Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Whisper - Swamp Outskirts

"Most things must kill to live. Did your universe function differently?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Taja | Swamp Outskirts

That was a good question. If Taja was being honest, she didn't know. She had lived a safe, comfortable life in Metru Nui until the fall. The most danger a Matoran of Metru Nui ever encountered was usually self-inflicted: chute surfing and disk tossing were the two examples that sprang to mind. Thanks to the Toa and the Vahki, she had never worried about walking down the street. It was different here, but perhaps not so different from other parts of her universe. Other, less civilized islands had surely housed dangers of their own.

So she settled for a shrug. "I lived in a city. No wild Rahi. No Skakdi raiders. I never had to kill anything to live, and I never felt like anything was going to kill me. I guess I was lucky."

"But what of the food you ate?" She challenged, "To sustain a city, surely your people would have had to harvest crops, hunt animals."

Civilised or not, killing was still killing. The island simply had less rules than the city. 

@Eyru

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location -  The Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - Sidra

This time Viltia was prepared somewhat for the total lack of senses. It was still scary and it freaked her out, but this time she focused on her connection to Sidra through her hand. As long as she didn’t let go, she would be fine. Although this time was aware of something perhaps even worse, she started to notice they weren’t exactly in a complete void. Whispers and images danced at the corners of her vision, never fully realized and disappearing when noticed.

And then it was over. Once more the plants in the immediate vicinity jumped into her subconscious as she instinctively felt them pop into existence beside her. She was still a little uneasy from the trip, but the worst part had been the initial surprise of it all.

"Okay," Sidra checked a still from the nektann's footage, aligning the direction of the hole in the canopy with her current position, "The breach was that way. We should probably go the rest of the way on foot. I'd rather not teleport us in on top of trouble, if whoever landed isn't friendly." 

Alright,” Viltia said, something pulling her attention away for some reason. What was it? She gripped Sidra’s hand again, which she found without looking, “Be quiet.” Her tone was serious, all mirth gone. There was something wrong…

A blur flew past in the distance. A bright orange streak on the edge of her vision. Then two more, one orange and one green. Viltia was able to watch those. Nui-Rama. The noise she heard must have been their buzzing coming closer. The noise itself wasn’t just a hum, one could almost hear an anger behind it that rose in fury the louder it got.

They swooped around the distance for some unknown reason before flying out of sight. Viltia let out a breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding. She gave a soft smile to Sidra as she let go of her friend’s hand and grabbed her axe crossbow from her back, a bit of joy back in her voice, “Well they certainly didn’t sound too friendly. Let’s go carefully, then. Oh, and whatever you do, try not to step in any water. Apparently some ponds can mutate you like you see with some of the Rahi here in this swamp.”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Reliable Narrator | Air Suva with Sala and Sorilax

“Oh!” The ga-matoran shouted in surprise as Sala revealed himself. An expression of dread and shock came over her and she scampered inside the suva temple and out of sight. In her hurry she forgot to pick up the small drawstring sack resting on the stairs. Echoed out of the temple walls Sala heard another shout of surprise, the squawk of rahi as small birds flew out, and the crashing and breaking of wooden branches.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

IC: Axxon | Abandoned Fortress, Northern edge of the protodermis lake 

He watched the three toa grow closer from the destroyed second floor where he and Atamai stood overlooking the toxic waters. The crash from the great skull and the resulting impact ripped apart half the floorboards, the ceiling, and the walls, leaving the upper stories of the fortress a terrifying and rickety wreck. Axxon knew time ran quickly out, and he needed to act fast if there was any chance of success. As Atamai pushed his hand aside, Axxon replied;

“I’m sorry too, Atamai, for I must take them from you by force and return to try and avert this horrid end before you allies make this impossible. This end must be because the Great Disks were taken, and unable to complete what needed to be completed, the Ark could not sustain itself and fell apart. You speak truly of the world you lived, but in visiting the past it must have changed when you stole the Great Disks. You speak plainly, and while that is honorable I too have a duty and an honor to maintain.”

Axxon lunged forward with his weapon, the steel glinting in the twilight of the stars. “If you will  not heed my words, then heed the bite of my halberd!”

OOC: Boss Fight? @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @The Captain, @~Xemnas~

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added Axxon
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, ???

Sorilax stepped forward to stand beside Sala, “Well, I do suppose that is a most logical response to seeing anything new or unknown in the Fau Swamp. Good instincts, that one.” He heard the snapping of branches inside and the small bird Rahi as they fled the little temple. “Well, poor execution, but I suppose I can’t say much. That Bog Snake back there almost gave me another reason to invest in buying several Regeneration Kanoka.

He stepped forward and picked up the small drawstring sack the Ga-Matoran had left behind. He held it out to Sala, “Hum… I am fairly certain she forgot this.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

"Thanks," Sidra realised she was whispering, though the insects were already gone from sight. She raised her voice back to a normal level before continuing. "Hopefully they aren't heading in the same direction we are." 

She started to move forward, being careful to avoid the water as Viltia had advised. 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

"Yes, well...I'm not one to turn away those in need," she replied, shrugging. Even though, she thought, maybe it would have been better to guide them to Po-Koro at the moment, far away from...this. Unfortunately, it was short notice, the walk was long, and the Toa of Magnetism wasn't sure how that village would take to baby Skakdi after what had happened there. Kanohi might have been welcoming, but she had never been too familiar with the rest of the residents. And then, there was Arkius...

"I'm Nale," she said, placing a palm on her chest. Responding to Mazor's question, she then said, "Just come along with me. We'll figure something out."

The Toa of Magnetism beckoned for the babysitters to follow, turning and heading further into the ruined village. Nale wondered if Metru-Koro had ever had a daycare, and if it was still intact. Any place that still had a roof was enough at this point. "You've arrived at a difficult time, as I suppose is obvious. What's the story between you," she looked over her shoulder at Mazor (taking note of his appearance), "and the other one? Ostrox. Were you with the League before the crash? He doesn't seem to like you."

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Jutori - Stone Ruins Exterior

"Sure, Po-Koro," Jutori replied from inside the four-wheeler, reclined back in his seat, wondering where Atamai was. Wondering what was behind that door. Wondering why his friends were so indecisive.

"Never been there. This is the farthest I've been from Metru-Koro since...you know. Let's make an adventure of it, yeah?"

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali

IC: Rose - Pridak's Throne Room

This wasn't doing much to help. The Toa of Water struggled against Rose's superior strength, continuing to mumble the unshakable order. The larger Toa sighed and shifted her arms slightly, now putting Saybo in a hold with her hand pressing against the back of the Ga-Toa's neck and squeezing, essentially flexing him into unconsciousness. Immediately, once he was out, she then loosened her grip and slowly lowered Saybo to the floor. He'd wake up soon, she thought, and hopefully once he did his thoughts would be back to normal. A trickle of blood down her arm reminded the Ta-Toa of her injury, and she grimaced once she noticed the pain taking down Saybo had caused. Don't think about it, don't think about it, don't think about it, she thought. The mission. The mission was Pridak and the mission had to be completed...even if it took everything in her.

Rose drew her revolver again and checked her ammo, then climbed over the rock wall, landing on the other side and taking aim at the League leader as he dueled with Aurax.

She didn't see Stannis.

No matter. The old man was fine, surely, and if not there was no time for her to grieve anyone. The Toa of Fire squeezed the trigger and a firework round went for the Takean's head.

@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

OOC: For reference, Rose has put Saybo into a "rear naked" choke, which if we're going by reality he should only be out for ten seconds (maybe less). Something like this. Autohit approved by Kal. Also threw in a Jutori post--let's make Odd Company relevant again.

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - The Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - Sidra

Viltia hoped so as well. With her mask she might be able to get one of them to leave, but insects were much harder to control, especially big ones like Nui-Rama. But maybe it wouldn’t matter. Maybe they would find this new being without trouble and get them back to safety quickly.

Viltia followed along behind Sidra, offering tips on traversing the terrain as they went. She hadn’t realized she had picked up so much knowledge about the swamp until she saw Sidra doing things that were better to avoid in such dangerous topography. Suddenly the knowledge seemed to jump into her mind, screaming to be told to her friend to avoid possible injury. Things like certain trees having dangerous mushrooms blooming on them, like how to choose the best pathways that allowed you easy access to nearby roots in case of quicksand or a quagmire, or like how certain noises or absence of noises hinted at where or where not to travel.

There was one large bog that spread across the ground of a wide and shallow ravine before them like syrup on a pancake. Its many connected ponds spread far and required them to take some time to climb out of the ravine and move around it.

Viltia just hoped this new being was alright and hadn’t been taken by Rahi. If they had been… well, then they were most likely lost for good. The swamp didn’t like to give up its dead.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Sidra - Fau Swamp

Up until now, Sidra had thought herself to be an adept navigator. She was skilled at weaving her way through a crowd, traversing a city's rooftops, understanding the complexities of the urban sprawl... but the swamp was an entirely different environment to what she was used to. Every crevice, every creature, hid potential dangers. 

Headstrong and reckless though she was, she knew better than to challenge or defy the advice of someone who knew more than she did. She diligently adhered to every suggestion Viltia gave as they navigated the terrain, working their way towards the apparent crash site... 

@Kal the Guardian

"I guess you're right," Taja admitted. "We did eat meat."

She hadn't thought of it that way. Metru Nui, for all its pomp and splendour, still operated by the most basic rule of survival: one must kill to survive. The Matoran had lived off the harvest of the land and sea. Their easy life had been paid for by the death of others, even if they were just Rahi.

She shouldn't judge this island so harshly, she decided. It was a barbaric place, but it was also more honest. It was easy to know where you stood when everything was trying to kill you.

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC, Atamai: Fort

Atamai didn't even have time to roll his eyes as Axonn lunged at him with his halberd. Still clutching the disks, Atamai stepped back and swung his newly acquired hammer with his free hand to attempt to bat away the polearm. 

"First Dume, and now you. Why are people from your time so stubborn?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @The Captain

"What's it like? Eating, I mean," Whisper blurted out. "I comprehend the purpose of the activity, but there is so much I don't understand about the process." 

@Eyru

IC: Ultan, Leklo, Korruhn | Abandoned Fortress, Northern edge of the protodermis lake 

Ultan had been too lost in his thoughts to offer a counter-argument to their detour, and the crumbling fortress along the cragged cliffside was along their route. He had seldom lifted his eyes off of the colossal skull in the approaching distance, the rising moonlight beaming off of its shattered dome. As strange of a sight as it was... something about it was off, and the longer he stared, the more certain of the feeling, though he could not quite place the cause...

Their speeders crested over a grassy knoll. As they reached the summit of the coastal castle, the distant clash of steel rang clearly through the crisp salt-licked air. His trance finally broken, Ultan turned to see atop the ruin two figures, one a hulking mass of red and silver steel, bearing a great pike, and a single Toa fending off the brute quite literally single-handedly, one arm clutching a set of artifacts across his chest. 

"You gentlemen seeing what I'm seeing?"

Ultan lifted his hand off of the speeder's clutch and conjured aloft an emerald fireball, flickering in his palm like a ghostly lantern. It gave off a cool heat, the same felt just before a body registers a scarring burn is taking place. 

"Should we shed some light for our beleaguered brother?"

OOC: *airhorns* @Crimson Jester,@Unreliable Narrator@EmperorWhenua, @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC Leklo | Abandoned Fortress, Northern edge of the protodermis lake 

"Ataman," Leklo eked under his breath, more a verbal processing than for anyone else's benefit. "Ataboy? Atamai." He knew that man—briefly, albeit, but he was familiar enough that he recognized him in an instant as a fellow survivor from Metru Nui and another of the Great Disc searchers. It seemed like Dume's newly created team of toa had better survivorship odds than anyone in this land called Zakaz. 

"I see them. The toa is one Atamai. He was created toa shortly after Kor and I." The former alpinist only studied the lay of the land for a second before he nodded once to Ultan. Whatever Atamai was doing with whoever that was was not going to go well from the looks of it, and the telltale motions of aggression and defense were easy to notice. Atamai was not a friend, but he likely suffered the same basic sense of wayward destiny as the rest of the Toa Dume, lacking a real focus for the powers they were so suddenly bequeathed and instead roving the world for answers and solutions. He was a man worth helping, if for nothing else but principle and to aid another Metru Nui native. 

"I will climb the walls and flank them. Climbing... is my speciality.

He took off on the speeder, sprinting across what space was left between he and the ruin, and then he vanished under the cover of night.

"No. I understand it to be a kind of yearning, but more... biological." 

@Eyru

"That's... accurate, really," the Toa said. "It's a desire, but it's all in your body. I can want food just like I can want anything else, but that's a different feeling from being hungry. Hunger isn't voluntary. You can't just stop being hungry. Not without eating."

She paused, trying to organize her thoughts. "So... eating is the fulfillment of that yearning. That's why it's enjoyable. Food can taste good, smell good... but that's all secondary to the feeling of hunger being satisfied."

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru

"I... think I understand," she said. "Hunger is a need, not a desire."

@Eyru

"Exactly," Taja agreed. "It's like the need to sleep. Or the need for water. I can try to ignore it, but eventually it has to be met."

The blurry green shapes on the horizon had materialized now into tall, twisted trees. The ground underfoot was now softer than ever—Taja could feel water squishing with every step. She looked up in wonder. The trees had their own leaves, but they were also overgrown with vines, mosses, and lichens that hung from their branches like half-discarded clothes. The dry air of the desert had slowly been replaced by the damp, humid air of the jungle. Accompanying the humidity was the smell of stagnant water and rotting plant life, and the sound of insects buzzing.

"So, this is the swamp," she said. "It's beautiful."

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru

IC: Whisper - Fau Swamp

Beauty. Another concept Whisper couldn't entirely grasp... though she understood enough to know that her chosen form was generally considered to be the opposite of it. "Don't let the facade deceive you. This place hides its fair share of dangers." 

@Eyru

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

Taja nodded. Following Whisper's earlier advice, she kept close to the trees as they entered the swamp, stepping carefully over the twisted roots. The ground was soft and wet, but stable enough to walk on. The ground was sunken between each tree, and the bottom of each sump was filled with green-brown water. Little rafts of algae floated here and there in these puddles, which, as they moved deeper into the swamp, gradually grew bigger and bigger until they were no longer puddles but one vast, interconnected body of water.

Overhead, the sky was hidden by great canopies of vibrant green leaves. Long vines and strings of ivy dangled down into the water, sending ripples across the ponds every time they moved. The sound of buzzing insects grew louder; here and there, Taja saw the little creatures skittering up and down tree trunks or floating patiently in the water. Dragonflies hummed through the air, pausing here and there to hover effortlessly like tiny airships. Their colourful bodies gleamed in the soft light.

And higher up in the canopy, the occasional cry of some unseen Rahi sounded through the leaves. These chitters and screeches startled the Toa whenever they came, but she was fascinated by them. She had never studied Rahi. She had preferred to keep her lonely company in the knowledge towers, studying the movements of the stars. But the dances of the heavens suddenly seemed unbearably sterile when compared to this swamp. Life was abundant here; it flourished in every crevice and blossomed in every crack. Mushrooms sprouted from fallen logs; wasps built their nests in the crooks of tree limbs. Throughout it all, the thick, humid air of the swamp hung like a warm blanket. It was intoxicating.

Her attention lapsed, Taja found herself suddenly slipping on a muddy patch of grass. Her heart leapt into her throat. She balanced on one foot for a long second, arms windmilling, then cried out as she fell into the water with a splash that silenced the swamp for a brief moment. Then the noise resumed in earnest, and the Toa stood up as quickly as she could. She wiped the algae off her armour as she stumbled out of the water, muttering words she'd only heard in the dive bars of Le-Metru.

"Sorry," she said wearily. "Got distracted."

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

As one who had made the journey through the swamps many time, Whisper found her surrounds less wondrous, and more mundane. But at Taja's words, she recalled her early days of existence, when the profound mysteries of every creature and locale she came across perplexed her to no end. She had spent months observing, impervious to the vulnerabilities of pain and fatigue that afflicted most biological beings. 

So she offered no stern remark or repeated warning, and simply made a nod of acknowledgement. She paused long enough to ensure that Taja was unharmed, and had regained her footing, before she continued slithering forth through the swamp. 

@Eyru

Hours passed.

Although the green canopy shielded them from the sunlight, Taja could still sense when the sun reached its zenith. The light that dappled through the foliage was strong and bright, and she instinctively avoided it. She skirted around the more treacherous bogs and pools, and only sloshed her way through the marsh when no dry path presented itself. All around her, the swamp continued to exist as though she was not there, like a vast organism that didn't even notice her. Insects buzzed, birds chirped, and Rahi shrieked in the trees. She felt like an insect herself, creeping along the skin of a creature so giant that neither could fathom the existence of the other.

Whisper, for her part, moved unswervingly through the swamp. She seemed to know exactly where she was going, like she was heeding a call that only she could hear. It helped that she didn't need to worry about slipping in the mud or falling into the murky water. Taja followed her as best she could, although she knew eventually she would need to stop and rest. The Aspect had no such need, so it would be up to the Toa to call a break.

Breathing hard, she finally did so partway through the afternoon, if her senses were right. Raising a hand, she called out to the Aspect slithering ahead of her. "Hey. Let's stop for a bit."

@Nato the Traveler

The Aspect didn't object to the Toa's request. Taja had been the one to ask to set out on this journey, after all. "Of course," she said, drifting back towards Taja and settling down at the foot of a nearby tree. Small insects buzzed lazily around her armour, drawn in by her power. She let them wander, biting and stinging in futility at her not-flesh. 

From her observations of organics, times of rest such as this often involved small talk and banter, but she had no clue where to begin, so instead looked expectantly at Taja, waiting to see if the Toa wished to engage in conversation. 

@Eyru

Taja sat down on the low-hanging limb of a nearby banyan tree. It creaked under her weight, but held strong. Reaching into her pack, she pulled out a waterskin and took a long drink. She wiped her mouth, then took out a piece of jerky and took a bite. She wondered if maybe she shouldn't sleep for a few hours and continue their journey when it got a dark. Walking in the day felt more draining than walking at night. The simple presence of light, even diffused through the trees, seemed to have a negative effect on her stamina.

"So," she said after a minute or two of silence. "You're not the only one of your race, are you? Are they all like you?"

@Nato the Traveler

"We are as alike as..." she paused, searching for an adequate analogy, "...rocks in a stream. All are stone, but each is unique. Quartz, granite, sandstone, and so on. Each starts out a different shape and texture, and is worn down by time and travel, becoming something more refined once removed from the water." 

She lazily trailed her tails across the ground, disturbing the leaf litter. "We are all Aspects, but we each take on a different form, each pursue our own goals, and are gradually shaped and changed by the dreams we pursue." 

@Eyru

• Like 3

Taja didn't reply immediately. She was struck by the poetry of the sentiment. Whisper's observation was oddly endearing. She supposed it was a true enough description of anyone—one Matoran could be as different from another as quartz from granite, and yet they were both still Matoran. She looked down at her own hands, so newly recoloured: she couldn't imagine there being another Toa like her, but she was still a Toa. As time went on, she would continue to change and grow, and yet a Toa she would remain. Despite their differences, she and Iradra would always be alike in that regard. 

It was funny, she mused, how everything seemed to simultaneously change while staying the same. Having undergone two transformations in as many weeks, she felt like an alien in her own body. And yet, she was still Taja. She still felt like herself... and also not. She wondered what she would be like in a year, or a hundred years. Would that Taja still be recognizable? Or would the river of time refine her into something new? How much of oneself was innate and permanent; and how much was mutable and shaped by experience?

She was sure some Ko-Matoran philosopher had written a treatise on the idea. As an astronomer, she was no stranger to these questions. Many astrologers found it difficult to reconcile the certainty of the stars with the appearance of free will. How much of one's life was prescribed by destiny, and how much was left up to you? Could anyone really do anything of their own free will, or was the illusion of choice really just that—an illusion? If so, then what was the point of doing one's Duty, anyway? Destiny would happen regardless.

In the same vein of thought, did she really have any control over the shape she was being molded into? A Toa of Water could control a river, but no one could control time (even though Turaga Dume had seemed convinced he could). If choice was an illusion, than maybe change was too. The appearance of change might just be the immutable direction of destiny, prescribing them all into the roles they were destined to fill. "Taja" had changed, but she was still Taja. Perhaps these transformations were just making her more "Taja" than she had been before, until she was "Taja" enough to fulfill her destiny.

...her head ached. She remembered why she left these stupid discussions to the philosophers. She preferred the stars: they didn't ask you to understand. They just asked you to listen.

Speaking of listening, she realized Whisper was still looking at her, waiting on a reply. Her cheeks coloured.

"And you... you hope to change into something like me."

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 2

IC “Collector” - Stone Ruins

Collector nodded, revving their scavenged bike as they prepared to lead the convoy. “It is a bit far for me too. Po-Koro is still a fair distance away, but I believe it should still be closer than Metru-Koro.“ They paused and asked, “Do you think, do you think the power of that chamber, do you think it works like the empowering/time machine Dume wanted? Or do … do you think it might be a way to, to gain the power of a Toa?

OOC: @Snelly @Tarn @Onaku @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC [Coliseum]:

The traitor Toa continued to back up until the path was blocked by one of the stone barriers Stannis had placed. Aurax had jumped in the ring with me to take a cheap shot and missed. Now his cowardice was about to bite him back. I had him now. No point in further dragging this out. In a flash my blade was up, poised to fell the traitor in one slice. Just like I had been taught.

For a fraction of a fraction of a second I saw myself back home in my youth, carefully watched by my mentors as I practiced my swordsmanship against the training dummies. Father would have been proud.

My grip tensed and I swung - and then my vision erupted with white flashes, I felt a jolt of electricity from my shoulder as circuits ruptured, my knees buckled from a sudden impact. Something exploded by my head, and suddenly the room was spinning.

-----

Looking down the sights of her gun, Rose saw Waveahk land atop the warlord, just as she squeezed the trigger. The Steltian’s sword, driven by his mass, dug deep into the armor, severing servos and conduits in an explosion of sparks. Twisted by the sudden impact, the firework round hit the armor instead of the warlord’s head and detonated, throwing both Pridak and Waveahk sideways.

The warlord fell, the upper right of his armor nothing more than smoldering scrap metal clinging to the Takean’s frame that it was supposed to protect.

-----

When I caught my bearing again, my vision was fuzzy with broken input from my armor’s ocular feed. Flashes of white status readouts interrupted by flashes of red warnings. I was on the floor, sideways, staring up at the edge of the rock barrier. There was a high pitched beeping in my right audio receptor that wouldn’t go away and my left was assaulted by alarms. I blinked, tried to shake off the disorientation and climb back up to my feet - but I couldn’t. The servos wouldn’t budge. I tried to look down and noticed my line of sight obstructed by the remains of the collar that had saved my life a moment earlier. I paid attention to the flashing readouts - but the display was too busted to make out more than a lot of red. Suffice it to say the suit was fried.

“Gaaarrrhhhyou spirit-forsaken no-good traitor brakas!”

I didn’t even notice the words I yelled, struggling until I’d maneuvered my body against the inert armor enough so that I could hit the eject switch.

-----

The next instant, Pridak’s assailants heard another bang as parts of the armor went flying, purposefully jettisoned by the warlord, who was now rising from the scrapped suit, grunting in anger and frustration with the effort.

“You no-good Karzhani-loving wannabe usurpers - you come into my domain, break my stuff - you think you can do this to me!?”

None of them had ever seen the warlord out of his suit. Pridak was still tall, but also...thin. Nothing like the imposing figure that had strode across battlefields in his suit of powered armor. No, the warlord appeared almost frail and looked like he struggled to stand.

He chuckled. It sounded pained. “Heh. You can shoot me, but you can’t kill me. And you know why? Cause I own this - “ he gestured with one free hand, before clenching it into a first - “I conquered it. It’s mine! Mine! And I’m not losing it. No way I’m losing.”

-----

I had it with these people. I was so furious, I'd actually started laughing. Reaching down, I grabbed the handle of my sword, still clutched in my suit’s hand. With another growl, I wrenched it free. Not gonna lie, I’d forgotten how heavy it was. Just lifting the cursed thing made my muscles burn. That’s why I'd had that armor in the first place! But fine...they wanted to play it this way, we’d play it this way.

“Oh you’ve got no idea who you’re messing with! I’m gonna take this sword, I’m gonna go right back to where we left off and I’m gonna slice you into so many little pieces, the undead in the silver lake will think it’s naming day!”

-----

If a machine like the summoned ACR could feel surprise at all, it probably would at the fact it found no further opposition in its path. Despite registering several indicators that security measures were in place, none of them were active. Otis didn’t know it, but the damage the fall had caused was extensive and the blast doors and other obstacles that would normally hinder an assailant or fire from reaching adjacent parts of the building had been disabled by the crash and there simply hadn’t been the time or resources to fix them. The path was clear.

OOC: @Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Tarn

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC, Aurax and OTIS: Coliseum

Aurax grinned wickedly. The warlord had left his suit. Now the real fun would begin.

Aurax's hands glowed with plasma, and he activated his Mask of Charisma. "You think just because you conquered the city you're invincible. But you're no king. You're no god. You're a failure, constantly hiding in a warsuit. And now that you're out of it, you'll die like Mata Nui did."

A loud smashing of metal sound was heard. Loud, heavy footsteps. A large, pilotless ACR stepped into the room. OTIS had arrived at its master's request.

The AI scanned the room briefly, locked onto Pridak, then fired five rounds from its plasma cannon at the warlord's face. 

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

8 hours ago, Eyru said:

"And you... you hope to change into something like me."

"Yes. I wish to live - and someday die - as a being of freedom and flesh." 

@Eyru

"Living I can understand," Taja said. "But you already live in most of the ways that matter. Don't you?"

Placing her hands at her sides, she leaned back carefully on the limb, keeping her balance. "You think. You speak. You reason. You dream and want, and have everything in common with me except physical needs. But feeling hunger doesn't make me any more alive than you."

She paused, not sure how her companion would react to her next question. "So, I guess my question is... why do you want to die?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Waveahk was sent flying by the impact of Rose’s blast, his blade knocked out of his grip. But rather than skid across the ground, he was instead left spiraling through the air, having reduced his gravity instinctively to avoid collision with the cold hard floor. This sent him flying out of the window, making a second hole in the glass, one that was right next to the one Stannis had made.

Achro’s look of glee as his fight with Oreius turned into frustration as his foe’s power decayed his wonderful stabber. That then suddenly turned to disgust and horror when he saw Pridak’s emaciated form. And that he was being shot at by a robot.

"Dear Krom, did I bet on the wrong steed!"

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Snelly

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro)

That was a good question. Gnabol waited for Mazor's answer, as he followed this 'Nale' to wherever she was taking them.

@Tarn@Smudge8

"Because when the time comes, I would rather end my existence as myself." Realising her comment would require further elaboration, she quickly continued. "Aspects are not born or created in the way other beings are. We are spawned from the antidermis pool on our island, and to that pool we must someday return. Everything we are, everything we've seen and been and experienced, is absorbed. I seek to break the cycle and escape that fate." 

@Eyru

IC: Taja | Fau Swamp

"I see," Taja said, although this was a half-truth. Whisper's explanation only raised further questions, but she could sympathize with the creature's plight. If time was like a river that molded each Aspect into a unique shape and texture, then how cruel it was to know that, eventually, they were doomed to return to what they had been before. To lose all their accumulated knowledge and memories to the pool that had birthed them.

If she were in the same position, Taja thought she would probably try to break the cycle too. To spit in the face of destiny and forge her own path. Better to die as yourself than to lose everything that made you you.

But wasn't that the same quandary she had found herself caught in a moment ago? If the wisdom of the astronomers still held true, then destiny had them all caught up in its grip. They were like leaves in a whirlpool, endlessly moving but never escaping. 

Although... now that she found herself in a different land under different stars, Taja wondered if the old rules still applied. Her whole world had been a container—a terrarium. Now she was outside. Was there any guarantee that destiny still held sway out here, in this strange land with its alien constellations? Perhaps she was truly free now to forge her own path, And if she was, then surely Whisper deserved that freedom too. To live and die on her own terms.

"I see. Then, after returning to the pool, are Aspects eventually born again? Can you even know?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Oreius | Pridak's Throne Room, the Coliseum

Taking advantage of his opponent's momentary distraction, Oreius conjured a blast of fire between them, blowing the two Toa apart. The blast was unlikely to harm his enemy, seeing as he was a Toa of Fire himself, but all Oreius wanted was to get some distance. Achro was blown backwards towards the wall of the throne room, while Oreius was blasted in the opposite direction—towards Pridak.

Flying through the air, he looked down and saw the warlord had exited his exo-suit. Absent his armour, Pridak's body lit up like a Naming Day tree as Oreius's Kanohi picked out each weak point and flaw. The Barraki seemed frailer and more wizened than he had expected, but perhaps that was just the juxtaposition of the hulking suit he had just abandoned. Pridak was surely still a force to be reckoned with, armour or no.

Oreius would prove himself equal to that force, or die trying. He hit the ground and turned his momentum into a roll, springing up only a metre from Pridak. From this close, he could finally look the warlord in the eyes. Pridak's eyes were black with no pupils, like a shark's. They held no illusions of mercy or pity. They were the eyes of a killer; they were the eyes of a conqueror.

With a grim smile, Oreius charged Pridak and slashed at him with his sword.

@Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

"I don't know. There is much I don't understand, except that we are all connected to the pool. Some Aspects have walked this world for centuries, perhaps even millenia. Some only exist for decades or days. But none I have crossed paths with have spoken of remembering past lives."

@Eyru