck could make it through the Fau Swamp and back with Uraborask still alive inside it.

Cravious looked forward to the day when he could study the mechanisms of flight from the Rahi Uraborask brought him. But that day would be in at least a week, potentially two. Three weeks would be stretching it, but the dangers of the Fau Swamp couldn’t be downplayed.

Closing the garage ramp, Cravious went over to his suitcase, opening the metal clasps and peering at the contents within. Two Heartlights and the key to his Debt Collector greeted his optics. He shut the suitcase, clasps snapping closed. It was time to get his Kraata.

He went over to one of the Cube’s command consoles and powered on the treads of his favorite creation. The Cube shifted as it rose into the air. The noise level of the vehicle remained fairly quiet, with the engine running off of a combination of his Lightning and special device he made with his Improbable Machine. Relying on his cameras for now, the Cube drove off, leaving a square patch of sand where it had been resting. Cravious was very glad to be rid of the Rig, despite the money it made him.

It was time to head south. Avoiding the Tahtorak along the way, of course.

4 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Well it might not be for the best for me. I am a Toa of the Green after all. I’m more inclined to things that can grow and must be cared for, not metal and fire. I think I almost shouldn’t learn more about Kanoka. It’s like going against my nature or something. Like I would ruin my destiny.

It took no small amount of effort for Sidra not to roll her eyes at the remark about Destiny. She was no stranger to the hope that there was a meaning, a purpose, behind what happened to her, but the Toa and Matoran in particular tended to be caged by their Three Virtues. Even with their god gone, they still clung to Mata Nui's ideals, like lost children still looking for a parent to guide their path. 

"It seems to me that you've all been making your own destinies our here for a while now," she pointed out, trying to sound encouraging, "Take it from someone who doesn't have an element: the power you wield shouldn't dictate what you choose to do with your life."

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Taja | The Desert

Taja closed her eyes. Of course. But there'd be time for that after she got some rest. She hadn't slept in over twenty-four hours, and the events of the past day had been tiring by anyone's standards. Her weariness seemed to go down to her very bones.

"Wake me in a few hours," she said. She considered adding a please, but by then she was already asleep.

IC: Whisper – Desert

While Taja rested, Whisper settled down atop a flat stone, still slightly warm from the departed daylight, summoning a few luminescent insects to keep her company.

Sleep was one of the stranger habits the biologicals indulged in.

She understood what it was, the purpose it served, but she still couldn’t entirely wrap her mind around the concept. Within her armour, Whisper was nothing but thoughts, constant contemplation suspended in a cloud of gas. The thought of simply shutting down, of losing her awareness even temporarily, frightened and intrigued her in equal measure.

If she completed her ultimate goal of becoming a being of blood and biology, she supposed she would have to learn to adjust to such habits and needs. The thought had been little more than a fantasy to her for quite some time, but it was starting to feel attainable. With that possibility came more details to decide on. What kind of body would she create? What manner of creature would she be?

She ruminated on her options as she sat upon her stone, watching the cycle of life unfold around her. Small insects – lured nearby by her powers – scurried and scuttled across the sand and stone. Their presence drew their larger, more predatory kin, which in turn attracted small rahi, rodents and lizards, hunter and hunted alike.

In her experience, there was always a bigger fish, always something more cunning or careful to pick off even the most persistent of predators. She had no wish to usurp the food chain and make herself an apex creature, but if she was to someday become part of the natural order, whether it was among the rahi or with the sapient races, she knew she would have to choose a form that would allow her to hold her own against far more practiced predators.

The moon cast long, shapely shadows against the pallid sands, shadows that stretched and shifted as the moon gradually moved across the sky.

Once she felt certain a few hours had passed, she dispatched a few insects to buzz by Taja’s ears, which she hoped would be a more unobtrusive way to awaken the Toa, without prodding or shouting at her.

@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Keitara (Metru-Koro ruins)

(Suggested listening)

There was something… off. She couldn't put her finger on it until the roar shook the island.

Matoran were created in a time of conflict, and something ancient and primal clicked in the base of Keirara's skull.

The mass she had begun to realize was her kraata shifted uneasily as the warrior turned around…

The volcano. It was at the center of the island, visible from virtually any spot. And emerging from its maw, magma trailing in thin rivulets from its gleaming silver and ultramarine scales, was…

A Tathorahk. But completely unlike any she'd ever heard described before. It almost looked as though it could tear open the felled head of the Great Spirit Robot with a single clawed hand.

"What" she said in awed fear, gripping the handle of her shield in a futile search for security, "the blazes is that?"

Keitara didn't often remember her dreams in any detail, but her night terrors were shockingly fresh and vivid in her mind. Including the location she had been driven to. 

Almost as if it sensed her thoughts, the kraata slithered gently back to its home latched on to her spinal column.

She whirled around to her friends. "Skorm. Irna. Intact hut. Talk. Now!"

(OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Smudge8 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Conway)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika felt Vokarda massage her spine, helping her focus. Her nerves and sensors throbbed with stimulation, her optics closed. A smile faintly grew beneath her mask, and her fingers drummed the air.

It was, as confusing and stressful as this day had been, there was good too. She and Vokarda had survived an encounter with a Skakdi, and she had found another Matoran. They had even solved an ancient puzzle of her people, recovering artifacts of her people. And Vokarda felt, different. Not bad, just more responsive somehow. Had solving the puzzle made her stronger? She mused on all these things, even as she tried to remember.

Finally she looked back towards Ollem and managed, “I remember something. To the east on the coast, there … there is a waterfall that was carved to look like a mask. I think it was a mask of water breathing. That’s … that’s all I can remember right now, but it’s more than I thought I could recall. My head’s all jumbled. Should we head towards the waterfall?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Zsann, aboard the Taku, Cargo Bay

Zsann almost managed not to flinch at the medic's question. Almost. The Skakdi hesitated for a brief moment, then nodded carefully.
"I-I-I th-think s-s-s-so."

With a small sigh she did something that surprised herself more than anyone else, and sat down as well, keeping a respectful distance to Triage. Whether she would wait inside the van or outside for this to be over did not really make a difference at this point.

OOC: I've been busy with other stuff recently, so I guess I'll try to get back into the flow of things. Please excuse the short post; best I could do.
@ZippyWharrgarbl @Tarn

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)