Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro

As Mazor walked he hastily rocked the Skaklet. Normally the rough ride would have made things worse, but the baby was strangely calm.

Mazor sat down on a piece of rubble. "I really messed up." He mumbled, "I should probably go back and talk to them."  The infant said nothing, it merely staired back at him and sucked it's thumb.

Mazor got lost in thought "I had thought Mata-Nui was going to make a better world, but this, " he looked around at the destroyed village, "This is just as bad, if not worse." The guilt sunk into his heart like a fishing hook. "I was selfish, Maybe the Barraki were right, if I had used the sphere to end Mata Nui, maybe we'd still be back in the sky."

He thouight back to the moments before the crash, The feeling from the sphere, it hadn't come from Mata Nui. Maybe he could still fix all this. He stood back up, and the Skaklet gave a little giggle. Mazor turned and began to walk back to the infirmary, as he did Mata Nui's words echoed in his head. 

Someday, you'll freely come back to Me.

• Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

Yeah, yeah,” Viltia replied in a tone of someone who knew something was good for them but was not enjoying it at the moment. Viltia put her hands on the table under her head, which propped up her head slightly. She sounded wistful when she spoke, “I just wish I could inject a hundred, or even a thousand years of experience into my brain and body. One wrong move in this swamp and I could not only fail myself, but everyone else as well. I wouldn’t ever want to let that happen. I won’t let it happen.

Determination filled her tired optics as she sat up, “I’ll make do in the meantime. I have to.” She smiled as she looked at Sidra, “And I don’t have to do it alone, I’ve got professional help now. Also, we get to have fun learning a new skill!

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Failure isn't something to be afraid of," she replied. She had little experience in giving feedback, consolation, or advice, but she had experience with plenty of others things, and she'd gained that experience by screwing up and stumbling, by learning what not to do. "We learn from our mistakes, not our successes." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

No, you’re right.” Viltia rested her arms on the table, the sounds of everyone else quietly eating and chatting filling in the background air. “It’s just after thousands of years honing my craft of gardening, suddenly everything that’s important to me now is brand new skills that I knew next to nothing about two weeks ago.

She sighed, “I know failure leads to growth; I’m just afraid my failures will hurt others. The problem is figuring out how to fail without hurting anyone else, I guess.

She didn't really know how to respond to Viltia's first remark. She didn't know what it was like being stuck in one place, doing one thing. She couldn't even imagine it. Her life had been one of constant change, of travel and tribulation. She'd had to adjust, to adapt, always. 

"It's hard to fail without impacting others. But it's just as hard to succeed, because success can hurt people, too," she took a few final bites of her meal before setting her bowl aside. Her expression was solemn, her words soft. "Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you, and those you're fighting for, and hope it's enough. In my experience, there's no pleasing everyone, no saving everyone, no living up to everyone's expectations."

She winced, realising how defeatist she was sounding. "I don't say that to sound pessimistic. What I mean is that you shouldn't waste your whole life worrying about the approval or praise of others. Do the best you can, for you." 

That wasn't the life Sidra herself had gotten to live.

But it was the life she wished she'd had. 

@Kal the Guardian

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

With - Sidra

Viltia nodded, mulling over the information. Sidra certainly had more experience with more things than she had ever thought possible. Unlike when Sorilax spoke, Sidra’s information cut to the true meanings behind things with little extraneous tidbits.

Yeah, kind of like what you said earlier about forging our own destinies. I should strive as hard as I can to do the best I can, making and shaping my own future. I will fail and I will fail others because that’s life, but as long as I remain in control of myself and do my best, it’s good enough. Because at the end of the day, I couldn't have done any better than my best.

She smiled and sat a little straighter, perking up and losing the fog of tiredness that had been hanging around her. “Thanks for that. You ready to go forge our destinies?

A part of Sidra felt a little guilty for Viltia being so accepting of her advice. Was it hypocritical, even immoral of her, to try to push this naive young Toa towards a path of independence and open-mindedness? Toa were traditionally so wrapped up in their values and dedicated to their duties... but that world was gone. 

This was a new age, and the more time Sidra spent here, broken and dangerous though this world was, the more she felt that she didn't want to find a way back to the universe she'd known. This was a fresh start, and if they all let go of past traditions and prejudices, then perhaps they could build something better, together. 

"Yeah, let's get started," she nodded, standing up. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Nixie | Reliable Narrator
Honestly, she didn't know how to react. These two definitely spoke with more context than she possessed. She understood the talk on protodermis though! When she didn't spend her  education staring out her apartment window through a telescope she actually learned. Thinking about it, she wondered if her apartment still stood in the ruins of her old home, or if trying to go back was a pointless act. The last time she went home ended so poorly she didn't know if she could take a second disaster. She ate some of the snacks Sorilax provided and ruminated on what her new companions talked about.

"Prayer," Nixie said after the two stopped talking and remembered she existed. "We used prayer and precision Ga-Metru engineering. My history professor Nokama said energized protodermis required something more."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

Sorilax nodded in thought. “I do say, really? Prayer, you say. Interesting. I wonder prayer to what force or forces? I myself honestly don’t know much about the stuff. This Taboo filled my head with most of what I just said. Very interesting how Taboos are not just rituals, but information packets as well.

Sorilax turned to Sala, who had seemed lost in thought and then asked more questions. Sorilax guessed a couple more minutes talking wouldn’t hurt in documenting the small temple. “Well it so seems to I that this knowledge was somehow stripped from us Aspects and sealed away in locations such as this. Though why or how this happened I know not. Nor do I know why it seems so many Aspects refuse to leave our islets to further gather lost power and information.

As for the Kaita, I actually do not know how they are technically formed. Like I said, it is some type of merging of minds that results in a merging of body. How the original inhabitants gained this knowledge, I am afraid that I also know not how it came to be this way.

And now as of your last topic, I felt the force behind my Grand Wish grow. I know as surely as this mark on my hand means I have knowledge of a Taboo that I have completed my second step through my mind only. Surely you can feel the growth as well. As for studying this place, my records are for the betterment of this island and its inhabitants; they are not any sort of power grab. The preservation of knowledge to help those with Moral Light survive is my main objective. The past here must be recorded should evil someday destroy this place. My Grand Wish can wait a little longer.

Sorilax realized he had raised his right hand to show Sala the eight pointed star on his palm. He lowered it. “Now, the knowledge of this temple must be preserved. Are we ready to begin? Or do either of you have further comments?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

With - Sidra

Viltia led the way, the weight of the day lifting off of her as she looked to the future with optimism. Along the way, she did have to shoo away a noisy, young Brakas, but they weren’t in any danger. The inside of the forging hut was still half disheveled. Although now the second forge being built was halfway done. It looked to have apparatuses for Disks to be slotted in. No doubt to be able to control the temperature more easily with Toa Disks of Fire and normal Kanoka of Freezing. It was much more impressive looking and larger than the forge the two had been learning with.

Beruv greeted them with a sly smile.

Viltia couldn’t help but to smile back, “What is it?

Beruv shrugged, her grin growing.

Viltia tried to be mock angry, but accidentally laughed, “Tell us!

Beruv waved her hand, “Alright, alright.” She held up two discs. They were both Toa Disks. One was pitch black, like at night in a building when clouds covered the sky. It was darker than any Toa Disk of Earth. The other seemed to shimmer in the glow of the lightstones. It was white one second, then yellow the next, then a soft cream. In even light, it was a mixture of all three.

I figured out the last two Toa Discs!” Beruv proudly handed the disc of Shadow to Viltia and the disc of Light to Sidra, “Take a look. Only level one, but they function.

Viltia turned the disc over in her hand. She felt… darker, somehow, holding the thing. “But how? You said no combinations worked.

Beruv pointed at the air, “Ah ha! I only thought I had tried all the combinations. Turns out the silver hued ore is not completely inert. Red, Blue, Silver and Black, Green, Silver form Light and Shadow respectively. I have no idea why silver only works for those combinations, but it does. Honestly I was getting desperate and started even adding in non-protodermis substances into the mixtures to try and figure out what I was missing. That’s when I got the idea to add the silver hue protodermis into the mix. I’m very glad I did.

Now it’s just a matter of remembering/figuring out what combines with what to make the Kanoka we need.” She motioned to the forge still being built behind her, “That will take care of higher power levels and Metru designations hopefully.

Viltia smiled broadly, no longer just happy for her friend, but for Sidra and herself as well. Gone were the days where she avoided the noise and heat of the forge. Now the noise was becoming a cheerful melody; the heat a warm embrace. She looked fondly at the disc of Shadow she held. It signified endless Kanohi possibilities.

Beruv continued, “Now, the last two days weren’t just practice. They served a purpose. Tonight I teach you how to merge two disks to create one with a new power. You two ready?

Merging disks. It was a thought that had been in the back of her mind for some time now. If the metal the sword was forged on wasn't strong enough on its own to create a Great Disk, then merging it with a powerful Kanoka of a similar power might be the way to go. Either way, it was still a skill worth having.

As she contemplated the possibility, she turned the Disk of Light over in her hands. It was slightly warm to the touch, its surface seeming to glimmer, catching and holding ambient light in ways most metal didn't. As she raised the Kanoka to her face to inspect the details more closely, she felt a slight pain in her head, like the beginnings of a migraine. The pain abated once she lowered the disk again. 

"This is great work," she quickly handed the disk back to Beruv, "Let's get started." 

@Kal the Guardian

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Collector’s optics narrowed, “So you wish to rebel against the league? That is … interesting. And useful. You say the league is a common enemy? Why are they now your enemies? What do you want?.” 

Kanohi meanwhile was thinking as he focused on repairing on the vehicles present, his hands trembling. He … he did not want to resume the war. He did not want more death. He did not want to provoke the League. But … he did not know what the Vahki would do if he refused.

They could wipe the village out, like how Vahki wipes out the Krahli. He did not want to make an alliance with a massacring breed, but they had done the massacre on the orders of the Matoran, Po-Koro was not innocent of that massacre either. And he did not know if airships were already on the way to destroy Po-Koro. It might already be too late for peace, given the upcoming attack on Metru-Koro. He … he had too many depending on him to move rashly. 

Why Stannis, why did you put me in charge?

Kanohi finally swallowed, he … he had to act, he was Akiri. “Kilo,” he said firstly, as he was more important, “I am s-sorry my people ordered yours destroyed. It was monstrous of us Matoran. If there is any way Po-Koro can make amends, I will try. And if you have any advice on this situation, please give it. I am afraid my ignorance is wider than the old Silver Sea.

The Fe-Matoran turned to the other robot. “Um, Vahki, apologies, I did not catch your name. Along with Collector’s questions, I have a question you may be able to answer. I - I am willing to discuss an alliance regardless. but … I am ignorant, and I need to know the League better to know what to do.

He swallowed, “I am afraid I have spent my life in a backwater part of the universe, I never knew why the League wanted to kill the Matoran. I heard rumors, like that they hated our worship of Mata-Nui. But is it that simple? I … I never stopped to think, but … I fear the Matoran … we might not be bloodless here.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui @pokemonlover360 anyone else is free to answer Kanohi’s questions too

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport, Exterior)

"I want freedom. Not just for myself, but for the entire Vahki race. And the Kralhi too, if he would stop threatening us. The kill order is unjust and I refuse to entertain it."

NU-8020S turned from the Vortixx and the Kralhi to address the Matoran's line of questioning. "As for what the League wants, according to the propaganda fed directly into my mind, the Matoran used the Toa upgrade to forcibly reprogram the other races with their own operating system - belief in Mata Nui - in order to exploit and control them." Perhaps she could have used more 'organic' terminology, but hopefully they would begin to see the comparisons she was drawing.

"The Turaga’s story is that of heathen barbarians looting and pillaging the innocent, whereas the Barraki’s story is that of tyrannical zealots enslaving and radicalizing the innocent. I have not received any new information that disproves either viewpoint, having experienced both regimes personally, and seen no noticeable difference from my - perhaps limited - perspective. Both have exploited and controlled the Vahki race for their own ends, merely with different justifications."

@Harvali@pokemonlover360@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

"You good?" Gnabol asked Mazor. "I need you to stay with me here, mate." Both figuratively, and literally. Nale might've been nice, but he still didn't feel entirely safe here.

@Smudge8@Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

"...As for studying this place, my records are for the betterment of this island and its inhabitants; they are not any sort of power grab. The preservation of knowledge to help those with Moral Light survive is my main objective. The past here must be recorded should evil someday destroy this place. My Grand Wish can wait a little longer...

At that statement, Sala, for the first time since the two of them met, wanted to speak out against the Aspect. To tell him that they already have the knowledge that they needed. That they have been making so much progress and that to delay would only waste time. That achieving Sorilax's grand wish as soon as possible should be his main objective. That it Is his main objective. That accomplishing it would solve all of their problems, that it would help save the Matoran...that it would allow Sala to finally be able to do something more than he has.

But he didn't, he couldn't. Just before Sala spoke, before he protested wasting time on cataloging the degenerating ruin that they stood in, a presence upon Sala's mind halted him. A frigid, oppressive, foreboding presence took momentary hold over Sala's mind as it plunged his words and thoughts into the void. It was a presence that Sala was beginning to realize, to grow accustomed to, to recognize. It was the clammy feeling of a Kraata being placed upon one's spirit and body. It was the alluring feeling of staring into the shrouded secrets of a taboo. It was the overwhelming feeling of Kraata's inner-strength being released. In that moment, Sala realized what that feeling was; it was the essence of the Aspects, it was the heart darkness, it was the depth of the void.

Taking shaky yet firm steps away from the aspect, Sala took a brief shaky breathe of the hot, clammy air as it passed into his lungs before he spoke back, "N..No..No Sorilax..I.I..Don't got anything else to say. Ju..Just give me a moment please to process all of this. Thank you." 

With that, Sala left the chamber and left Sorilax and Nixie to do as they will as he made his way out of the central chamber of the crumbling ziggurat. Taking a seat halfway down the stairs, nearly stumbling down the rest of the way, Sala looked out into the thick, verdant, green foliage of the swamps. The constant and persistent humming and thrum of the swamp's ambience helping to alleviate the Su-Matoran's conscience, helping to quell the cold sensation that continued to lurk throughout his form.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Apex (The Air Ruins)

As Apex followed Morangad, past the vast growths of the Fau Swamp, they both reached the edges of the darkened clearing. And there, within its center, Apex saw the Air Ruins. Looking upon the ruins, Apex saw that over the many millennia that the structure had existed, the Fau Swamp was not been kind to it. The stone had been damaged and weakened from how old and worn it was, with portions of the brick and mortar having crumbled off and leaving patches across the stone edifice, patches Apex likened to those upon trees, carved in by Rahi or other sentient beings. But even if the ruins were worn and Apex's opinions on beauty were squarely grounded upon the natural formations of the world, she could not lie that the way the sharp, hard, stone geometry of the temple contrasted the vast, swirling, tangle of leaves, roots, and foliage certainly made for an awe-inspiring sight.

Just about to step into the clearing, Apex stopped dead still in her tracks, as her predatory senses kicked in as fear and instinct took hold.

Though it was slow and difficult at first, and Apex honestly feared the shadows she sought to command. Through her several days journey, freed from her cave of isolation, Apex had sparingly attempted to reconnect to her element in a more healthy environment and manner. Unfortunately, all she was able and willing to delve into was simply sensing, a simple and instinctual ability of her kind that she didn't feel frightened of.

And through her practice, she was able to slowly built up her ability to notice things that others wouldn't. From the disturbance of leaf and twig, from the displacement of light and shadow, Apex knew that they were not alone, there were others.

Recoiling back into the gloom of the foliage, Apex circled back around, keen on catching sight of whatever these other beings were before they caught sight of her.

OOC: @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Zak-Yak (The Fire Ruins)

Zak-Yak didn't paid heed to the conversation between Providence and the blue-clad warrior, Takadox. The odd, pale Mesi simply skulked behind his master, Varian, waiting upon the will of his quiet master to command him. But certain thoughts did trace their way through the degenerates skakdi's brain, mostly concerning where his allegiance's should fall.

"Yes, Varian master found Zak-Yak first. But Providence aspect claims to be greater spirit. But Providence aspect didn't tell us he was. And he talks to blue-thing, and blue-thing tried to hurt, no kill us. But Varian master is quiet, and does not seem to care about Zak-Yak. No, no Varian master loves us, he tells us good things. But when do Zak-Yak get Kraata then? Mmmmmm, good point."

At that point, another being, a blue and white Skakdi, loudly and boldly came into the broiling hot chamber. 

I am here to be Desecrated. Any takers?

"Desecrated, someone is getting desecrated?!" The thought ran through the Mesi head's and as he saw one of the odd beings in the chamber move and converse with this being, Zak-Yak's mind began to whirl. He didn't know how, Karz he barely even thought about it at the moment. All he thought in that moment was that this was his chance.

Shifting into his ethereal state, Zak-Yak followed behind unnoticed by anyone from within the chamber or the two beings leaving it.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

With - Sidra

Viltia watched with interest as Beruv grabbed both Toa Disks, made sure they didn’t touch, and set them aside. Viltia was super glad they were actually learning something new! As Sidra had said, repetition and failure were two invaluable things, but Viltia couldn’t help but want to learn as many new things as possible as fast as possible.

Beruv held up two Enlarge Kanoka and two Regeneration Kanoka, handing one of each to her pupils. “Merging discs is the hardest part of crafting Kanoka. Each Kanoka power reacts differently when trying to merge with another power. With Freezing, temperatures will drop and the fusion will be full of chunks and lose power. With Teleportation, if you don’t do it right, half of the other disc will end up who knows where. And with Weaken, the resulting disc has a high probability of breaking on first throw if not fused correctly.

Beruv grabbed her own pair of discs, also an Enlarge and Regeneration. She placed the one on the other. “But if fused correctly, a new power is formed. Now, these new powers are weaker than default Kanoka. The more you fuse, the quicker the resulting Kanoka power will wear off when striking an object or being. That’s why you don’t see Matoran running around with Kanoka of Rahi Control or Adaption. In contrast, the default eight powers are permanent when activated, with obvious exceptions. Something frozen will thaw. Something teleported won’t continue to teleport. And so on.

Beruv continued, “Another reason beings don’t use fused Kanoka or Toa Discs that often is the complexity of the powers and yet inherent lack of control. You strike someone with a Mind Control disc and you have no idea the command they will be given. You strike the ground with a Toa Disc of Gravity and you have no idea what anomaly might be produced. There’s no way to command or shape the power of a disc, especially the more nuanced and complex ones, hence why we create Kanohi out of them instead.

Beruv set her two discs on a workbench and grabbed a third one. Where it’s power type designation should have been was a symbol Viltia didn’t recognize but potentially could imply a shield. “This is what we will be trying to make today. Kanoka of Shielding. They are the easiest fusion that can be created. And as you can see, the Metru designation is normal along with its power level, but where the power type is, I have a shorthand symbol for Shielding. My symbols are my own, but it’s best to make them as self evident as possible should others need to work with your merged discs.

Beruv left the disc of Shielding on the workbench and picked up the discs of Enlarge and Regeneration again. “In fusions, Enlarge Kanoka tend to make the smallest impurities grow as large bubbles in the disc and Regeneration Kanoka tend to solidify the disc much sooner than novices are ready for. The answer to both of these is proper heat control and timing, raising it when needed to both cause impurities to rise the top to be skimmed away and to cause the hardening disc to soften again to continue merging. Then lowering the heat back to normal so as to keep the disc as powerful as possible and not lose power through excess heat.

Beruv smiled in a way that almost scared Viltia. It was almost as if Beruv knew something her two apprentices didn’t and was eagerly awaiting their future frustration. Still, despite the supposed challenge, fusing discs couldn’t be that much harder than what Viltia was already doing.

So,” Beruv eyed them both, thoughts hidden behind her optics, “Let’s start.

A couple very frustrating hours later, Viltia still hadn’t been able to properly merge one single Kanoka. Every time she thought she was close, it would turn out a part of it had hardened too fast or there was an impurity that bubbled underneath the disc or she had made the forge too hot and it took too long to solidify and lost its power. It gave her appreciation for how Beruv could tell just by sight what was wrong or what had caused a disc to go wrong. It really made Viltia question if she was ready to make higher level discs tomorrow when the new forge was finished. Beruv said higher level discs required a much greater eye for detail than she apparently currently possessed.

Viltia had another horrifying thought. Beruv had said Enlarge and Regeneration were the easiest Kanoka to merge. And Viltia had failed every time she tried so far! That… wasn’t good. Just how hard were the other combinations? It seemed her learning would only get tougher and tougher and now she longed for the last two days where making Kanoka had seemed so easy and fun.

Still, she knew what she wanted and knew masters weren’t made in a day or even a week. She was determined to see this through.

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

"A map?" 

She looked it over for a moment, taking note of some of the landmarks it depicted, before saying, "This could be useful to the refugees. Seems like most of the people who've left the villages for adventure have been picking a direction and hoping for the best."

Her thoughts turned to Knichou, and how the Fe-Toa might want to see the map for himself--if he was alright. He hadn't communicated with her since the boarding, but Nale's concern for her friend was interrupted by Mazor returning. "Sorry for putting you on the spot," she said to him. "Perhaps it was out of turn for me to...interrogate you like that about the artifact."

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

The Toa of Gravity certainly felt a kneejerk reaction to Kanohi and the Vahki's assessment about Matoran culture, but he dialed himself back and simply sighed instead. He'd taken on the mantle of Toa from Dume himself, something he had felt honored about in the moment, despite all along suspecting things had never been quite right with the Turaga--or the hunt for the Great Disks, for that matter. Him and the rest of those that were changed prior to the impact, had they all merely been created as tools to further an agenda? There was suddenly a knot in his stomach, and Jutori remembered how he'd questioned ever becoming a Toa to begin with back in the Archives, and felt that regret that would creep up from time to time when he remembered his excitement before entering Dume's office that fateful day.

If anything, he'd simply been going through the motions in the same way he did in his worklife. The very thing he'd intended to break out of to begin with.

His optics moved to Kilo, a pang in his heartlight, then to the Vahki before them. "So then, freedom. If that's the case, then I think there's a place for you here. This one..." he gestured to the mask-armored Fe-Matoran, "...isn't like us. Isn't like me. If the fellow can stand here, between two machines about to go at it without a second thought just to avoid violence, and be willing to heal the relationship between his people and another like that, I think he's the exact kind of rapport you need achieve what you want. Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't support you as well. It mostly depends..."

Jutori paused, then turned to face Kilo. "...on what my ally thinks."

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Toru Nui

IC: Triage - The Taku to Metru-Koro

Whether Zsann had responded or not, before her and the medic could continue their conversation the airship touched down. Triage looked towards his patients, then to Mega. "Keep an eye on them," he said, taking up his satchel and getting to his feet. "I'm going to check on the village. " Or rather, what was left of it.

He also had to return a keepsake, the battle having taken precedence, almost causing him to forget his original goal. He felt around in his bag for it, past various tools and medications (and a suspicious flask), until his fingers wrapped around the grip of a knife. Having confirmed it was right where he left it, Triage made his way off the Taku. Delivering the weapon to Nale simply felt like the right thing to do, but he also was curious how a knife engraved with the Toa of Magnetism's name had ended up in Metru-Koro on a corpse. He didn't think she had anything to do with it, but his mind traveled there nonetheless.

The Bo-Toa entered the battered village in search of his allies.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia@BULiK

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

The Twi-Toa smiled. "Kei... You don't need to make anything up to us."

Skorm's smile faded and he backed out of the embrace, looking out the entrance to the hut. "This island... it feels like its the end of the world. Again, even if we won the day here. My debt's paid, and I don't think sticking around is gonna good for me."

OOC: @Conway @TL01 NUVA

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Reliable Narrator | Far Shore

“Who am I,” the matoran echoed, eyes half closed in contemplation. “Who are any of us, really? But your friend there knew me by a name not so long ago.”

Korruhn’s arm twitched, and before his eyes he watched it speak. “NU..JU…”

“Yes,” Nuju replied. “I was Nuju. But we’re so much more now. Just like you, in a way: you’re so much more than you thought you’d ever be. And now you’re wondering what it was all for.”

He stood up, and a sneer crept across Nuju’s mask. “And that’s just delightful.”

Nuju walked away, the rippling water beneath his feet echoing his footsteps. As his figure faded into the mist beyond the shore, Korruhn heard his words faint as distant rumblings of thunder; “We’ll meet again, Korruhn. If Tren Krom wills it.”

A particularly large wave of dark water rose up and washed across Korruhn’s body, and the phantasmal being holding him down let go. Before he got a chance, the tide took him, and he found his body washing back onto the shore of the living, his destiny forever changed.

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @~Xemnas~, @The Captain, @EmperorWhenua, I'll get Axxon up asap.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Vashni - Desert, En Route to Po-Koro -

Vashni gave Kanohi a simple nod when the Matoran mentioned another vision. Obviously right now wasn't the time to take a look, but after the current situation was dealt with she'd see what it was. For now though, she listened to the conversation.

As someone who was never a resident of Metru-Nui herself, she wasn't super familiar with the Vahki and their story, or any machine in general. Fully mechanical beings like Kilo and the Vahki were something of an enigma to her. She couldn't read their mind, sense their emotions if they had them, or anything. It was like trying to read the mind of a table, or the mind of the ocean. There just wasn't anything to read to begin with. Of course she knew they had minds, they just weren't designed the same as theirs. But it was hard to see it that way when you were used to feeling the presence of others around you. It made her feel uneasy even if she thought about it.

She could try to say something of course, put her two cents in. Though frankly she felt that adding more words to this wouldn't accomplish anything. Everything that had been needed to be said had been said. So for now she continued to listen, standing by her friends and allies. 

@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Scaling a tall patch of roots, Taja and Whisper found himself staring out into the dead of night and a moonlit clearing There, in the center, rose a massive ruin of stone and vines. It looked like a grand ziggurat bisected, with the flat surface covered in hieroglyphs unknown to Taja. Closer inspection with illumination would reveal them to depict matoran offering prayers and platitudes to higher powers. At the top of the ziggurat Whisper made out a large gong glinting with the moonlight filling the clearing. She knew the gong well, though she’d never heard its voice. A large rectangular doorway at the base of the ziggurat awaited without a door to stop them...

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja looked out over the clearing, pausing to appreciate the structure in front of them. The ruin was massive; it was both tall and sprawling, built of ancient stone and covered in a thick web of vines and plant life. Carved into the surface of the stones were various drawings and hieroglyphs that she didn't understand. The once-sharp edges of these carvings had been eroded by the passing of time. Half of them were worn away, their meanings lost to time; others were overgrown by moss and would take closer inspection to identify. 

But it was the doorway that caught her attention first. It stood at the base of the ziggurat, and yet it still seemed to loom over them, like it appeared bigger than it was. She could feel it calling in a voice without words, pulling her into the temple. She knew instinctively that something great and terrible was hidden within. Whatever she sought was surely here. 

A tug on her senses suddenly brought the Toa back to reality. She could sense something—no, multiple somethings—moving in the darkness. If she could sense them, then she knew Whisper could too. Raising her disk launcher, Taja turned and looked out to where she could sense movement.

"Who's there?" she called.

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

The sense of familiarity at the sight of things she'd never really investigated before both concerned and intrigued Whisper. Perhaps Taja had been right, and some lingering recollections of Aspects who'd been absorbed back into the antidermis pool had been passed down to her. 

She too could sense the beings Taja had detected, shapes shifting in the shadow. What she noticed more was the silence that had fallen over the surrounding foliage. The birds and insects and other resident rahi had fallen silent, their calls quieted. 

It was possible the rahi were reacting to her presence; she did resemble a known predator of the swamps after all, but most of the rahi made alarm calls in her presence rather than fleeing or hiding. The silence belayed the presence of something larger and more fearsome than herself, and she kept a wary eye on her surrounds for any sign of what it may be. 

@Eyru @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

_______________________________________________________________________________________

It was mesmerising, watching the metal shift and reshape, to feel something that had no life or will still fight so bitterly against change. She hadn't managed to succeed in merging any of her disks so far either, her efforts being stymied by metal clumping together and impurities bubbling up in an instant. 

For once, the failures didn't bother her. She was enjoying the challenge of trying to counter the shifts in consistency, the puzzle of how best to combat sudden changes in the nature of the mingling types of protodermis. It was good practice, she suspected, for when she finally took on the task of melting down the sword. The weapon had been forged untold eons ago, and held a power that utterly outclassed the low-level Kanoka she was struggling with. She had little doubt the blade would fight being melted and reshaped. 

Near to the end of the third hour, she stepped back from her workbench, taking a drink of water while her latest attempt cooled. It was still far from perfect, its surface somewhat coarse and uneven, but she'd managed to smooth out the worst of the imperfections... or so she'd thought. 

As she set her canteen aside, there was a sudden thunk and splash of sizzling water from the bucket where her disk had been cooling. Sighing, she approached the bench again to find the disk split in two. The rupture exposed large open spaces within the disk, air bubbles that had formed under the surface, weakening it. 

"Back to the drawing board," she muttered, setting the failure aside and preparing to start over.

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They were silent. They listened to this exchange of knowledge, and received without giving. New words and ideas entered their mind one after the other. Kanoka. The power to shrink, to scramble, to fix. The shaping of Kanohi. The forging of disks.

Some of this knowledge seemed familiar to them, like they had forgotten it long before these beings were born. Some of it was new. Altogether, it was too much to comprehend now. They would take this information and file it away in the vast, lonely caverns of their mind. They would puzzle over it in the days to come; they would chew it thoughtfully and try to understand. And they would tease the strands of knowledge into something they could use, or they would forget it again.

They felt a tugging on their spirit. Something was calling them. Outside these old ruins. Outside this chamber that did not serve them. So they moved.

Turning around, they reached out with both hands and planted their knuckles on the stone floor. They swung their body in their usual stride, moving steadily across the floor of this room and back into the temple. They did not move swiftly, but they did not stop. They continued until they were once again striding underneath the ashen sky.

They sensed things were still changing, even though they had hardly managed to keep pace with the changes that had already come to pass. They would have to push themself to their limits simply to stay abreast of the world. They would prefer to stay in one place and hunker down until everything made sense. To pause and meditate for a week or a hundred years. But the balance of power was shifting, and their duty was to protect their island as it moved. That is the duty of the eldest sibling, after all: to care for the younger ones.

...that reminded them of someone. They reached out with their mind, mental fingers probing for a consciousness they had not spoken to in many years. They found it after a time. They breathed a silent word, speaking it directly into Mahrika's brain:

Young one.

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

So they moved. Turning around, they reached out with both hands and planted their knuckles on the stone floor. They swung their body in their usual stride, moving steadily across the floor of this room and back into the temple.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:29 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Nuva Chamber)

"Oh, you mean those creepy-looking mask things? I didn't know they could give you powers. I thought they were just something you used to look scary. Haven't seen any of these 'Kanoka', though."

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Then I don't know what to make of this," he said, noting the strange, large being shuffling away from the conversation. "I doubt the disks from my universe will work for this thing, and if the Matoran who lived here didn't have them, then I guess something else goes here."

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Apex (The Air Ruins)

With the silent grace of a prowling Muaka, and the tensed readiness of a Tarakava, Apex made her approach through the swamps obscuring foliage. Although Apex was keen on hiding away from the two entities she sensed, the darkened gloom offered by the thick canopy put her more on edge than she should've felt.

In a matter of only a few several strides, beneath root and over bush, Apex got so very close to the entities. Though the foliage and the shadow kept the beings mostly obscured, Apex knew that a single pounce would be enough. Slowly, carefully, priming her entire being, Apex's stinger rose, ready to strike, and then one of them spoke.

"Who's there?"

And like a Rahi caught in its tracks, Apex froze. They knew she was there, yet she did not make nearly a sound and the shadows mixed in with the foliage would have made the near-black aspect nearly impossible to spy. For several long tense moments, the silence of the swamp was as oppressive as the shadows of night, till it was once again broken.

Breaking through the brush, Apex revealed her entire self. Striding out parallel to the two beings, Apex moved slowly, carefully, and was prepared to strike back against any assault from the two beings. Staring first towards Taja, Apex spoke in a silent, sinister hiss, the undercurrent of a hideous growl emanating deep from the aspects throat. "You have good senses...Toa. Yes, that is what you are. That is good, you would have needed them to survive this far. But know, to announce oneself is never a wise choice. And you..."

Craning her head over, her form rippled as it registered the second entity. They bore the same distinct scent that she had smelled so many times already since her freedom, the scent of an aspect, the scent of a freshly born, the scent of one not of her time. "Ah, young one. Tell me this, how is it that you associate with a Toa. From what I recall from my time, the Matoran feared us and the Toa hunted us, why does this one not do the same?"

Ceasing in her pace, Apex planted herself a pounces distance away from Taja and Whisper, a curious yet still cautious look upon her face. "Hopefully Morangad followed along, I do not care to find that one within this shroud."

OOC: @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

The someone revealed itself. A Rahi strode out into the clearing. Its body was long and sinuous, rippling with muscles. Wings, translucent and beautiful, laid across its back. Its eyes... those eyes made Taja realize that this was no Rahi at all. Those eyes held a dark, hungry intelligence. And, reaching out, her shadow-sense confirmed it: this creature was like Whisper. An Aspect.

It clearly sought to intimidate them, and it was doing a good job. Taja wasn't sure if even the two of them could stand against it. But she swallowed her trepidation and kept her launcher pointed at the Rahi-like being.

"Wise is as wise does," she said, her voice steady. "You announced yourself the moment you arrived."

• Like 1

"That was before my time," Whisper replied, sizing up the newcomer. "An age of change is upon us." Other beings already in the temple, and now this elder Aspect outside. She and Taja had certainly chosen an interesting time to reach the ruins. 

The larger Aspect carried itself with an air of seniority, its words and demeanour both indicating it was old indeed. Like Whisper, it wore the form of a rahi, twisted and hybridised into something far more formidable than any mere beast could be. Though they conversed like civilised beings for now, both were predators, more at home in the wilds than among others. "Surely you've seen the signs." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

With - Sidra

Viltia failed one last time, the Kanoka hardening mid air and cracking slightly before she could cool it in water to properly harden it and retain its power. It was disappointing, but also the best she had done all night.

Beruv pat her side, “All right, girls. That’s enough for tonight. Now come over here, I have something for you both.” Beruv walked to her desk next to the workbench. It was rather small, recently made from the local wood, and not treated in any way. Papers were strewn about it, containing things like protodermis hue combinations, blueprints for varying masks, and tables of temperature and how different Kanoka responded.

Beruv grabbed two smaller scrolls that weren’t that large rolled up, but also weren’t simple pamphlets either. She held out one for each of them. “I had these copied from my notes starting three days ago when you first began. They contain my findings on this island and all my techniques I view as fundamental to helping new disc forgers. You’ll find a brief description of all the Kanoka I know of and what their specific problems are when merging them, along with a beginners guide on merging three discs at once. I even go into the fundamentals of Kanohi crafting. However, this is no replacement for my hands on teaching and personal experience. The depth of knowledge I don’t have time to write down is far greater than what you’ll find in those scrolls. They are both to help you remember what you’ve learned and to be a guide to be able to move forward and discover for yourselves should anything happen to me.

Beruv proudly looked at both of them, “I’m very proud that you both made it through all of tonight. Most beings get greatly discouraged by the sudden jump in difficulty and end up quitting around three failed discs in. I can tell you both are made of sterner stuff. Not to mention that you two are learning far faster than most others would. Both of you have an innate natural talent for this work that would make any Ta-Matoran jealous. I have no doubt that I’ll get you whipped into shape in under a month. True mastery obviously takes decades and centuries, but I think I’ll have you making your first great Kanohi,” she looked at Viltia and then at Sidra, “or have us help you make that Great Disc in well under a month.

Beruv shooed them with her hands, “Now get out of here and rest. Tomorrow we make more low level Kanoka for merging practice on the old forge while Torch and Match make all of our new protosteel tools on the new one after it’s finished being built.

Viltia bid Beruv goodnight and stepped out into the night, the waterlogged smell of the swamp pouncing on her as she left the low-grade industrial smell inside the forging hut. She sighed, mind now numb from the long day that was quickly catching up with her. She wanted to go back to her bed and read her scroll right away, but she knew she needed to be her best for her patrols the next day.

Her failures tonight would not beat her. Especially not after Beruv praised them like that. Sidra wouldn’t know it, but Beruv wasn’t one to give out praise were it wasn’t warranted or even go out of her way to help others when she had a job to do instead. She was totally work focused at all times. So they must really truly be good if Beruv had actually come out and said so and continued to help them learn.

Viltia certainly hoped so, anyway. Right now her brain just wanted to shut off. She could think about Beruv and her friend's personality later. Sleep was calling.

• Like 1

It had been a long time since Sidra had heard anything other than vague congratulations and the clink of coins after finishing a job. Despite her efforts to exude aloofness, she couldn't help but feel a warm thrill of pride at Beruv's praise. It felt good to be doing something different, to create something new, rather than taking or breaking something that someone else had made. 

Beruv's suggested ETA of "less than a month" left her with mixed feelings. It felt good to have a timeframe to aim for,  but it still felt so far out of reach. How much would change in the time she spent hiding out in this isolated place? Would there be anything left for her to find by then? 

She mulled the questions over silently as she thanked Beruv and Viltia for another insightful lesson, and set off for her bunk. 

@Kal the Guardian

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary @Toru Nui @Tarn

"I'm sorry. I was being selfish." Mazor said. His voice was sincere but his statement wasn't directed at anyone specific. He sat down and sighed, rocking the skaklet to sleep.

"I know what you must be thinking, the Krom Sphere didn't cause the crash." He paused for a moment and swalowed a lump in his throat. "My choices caused it." 

"The person I gave it too...Was an avatar of Mata-Nui. Pridak sent me on a mission, we went beneeth the archives. I was supposed to use the sphere to kill Mata-Nui. But I was selfish, and I gave him the sphere in return for a freedom from destiny. I don't know what happened after I left the room, I don't know if Mata-Nui would intentionally kill himself, or if he just didn't have time because I spent so long bartering. He said he was going to remake the world into a better place. I didn't know I would cause all this suffering." another lump was caught in his throat, and he couldn't swallow it, his eyes grew wet. 

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

"Wise is as wise does, you announced yourself the moment you arrived."

"Surely you've seen the signs."

Apex glared at the pair of black-clad beings. First glaring at the Toa, although they held a weapon that was trained upon the ancient aspect, Apex stood unfazed. Speaking smoothly and coolly, the sound of Apex's words was quickly picked up and deliver through the rustle of the leaves and the howling of the wind. "I announce myself only as a host should to guests within their domain, whether welcomed or not. Now then, how about you follow your own words and lay down your arms as I have myself. And you, young one. No, I have not seen these signs. In fact, it has only been as of recent that I was once again released into the world, thanks to that...Blemish upon the western horizon...The only thing I have seen is the changes that have been made, and I must say, I. Do. Not. Approves." The last of Apex's words were less spoken and more growled out, the intonation of them being accompanied by the force of what one would describe as spasm of the earth itself.

Calming herself, Apex directed her attention to the young aspect, the eyes within Apex's deep sockets surveying the little shadowling before her. They were small, weak, obviously uncapable of properly defending themselves. Unless they bore a power far greater than Apex could assume from mere sight, they were truly only meant to feed the void upon their inevitable end. A pitiful shame.

Peering back towards the Toa, Apex realized something. Their scent, though not the same as her ilk, bared the same resemblance to it. It was crisp, harsh, and hard to take in for long. Yes, they were different from their normal kin, they were not a Toa in the Matorans' sense of the word. But, something was indeed different, even more so than them being simple desecrated. They lacked a scent synonymous with the worms of dark. That vile, nauseating scent of a Kraata.

"Ah, I see now, I see why you follow this shadowling so willingly. You have been given the power of the worm, been touched by the void. I must admit, it is truly an oddity to see one of your kind marked as such. In my time, those Toa who accepted such deals were considered to cease being Toa, at least from the opinion of the Matoran. I believed they used another word...I believe it was...Piraka."

OOC: @Eyru @Burnmad @Nato the Traveler

IC [Coliseum]:

Yes, finally! I was back in my element. With every clash of our blades, I could feel the strength I’d missed for so long returning to me, and I couldn’t have felt better. I barely noticed that Oreius had survived unscathed, despite blocking my blade with his bare hands. I followed through with a kick and as my foot connected, I was ecstatic! Still, this much resistance to damage was a mystery worthy of consideration. He wore no armor or mask that would explain it - some mutation or natural ability then? How far did this ability extend? There was no such thing as true immortality - the risen dead were not their old selves and even the gods died, visible for all to see. A mere Toa, no matter how skilled, would not be exempt.

If I could not break his body, I would use his body to break him. I moved in again before the Toa had a chance to get back on his feet. I seized his sword arm with my free hand, planted my own feet - one on the Toa's chest, the other on the ground -  to get sure footing and wrenched it around. If I could dislocate or break the limb, his neck would…

BLAM!

My experiment was rudely interrupted. I couldn’t tell if it had worked or not, whether or not Oreius was as impervious as he seemed. I was spun around, searing pain in my side pulling my mind back into focus, just in time to feel a second impact and something rip through my lower back. I snarled, eyes zeroing in on Rose, revolver still raised and smoking. I blocked a third shot with my sword and activated my mask, pulling her in range of my sword. Maybe I had eradicated her people, maybe her anger was justified to some degree, but how could any perceived slight against her compare to the injustice our own people had suffered at the hands of her like?

One foot still pinning Oreius to the floor, I kept the other red Toa suspended in mid-air, I lifted my sword towards her face, the edge resting against her mask. My breath rasped as a I spoke but I paid it no mind. “Remind me again how your people suffered - I want to hear it!”

“Come on, you were so eager a moment ago, remind me how...”

Grey eyes stared at me. I saw them past Rose, standing behind the rest of my foes. That lone figure, just standing there. And those forsaken granite eyes again that I’d hoped never to see again, gazing at me with all the sadness and certainty of inevitability. That was simply not possible. This wasn’t real. Couldn’t be. My most recent defeated enemy gazed at me from beyond his grave at the foot of the coliseum, a specter or illusion. Why? Why his ghost? Of all the dead I knew, why him? Not Mantax, Carapar or Kalmah. Not even my father. Why the old fool? What was the universe trying to tell me with this apparition? Did I wish for him to see the demise of his allies so badly, to ensure he was cognisant of his failure to the point I conjured up his image?

Taken off-guard, Aurax’ ACR slammed into me. I yelled and slashed at it blindly as I was swept off of my feet, my eyes still on the mirage watching me. A moment later we crashed into the wall, concrete cracking from the combat-suits impact. I tried to wriggle myself free and felt warmth spread down my midst. I growled, and briefly tore my gaze off of the spectre and saw the hilt of the ACRs blade press against my sternum. That explained the lack of movement and pain. I lifted my sword and plunged it into the mechanical arm that had run me through, then yanked the hilt of my sword sideways, cutting the appendage off at the midpoint before knocking the whole machine over with my mask. With it out of the way, I fell from the wall to my knees.

An orange blur descended upon me. Bold of Aurax he would get a chance to backstab me a third time today! With effort, I swung my sword as hard as I could, fed by the very strength the previous attack had granted me. My insides burned with the sudden movement around the sharp object firmly embedded in them - but I managed to bat aside the incoming scythe and it struck the floor with a clang. His momentum carried the Toa forward and I lacked the speed to evade. Aurax crashed into me and we stumbled, until we hit the wall again. The impact dislodged the ACRs blade and the jolt of pain served as inspiration. I held on to Aurax tightly and spun us around so it was him with his back to the wall now. I had my arm across his throat, pushing hard, and looked the Toa in the eyes. 

“You want my crown so bad, hm? Have a taste of what it’s like wearing it!”

With my free hand, I yanked the loosened ACR blade out by what was left of the arm and plunged it into him, returning the favor of having the blade turned against its owner, much like he had turned against me. I smiled through the pain.

“Yeah, you can hit me. But you can’t kill me. I can’t lose. No way I can lose.”

I staggered backwards, then turned around. Everything hurt, and that was good. Pain meant you were still alive. But some part of me also recognized the hole in my chest was a very bad sign, no matter how invigorated I felt otherwise. My vision blurred for a heartlight beat, and I looked up to see if the ghost was still there. And indeed he was, now standing by my throne. I forced myself back upright. 

Nothing made sense anymore. Everything I won I’d lost. Everyone I’d trusted betrayed me. Everyone I killed didn’t die. And despite feeling alive I also couldn’t help feel I was on my way out. What a rahi forsaken day…

I started to walk, as best I could. I could hear dripping with every step. No matter. Takea needed to swim to survive, to move forward. Never stop moving forward. Never...stop...

“Why? Why you!? Why do you haunt me!?” I challenged the apparition.

If it answered, I didn’t hear it. My legs gave out at the bottom of the dais. My sword clattered on the steps as it slipped from my grasp. Eyes blurring, I tried to hold on to the spectre as much as possible. I spoke. Whether to Stannis or the living, I wasn't sure. It didn't matter. 

“The throne comes with...with burdens…impossible to be...shirked.”

“Y-you’re gonna carry that weight...”

“...ta-take...care...o-of...ou...our…”

The last word was so soft, it was barely a whisper.

“...people.”

OOC: Goodbye Pridak. I almost felt sorry for you. @Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Tarn

• Like 8

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Stannis | Coliseum

The old man stood there, watching with sorrow as the paragon of freedom finally met the end of his cycle. It was quiet, then, as the warriors on both sides stopped their combat in the wake of his death. Slowly, they also realized their august wizard was still there as Stannis hobbled towards the throne and Pridak's corpse. He’d been weakened severely as well and his body had still not fully healed itself inside, but he managed to shuffle through the short march to his old foe. 

He collapsed next to him, barely managing to soften his fall and awkwardly settle into a cross-legged meditative pose. It was like having tea an old friend who was splayed our in repose on the salon rug, evoking an image of placidity and stillness that belied the treacherous path that brought them all there. He patted the floor next to Pridak. You did good, he seemed to say. You played well.

For a long moment, he said nothing and simply stared off into the void, and then he finally looked to Aurax, eyes boring into him, waiting for what the vacuum of power would offer next. 

Well?

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Pridak's Throne Room -

Skyra felt her heart skip a beat as Pridak breathed his last. Was it over? Was this war finally over? Maybe. Skyra had been fighting so long now that she wasn't sure it was possibly for the war to end anymore, and it wasn't like either side was innocent. Sure, she was heavily biased towards her own side. But she'd seen enough things, especially recently, to put some doubts in her mind about how things were...well had been run in Metru-Nui. She supposed it didn't matter much now. 

She felt strangly giddy, like there was some sense of closure with the death of the League's leader. Whatever happened after this, she didn't really care too much at that moment. She made her way over to Rose and touched her shoulder. "You okay love?" She had to make sure her wife was alright at the very least. 

There was...one thing that was bothering her. She'd been a bit preoccupied when it happened, but she could have sworn Stannis had been fatally injured and sent falling to his most likely death. How exactly was he standing here now, without a scratch on him? She'd only seen what happened in the corner of her eye but...she couldn't have imagined all that right? 

"Stannis, how the #### are you alive right now?" 

@Vezok's Friend@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua@Kal the Guardian@Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak (Big Dead), Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

As the fight with Pridak unfolded, Saybo remained frozen in place. His optics swept the room, searching for something to allow him to break free of the mental command that kept him in its sway. He spotted bits of Pridak’s battle suit on the ground, broken and in parts as the warlord had ejected out of them.

A thought quickly entered his mind. Stannis’ Kanohi of Conjuring. He could use that to break free. Pridak had stowed away the mask in his… there! Saybo spotted the piece of armor. Now he just needed to somehow get over to it.

A mech suit ramming into Pridak stole away his attention.

Pridak tore the mech’s arm off like it was nothing. What happened next hit Saybo deeply. Watching Aurax get stabbed jostled Saybo’s mind like a brick in a washing machine. Watching Pridak die then severed the cord of the power of the staff of command like scissors cutting through twine. It was still in the back of his mind, whispering to him as it probably would be for hours to come, but he was free to confidently act out his own decisions and actions once more.

Saybo scrambled for the piece of the combat suit he spotted, still mysteriously unable to summon his element. He picked up the piece and- Oof! Okay, his left arm hurt for some reason. Saybo briefly remembered an explosion hitting him for some reason.

Instead, he merely flipped over the piece of the suit and dug in the pocket, pulling Stannis’ mask free. Letting his Miru dangle on its chains, Saybo donned the mask, eyeing Aurax. Saybo knew Aurax would live on, as he was a Great Being, but Saybo could’t allow this vessel to die. He stood, ignoring the pain that flared in his chest, probably also from that explosion. There was something else, too. A presence from the mask that felt… off. Saybo ignored it for the time being.

He walked to Aurax, freely speaking an input for the Kanohi of Conjuring. All his learning under the Dark Hunters gave him the knowledge that he needed to watch out for and avoid any potential psychic backlash of the unique mask. “Grant me the ability to heal both myself and others through the use of my hands touching either myself or others. This healing ability is to be mentally activated through this mask and functions much like a Rhotuka of healing, where any physical injury can be healed through one touch. This healing will take longer to heal the more serious the injury is so as to completely and naturally restore any body back to it’s pre-injured state regardless of the severity of the physical injury. Like the Rhotuka of Healing, this power will not need a continuous supply of power or focus to function, with all the healing energy entering the body upon initial activation.

Weakness, this healing power cannot heal any form of mutation or disease.” That might not be enough for a weakness. Saybo wasn’t sure. He hadn’t spent much time studying how this type of mask functioned, he only knew the basics, not intricacies. And this mask felt off for some reason. “Second weakness, each healing takes a small amount of elemental energy from the user such as when the user exerts control over their element and expends elemental energy. This usage will allow the elemental energy used up to be able to be regenerated later.

He stood before Aurax, hoping for the command to be accepted. Seconds felt like eons as it seemed like the mask wanted off his face. There was something wrong with it. An unknowable force trying to reject him. But Saybo’s mind was not one of emotion, it was one of pure focus on saving his Great Being. He would not have it any other way. A headache started to form, trying to break his mental focus. Then it came. A mental phrase that sounded like sweet, soft music despite the mask’s attempts to make him remove it.

Input Accepted.

Saybo touched his chest to make sure the power worked as intended, willing himself to be healed. He felt a small amount of elemental energy get used up and the pain in his chest and arm slowly receded. Good.

Saybo grabbed the mecha’s blade still in Aurax, “Excuse me, Great Being, but this needs to be removed.” Bracing himself, he wrenched the blade free, a sickly squelching/scraping noise accompanying it. He tossed it aside, laying a hand on his Great Aurax’s physical vessel. He activated the programmed mask power and began the healing. Hopefully Aurax’s injuries were not too severe and the slow healing could save him if he was close to death.

The second healing doubled the headache and Saybo almost lost focus. It felt like the void between the stars was dripping onto his brain, trying to reject him in ways he couldn’t fathom. The power was already programmed in, and the healing was all in the initial burst, despite the time clause, but Saybo tried to keep focused regardless. He didn’t realize his hands now clutched at his head.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Emperor Whenua told me Stannis' mask has some repercussions.
  • Like 5

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Well, that was that. As he watched the Shark King take his last breath, Waveahk wondered if he had been on the wrong side from the very beginning. He had never been the greatest supporter of the Matoran and their nonsense religion. But regardless, the League had chosen to make an enemy of him when they made him into… this.

He didn’t know how much longer he had. A fierce thirst had been building up since he had to hide in the vent, and was now almost unendurable. The thirst came more rapidly these days. Rather than pick up his Kanoka Blade still lying on the floor, question Stannis’s improbable survival, or get out of there before any of the Toa could betray him, Waveahk started chugging from one of his gourds. The thirst went away… and the pain began, as he felt his body slowly, but surely, changing into something else.

Achro, meanwhile, considered his options. He could keep fighting, and likely die, which made it not worth it, but only barely. He could pledge his loyalty to the new regime, assuming any of these people were interested in being in charge. Or, he could take advantage of the fact that everyone’s attention was elsewhere to run as fast as feasibly possible to the elevator.

For now, however, he’d stay out of focus, and try to gauge the temperature of the room before making any moves.

@EmperorWhenua@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Tarn@Snelly@Eyru

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

Navu followed Triage for some reason, desperate to be of some use to someone.

"So… where we going?"

@Tarn

"How do we know your people’s disks don’t work unless we try? There’s gotta be someone around the, uh… impact site who knows what’s up. There's no 'do not touch' sign here, no glass case, so I think it's safe to say we can take this gizmo with us."

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

To say that this threw Gnabol for a loop would be an understatement. According to Mazor, the Matoran god was not only real - or had been - but was either suicidal or malevolent. Neither option boded well, even if he really was dead. What even was death to a god? This all assumed that Mazor’s account wasn’t mistaken, for one reason or another.

Shock quickly turned into denial. "It… it can’t be… you - you must be mistaken..."

Gnabol had reason enough for disbelief other than a spiritual crisis. After all, according to Matoran dogma, the Zyglak were not part of Mata Nui’s grand design. If Mata Nui was real, dead or not… what would that mean for his race?

@Smudge8@Tarn

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

And you, young one. No, I have not seen these signs. In fact, it has only been as of recent that I was once again released into the world, thanks to that...Blemish upon the western horizon...The only thing I have seen is the changes that have been made, and I must say, I. Do. Not. Approve." 

"Your sight must be abandoning you in your age if you've failed to notice what's happening on this island. The skull of a dead god occupies the horizon. The denizens of a new universe are among us. Toa wield the power of light, and two Tahtorak have walked our shores in less than two weeks." There were other changes, too, things she didn't know or understand. Perhaps this older Aspect did, and was simply choosing to live in denial. "Whether you approve or not, a time of change is upon us. I intend to embrace that change." 

@Sparticus147

41 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"How do we know your people’s disks don’t work unless we try? There’s gotta be someone around the, uh… impact site who knows what’s up. There's no 'do not touch' sign here, no glass case, so I think it's safe to say we can take this gizmo with us."

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"It looks like it's attached to the floor. Do you really want to lug this thing around the island in the hopes of finding a disk we can plug into it?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Coliseum

As Stannis sat and studied Aurax his attention was snagged by Saybo donning his own kanohi and testing it, then using it to heal the injured deputy. His brows perked at Skyra's question but he didn't answer it right away, instead observing Saybo endure a torture unlike he'd ever felt before. Poor Saybo, Stannis considered, first a Staff of Command took his mind away, and now this

"You should give that back to me," the old toa genteelly said and stretched a hand out towards  Saybo. He seemed unconcerned at all that his Haonga had been used by another and sounded as though he was offering to relieve the Ga-Toa of an unwarranted heavy burden, a magnanimous favor without conditions. 

• Like 1

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak (Big Dead), Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

Huuuuuuuuuhh,” Saybo wheezed, unaware that he was making any noise. His head felt like it was gripped in a vice made from pure, concentrated Nothing, resolute despite it not being able to exist. It was a feeling so otherworldly it took him to his knees without his knowledge.

"You should give that back to me," Stannis’ words were an eye of the storm. A path that cut through the pain. The only walkway illuminated in an endless void. Saybo took that path. It was the only thing he could do. He wasn’t sure if it was the mask’s doing or his own, but he cut concentration and doffed the Haonga. Immediately the headache and eldritch feeling was gone as if it had never been. But Saybo knew. He remembered. And he would for the rest of his days.

Saybo reached out to return the mask, as Aurax had promised. He wasn’t sure, but the mask seemed, at least to him, to jump the last few inches between his hand and Stannis’. Saybo was glad to be rid of it.

With what he just endured came a well of questions, but also respect. Whether Stannis generated that feeling or endured it, Saybo no longer felt the need to one up the Toa of Stone. Stannis was more than he could comprehend.

But obviously less than Aurax. He was a Great Being.

Or was it Pridak?

Ugh, Saybo had forgotten the command was still in the back of his mind.

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua

Viltia was out like rock at the bottom of a landslide that had happened decades ago. Her body hungrily accepted sleep. The noise of the others sleeping in the communal hut drowned out the swamp ambiance as Viltia slept in a hut with other beings who also didn’t have huts of their own yet either. Tomorrow was an element study day, so she would spend it helping expand the village.

Tap tap.

Viltia shifted in her sleep.

Tap tap.

She started to dream as her mind awoke.

Tap tap tap!

Viltia’s optics groggily opened. It was still dark. Why had she woken up?

Tap tap!

Wing was beside her bed. In the darkness, she looked… off. Something was wrong. Viltia sat up, her mind forced to alertness. Wing covered Viltia’s mouth with her hand and shook her head before Viltia could speak. Wing motioned to the door and silently crept off. Viltia noticed Wing’s right arm hung limp as she moved.

Everyone else was still asleep as Viltia followed as quietly as she could. She grabbed her axe crossbow along the way. Wing was crouching at the door to the hut, watching something in the dark. Viltia joined her. Crickets and frogs sang out in the night, not taking heed to any events unfolding. Viltia smelled rot, not just from a tree, but a mixture of tree rot and organic muscle rot. It caused her to gag involuntarily. Wing grabbed her leg as a sign to quiet down.

At first Viltia couldn’t see anything. The village was covered in a thick blanket of black beneath the canopy. Slowly she noticed small things. Movement here, scuffling on wood there. There was loud buzzing that she had thought was background noise but was actually much closer.

All questions were answered when a mosquito half the size of a Matoran flew in between a roof and railing and landed on the platform closest to the hut she was in. Viltia jumped in surprise, despite knowing something was out there. But mosquitoes didn’t travel by sound, why were they being quiet? Viltia looked to Wing.

Wing nodded knowingly. She pointed to the mosquito closest to them, pointed to her audio receptor, and shrugged with the one arm.

That figured. The Fau Swamp was explanation enough.

Now that she knew what to look for, she saw dozens of the things crawling around in the dark underneath and on top of the roofs they had over most of the village platforms and bridges. Hopefully Sidra was okay. And Beruv. And Torch. And everyone.

Viltia tried to think up solutions to the problem. Wing was hurt and had awoken her, which implied malicious intent. Insects already responded poorly to her mask, let alone more than one at a time, so that was out. She had no real combat control over her power, definitely not to the point of defeating dozens of enemies. That left her laser crossbow. That could work, actually. As long as she could remain still to aim, she was a pretty good shot.

She raised it to her shoulder, aiming down the sights at the closest mosquito. She pulled the trigger and a flash of light raced through the air. It atomized a hole through the large mosquito’s head. It stumbled on its sharp, pointed legs and fell to the ground of the platform.

Another mosquito came over to investigate the sudden light. It noticed its dead friend and stuck its proboscis into it, sucking up the vile, rot smelling fluid the dead one had no doubt taken from other insects or Rahi in the area. Viltia looked to Wing and her limp arm. Or maybe even taken from her friends.

Another flash of laser light and the second one was dead, its brains dispersing as atoms into the air. No other came over, causing Wing to tug on her and make a ‘follow me’ motion as she cautiously left the hut. Following Wing’s lead, Viltia found herself at a position to see much of the village. They both leaned close to the side of a different hut for cover as Viltia tried to get a feel for how to proceed. Thankfully the light from her laser crossbow was near silent and traveled fast enough that the mosquitoes couldn’t seem to find her. She took aim. This was going to be a long night.

Thirty seven dead, giant mosquitoes and three and a half hours later, Viltia and Wing finally felt secure enough to call an all clear to the rest of the village guards that had been fighting their own battles or hiding. Viltia spent the rest of the night helping dump the bodies over railings and onto the swamp floor below. No doubt that rotting smell would attract other, more deadly creatures if it remained. In the light of day, they would need to further move the bodies.

The damage reported ended up being the loss of use in three limbs, one lower torso, and one Matoran guard death. The bodies could be healed in time, but the loss of life hit Viltia hard. Her body suddenly felt drained of all energy. Like she had somehow convinced her body to forget how tired it was, but now it all came rushing back and stronger than ever.

Wing and a female Vortixx helped her back to her bed, where Wing told her to sleep as long as she needed. The day rotation would take care of the rest.

• Like 2

The sound of weapons-fire in the night brought Sidra careening back into consciousness. A life of travel meant she'd gotten used to sleeping through a lot of uncomfortable locations and unusual noises, but her instincts kicked in at the sound of battle. Her hands fumbled for her weapons and equipment, tucked under the bed, but someone bumped into her arm, hampering her efforts. She could hear confused cries and frenzied flailing in the darkness, as others awoken by the noise tried to figure out what was going on. Her eyes struggled to adjust to the darkness, making out only vague, shifting shapes. 

Cursing, Sidra rolled off the other side of the cot, eventually finding her gauntlet on the floor underneath and slipping in on. She powered up the screen of her iStone and dialed up the brightness, offering some meagre illumination in the night. A few others in the room had pulled out lightstone lanterns, helping breathe some sense of calm back into the room. That was, until one of the shuttered windows rattled, and a less-than-sensible Matoran decided to open it.

Something lunged through the new entrance, tapered mouthparts stabbing at the terrified Matoran. Sidra only saw spindly limbs and glistening eyes, details that didn't belong to any villager she'd seen, before loosing a spinner at the creature. The razored rhotuka arced up towards the ceiling, mentally guided safely over the heads of those in the room, before sweeping back down to split the mosquito in twain, spattering the floors with insect ichor. 

"Close the window! Put the cots up against them to stop anything else from coming through!" She snatched up her dagger and moved towards the door, finding another mosquito waiting the instant she cracked it open. The needle-like mouthparts lanced through the crack in the door, jabbing at her arm. She grabbed the proboscis with her gauntlet and jammed her dagger into the insect's head, twisting it around until the creature stopped twitching.

She tossed the dead bug back outside, eliciting a shriek from a villager outside, who was waving a flaming torch around in a frenzied panic. Sidra grabbed him and pulled him through the door, stomping out the torch as he dropped it on the floor in fright. "Everyone stay inside!" The night was the domain of the insects. No doubt they could see or sense far better than their intended prey could. There was no sense blundering about in the dark trying to pick a fight when they could easily hunker down instead.

While the others set about stacking cots up against the windows, Sidra and a few others remained perched by the door, holding it open just enough to dissuade any insects that drew too close, and offer shelter to anyone who passed. 

After a few hours, the sounds of fighting drew to a close, the remaining insects having withdrawn or been destroyed. Even after the all-clear was given, Sidra struggled to get back to sleep. The brief bout with the swarmed had served only to exacerbate her exhaustion, but dread at the thought of what else might come crawling by while she slumbered kept her from meaningful rest. Long past dawn, she tossed and turned, before finally giving up and stepping outside again. 

Down below, some of the villagers were dragging away the bodies, and she headed down to help them, hoping that no one she knew would be among the fallen. She wasn't in any kind of mood to go scouting today, but she still wanted to be productive. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

Nale's expression blanked, the explanation behind the events leading to the impact being just as hard to fathom as everything Knichou had told her. "...you met...Mata Nui?"

Maybe she should have been upset with Mazor like he expected her to be, if what he spoke was true, but if anything she was reeling too much from the revelation he'd delivered. The League had intended to literally kill Mata Nui, but in failing had created a much worse outcome for everyone. She had discarded her belief in a Matoran god upon seeing His scrap metal head staring back at her from the horizon, but being before someone who had met Him face-to-face...it was all a bit much for her.

"Remake the world into a better place," she repeated under her breath. "Some job He did."

"It's all a bit hard to believe," she said, shaking her head. "I suppose the only comfort I could provide is you had no idea what would happen, I...I don't think anyone has ever been put in such a position like that, before."

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Rose - Pridak's Former Throne Room

Rose responded to her wife with a groan, before struggling to hit the "eject" button. Her mechsuit proceeded to spit her out, the Toa of Fire falling to her knees while the extra layer of armor collapsed behind her, curled up in a manner similar to a dying insect, too damaged to change shape properly. Her revolver slipped from her hand, the clatter as it hit the floor echoing against the walls of the throne room. The injury to her arm continued to bleed. Getting jerked around by a Matatu wasn't something she was expecting.

"I'm fine, hun..." she rasped out. "As long as he's dead, I'm fine. Is there a medic nearby...?"

She thought she'd feel different once the warlord was dead, that her thirst for revenge would be quenched, that there'd be some sort of satisfaction. Instead, all she felt was her arm hurting like Karzahni. Rose at least hoped Pridak's death would mean something, and that what her and the others had done was the right thing.

And maybe now, her family could rest easy.

@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro

The medic was somewhat surprised to see the De-Matoran following with him. "Ah, Navu. I have to return something, is all. Once I can find the person I need to return it to, that is..."

Triage thought for a moment as he walked, observing the damage done, then said, "Shouldn't you be checking on your hut? If the uh, body is still there I think we can do something about it now..."

@Toru Nui

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax screamed in pain as Saybo wrenched the blade from his left side. Luckily the pain slowly began to subside as Saybo used Stannis' mask to heal him.

The Toa's head spun with all kinds of thoughts. He had done it. He had gotten his wish- Pridak, the conqueror of the Matoran Universe, was dead. 

Now what?

Aurax stood on shaky legs, wincing in pain from his not-yet-fully healed side. He patted Saybo's shoulder in thanks as he slowly walked over to Pridak's corpse. He slowly bent down and picked up the warlord's sword.

"I couldn't have done this without all of your help, so thank you," he said to the people in the room. "I claim Pridak's sword, his throne, and his ACR- what's left of it, anyway. I'm gonna start making some changes around here..."

He locked eyes with Stannis, as if to say, What do you want?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Kal the Guardian

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins of Fire

Whira turned and faced Cravious. "My greatest desire is to prove to the other Aspects that I can be just as powerful, if not more, than they," she said. "Once I desecrate you, you'll be helping me with that. Before we begin though, I must tell you, for the rite to proceed, I'll need a sacrifice. A heartlight, preferably still beating. Oh, and there's the subject of what sort of power you'd like. There are many I can grant you."

• Like 1